X'ers ......Thursday Jan 11

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Last night I really mentally didn't want to workout, but I did anyways. It's interesting because even though I really wasn't that into it, I increased all of my weights, but then felt I had to assist more on the pull/chin ups. I can't do any of those anyway, they are so darn hard. I worked my biceps to complete failure, so I'm hoping I'll see some results. I tacked on the abs from HST, I think that's what it's called and used 1lb ankle weights and the med ball. I'm determined to take my core to the next level, whereever that is.....Today is yoga x and I'm going to do Brian Kest Sweat and either LM or a run. It's cold here now.

Finally catching up on personals,

Deb B – Wow great on the weight loss. Maybe you could find a shorter yoga to start with. It really is good for you. I don’t blame you for subbing though; I hate spending time and feeling like I’m not really doing anything of benefit.

Traci – Personally I think that we are all bringing it on some level by just working out everyday and setting goals for ourselves, so who cares if a few workouts are not 100%. I really don’t think that any athlete goes out and performs at their best every day. I want the master’s series, but I may have to have a complete break from Tony before I go back again. Ninety days is a long time and I think part of it is that this is just so intense and I’ve never worked this hard continuously for ninety days, not with weight work anyway.

Monica – I hope you enjoyed KPC. I haven’t done it in it’s entirety in a long time. I require a longer warm-up for plyo x than the few minutes Tony does to so I did LM warm-up and first step section and then plyo x. That way I felt like I could give it my all from the start.

Laurie – I know I wasn’t bringing it with my Cathe workouts either. I will have a whole new mindset when I return to them.

Buffy – I had some mild DOMS from ch/sh/tri, which unfortunately lasted for two days.

Lea – I hope you feel better. There is nothing worse than being sick and especially with young kids. I’ve been in bed the last 2 nights at 8:30 and fallen asleep right away. I hope the extra sleep keeps me from getting sick too.

Jeanette – My left lat was weaker for a long time and I used to add a few extra reps to that side. I wouldn’t continue with the strong side because then it will get stronger. I think muscle imbalance can cause injury. Now they are close to equal. I’d definitely always switch sides that you start with like Sandra said.

Monica – I’m sure you will get some definition in your biceps from B& B. Do you try to work to failure? During phase 1 I was tentative about that, but I feel that I have a pretty strong muscle base now and I worked until failure for every exercise in B & B. I think Tony wants to look as good as possible, maybe a little vanity there, but he really is in good shape.

Sandra – If you’re supposed to do an oblique crunch with the rock star hops then I’m not doing them right. I’m still trying to land quietly. I can for the first side, but on the second it’s quite loud and not very plyo like. Remember, the sooner you get that thesis done, the sooner you will never have to look at it again. That was a huge motivator for me.

Gayle – You are doing great with the weight work and the swimming. Great job for using the 20s. I love shoulders and arms.

X – Glad you enjoyed HCE#3. I love that whole series and thought I might do LM if I don’t go for a run this afternoon. I don’t think subbing a workout here and there is a problem, especially the cardio. I’ve added extra cardio and leg work all along.

Debra – Going to Charleston, SC? It’s supposed to be really pretty. I hope the weather will be nice for you. The east is having a cold spell now, but last weekend was 70. Down there it should be milder. I hope you found something, I never do when I’m really looking for something. Enjoy your rest day.

Jeanette – Great job getting the Dh involved. I’m going to stick it out until the end too, but I have to complain a little. After working on the dissertation I’m pretty anal about finishing things and that combined with my addictive workout behavior is deadly. I had a little fat jiggle doing plyo x yesterday and I didn’t like it. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get rid of that fat at the bottom of my butt. Oh well, I just try not to look at it!

Wishing great workouts to all,

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.