X'ers ... THURSDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning gang.... better go read yesterday and make sure Tracys ok... Is it too cold to type this morning Tracy? :+

PH 3 - WK 3 - Day 5 Legs*Back + ARX
Back with personals.... It 40 degrees this AM - ZIPPITY DO DA!!!!!!!!
:7 :7 :7 :7

Its PERSONALS Time!!!!!!

:7 Monica:
About the rest days... If I were so smart I would start it now! I'm just so ready to move on tho I will stay on schedule no matter what! Its a mission for me now!!!! Still trying to figure out if I'll do final recovery week exactly as is or if I will just do lite cardio/ abs/yoga.... We'll see.
I like all the pushups for chest DOMS too... I cant figure it out but traditional chest work just never got me "there"... LOL on P90X vs Cathe discussion.. I so dont get the "If you love Tony you're disloyal to Cathe" feeling by some. Its a big world... room for all of us I think...

:7 DB:
Hope Yoga X went well last night... I'm with ya on the fried legs then all those other workouts that STILL work the legs... Its brutal when ya focus too much on it!

:7 LEA:
LOL on your eating resolve! I so relate... Just started Tosca Rena Eat Clean and have already started cleaning up my act for these final few weeks of X! Hope the puffies are starting to go away... could be still another few days tho until recovery week as Sandra said.
Thanks for the kudos on SH*Arm increases. My biceps were always my biggest challenge no it appears I need to focus on strengthening those darn triceps! ALWAYS something I suppose!

:7 STEPH:
OMG I am so sorry you are having such struggles right now. PLEASE never worry about the personals... we all just want to know how you are. Its a weird environment here as if something really awful happened to one of us there really is no way of ever finding out ... they would just "disappear" from the forums...gives me chills to think about. It may be leftover thoughts from the deaths here yesterday due to ice storm... ya go off to work and BAM..... Makes me want to hug everyone I know & love! As far as going back to rotation... You may just surprise yourself w/ some strength gains... if this set of "germs" were invading your body slowly you may have never known the effect they were having before you got so sick.... Your health is #1 priority....P90X will still be here later.

:7 SANDRA: :
LOL on planning KM challenge AFTER kenpo... and at the end of a week to boot! You are AMAZING! ^^^^^^^5 on the great pump yesterday! See what a difference a week or so makes? I think we all need to remember that we are women.. and we will indeed go thru "stuff". HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY you r back at fulspeed! Yesterday with DD2 was delightful to read about.... She is quite her "mothers daughter" isnt she? What joy she must bring you! Had to laugh about 72 plyo- jacks... First- Who but you would count those suckers... Second: What makes you think I actually did ALL the plyo jacks? lololol Funny story about snow/bus stop. My goodness all our schools were cancelled for past two days for ice! What a different view cold is from the south! Hang tough w/ editing.... you are rolling now so this week will start flowing soon. Keeping good thoughts for ya!

:7 DEBRA: : OK whats up with all of you and your add-ons this week? You're killing me... I feel like a weenie! I just dont know how you are all getting so into all the extra...I'm pooped! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY DAY! Enjoy your weekend of celebration... I really started feeling comfortable in my own skin at 40... a great 40 are ahead!

:7 TRACY: LOL on LIC feelings... to be honest... As far as I'm concered all step / circuit workouts are pretty much the same... Its the music that makes or breaks it for me. I guess I just am not the fanatic about step that everyone seems to be, its just another form of cardio... No doubt you are fatigued! You have had quite the workouts this week.... please take some rest time! Your stength increases are exciting! I wonder when/if muscles ever hit a wall and you can never lift heavier???? GREAT idea about holding my ankle weights to add on 1-2 pounds! I appreiate the tip!

:7 Jeanette: Have a great day!!!! I caught p with you yesterday!

:7 LAURIE: Great Thursday to you as well!!!

:7 X: Everything OK out there?????

:7 Gayle???? lol

Outta here... got a training today

:7

Good Morning All!

Traci - Yoga X went well last night. Definitely focused, and definitely felt the burn. I definitely think my butt looks a little less droopy since I've been doing all this Yoga. I used to dread any type of lunge, now I find that I almost look forward to them. Also, I wanted to comment on your Crouching Cohen Curls with 15#s. WOW! I only use 12's, but I end up doing about 25 reps. How many reps do you do with 15's? Regardless, that weight is great! Good job!

Lea - In regards to how doubles are working out.... I've been on and off the wagon with this. My doubles usually doesn't consist of doing all of Cardio X considering I work out in the evening (between 7:30 and 10:00), so I usually just subbed with a 20 minute run or Cathe step routine. This week was the first week I skipped a cardio before weight work (Tuesday I just did S&A and ARX). What I'm finding out is that as I make gains with this program, but in the later weeks of the program, I'm also exhausting myself more and more. When I first started this program, I had never SERIOUSLY lifted. The first few times I did the videos I almost thought they were too easy. Then, the first week was over and I couldn't move! Since then, I've really been focusing on form and reps and have made serious progress. It actually surprises me how much progress I've made with so little cardio. My weight (i.e. how much I weigh) has remained consistent, but the definition I've longed for is now popping out. Anyway, doubles is VERY intense IHMO, and you really need to have the time to devote and the energy.

Sandra - I was happy to hear someone else uses the SJP step combos as a warm-up. I often do myself.

Tonight is rest. Last week I took Thursday off as well, and it seemed to give me the energy I needed to do L&B the next day. Plus, I'm going out to a yummy dinner with my mom. Burn off those extra calories tomorrow. :)

Have wonderful days ladies!

Morning X'rs,

Classic/Ph2/Week3/Day3

Today is Back & Biceps plus ABX.

Traci, You are right on the P90X vs Cathe, I like all kinds of instructors. Variety is the spice of life, or so I've been told. :D Or maybe I just like spending my money on workout DVD's. :D I see you purchased Tosa's book. I'm going to be buying that one also, is it a good book?

My first Cathe challenge after my P90X rotation I'm planning on doing Bootcamp. I just want to see if I can handle the mountain climbers better!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning,

Classic/Phase 2/Week 3/Day 4!

I never got back on here last night to post. Got busy, Dad came over to visit, did dishes, did Cardio Coach #3 on my bike/trainer, worked out DH on triceps and shoulders and we both did AbX. Then turned on another Sherlock Holmes movie and into bed. I did get to read our thread, but no time to post personals. Everyone is doing really well!

I so appreciate the posts on feeling "puffy" after strength training. I will hold off cutting calories and wait until recovery week (next week). I'm a bit better today, but still feeling full. Energy was great for CC#3 last night, good little bit of extra cardio that will transfer over to bike strength.

Today was Eoin Finn's Power Yoga For Happiness - Magically Hips section - 53 minutes. Nice hip openers, which I absolutely need and love. He has lots of yoga pointers while doing these, it just really flows well.

Traci, your stats are great for S&A! Big improvement. I agree with DB, 15# with crouching Cohen's are tough! I'm not up to that one yet, still doing 12#-13 reps. We'll see if I can improve that. That's a tough one for me. My triceps have gained a lot of strength since doing this. They are probably my strongest body part. DH made a comment about hardly any flab back there.

DB, good for you for doing some of the Doubles! All of us women work so hard during the day, it's hard to have the energy. Earlier in the week I have the most and then it wanes a bit after that. Sounds like you are enjoying some of the benefits of yoga (less droopy butt). Mine seems to be a bit higher too, though no narrower. My measurements haven't changed a whole lot, but when I look at myself in the mirror, I like the proportions more, for example, wider shoulders offsets my wide hips. More of an "X" like figure. Maybe that's what the X in P90X means? LOL! DB definitely sounds like you could be doing 15# with the Crouching Cohens. Definitely think you are there. Just shoot for 12 reps at first. If you are doing 25 at 12, think you need to bump up the weight, being mindful of your back of course. That's what makes this one tough for me, and it comes at the end.

Laurie, enjoy B&B today! I like lots of variety too. Bootcamp is a fun one, bet you do great with it.

Will check back later.

Jeanette

Classic/Ph3/Week 3/Day 4

Yay!!! Did Yoga X this morning. Loved it, minus the mommy interuptions that I got. I feel so darn flexible now that it feels sooo good to stretch. Weather was wacky here yesterday. It snowed in places that it hasn't snowed in like decades. Too bad it didn't snow where I live, it sure was cold though.

I have to get my DS ready for school but I will bbl with personals.

Ta ta,
Lea

CL/PH2/WK3/Day5: YogaX

Good morning,

Traci - thanks for the encouragement. My PMS power mode ended yesterday and today is the Day of the Crash. I'm tired, sluggish, and craving simple carbs to help boost me back up. There's always a price to pay, isn't there? Oh well, at least I understand why I feel this way and I know I'll be feeling better in a day or two. You have seen amazing progress over the last (almost) 90 days! You should be so proud of yourself. Are you interested in knowing how many power-scissors there are in IMAX1? :)

DB - enjoy your dinner with Mom!

Laurie - I haven't done BC in ages, but I'm betting I'll be better on the core work in that one, after P90X. The core-only premix from that workout is super effective, IMO. I hope you find the terminator climbers a bit easier, too.

Jeanette - which SH movie did you watch? Sounds like you had a really nice night.

Lea - Your post is helping motivate me to get YogaX underway this morning. I will feel much better after that. And after the double-dipped chocolate Harvest Bar I'm eating right now :) The chocolate is singing its siren song today....

DD1 decided again this morning that she wanted to dance to a Cathe workout, so I put the step on the floor and put on SJP. She danced a bit, then went over and got my 1lb weighted gloves. She's got these things on and seems to like wearing them. After a good half hour of dancing, she's now collected some of her books and is sitting on the step, drinking a bottle of milk, and reading her books. And yes, she's still wearing the gloves. Crazy kid. I took a few pics and added them to my picture trail, if you're curious.

Have a great day,
Sandra

Goodness, where is everyone today?

I just finished YogaX. Ooohhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I FEEL GOOD! Like I knew that I would!

Seeing improvement in my half-moon poses and my crane. I'm excited to think of where I'll be by Week 13.

Hope all is well with everyone?
Sandra

Hi everybody. Small group today. I'm with Sandra. What is up today?

Traci - Thank goodness it is warming up for you. What is Tosca Rena Eat Clean? I hope that it works for you. But you know, if you don't follow everything P90X to a tee, you are abandoning Tony;-) .

DB - Thanks for the response. I may have to rethink doing doubles since having two young ones kind of hinders me a little. But I am so happy for you that you are getting the results that you want. I too thought that the workouts were easy the first week, until the DOMS set in}( . It is interesting how having great form really makes you work harder. Now I am looking forward to doing Cathe and concentrating on the form after the X is done. Good for you for hanging in there.

Laurie - Good luck with Back and Biceps. I love that one. I have no idea why. Probably because my biceps are so fatigued at the end.

Jeanette - I hope that you had a good day at work. I have to check out Eoin Finn. Since doing X, yoga is a fabulous thing for me, so I need more more yoga workouts. I am glad that you are incorporating different workouts into your routine. Sounds like it is really working for you.

Sandra - Now I have to go and make those muffins. Fortunately I have all of the ingredients here. I have to find something healthy that my kids will eat. BTW, cute pictures of your DD. She is an absolute doll. Get them hooked early. DS#2 loves to do the plyo workout with us, which gets kind of tricky because he cannot jump so straight and runs into us. I am so glad that you were able to get your yoga workout in today. When I first started the yoga, there was no way in he** that I could do the twisting half moon or the half moon. Now I can, but I have to look forward and not up at my hand or else I will go splat on the ground.

Hi to X, Debra (Happy Birthday!!), Monica, Tracy (where are you?), Buffy, Steph(feel better) and anyone else I missed. And if I did I am really sorry. I just hate thatx( .

Lea

Happy Afternoon to All !!!!!!

Finally got an avatar up...I'm standing on far right. Now the mystery is blown! hahaha This is my immediate in-law family that all live in/near houston.... Grows EVERY year!

LEA: lol on being unfaithful to Tony! lol I kinda feel that way... actually Eat Clean is a new book just out written by a 44 year old fitness lady that was 200 pounds 7 years ago... She is taking all mystery out of eating clean for me & making it quite simple... LOVE IT! Todays the first day I havent had blood sugar ups & downs in eons... ^^^^^5 on Yoga X.... check em off girl!

SANDRA: aka: Yoga Groupie: You love yoga more than anyone I know! I just KNOW that any week now you will be posting an avatar of you as THE CRANE! As far as pride...yep I'm proud as a peacock to have survived 90 days........I have attention span of a knat so this is MAJOR for me! May never be the same again!!! lol on power scissor count... The only thing I can think of is that it helps you get thru all that stuff to know how many are down & left.... CRAZY! {{{{{{{{hormone crash}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

JEANETTE: Glad energy is soaring! LOL on "Magically Hips"..... great name! Oh to be rid of tricep flab....ahhhhhhhh my dream!

LAURIE: I KNOW I just like spending $$$ on DVDs lolol.... I so cannot imagine Mountain Climbers ever being easier but wont it be cool to see in a few weeks! GREAT GOAL!

DB: Happy Rest night! ^^^^^^5 on another week down. I bet your booty is a LOT less droopy... Theres just something about this rotation that lifts the fanny! I do the 8-10 reps btw on all my stuff. Week 1 I did 12-15 but decided I really wanted to build some major strength and let the new muscles burn the fat for me.... Dont know if that was good logic or not but its been fun lifting "heavy" for me!

Hope all the MIAs are OK- I tend to worry in all the crazy weather & all. Great night!!!

Traci - Thanks for posting the avatar. What a huge and wonderful looking family. For some reason I kind of imagined you looking the way you do, pretty and spunky. Yup, that's Traci all right. I am really happy for you that book is helping you out. I should probably check that out. Love love love the nutritional aspect of things. All right, time to get my lil ones out and ride their bikes. It is so gorgeous today.

Lea

Hi all,

Classic / phase 3/ week 3 / day 4

I’m late checking in today. I had to work again at work! It was only in the 30s here today and very damp which makes it feel a lot colder. It’s supposed to be colder tomorrow.

Yoga X was for me today but I did Brian Kest Tone instead, and then I bought Eion Finns Yoga for Happiness. That is supposed to have a good hip sequence and I am really tight in the hips. I must have some sort of bug. I have very minor cold symptoms but no energy. Ugghhh…..

Traci – Traditional chest work never did it for me either. That’s why I bough p90x. I had been doing flys with 15 pounds for years. I’m guessing, but I think that it is so isolating whereas pushups seem to use all of the muscles. Same with pull ups; my back never looked like this and I was using fairly heavy weights for pull overs (40lbs) and rows 25 lbs. Now all of the muscles show up.

Lea – What ever happened with the iron? I remember when I was pregnant and extra iron always slowed my system way down if you know what I mean. Glad you enjoyed the yoga x. I’m going to try to continue to keep it in my rotations, it’s just so good for you.

Stephanie – I hope you are getting better. Citrus fruit always helps me, plus rest and I read drink lots of water, although sometimes the water is almost impossible to get down.

Db – I agree with you on the doubles, its very intense. I’ve tried to stick with it consistently, but it is hard, both physically and time wise.

Laurie – I usually like all different instructors. I must admit, I’ve been doing Cathe for years and I enjoy her style, and really like her weight training although I will modify from now on. I have others too, plus I list of new stuff I’d like to buy when I get some spare $$.

Jeanette – I like that p90X and the X figure. I’ve always had narrow hips and not much of a waste, so you have to look hard to find the X on me.

Sandra – Yoga seems a little low key for you, but it sounds like you are getting into it. How’s the editing going? I’m sending vibes to help you stick with it. There are times when you do feel like you could edit every sentence or add another source, but I finally said to myself that I had to stop. Someone gave me good advice about the dissertation, “keep it simple”.

Sorry if I missed anyone.

Tracy

Hey Tracy so glad it was "just" work that got in the way today! So did your Happiness yoga make ya happy???

ETA: can you tell I have NOT yet done legs & back today.....

Couple of things... First I have gone thru all of Cathes Strength via Mix n Match & created P90X Type Spreadsheets. Basiclly I alternated body parts.... Havent tried any but on paper it looks great. Its in excel format and if you guys want them let me know & I'll email.
Muscle Max
Muscle Endurance
Super Sets
Push Pull
GS Legs - I alternated Standing w/ Floor (just for Sandra!)
GS Back Shoulder Bicep
GS Chest & Tricep
PS Chest Shoulder Tricep
PS Back & Bicep
PS Legs - again alternating Standing & Floor
SH Legs & Shoulders
SH Chest Back Planks
SH Tricep & Biceps
Also...... If anyone finds this helpful I keep a running list of Cathe rotations so I can easily look them up when deciding on rotations. Just wanted to share!

Apr-03 Muscle Endurance
May-03 Variety Training
Jun-03 Muscle Strength
Jul-03 Fat Loss & Definition
Aug-03 High/Low Intensity
Sep-03 High Intensity & Muscle Endurance
Oct-03 4-day Splits
Nov-03 All Circuit
Dec-03 Body Blast Series
Jan-04 NewYear Resolution
Feb-04 Cardio & Weights
Mar-04 N/A
Apr-04 Power & Strength
May-04 Jump Pump Stretch
Jun-04 Double Header
Jul-04 High Intensity
Aug-04 Body Fat- Legs & Glutes
Sep-04 Fitness Conditioning
Oct-04 N/A
Nov-04 4-day Spit w/ Cardio
Dec-04 N/A
Jan-05 NewYear Weight Loss
Feb-05 Cardio Blast
Mar-05 Hardcore Series 3 Rotaions
Apr-05 Build Strength
May-05 1- Body Part per Day
Jun-05 Cardio, Strenghth, Endurance & Flexibility
Jul-05 Total Body Summer Express
Aug-05 Boot Camp
Sep-05 Butts & Gutts
Oct-05 Upper Body Bliss
Nov-05 Fat Burn Focus
Dec-05 Timesavers
Jan-06 Lets Work
Feb-06 Keep it Going
Mar-06 Strong Like a Bull + 3 mth Beginner Rotations
Apr-06 Lower Body Bonanza
May-06 5 day Split
Jun-06 Rock Bottoms
Jul-06 Keeping Summer Fit
Aug-06 Muscular Endurance
Sep-06 Muscle Endurance
Oct-06 Strength Gains
Nov-06 Shock Your Body w/ New Series
Dec-06 Build Strength- Burn Fat w/ GS + New Series
Jan-07 Fat Burn

Thats it for me!

Hi all,
I'm home from work now and checking in. I have a bike club meeting to go to tonite at 6:00 but hope to come home and post some personals.

Traci, you are beautiful and definitely have the outdoorsy, fit person, active lifestyle look about you. You absolutely glow!!! So good to have a face to associate with your name!! Thanks so much for putting this up. Please email me the worksheets. You've done so much work on these but I know how useful they will be. No more will I be able to just go with what the instructor is doing. I need to be accountable for my weight workouts (reps/weights) and travel to my own drum. I think my remote on the DVD player will be getting a lot more "pause" use.

Got to go, Sandra, your daughter is just tooooooo cute!!!

I'll be back later,

Jeanette

Hi all,
I'm back after our monthly bike club meeting. I do the newsletter for it so need to keep up on what's going on. Actually not much is going on as it's just so darned cold. Most of the cycling events start in the spring.

Lea, glad you enjoyed your yoga today. I did too. Started out my whole day just right. Up until now, I've just been in such a "work harder" mode with exercising and wouldn't take much time for stretching and yoga type stuff. Silly me. We got so much snow a couple of years ago that I could care less whether we get any or not for a while. I like this Eoin Finn's Power Yoga For Happiness. It has lots of premixes on it that focus on different things. Some of the premixes are long, others short. I also own and like Shiva Rhea Yoga Shakti I think it is. It has a matrix that you can program (really, really easy to do) and mix and match whatever you want. Love the music, the scenery. Once I fell asleep in shavasana, it was sooo relaxing. I recommend that one too. I have Bryan Kest's Power Yoga series. Good workout and all about 1 hour in length. Some of those make my legs quiver.

Sandra, sorry you crashed today. You have my interest picqued for Imax1 now. I've only done it once, but maybe if I think of really bringing it and how good it is for me if I concentrate on the moves, I'll like it better. I never liked power scissors that much before, but I do like Mary Catherines! Your daughter is sooooo cute! And wearing the weighted gloves too! She must really love her mommy and admire what you do. Way to start her out right! We watched Hound of The Baskervilles (part way, we will finish watching tomorrow night as I wanted to post here tonite). We watched The Sign of Four the other night. DH prefers the older ones with Basil Rathbone. These 2 that I got were made in the 80's, but I will pick the older ones on Netflix next time. Also waiting to see The Barnyard. We're on a trial of Netflix and have received 3 movies so far. Pretty cool.

Tracy, hope Bryan was good to you today. I also have Eoin Finn's Power Yoga For Happiness. Good premixes and I like the "Magically Hips" premix (which I did this morning). Gosh, sorry to hear you don't have much energy today. Hope it doesn't develop into anything that will take you out of action. I'm envious of your narrow hips. Think mine were narrow when I was 6 or 7 LOL! No one in my family has narrow hips. Sturdy stock, yes we are.

Traci, again, thank you so much for taking the time to make the spreadsheets and email them to me. I have them saved away so when I get back to Cathe, will have to adopt a different mindset and my own rhythym of lifting. I've always been right in time to her. Now I need to do my own thing to improve. Your family picture looks great and you look so vibrant, healthy and slim!

Good night all, Legs & Back and tap for tomorrow!

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.