Xers....Sunny Sunday.......

blkblt

Cathlete
Coucou, Yep I'm still alive, haven't disapear nor am I stucked mid-air between the 2 continents. Just getting us started on this sunny Sunday...hey listen girls this is Luxembourgh and it's RARE...;-)
I'll BBL for personals...really, really,really,really....:+

OK I'm back... told you...but I also told you Friday and never came back...x(
So a little update, you all know about the sub's sub so all is well. That was Thursday. Friday was stretch and did it as planned. As DH was doing his w/o Friday I started and was almost finished with personals and ...Pouf... Gone...}( }( Have no clue what key I hit.
I had to get ready to go out with DH for diner and a movie, but because he started his w/o later than expected and had a few phone calls in between we never made it to the movies... but that's OK.
Saturday was CST and all went well. Had a good burn, but I can't do the clap push-ups anymore, hurts my shoulders too much and I don't want anymore injuries if I can avoid them, so I subbed for a set of regular ones. We went out around town yesterday and I spent quality time with DH as he was leaving early this AM for USA. I woke up at 5:30am to take him to the airport and went back to sleep for a couple hours after. The airport is only 15 minutes away. Today is PlyoX but I might go for a walk/run as it is sunny which is a rarity here. I have a few things planned to fill in the day and along with a bunch of gals (all working with DH) we are suppose to go out tonight.

OK personals... (I only went back to Friday after my last post:p )

Sandra~~ I want to revise my eating plan also. When I started P90X I tried to follow the Phase 1 as close as possible and I must say it worked as I lost 2%BF. But I am finding that I easily slip into a more Carb heavy diet. It's hard for me to eat that many proteins. I would like to revisit BFFM to see what he had to say about it. I remember reading his theories a few months ago and it made sense to me. We'll see...SO funny you say that about Tony... DH was saying after the first few w/o with him that there is no way this is his "natural" face. No wrinkles around the eyes, very high cheeks... who knows, maybe he's just jalous...:p :p :p

CatheCat~~ Scrapbooking went well, but as you can see that's not all that kept me away from you dear ladies. Excuses, not reasons...;-)

Debra~~ I am glad your test went well. As for your fatigue, you should really look deeper into what is "bugging" you down. As Traci said it might be nothing of real significance but better be safe than sorry and with your very hectic schedule be careful.:* It seems you had a good w/o with circuits. It's been a while I haven't done those either, well almost 2 months ago as I am nearing the end of Phase 2. I hope you had a great lunch with DD amd mom... I miss mine. Unfortunatly she died at my age (scary...) and I never had the relashionship I would have like. That might be the reason I am so close to DD. We are best friends...:) :) :)

Traci~~ So sorry for your loss... As I said a few days ago, we lost ours also last summer and my sister just lost her's last week:(

Jeanette~~ You just blow me away... 60 miles... I can't even phantom biking for that long. And I'm sure it's not a "granny" ride!:+

TracyX~~ Have fun at the bay this weekend.

Carol~~ Sorry about the tendonitis flare-up. I hope it passes and that you found a w/o that satisfied you and soothed at the same time your painful joints.:(

Kim~~ CS is really hard. In act if I remember I think the 2nd time around was more difficult. The first time was more about leaning the moves and second time about really pushing it. The Dreya rolls are really hard. Sometimes I can do them without pushing but I remember the last time I did them, my knees were not cooperating and if there's one exercises you need them it's that one. I also have to modify the banana with the legs a little higher. As soon as my lower back leaves the mat it's my cue to raise the legs a little and as my core gets stronger then I can lower them.

Nicole~~ Hurray for DS winning yesterday. Good Lord it takes me back a few years whenn we were going to watch DS playing hockey weekends on end... (I'd say... 10 years ago...):p :p

Well to all the other girlies...cheers and <<<<<HUGS>>>>. I'll come back later to see how everyone is doing.

Hi all,

Today I have 4ds legs and cardio planned, plus core+. I'm not feeling the love for 4ds legs, but I guess I'll do it anyway and I'm not sure which cardio I'll do. I'm leaning towards Hi/Lo challenge because it has a lot of built in plyo and today is supposed to be plyox. My core is feeling nice and tight today after all of those push ups. I really concentrated on keeping it as tight as I could.

Christiane - Glad to see you are still around. I've lost posts too. This new computer has a weird keyboard and it's hard to go from this to a traditional one, but I'm learning. I ate a carb heavy diet for years. It was a hard change to move to fewer carbs and more protein, but it did really help. I'm sure I still don't get enough protein, but I try. I haven't given up all carbs, just mainly white bread, pasta, sugar, and rice. Instead of eating one of those as the main part of my evening meal, I eat protein instead. I feel more satisfied, and in the long run it's fewer calories.

Sandra - Hi/Lo Challenge isn't as complex choreography, but it is a harder workout than the other hi/lo. By the end, I really feel like I've worked out. See what I mean about the impact? It's there, but she is really good about changing up direction intensity etc, to make for a great fun cardio challenge. I think I'll do that one today. I missed the entire comment on the MMA too. It sounds interesting though. Did you see the blog update? They hired people to be in the next series.

Kim - I thought CS felt harder the second time too, and I'd done it in the first round. Oh well, it's done and I don't have to do it again for a while.

Nicole - Glad the eating has been better. I think omitting white carbs and sugar is key. Once you get into the swing of it, it isn't that bad. It just requires a little planning so that you don't reach for the junk in a pinch because then you set off the cravings again.

Jeanette - Glad the ride went well. Ahh the ttom bloat and the scale. I could never do WW because I'd become fixated on the weigh in.

Hi to anyone else who is around.

Tracy

Classic/ Week 10/ Day 7/ XStretch

Good morning,

Today will either be a complete rest, or XStretch. I may let DH decide whether we should do the stretch workout, or Eion's Pure & Simple Yoga. He likes that one. We might do the yoga just because it's shorter and we have some things to do today.

Christiane....Nice to see you! You've been doing very well with sticking to the rotation. Are you finished Week 2 of Phase 2? Phase 2 of the P90X eating plan adds in more carbs, and Phase 3 adds in lots more.

Jeanette....There's a blog update with pics. Brenda's already back and will be part of the crew. I can't believe how well she healed from her injury! I wonder what inside workout you settled on today? Amy's first Step Challenge is the only workout I bought that I haven't unwrapped yet. I hope it's as much fun as SCII. I'll maybe get around to previewing it later this week. I don't want to throw too much new stuff at my brain at once, and end up confused about what workout I'm doing.

Tracy....Have fun with hi/lo xtreme today. If you want plyo, you could always do the premix that is all the intervals, 2x. I like that there's an all-combo premix, too. I also like that her premixes appear to be some kind of random mix up of all the combos and intervals. I like that kind of variety; familiar but different. Yup, I saw that blog posting about the new cast. I'm not sure I like the idea of hiring fitness professionals. And those ladies better win the push up competition, or edit the footage to make it look like they did!

Have a nice Sunday.
Sandra

Sandra - I feel the same way about hiring the fitness professionals. I'm not sure I like that idea either. I think in some way that is the beauty of the workouts; that regular people can do them. Oh well, it is obvious that whatever changes Cathe made to her company, marketing, promotion, and making money are the goals. I can't blame her for that, but it doesn't mean that I have to like it. I do think Amy's premixes are much better thought out than Cathe's recent ones. Many of the ones she did on 4ds are for show (ie. a long list) and didn't seem to be thought out to really provide any variety. I guess that's what marketing is all about? Oopps pardon me for being negative. I just can't help it. Personally, I can overlook, lower production quality if the overall quality of the workouts is good.

Tracy

Good morning. It is still raining over here in sunny Southern Cali. But, it is beautiful looking at all of the snow on the mountains. I just wish that we had a better view. Looks like the family is going to take a road trip to the mountains in a couple of weeks. Yay.

Yesterday I did Eion's Magically Hips. I can tell after 3 days of doing the suggested yoga, pilates, my back is turning into a happy camper. Today I will take a break and tomorrow will either be walking/pilates or yoga. Whatever sounds good at 4:30 in the morning.

The blog does look interesting. I can't wait to hear the reviews from all of you wonderful Xer ladies when STS is finished and shipped. Did you see all of the Cathe products? Wow.

I hope that you all have a great day. Stay warm.

Lea

WOW how quiet it is today...:eek:
Well I decided on a jog/fast paced walk today since it was so nice outside. Took my I-Pod and let the music lead me. I jogged almost half before settling to a fast paced walk and then the music took me again into a jog, so all in all it was a good w/o. I came back soaked, so I guess it's good. Then I organized a little of my German stuff here as I have a different teacher and method than in the US. Showered and pampered myself a little and I am getting ready to go out with the girls tonight. I'll probably check-in later to see who visited and "retire" early since DH is gone.

Tracy~~ Hope your w/o went well. Sounds like a good combination there. I have given up white carbs a long time ago and now stay with whole wheat when I personally cook. Of course I can't do anything when we go out. When I say carbs, of course it includes all comlexes like veggies and fruits. But overall when you log in your food into FitDay it's still counted as carbs.

Sandra~~ I am now in Phase 2, Week 3 Day 2 (after starting Phase 2 all over following my neck injury). I was following quite strictly the diet "allocation wise" but now it's more mmaking sure I am within my calories. That's probably why I am not seeing as much results since day 30. I still log in my food but very often the carbs are too high. As I said I'll revisit BFFM.

Lea~~ Still raining ya? }( }( }( Sure you live in "sunny" California and not in Luxembourg? ;-) I am sooooo glad your back is doing better. Keep nurturing it and come back ever so sloooooowly. You don't want to aggravate it and be like me, completly out of commission for 3 months.

You ou... Where is everyone else??? I'll come back later before going dodo.:+

Good morning,
Today will be a rest day for me. We have more snow so will probably have to shovel a bit. More housework, blah, blah. Think I will get the snowshoes or skis out today and play too. I started to do my CIA 9801 with Christi Taylor and remembered I hadn't finished the vertical step workout. I struggled and struggled with it as it's much harder to mirror her. I decided to bag it. I think she has a vertical step workout on Fantastic 4 that may be easier to learn.

Christiane, sorry you didn't get the dinner and movie in with your DH before he left. I've given up on clap pushups and basically a lot of the pushups that I feel more in my shoulder joint than my chest. Just not worth it to me to get hurt. Good you got the quality time around town with your DH. What kind of stuff did you do? In the summer and nice weather, quality time with my DH means loading up our jeep with the dogs, an ice chest, chairs and finding a nice quiet place out on the desert or forest. We also have a Yamaha Rhino (think golf cart on steroids) that we love to load the dogs and ice chest in and find new spots. Think I have pictures of it on my Picture Trail. In past years, I did lots longer rides than the 60 milers, now I like spending more time with DH, getting in tough, short rides and occasionally doing the longer ones. I also started up with golf last summer so more time is taken up with that too. Just can't do it all. Or very well anyway. Good job on the jog/walk. Think I will take my mp3 player along while I snowshoe or ski today. Good idea.

Tracy, what kind of weird keyboard do you have? I'm sure loving this laptop, spend even more time on here now that I can sit with DH in the evenings. I did start a new book so hopefully I'll get more reading in and less time on the computer just looking at stuff. I think I will have to be enslaved to the scale. When I quit weighing, that's when the weight goes up. I guess I need it for motivation to keep the weight off. Have used it for the last 28 years that way. Oh well.

Sandra, enjoy the stretch or yoga today. Did you ever figure out any of Christi's vertical step workout? I have such a tough time when she goes from end to end on it. First one that I've kind of given up on (for now anyway). I need to listen to Brenda's interview. Think I have to download something to listen to it.

Lea, so happy for you that the back is feeling better. Bet that snow is pretty on the mtns. I'd rather be looking at it than driving and walking in it. Oh well, hopefully it will help with the drought.

Got to go now, DH thinks I need to go out and wipe the snow from the satellite dish. I said, sure honey, right away.

BBL,

Jeanette

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday with their families and friends! Let's see...nothing much going on here. DD and I had a good time with CBL bowling last night. He is coming over tonight for dinner. We are having burgers, pasta salad and corn...I guess I just want to pretend it is summer...LOL! I haven't worked out yet, but I think I am going to attempt one of my new step videos...so that means a VERY light cardio day for me.

personals...

Tracy...
Sounds like you ended up having a good workout yesterday even if you weren't all that pumped up for it. Yes, had to see XDH yesterday on the webcam...and I had to actually talk to him a couple of times today....let me just say the conversations were not any fun. UGH. I keep thinking I am going to get to cleaning X but it hasn't really happened yet. I am sure you got into legs once you started them today. Good you are feeling so strong in your core from the push ups yesterday.

Kim...
Sounds like you have had a busy and fun weekend. Yes, lots of leg presses the other day. I will ask about the thyroid test when I get to the doctor next month..thanks for the info.

Nicole....
Congrats to DS on his strong showing at the tournament! Glad your eating has been better which I know makes you feel better. Thanks for the thyroid info...I will get it checked out when I get to the doc next month.

Sandra...
Thanks for the Kenpo+ reviews. I will probably like it if I ever receive it! So, my dear Cathe Cat, did you guys end up doing Stretch X today?? Or did you spend some quality time with Eoin. I like that particular video of his because it is short and to the point.

Lea...
I am so happy that your back is feeling better with the adjusted workout schedule. I could just kiss Eoin after every time I do MH! What kind of road trip are going to be taking?? To the mountains??

Jeanette....
You seemed to have a great day yesterday! All kinds of fun stuff. I LOVE Australian shepherds! I would have gotten one instead of my sweet doodle, but they shed more than I was willing to put up with. They are supposed to be really smart dogs and easy to train. I bet she is a sweetie. LOL about the sweating...I am a big sweater myself so I know how you feel! Hope you got out today and enjoyed the snow. Forget about the housework...I bet it will still be there when you get back.

Christiane....
Congrats on the sunny day! I know it must such a nice change! Hope you got a chance to get out in the great weather. Good for you and DH for getting all of your workouts in as planned (for the most part...lol). How long is DH in the States for? Sorry to hear about your mom...I am lucky that my mom and I have a wonderful relationship...I hope to have the same one with DD when she is older. My mom is one of the big reasons that I moved back to NC (after being gone for about 10 years). I wanted to make sure that DD got to know her. It is great that you and your DD are so close. Oh, I see now that you did get a good dose of sunshine today! Have fun out with the girls tonight.

Okay...I think that is about it for me now. Hope everyone has a great night!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

My it's quiet around here today! Well I'm back from dinner with the girls and we had a great time. All our husbands left today for the US, so we just got together and had fun. 2 of them have children so we had to leave a little earlier and also have dinner earlier than I would normally do.

Jeanette~~ Actually I did get the dinner part with DH before he left, not the movie one. Having dinner in Europe is a whole different experience than in the US. If you're in a hurry, forget it, better it McD, otherwise you need at least 1-1/2 hour... So we took our time instead and enjoyed eachother's company. As for our time together,we just went around town and did some errands, came back and each did our w/o (he's 1 day ahead of me) and then I cooked a nice dinner and we had a great time in our favorite corner of the appartment. It's a little niche by the windows (actually the whole appartment has windows from floor to ceiling) with the city lights and candles....;-) ;-) ;-)

Debra~~ Burger, pasta...HUM!!!:p DH will be in the US for only 4 days so that's why I didn't want to go again this time. We spend more time in planes than at home...x(

So that's all for me today. Big hugs to all the Xers that are out there doing their thing... Night night...;)

Just a quick post from me. I did do YogaX this morning, DH did about half of it with me. I'm definitely ready for my rest day tomorrow. Went to ds's hockey game this afternoon, now he's not feeling well. I think he might be getting the flu, if he does I guess I'm going to be home from work tomorrow. Kim

Hi everyone,
Didn't get a whole lot done today, just some vacuuming, dusting, dishes, odds and ends, bill paying. Visited my folks and Grandma. Grandma has a cold and so does my Dad. Never got outside to play in the snow, just didn't feel the need or desire. I'm giving my old computer (has Windows ME on it) to my brother and nephew. They will be coming by tonite to pick it up. Watched a local golfing show on TV this afternoon. It highlighted a beautiful golf course that is about 1 1/2 hours from here. Very beautiful and pretty reasonably priced. I want to hit that one this spring/summer. Right now, I'm sure it's covered in snow.

Debra, bet the picnic this afternoon was good. You are making me miss those good days of summer. Love BBQ's. I think that's so awesome that moving back closer to your Mom's was a high priority, in that your DD could grow up knowing her Grandma. I miss both of mine (still have one left) and wish I would have spent more time with them now. Hope you have all your strength back for CBL tonite.

Christiane, glad you got the quality time in with your DH before he left. Sounds wonderful! Bet the time was nice with the other ladies. Did you have special European type food? Love my DH to pieces, but I'd sure welcome him leaving for about 4 days LOL. Must be getting cabin fever here. Actually, I just put an application online in for an elk hunt in Wyoming for October. Hope he gets picked. DS would be going with him.

Kim, hope you enjoy that rest day tomorrow. Sorry your DS isn't feeling well. So many are sick right now. I keep thinking it will be my turn soon, but so far...no.

Quiet day here on the thread. Maybe Traci will pop on?

Jeanette

Ds's team took 2nd at the tournament today! They played really well considering their two strongest players fouled out in the last period. It went into overtime which was only a 3 minute period and they ended up losing 25-20. Great fun to watch!:D

Yesterday was Xstretch and today was a rest day. I am so tired from all of the driving and am going to turn in early. I was determined to stay on track with my eating today and I did!:D Weight was 155 this morning so I'm glad the water weight and bloat has gone down a bit. At least I stayed clear of the 160's because I was not ready to go there:p Onward and upward, right?

See you all tomorrow! Nighty night:*

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.