Xers......Sunday.......Xers

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

It's a quite group this weekend. I'm glad everyone is busy with family and errands and all sorts of fun activities.

I'll BBL,

Tracy

Good Morning Xers!!

Sorry to be MIA yesterday, but not only was it an unscheduled rest day, it turned quite stressful. It was my DS' bday (he turned 9) and it should've been a quiet family party... but, I discovered his favorite bunny (he breeds them and this is the Daddy) VERY sick with heat stroke in the late afternoon (he was NOT in the part of the cage he was supposed to have been and we don't know how he ended up where he was...) and only by the grace of God was my vet tech sister there and she, of course, administered excellent first aid (an ice water bath and lots of frozen veggies). He was not responsive at all and his temp was higher than my thermometer would read :( so we RUSHED off to the vet (where she used to work when she lived here, they're the best in the area) and she told me (out of earshot of the kiddos) that she didn't think he'd make it. Well, lo and behold, and again by the grace of God, he started coming around in the car. His reflexes came back and he was more responsive to the car ride AND to being held (he hates it, lol) and started trying to sit up and move around. By the time we got him into the vet his temp was down to 104 (which is on the high range of normal for a bunny) so they only gave him some subcutaneous fluids and monitored for awhile and sent him home!!! He's now living in Nathan's room (who is thrilled, of course) for quite awhile until Mike can build new hutches and the outside temp is consistently lower than 85.

So anyway, lol, I will probably pick back up in my rotation with S&H Chest & Back, and if I'm brave, I'll throw in some KP&C, too (which was supposed to have been yesterday's workout). We also have plans to go to the state fair, so it'll be a time issue as well, but I'll be doing something! Anyway, just wanted to update, and I'll BBL for personals. I hope you're all having a relaxing weekend (more than mine, anyway!)

Carol

Wow! If I'd have been up just a little earlier, I might have started the thread. Scary:D

Today is my weekly rest day and I'm glad. Days start to run into each other after a while.

Carol, Glad the little bunny is ok:) What a way for your son to spend his birthday, huh? At least he'll have the fair to make up for it:)

TracyX, Good Morning!

WendyX, Did you get to the bike shop? Any neat finds?

BBL to see if anyone else is up,

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Goooooooooood morning! How are you doing?

Today's my rest day, so I plan to do Yoga Shatki Solar Flow II.

Yesterday I blew off Drill Max and decided to finally attempt Cardio Coach #5. Besides the first CC, #5 is the only one I haven't done, because it looks so dreadful. Whenever people list their favourite CCs, #5 is never mentioned. Well, what can I say? I LOVED this workout. I think I'm still pumped from it. I had a blast doing this workout. I didn't realize this from reading the description, but when I did the run I figured out that this workout is a downward pyramid. The S.H.I.T. workout that Cheryl posted is a full pyramid. I used to do pyramid workouts when I did swim training, and loved them. They're a blast, because by the last sprint of the workout, you have wings, and you're flying I swear. I was so jazzed at the end I felt invincible. He had me when he told the story about the gazelle and the lion. His coaching in this one is so motivational. I pushed myself harder than thought I had the energy for. Oh yes, this one will be used again!!! DH is going cycling in a bit, and I'm going to suggest he try that one.

TracyX - How was PUB and yoga yesterday? That is so funny about your sons calling you Doodle. I take naps a few times a week, and my kids still don't quite understand how it's supposed to work: mommy lays on the couch and you play quietly around her, not bothering her in any way. In my dreams (sigh). That's okay; lately I've been finding that if I nap, I have trouble falling asleep at night. Then I need another nap the next day....it's a frustrating cycle. I've never heard of the Modern Skirts. The Schuler book looks interesting. I might invest in that. I wish my DH would say things like "Are you going to eat that after you just worked out" to me! I'd probably put a lot fewer "tastes" into my mouth if I was given a reality check before doing so!

Carol - OMGoodness, what a rescue story! I'm glad the bunny made it, and your son didn't lose his favourite pet. We've been babysitting a 3-year old goldfish for the past 9 days. I'm so anxious that this fish will give up the ghost when he's in our possession. He will be returned home tomorrow, thank heavens. Oh, the responsibility :)

Amy - Have you used your new platemates yet? The cereal bars sound like a super fun treat. What's the occaision? Have a great day!

WendyX - Platemates are small magnets that attach to your dumb bells or barbell plates to help you increase your weightload in smaller increments. They help bridge the gaps between 15 & 20 lbs, for example. I have 4x1.25lb platemates, so when I attach 2 to my 15lb dumbells I have 17.5lbs. I used mine very frequently during P90X. Regarding your workouts: why not just pick a week from a Cathe rotation? Let her do the thinking for you. She's very good. Just go week to week, either continuing with the rotation, or branching off to do what you want. If you need substitution advice, we can give it.

Anointed - I haven't done MIS in ages. It's the one I like the least, and if I had to give one away, that would be it. Having said all that, now that I've improved my strength and technique, I might enjoy it more.

NicoleX - Really? You chose PCircuit over 10-10-10 because you thought it had more cardio? I find just the opposite. I consider 10-10-10 to be the most cardio advanced/intense/long of the entire series. I actually don't like 10-10-10 very much, but REALLY enjoy PCircuit. I don't like how soon she goes into the power hops at the start of 10-10-10, and I really don't like the double-ricochets. Having said that, doing 10-10-10 followed by either All-Step or Step & Intervals is a terrific one hour cardio. And I second TracyX's combo of PCircuit and BM Cardio/Leg Circuit. In fact, that might end up on my calendar this week........You asked about my yoga the other day. I've been doing yoga for a very long time, at different levels. 2 years after my 1st dd was born I was 65lbs heavier than I am now. I decided to go to Weight Watchers and start exercising again. For the exercise I dusted off some YogaZone videos I owned and did them for 2 weeks. My plan was simply to get the muscles and joints used to moving and working, and hauling my weight around. Then I dusted off my 3 Cathe vhs tapes: Power Max, Step Works, and Step Jam. For a while my weeks went: Mon: PowerMax, Tues: Yoga, Wed: Step Jamp, Thurs: Yoga, Fri: Step Works, Sat & Sun: off. I kept my step at 6 inches and no-impact. When Cathe & the gang started jumping, I told them to have a nice time, I was fine right where I was. When the first 20 lbs came off, I found I wanted to start jumping, too. After adding a bit more intensity and getting used to that, I raised the step to 8" and ordered CTX. Then the Rhythmic Step+ DVD, then the Intensity Series, then......Okay, so now I have them all :) While the pure yoga days quickly got pushed aside for more cardio and weights, I always kept something in. There was a show on the public television station called "BreathingSpaceYoga" (ironically, no spaces between the words LOL!) that was just amazing. She took us from the basics of downdog to doing headstands away from the wall in only a few weeks. She was the best; it's too bad her series was made before the era of dvds. I taped a few weeks worth, and occaisionally go back and do them. I also bought a book called "Yoga Flows" and memorized a few flows that I would do every morning before my workouts. During my second pregnancy I stopped doing those, and now can't find the book to remind myself what to do. It's packed from our move, still, and is somewhere in the basement. Just before doing the X I was doing the Namaste series that's on tv. Then I started the X, and is one of the few who actually did YogaX every time it came up in the rotation. LOVED what that workout did for me. And now, thanks to this gang, I've discovered Shiva and Eion. I can't imagine a time when I won't be doing some sort of yoga. I know you also enjoy yoga. Where do you see yourself going with it?

Cheryl - Have fun with GS Legs today! Step Works is such a great classic. I still think it was mean of Cathe to throw in that "surprise" at the end of the second combo, though, after she says "That's all there is." Didn't she think we'd ever do the workout more than once, and know that she's lying?

About the Tony blog that Nicole posted yesterday - that's the one TraciX posted ages ago, right? I love that one. I've often wondered whether it's better some day so have just sat out the workout rather than to suffer through a sub-par session, but have always chosen to give it a go. I find, like TracyX has also said frequently, that some of the best workouts are born on days when I just don't feel like it. How I feel before a workout does not seem to predict how I will feel during a workout. If the problem is simply that I'm dreading that particular workout, then I much prefer to switch the workout to one I do want to do, and get something in, than to do nothing at all.

Well, I'd best go start decorating my duck cake. I also need to start the laundry, which is usually almost done by now. And do that yoga.

Have a great day,
SandraX

Morning

I'm rushing once again on my way to church LATE! But, I'm going;) This morning, Imax 2 I had tons of energy,Jump Higher!!:p :p almost touched my ceiling. Abs this evening:)

Hi all,

Yesterday I felt that I did really well with PUB. I used 18, 25, 30dbs for the chest, and rows, and 32, 35, 45 for the pull overs. The rest went equally as well and I was pumped at the end. Then I did Fluid Power creative flow and that was just what I needed.

Today the rotation calls for IMAX2 and 300 walking lunges. I'd like to go ride my bike, so I'm not sure what I'll do. It's cloudy, muggy, and looks like showers. I'm a fair weather rider:) I think that I'm going to have to put 2 days between the upper, even though the rotation only calls for one.

Carol - Sorry about the bunny 911, and glad you had a happy ending. We have had 3 bunnies over the years and all luckily dropped dead when we weren't around. DH mourned each one because he ended up being the bunny caretaker. I drew the line at caring for the dogs.

Annointed - Maybe IMAX2 for me too. Time will tell.

Nicole - A well deserved rest day? I'm still cleaning and I'm just about ready to quit. It is a never ending battle and I think I just want to go back to work and look past it.

Sandra - I hadn't done the creative flow before. It was very nice. I'd love to make a cake, but no one wants one around. There is something soothing about cooking something sweet.

Cheryl - How is the food intake?

Amy - Where did you buy the weight lifting straps?

Back to what little more cleaning I'm doing and then off to do something fun.

Tracy

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I'm taking a break from cleaning and organizing while Phil's at Home Depot buying shelves for the pantry.

Workout and shopping didn't happen yesterday. I started getting those dizzy, light headed spells again. I tried organizing the school room but wasn't able to concentrate. I ended up taking an all day nap! Haven't had one of those in awhile. Dh wants me to make a doctor's appointment this week. I've been tracking these spells since it's been happening with more frequency than usual. They seem to be related with other sinus symptoms (ear aches, throbbing/crippling headaches, stuffy nose, sneezing, itchy/watery eyes... However, if I take Sudafed (the only over the counter one that works for the headaches), the Sudafed makes me even more light headed and unable to focus.

I know that Tony says to push play when you don't feel like it. All I got to say to that right now is :p }( :7! Getting the kitchen stuff out of the school room and put back into the kitchen should count as functional fitness.:7 :+

Carol: First: Happy Belated Birthday to Nathan!!!:) :) He had a birthday to remember! Glad the drama ended on a good note! Birthday wishes do come true.:) Oh! I got Themes to Remember from Amazon. Love it! You've gotta consider it to go along with Maggie's composer study. I can type up a short review in an email if you're interested. I hope you're able to squeeze KPC into your day. It's one of my favorite Cathe w/os.

Nicole-X: Hey Early Bird! ;-) Isn't school just around the corner or has it already started? Our school district starts this Monday. I'm going to try to keep the same schedule as theirs so dds can play with the neighborhood kids instead of being stuck inside doing math. Are you saying that dh can get biking clothes cheaper or I can?

Cheryl: Oh! Please don't think that I believe everyone should live or eat like me! What a scary thought!!!:7 :7 :7 You've gotta do what works for you. It sounds like you are doing that with awesome results!

Sandra-X: You've peaked my interest in finally learning how to use ds's mp3 player to download CC!! Thanks for explaining Playmates. Jen forwarded Carol's faux X rotation. I might try that one this week. It's generic enough for me to follow. I can't wait for the new series though. Hopefully, the accompanying rotation will include w/os I already own or can easily substitute.

Annoited TG: Can you imagine if you had aerobics flooring in your house? You'd be threw the roof today!:7

Tracy-X: You know your body better than Cathe. If you feel like you should modify the rotation to work for you, go for it. Keep yourself off that darn IL!:*

Jeanette-X: Hope you're having a fun time with your sister and studying hard!

Traci-X: Sending you safe travels back home from the bay!

Amy-X: You're probably cleaning up from the party. Hope everyone had a good time!

Amy: Hope you got some sleep!

Debra: Hope you had a drink on the beach for me! Cheers!!

Well, the shelves are here. I've gotta replace a broken harp string. Darn humidity!!! Hi to all who follow. Have a great day!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi, everyone! What a beautiful day!

I did GS Legs today, as planned (Ouch! Glad to have it finished!) and finished up with 45 min. on the TM, weightloss program level 8. Feels good.

Tracy, the intake's going pretty well, although I did have a second cheat meal this week - last night tried Traci's suggested cheat meal of the bruschetta burger at Applebee's. Yum. But I worked it into the calorie intake and did follow it up with an extra good workout today.

Wendy, wow, bummer about the lightheaded issues. It does sound like an inner ear issue. I hope it lets up soon, or that you get to the doctor. Not good.

Well, off to get ready for Church.

Have a great afternoon, everyone!

Cheryl

SandraX, Sounds like CC was an awesome workout yesterday! Isn't it nice to have great motivation for a workout? I would venture to guess DM wouldn't have been quite there with the motivation:p I felt so privileged witht the extra long post this morning:) I guess all of the CTX series have close to the same amount of cardio but I guess I was trying to say that the intervals of cardio with leg work was what I needed yesterday. I fit a lot more yoga in this rotation because I know I need to do it a lot more than I have been. I used to do it twice a week before I became addicted to cardio and weights. I hope to fit it in more when the boys are back to school and the 2 year old is napping. I cannot get the full benefit out of it if the kids are running around in the background. I am really looking forward to school starting and practicing yoga at least 4 times a week on top of my current rotation. Right now I spend a few afternoons a week catching some rays. I know it's bad for me but my tan fat looks better than my white fat:p Glad you liked the blog from Tony:) Have fun decorating the duck cake!

TracyX, Sounds like my weather and your's is the same! MUGGY! I am glad I don't have a workout planned for today:) 300 walking lunges? Yikes! Do you do them holding weights or without? I hope the latter:) I finished cleaning yesterday only to see it destroyed today by three hurricanes in the form of my DS's:D

WendyX, You can get clothes cheaper but just make sure they're comfortable and if they're not that you can return them:) The boys don't start school until Sept. 4th which is nice, but I'm getting anxious:p Enjoy cleaning the school room and organizing the kitchen! You need to get a Neti Pot!!! Look it up on the internet. Dr Oz swears by them. Oprah had a producer of her show even say it literally changed her life. She had horriblw headaches and sinus infections and it fixed them all. Just use warm distilled water mixed with salt in it instead of buying the bottled stuff. They only cost a few dollars and you can find them at CVS or Walgreens'. Look online and it will have more info on where to get one.

Cheryl, Looks like your on a roll!! You'll need to post some updated pics pretty soon so we can see all of the hard work paying off:D

Off to dinner with our pastor and their kids. Talk to you all later,

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Hey, gang! No work for me tonight! I was on the top of the "call off" list so I don't have to go in. Not that I mind working, but my little patient has been driving me up the wall all weekend! She's the type that manipulates EVERYTHING you say to what she wants to hear!

Anyway....

Wendy- platemates are magnetic weights in very small increments, #5/8 or #1.25 that stick to the end of DB to add small increases....so you can go from #15 to #17.5 without purchasing new DB.

They work great!!!

Tracy- I ordered my lifting straps from Amazon.com. I haven't gotten them yet, but am looking forward to playing with them!

I have a Neti pot, but I only use it when I have a cold. I probably wouldn't get colds if I used it more often, though;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.