Xers ..............Sunday ..........Xers

taprice

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

This is unusual that someone has not started us off by this time. I wonder where Traci is?

Today I will hopefully finish the painting and I'm going to brunch with my parents. I was going to ride my bike, but I realized that I left my helmet and shoes in the car my son took camping. I guess I'll have to figure out plan B.

Everyone have a great day.

Tracy

Happy Sunday All!
Never got a workout in yesterday as DH was home all day.... Today is BEAUTIFUL so he's out the door already and I am planning on Yoga and MM Upper + Kickmax for about 30 minutes.

Back in a few with yesterdays personals...

Have a great day today Tracy!Brunch sounds like fun & painting sounds like..... something that will be great once its finished!:D

Saturday catchup.....

Sandra X: You poor thing with being sick... personally I dont find Angelina all that great... who wants plump luscious lips, high cheekbones and pefect eyes? Good heavens I dont see what all the fuss is about! Ejoy your rest day- Dont push on the yoga if you dont feel up to it!

Debra X
Thanks for the details on that workout! WOW it sounds unique enough to be fun without being too terrilbly "out there"! What a workout for yesterday! Hope you arent over doing it all! Hope DD's ankle heals quickly! LOL- you moms are so funny!

Amy:
WooHoo on PLB!!!! I've had that DVD for 2 years and have only done PLB ONCE as produded! I use to use the floor segment all the time... I wonder why- I need to just do it! Are there layoffs going on at hospital or did I misread something?

Tracy X
I'm with Sandra- your rendition of BM2 yesterday is a real keeper! More the type of step/blasts that I like... Great thinking. I am going to do upper & lower days with yoga on the upper days (not as long as you do it for tho!) Lower I am alternating between strength and "drills/toning"... On my cycle recovery days I am doing Slim Series Express (30 minutes each) workouts that are Cardio Sculpt, Cardio Core, Abs & I'll add in Yoga. After about 6 weeks of that I start haeding into some vacation times so I'll go to one part per day & Cathe splits to lift heavy as I dont work out on vacations. We'll see how it all goes. I'm most excited about adding in 20-30 minute yoga sessions every couple of days...

Time to workout! Hopefully nice weather will hold out so I can fish this evening .... Have a great day all!

Good Morning!!!

Traci- Sorry, I was misleading. No, I meant that they were going to "graduate" quite a few patients out of the ICU yesterday (that's what I meant by "cleaning house"). I am sorry that you had DH underfoot all day yesterday. I like both PUB/PLB, I always feel the "pump" when I do. I was talking to a co-worker and I may workout with her at her gym sometime soon. She said that they have a killer kickboxing workout on Wednesdays that sounds like fun!

Sandra- I am sorry that you are feeling run down and not well! I am not going to validate the "sick" (;-) ) so you are officially "run down" and your body is "revolting" right now.LOL!!! That's what I say when I don't want to be sick, but still am! I hope that you feel better and back to yourself soon!!

Debra- the house looks great! I love the open spaces! I can just see my kitties tear-@ssing around up and down the stairs!

I haven't decided what I'm going to do for a workout tonight, but great news- I have lost 1.6 lbs of bloat in 2 days on the new eating plan! It's gotten a bit easier and I have lots more freedom because of actually allowing myself to have more fat in my diet! We'll see! The person who's helping me said that I would start seeing changes within 2 weeks, I just didn't expect within 2 days!!!

Hi there ladies! Hope everyone is well this morning. I am thinking we will actually get to the pool this afternoon since it is supposed to clear up and get warm...WooHoo!!! I am planning on getting a workout in this morning as well as some other odds and ends so that I can relax this afternoon. I am thinking "more than mat pilates" plus either SH chest and tris.

Tracy...Sorry about your bike ride...Hope you get the rest of that bathroom done today. What about your AC...I know it's supposed to be hot over there today...Your pups are going to be panting, poor babies! Thanks for the compliments on DD...she is a keeper...It's funny you say that about having girls...I think boys are much more of a pain, but I guess it's just what you are used to!

Amy....Thanks for the compliments on the house...yes, my dog and cat will be running like the crazy critters they are! We will probably put in an invisible fence in the backyard for the dog, so she will really enjoy that too, since the house sits on about an acre. Congrats on your bloat loss!!!Sounds like you have found an eating plan that will work for you.

Traci...Glad your weather is improved today, so you can get that man out from under your feet! DD is feeling better today, and the swelling has gone down, too. Have fun catching lots of fishies!

Okay...gotta get busy so that I lay around later...

ta-ta for now!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Good morning,

Yoga Shakti, Solar Flow 2, is done....to the best of my abilities. The only way I'll ever get to the point of doing her stuff unmodified is by doing it daily, and making it the core of my fitness program. Since that's not going to happen, I'll just accept where I am.

TraciX - how do you intend to do just 20-30 mins of yoga a day? What I mean is, most yoga dvds are at least 60 mins long. Are you going to just pick short segments from the longer workouts? I'm thinking that to get better at Shiva's yoga, I should pick one of the more complicated segments each day and practice it alone at the end of my workouts. That way I'll get a bit of extra stretching, and maybe even see some improvement with her flows. We have another cd full of pictures that I haven't even looked at yet. If a nice picture of me is on there, I'll upload it. Your workout today looks like a good one! Enjoy!!

Amy - Thanks for clarifying the "cleaning house" bit! I thought the same thing as TraciX at first, but then you sounded so unconcerned in the rest of your post that I figured your job wasn't on the line. Wow, that was quick loss! That should help to motivate you along. Less than 30 pounds to go now! If you get a chance, I'd love to read a typical day's menu.

TracyX - I hope Plan B is enjoyable. Brunch is always scrumptious :9 The Paint Fairy did indeed arrive last night. When I went down to the basement to do my yoga this morning at 6am, I was greeted by an almost fully-painted 3-tone room. It looks really, really nice. DH is going to give it all another coat this afternoon. I don't spend very much time fancy-ing up my girls' hair. It takes only a couple seconds to put in ponytails. For special occasions I'll do french braids in Paris's hair, but that's not very often.

DebraX - The willPower and Grace workout description is very intriguing. How are you feeling today? Always pictured me looking like Angelina? Bless you, dear heart. I always picture you looking like Eva Longoria.

My bug is on its way out. I got to bed by 9pm, with a headache well under way, and was up at 5:30am with a refreshed brain and renewed enthusiasm. Given how horrendously sick my friend got from this bug, I think I'll let myself believe that all my clean eating is indeed keeping my immune system working well.

Now that my yoga is done, I'm going to have a lovely bath, then DD#1 and I are going on a picnic with DD's friend and the friend's mother, who live down the street. We're going to pack a basket and wander around the neighbourhood walking paths and through the parks until we find a nice spot to eat.

Have a good day,
SandraX

MMax Upper is completed as is about 20 min of Sun Salutations Shiva Yoga... I love her "on the beach" scenery and sounds... It actually made me enjoy all the vinyasa's! My arms are fried - happy I brought my band to be able to do those bonus burns!

AMY:
LOL on the "cleaning house"... can you tell I'm from corporate america? GLAD its nothing like what I thiught it meant. A KB Class sounds like a blast! I sure wish I wernt so gym-phobic as there are 3 new ones within a 2 mile radius from me. I dont want to pay tho! am sooooo x-cited for your body's response to the new plan! Bloat going away is not always easy to accomplish and the fact that it happened so quickly is a good sign that this plan is good for your body! HOORAY!!!!

DEBRA X
A pool day sounds wonderful! DD doesnt need to put pressure on that foot so swimming is great! Your workout sounds good too! I really like Pilates that isnt just cookie cutter stuff. Can you tell we all like your house so much that we want to come visit!

Happy day to all the sleeper-in-ers!

Look who snuck in on me!
What a life sandrolina! DH stays home to paint you a wonderful workout room and you run off for a picnic! I want your DH!!! I am almost ready to chat with mine about turning my office into a workout room... That means that the dogs loveseat has to go and he has to give up his junk closet filled with boxes of lifetime memories - oh yes- the gun cases- they gotta go too! How do you think this will go over??? Of course I'll have to buy a TV with a DVD & VCR player and hang that on the wall ..... the list goes on!
I am so glad you are healing quickly! I'll go with Amy on this one... You are simply run down and OF COURSE all your healthy eating/exercising is assisting in the recovery.
On the Yoga- YEP- I just plan to do design it yourself stuff - its a time factor for me in the summer.... Cold days I dont mind working out all darn day but summer- gotta be outside! Its in my blood ya know.
Have a glorious day!

Rest Day

Hi group,

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! I'm in a pretty good mood today because I sold two phones on ebay for a total of $180. I got them for free when I purchased my new phone so I made $180 off of them. So exciting!

Sandra, Glad you're feeling better:) Good eating does make a huge difference on recovery from illness. Have fun at the picnic. It sounds so great!

Amy, Way to go on the weight loss, I wish I could do the same:)

Debra, Have fun at the pool!

Traci-X, Glad you were able to get a workout in today.

Hope you all have a great rest of the weekend!

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Hi, everyone -

Wow, Nicole, think of all the workout goodies and clothes you could buy with that wonderful $180? What a great win. Good for you!

Sandra, sorry you're not feeling well. Especially on a holiday weekend. No fair!

Traci, great workout, as usual -

I did PUB this morning. Loved it! Yesterday didn't manage to check in but had a great long run of 10.5 miles which I am feeling today. My legs were sore! That's why I had to opt for an upper body workout.

Spent all afternoon with my lovely daughter Nadia (age 15) and then several hours of the evening on an emergency writing project for a client about to make a major bid in the country of Australia... can't complain though that business is good.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!

Cheryl

Hi all,

I'm finished painting and it looks ok. Once I get all the stuff back in there it will look great because it should hide all of the little imperfections! I'm sure DH will have a comment or two about the color, medium rose, but too bad.

I got Eggs Cheasapeake for brunch. It was Eggs Benedict, but with crab cakes instead of ham. It was yummy although it does sound a little wierd. I ate it all. I rarely eat out or go off of my clean eating plan so I figured it was Ok.

Traci - The yoga after the weight work is a nice way to layer on fatigue. Shiva's sun saluatations are very deceptive. They really work the upper body and if you choose, the core. She has some really unique ones in the Fluid dvd.

Amy - The weight loss is a nice way to start the eating plan. I was with Traci, I thought maybe people were getting laid off too. Common sense should have told me that nurses are in high demand.

Debra - I hope that you are feeling better. I forgot to comment on the labradoodle, he is so cute.

Nicole - What are you going to do with the money? That's like 180 free!

Sandra - Lucky you, a painted room and a picnic. I'm jealous. I think that you hit on something with the core strength and flexibilty. My core flexibility has improved a lot with the yoga along with the strength. After you do a routine numerous times, then you can start to focus on the finer points of the form and make it all the more effective. I've done magically hips lots and last night I just tried to focus on keeping the core zipped and using it to move me as much as possible. A couple of the initial flows in fluidity indirectly target the core.

Back to clean and then out to run/walk. It's hot here, almost 90, But luckily it's not sunny. I'm waiting until it cools down just a little.

Tracy

I'm here! I'm here!

I have a few more hours of sunlight. Have to finish painting the baseboard trim and I'll be back online for personals. Gosh, I HATE painting!!!

Hope all is well with everyone! I miss you ladies!

Wendy

hey all!!! Tonight ended up being Step Blast (without the blasts). I am trying to be easy on the knees until the MRI, so no air jacks (aw shucky darn!}( ).

Sandra- Here's what my first day was like on the new eating plan-

M1- Protein shake (30-40 gm) (1545)
M2- FF cottage cheese (40 gm protein), pear, green tea (1730)- P+C
M3- Chicken breast 4.5 oz(30g p), 1.5 c mixed veggies, 2c papaya (100cal) (2300)- P+C
M4- Turkey breast (30g p), 1.5 c green beans, 2c strawberries (0230)- P+C
M5- Beef jerkey (33g P), 1/2c green beans, 4c salad greens, 2 TBl olive oil vinagrette (0530)- P+F
M6- Labrada protein bar (30g p + 13g fat) (0800)- P+F

I'm still working out the details of when I'm going to eat when I'm off on Mondays when I'm off work and only up and about 7-8 hrs as well as Thursdays when I'm up and about until 0300 Friday morning!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.