Xers & Sunday Siesta's

teddy16410

Cathlete
Who's ready for a collective Siesta? Synchronize the clocks...Wanna say 2PM CST we all Siesta Together across the country!!!:D

OK- I have a very good reason for getting up at 245 today... I simply cannot figure out how to turn off the alarm clock! :eek: :eek: Serious as a heart attack.... We have never used one before as DH &/or I always arise naturally between 3 & 345am.... When I had my early bird client the other day I set it just "in case".... Well apparently when it went off yesterday morning I was so deep in sleep that I didnt hear it- well now that I'm caught up, I not only heard it- I stayed in bed & listened & sang out loud "The Piano Man"- by the time "we" (me & the guys at the piano bar) got to the last verse I was WIDE AWAKE:7 :7

I feel like my old self actually!!!!:7

Now that you've all smacked your heads & declared you shall not be Traci's roomie @ the retreat- lets move on! :*

Kenpo+ never got touched.... My CA (california NOT crazy asian) sis called & we talked for nearly 2 hours! I truly dont know how you PM exercisers dont get sidetracked every day...its like radar in my life- plan something & boom- theres sure to be something that just cant be poo-poo'd away come up. ANYWAY: Kenpo+ shall be done just as soon as the java takes effect:7 I REALLY wanted to do my new Classical Athletic Stretch today too but not sure if I have 2 hours to devote to workout time....Maybe- but I REALLY gotta get the master bath/bedroom clean- its a toilet/shower day UGH!!!!!

Need more coffee (well NEED may be pushing it a bit) but really do WANT another cup before I tackle personals..... I see Sandra chose to bring us into her boudoir!:eek: :eek:

~~~~````~~~~````Waving~~~~````~~~~```` to Christiane as she boards her plane this morning!!

TRACY-X
Hats off for completing the chores so you can have a free day today! I love it when I can organize myself that way. If I win lottery I shall hire a weekly housekeeper & throw away all my cleaning supplies- she/he will have to do laundry, windows, baseboards as well but I'd pay them REALLY well! This way I have time/$ to get my face injected and hide away if I have any adverse side effects from injecting poisom into my system}( Thats my plan! ~~~~~ On 1-part per day- I used to love doing that... It wasnt until my shoulder injury that I had to stop. Its a good system for people like me- high boredom factor! :+ I found my most consistent & thus effective "on my own" rotations were always 1-ppd maybe throwing in a 2-ppd here & there depending on my schedule. I do want to do an advanced pyramid system tho to get my muscles back in peak form... I think 6 weeks of it might just do the trick to lower my BF% again... It skyrocketed over holidays and I've lost too much muscle all at the same time. I'm still thinkin' on it. ~~~~ HOW KIND of you to offer to copy & mail the rotations!!! That would be awesome! I'll pay you for postage. If you want to wait til Monday when Laurie sees my message about checking out BB thats cool too. I dont see me actually using them as part of a rotation now but I like to see how the "experts" put these things together. Thank you again! I really appreciate the offer! :*

NICOLE X
HOORAY:7 on feeling so much better- very strange isnt it??? I'm not sure if being younger helped me figure out what my body was doing - it sure helped me be so busy socially & working that I could ignore it tho!:p I do think you are so right about the form & STS... I see it as a kick-booty program like X minus the IL factor that almost ALL of us experienced in the last year at some point.

JEANETTE X
So sorry about the ride getting cancelled- wasnt meant to be apparently- I know you love your visits w/ the folks so its all good! ~~~Glad the party was a good time...many people? ~~~ Sounds like you are on a mission to find your folks the perfect companion!! You are such a good daughter! I wish I could figure out how to be a good one in person,,, I'm great @ long distance- not so good "live". ~~~~I see we feel the same about "lean"... I do believe that for me it was probably perfect for the December I had so as Eoin says (see my tagline):7..... I am choosing to look at it like this...Our muscles will kick in w/ muscle memory so quickly in phase 3 that we'll lose our bloat/get stronger/stay motivated! Hows that for PMA???:7 ~~~~ On your cardio... who knows!!! Your recent posts make me think of Sandra's posts a year or so ago. Its where I "go" mentally EVERY ttom! This I know... My body likes less intense cardio (75-80% HR range) but my problem is that I cant keep it in that range with any cardio I do except walking... I'm not big on walking as my mind wanders .... I have yet to figure it all out- I think with my Pyramids I'll be doing I'm going to do 3x weekly HIIT for just 30 min... I can use Cathe- CC's - KBoxing & just focus on making sure my HR goes up/down as required to achieve a HIIT program. I will probably go that direction after X , if not before:eek: Did I just say that????:eek: ~~~ On WW- I think you should give it a go... Its really cheap to do it online and their online program is really good... In Weekly Person WI's here are 11.00 maybe 12 now so that can get pricey- (you pay for weeks you missed too!) the other downside for me in actually going to a WW centre was the hours of operation... They arent a FT 8-5 kinda business here... They open certain days of week for an hour here and there... just didnt work for me in person. What have ya got to lose tho? Give it a go!!! ~ ~~ Hard for me to imagine a pooch so small that it needs "assistance" getting on the bed! IF ONLY!!!! lololololololololololol ... My boys are full grown now- 1 weighs 125 & the other 112...MASSIVE! :7 ~~ BTW: I feel the same about loud movies like that.. I dont like the sounds of bombs, guns, screaming & yelling at all on the TV- pierces me like nails on a chalkboard.

SANDRA X
Well look at you Ms Snuggle Bunny!!!! Thank you for taking your special time & sharing it w/ us!!!:7 We have gotten quite close this past year havent we?:* :* :* Have you done any more digging on the airfare to Ms Debra's??? Its really a must do ya know... You can fly here for cheap & we can hitchhike if need be! :D ~~~ I suppose the UP side to your current Saturday Frenzy schedule is that you know what to expect and you can rest up for it!!:D Maybe you can change the Wed grocery shopping to 4am Saturday so you can free up that time as well! }( ~~~~~ x( Taxes...x( Well- we pay Uncle Sam every April unless you are strategic enough to know how to hide assets and/or have a business you can easily show a "loss";-)! We also pay our property, school, city & water taxes in January... Some people have those included in their mortgage but we dont like having interest accumulated on it & we can keep the $$ in a money market account all year % earn 6% interest... Having both the bay house (no mortgage, just taxes) + the Houston house (big mortgage + taxes) makes January thru April a financially depressing time in my world! ;-) Actually I am filled w/ gratitude that I can actually afford to pay all that as so many here(USA) are losing their homes due to ungodly ARMS that are coming up + property tax increases. My BFF bought a small country home 5 years ago and today her monthly payments are exactly DOUBLE from 5 years ago...Problem is her single income didnt DOUBLE and actually only increased 4% so she's at risk of losing it all if she cant get re-financed. Its scary out here in that respect. On X...see posts to Tracy & Jeanette....:* (*I'll duck now*) ~~~~ I noticed that 35.00 express fee and wondered if you'd bite the bullet! You are a far better money manager than I!!! I think I just KNEW that come April I will be floundering after I finish my Pyramid System I'm creating....I need to be ready to go with plan b as April is bikini/boating parties! ~ Your post to Jeanette has me *this* close to starting WW again... **it! }( :7 :7 :7 ~~~You go girl!! You just change your mind about X anytime!!! Do what feels right at any given moment in time! As you can read by my post to Jeanette I may/maynot be doing it w/ you! HA:+ :+ :+ :+ Which food plan of X do you plan on following... Not the low carb is it? I think you about passed out on that one last time with all your cardio! Post for me what you're eating daily will ya??? Can ya cook it too while you're at it? I recall trying to follow their meals but I was spending so much getting all the ingredients every week I just couldnt do it. I guess I dont have all the staples! I eat generally the same things day in & out with jsut a slight twist here/there for varation... I'm BORING!!!!

Hope all you Xer Gals have a fabulous Sunday & remember the 2PM Siesta! :7 ;-) :*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWIFT AMY XX!!!!!!!!!!!! So sorry I didnt post that as our title today!!!!

May ALL your dreams & desires unfold in 2008! :7 :+ :7 :+ :7

Hi every xer! Good morning.

The DH and DD surprised me with a handmade card complete with a free massage coupon good any time. DD was excited to oblige, I suggested we will wait until post wo.

:) :) Other b-day presents I received 4 -10# plates for my barbell and 35# dumbells:7 DH and I are sitting in front of the puter on the Polar Fitness website. I am wearing my new F6 heart rate monitor and trying to get the software to download my workouts. Very cool!:D

DH and I will work legs today. He's making me breakfast too. Ah, queen for a day. :9

Went out for dinner to a nice chinese restaurant last night and we all enjoyed. The wo at the Y was hi/lo and step. The instructor only knew how to lead with the right foot. ;( GF and I had a good sweaty time.:+

Checking in and hope to be back later since I should have lots of free time today.:D

Happy birthday Amy. Sounds like it was a good one!!!

Traci - Do you need help on turning off your alarm clock? So sorry that it has been waking you up. What an awful hour!!

I didn't workout yesterday and probably won't today. I am very sore and thought I would give my body a few days rest before doing plyo. Today my DH's team the Giants are playing, so have to get prepared to eat junk food for the game. I hope that everyone has a fantastic day.

Lea

Hi all,

Today is S&H legs and some cardio. I'm not sure which yet, but I'm leaning towards some time with Amy. Then I'll do some yoga later.

Swifty- Happy Birthday! I just love it when I get fitness gifts. The weight set was the best thing I ever got. Remind me, which certification are you doing?

Nicole - Glad you are feeling better, but please be careful with that knee. There had to have been something going on. I see you still managed to get the house clean. That was nice of DH to get the flowers. Sounds like he has been on his best behavior lately. That always makes things easier.

Jeanette - We have a 3 dog limit here:) I never really sit and eat at work either. I wish I could get some flex time. You know you would not be happy letting the pudge take over. How many heavy people so you see riding bikes competitively? I don't count my yoga as a workout, so I try to keep the other stuff at an hour or maybe a little more a day. Sometimes it's a little more on the weekends, it depends on who's around and the weather. When I run the dogs go, so that counts as a dog walk too; otherwise I'd have to go and actually walk them.

Sandra - You know eating has to be a way of life. I think you can modify some of the exercises and still get the benefit for the last round of the X. If you use enough weight, flat and inclined pull overs are a great sub for bar work. I couldn't feel much when I tried to use my bands for lat pulldowns. I was surprised to read that crafts and such are not fun for you. I was like that myself, but better with the crafts than reading the same story over and over.

Traci - I doubt you would use the x+ rotations, but just let me know. I'm intereted to see what you cook up for your rotation. Will you post it? I'm assuming you just want to regain lean muscle mass? We pay our real estate taxes in July and Dec. That timing is less than optimal and then pp on cars is due in Oct. There is no rest for the weary.

I guess it's time to go pick up some more. I might go visit my parents today.

Tracy

Ok, I lied. The guilt got me and I did Imax 3 instead of plyo. All that jumping around in Imax 3 has got to count right?

Tracy - Have fun with your workout. Oh and the yoga.........And yes, I do eat raw still, but I am not as strict as I once was. I try to get the green smoothies in at least once a day and have a huge salad. I feel better when there is less carbs. I am glad that there are people out there who enjoy crafts as much as I dox(.

Hi to everyone who passes on by, Debra, Sandra, Jeanette, Christiane, Kim, Nicole(hope that head is feeling better), TG, Wendy and Laurie and ooohh...I feel I am missing someone, sorry.

Lea

Good morning,

I'm going to cram in XStretch some time today. I haven't done that in quite a while. Traci, what's this Athletic Stretch you're doing? Is it similar to XStretch?

What is a sourdough pretzel? Is that one of those large soft pretzels you buy in the bakery? I don't know if my store's bakery has sourdough ones, but they have these pizza soft pretzels that are spread with pizza sauce and cheese. They're not what I would call a health food, although they're tasty! The P90X meal plan has sourdough pretzel as an afternoon snack. If I can't find the pretzel, I'm wondering if a sourdough bagel would be similar enough to substitute.

Jeanette....Ah, it's too bad you didn't get your ride in yesterday. That's exactly the reason I work out first thing in the morning. Something always comes up if I leave it for later in the day. I know what you mean about being tired of obsessing about exercise and diet, and wanting to just accept yourself as you are. But then I see my family, who don't concern themselves a whit with their health, and see how it's all catching up with them. My aunts & uncles are entering their mid-50s to late 60s, and suddenly I'm getting weekly emails about heart attacks, strokes, broken bones, and an assortment of things that can only be attributed to an unhealthy lifestyle catching up with them. If my plan works, that won't be me in 20 years!! You asked about Circuit Max the other day. I wouldn't say you should rush out to buy it. Do you have the CTX series? If you do, then Circuit Max is exactly like a 60min version of 10-10-10, with some compound weight work (like in Cardio & Weights) inserted between the 6 cardio segments. It was filmed around the same time as the CTX series, so she uses much of the same music, and the style of the choreography is similar.

Kim....I read your bit about the widower. What a tragic story!! Aneurysms are terrifying; there's often no symptoms, they appear randomly, and there's usually no time to get medical help once they burst. Kind of like carrying a loaded gun inside your brain. My cousin died of an aneurysm in his early 20s. He was playing hockey, the vessel burst, and he was dead before he hit the ice.

Traci....You didn't get to KenpoX+ yesterday? Shucks. I'm looking forward to hearing whether you punched yourself upside the head or not ;) . Seriously, I want to know how you like it. The easiest way to turn off an alarm clock is to unplug it. Oh, and take out the backup battery if it's got one. Waking up singing the Piano Man sounds like a nice way to do it. I love that song. Yup, you all were present in my lair last night. Wasn't it cozy? DH loved having all these gorgeous women around us, and the Tour de France playing on the tv. His ultimate fantasy, I imagine. You're thinking of going back to Weight Watchers? There's no doubt it works, if you can stick with choreographing your points all day long, every day. I'm going to follow only the Phase 3 P90X eating plan. I agree that Phase 1 is untenable for me. I sat down with the food manual yesterday and went through their recipes and grocery list to see what I would actually have to buy. I also made notes in my daytimer about how to coordinate cooking their various recipes, so I spend as little time cooking as possible. For instance, when I roast potatoes for dinner on Tues night, I'll cook an extra one for the stuffed potato I'll be eating at lunch the next day. Their recipes are quite straightforward, which makes it doable. I don't think there's specific magic to their meals, but I'm determined to see if a month of squeaky-clean eating of reasonable quantities of calories really will make "the" difference in my physique. If I see positive changes at the end of the month, I'll more likely be motivated to continue on with it. If I don't, I'll be able to walk away from it and not feel badly. I'd be happy to post my eating for you all to criticize. I love the sounds of your advanced pyramid system. When I'm done the X, will you design something like that for me? About Ms. Debra's retreat: I may have to pass up on that simply due to my thesis. I don't know, yet, whether I'll have time to go on a trip. I'll have to see what my supervisor says at our next meeting. If I don't go, then I want to make arrangements to meet up with some of you some time this year. I may have to go to Thailand to meet Wendy, but I hear good things about that :D

Swifty Amy....Happy birthday!!!! Your family is indeed treating you like a Queen, and that's how it should be! Woohoo!! I have the Polar F11, and have yet to try to download my workouts. Did it work? My goodness, that was funny about the Y instructor.

Lea....Good morning! Have a great time at the game!

Tracy....Good morning to you too! You're right that eating is a way of life. I've managed to maintain a 60lb weight loss for 5 years, with 2 pregnancies in there, so I think I've done very well with making it a lifestyle. But that doesn't mean it ever becomes easy. Thanks for the pullover sub suggestion. I can never feel those when Cathe does them; I imagine I'm not going heavy enough. I fear that if I go any heavier, though, I'll pull a shoulder muscle. I suppose I need a spotter. I don't dislike crafts per se. I dislike having to do everything at the level of a 2 year old, all day long. I miss having large chunks of time available to me for focusing on something adult, like reading and writing. Or even watching a tv show that's not on Treehouse TV!! But enough griping. I was not born to be Mary Poppins, but I do my best, and I'll just apologize to her and her therapist when she's older.

Cheers!
Sandra

Hi all,

Lea - You snuck in on me. If my opinion counts, IMAX 3 is a good sub for plyox. The green smoothie got the best of me yesterday, but I'll try again today, maybe with less spinach. I did eat a lot of brussel sprouts last night for dinner. They are green aren't they?

Traci - I'm back to looking at the personal trainer certifications again. I have way too much time on my hands, and I think there is probably a market for women around our age. Which certification did you do?

I'm about ready to quit cleaning regardless of whether it is ever clean.

Tracy

Tracy - Did you try adding fruit to the smoothie? It makes it taste so much better. My combo's are usually either banana,pineapple,mint,kale and water or kale,oj(fresh),mango,banana. That way you don't get that bad of a green taste. Or try adding some lemon juice too. But I am sure that you know all of this. Good luck again today.

Sandra - Morning back to you. I am not going to the game, just watching it on tv, but hey, thanks. Wow, sorry to hear about your cousin. It is very sad when things like that happen. Have a great time with X Stretch.

Off to clean and then the farmers market.

Lea

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I am swamped with things to do. I had to come here and say, "HEY!!!"

I took Cutie Niece home yesterday. Well, I just met my friend and my other niece halfway at a Cracker Barrel for lunch and to hand off CN. What can I do? Her father wanted her back home like the day after she came to my house. She was so sweet. She wanted to come back to my house. It wasn't sad since she was happy to go home too. Still, I miss her and worry about her. She's a snugly, loving type of child. When I tell her she's cute, she says, "I know." LOL I taught her how to say thank you instead! No one likes a Little Miss Know It All!

Anyhoo, on the way back home, I stopped off at the Goodwill. I bought some decent looking baby boy, teenage girl, and adult male clothes for some people in my family's village. (Phil's jeans are way too long in the legs and skinny in the waist.) Then I went through our closets and pulled out clothes to give away. I managed to fill a suitcase with exactly 50 pounds of clothes for them. That leaves me with one suitcase and carry-on. I'm going to go through the girls' toys and see if I can find a toy for the baby boy who peed on me!!! (I have a picture to prove it too!!!) Oh! I'm buying that child cloth diapers, rubber pants, and baby powder when I get to Thailand!!!!!!!!!!:p

Today's To Do List includes packing the girls clothes and homeschool books, and driving to my MIL's house. My thighs are still looking good, but are getting jiggly looking. So, I'm going to push myself to push play on something tonight.

Okay, enough with the selfish post. I need to do open a window for personals!!!!!!!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!
Wendy

Okay, I doubt I am going to buy STS. First of all, I don't like working my legs with heavy weights. Secondly, I don't know if I need more dvds at this time in my life. It's not like I have a goal that I can't achieve with what I already own. So, that's my story. Hopefully, I can stick to it!}( :7

[font color = red][font size=+.5]Happy Birthday AmyXX!!!!!!![/font][/font] You got my ALL TIME favorite present! Does that card come with any stipulations? Can you redeem your coupon like say at 11 PM?}( Let me know how the Polar website works. I think my Polar came with that feature. I never bothered using it though. You are having an awesome weekend!!!! You deserve it!!!!

Ewww! Okay, I took a sip of coffee and missed my mouth!x(

Lea: Enjoy the farmer's market. We have one nearby, but I'm too lazy to check it out. I don't own IMAX3. From what I hear it's one of Cathe's toughest cardios. So, I'd say it counts more than Plyo!

Sandra: XStretch feels sooo good! Was it Tracy who said that it felt like a massage from the inside out? Very true! Have you looked in the freezer section of the grocery store. I don't know about Canada. But, you can sometimes find them there in PA. It's a big soft pretzel. I hope you can manage to swing a free weekend for the retreat. I'm praying for all the ladies to be there!!!! Of course, you can always meet me in the third world country and stay at my half brother's house. We did remodel it to include a REAL bathroom. Although, you might want to consider staying at a hotel. For 700 baht a night (~ $20.00), you can workout with air conditioning!

OKAY PEOPLE! I will be at the retreat!!! I will need a retreat after being with the CA AND my thyroid induced hormonal sister!!!!:+ ...just don't look for me to be in top cardio and strength shape.;(

Traci: Um, have you considered unplugging the alarm clock?:p Oh! Lookie here, I can not sleep sound without dh. (Remember Roadtrip Vol.2) So, you can be my roomie! Keep in mind, I will NOT pee in the pool!}( :p :7 I sure hope I can be excluded from taking a siesta at 2PM. Siesta means nap, right? I've got so much to do that's not getting done.

With that, I best get a load of laundry started. I'll try to make it back for more personals.

Hi to Christiane (jetting to be with her man!), Carol (recouping from her day of retail therapy and birthday), Tracy (cleaning or running), Debra (snuggling with CB and/or DD), Kim (taking care of her calves), Teddygirl (looking hip with her new hair do), Jeanette (busy adopting doggies), Laurie (looking into getting a metered taxi), Nicole (training her boys to give full body massages), and anyone else I may have forgotten. Sorry if I did. It's me, not you! ;)

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!!
Wendy

Okay just did papers with son and it's MINUS 32 outside. We did just over half the papers but had to come home to thaw out. I was seriously starting to get worried about frostbite on our faces. DH said he will help him finish after he finished Yoga X. I'm heading off to do KenpoX BBL Kim

Kenpo Cardio + Review

HARD!!!!!!!

Tonys new "do" makes me laugh but he looks atlot leaner than X series.. Lets talk about Tracy Morrow.... MY GAWD that woman is AMAZING! What an inspiration she is to me! She must be @ 10% or less BF and her muscles are so beautiful! I am rejuvinated to get my arss in gear!
Theres a tattoo dude in it too..... Oh yes- the workout info}(

3 rounds of very fast paced Kenpo combinations. Tony refers to "new moves" but its actually just combinations of Kenpo at an VERY fast pace... a real sweat-fest for me! He takes 1 minute breaks between rounds that are really 15 sec break with 45 seconds of various cardio;-)
He has a move called Gladiator that is Cathes Jump Kicks with Hammers (the lunge ones)... Its tough! Actually you can see Tracy Morrows core (which is RIPPED!) working VERY HARD on all the moves. There are ZERO breakdowns so it could be dangerous if ua arent familiar w/ Kenpo1.... Its a FABULOUS w/o!!!

Total time is 41 min....6 min w/up which is 2 minutes w/up + 4 min yoga !}( .... cool down wasnt NEARLY LONG ENOUGH}( }( }( I'd say on a scale of 1-10 comparing a 4DS 30 minute w/o This is a 8-10 depending on what you're willing to put into it- I label the 4DS kick cardio factor @ a 7-8

Its an EXCELLENT upper / core workout and the legs arent anything to sneeze at either but for me it was SUPERIOR upper/core (w/ super good form of course)

Immediately following warm up he starts movin' & groovin' no standing still in this one... I LOVE IT! Not sure I'll want to go back to X now... I need to check out X+ strength ;-)

Off to finish the kitchen cleaning before Siesta Time:7 All the rset of house is SPOTLESS:*

GRRRRRR!!! I was 3/4 of the way through a long post, and the POWER WENT OUT!! Only for a moment, but it was all gone :( :( :( Anyway, I wanted to say hi quickly, but now I have to feed the hungry kiddos some lunch and get my workout in. I'll be back later to catch up (yet again).

Carol

Almost siesta time.... I do not believe I will partake. GF from VA and her DD are coming to play this afternoon. I'll have to make it a brief check-in.

Woo, hoo I also got the STS pre-ordered for the B-day! I'm all set now. Let's get ripped xers! I'm fired up.

TracyX- I am studying the ACE (American Council on Exercise) manual. They wrote the book and work closely with the YMCA. Hence reason the Senior Phy. Dir. at the Y is gearing me this direction. The 2003 ed. manual has just been updated with nutrition guidelines. You should go for it! The ACE program is well recognized and complete. I'm enjoying it;-) Google ACE and check out the website for more info.

NicoleX- I'm :) you are feeling better today. Oh how sweet you DH buying you flowers!:) Lucky girl.

WendyX- Well, I'm gonna miss you some more. Are there many bicyclist commuters in Thailand? Think of the ground you could cover by hopping on a 2-wheeler. Best of luck:7

CarolX-Ooooo, I hate when I lose a post!x( Best get the wo in before the lights go out again or you'll be doing push up in the dark!

Oh, got to go the girls here.

Hi all,

I did my own version of slo count legs super setting squats and deadlifts, and static lunges and plie squats. No extra prefatiguing exercises though. My legs were really cooked last week after what I did. It was a nice workout then I did Amy's KB because I was feeling a little tired from yesterday and thought I could take it easier with that one than the hi/lo. I was wrong. She is like the energizer bunny with all of those kicks!

Kim - I was thinking about you and the papers. I'm not sure any kids deliver papers in this area anymore. I think it is all adults in cars. And I was complaining because it's in the 30s today.

Sandra - My son has lost 50 lbs and has managed to keep it off, but one way he does is that he avoids eating out often. I know how hard that can be with kids. Sounds like you just need to fine tune some things and you'll be right where you want to be. I really think Amy's cardio will be just what you need to jump start everything. I did the KB today and if you got that one, it might be easiest to start with because the choreography isn't that complex, but boy is it a workout! I didn't even do the final blast today; I was done. For pull overs, if I'm fresh I can use 35 or 40 lbs, but yesterday I was fatigued and had to drop back to 30. You really have to think about originating the move from the upper lats. I had one more thing I wanted to tell you and it just slipped my mind.

Wendy - Am I reading right that you are going to a village where you have family? Would you ever consider moving there?

Traci - I think that the length of the x+ workouts is deceptive. They get a lot done in a short time. I can't wait to try the upper plus and total body because they utilze moves that work multiple body parts at a time. I haven't decided how to integrate them into what I'm doing. As of now, I think I'll just finish the x, as I'm doing it now, and then move on. I'm getting plenty of shock value with the x and Amy, I don't need any more right now. That Tracy Morrow is really cut! I don't think she got legs like that only doing what they are doing. Did you try the core+? I swear I see a difference in my core since yesterday, well maybe I'm dreaming, but it was flat flat today. I'm going to try to fit that in 2-3 times a week just to see what happens.

Swifty - I googled PT certifications this morning. ACE, AFAA, and ACSM seem to be the big ones and they are ones Cathe mentioned too. I think she is ACE certified. I just need to decide which one and do it. What study stuff did you purchase?

Carol - Nothing worse than spending time composing a post and loosing it. Luckily the power didn't do anything funny to your computer.

Debra - I hope things are settling down. At least you have family around.

Tracy

WooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}(}(}(}(}(

Go Chargers!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am so excited, can you tell:) I never thought it would happen, Of course, we're going to lose to NE next week but we'll enjoy it while it lasts.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a great one and enjoy your massage:D Take it easy today and enjoy it.

I'm making my mom dinner for her birthday so I'm off.

I'll see you all tomorrow:*

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Wow Nicole. Looks like you and the Pats and us and the Packers next week. Who would have thunk? Congratulations!!! What a good daughter you are making your mom dinner. I am sure that makes her birthday.

Lea

Okay, I just did a big long post and somehow managed to post it onto Saturday's thread instead of today's;( x( Sorry! Kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.