Xers -------Sunday --------!!

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just getting us started on this beautiful Sunday. I hope your weather is as nice as it is here.

Wishing great workouts for all today.

BBL,

Tracy

Good Morning!

Classic/Phase 1/ Week 4/Day 4 - Stretch X

I almost feel guilty for doing Stretch in the middle of my workout week....like it's a guilty pleasure! But, Hey, that's what the schedule calls for....right???}( One does what one must!;-)

Work was nice last night....had one patient in the section all by myself. He slept most the night, so I was left to my own devices pretty much. I like that because I actually do well by myself and can put the light level where I like it, as well as the temperature level where I like it! I was also able to watch a bit of TV and get some knitting done!

The weather here looks like it's going to be nice once the heavy, heavy fog burns off.

I hope everyone has a nice Sunday. I'm off to snooze and get ready for my last work night for a couple of weeks!!! Yea!!!:7

Classic: Phase 1/ Week 3/ Day 7/ Round 1

Recovery Day then on to Recovery Week

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in really quick and say thanks to all for the well wishes about my back and advice about Yellowstone. I'll do personals tomorrow. Off to vacation planning:)

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Phase 2/ Week 6/ Day ??/ Plyo & BB & ARX/ Round 1

Good Afternoon Ladies,

Didn't get to Plyo last night. We took the girls to the park and then out to dinner. We stopped at a store on the way home and Phil stayed in the car with the radio and ac on. A sweet family offered to jump our battery. So, Phil has to replace the car's battery today.

Anyhow, I totaled up my calories on Sparkspeople around 10:00. I knew it would be high since I ate out for lunch and dinner. But, I didn't think it would be over 2,000 calories. I decided to do Cathe's C&W since Phil was too tired to do Plyo. I felt I had to burn off some of those calories.

I was going to do the weight portion of C&W until I reached down after the first weight exercise to lower my weight for the second weight exercise and got a tight cramp in my neck. This never happened before! I gently massaged it out, and finished with cardio only. My neck doesn't hurt now. I think reaching for the lower weights too quickly while my shoulders were feeling pumped contributed to the cramp. Has this happened to anyone else?

I missed Cathe!!! However, my knees can't handle high impact stepping. Is this because I haven't done any step in awhile? This saddens me since I love stepping. But, I was a stepping mess. I forgot how fast Cathe moves compared to Tony. My footing wasn't like it used to be! I'll have to focus on Cathe after the X and before the RT. I think when I do step next, I'll slowly ease back into it. I'll remove the risers and high impact. Does anyone else have any suggestions? I've gotta take care of my knees!!!

Will be back for personals. Have to open up a couple of Internet Explorer windows first.

Wendy

Personals!

Amy: Enjoy your stretch! I didn't try it until my recovery week. Wished I would have done it on my rest days since it is really good! * Do you rotate shifts at work? How does your body get used to the time change? Does it affect your workouts? * I noticed my legs slimmed down at the end of recovery week. It almost made me not want to work them again. LOL * Did you call me Debra last night! Oh! I wish I was her!!! :) Thanks for the soy milk recommendation. I might try it when I get bored with the lactose free varieties.

Nicole: Have fun planning your vacation to Yellowstone. I wish I could help, but we've never been. Get plenty of rest, recovery week was hard in a different way for me.

Debra-X: Best of wishes finding a nice antique at the flea market today! I usually go to a couple during the summer. I end up buying old children's books for the girls to read. The older books are usually filled with values and a higher standard of morals compared to most of the trash that gets published these days. * That's a relief you were able to find your car keys. 6 years ago, I set my car keys on a table to pay the YMCA childcare staff, and a little BRAT picked them up because she was eyeing the elastic braclet attached to the chain, and took them home unbeknownest to anyone at the time!!! One of the staff members drove me and all my girls home so I could get my second set. I can't believe some people's kids!!!! And the parents had to eventually known about it. The keys were NEVER returned!!! Deep breath....

Tracy-X: How sad that you may never do any heavy weights again. Do you think your body will ever heal up entirely? What do you think the future holds for your body? What are your long term fitness goals? Please, by all means, be the Injury Police. I've been a lot more respectful to what my body can do since reading about your rehab efforts!

Jeanette-X: Good Luck on your 8000' climb!!! You'll have to tell us all about it when you get the chance. Don't worry if your time trial is off on Tuesday. Just don't compare it to the rest of your trials. Do you keep a log of your workouts and bike rides for comparisons? Maybe the next time you're in this situation, you can compare your results to this coming trial. * I can't believe the triathlon is so close. You can do it! You're conditioned! ;-) * You want to know how I function on little sleep. Well, I was freaking yesterday morning. I was on Rte 100 for 5 minutes before I realized I was supposed to take Rte 663 to the children's workshop! Then I had an internal anxiety attack when I realized that there wasn't a Dunkin Doughnuts along the way on the 663 route!!! (I have a mental map of all the Dunkin Doughnuts in PA and Jersey. LOL) I was looking forward to the one on route 100. Well, low and behold, there's a brand spanking new Dunkin Doughnuts to add to my mental map in this little town on 663!!! They even had plasma tvs inside. :) :) :) * The woodstove can wait. It's waited this long right? ;-) * Dh's a union sprinkler fitter for fire protection. He works all over the area at different job sites. So, it's not too big of a deal for him to tell his company that he won't work with a particular guy. He's never done it till now. The only problem is that NO ONE in the company will work with his brother except a couple of men whose job isn't as secure to make such demands. What kills me is that the supervisor is covering for the MC and acting like everyone else has a problem when the only constant in the equation is the MC. But, it looks like the man in charge of the service dept. is starting to ask questions since his star worker is being passed over in favor of the MC. Something is going to happen. Supervisor can't continue to give the MC big jobs and lots of overtime without a crew. It's like a big soap opera at the moment. * Since you need to bake the cheesecake a couple of days in advance, it should work out for Memorial Day. I hope your ds likes it!!!

Traci-X: Is the bay breeze helping you rest your rotator cuff? Isn't today your rest day? Enjoy!!!

Here's a shout out to Sandra-X, Laurie-X, Debfer, Swift Amy, Kate, Wendy-X, Lea-X and all who follows.

Time for me to do laundry and clean the house. I've gotta fit in Plyo this afternoon. Phil is building the pantry and coat closet right now. I'm not waiting for him to push play. I've got some fat to burn!!!

Blessings,
Wendy

Tracy: I was counting on you for advice!!! ;-) I think I need to push pause during Cathe's workouts. She switches gears on me too fast for my body to safely transition. Step has a soft spot in my heart though. It's what got me into taking better care of my body. I'd hate to give it up because of knee pain. I was really suprised that Plyo didn't kill my knees. I think it's because the timing is more controlled. I'm trying to move too fast while stepping to watch for good form. Maybe if I ease myself into it post-X, I'll be alright.

Wendy

Hi there ladies...Hope you are all well today. It's been a busy more for me...We didn't get back from the flea market until almost 5pm...I got a few cute things for our new house...and a couple of things for DD. It was so windy, the dust was blowing like crazy...so we both needed showers when we got home...And then I had some housework to do ..and phone calls to make...and other miscellaneous things to do....so I have only been sitting down for about an hour...And still no workout! I am planning on riding some of the local trails tomorrow..and then catch up a bit on my weight work. But I still have lots to do to get ready for out move....I have a nice long things to do list...and that's only for tomorrow and Tuesday! And DD's cough is still hanging on...it's been about 4 weeks now...so I need to get her to the doctor too.

Since it's so late, I will catch up with personals tomorrow. I'm about ready for bed now....Hope you are all well...and having a great weekend.

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Good evening,

Did the bike ride today. However, when I woke up this morning (3 a.m.), I had this feeling in my stomach of undigested food, just a big lump from the day before. It wasn't like I was nauseated, just a bit off and uncomfortable, you know the feeling. Hoping it would get better, I did the 2 hour drive down to the start of the ride. Hooked up with other riders there and decided on the 50 mile ride, with the option of adding on a tough 20 mile loop towards the end if I felt like it. One of the riders was doing her first organized ride by herself so we rode with her to the 1/2 way point. She was really, really slow, but we felt we should and wanted to stay with her. After that, she was just going to turn around and head back the same way. We all ate lunch (though it was not even 10 a.m.) and I forced myself to eat a little, but probably was the wrong thing to do. The ride had about 5,000' of climbing and is a great ride with a wonderful downhill on super smooth roadway with zero cars (my cyclometer captured 42.9 mph on that part). Anyways, when we got to where the tough loop began, I decided against going further as the "lump" was still there and a headwind was blowing pretty fiercely. We headed back to the finish of the ride (same as the start) with a wonderful tailwind. It was a good event, just wish I'd felt better for it. That "lump" is still in my stomach, though things are moving a little more now. If I still feel this way tomorrow, will stay home from work.

Amy, glad you had a nice evening at work and had the controls all to yourself. Are you starting a 2 week vacation? Any plans for it?

Nicole, have fun with the vacation plans. I love planning stuff like that. We went to Yosemite park about 5 years ago and it was really fun, but can be super crowded. Worth seeing anyway.

Wendy, hope the little pull in your neck is better now. Hate how those things happen. I remember my mom threw her back out once with such a little movement. I mean she was down on her back for 5 days. Sorry also about the car problems. DH has had a ton of those little things to work on lately. Hope we don't get any more. I love Cathe's step workouts. When I first started step, my knees hurt so I started with just the top and then added one riser. That's pretty much all I ever do is 1 riser. My knees just started getting used to the movements and have been fine ever since. That was one case where working thru it did work. I also did some knee strengthening exercises too, which helped immensely. Re: the time trial on Tuesday, hmmmm... I'll have to see how my belly is feeling tomorrow and if I can spin out my legs as they are a might sore from the climbing today. Your DH's situation at work doesn't sound good at all. My DH's manager called him today and they met downtown. The manager asked DH all kinds of questions and also asked DH how he would have run the recent maintenance shutdown that caused all of the problems. Think DH feels pretty good now. The cheesecake will get made earlier in birthday week. Can't wait to make it!!! Did you get PlyoX in? I'd say not to bother DH as he's getting that kitchen fixed. When my DH starts working on home projects, I don't interfere LOL. Don't want to lose the momentum you know. LOL!!

Tracy, thanks for the zip and hollow link. I read thru it and I think I'm pretty much doing something like that with my ab work. I'm trying not to be on auto pilot for ab work.

Debra, sorry your DD still has a cough. Mine seem to go on and on and on. Hope the Dr. can give her something that will ease her coughing. What did you get for the new house? So much fun shopping for the new place I'll bet! Hope you can get out on the trail tomorrow.

Better go,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.