X'ers ..........SUNDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Good morning to all!

:eek: Final 6 workouts of P90X begin TODAY! (Abs not included). I am unbelievably excited & so ready to take my recovery week! Today is Chest Shoulder Triceps FOR THE LAST TIME! WooHoo!

Back w/ personals .....:7

Saturday Personals:

:D :D Sandra: You just HAD to sneak in behind me didn't you? LOL Awesome way to BRING IT on Kenpo & WILD WOMAN MEDAL for doing those blasts at that end! I can feel your delight in adding in some Cathe so GOOD FOR YOU! As far as recovery week sadness... You can always throw in extra Yoga, extra abs/cardios, extra kickbox blasts... shoot you could just work out NON STOP all week```` You silly person! On original P90 vs Masters... I used to have original collection... was ages ago. Format very different IF I RECALL. More just straight training like Cathe in front of camera (straight shots)... bland and monotonous I think... Don't recall Tony being at all fun. It also could be tho that I just wasn't "in" to any of it so we need others to chime in here. Master Series is very similar (95% same exercises w/ different names & in different workouts) to X. Your rotation thoughts look awesome! I actually had one similar but have changed it so dang many times! I am going to print yours out for future use. Thanks for sharing. OUCHIE on the cavity... get that fixed and take an hour and get your haircut! Gotta pamper self just a bit to be motivated to do all the hard stuff right? I am going to schedule my first ever facial as a reward for finishing P90X. I asked Santa for a gift certificate so I am going to indulge and call it my TROPHY. I think we all (but especially you moms) need to just do these good things for ourselves even if we feel we shouldn't spend time/money on them. How neat about you and Tosca being at same school! She was a few years ahead of you... (like me!) lol regarding my eating... I know its crazy but I just could never get the clean pro/carb/fat/fiber ratio's correct for my body. All I did was start following Tosca's plan and my energy level jumped, my blood sugar stabilized, afternoon dips were gone, and my weight has dropped EVERY day on scale since day 1. Its an eating style that is quickly becoming "natural". At the end of eating day I plug my stuff into Sparkspeople.com and am AMAZED that my ratios are perfect balance for my body. Tad higher in protein, tad less in carbs (although I'm eating WAY more wraps/ bread than EVER) & fats & fiber are just perfect. Its really amazing. I see that diet is truly at my age about perfect mini meals not just end of day stats. My body feels nourished for the first time in my life. Wt is down 4.4 pounds... its not all fat I know but everything is tighter and puffy's are non existent after 5 days. Cravings NADA, Hunger NADA.... Its really nothing NEW I suppose just easier language and direction than say BFFM which I have read 4 x and could not seem to incorporate properly. Straight forward writing from a women who is my age and mastered obesity for 7 years. ... So can you tell that Tony's Shrine has to be shared w/ Tosca Reno? lol 1 last thing... I think you should post the Ab Marathon that Cathe designed way back when out on Open Forum. Its AWESOME & I had never seen/heard of it before.

:D :D TRACY: Great way to get in some extra legs & a Cathe fix yesterday! I found that my "Max's" are so much more now that I've learned from Tony what they are REALLY suppose to be about... ***thumps head*** Ah...its not just another cardio! duh! LOL- sounds like you are getting ready to invest in some new core work! Good idea to do that BEFORE we start another X round! Hope DH puts up Door Gym today... BTW: I was looking it over last night and its ALTUS Home Gym w/ workout DVD & Wall Chart. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/aa/home.html

:D :D LEA: Chuckling at Kenpo... Lets go with "its harder because you're bring it so much more! " RE abs... I think its GREAT to mix up ab work especially different exercises and instructors. I was thinking why Tony only gave us 1 knowing abs need to be confused too.. I really think its just a matter of keeping the package affordable. The more DVDs the ^ cost and at some point people wouldn't pay say 175.00 for 3 ab DVDs... just my thoughts. In my future X rounds I'll be doing ARX 1x a week and mixing up instructors for other 2. JMO

:D :D GAYLE: Funny how so many of our ears perked up when you started talking inner thighs! lol. I'll jump in a pool if I never have to do floor lifts again!!! Smart changing Yoga for a day you actually have 92 minutes in a row with your busy schedule... HUG your sis for the X'ers! I MISS my sister so much.... She's in CA w/ all my family and our weekly calls just aren't enough. I never knew how vital my relationship was with her until I turned 40 for some reason. Perhaps because I don't have kids I think that someday she will be my only living family. ENJOY your time!

:D :D JEANETTE: What did you end up buying in Reno? What a fun day!!! ^^^ 5 on getting your workout in even tho it wasn't a OH JOY factor yesterday! Tell DH he should check in with us too! lol.... Maybe not tho... I 'd really not be thrilled if my DH got into "my girl time!".

:D :D STEPH: WooHoo on shoulder definition and FLEXING!!! I am right there with ya! My shoulders and Biceps are developing so nicely and I am frustrated that its not tank top weather!!! I keep walking around the house in them but then get cold so I gotta cover up! Are we silly or what? As far as your child's ADD/ADHD. Its so understandable that it took some time to wrap your brain around. There are still so many things that there is stigma on in the world... My mom was really ill 1.5 years ago and ultimately was diagnosed with bipolar...talk about a stigma! I did realize that I had to do my own work inside about it as well although I am one of the most open minded non judge mental people on the planet in most cases. Its all very different when it directly affects our day to day lives. What I think I have learned this past year is that people who make judgements and perpetuate stigmas do so out of lack of knowledge. I remember eons ago my grandma telling me that cancer had a stigma... unclean living, wrath of God... etc... We all recall AIDS years ago.... the list goes on. What people dont fully understan creates fear and that fear makes all of us act in riduluous ways and say cruel things. Be strong Steph... your mission is to nurture your child here not appease the 10000000's of different opinions on this earth. On DD- do kids get bladder infections? Bless her heart... Mommy sure has her hands full these days... Do you want a day a the spa????

:D:D WELCOME HOME BIRTHDAY GIRL (debra)

GREAT DAY TO ALL I may have missed
:D :D :D

Traci-
I have posted here a few times but am mostly a lurker. I was wanting to know more about this Tosca's eating plan. Eating is my main downfall. I just cant seem to find something I can stick to without feeling deprived. I have no problem with the exercise part. I love to exercise, its a part of my life but my poor eating is hindering my results. please share! Thanks!

Still on Phase 2, Redoing part of Week 6/Day 5

OK, you guys are not going to believe this, but I swear I am NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP! Last night, I whacked my pinky toe on a chair leg and I seriuosly think it's broken, but what do I know? It's swelled up, it still hurts this morning, and I'm hobbling around on it. Are there some sort of exercise gods that do not want me to work out or what? Well, I'm going to today anyway. I've got Legs and Back, so I suppose I won't need my pinky toe to do pullups and I think if I adjust myself a little, I can probably do the legs portion OK. BTW, I am planning on ordering Cathe's Gym Style Series, and Core Max for when Life After Tony is finally here. I am also going to order a yoga video. Brian Kest looks the best by reading reviews on Collage. Which ones do you guys have?

Traci - Thank you so much for your encouraging words on my DS. That's exactly what I'm doing - doing what's best for my DS so he can be successful, no matter what. Knowing that has helped me come to grips with this and now I'm actually eager to get him some help so he can get on the right track with this. On another note, I am SOOOO proud of you for being on the P90X last week! WOW! Your results are amazing! I'm in Phase 2 and already thinking, "I didn't know my body could look like this!" Can't wait till Phase 3 now! Now, you promised you won't desert us who are still in the middle of it! :) I look forward to reading your motivating messages and supportive comments.

I'll continue to read posts today and BBL. We'll be hanging around the house today since we got quite a lot of snow last night. Great workouts to all!

Stephanie

Steph: I am so sorry but I am sitting here laughing about the toe! Not the pain mind you but the sequence of events that are trying to get you off track! That toe will make you be light on those tootsies today! Could you do back and tack legs on to another day? Just might be tender doing the calf work! Here's what I'd do (mind you I'm weird)
Stand tall- look up to universe and say LOUDLY- "ENOUGH OF THE BAD STUFF! I WILL ONLY ALLOW GOOD THINGS THAT SUPPORT MY GOALS INTO MY LIFE!" ** humbly bow head say Thanks & Amen (if thats within your beliefs).... I swear when things snowball for me I really do this kind of thing and it seems to scare away the negative energy! - Told ya I was weird!!!
Your new purchases sound great for life after.... I like Brian Kest... I only have 1 and its for beginners so probably way too basic
"Original Power Yoga" from Weight Loss Series.
I plan on sticking around til the last of you guys finish up! Thats what we do isnt it? lololol Gotta have all your friends to ^^^^^5 you across the finish line!

Classic week 3/ day 7/ rest

Hi all,

I'm not sure what I'm doing today. I didn't do kenpox yesterday, but my back is a little tight this morning so I may just do some extra core work and stretch.

Sandra – Great job on adding those KM blasts at the end. I know they are beneficial but they have a certain dread factor for me. I thought about adding slow and heavy in my rotation, and I’ve gotten great results using it, but I just don’t think that I can do those slow counts right now! I’ve been adding a little Cathe cardio all along. I think that it keeps me sane. I’m going to get my hair highlighted tomorrow. I have something rather important at work on Thursday and I looked at my hair and it’s like, well 6 months since I’ve had the highlights, it needs it.

Traci – I am looking for one good nutrition book to buy so I think I’ll check out the Tosca book. In the last 90 days I’ve learned that I don’t eat enough protein. I really feel better and less cravings and uncontrolled moments when I factor in protein throughout the day. I’ve always eaten a bigger dinner, partly because I didn’t eat much during the day and I’ve fixed that by still eating a big salad at night or veggie casserole so that I feel mentally satisfied.

Stephanie – A broken toe? There’s nothing worse than an injury. I love Brian Kest and you can get it at Amazon or I think DDDVD for 10. That is a great price. It has 3 workouts on it. Gym style and core max are good investments, you will not be sorry.

Here is my tentative post p90x rotation. I plan to start again in March.

For 3 weeks: not sure about recovery yet

M/ back/chest (see below) /Legs and glutes (or do on Sunday)
T/ IMAX or Hi Lo /abs
W/ Gym style ch/sh/tri / add in tricep pushups and one armed tricep things do on your side, the name ecapes me right now.
Th/ yoga / abs
F/ B&G leg blast/ 6sets pull ups /abs
S/ xtrain xpress kick box and KPC drills
Or ME upper only and other cardio /
S/ yoga / cardio of choice /circuit cardio - legs only if not doing L&G on Monday

A 4th session of abs somewhere.

Back and chest / something like this. Still thinking on this, may have to modify a little (take one set of flys/bench press out).
Part 1
Flat bench / flys / bench press / wide grip pull-ups
Flat bench / flys / bench press / chin ups
Flat bench / flys/ bench press / close grip pull-ups

BB Underhand rows / lat rows / regular pushups
BB overhand rows / lat rows, palm facing back / wide pushups
BB pull overs / chair saluatations 2 for 30 sec / push ups rotating over the step

Repeat part 1 on incline except substitute switch grip pull ups for one set
Repeat part 2 except sub 3 different pushups of choice

I think that I caught up with everyone else yesterday. I'll bbl.

Tracy

CL/PH2/WK3/Day7: XStretch

Good morning,

Gonna get my post in early this morning. I had a terrific sleep last night. Don't know why, but wish I could feel this wonderful every morning.

Traci - I'm confused. Are you starting the 4th week of Phase3? You still have another week after this one, don't you? You're talking about your recovery week, but I think you mean NEXT week, right? Just trying to clarify for my morning brain. I'm still making it through my first cup of coffee. Have a great time finishing off CH-SH-TRI! That's a GOOD day! Yup, I will be doing extra cardio this week; just not sure where. I recall Tony or someone saying, in the "Making of P90X" videos, that the recovery week is supposed to have 60% effort kind of workouts. So, I might do some of my dusty Christie Taylor step workouts. She's fun, but very light intensity. Not a blast in sight :) Very, very interesting on the Tosca book. Are you still injesting enough coffee every day to keep a small country awake for a week? I'm asking because I have finally realized that my night time snacking on all things chocolate is not due to my lack of willpower and narcissism, but because my morning coffees are setting my up for caffiene cravings in the evening. I'm trying to figure out what to do about this (I've asked about it on the Open Forums). If you have any suggestions or advice, I'd love to hear it. I'm excited and encouraged about your success with Tosca's book. Did you know you can phone her and chat for an hour - and it will only cost you $75??? Crazy. The woman knows how to make a buck. I wonder if that includes dirty talk? LOL!! I like the looks of your Door Gym. That will come in so handy during P90X Round 2. Are you going to do the Classic again? Tony could have easily given us more than one ab workout. ARX is tacked onto the end of all three weight workouts. Another ab workout could have been put at the end of those; no extra disc required. I've never even used my ARX disc. But, I won't spend my time bashing Tony. ARX has done wonderful things for my core so far. I can't wait until Week 13.

Stephanie - ((((((((((((hugs))))))))))) Wow, you're in for a trial these days! And with Legs & Back being today's workout.....dang! Modify anything that hurts; you'll still get a good workout (even if it's only for one leg LOL!). And you know you can do PlyoX, right? Just follow the member with the prosthetic leg! I hope that dang pinky toe heals quickly. If not, then off it goes!!!!

Hello to the rest of the gang. I'll BBL to read how your day went.

Well, I'd better get started on my Sunday list. Have a great day,
Sandra
- will try to XStretch it later on

Tracy: Thanks for posting your plan... looks great. On SH I can only do it as a 1 body part a day rotation... I love the upper workouts but cannot go at that pace for an hour! Hope you loosen up... may be a great idea to take Kenpo off the table.

Sandra: lol Most important ?? first... OF COURSE I still drink my java .... 1-2 pots a day (cut off at 3pm) then onto decaf teas. I also....sit down now... I also use non dairy powdered creamer + splenda! HORRORS not clean foods but I aint giving it up... Its my last vice in life for heavens sake!
Next ??- lol.... Today is week 4 of Phase 3 - Next Sunday is recovery week. I think I got all excited while typing before! ha
RE: ARX DVDs.... feel REALLY stupid to admit this.... I was in Phase 2 before I ever knew that ARX was tacked onto the reg w/os!! LOL. I have always done abs first so I used the ARX one then hit stop as soon as body work was done... one day I was slow in hitting stop & did a double take! lolol
GREAT plan using less intense cardio next week.... so whens the haircut & dental appt gonna be???? Am I the follow up queen or what?
:+ :+ :+ :+ "And you know you can do PlyoX, right? Just follow the member with the prosthetic leg!" :+ :+ :+ :+:+

:eek:

Good morning! Well, it's football day and rest day. Could the day get any more exciting? I hope that everybody is doing well.

Traci - Girl, you really got me hooked on Tosca now. I purchased the Eating Clean issue of Oxygen, looked through it, talked to my DH about the program and now he is interested. So now guess what? I am going to have to go to the bookstore today and get her darn book. I am so happy that her eating clean program is working for you. In the magazine it does seem a lot easier to put together. They spell it out so nicely for you. And the recipes look really really yummy. If you don't mind me asking, what is do you eat during the day? I know, I'm nosy. You are at the home stretch of the X. It's bittersweet ain't it? I am so happy to finally have a break, but yet sad. I'm so confused. But I think after working so hard with the X and sticking with the 90 days of intense working out, you should get a facial AND a massage.

BTW - are you going to start a post p90X thread when we are finished??

Laura - Traci will really help you out. Good luck with the eating. I know that it gets confusing.

Stephanie - Sorry to hear about the kids. That is rough. I hope that your DD gets better soon. And my goodness, what a time you are having with yourself. Do take it easy and try to do leg work on a different day, or if you can sub floor work instead of the standing work, maybe that would be better. I have all of Cathe's Gym Styles. I love love love the GS legs. Looks like you are going to be doing some purchasing. Please enjoy, you deserve it.

Tracy - I really like your rotation. I hope that you get a good stretch in today. We are in the home stretch. Aren't you excited? I feel like we should be wearing a graduation outfit and walk down the isle receiving our diplomas for sticking with it. When are you getting your hair highlighted? And if I forget, good luck with you important work day on Thursday.

Sandra - I am so happy that you feel great this am. Everyone must have had a good night sleep around you. Mommies definately need their sleep since they work so hard during the day (and night). About the caffeine, if you don't want to drink coffee in the am, why not try green tea? It's lighter in caffeine and good for you too. That way you don't get the caffeine headaches. Those don't feel so good. And LOL on Tosca and the dirty talk! You are too silly:+ .

Hi to everyone else that follows. Have a great Sunday!!

Lea

Traci - I guess I’m going to have to check out that Tosca book. It sounds really interesting! Someone else on the open discussion mentioned it under the “What Are You Reading?” thread. (Or something like that.) I wrote down about 20 books that I have to add to my list of books to read. I know it’s crazy, but I LOL on the toe thing, too. I’m like, “Are you kidding me?” And I’m going to use your technique to get rid of my negative energy. Hey, if you say it works, I’m willing to try anything at this point. You’re right, things do tend to snowball, don’t they?

Tracy - Your back is still tight, huh? What do you think’s going on? I’m still a little tweaky in my back, too, so I haven’t done any kickboxing in a couple of weeks. Glad you’re doing something for yourself and getting your hair highlighted. I finally had to go the route of color the whole darn thing, because I have really dark hair and there is a lot of gray in it. I really like your rotation outline, too. I believe I will save that in my Word Document that I have started on “Good Rotations.” I got one from the beach body website for the Master’s Series, in case I buy that, and a couple from Cathe’s website. Her recent January one looks really good. I like yours since it is very similar to what we’re doing now, and you allowed for a circuit (I like those to mix it up) one day of the week.

Sandra - LOL about PlyoX! Yes, surely if the guy with the prosthetic leg can do it, I probably can. I don’t know, though, a pinky toe injury is MUCH worse than what he has to deal with. (Just kidding!) I also would have liked at least one different ab workout in this series. Enjoy your X Stretch today!

Lea - Thanks on the ideas for modification today. I’m looking forward to getting my new Cathe purchases, because everyone’s said such good things about the GS series. I just never got them, because I was always cardio, cardio, cardio (with some supplemental weight work) all the way until P90X. This method is so much better - working smarter, not harder.

Take care everyone!

Stephanie

Good morning all!

Classic/Phase 2/Week 3/Day 7!

Never got back to posting after returning from Reno yesterday so I will catch up now. Have an extra computer window open for yesterday's thread so hopefully I won't lose this post.

Today will be a longer bike ride, hopefully around 50 miles and then a nice Xstretch afterwards. February 4th is a long ride out of town (Super Bowl Sunday, of course) that a lot of us traditionally go to if the weather is good. I like to do the 60 mile ride but haven't nearly got enough miles in my legs yet to do it. Others with that idea too so today we'll be pushing for at least 40 some miles. Hope it warms up a bit more.

Traci, no doubt in my mind that you will be able hold on for another tough week of workouts. Then comes your blessed Recovery Week and the much deserved end of rotation!! I will have to look up that Tosca book. Sounds very interesting. Where did you find it? Count me in for sure for an after X rotation. How is the door gym installation coming? Yes, you did send the MS sheets to me. Thanks so much! Can't wait to get the MS soon, thanks to X. Oh yeah, I ordered new blinds for the bedroom at Home Depot (will be delivered in a couple of weeks). Also bought a new bike helmet. I tried it on and adjusted it at home last night and the dogs went nuts thinking I was an intruder. They are big chickens and would hardly even come into the room. Of course, I had to put on a big jacket and really act the part. They would definitely not defend us if someone broke in the house. Oooh, a new bike in March!!! Wish I was closer to you, I'd love to go riding! Do you have a trainer to hook your bike up to? I have an old wind trainer that was given to me. Don't get one of those! They are soooo noisy, that I can't hear anything. That's why the mp3 option works for me. My next trainer will be a fluid trainer. Very quiet. LOL about the runner's high. Never had it myself either. LOL about your coffee, creamer & Splenda. My vice is liquid French Vanilla creamer (fat free). I swear that's why I drink coffee. Can't seem to give that one up either, nor want to. I had a facial once and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!!!! Your face has sooo many nerve endings in it. It was better than any full body massage I've ever had. I'm jealous!!! You deserve the facial!!! Go for it!

Gayle, inner thighs, when I did Butts & Gutts, the plie jumps with weights really got to my inner thighs. I was pretty sore with those. Know you will enjoy your sis's visit. Smart to move YogaX to a day when you can concentrate on it for a longer period of time.

Stephanie, hope it went well with your daughter's bladder infection. Is she on some antibiotics now? Glad you are getting your mind around DS's ADHD. You are a great mom. I'm looking forward to MS for DH. He's actually encouraged because he's lost a few pounds now. I get tired of being the driving force, hope he someday gets the bug to work out on his own without me making a reminder. Think it could be a power thing too, you know how that goes. Oh, your poor, poor toe! That's got to be the worst! I hate hitting that toe. I've been hitting my toes/feet on some DB's that are near the computer. I finally shoved them way out of the way. Hope L&B goes okay, but hmmmm, think your toe will feel it in L&B. How about floor work for legs? I have Bryan Kest's Power Yoga - the 3 video series of Energize, Sweat and Tone. They are very good.

Lea, KenpoX was harder for me yesterday at the beginning. After a while, I started getting more energy. I am definitely going to throw in a Coremax for DH this next week as it's my recovery week so no Ab routine at all. Think he will appreciate the break from AbX too. Enjoy football today. Me, I'd rather be outside on my bike today. I'd better go get ready.

Tracy, good job for doing Legs & Back. Sometimes, it is just sooo hard to bring it. I am pretty happy to have Recovery Week this week, not so physically needing it, but mentally. I need to be raring to go for Phase 4. Take it easy with your back. Your rotation looks super too.

Sandra, know you probably got thru KenpoX, hope you felt good doing it after a while. Go get that tooth fixed! My sister had 2 tooth infections the week before Christmas. Seems a root canal wasn't done correctly and got infected. She's been miserable and on antibiotics. Finally getting a handle on it. We did finish the Sherlock Holmes movie. It was pretty good, but I will check on some of the older ones. Love the countryside and horses in the SH movies. I need to check for some Agatha Christie movies too. Thanks for reminding me. I am thrilled reading now that your cardio hasn't gone downhill since doing the X!!! That's what I've been afraid of! Blasts easier than before? Way to go!!!! I like your post X routine. I have S&H too so may try them. I saw changes when doing GS and SH.

I need to eat breakfast and visit with DH a bit before the bike ride. Hope we get a good group. The sun is shining nicely. Haven't looked at the temp yet, but it's probably cold. I'll be wearing my new Gyro Pneumo red helmet today. DH says it looks more aero than my old Trek one. I might not be fast, but I want to look fast LOL!

I hope to check back later,

Jeanette

Hi all,

I'm hanging around the house today. It's supposed to get icy later on and I have a lot of cooking to do for the coming week. If I cook on sunday it makes my week so much easier.

Traci – One-two pots of coffee a day? OMG, I’d be bouncing off the walls. Don’t feel bad, I think I was in phase 2 possibly three before I realized ARX was tacked on to the other workouts.

Lea – Yes it is bittersweet to be getting to the end. I am looking forward to applying what I’ve learned to other programs.

Sandra – I drink 2 cups of coffee in the am and one between 4-6, none after 7. That seems to keep the cravings at bay. I’ll never give up the coffee. I do use skim milk though. Great comment on the plyox and the guy with one leg. Somehow I just don't think that I could do it on one leg, maybe with a crutch?

Stephanie – I’m sure things will get better. I manage stress with flax oil and evening primrose along with focusing on what I can control. I think too much too soon on my back. I guess I’ll never learn.

Tracy

Hi gang.. real quick pop in to say I completed the FINAL Ch-Sh Tri. I certainly did NOT bring any gains to this week... I actually struggled to maintain 2 Sunday agos performance.... Who knows if I am at a wt/rep plateau or if not taking my traditional REST day yesterday affected performance. My shoulders are really fried and achey right now unlike anything I usually feel... maybe hey are ticked off about 4th week in this face! lordy I hope I dont fall apart in the last two weeks! lol Looking at calendar I've never done CH-SH-Tri without a day off the day before.... Anyway... its done & I'm glad!
DH heading in from bay so gotta get showered and ready to watch my Bears. Will bbl for sure as I cannot watch endless hours of football... unlike 1 of our little X'ers;-)

back with personals about the time DH brings out "football food" - need the escape! lol

Thanks Traci. Now I really feel special. BTW, I saw Bears fans out here camping out in front of their favorite Bears bar at 9am.

And I guess I should have listened to Sandra about the book being released on the 28th. My bad
x(. I will listen more often to the knowledgable ones!!

Lea

Lea.... I gather the book is out of stock? I always order thru Amazon.com or I think you can order via her site as well. Anywho... Heres the lowdown on my eating this week - also the disclosures;)
This is whats working for me my first week on Clean Eating Diet.

*Wake-Up 16 oz water (first thing to touch lips!) I usually eat after 2 cups of coffee then wait 1 hour and workout in AM. Eating every 2-3 hours

* my egg whites are from Egg Whites International and can be used raw in protein shakes

* my Protein Shakes are made w/ water as base

* I alternate fruits & veggies so my day is nutritionally balanced

* I make up all my turkey & chicken cutlets at once (grilled and chopped) so all I do is measure out 5 oz. Need 5 oz lean protein per meal - protein shakes, canned tuna, shrimp, cottage cheese- dont have to be prepared in advance

* I adjust veggie amounts based on my hunger level but never skimp on the protein.

* I always add in a 1-2 scoop protein drink if I feel hungry / low blood sugar irregardless of the time

* If I miss a meal I dont try to catch up... just proceed in 2-3 hour increments

* My mornings are a tad higher in calories only because I'm hungriest then...

* Sparkspeople.com shows me at approx 1350-1550 thus far this week (daily)

:9 Meals # 1 (breakfast): 16 oz Water
1 c Whole Grain Oatmeal + 1 scoop Whey Protein Powder + 1/2 c berries
OR
1c egg white omelet w/ various veggies (1 cup) and sweet potatoes (1/4 c)
OR
2 scoop protein drink (made w/ water) & Flax seeds
OR
Apple or Berries + 5oz ground 80/20 Turkey Patties + 1/2 c egg whites

:9 Meals # 2 (snack) Usually after my w/o & 16oz water
5oz Chicken Breast + 1 slice Whole Grain Bread (Ezekial for me) + 1 teaspoon Soy Mayo or Nut Butter/Almond Butter
OR
Pear or Apple or Banana + 1/4cup Almonds
OR
1 scoop protein drink + 1 cup liquid egg whites

:9 Meals # 3(lunch) 8-16 oz Water
1/4 cup sweet potatoes + 5 oz Turkey Breast Cutlet + 1-2 cups mixed greens + 1-2 tbls Balsamic Vinegar or Lemon juice + tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers (1 cup total)
OR
Lf/LCarb Tortilla + 5 oz Snapper, Salmon + 1 tablesp hummus (Athenos) + mixed greens, tomatos + small pear /apple
OR
lf/lcarb Tortilla w/ 1 can tuna + 2 tbls hummus + 1/2 cup cabbage (or greens) + asparagus & tomatoes

:9 Meals # 4(snack) 8-16 oz Water
1-2 tblsp nut butter/almond butter + 1 Ezekial bread or Apple
OR
5 oz Turkey Cutlet + cucumbers, tomatoes, mixed greens + Ezekial bread or Apple
OR
2 Ezekial Bread + 1 tbl hummus + 5 oz tofy turkey slices + tomatoes, cucumbers

:9 Meals # 5(dinner) 8-16 oz Water
5oz turkey or chicken + veggies 1 cup
OR
5oz Shrimp + 2 tbls hummus + tomatoes, mixed greens, cucumbers, asparagus
OR
1/2 large grapefruit + 1 scoop Protein Shake w/ 4 oz yogurt + 3 oz fish, turkey, chicken

:9 Meals # 6(snack) 8-16 oz Water
Apple + 1/4 Almonds + 1 scoop protein drink (made w/ water)
OR
1 cup FF/ LF cottage cheese + 4oz yogurt + almonds (5-8)
OR
1 scoop protein shake w/ 1/3 cup liquid egg whites

Hope that helps!

Hey, everybody! I just like hanging out with you guys! I’m also avoiding housework. Just put DD down for a nap. BTW, her urinalysis turned out OK, and the Dr. said she most likely has an irritation in the urethra due to the soap I use on her during her bath. He said it’s very common. I’m glad nothing’s wrong with her, and due to my lack of knowledge on little girls, I thought I’d better get it checked out. I still haven’t done my Legs and Back, but will probably do it this evening like I normally do.

Traci - How cool - your last Ch-Sh-Tri workout. I can’t wait until the day when I can say that! I’ll bet you will see some serious gains after your final recovery week, what do you bet? I wanted to ask you, do you think the Master’s Series Core Cardio (is that what it’s called?) is like Core Syn.? Do they have the same exercises? I don’t really want to get bored with the same thing. BTW, I just had the chance to look at your avatar pic up close - which one did you say you were?

Jeanette - LOL about your ferocious guard dogs going nuts when you put on your helmet. Reminds me of our dog! This isn’t related, but when he was a puppy, whenever we would be expecting a package from UPS, we would have to put a sign on the door saying, “Please put package inside door. Dog will destroy anything left outside.” He shredded a couple of packages with clothes in them, not to mention several garden hoses. Thank goodness he’s out of that stage! BTW, I’m definitely ordering that Bryan Kest series from Amazon. It looks amazing, and you get three workouts for a little over $10! Enjoy your ride with your snazzy new helmet! Hope it’s a great day for it! Your making me long for warmer weather when we put my DD in the seat behind me, and the family and I go biking. Going up hills with that extra 30 pounds on the back gives you a great workout! LOL!

Lea - Football AND rest day? Are you a lucky woman or what?

Stephanie

Traci - Thank you for all of your eating information. You really go up and beyond. I just had egg white with hummus and a spinach/strawberry salad from the clean eating mag and have soooo much energy now I feel like I am going to jump out of my skin;-) . I really thank you for introducing Tusca to us. The bookstore said that the book isn't released until the 28th which confused me because nowhere did I see that on Amazon. I will patiently wait until next week......waiting, waiting, waiting.....

Lea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.