Xers Snowfalkes & Snowmen & SugarPlums Sunday

teddy16410

Cathlete
:7 Woke up thinking we'd have a MERRY CHRISTMAS from Wendy.... I hope she got her mosquito bitten booty home for Xmas... Maybe she'll surprise DH & show up on Christmas Eve in a Victoria Secret Santa "Suit":7 :7 :7

http://holidays.kaboose.com/xmas-word.html
For all you with kiddies... heres some free word games - Holiday related of course!

Back with personals in a few!:*

We are off to drop the dog off at daycare, and then to church. It is really windy outside, but not the snow they where predicting. So hoping it is the same for our travels.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Laurie

Hi all,

I did Amy's Slo Mo legs yesterday and a few extra squats, and I don't think I'll be doing that one for a while. Even with what seemed like lighter weights, my back was really tight. So tight that I didn't sleep well. Then I did the first two combos of her KB and it was fun. It's a challenge to move you body a little differently. It's kind of like brain gym for adults.

Well, I didn't take a nap yesterday, but I was alseep by 8:30. I'm not sure what is up with that.

Today is cardio and some yoga, plus some shopping, wrapping, and cooking.

Laurie - Happy Holidays! I think I probably missed you, but have a safe trip.

Traci - I had forgotten about the face comment. We have just a small mirror in the bathroom and poor lighting. You would be amazed at how good it makes one look. DH swears that at certain times of the month my skin is not as tight as other times.

Jeanette - Are we living with clones? DH loves Tombstone and westerns in general. We were watching TBL last week and of course he switches during commercials, which drives me nuts, and he is stuck on something and I'm thinking switch back to the show, and of course he says, "This is one of the greatest scenes ever!" You guessed it; Tombstone. He will watch a movie over and over and over, and I'm not a movie watcher. Oh and he'll tune in the middle of something and watch a scene or two or the ending. I'm like WTH? My lungs/throat felt it Friday after running in the cold. I guess I'll just get used to it. I was fine while I was running, but definitely was coughing a little during the cool down.

Debra - At least after this visit you will be another step closer to the end which is a good thing. I'm sure it will all be OK. I'd probably be stressed too. Too bad it is around the holiday. You are right about the kids, they learn fromt the culture of their family environment. I hope you have something fun planned for today!

Nicole - I don't know, you might be taking Mother of the Year away from Debra and Sandra right now. Nursing and chef and managing DH; that sounds like you are the winner!

I think I caught up with everyone else yesterday. Hi to all who follow. Happy Holiday preparation,

Tracy

:* LAURIE
So sorry I missed you!!! Happiest of all days to you & safe travels!!!

:* TRACY
Did you see Debbies Leg Rotation she posted? I was wondering if you were going that route again since you have gotten the results you want. Hope those KB Combos came easy for you....:+ on DS !!!! He needs to make sure his mom is OK!!! ~ LOL on Brain Gym! thats sounds marketable! Have a fun day with holiday prep!!!

:* DEBRA
I think its very normal to want to look extra awesome when we see any person from our past... ESPECIALLY a man!:+ Healthy? Who knows but certainly normal!:7 ~ Nothing wrong with 2 rest days- many many fit & fine people only workout 5 days a week! I am actually leaving my options open with X Phase 2 to double up on Kenpo & Legs days just so I have a 5 day week.... I can hear the holiday frenzie starting now for you!!! I think its funny how my craziness is all mid month and we are settled into relaxation & pure enjoyment while the remainder of the world goes bonkers! LOL:+ The visit will go well w/ XDH I think only because its the holidays & who wants to intentionally be a scrooge? One can hope at least!

:* SANDRA
WooHoo on the going out without kids + having adult beverage! My word you know how to end the year w/ a bang! Even this childless Xer doesnt do all that anymore! :+ Glad you found Toscas book and even better you can return it- books are like DVDs- to each his own- I adore & respect her but some dont- now who can that NOT be said of? :7 The X-Intro DVd shows Tony naked! I cant believe you mised it!:p Hope the partying with neighbors was great fun for all!!!

:* CAROL
Glad all is well after the funeral and no "memorable" moments occurred- a funeral is a place (IMO) to keep it low key! Dont want any Americas Funniest Home Videos taken - ya know?!:+ Nice workouts & I'm sure you'll see results in that tape measure... You've been a VERY good little Xer.... Unlike a few of us;-) ~ My nephew isnt being promised any homecoming as of yet... all his breathing tubes are still but he is eating from bottle much better.... Sometime in January we can expect him I think - which is exactly when he was suppose to arrive! :7 I'll be heading out to Bakersfield to stay with my niece about 10 days before she has to go back to work...

:* JEANETTE
Hope you & DH made "nice" last night;-) Your little spats dont seem to amount up too much - thats how it is with DH & I too.... I think one of the blessings of marrying later in life is that its a conscious choice that wasnt taken lightly.... DH was married 2x before & myself once.... I think when you understand you are going into it with eyes wide open then the "stuff" thats just part of human nature causes very few ripples.... I *itch alot more to you guys I think - it keeps me from spewing it at him:+ I think being married so long as you are is just an incredible tribute to both you & DH- Getting married young & staying happy thru-out the years is amazing. ~ The clients session went really well- she just came off a recovery week & I we are doing 3 full bodys (new for her) for a week so her body should feel good & shocked! She wants to start coming at 3am 2x a week after first of year... Good for me:+ The rest of business is sloooow but thats OK- I told you all that I wasnt pushing the business into any particular direction--- Its all good in my eyes. ~ BRRRRRRRRR on riding today... Take care of your riding buddy... maybe DRIVE to starbucks today!!!

:* NICOLE
Hope the party was able to bring laughter & joy into your stressed out world!!!:+ :7 I just know come christmas morning all will be in balance again.

Talk to ya later.... Happy Day to Swifty, Amy, Cheryl, Wendy & all MIA Xers across the snow globe:* :*

Hi all,

Most of the presents are wrapped. I didn't have that much since the boys got big items that they already have in hand, well except the bike, and I'll just put a bow on that.

Traci - I didn't see Debbie's leg rotation, unless it is the one she posted a while ago. It had GS legs once a week, and I just can't go there.... I'm sure your business will pick up with the post holiday, OMG, look how much weight I've gained realization. Three am is perfect for you. Glad little Matthew is doing better. That's nice that you are going to spend some time with them. It's always nice to have a helping hand during those first few weeks at home.

I guess I'd better go do some cooking.

Tracy

Happy Christmas Eve Eve!! I am looking forward to tomorrow and Xmas morning...that is for sure. My running around will get done today...and then all I have is a little baking tomorrow...easy pies...no biggie! I am really looking forward to seeing my old BFF tonight. It will be great to catch up and visit for a while. I am thinking I must do cardio today. Not feeling the love for that, though, although I did sleep better last night. I guess the past 2 nights of not sleeping finally caught up. I may either do yoga or maybe go ahead and jump into my 4th week of slow and heavy with Slo Mo. I am going to break that one up, though. Sandra mentioned earlier how Tony changes up working the opposing muscle groups to back and bis and to chest, tris, and shoulders...So I am going to follow that routine for the last 2 weeks of slow and heavy.

Onto personals.........

Jeanette....
Hope you stay warm on your ride today! BRRRRR...it sounds pretty chilly. I didn't even think of the lungs getting all that cold air too. Hope your girls enjoy their squeakies! Polly likes to pull out all of the stuffing before she gets to the squeakie....so I have polyfil all over my house for a couple of days before she actually gets to it. Crazy dog. I watched Tombstone again the other day too...it is playing on one of my movie channels and I just love Val in that one too. You must get 'The Saint' for DH...Val is great in that one!

Laurie...
Safe and happy travels to you!!! Merry Christmas!

Traci...
A 3 am client???? WTH? Only you would enjoy that...LOL! I am with Tracy...I am sure business will pick up after the holidays...Didn't you say you were going to do some extra advertising in January too? Thanks for the game link...I will have to check that out for Julia. What workout are you doing today...or is it a rest day for you? I guess it would be a little much to wear a stunning dress to pick up XDH at the airport, hunh?? I will just settle with some of my new hot jeans...LOL! I am hoping that Wendy is doing okay and the mosquitoes have not carried her and DD away!!! See, you get to be done with the frenzy since you don't have kids...We have the whole Santa thing to do...and that is certainly crazy!! Have you ever tried to open a Barbie doll?? Those things are tied into the boxes with steel rods it seems...Insane! It takes all day on Xmas just to get the darn toys out of the boxes!

Tracy...
I know what you mean about Slo Mo legs...I will do it again this week to see if I like it better...I just felt like I had to be super conscious of my back during the entire workout. I even think I may have skipped an exercise because I knew my back couldn't handle it. I am hoping things go well with XDH, but not looking forward to the whole thing. Obviously your body needed that extra sleep last night!LOL about your DH switching shows in the middle and just watching parts of movies...Another bonus of not living with a man...complete control of the remote...lol!! What kind of cardio are you doing today?? Something inside since the weather is kind of yucky, I guess.

Okay...I am caught up for now...I have to get ready to fight some crowds at the mall so that my diva can talk to the jolly old elf himself. Even though she knows the Santa at the mall is not the 'real' Santa...he is just a messenger, I guess...LOL!

Happy Holi-dazzle!!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Classic/ Week 5/ Day 7/ Rest

Merry Christmas Eve Eve!!

No workout for me today. Yesterday I convinced DH to give KenpoX a whirl with me. He says he really enjoyed it. I enjoyed having the company. He's off work for this whole week, so I have devious plans to make him do an entire week of P90X. }( He's so stuck on P90, and I don't think he pushes himself hard enough. I think if he wants to see real changes he's got to kick it up a notch. Or maybe I'm just feeling sadistic. That's probably it.

Traci....Thanks for the new word game link. DD#1 was doing a 12-days of Christmas crossword puzzle off the northpole.com site yesterday, and kept asking me for the answers. Thing is, I've read the Barney's 12 Days of Christmas so many times this month to the toddler, and I couldn't remember the words to the real song! Did you ever watch the Dancing Santa bit on that website? The way his belly flops around just cracks me up. WHAT?!?! A naked Tony??? Well, why didn't you say so! And why haven't a few members of this list confessed that they've had this dvd on a continual loop for the past year? I have to admit that although I like Tony as a trainer, I'm not one of his drooling fans. I hope to go out with my friends a little more frequently, now that all the bars in the city are smoke free, and I can enjoy one drink without the dreadful repercussions. It's nice to wake up the next day not reeking of smoke and feeling like a truck hit me. I wrote more to Tracy and Tosca's book (scroll down). I'm liking it, btw. What's this?! YOU are going to go help look after the baby?! Seriously?! No, no wait, you're going to look after your niece while SHE looks after the baby, right? I'm kidding, I'm kidding. You're extremely generous to do that. And, ah, you WILL be taking your laptop, right? And maybe a few dumb bells? Gawk!! Did I read that right??? You have a client who wants to come to your house and do a training session at 3AM?!?! I know you aren't trying to push the business in any particular direction, but how about at least trying to push it into the daylight?? :D

Laurie....Merry Christmas!! Have a great trip!!!!

Tracy....Brain gym for adults LOL! I like that! I hope you're not fighting off a germ, if you're feeling really tired. About the lice: I will phone my friend on Monday and see how goes her battle. If it sounds like it's under control, we'll chance a visit. I imagine they should be contained by now. Of course we'll still take precautions such as not letting the kids get too close to each other, etc. And use lots of Tea Tree oil on our hairlines. I understand completely what you're saying about Tosca. I feel the same reservation. I believe adamantly in the scientific method of knowledge acruement. But I also believe that personal experience and anecdotes have their place, as long as the the person receiving the information is aware that what they're receiving is just that. I certainly don't believe that Tosca's views are the final and indisputable way of training. I do grant that her experience in the field offers an insight that I don't have. She writes well, and she does seem to pick up on little things that others ignore. She seems to have a realistic vision of how to train, and the problems people face. She doesn't promise a quick fix, and states outright that "eating clean" is difficult, and something to be consciously worked at. I never take any information source as a Final Word on anything; my years of university training taught me well how to read critically. But I try not to be so cynical about the subjective nature of all writing, even scientific, that I can't find something of value in a work, even though I might not agree 100%. There's usually a few gold nuggets in amongst the sand. The nuggest in Tosca's book, for me, is that she's got me thinking that in 2008 I may attempt to set specific physique training goals and work towards them. She has some suggestions on how to enhance your "v-taper", which is my definite problem area. Speaking of the doctorate, I'm meeting with my supervisor on Jan, ah, 7th, I think. Or the 9th. I'll have to double check the date. But yes, we've got a meeting set up. Hopefully I'll move forward after that. I may need to prepare myself to invest a lot of time in this for the near future, just to get it over with. That may require a cash outlay for childcare, ugh. It's all worth it, right? Right??

Carol....Phew! Caught up in your recovery week just in time to start Week 5! CST is coming atcha! Do you notice any differences in your physique yet?

Debra....So, what's for breakfast today? Another cookie? I attempt to clean my house before company arrives because they have children who play on my rugs and my hardwood, and I think it's polite for them to not have to roll around in the hamster poop that Alicce kicks out of her cage every night. See? I'm nice :) And they leave their boots at the door, so no muck gets transported in. DH would have heart failure if someone walked over his hardwood floors in muddy/snowy boots. They're his pride and joy of our house. I love the glow of Christmas lights, too. Yesterday was the "shortest" day of the year, did you notice? It stays dark here for so long now. The sun just skips over the horizon then drops quickly down again. But from here on out, the days get longer, and I get happier! The Seinfeld Festivus episode was on tv last night. That show is so funny.

Jeanette....Well, that was a fortunate happenstance for you yesterday. You got your workout done, and DH had a nice breakfast. I'm wondering if you did the group bike ride today, or if it was too cold. I used to bike to the university in the winter. We used to live about a mile away, and I'd be out there in the coldest of weather, deepest of snow. I have no desire to ever do that again. Idiot's Delight sounds exactly like what passes for a "chocolate coated peanut butter granola bar" these days. I love Guiness, but yes, it's pretty deep. It took some getting used to, years ago when I drank more frequently. Now I find the lighter beers taste like bitter water. Guiness also has a high amount of iron in it, so it's a nutritional-supplement drink, IMO :) I don't know what the difference is between truffle and trifle. You could be right that the word is "trifle". A truffle is a small chocolate with a cream filling, isn't it? Also, a wild mushroom that is sussed out by pigs and costs a ridiculous amount of money when ordered in a restaurant. Nope, no sign of the nasty lice around here, thank heavens!! Phew! Dang, lice talk always makes my head itch.

Nicole....My, those treats you plan to bake today sound delicious! What do you do with them all? Bring them to the parties? How are the boys today? I hope they're all feeling normal by Tuesday. DD's feeling much better today. She only threw up the one time yesterday, but felt tired for the rest. Maybe it's passed (fingers crossed).

Well, off to do the Sunday stuff. Have a great day!!!!
Sandra

Hi again,

Since the laptop in on the island in the kitchen, it is easy to procrastinate.

Traci - I did see that leg rotation. It's the one with GS every week. I'm straying from a rotation, which I know is not so good, but still loosely sticking to heavy/hard for 2 weeks 2x per week, then moderate for 2 weeks 2x per week and repeat.

Debra - Glad you finally slept. Sometimes when I'm up at night, the only consolation is that eventually I will get a good night's sleep.

Sandra - Thanks for the info on T.Reno. Maybe I'll get one of her books when I have to order books for my last class. Which one do you suggest? I agree with your rational about gaining info. If I can find one or two useful nuggets of info, then it is worth it. As for the goal setting, DS made me aware of that about a year ago. For me, it has made a huge difference with the mindset and ability to persevere when you really don't want to. My goal is to get rid of the last little junk on my legs. Speaking of perseverance. Yes, it is worth spending the money for child care to finish and get the dr.

I guess I'd better get ready to go out. The grocery store and a little shopping are waiting. It's wet dreary and cold here today.

Tracy

!!!!!!! MAJOR NEWSFLASH !!!!!!!

i just picked up a voicemail message from WENDY!!!!!!!!!

She was APPALLED I didnt answer the phone because she "in a 3rd world country" JUST LIKE HER HUH????
:+
All she said was she was sorry she couldnt be with us on check-in & she is OK!!!!!
How incredibly FUN is that!!!!

Gosh I needed that pick me up today guys.....

I think tomorrow may be the day we have to take sandy in... I'll wait for vet to call at 8am and we'll decide....It'll be OK - I think the decision on timing is harder than anything I've ever been thru.... I'll check in when I can but dont worry if I'm not around tomorrow OK???? Christmas Eve is a happy day and Wendell & the boys & I will get thru this..... XXOOXOXO

Traci - Glad you heard from Wendy, but

OH NO................I had no idea things were THAT bad with Sandy.
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}. I've done that twice and it is no fun. I'm sure you've made the right decision and you just have to stick with what you think is right. The timing is bad, but it may help....

Tracy

Traci...
Dear soul...I am so sorry that Sandy is progressing so quickly. I don't know what it is about the holidays with people and pets dying. UGH. My father died on Dec 14, my uncle died on Xmas day, my FIL died a week after Xmas...WTF??? Please give Sandy lots of sweet hugs and kisses from Polly. And for you and Wendell, huge {{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}} from DD and me! I know the timing suc*s...but I am sure you are making the right decision. Please know that my thoughts are with you guys. Sending lots of love down your way.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Hi all,
Had a nice bike ride today, 4 of us rode and the temp was not as cold as last week. Started out in the 30's and ended in the low 40's. Very nice. We rode 18 miles and then finished at Starbuck's for some Christmas blend coffee. After that, I went home, showered, and DH and I went out to a party. Ate too much, but it was really fun, good company, very enjoyable.

Laurie, hope your travels were safe and you are at your folks now. Enjoy your time with them. Are you off all week?

Traci, I'm laughing at how your face is sagging down to your boobs. My face will not ever make it to my boobs as my boobs are heading south faster than my face is LOL. Nice to hear how you and Wendell view marriage. I think maybe I have my various hobbies as a diversion from being too serious about marriage, if you know what I mean. Is this gal serious about showing up at 3 a.m.??? How do you feel about that? I'm thinking, like Tracy, that business will pick up after the holidays. Goodness, there are always tons of commercials on TV that promote working out, eating plans, etc. that come out after Christmas. So Wendy called? Somehow you had that Zen feeling she would try to reach out to us. She didn't say how much longer she would be there, did she? (((Hugs))) for you and Wendell and Sandy. My thoughts are with you. I know how hard it is... So many times passings happen during the holidays because I think people will themselves to stay alive till then. Sandy has been the most blessed dog. In fact, in my next life, I want to come back as your dog. (((Hugs))) again.

Tracy, yes our DH's are very, very similar in their movie likes and TV manipulations. Another favorite for him is Quigley Down Under. He even had a gun made just like Matthew Quigley's. Hope the cold air in the lungs wasn't too bad for you. I've got a feeling that this impending cold of mine will be back, full blown next time. I keep getting these pressure feelings around my sinuses and eyes. That's usually a leadup to a cold for me. Did you get your shopping done today? I only have the dog gifts to wrap.

Debra, thanks for reminding me which Val K. movie I need to rent. The Saint. Surely I can remember that one. I kept thinking Angels. Our dogs pull out the stuffing in the animals once they find a weak spot in the stitching. Takes them a while to get to that point. They just can't wait to get that little plastic bladder out. The bike ride was very pleasant this morning. In fact, I was overdressed, but it was still okay. Very enjoyable ride and great conversation at Starbuck's when we were done. The Christmas Blend hadn't been brewed yet and we had to wait a few minutes so they gave each of us a free pass for a beverage of choice. Hope you enjoy your pie baking tomorrow. Be sure to hide the Mrs. Smith's box when you take a picture for us, okay ;-)
How did the diva's visit with the messenger Santa go?

Sadistic Sandra, glad your DH could join you for KenpoX. Did he get good results from P90? I remember my DH doing it with me about 2/3 of the way through. Then the phone or doorbell rang and boy, was he quick to answer it and never made it back. Thanks for the reminder that yesterday was the shortest day of the year. I love it when the days start getting longer. Makes me think that spring is just around the corner. Glad there is no lice. Hope you dodged that bullet. That was a long ordeal last time.

I've got to go and download some pictures of the fish my DS and his girlfriends son caught today. He wants me to email them to him. He had to go back to Reno today, but will be traveling back here tomorrow night and will stay until the weekend. He's a fishing fool.

Jeanette

CS&T

I'm rearranging the week again so I can fit all of the workouts in. I'll do CS on Christmas and take tomorrow off.

I am sooooo tired! I want to go to bed right now but I have to wrap presents.

The party went well. It was all family so it was nice.

The baking went ok today but I am so bloated now! I bought a pair of pants for Christmas Eve service last week and they are already tight:p I know it will go away but ttom is supposed to be here in a day or two and that extra bloating is a nightmare!

I have to go finish stuff that I still have not finished. I'm so sorry I didn't get to you all today:( I'll try again on Christmas. Of course everyone will be off having fun but I know I'll see some of you.

Every CE all of my brothers and sisters go out with my parents for the day and have breakfast and do last minute shopping together. I'll be leaving early and getting home late so I don't know how popping in will go. I need a rest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll see you tomorrow night,

Nicole

Bring it!!!

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.