Xer's September Saturday....

alsrnbsn

Cathlete
Here's to hoping that Traci and Tracy are able to sleep in today!

Sorry, I was MIA yesterday....it was my sleep day to prepare for work. Man, I slept like a rock, too! It felt good after a couple of nights of super restlessness!

Yesterday's workout was a total body weight and man, did it feel good! I actually wasn't able to finish it all due to time contraints, but it still felt good! I increased my bench press weight to #70, too!!!

Today is walking. If it's too hot, I will probably pull out the elliptical and work on that instead, but we'll see. Thursday wasn't bad, humidity-wise, but Wednesday was a killer!

I hope everyone has a good day and a great start to the holiday weekend!

Round 2 Week 2/ Day 4/ Yoga X

Good morning.
Nice and cool here today. The weekend weather looks superb for working out of doors. Friday's bike ride was good. 3 weeks since I rode. My distance and speed has suffered. Plans are to incorporate 3 days of riding back into the wo's. :)

Amy- WTG on the 70# bench press!:7 Gotta get outside for that walk early to beat the heat I suppose. ;-) While painting my nails last night, I got to thinking of your barbell RTmanicure. IT made me:7

Downdogs to all! BBL.

Happy Good Morning to our TWO Amy's! I was so distraught this morning! Woke up at 315am ready to read all the late personals and I couldnt get the site to load! HORRORS
Its 430 now and I can see I must have been the only person on the planet having issues!

My body is good & fatigued from yesterdays Full Body + extra lower work}(
This morning I'm having coffee with Tony and we'll do Kenpo to get ourselves all rev'ed up for the day.
Not sure what time I'm heading to bay- REALLY not in the mood for all the people who are long weekend visitors plus its raining off & on plus I am enjoying the peace & quiet of no testosterone in the house. I wonder how big of a dog house I'd be in if I didnt go... hmmmmmmmmmm

Back with personals!
ETA::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
P~E~R~S~O~N~A~L~S
::::::::::******:::::::**********:::::::::****

[i ]WENDY-X[/i]
WooHoo on the upper body screamin’ at you! Havent you missed that feeling? GREAT JOB! I do hope you aren’t reading this from a jail cell! }( I think I need to come visit and take you by the hand to deal with your legal issues! LOL on size… Well FIRST I am NOT anywhere near your size! Unless it’s a vanity size like Old Navy Jeans I am happy to fit into a 6-8 pant! SECOND – Wally World has a Juniors dept THIRD you said 111#s – I am a solid 122-127… 127 NOW as I am back lifting heavy. FOURTH – I think perhaps you and DebraX wouldn’t be caught dead actually shopping for clothes in Walmart! LOL- Up until 3 or 4 years ago I wouldn’t have either….I finally learned the absolute joy of bargain basement shopping! MORE CLOTHES!!! Lol ~ Stop enabling Lea X! Trust me- my gal needs no help in blowing off the Tony Bible Penalty Workout! ~ Hope you get some sleep at the pool today. XXOO

[i ]SWIFTY-X[/i]
Happy week 2 of XX! You go girl! :D

[i ]LEA- X[/i]
OUCH! You hurt me with your refusal to follow Tony’s Bible of Penalty Workouts! BAD X’er! I think you had better jump in your car & go ask for forgiveness in person today… }( I do believe you live VERY close to The Man! xxoo

[i ]CHERYL[/i]
Wasn’t that funny about BRA?:+ Sometimes his ultra conservative rearing just appears out of nowhere! I did just as you said and emailed client.. THANK YOU! I also got some verbal quotes to use as well…. I am working on a FAQ page from an interview with my marketing firm: AKA (My best coffee buddy)…. She REALLY does have a small PR business but it sounds so professional plus I get to plug her business name….

[i ]AMY[/i]
So glad you got a great rest yesterday! Probably why you are becoming oh so strong!:eek: Have a good sleep weekend!

Ok- Gotta run and find creative reasons NOT to drive to bay...I mean- I need to go get ready for bay;-)

xxoxoxoxoxoxo

LOL!! Swift Amy....I actually need to get the pedicure re-vamped this week! Bye-bye Barbells!!!

Traci- I hope that you enjoy a wonderful, testosterone-free weekend!! I have them way too seldom as DH can't get out on his own!

Hi all,

Work yesterday was a nightmare. My assistant cannot verbally communicate anything clearly and doesn't understand verbal directions. Next year I will distribute the 850+ documents all by myself. It was not worth trying to get her to help, which is her job. Then the parent of a 13 year old down's kid got mad because staff would not let him hug them. They want him in an inclusive classroom, 7th grade, he carries a Woody doll to school, sometimes gets on the floor and masturbates, and has a 50 word sight vocabulary. It just gets worse from there.

I was realing by the time I left and then I took DS to the airport to go to Scotland. His GF went with us and went in with him to help with the 2 bike bags and stayed in there for 40 minutes and I had to drive around the drop off loop for 40 minutes. By minute 30 I was starting to get a little frustrated. That on top of work was not good.

But, I'm happy to say that I slept until 6:15, but took one Benedyl last night to make sure. I also got my flax oil and took it twice yesterday before bed. I feel much better today. Yesterday I was getting that darn head feeling when things get stuck in your head and you just can't quit thinking about them (like when you wake up in the middle of the night, but during the day). The flax oil takes care of that!

Debra - I would have thrown the roses in the trash and said F you as I closed the lid. No go to he#$, I'll never F you again......He's just prolinging the healing and trying to get some control; like non-verbal abuse. Pardon my language.

Amy - I'm benching 65, so I'm not too far behind you. Get that walk in early, or better yet, you could go later a sweat off a pound or two. It's fake weight loss, but sometimes nice....

Traci - My DH says I'm the queen of excuses. I don't even care if I'm in the dog house anymore. I just do what I want. I relish a weekend to myself. Your summary of the funny comments was hilarious. Great job with the clients.

Sandra - I do agree with Traci, can we nomiate you for "Mom of the year?"

I'll catch up with some other personals later. I want to order those dvds, and I found the protein power I like online for half the cost.

Happy weekend.

Tracy

ROFL:+ Tracy X!
Am I glad we are not living together!!! }( What a nightmare Friday! My gosh it wasnt your day add that to no real sleep for 2 days and the mix is EXPLOSIVE! I am so sorry!
That airport no waiting thing absolutely makes me friggin' INSANE! I'd have made the GF take a cab home! :p

Your post to Debra was a first I believe for you! ROF:+

You'll be happy to know DH called and said a big storm hitting bay this morning.... I took the ball and ran.... Well I'll start cleaning here then....you know once I'm in it I wont want o stop honey....well I sure dont want to be stuck in a 600sq ft room with 3 scared dogs......maybe you should stay and see if you can fish this afternoon.....no reason for all of us to be home bored.... Sandy & I will just have some quiet time..... Sandy cant really attempt those stairs if wet & slippery......My Xers would have been PROUD :7

Looks like I'll get a weekend of peace & quiet at least til DH decides to come home early...... ZIPPITY! }(

Good morning,

Woohoo, you guys are cracking today!

TraciX, I'm thrilled it's storming at the bay and you're going to stay home and play, I mean, clean house.

TracyX, you're feisty this morning! So, is it because I said I wasn't so delicate that I couldn't handle the occasional cus word that you took the gloves off today? ;) Very funny post. I feel your frustration about the kids and the assistant, though. Thank heavens it's a long weekend.

Amy, benching 70lbs? Why not 75? Ha! Just kidding! Awesome!

SwiftAmyX - Back on the bike 3x a week now. Nice. Can I draft off your posts?

This morning I'm going to start making the bread for the week. Mid morning I'll do a cardio coach run (maybe #3 or 4), and an upper body workout of some sort (maybe PUB). I developed a headache yesterday afternoon that just got worse as the day went on. I was in bed by 8:30, and slept solid until the alarm at 5:00. Not sure why I got a headache, I rarely get them. Doesn't matter, 'cause I feel much better now, and since I've started my day off with a few laughs from you guys, I'm good to go!

TraciX told me I should change things up a bit, so this month I think I'll do the September '07 rotation: all circuits. Looks fun.

Me? Mom of the Year? Now I know you guys are on something. My 7 year old very seriously, kindly and politely told me the other day that she liked my friend better than she likes me. So I told her that's okay, because DD#2 is my favourite :p (JK!).

BBL to catch up from yesterday.
SandraX

Ok, so I'm a little fiesty this morning! Maybe DH is right when he says I'm one of the most independent people he knows. No emotional roulette for me.

Traci - I would have been right there with you on the bay trip! I couldn't have run with the excuses any better....Enjoy the weekend. I love some time alone.

Sandra - LOL on DS comment! Yes you "Mom of the year" even if DS thinks your friend should be "Mom of the year." I thought the Sept 07 rotation looked interesting too. When are you starting?

I successfully spent some money this morning in a few short minutes. I couldn't pass on the protein powder though, it was half the cost of what I've been paying in the store.

I'm not sure what workout I'll do today. If DH takes FIL down to FIL's house, I'll ride my bike and yoga, if not I'll do PLB and LM and yoga. I'm sure DH will ask me to go with them and of course I'll have 1000 excuses why I just can't go; tired from work, need to clean, need to catch up on business paperwork, need to go the the store, don't want to spend 5 hours in the car (no wait I'd better not say that one!) etc.. etc.. etc...

Hi to all who follow.

Tracy

Ok, ok, I'm up dressed and ready to work out Miss Traci:p ! I don't know how good of a workout I will get because I have the smell of onion bread uncooking(ha) in the dehydrator. One more day and I get to chomp it down.

Traci X - You are right, I should go over and apologize to the man. I forgot that I live so close to him. Maybe I should go and check out the gym, right??? Guess Laurie and I can't clean your house this weekend. Great excuse, the storm.

Tracy X - I almost spit my water out. It must be the lack of sleep that has you cussing up a storm. Or is it, the trucker coming out of you? Hm?;)

Mom of the Year X - I will check out the September rotation. All circuits huh? Do you lose muscle on that? Have fun making the bread, and hopefully you don't get any more headaches. Ouch!

Swifty X - Good morning to you.

All right, all right, I am procrastinating. Time to work out and catch up with all of you later.

Lea X

Yoga X complete . 1 hour of yard word complete and I’m off to get a much needed massage. My first round, week 2 of P90x sent me to get a massage. The 1st four weeks are hard on my neck and arm. Those pains are due to old injury.

We’re off to camp today and a kiddies b-day party with lots of great food. It should be lots of fun.

Amy-Best of luck with the revamp on the pedicure. I just looked at my homemade job French manicure. Lots of white paint stuck to my fingertips and toes. Yuk! More practice for me.

Traci- Wow you sure know how to get out of a situation. Live it up and have fun while the gettings good!

Sandra- I bought bread flour at the store yesterday. Your recipes always make me say Yum! I’d love a drafting partner. I’ve tried several times with DH. It’s harder than it looks. How much experience do you have? Otherwise, we could wind up with a good case of road rash.

Tracy-Sorry to hear of your black Fri. Lots of luck to DS. Keep us posted!

Hey Lea! Hi! What you have for breakfast this AM? I’m tickled with your diet. I’d love to join you but I haven’t the time or $$. Someday. I’ll have to check the Sept. rotation for fun.

Enjoy ladies!
:7

Good morning ladies,
Never got back on the computer to post personals yesterday. Had some errands to do after work and mainly just visited with DH. I will be working out later in the day today. Think I will bring Grandma over here and she can just watch me do CTX Step & Intervals. Think she will get a kick out of it. I also have a little knitting project that I think I will finish in her presence as she likes to knit and would enjoy me knitting with her. I'll stay busy I'm sure but will like it better if I can be here during the day and take her back to my parents in the evening.

Lea, has it really been 110 degrees in So. Cal? Wow!!! Think it's been in the low 90's to high 80's here. Soon, we'll be getting that smell of autumn in the mornings, which I just love.

Laurie, hope you enjoy this last weekend of Faire. I would really love to see more pictures if you could please post some. Just love your outfits so much! Makes me want to go up to Ashland, Oregon for a nice Shakespearean play and to see the green dancers beforehand. I'm a bad coffee drinker too, like 5 cups in the morning and on weekends, a couple cups in the evening to boot.

Nicole, you spend a lot of time at the grocery store too? As much as Sandra does? I used to only go once every week or two, now it's a couple, few times a week. Yes, I think I'm ready for some easier cycling or at least no more competitions. I'll still be trying to ride a couple to 3 times a week (along with golfing) so will be really busy. I was thinking that our club (what's left of it) needs to schedule our fall color ride in October. I enjoyed GS Legs more than I thought I would. I'm not a fan of standing work, but hey, it's in your rotation so I'm doing it. My legs feel firmer this morning.

Wendy, take care of that driver's license renewal soon, okay? My stepson got picked up on warrants quite a few years ago for stupid stuff that he had neglected, like not paying for seatbelt tickets, loud stereo tickets, dumb stuff he had neglected. They really do come get you and take you to jail!!! But then maybe he hadn't fixed his hair, adjusted his makeup, high heels, etc. LOL! Wow, the hot yoga sounded grueling. Sometimes a workout or experience is tough for me the first time, just because I don't know how hard it will actually get. Once I get thru the experience, it becomes a lot more enjoyable because I know I've lived thru it and can do it again. Reminds me of the only pedicure I've ever had. I imagined this soothing spa-like experience. Instead, it was done like an assembly line type thing, all business and not enjoyable at all. My sister, who had the same idea as I, and I were really laughing afterwards. Can I come to your tea???? Please???? It sounds so yummy. I've never had a cucumber sandwich before. I think I'm just tired of pushing and hurting on my bike competitions for now. I'll back off and hopefully, come back riproaring in the spring. Or not... Maybe I'll be hot and heavy into the golf. However, you can't play golf in the winter here (I'm guessing) so it will probably cycling on the trainer and weekend rides all winter, weather permitting. Have you heard from your DS???

Traci, nice email from your client. Somehow, I'm not surprised. Good job on the Walmart buy!!! I love buying those little tank tops for $5.00. They look good for a few washings at least. Glad you are staying home today. My home will be testosterone free pretty soon too. I'd better go wake him up so he can leave for the camping trip.

Cheryl, glad all is good with your DH. I raised 2 stepkids from they time they were 3 and 4 years old. Could have been a lot worse, but we made it and they still love me.

Sandra, hope the river park was good. You are the best mom at making the time for fun for your kids and yourself. I don't remember my mom doing too much of that. Different era I think. She was a good mom, but I sure remember her smoking and drinking coffee, sewing clothes for us and writing letters a lot when we were kids. Thankfully, she quit smoking when we were in High School. She's super healthy now for her age. What kind of bread are you making? My sister was making persimmon bread yesterday and it smelled so good. Love the comment you gave to your DD!! LOL! You are so witty!

Carol, at least your workout was a productive one. My parents would approve of that, they are so practical. Any kind of physical effort should pay off in the form of something getting done around the house (that's their thinking).

Amy, good workout, 70# bench press? I don't think I have enough weights to add to my barbell to do that. You rock!

Swifty, you'll get back to performing well on the bike soon. Surprising how fast it comes back. Enjoy the solo rides. We could draft together. I'm really pretty good at finding the sweet spot. Drafting is only safe with people you trust. Some people no way would I draft off of.

Tracy, so sorry for you bad day at work yesterday. Glad you could get some more sleep. Makes a big difference I think. For many, many years, I used to be way too independent and drove a wedge between myself and my DH. Vicious circle going on there. Not good in our case. I like it much, much better now. He gives me lots of room, but we also plan lots of stuff to do together too.

Got to go get DH up now.

Jeanette

CTX STep & Intervals

Good Morning All!!!

Well, I didn't make it to the store yesterday so I'm going today. I have to go early because it is so HOT here this week. It has been over 100 degrees everyday! It was overcast and thunderstorms yesterday so it made it even hotter with the humidity. It's supposed to be 105 today so I am going out early to avoid the peak of the heat. Tomorrow it's going to be 109 followed up by more 100+ days, YIKES!!!!!!!! Did I move to the midwest?

I'll bbl for personals when the shopping is done and I'm in the semi-comfort of my own home:)

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Good morning ladies....You are all just what I needed today!!

Tracy...You had me cracking up this morning with your post...and I did pretty much what you said...but I liked the way you put it better!!! I am so sorry you had such a bad day yesterday...but thanks so much for the chuckle this morning! Also glad you had a bit of sleep last night...hopefully your day will be better today. How exciting for you son to be able to go to Scotland. What a wonderful experience! I am sure you will think of just the right reason not to spend 5 hours in the car.

Traci...Glad you will be able to spend a weekend without a lot of testosterone running around. Except for Tony, of course...he seems to have an excess of testosterone! You're right, I don't buy a lot of anything from WalMart...but I LOVE Target! I have tons of clothes and all kinds of things from there! I have this dress I got from Target and I always get tons of compliments on it...It was all of $15!

Amy...Glad you got some sleep last night..and hope you get that walk in without dying of heat today.

Swifty...I know I am probably the slowest biker around...You and Jeanette could ride circles around me. I am looking forward to fall, too, so it will be nice on the bike rides. I am trying to ride a couple of times a week. Have a fabulous massage! I am a huge believer in the healing properties of massage..I have one coming up this week. I swear they keep my healthier with way fewer aches and pains...and much less tension too!

Sandra...Sorry to hear about your headache..but glad it's better this morning. LOL about your 7 year old...I am sure you are mother of the year since she told you her feelings "politely"! My DD sticks her tongue out at me! Have fun with the bread making and your workouts today.

Lea...LOL about your bread "uncooking"! I am glad you have your workout clothes..I haven't gotten out of my pjs yet...but I promise to workout after I post!

Jeanette...Just laughing thinking of your Grandma watching you workout today! Have a good time with her...How wonderful that she is still around for you to spend time with! Persimmon bread sounds super yummy! I have no baking skills at all...luckily there is a great farmer's market close to us so I can get yummies from there.

Nicole...Good luck at the store today..I hate going on Saturday...way too crowded for me. Sorry about your heat...It has been like that most of the summer here...and today we finally get a break but I had really wanted to go to the pool...but it's cloudy! Oh, well!

Okay...I think that catches me up with personals...Thanks ladies for giving me some smiles today...I needed them!

I am planning on doing my iron yoga dvd today, so I will let you guys know how it goes! DD is spending the night with Nana tonight, so I get to go out and have some adult time..WooHoo!

Have a great Saturday everyone and I will bbl to check with you guys.

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Happy Sat Afternoon! I’m still in Houston where I plan to stay…Dh happy as weather cleared & he is fishing …. Everyone’s happy!

Got some carpet cleaning done today… cleaned out guest room in anticipation OF MIL visit while we start vacation a week from Sunday – scoured bathrooms & on & on. Havent worked out yet and now thinking I will just go ahead and dig into Cathes Sept 07 Circuit City today… I have only 1 week before vacation (using Power Half Hour) but may go ahead & start this today… HSTAd sounds like fun actually. I miss the circuits just because of variety.

P~E~R~S~O~N~A~L~S
::::::::::******:::::::**********:::::::::****

[i ]TRACY-X[/i]
Hoping we see you soon or it may mean you are stuck in the car- and probably none to happy about it! Very happy you splurged on a few necessities! I pre-ordered Slo Mo the other day and also received the NROL book- I’ve been reading it in spurts… VERY much along the lines of P90X in terms of Periodization and lifting concepts…Obviously NROL use a lot more equipment but the “rules” are the same. He advocates recovery weeks every 3rd week and has a full years worth of rotations that take you thru all the stages of Weight Cycling. It will be VERY interesting to see what he says in the “women’s” book. His nutrition section is good- his writing style makes me laugh. A good investment for me.

[i ]Swifty-X[/i]
I think I missed you before you went off to camp! Congrats on a successful XX 2nd week completion… I think its GRAET you are pushing it again enough to need a massage already!

[i ]SANDRA-X[/i]
The bad part about letting DH know how very much I have to do is that I actually had to DO IT! LOL… It was needed for sure. I’m sure by now your house smells of freshly baked bread- YUM! How can you eat all that bread (albeit healthy) and not bloat up 10#s? Sorry about headache taking part of your day yesterday but glad you got to bed early. Oh I see we’ll be Circuit City buddies! How fun! I miss following rotations WITH someone. Your banter with DD’s always makes me laugh! Thank heavens you aren’t one of those overly sensitive moms that statement would have locked you up in the bathroom with a box of tissues!

[i ]NICOLE-X[/i]:
Gosh it sounds like you are really struggling with the heat… I cannot imagine life without air conditioners cranked 24/7. Hope you got that shopping done!

[i ]LEA- X[/i]
^5 on putting those workout clothes on so early today! You have me beat and its already 3:30 here. Lawns must get mowed FIRST tho! All this bread talk is causing my tummy to pudge! I want to eat bread & not blow up! I REALLY cant believe you haven’t gone out to seek Tony! He could sign your Xer tank! Take a camera and GO!!!!

[i ]JEANETTE-X[/i]:
How FUN having granny watch you do your w/o! That would probably tickle her… Gosh the team knitting sounds like a Kodak moment in the making. Enjoy!!

[i ]DebraX:[/i]
LOL- So happy we are all keeping your funny bone tickled this week! We are trying our best! I LOVE when I find steals on clothes! Makes me feel superior to the wealthy in some way! LOL Cant wait to here about Iron Yoga and what it compares to….. Have a SUPERIOR weekend!

OKIE DOKIE its time to mow the lawns then do HSTA- Have a great evening all!

WAKE UP AMY!!!!!

Shopping done!

My check engine light came on at the second stop so I am really bummed. It was acting kind of funny and that's when I noticed the darned light:( Just when you think you'll get ahead, something else goes wrongx(

Traci-X, So glad you were able to stay home and get some cleaning done. Way to get out of going to the bay!! That is next up on my roster but it is so hot and muggy, I just want to take a nap. We are definitely getting an air conditioner in March! I am not going through this again!!! I love HSTA. It gets your heart going fast and then you stop right before you pass out. You think, Oh, this isn't to bad and BAM! you're sweatin' up a storm}(

SwiftyX, Are you bragging about your weather?:) It is so nasty here I am GROUCHY!! My boys know to stay out of mommy's way:p Enjoy the bike rides. That will be nice to get outdoors finally. My back and neck hurt too the first two phases of P90X then again at the very end. Glad you could be outside to do yard work. What's that like anyway?

TracyX, So sorry you have such an incompetent "helper". I am no good at delegating responsibility. I am too OCD about stuff and know there is nobody who can do it like I want it done. Hope she picks up the slack soon. My sister has a girl like that working for her. It drives her crazy:p Glad your DS got off to Scotland. What an exciting adventure for him! Yeah, at 3 bucka a gallon, I wouldn't be too happy about circling the lotx( Hope you were able to stay home from FIL and get some rest and a good workout in:)

SandraX, LOVED the comeback to DD little comment this morning:) Quick whit! I cannot imagne baking anything right now. It is too dreadful outside and with just one little window air conditioner, it's out of the question! I went to the store and got snacks for the boys lunches. It's all a bunch a pre-packaged crap, but I am not making homeade stuff until it cools off.

LeaX, I don't know if I could "UN" bake bread:) I guess if I did I might look more healthy like you, but alas, I am what I am;) Did Traci scare you into working out today? She can be quite a drill seargant when Sandra's too tired:)

Jeanette, How are those legs this morning? I have a few DOMS but not too bad. I think my chest is worn out though. I should have made it Power Circuit but oh well, it was fun:) The choreography on this one was pretty simple seeing as how I hadn't even previewed it yet. Enjoy the time with your grandma:) She must get quite entertained with your working out:) Enjoy the golfing! My sister took a golf course this year and just loved it!

DebraX, Yoga, a massage and an adult nigh all in the same day? Can I come visit?:) I am glad you are making time for yourself! I need to do that more often. I am so bummed my car is acting up! It was a miserable day shopping. I had plans to get myself a new skirt but all the winter clothed are out:( It is 105 outside and they have sweaters out! I need some alone shopping time. I kind of thought I would get some but now the darned car needs to be fixed so it's a no go:( Sorry you didn't get to go to the pool today:( I need to lay out ASAP! I am fading fast. So much to do and so little time:p

WendyX, Hope you are not incarcerated!! Maybe you are off on a bike ride or something:) ope you are enjoying the rotation. Oh I just remembered you are at State College:p Hope your DOMS are better! It's not my fault, I'm just a glutton for punishment:)

Carol, Hope you were able to fit a workout in today! Are you glad it's Saturday?

Cheryl, It's Saturday! I suppose that doesn't mean much when you are technically youtr own boss:) Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Is it hot there or has it cooled off? It was 100 when I drove through there in June so I suppose you get hot weather for a bit like us.

Enjoy your weekend everyone! Off to check out the September rotation:)

Nicole

Just back with a quick report on the Iron Yoga dvd. I liked it...I don't think it is for the new yoga practitioner since Anthony Carelli does not give a lot of instruction on form. Basically you are holding yoga poses and using light hand weights...I used 3 pounds. The weights definitely challenge your balance more and I am sure I used a lot of muscles just keeping myself steady. You also do some arm and shoulder raises throughout the workout for added resistance. The one thing I didn't like about it is that it moves pretty slow. He obviously doesn't want you throwing the weights around and hurting yourself, but I still thought it was kind of slow. I will definitely use it again on days where I am not just stretching with yoga... (like Eion or Bryan). To me it's more of a sub for Squeeze...although not nearly as difficult. I think next time I will be able to go a little deeper in the poses the next time I do it since I will know the dvd a bit better. He is no Eion or Bryan though, as far as personality is concerned.

Okay...that's about it for me today. Gotta hop in the shower and get ready for my evening out. I probably won't be around the boards in the morning...after I pick up DD from my mom's we are heading straight to the pool. I may even take a day of rest tomorrow. And get back into my grove on Monday...We'll see how perky I'm feeling in the morning.

Have a lovely evening ladies!
Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Lawns are mowed & now I’m wiped out…. Thinking of a hot shower and watching the boob tube in bed with Sandy- special privilege when boys aren’t home! I shall start the Circuit City Rotation with a smile Sunday morning…

NICOLE X
You poor thing- I can just feel how the heat is getting to you. Maybe after this weekend you’ll get a break & back to your regular temps (which are heavenly!).
Sorry about the car too- when it rains it pours- see Tracy X post for validation of that statement! Smart move getting boys pre-made snacks- The heat in the house could make you pass out! I’d be dining out EVERY NIGHT w/ no air.
Wouldn’t it be fun if you, Sandra, Lea & I all did the Sept rotation? C’mon gals!

Debra X
I hope you have a great evening out with the big people! Enjoy your day with DD tomorrow…Thanks for lowdown on Iron Yoga… If I can find a clip of it I’ll look into it.

Well gang- I bet Amy's getting ready for work about now- so HUGS TO YOU!!! - I'll give ya a kissie as we pass in the night.

Miss all the gals who are MIA today.... XXOOXOXOXOXOXO

Hey, gang!

Well, work is slow again....I got called of.....AGAIN! It wouldn't be all that bad, but they've sucked up my vacation hours, so this is cutting into my paycheck!

Walked about 3 miles tonight, it felt good, but very hot and muggy!

I decided that just because I'm doing a liquid diet for the next couple of weeks, there's no reason no to still enjoy myself....so I'm drinking them from stemmed glasses! Not quite as fancy as wine glasses, but these are the ones I got to take to the beach, so they're plastic, but still nice.

Traci-X, Maybe you could do the rotation Jeanette, Wendy and I are doing now and we can all do the Sept. rotation after that:D I know, I know, the new series will be here by then(I hope) and we'll all be too anxious to do anything but it;) Maybe Cathe will take her time and we'll be able to squeeze them both in before a rotation for the new series starts! Just wishful thinking:D

Nicole

Amy, love the stemmed glasses idea - leave it to you to live a protein drink lifestyle with finesse :)

Traci, glad you got to stay home without being in the doghouse - nice to have the day to unwind.

Debra, glad you liked the yoga. Just what you needed!

I slept in this morning and did just one hour of workout on the TM. It felt nice. I'm enjoying a low key weekend. DH and I about to take my two kiddos to Balls of Fury. Oh, joy. (I'm sure it'll be fine!)

Have a great night, everyone!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.