X'ers SATURDAY! 1/6

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Saturday Everyone!

Phase 3 / Week 1 / REST DAY:7
Ended up not having to fly oot for family crisis! WoooooHoo
Today is rest for me and it is very much needed! For some reason my booty is filled with DOMS since Legs day on Thursday. Ya know the kind that make you NOT want to sit in the bathroom??? lol...:+ Actually there is very little on my body that isnt sore from this past week. Guess thats a good thing!

:D TRACY: Heck of great workout yesterday & Thursday! I will indeed pick your brain about freestyle legs in a couple of weeks. RE:increasing weights. I have always done as many reps as possible with heaviest weight, pause tape & finish alotted time with next lowest. That normally takes me to total exhaustion. I do log how many reps w/ each weight. Hopefully we'll wake up 1 day soon and that little lower tummy pooch will be all gone!

:D DB: Of COURSE you're part of the core group! You're a die hard checker-in-er! lol
4 unass. Dreya Rolls is AWESOME! I still can only do 1 or 2. Maybe its my refusal to become a Dreya clone! heheheeh Enjoy rest day and then H-E-L-L-0 Phase 3!!!!!! WooooooooHoooooooooooo

:D LEA: So sorry about jeans/legs.... Could it just be water in muscles this week(especially since you are really working it hard)? Sometimes mine get a tad larger 1st week after recovery too...just a thought. Have you measured thighs? Overall my thick legs are finally shrinking without all the wt'd work. XA- GREAT IDEA! My Master Series should be arriving in about 10-12 days so my Tony will still be a part of my life after P90X! Cant wait to see how "less buff" he is in Masters......

:D MONICA: Your use of shakes sounds great...those few extra calories are appreciated by your growing muscles I'm sure! Hope you can laugh today with those sore abs that Core Syn is bringing to ya! On Low Lateral Skaters.... I started going really really low and really really wide (covering some ground) ... and trying not to come up. This ends up working my inner thighs nicely as well as more quad action... Also if you make sure back leg is really going back and across ...1 of the guys in back has more the form I'm talking about. Been working really well for me this way. I do it on the football drill ones as well. ^^^^ 5 on making it to the next level!!!

:D Jeanette: Great news on DH working out... Mine keeps popping in to "watch Tony" so I think he's checking out if its "girlie" or not.... AWESOME gains in Legs & Back + CC...Wild woman bringing it!

:D X: Thats terrific about your DH too! Good for you in finding a way to make program work for you! I think alot of people just chuck it all when they feel it cant be done perfectly/by the book. Life happens...

:D DEBRA: {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{debra}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} I'm sure Friday was a very sad day for you. We're here to help you focus on other things. I am so happy you had such a great visit w/ DH!

:D LAURIE: Hope L&B was a killer for ya! I've saved you a seat right next to me at the XA Meeting! lol

:D BUFFY: Hope you get to slow down a bit this weekend! You are such a busy busy lady. Great job fitting in Plyo

:D GAYLE: Hooray on finding a pull up assist that works for you...I think all of us commented that week 1 was trial & error but Week 2 we really were able to get alot more out of every single w/o. Great active day for you Friday!

:D SANDRA: Are you waiting for me to go to bed before you post? You KNOW I hit the sack by 8! Always feel like day isnt quite complete unless I get a Sandra fix! Anyway...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO & ^^^5 on the unassisted Chin Ups! Where did that come from??? I can actually feel your excitement thru the post! AWESOME and pretty darn incredible if ya ask me! LOL on Why I did both Yoga & Legs/Back...DH & I were put on inlaw alert that we may have to take a trip out of town today to divert a family feud & I didnt want to get off track so I just doubled up w/ Yoga (I did really good too!- You'd be proud of my improvements in Vin- whatevers!!!) If you're doing unassisted Chin-Ups my guess ios that swimming will not be difficults once you get back to it! lol

Have a great day to all!!! :7 :7 :7

Hi all happy Saturday,

I am glad it's Saturday. It was a long week for me and I'm finally feeling like the hormones are getting back to normal. Today is kenpox, but I'm not sure exactly what I'll do. The weather is absolutely beautiful here again today. It should be in the 20-30s and it's probably 55 already.

Traci - Glad you are resting today. You never know, maybe shaking up the rotation just a little will give you some added benefit.

Sandra - There really just aren't enough hours in the day. Unassisted chinups! Wow! It's so exciting. I'm still about where you are, but definitely improving. I can do pretty good on the close grip overhand pullups too. I think one more rotation and I'll really be bring it!

I am so glad that everyone is seeing results and feeling good about their gains. After working out in a bubble for years, this checkin has given me motivation and awareness to work hard each and every workout.

Bring in again today ladies and I'll BBL.

Tracy

LEAN/Phase 2/Week 1/Day 4

Happy Saturday X’ers! Wow, the check in was really busy yesterday, too! I didn’t get a chance to get here yesterday, so I hope it’s OK, if I comment on yesterday’s discussions. Before that, however, I have a question. On Wednesday I did Core Synergistics, and Thursday I did CardioX, and Friday I did Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps followed by ARX as the manual describes. Well, I felt like the CardioX did absolutely NOTHING for me. My heart rate didn’t get up there and I really felt like I wasted 43 minutes of my time. I had done it once before, but I’ve done PlyoX since then in place of CardioX. Well, I felt guilty for straying from the scheduled workouts so I went back to CardioX because I figured it was there for a reason. I really feel that I need more cardio on that day, but then I think maybe I’m supposed to have a less intense day to prepare me for the next day’s weight work. What do you guys think? Should I go ahead and do the more difficult cardio or stick with CardioX? BTW - OMG!!!! I LOVE Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps! I couldn’t believe I could do all those pushups! (I modified on my knees a lot, pretty much with the lady in the video.) I really felt more core on those pushups and I can really tell that it’s getting stronger since I could do a lot more than I usually can! Woo Hoo! I was surprised that so much of doing pushups is a strong core. Then I did ARX and didn’t even cry! I did more of the exercises with less breaks than ever before! However, I did YogaX today and it didn't go so well. I didn't get any sleep last night for no apparent reason, and I'm pretty sore from Ch-Sh-Tri's. That was a new one for me, so I guess my body is confused.

Traci - I bet that feels good knowing you don't have to go out of town today! What are you going to do on your rest day? Sounds like you can really use it! It's amazing that at Phase 3, people are still getting DOMS! This program really is impressive!

Deb B - I have to agree with you on Legs and Back. I do not like it and unfortunately, I have to do it once a week throughout the whole program. I actually like the leg work, but all those pull-ups are really uncomfortable for me and I completely dread them! I guess we’ll have to grin and bear it together, huh?

Gayle - LOL about the crane! There is DEFINITELY no way I can do it. I’m barely flexible enough to get my legs on my arms like that. I sort of tilt up and back a few times. I’m sure it looks very yoga-ish. Hey, I’ll be jealous when you can go the whole minute! I’m so envious of your swims at the Y! Enjoy it!

Laurie - Welcome to the group and if you’re a P90X addict, you’ve come to the right place! Wow, you’re already on Phase 2! What kind of results are you seeing so far?

Tracy - OK, I’m slow. I don’t get the $1,000 motivator in your workout area. By the way, WOW! That’s about all I can say about being able to do the behind the leg grab from prayer twist! That is so impressive! I can do it on one side, but not the other, and not for very long because my legs start BURNING horrendously! I still have the lower ab pooch too, but I think Tony’s ARX hit’s the lower abs really well. Hopefully by Phase 3, I can see that reduce a little. I’d love for mine to look like Cathe’s.

Jeanette - That’s great about upping your weights on Legs and Back. That gives me some hope, since during Phase 1, my weights stayed the same. I have to do Legs and Back on Sunday, so hopefully I can report some progress there.

X - I was very interested in your modified Lean Rotation. I noticed that you have the more intense plyometrics between your weight work and you are going to alternate with IMAX 3. This might answer my question from above. I definitely am going to sub KPC for KenpoX this week because CardioX did nothing to get my heart rate up and I really need a good cardio. What do you think about doing Core Syn, Plyo, Ch-Sh-Tr, Yoga, Legs and Back, KPC, and then Rest Day?

Monica - Hey girl, you sound just like me with Core Syn! I love that workout, but I totally have difficulty on sphinx push ups (gotta go to the knees) and the prison cell push-ups. The Lunge Kickback Curl Press is my favorite because it works my upper body and I really concentrate on getting low on the lunge so my legs are burning, too. I never thought I would say that I enjoyed an exercise that made my whole upper body and lower body burn! LOL! I did Yoga X today, too.

Lea - WOW, way to go on the eating clean! I bet your body feels great! I really need some advice on how to eat clean since we eat out so much! We’re always traveling here or there for one of our kids’ events! No place has healthy food and frankly, in the winter, I’m not much into salads. I usually get a chicken breast sandwich with no condiments and take it off the bread. You can do sphinx pushups? You have to tell me, what’s your secret? What’s the deal with the Tony and Dreya boob grabbing thing? I missed that!
Why do you think your jeans may not be fitting in the legs? I was hoping that since I wasn’t lifting heavy on legs, they might decrease in size. I guess it’s one of those trial and error things where we have to see what works for our bodies.

DB - Hey, let me know when you can do the Chatarunga runs! I attempted it the first time I did the workout and I haven’t tried it since. Yikes! I have Cathe’s Legs and Glutes, but I’ve never done it. I’m really interested in it now. Do you think it tones down the legs better than some of her heavier lower body stuff, such as Pyramid Lower Body?

Buffy - How’s it going today? I really like PlyoX, too. The LEAN rotation doesn’t use this workout, but I’m hoping to incorporate it more in the future. Really fun with a lot of different exercises that keep the workout moving right along.

Well, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Looking forward to reading everyone’s posts today!

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie! I know that cardioX is the cardio of choice for Tony because he's trying not to deplete your ability to lift heavy on wt days as well as resisting the "burning muscle" theory. I havent really heard of anyone who has actually followed LEAN 100% so maybe the BB Boards are the place to go. My personal opinion - now in Ph 3 of Classic... I wish I had NOT added cardio to my week phase 1. I was so worried about gaining weight that I did. I actually feel I did indeed hurt my ability to lift heavier as I was really really tired and not eating enough carbs (wanted to lean out). When I do life after P90 and my next P90 round I will not be going back to ultra hard / long cardios except 1x per week. I totally believe in the format now. Having said all of that... Every body responds differently. So I think you should pick 1 way you want to go this entire round... STICK with it and see results. Next time do it the other way and stick w/ that....THEN & only then will you be able to honestly compare what works for your body.
CH-SH-TRI is a KILLER! Great job on all your gains!

Have a great Saturday!

Morning Tracy! SOOOOOO Happy the hormones are starting to level out! Enjoy it while you can!!! Are you thinking Kenpo & a run today???? I've done Kenpo + Legs & Back before and honestly it was a FABULOUS w/o (if you can take a rest the next day!) I'm with ya on the "bubble" workouts... I agree this has been a wonderful experience all the way around. I guess we "old dogs" can indeed learn new tricks! Feels GREAT!

Hi, ladies.

Classic/Week 1/Phase 1/Day 6

Setphanie...I'll be interested to hear comments to your question about Cardio X. I am a CARDIO ADDICT and even after Plyo X and today's Kenpo X, I was so tempted to jump on the treadmill. lol

Tracy-Enjoy your run....I have a feeling you'll end up going outside instead of doing Kenpo X. lol

Traci-enjoy your DOMS! LOL. Something sadistic about loving DOMS, isn't there? LOL

I'm sore as well. Across my upper back, my outer upper back, my tush, and especially my inner thighs. Yesterday was a very active day for me between Legs & Back, swimming and Pilates, so I'm not sure which activity is responsible for which DOMS! LOL

This morning was Kenpo X. I have to say. I loved it. No high impact jumping like the blasts in Kick Max. No hopping around like Cardio Kicks (which is, btw, my FAVORITE kickbox workout of Cathe's). Yet Kenpo was hi intensity with all that punching, kicking, horse stances. And that stretch in the beginning, 10 minutes? OH MY! My body needed that. Another winner in my book for Tony!

Then I plugged in Stretch Max #1 because I really needed more stretches after Kenpo. Felt GREAT!

We're headed to the Y this morning. Both my boys have a swim lesson/practice. I'll be in the pool as well AGAIN doing laps and practicing NOT drinking half the pool water! LOL

Have an AWESOME day!

Gayle

CL/PH2/WK1/DAY6

Wow, so many of you are always up and at it so early! I'm just lounging here, enjoying my first cup of java for the day. Today is going to be KenpoX for me, but I'm feeling stiff all over. I need some time to slowwwwwly get into the day. I tried to sleep in this morning (actually stayed up until 11pm last night:eek: ), but DD1 came into the room at 5:30am, crying from a really bad dream. Oh, it was a nasty one. Poor thing.

Traci - How did I miss the bit about you possibly going away for a family crisis? I guess I skipped over more than I thought I did the other day. Sorry about that! I'm relieved that you didn't have to go, though. Seeing improvement with YogaX? Way to go!! The nice thing about practicing something is that practice ONLY makes you better. I'm not sure where the u/a chins came from. I've had this feeling for a long time that it's all about the form; I have the strength, just don't know the right technique. I mean, the women in P90X who can do the chin ups don't look super-muscular. So, if they can do them, why can't I? I also think that a large part of taking our bodies to the next level in anything is mentally adjusting to how it feels like to do a particular thing. So, you have to pay attention to what it feels like in your brain, not just in your muscles. And with repetition, you become familiar with that motion, and it becomes more mentally comfortable. I don't mean to sound preachy; just trying to explain how I confront physical challenges. I don't intentionally wait until you turn out the light, honest! Believe me, on days that I don't get to play on the computer until late in the day, I miss it and look forward to it. And then I think, "Dang! I have to wait until the morning to see what Traci has to say."

Tracy - Why not do KenpoX outside, with a portable dvd player? :p When I did the u/a chin ups, I felt my lower lats engage much more than I have before. If I can increase my count a bit more, I think they will do great things for my lower back and core. Another improvement I've noticed is that I can go faster on the assisted pull/chin ups, too. Speed really is your friend with these, isn't it? Unfortunately, I'm a bit tentative about the speed because I fear my Power Gym will come loose and I'll fall. Okay, okay, I have to admit that already happened somewhere at the start of P90X, and I fell flat on my back. Fortunately I didn't get hurt, but it made me very cautious about the stability of my bar. DH is trying to figure out a way to put up a secure bar for me. I anticipate that I'll do better once I have a bar that I feel I can jerk a bit harder. When are you going to do another rotation? And which one will you do then? When I'm done the X, I'm going to insert pull/chin ups into Cathe's weight workouts. For example, Pyramid Lower Body, with pull/chin ups inserted between each body part (might be a good sub for P90X Legs & Back workout, in a faux-P90X rotation).

Stephanie - You own Cathe's LG....AND YOU'VE NEVER TRIED IT?!?! OMG, girl, run over to your workout area and preview it RIGHT NOW!! I would even tentatively suggest you sub it next week for Legs & Back. It's a fun, fun, fun workout without a barbell in sight. The premixes with KPC are some of the finest premixes Cathe has (second only to the SB/SJP premixes, IMO). I fully intend to use it in a faux-P90X rotation some time in the future. And see if you can stop yourself from singing along during the standing leg extensions ("I can't go for that...Nooooo....No can do!").

Gayle - It sounds like you're having so much fun with the swimming. You make me want to go grab my suit! The family may just have to go the rec centre tomorrow morning, so I can get a quick fix in the water. I know DD1 won't mind - she's a fish. She spent a good 1 1/2 hours in our friends' outdoor hottub yesterday, and only got out 'cause we offered her food. The thing I've come to appreciate about the P90X cardio is that it energizes me more than drains me. I used to think a cardio workout wasn't finished until I was officially t-i-r-e-d. Now, I'm loving that when I finish a cardio, I'm raring to go. I have more energy for living the rest of my life (which, as you know, is physically demanding when you have small children). The first time I did KenpoX I had to really restrain the urge to do the KickMax Blast Challenge. I agree that it's a great workout. I look forward to doing it later today.

I need to go eat some breakfast. I'm not sure when I'll do KenpoX today. DD1 decided earlier this week that we are getting a pet today, and wants to be at the pet store as soon as it opens. So, we may be out the door early today, or I may be able to convince her to be patient. I agreed to the pet thing, as long as it's something small in a cage (eg. hamster). Despite her cross-my-heart promises, I know who's going to be taking care of this critter in a couple of months (weeks?).

Hello to everyone who follows! Have a great day!
Sandra

This is just a quick post -- I'll be back later for personals and more. I am getting ready to do Yoga X this morning but had a question that I wanted to get posted. Did anyone else find themselves starving during their recovery week? For some reason, yesterday after Core Synergistics I was starving all day. I couldn't ignore it. I ate non-stop until I went to bed late last night. I am not exaggerating when I say that I think I ate 3,000 calories yesterday. Then this morning, I woke up starving again. Anyone else have this experience?

Monica

monica-
Quick post-
YES I believe its "normal" to be more hungry during recovery week... 2 thoughts (I could be TOTALLY OFF BASE!)
1. You are doing more calorie burning workouts for 6 days
2. Since muscles grow when they are at rest they are searching for nutrients...
Thats my physiology 101... Any other thoughts out there?

Classic/Phase 3/Week 1/Day 6

Hi everybody. Just finished with Kenpo X and it was really tough today. I had the major DOMS in my legs from yesterdays back and leg workout. Tomorrow is definately a X Stretch day for me. My DH said that he would join me too.

Traci - Hi, my name is Lea, and I am an X addict!! Isn't it amazing the DOMS that we are getting this week? Maybe a massage is in order;-) . That lower tummy pooch is a hard thing to get rid of isn't it? I am hoping and praying that mine will be gone by the end of this round. Thanks for the suggestion on the legs. I know in my mind that if I don't want to bulk up, I should lift lighter weights, but hey, it's fun to see how strong I can be...so frustration it is going to have to be for a little while. My body has changed so much clothes wise during this program. But I am loving it. Maybe DH will buy me a whole new wardrobe!!! LOL. I can't wait for you to receive the P90 Masters. I like the fact that Tracy Marrow (sp?) is on a few of the workouts too. She is one chisled gal. Well, rest up today and enjoy it!!

Tracy - Great job on bringing it yesterday with legs and back. How did you feel for the rest of the day? I really felt it this morning. As far as the weights on my upper body routine, I do the 8-10 reps one. Want to get some muscles ya know. When I can do more than that with good form, that is when I know that I need to increase the weight. Have a great time with the outdoors today. The weather sure is changing all around. There's even an article about it on yahoo this morning.

Stephanie - I know that a lot of people can't stand Cardio X because of the non intensity level. I would say stick with it. It is in the rotation for a reason. I really don't think that they threw this one in there just because they had nothing left to do. There's a reason for everything on these workouts. Great job on the pushups AND ARX. Sorry about the yoga though. There are good days and then there are bad days. Oh, and keep trying on the sphinx pushups, one day they will surprise you!!! Good luck on the trying to eat clean on the run. Can you prepare food ahead of time and take them with you? That is probably the best suggestion that I can give. I went out with the mommies yesterday and I am the only one into clean eating and fitness, and boy the jokes that I got carrying around a gallon of water. But hey, it's all for health right?

Gayle - I am so glad that you are liking the workouts. Enjoy your swimming lessons. Very funny on drinking the pool water. LOL

Monica - Yes. I always get hungry during recovery week. I am glad that you listened to your body and fed it when it was hungry, because that is definately what it needs to grow and repair muscle tissue.

Sandra - Don't all of us moms feel underappreciated? We work and work and love and get up any hour of the night while the DH is snoring away, and still it goes unnoticed. What are you going to do? It is the life we chose, so we can't get too upset. Sorry that your DD had a bad dream. Those are always sad to hear about;( . You know I actually tried to look up stuff on Tony, and really nothing. Oh well. Have fun doing Kenpo today. I hope that you can fit it in. You have to let us know what pet you are getting.

Jeanette - Have a great day today. I know that you brought it on your workout as you always do.

Hi to anyone else I missed. Until tomorrow...

Lea

Hi to all!!
classic/ph 2/week2/day 2ish

Well, here I am trying to get back to a regular routine and I slept until 9:30 this morning!!!!!!!! Any hoo....I am supposed to do plyox today...but I may switch around and do kenpo...but I really haven't made up my mind yet...I did Chest, Shoulders and Tris yesterday and have pleasant DOMs today! I will be glad to get back on a regular schedule this week.

Sandra...Good luck with the critter shopping! Hope your DD got back to sleep after her bad dream. Poor thing! Have fun with Kenpo today! I can't beleive your bar came loose! That's pretty scary! Glad you weren't hurt!

Monica...It sounds like you got some good advice from Traci...Just try to eat as clean as possible when you're feeling so hungry....I know, easier said than done!! Good luck!

Gayle...It certainly sounds like you had a busy day yesterday!!! glad you liked Kenpo..I really like this one too! Hope you have fun at the pool with your boys!

Stephanie..Congrats on having a great workout with CH SH Tris yesterday...I know that CardioX is supposed to be easier..but I would think that you should be getting your heart rate to between 65-80% of max and if this is not doing it for you, maybe you should find another steady state that will. You should probably not do anything like plyo or Imax since I think you shouldn't be entering into your anaerobic rate. At least that's my take on it...Good luck! YogaX is hard to me any day, so I'm sure with your lack of sleep it was just a bear!!

Tracy...Hope you are getting outside today and doing something fun! I understand what you mean about being in a bubble! I am glad to have other people tp share my fitness passion with!

Traci... Well..I don't know whether to advise you to drink lots of water to help your muscles recover or to say don't drink anything so you won't have to sit on the potty!!! Have a wonderful day of rest..and glad your family crisis has been everted, or at least your participation in it has!

Happy day to all...and to all who follow!

Debra

PS Sorry I missed you Lea..I was interrupted about 20 times when I was posting so you snuck in! Have a great day!

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi All!

Classic Hybrid/Ph1/Wk1/Day5

Legs and Back. Once again, I love the workout. I have heard a lot of feedback that some ladies miss the heavy weight work on legs that Cathe does. I don't! Tony said it best about 2/3 of the way through the w/o, something like, "all these guys doing leg extention after leg extensions and squats til they drop...you gotts mix it up and confuse the muscle to see real changes...". And that is how I feel. I have never done the likes of some of those leg exercises. Once again, if you do proper form, they are challenging!

Traci, as always, thanks for steering this wonderful thread with such great ladies!

So Stephanie, to reply to your question:

"What do you think about doing Core Syn, Plyo, Ch-Sh-Tr, Yoga, Legs and Back, KPC, and then Rest Day?"

I think that for those of us who are really trying to burn fat while taking on this exciting challenge, we may have to adjust some of the workouts. If I was at a respectable body fat %, no, let me re-phrase, WHEN I am at a respectable BF%, I cannot wait ti do the Classic exactly as written. It's fool proof for strength gains and getting the most ripped in your life.
But I have to focus on leaning out more than strength this rotation. It's a tricky balance. What I have done is read alot on the BB forums about the P90, P90MS and SI6 rotations. I am learning that the way they set up the lean rotations is somewhat like:

MS Lean

Weeks 1 thru 3

Monday: Core Cadio
Tuesday: Cardio Int
Wednesday: Sculpt 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
Thursday: Sweat 5/6
Friday: Core Cardio
Saturday: Cardio Int
Sunday: Rest

Week 4

Monday: Sweat 1/2
Tuesday: Core Cardio
Wednesday: UML
Thursday: Plyo
Friday: Cardio Int
Saturday: Sweat 3/4

Weeks 5 thru 7

Tuesday: Plyo
Wednesday: Sculpt 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
Thursday: Sweat 5/6
Friday: Core Cardio
Saturday: Cardio Int

Week 8

Monday: Sweat 3/4
Tuesday: Core Cardio
Wednesday: UML
Thursday: Plyo
Friday: Cardio Int
Saturday: Sweat 5/6 Ab Ripper 200

Weeks 9 - 12

Tuesday: Plyo
Wednesday: Sculpt 5/6
Thursday: Sweat 5/6 Ab Ripper 200
Friday: Plyo
Saturday: Cardio Int Ab Ripper 200

So I have been trying to mimick this using P90X and Cathe while respecting the fact that the Classic Rotation is a near perfect work of art!

God I love this stuff! Enjoy your weekends!

X

Good morning everyone!

CLASSIC/PHASE 2/WEEK 1/DAY 6

It's soooo nice to not have to rush to post on this thread. Usually in the mornings I am very pressed for time. DH is still in bed now, my KenpoX workout is finished, I just finished eating and now time to post :7

KenpoX went very well today, again with my weighted gloves. I've got to tell you guys that I ordered these off of Amazon and when I received them, the left one felt a little heavier. It may even be a left hand glove from the 1 1/2# version that is also sold (possibly a return)?. But I rationalized not sending them back because my left shoulder and arm is weaker than my right so I thought it would be good for me to have a little more weight there. I'm glad I made that decision. I brought it good with this workout today, really focused on my core a lot of my punches too and got deep in my horse stance. The black guy is the only one that does that in this workout, though Tony keeps telling them to get into a horse stance. Wesley and the gal barely bend their knees. Maybe they are showing modifications? I enjoy this workout a lot and think I will try to get DH to do it along with me sometime, modifying of course.

I did AbX last night while DH was on the phone. After that, he donned his sweats (I'm lucky he took off his logger boots LOL) and I helped him on the Bowflex, giving him my full attention, which he likes. I also had to put on a CD from his new "Time Life Malt Shop Memories Collection". He's hopelessly lost in the 50's, but that music sure makes him happy. Anyway, I'm trying to design a program for him that he will stick with so I had him work abs (crunches on the Bowflex) and then chest & triceps only. I think splits every other day will work for him, giving him a short session of around 1/2 hour each time. Think for ab work, I'll mix it up with stability ball stuff, planks, and not just plain crunches. I'm trying to make this a doable thing, but of course it's got to come from him. I will not beg him to work out, as we all know, that never works. I mentioned him doing KenpoX with me today and he suggested a walk instead, so that's probably what we will do. I'm glad he suggested it and it'll be good to get the dogs out too.

Traci, I'm very glad that you didn't have to go out of town and that the family crisis was averted. Legs & Back ALWAYS gives me some soreness. Funny how in the past on my workouts, I rarely got sore. KenpoX will get me too. So you refuse to become a Dreya clone LOL! Me too. I've only done Core Syn and the Dreya rolls twice. I have to watch the back of my left knee the first few times I come to standing on that one. Unassisted, I haven't tried those yet. Traci, I am trusting the program and finally, my legs are shrinking, which is a huge accomplishment for me. Less jiggle. Yes a freestyle routine is in the future I can see that. Now my butt hasn't really gotten any smaller, but maybe we are working our way up? Hope so. I think I'm looking more hourglassish from the back, shoulders getting wider, waist narrower, hips the same, but hey, as long as the hips don't get bigger. Enjoy this well deserved rest day! I have housework that must get done. Sigh.

Tracy, enjoy the weather and your workout today. Wouldn't it be awesome to do KenpoX outside? Bet my neighbors would gawk and think I'd really gone off the deep end for sure. You are sure right about the motivation and awareness of working out now. I no longer want to be a robot moving along with the TV.

Stephanie, I haven't done CardioX yet so I can't comment on the intensity. I've heard some folks say that PlyoX isn't that intense but it is for me so maybe CardioX would be a workout for me too. I've always been comfortable and enjoyed non-intense workouts myself (Christi Taylor for example) and think there is a place for it. I for one, was getting heavier and puffier on too much cardio so I'm pleased to be doing less of it. I think Traci gives good advice and believe you should stick with the plan. That way, you will know what or what not to do next time. The only extra cardio I'm doing is a Cardio Coach one evening on the bike and the group bike ride at a moderate pace on Sundays. I enjoyed CST on Monday and did modify some of the pushups, but enjoyed the variety. I was thinking that in the 2nd Phase, doing Legs & Back I would have to start with lower weights or reps on the pullups (I do lat pulldowns) but found out otherwise so I was pretty happy. I think the re-focused rest week thing is super and will incorporate it into future rotations. I wanted to see the Tony/Dreya boob grab but didn't take the time to watch the video.

Gayle, glad you enjoyed KenpoX. No dread thing for me, whereas all of KPC is pretty intense for me. I like these shorter cardio workouts. Also, I bought some weighted gloves and that helps boost the intensity some and give your shoulders and arms a better workout. I love the stretch and the music at the beginning of KenpoX too. Enjoy your time at the pool.

Monica, no, I wasn't starving during Recovery Week. Only on the first few days of Phase 1. My stomach now feels healthier and I get to eat more calories. Before P90X, I ate few calories (around 1200) and rarely felt hungry. My body was soooo shut down and protecting itself from starvation. I welcome feeling some hungriness knowing that my metabolism is now working. Enjoy your yoga this morning.

Sandra, have fun shopping for a pet. I remember having hamsters and guinea pigs, chameleons, birds, etc. while growing up. Once when we were kids, my sister put a parakeet up my dad's pant leg and it starting crawling and clawing it's way upward. My dad really wanted to bash the poor little bird but couldn't of course. We finally got the bird back. I'll never forget that scene LOL!!! I know what you mean about having more energy after a cardio session. I love carrying more energy into my day.

Lea, you addict you, I have a massage scheduled for Monday after work and really looking forward to it. I'll be doing CST in the a.m. and a massage in the evening. I should get up earlier and be able to do AbX in the morning so I don't ruin the effects of my massage by having to do Abx after the massage. That is soooo cool about your body changing clothes wise with this rotation. I feel (hope, hope), like I almost have a little more length in my legs due to a bit of slimming their. Love it that my shoulders and chest seem wider, without bulkiness. And I'm only at the start of Phase 2! Which gal is Tracy Morrow? Is she on the website?

Must go shower, do some housework and remind DH of his request to do a walk instead of KenpoX.

Good workouts, everyone. I'm sooo thankful for this checkin.

Jeanette

Debra, enjoy your KenpoX today or whatever you decide. Glad I already got PlyoX in earlier. It sure feels nice to sleep in sometimes.

X, I sure think Tony is right on with the muscle confusion on the leg stuff. I am definitely enjoying and seeing results from what we are doing now. I hope I never hoist another barbell to my shoulders again for squat work. Again, smarter and not harder! You've been researching rotations, good for you. I think we are all wondering what to do next. I refuse to go back to where I was before.

Hae a great day!

Jeanette

This morning I did Shoulders and Arms. Great workout. Then I did Cardio Coach #3. Also a good workout.

Stephanie - I agree re: CardioX. I've done it once and I really felt like it was a waste of time. My HR never got up. I'd rather just jump on the treadmill for some cardio coach. I know with that I'll definitely get my HR up and sweat like crazy.

Tracy - Enjoy KenpoX. I'll do that one tomorrow along with Legs & Back.

Traci - Enjoy your rest day, you deserve it.

Gayle - Lately with Kenpox I've been holding 1 lb. weights. I think I get a better workout. I tried that with KPC last Sun and boy was I sore the next day. But, KPC is MUCH harder than KenpoX IMO.

Monica - I think we all get those hungry days where you just can't get enough to eat. Maybe your body is telling you something. I say, feed your hunger, just make it clean food instead of junk and you should be fine. (BTW, I don't always take my advice and sometimes just eat the junk }( .

Going out for sushi tonite. I've decided not to drink any alcohol for the rest of the month. I've been suffering from allergies later and I think its alcohol related. Bummer cuz I love me my wine.

Buffy

Hi all,

OK, so I’m off the rotation, but I just couldn’t help it. I ended up riding my bike 42 miles today. I averaged 15mph which was pretty good for me considering I haven’t ridden for a few weeks and there were lots of people out. I actually met up with some guy who was riding and had someone to talk with for 30+ miles of the ride. It was quite enjoyable. I’m going to definitely do arx later (missed it yesterday) and possibly kenpox.

One more thing. While admiring my new physique in the mirror and seeing if there is any sign of a six pack, (ok I know it is ridiculous) I think my obliques are getting bigger and not in a good way. Any suggestions? Maybe I’m not doing something right. They are almost sticking out farther than my hips.

Stephanie – I’m not one to comment on the cardio. I’m not nearly as sensible as the others who check in. I haven’t been able to give it up. I think ch/sh/tri is all about the core. There is no way to do all those pushup variations without the support of a strong core.

Gayle – Great job on the swimming and everything else. Just be mindful of overtraining. I was going like that in phase one and after 3 weeks it hit me hard.

Monica – I didn’t find myself more hungry. I’m more hungry after heavy weight workouts, but everyone is different. I foudn myself in exactly the opposite position and don't think that I ate enough yesterday.

Sandra – I agree totally that pull/chin ups are partly mental. I’ve never asked my body to do that motion and it’s not easy. Especially pulling up from when the arms are fully extended. It’s like in my mind I can hardly figure out how to engage the right muscles. I’m actually surprised when it happens. Dreya doesn’t look that muscular so there is hope for me too. Glad you didn’t get hurt when the bar fell. Mine is so high that I have to stand on a ladder to grab it.

Lea – I think that I’m going to try the 8-10 reps for a while to see if I can get my weights up a little more. I think I could definitely curl a lot more if I do 8=10 reps. I guess I just was stuck in the old 12-15 mode.

Jeanette – I’m going to use the weighted gloves today or tomorrow when I do kenpox. I think that will help me from having to punch so hard and possibly twist my back again. I thought about you today when I was riding. It was so good to get out. I feel so free when I’m riding my bike; you’d think I was a kid.

Debra – I know about indecision for the workout. This week more than any other I’ve considered straying from the rotation. This is the longest I’ve ever stuck with a rotation; I like to do my own thing sometimes.

X – Thanks for posting the rotation. I’m still on the fence about what I’m going to do my month between p90x rotations. No matter what I do though, I will always have a push up medley day in my rotation. The benefits that I’ve gotten from pushups have been really good for me.

As usual, great comments from everyone.

Tracy

Hey Buffy,

Sorry I missed your post. I love shoulders and arms. It's one of my favorites. I see you haven't given up your cardio either. I just feel so much better with a little cardio. I guess I'm going to have to live with the detrimental effects it may have on muscle gains. Enjoy the sushi and your evening out.

Tracy

Hi Traci,

So what can you tell me about the Master's Series??? I see that you have ordered it? I can see that I'm going to miss Tony after I'm finished. He kind of grows on ya. I figured I'd go back to Cathe for a month or 2 and then back to another P90X rotation.

Hi Jeanette! I need to send you an e-mail. I miss you! :)

Hi to everyone else. You are all doing so great with your workouts!!!!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi gang- just stopping in to see how your weekend is going!

Gayle; Glad to hear you loved Kenpo too! My new favorite low impact workout! Gets me every single time!

SANDRA: Hope DD was able to calm a bit after the dream... so many scary things out there for little ones to process sometimes. You know you are so right on target about the mental part of this program. I know for a fact that each workout becomes about mentally moving past the pain and cant do mentality. Tony talks about this in one of the w/o's. I think thats why I dont use my own music when I workout... I really need the coach to make me look deep inside to see what I'm made of. LOVE your idea to Tracy about Kenpo X outside! LOLing thinking about what my neighbors would do since I do all the grunts & yells right along with Tony! So whats the big news on latest addition to the family????

TRACY: ^^^^^5 on the 42 miler!!! Re: obliques... not sure about that... are you using any weights in ARX? If Yes then I bet thats it... if No then I'm stumped.

LEA: Oh my gosh...you mean you forgot to tell DH that its an ABSOLUTE that you get new wardrobe on day 91???? Happy Kenpo gave you a great w/o!

JEANETTE: ANOTHER Kenpo girl today....oh my I hope all the muggers if the world dont mess with this group! ^^^^^^^5 on legs shrinking!!! That is so exciting... I know I am still amazed that something is finally working for me there! I could literally cry when I see inches lost so far..... actually I DID cry the first time...lol LOVED the dad/bird story! Thanks for sharing it

DEBRA: I think you probably needed some additional rest... you've been busy & I'm sure emotional the past week. Nice to see you back- you were missed but it was kind that you kept popping in to let us know you were ok and enjoying DH time. CRACK ME UP about water/potty conflict..... I actually have hardly drank anything at all today because yesterday was so dang painful! lol.... great minds!

X: terrific that you are still so jazzed about P90! As far as steering this boat...NOPE- its no fun without the gang... I just happen to be the perimenopausal insomniac that is up at 3am every day to start it! lol Great rotation you've created hope it works wonders for you!

Buffy: You double duty queen! Yummy Sushi nite...ENJOY!

Suz: Hi there and happy to see you again!!!! I havent received Master Series yet but I am all excited! I dont know much about it ... I already have Plyo Legs (ordered ala carte a year ago) & really LOVE it. Same concept as P90 but different moves and a little shorter as well. I really ordered it so I'd have a Core Synergistics sub that I felt good about doing every week. I plan on following a faux Classic rotation using GS & SH & & Master Series but not really sure.... I think there may be some circuity stuff in Master.... that'll throw me a bit. lol
I should have it in about 10 days at most so I'll for sure post what the w/o are after I look at them. Normally I dont preview but I'll need to know how to create my next rotation.
BTW: I know we stole Jeanette from you but sure LOVE her!!! We may not give her back even post P90X!

Okay Traci, I'll keep an eye out for your "review" of it all. :) Of course all of this talk around about B&G makes me think I'll want to do a Cathe rotation again since I only used B&G for a short time before P90X. I was never a rotation kind of gal before, but I'm really liking it. I might be hooked. But I know I'll be going back to P90X in no time - after about a month or 2 off.

Well, I'm not so sure I can forgive you for stealing Jeanette. We LOVE her too!!! I do have to sneak over here now and then to see what she's up to. :) We really miss her.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.