X'ers...Monday Jan. 8

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Classic/Phase3/Week2/Day1

I'm first today, I can't believe I beat Traci, I hope everything is OK. I just finished ARX and tried really hard to focus on contracting my core. I've felt great the last few days and I know it has to do with my protien intake. It's just hard for me to eat all of the right stuff all of the time; I'm not particularly a junk eater, I just don't eat enough.

I'll bbl with personals. Have a great day and great workouts.

Tracy

Morning Tracy ( and all that join later today!)

Classic/Phase 2/Week 6/day 2

We both beat Traci this morning.. I do hope nothing is wrong! Today was Plyo for me but with my knee I subbed the treadmill and did Abs of Steel! wow what a flashback. They are pretty good, forgot about how slow and methodical she is. I really could feel it. Somehow with ARX, I don;t do them right, ( can';t do some at all), and I never feel anything. I know it is my form, not the workout.

Well hope everyone has an "X-Cellent! day

Deb B;-)

Good Morning to all our Early Birds! & all who follow!!! All is great this AM, DH moved to guest room due to snoring (his!) last night so I slept until 4:15am! and I heard him feeding dogs, getting his own breakfast so I just stayed in bed for an extra few so I didnt "take over" AM projects! lolol So nice to get up and not have usual hustle bustle!

Cl/ PH 3!:7/ Week 2/ Day 2
Plyo X + Abs today

My upper is really tight this am from yesterdays upper... I must have gone lower in pushups as my entire chest from upper abs to neck is really sore. YEAH!

TRACY: Hope your day is off to a GREAT start! WooHoo on having ARX checked off the list! I am so NOT going to miss ARX so many times in a week. I am a bad girl and have a backup plan already for this weeks abs if I just cant bring myself to do it 3x.;) It was so nice getting up and seeing posts to comment on in Catheland! I am so happy you are starting to feel better! I too noticed that since I stopped eating chicken-fish 10 days ago and started eating the ETL way - My body has not responded well. I guess beans as my protein source just were not well rounded enough... stupid of me to change eating in Phase 3 of a program like this! But I'm back to my "normal" way of eating as of dinner last night....vegetarians across the world are in disbelief & shock!

DEB: You're at the puter early too!!! VERY smart subbing TM due to knee's!!! OMG on Abs of Steel! I think that was my first purchase back in the day.... I recall all the "Steel" to be absolute torture }( ... especially Buns... Oh my I can feel the pain now... As a matter of fact if my memory is correct - when I did Butts & Gutts Floor work the first time I actually had an immediate flashback to Buns of Steel! Great job getting your entire w/o done already! Have a super day!:7

:eek: Oh I see we had 2 PM posters sneak back in last night....

Jeanette: AWESOME ride and walk! You are so sneaky getting DH out to "walk the dogs"... good going. He'll be hooked on walking and feeling good in no time at all!:7 LOL on ttom fatigue! I bet you are very different if you have never noticed it... for a couple of days its so strong for me that I could just sleep 48 hours straight I think. Its either Sandra here or a gal on my other check-in but she always talks about the adreniline SURGE she gets... She does marathon w/o's and has endless energy...go figure! Thanks for reminder on water... I did notice that my intake is down to 6-7 glasses a day this week.... I will hear your voice today, trust the program! Stupid cuz I KNOW it works just dang hormones have me all over the place this month.

DEBRA: lol- so NOT a loser....:D I always think of people who are up later than I as having a life! I'm trying to decide if a houseful of estrogen would be even more crazy than a houseful of testosterone! My girl dog who has been w/ me for 15 years actually goes thru my PMS, tummy issues I have anything physical right along w/ me. My vet said its pretty common when its been just you and pup for so long. She was fixed 14 years ago but when I'm PMSing is the only time she starts fights w/ the boys, refuses to listen and absolutely cant stand being around DH. Other than those days shes an absolute angel! WEIRD

:7 Hope everyones day is fun filled & productive & filled with DOMS!
Keep on Flexing!

Good Morning Xers!

Classic Hybrid/Ph1/Wk2/Day7

Much deserved Rest Day!

Hubby and I loved our first week. We've never felt so challenged, invigorated and sore all over in our fit lives. I am coming to understand the beauty of a carefully thought out rotation. I've never followed a rotation and neither has Hub.

So, both Don and I ran a 3 mile outdoor hilly course to finish our first week. (Subbing Kenpo in Don's case and Yoga in my place). Wecould not believe how worked our legs felt for such a short distance run for us! It was the perfect finish to the week.

One nice thing that I am noting is how tight my abs feel under the first day bloat of TTOM, and cramps are not nearly as uncomfortable as usual!

Goal for today is to complete one entire day of clean eating. It's all planned and packed. I need to focus on this important part of success.

Oh by the way, I think I have a real BB problem....I ordered Turbo Jam AND P90MS!!! Shhhhh, don't tell....

X

Morning X'rs,

Classic/Ph2/Week2/Day1

Today will be Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and ABX.

Ok so now I can see if I will be able to do more one arm push ups. I'm going to try at least one more than I attempted last week. :D Bring It

Have a great day!
Laurie

Doubles/ph3/week 1/day 2

Good Morning All!

Yesterday was my first day back after recovery and I felt pretty good. Chest and back, Cardio X, and ARX. I switched it up a bit per suggestions from the board. Did Cardio X, THEN ARX, then C&B. I really liked it that way. I think I'll do that from now on. Although I've progressed in my ARX level (I now actually look forward to the side to side thingys at the end - forget what they're called), I still sort of dread the monotony. Thinking of purchasing Core Max after all this. I wasn't all that into core work until Tony, but now I realize how crucial it is. Tonight is Plyo X. In the doubles plan, you're supposed to do cardio twice today. I think I'll stick with double cardio only 3 times a week for this round.

X - Good luck with the clean eating today! I'm routing for you. Weekends are my downfall, but on the whole, I eat okay. Had my Clif Bar and coffee this morning and have some healthy minestrone packed for lunch. Hopefully a BK veggie burger won't be calling my name by noon!

Traci - Wow! I'm impressed! If my DH ever woke up and did the morning chores, I'd know something was wrong. Don't think he's ever scooped our cat boxes (we have six for six cats). It's hard even to tell him to take out the garbage. It grosses him out. Go figure.

Deb - Abs of Steel - think I should make the investment? That is a throw back. Remember the Ab Roller? I used to do that VHS every night. Some of the older workout tapes are REALLY tough!

Tracy - My energy level always suffers when my protein intake is low. Being a veggie, that can happen often. I've definitely been trying to add more beans to my diet, hence the homemade minestrone today. Hope you're able to sustain the upped protien intake this week.

Have a wonderful day everyone and don't forget to BRING IT!

Hey Bubbee...

Do you have Muscle Max? That has a fabulous ab routine that covers similar type abs yet with Cathe's fun factor and personality!

X

Hey Gang,

As some of you move on after your X routine, how about a thread that is something like "Cath-xers", something that indicates P90X/BB addicts and Cathe addicts?

Just a little bored at the moment in my Monday morning work mode!

X

Good morning fellow Xers!

Classic/Phase 2/Week 2/Day 1!

I love the eating in Phase 2. This fits perfectly for me. I can sure tell my energy level is much better. Today was C-S-T and I absolutely brought it good!!! Loved this workout. This is my 2nd time with the workout and with having all of my weights & reps written down, I had it dialed in pretty well. Actually, I increased weights and reps in every single exercise. My triceps are getting a lot stronger. No dread at all in this workout. I also tacked on AbX this morning instead of tonite as I have a massage after work tonite and don't want to ruin the effects of it by exercising. I will, however, be coaching DH on the Bowflex. We watched "Failure To Launch" last night. It was cute. I've never seen Sarah Jessica Parker act before and really wasn't that impressed, but HE was cute all right. My gosh, what a smile!

Tracy, hope you can keep the protein intake up. I think it really helps. I finally feel like my metabolism is moving faster than a snail now. Hope my body doesn't figure it out though.

Deb B., good for you for subbing PlyoX. Hey, you do what you have to do. The main thing is that you are doing something, making it work for you and not making excuses. I'm getting pretty good at AbX so probably should sub with something else once in a while to feel it in a different area.

Traci, way to get out of DH's way. That was smart on your part for sure. Hope your TTOM fatigue is leaving. Not fun to be exhausted at all. I do find that usually Monday's are more tiring for me at work, but I absolutely feel awesome this morning for some reason. Didn't sleep all that well (Sunday nights I usually don't anyway for some reason). The walk with DH and the dogs was absolutely wonderful physically and mentally. I just let him pick the pace and followed along. It was mostly uphill (gradual) to the halfway point. We go out at least once a week once the weather gets good enough. Later, it will be trips to the forest. I'd like to take the mtn. bikes sometime too. He's not much of a rider (butt hurts), but he's nodded his head that it would be nice. I'm going to slam water today too to get rid of the puffiness from TTOM too. I'll be thinking of you while flushing the toilet LOL!

X- That is so awesome that you and DH are doing the X together!! Someday maybe for mine. My legs would be pretty darned sore for that "short" 3 mile hilly course, but it sounds like fun. I have the first Turbo Jam and it's a lot of fun.

DB, I think extra cardio 3X a week sounds good. I'm up to about 2X, counting my bike rides and I feel good, but not exhausted. I own CoreMax but haven't done it in ages. I'll have to throw that one in sometime and sub AbX.

Laurie, enjoy CST and AbX today. I did all my one armed pushups on my knees. I need to get out of my comfort zone and try some on my toes, at least one. I'm askeered! Go for it, girl!!!

Hi to everyone that comes later. Great workouts, everyone!

Jeanette
:7 :7

Classic/Phase 1/Week 2/Day 1

Good morning to everybody! How was your weekend????

My weekend was rather quiet and nice. THe kids and I got LOTS of activity, including 2.5 hours at the pool on Saturday (all that after Kenpo X)! Yesterday morning I got up and had a nice hour-long stretch (X Stretch from P90X) and it felt really good, as I was quite sore!

X....step away from the puter and log OFF BB's website! LOL

Quick question for you all.....think it's "okay" to sub Ab Ripper X with a Core Max workout? Just for variety? Or another Cathe ab workout? Thoughts on this?????

I'm at my parents' house, checking in on mom and dad. I'm going to try to stop by here every day just to make sure they're BOTH ok. Mom is really feeling the side effects of the chemo, so I'm trying to keep her mind away from the body, if that makes sense. She needs to know this sick feeling is only temporary until the poison they're giving her stops.

OK.....onto the positive. Today...up early for P90X again. Today was Back and Chest, with all those pull ups (assisted on my part) and push ups. WHO KNEW there were that many kinds? LOL. Then I got the kids on the bus and hit the pool at the Y for 1/2 mile of laps, which takes me about 40 minutes. LOVING THE POOL!

Today's plan....at parents' house now, then 2 quick errands, then I'm locking myself in my house and turning the phone off so I can treat myself like I do my cleaning clients.....a few hours of undisturbed cleaning.

BBL sometime, promise.

GAyle

Hey X,
Don't have that one. How's the weight work? Could I use it in my post-P90x rotation as a sub for something? How long is the ab routine at the end? Thanks for the input!

Hi again! Oh my:eek: ... I went to bed to read 1 chapter & warm up /. electric blanket and now its 2 hours later! I think I fell asleep "pondering" the chapter I read... lol... Starting my Monday all over again .... banana, coffee, planning w/o time! .... Did anyone see that movie Groundhog Day??? Thats exactly what I feel like right now! weird weird weird

X; Happy REST day! Cant believe you start week 3 tomorrow?:7 Time is flying ^^^^5! WooHoo on P90MS! I am already plotting & planning that rotation and making it a "doubles" w/ short cardio on the 3 lifting days!!! Love the Cathe-Xers name and I am already jotting down ideas already and I'm still 3 weeks away (Actually 4 w/ final recovery week). Keep the ideas flowing cuz theres 6 of us who will be ready for a new checkin at the same time. Me, Tracy, Deb, Lea,DB & Buffy. I think thats all of us. On the clean eating...yeah babe! Its so worth it when you feel the eating clean diff in your workouts!

LAURIE: Go for it w/ your 1-arm p/ups today!}( I can crank some out on my knees now but its tough! Improvement is what its all about!

JEANETTE: AWESOME way to bring it this morning! I want to bottle your enthusiasm for this w/o!!! I'd pay big time too!:+ Your massage is envious indeed! Do you get them regularly? I swear monthly would be awesome during a rotation like this! lol on flushing.... between Sandras 1000.00 bill in my booty and us flushing, I am beginning to get a bit over focused on my booty! hahahah

DB: So happy you found a way to get the most out of everything on the workout plate today! It really is about tweeking things just a bit so you can really bring it! :7 LOL on trash/DH... they all have their little "things" dont they? I always tell mine that when he evolves a bit more he'll be able to come back in another life and be a woman! At least once a week we have a conversation like..." Yuck- I hate doing that I dont know how you can do it.." ... "Well honey, I dont like it either but it still must be done doesnt it?" ....lol Regarding ARX. Not that this is RIGHT but.... I have not done ARX 3 times since starting. I started doing it 1x + 20-30 minutes of Cathe mish mosh abs 2x. Then Phase 2 I did it 2X & was much improved in every move & a 20-30 min Cathe. This phase I will do it 1-2 times but spending more time on planks w/ Cathe (my weak spot). I dont know what type of results you'd get if you could bring yurself to do it 3X every single week.... Lets ask the Phase 3'ers that have been 100% with it..... "Do You Have Rock Hard 6 packs?"

Gayle: your weekend activity level is quite impressive!;) I was in a sitting/reclining position for majority of mine! On ab question see my response to DB above. I didnt realize you had so much going on with your folks...:-( I am so sorry that you are going thru all that. Very commendable that you have taken all the caregiving on. Now I know why you are so active... to keep your sanity. Be good to yourself. I LOL at " who knew there were so many kinds of push ups".... I SWEAR I said that exact thing TO TONY the first time I did it! I also believe I used the very un-cool F word that day at him as well! If ya really want great therapy/treat swing by Houston and clean away girl! You can be in heaven for many many hours!

Thinking a 10:30 workout start time.... gotta get the cobwebs out!

Hugs & happiness to all

Classic/Phase 3/Week 2/Day 1

Well good morning X'ers. Have a little headache this am from yesterday's activities (watching football and drinking the beer). Unfortunately, our team lost. I am swearing off beer for a little while now. I swear!!! But I did get up this am and did chest/shoulders/tri's and arx. I did great with the pushups, but this must have fatigued the shoulders and tri's cause I was having a hard time. But at least it is done.

Tracy - I can't believe that you beat Traci to the posting. That is a good idea on the protein. Maybe I should eat more and I won't be so sore. It is a little hard though being a vegetarian. But I will make an effort. I am glad that you have been feeling good.

Deb B- Wow Abs of Steel. I haven't done that one in ages. Tamilee is really in the 80's style in this one isn't she? But I agree that it is a really good ab workout.

Traci - Good morning sleepy head. Sleeping in until 4:15. What is up with that? LOL. I am glad that you were able to sleep in a little. I know it is hard when the DH is snoring away. I have to shake and roll mine over a few times to get him to stop. So I have to say that I am in shock and disbelief that you had to go back to your normal way of eating. Well, I never!!:+ Eat what works for you. I have to tell you that I am feeling a little on the "puffier" side too in phase 3. I was really discouraged last week, but now I am chalking it up to building muscle. Yes, I think I need to lose a few pounds, but I am not getting that flabby feeling, more of a toned feeling if that makes any sense. That ttom can really kill you. Is your two weeks starting yet? I know mine is.}(

Sandra - I got shot in my buttocks. LOL. Mr.Horton, mystery man extrodinair(sp?). I love football. Didn't use too until I met my DH. It is definately the guys version of soap operas. Unfortunately the Giants lost(no surprise), but will be rooting for the Patriots next week(my MIL's team and she will be out next weekend). Sorry to hear about your DD. Is she teething maybe? And congrats on the hamster. Months and months of joy watching the hamster roll around in that ball and listening to the wheel all night long.

Stephanie - I am so surprised that you can get your DS to eat broccoli. Both of my boys just totally turn their noses up to it or pretty anything else that is healthy, but I keep on trying. Sorry about the Broncos and really sorry about what happened to Williams. That is such a tragic story. All over a confrontation in a club and he even walked away from it. Very sad. Good for you for sticking with your program.

Debra - How is it going without the DH? Are you back on schedule?

Jeanette - I loved doing stretch yesterday, even though I was still pretty sore afterwards still. I am so happy that you were able to ride with your group yesterday. You sounded like you were really busy yesterday. Looks like you are having great luck keeping with the X eating program. Good for you. Oh...and that darn massage. Try to have a good time with that;-) .

X - You naughty naughty girl. Ordering Turbo Jam and P90MS. Let us know how you like them when you get them. Only a few more weeks for me and I can start P90MS. I am happy for you that you and your DH are working out together. That is so great. Sounds like a great run. And good job on the abs. That is great that your abs feel tight especially with the ttom. Good luck on the eating.

DB - Good luck with the plyo today.

Laurie - Good luck with the one arm pushups. Let us know how you do.

Gayle - Sounds like an active weekend for you. Great!! Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope she pulls out of it ok. Have fun cleaning. And oh, when you are done, want to come over here and do my house;-)?

Ok that is about it for right now. Have to get my oldest DS ready for school. Have a great day and again, if I missed anyone, I am truly sorry.

Lea

Hi to all...

classic/ph2/day4/wk2

Today is yoga for me...but I'm not sure if I am up to an hour and a half of Tony...I ordered some Bryan Kest videos last week, so I'm hoping the UPS guy saves me soon! I know yoga is good for me and I can really see a HUGE difference in my flexibility, but I hate doing the same workout over and over! Anyway, I've already been to the grocery store, but have yet to eat breakfast, so I need to eat before I workout, so I guess that gives me a reprieve for a little while! I did Back and Bis and ARX yesterday. I always do better with ARX if I do it first..and it worked for me yesterday. My forearms were on FIRE by the end of B and B..I actually couldn't use as high of weights---not because of my biceps, but because of my forearms. Last week when I did this one I was still nursing a shoulder injury and I guess I didn't "bring it " like I should...but I think I made up for it yesterday!

Traci...lol at you and Groundhog day! Having a little de ja vu? Hope you have a great workout! I am much more of a night owl than an early morning person...doesn't mean I have a life, just that I can't get to sleep before midnight!

Gayle...I don't do ARX more than twice a week...I have the same problem as Deb above...although I feel it in my abs...I just think I feel Core Max more. I have at least gotten to the point in ARX where my hip flexors aren't sore anymore, whereas when I started I couldn't finish all the exercises due to poor leg strength, now I can do them all pretty much with the "kids" but I like to throw in Core Max at least once a week for a little variety. Doesn't Tony say change is good?

Jeanette...I liked Failure to Launch too...mostly for dear, sweet, gorgeous Matthew...I wonder if he does ARX to get those abs?!? Glad you had a great workout yesterday and have a wonderful massage tonight!!!!!

Laurie..Good luck with the one arms!!

DB...God bless you for doing doubles!! I think that is great...I'm not sure I could do that this go around. More power to you!

X..Have a wonderful rest day. Good luck with the clean eating too...that is one thing I continually struggle with. It's nice you can share your workouts with your DH.

Deb...Sounds like you had a good workout...Read my response to Gayle above regarding ARX...

Tracy...Hope you had great workouts today...It's hard to eat right all of the time..I ususally don't eat enough either...and I know some of what I do eat isn't the right stuff!

Happy day to all in X-land!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi Lea...We were posting at the same time..I'm almost back to a normal schedule...My DD went back to school today, too, so that helps!

Ch-Sh-Tris is a toughie, but I like it..Sorry your team lost yesterday...hope you had fun anyway!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi all,

I'm going to make this quick today. I hope to be back this afternoon for more thorough discussions, but it may not happen. I'll do my best.

Traci - I'm sure your puffiness is all about your hormones. Don't use exercise to punish your body for being female. Trust the program, and be patient. ETL may also make you appear puffier from water retention if you are ingesting larger quantities of carbs than before; apparently your body stores 3oz of water for every 1oz of glycogen (digested carbs) in your system. I did ETL in the summer. Enjoyed the foods; gained 10 pounds. Didn't follow it strictly, gave myself too many "treats" (allowed myself to eat things that had eggs and milk baked into them - cakes, muffins, brownies...Funny, the guy never says a word in the book about whether to eat or not eat sugar) and didn't monitor portions. Lost the weight when I went back to WW in the fall.

Jeanette - loved hearing about your day y-day. Wish I could have been there! Both the walk and the ride sound refreshing and exhilerating.

I ordered P90 last night, for DH. He does want to start a regular fitness program, but doesn't want to spend an hour a day at it (doesn't really have the time), and really isn't up to P90X starting-standards. The P90 workouts are a better starting point for him, I think, and range between 30-40 minutes. I'm excited about this! I *think* he is, too......

MY ABS ARE KILLING ME!!!!!! I have never felt this kind of pain in my stomach before. It's not the entire core, just my front abs; the muscles you feel if you puke for 24 hours straight from the stomach flu. Except I didn't do that. I did KenpoX with, for the first time, 1lb weight gloves on Saturday. And yes, I did concentrate on using my core throughout. Funny, I didn't feel a thing of DOMS yesterday, even during XStretch. OMG, I am so sore. Have to stand upright very slowwwly. Not sure how well I'll do with Ch-Sh-Tri & ARX today. I'll just do my best....

I have a new resolve. I will be putting my academic work as my #1 priority for the next little bit; until I get this draft edited. That means I need to edit 17 pages a day this week. So, instead of working out when Baby naps, I will be writing. I will be doing my workouts in the playroom off the kitchen while DD eats lunch after her morning nap. I will be a bad, bad mother and put her in her high chair with her lunch, and put a video for her on the small tv in the kitchen. That should keep her happy for most of my workout (and I can see her quite well from the playroom). It's not the most convenient way to get a workout in, and it won't win me Mother of the Year, but I have to change something, or I'm never going to get my thesis edited.

So, DD is now down for her nap, and I'm going to go write. Have a great day, all you X-ers! I'll try to write more later, after I have survived (?) my workout.

Sandra

Just a quick checkin for me. This morning I did Legs and Back that I didn't get too yesterday. Tonite I'll do cardio coach #2 (hills only no running) and abs, maybe ARX or mayb B&G stability ball abs.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Guess I'm really into posting today. I think I have a "case of the Mondays" (Office Space... what a funny movie!)

Sandra, my hubby also just started a w/o program. He's scared of P90x and tells me I'm crazy all the time, but he's really pushing himself on the Boflex (my in-laws have one) and also doing some light jogging. I hope he's grooming himself to be my running partner in the spring.

Traci, thanks for the ab workout info. I just read the info on Core Max again and think I'll buy it in the coming weeks. Cash is short, but I'm definitely freakin' out about not have a new rotation set up for after P90x. I think it's already been mentioned that we'll still have a check-in after our rotations are over.... I'll definitely need it. It'll be a much need support group for people who are in withdraw from P90x!

I'll be readin'!

PHASE 2 / WEEK 1 / DAY 1 -- CLASSIC/DOUBLES

Okay -- so I'm still not sure if I am doing doubles or not. The issue really is time. I don't know if I can do two workouts per day three times a week. I think that I may just try to add Cardio X a couple of times per week. There is no way I could add it four times per week as outlined in Phase 3.

Today I did Chest, Shoulders, & Tris, ARX and Cardio X. I just did them all at once in that order and it came out to right at two hours. Two hours doesn't sound that bad, but it was really hard. Cardio X was much better than I expected. I had read so many bad reviews about how easy it is, but I really liked it. It got my heart rate up and got me breathing good, but not too much. It is good as an add on cardio.

Okay - my first time doing Chest, Shoulders & Triceps -- that was pretty darn hard. One armed push-ups??? Plyo - hand clap push-ups! Geez. Come on! Lots of variations on the push-ups. My arms were burning. I had my husband come in and look at Tony doing the plyo push-ups. Then my husband got down on the floor and did a couple - he thought that he was so cool. I'd like to see him do it after all the other work you do in the workout first! I don't think it would have been happening.

It is amazing how I can tell my chest muscles are developing in this without doing any chest presses or flies! I think that I am going to be very sore tomorrow!! Tonight they just feel very tired.

I can't believe I am looking forward to Plyo X tomorrow, but I do miss it. I also enjoyed ARX after a week off of it. So the only new workout for me to try at this point is Back & Biceps, and from what I hear it is a toughie.

I hope that everyone has a great night.

Monica

Hi all,

Yesterday I did kenpox with the weighted gloves and then brian kest yoga tone. I just felt that I needed some yoga. Today was ch/sh/tri. I increased all my weights, but the pushups were about the same. I had a revelation though. I tried really HARD to contract my core and buttocks throughout the entire workout and I actually could feel a difference. I finally have a working core!

Deb B – I’m not sure I do everything on arx correctly either. That’s why I have this little muscular bulge over my hip that I don’t like. I like MM abs, I can really feel those and they are effective for me.

Traci – You just crack me up. Your DH is in anther room, I’m on the floor because of my back. I don’t know why I make stupid eating changes either, well, yes I do. The hormones were just ugly this time. Then I stop taking the flax oil and it’s a vicious cycle. I too will never be a vegetarian. I just can’t get enough protein and I don’t feel good. Maybe I’ve never given it enough of a chance, but I’m not prepared for the lifestyle change. I am who I am and I have to live with it; whether it’s a great eating plan or not.

Jeanette – Glad you got to ride yesterday. I thought about your comment about hanging abs during planks and between that and the 1000.00, I really gave it my all today. I know about keeping the body guessing. I think the lower carbs was a nice shock, but that will wear off soon and I’ll have to go to plan x, y, and z and then on and on. Hey do you think Brian Kest yoga is harder than yoga x? I definitely think tone is.

X- Glad you got in a run. I tried to run the day after plyox once and never again. It was miserable. I really realized what a challenging workout that is. The first ttom I had after I started p90x, which was about a month in was almost non-existent. I’m sure it was due to the shock.

DB – If I’m doing extra cardio I almost always do it before the weight work. I tend to take a while to warm up and it helps. I’m doing a sort of doubles and I find it quite challenging.

Laurie – I hope you did got in some one armed pushups. Mine were rather pathetic today, but I did my best!

Gayle – Sorry to hear about your Mom. It’s always difficult when a parent is ill. I hope everything turns out OK. I too cannot believe how many ways there are to do pushups. I guess I probably wouldn’t sub a core max for arx, only because it has helped me to actually developed a core that I didn’t have after years of Cathe ab work. I did a couple of her ab workouts last week because of my back and I really was able to engage the muscles which I just don’t think I was doing before. It’s boring, but I always manage to break a good sweat.

Debra – I am another one whose forearms get sooooo pumped with back and biceps. At one point I thought they were going to explode. I had to stop some the last few times I did it and massage my forearms before I could continue. The combination of pull-ups and bicep work is ingenious!

Lea – I don’t know how you vegetarians are surviving all of this weight work. I’d have to eat so much dairy because I just can’t eat that many beans. I really do think that the protein helps to keep the DOMS to a minimum. I too find if I increase one part of a routine, I sometimes slightly suffer on other parts. Oh well, do your best and forget the rest!

Sandra – Kudos on the sore core! I can’t get mine sore to save my life. Great idea on making the dissertation a priority. I remember the farther along I got the harder it was, but I just kept pushing myself and gave everything up except family and workouts (the house was a mess). When I finally got to the defense I swore no one was going to take that dr away from me after all that work.

Buffy – How was legs and back? How’s the shoulder?

Monica – I can do a two hour workout about 3-4 times a week and then I get burnt out. If I didn’t have anything else to do it wouldn’t bother me, but I have other obligations besides my workout. My chest looks as good as it’s ever looked and no flys. I too am looking forward to plyox tomorrow I missed it last week.

Sorry this is so long...

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.