Xers--------Monday ___________

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Today is S&H and core+. I am a little tight from yesterday. I'm glad I supersetted the slo leg work instead of doing it as produced. That was a nice change and it was quick. I did stretchx yesterday. That's a nice stretch without having to exert any energy.

Everyone have a great day!

Tracy

Good Morning Tracy!

My sister called me at 4:00! I couldn't fall back asleep. Will need a siesta today!:) Never got around to pushing play last night. Today will either be LowMax or a combo of LowMax and yoga.

Wendy

Phase 2: Week 3 LEAN: Core Syn *see sub below*

Good Morning Tracy & Wendy!

Today will be The Parts Full Body...Need to pump a little, get some yoga, core & glute work in and this has it all.... I am TOTALLY sore from Kenpo+

Back later today to catch up:*

This is KIMs post yesterday that was posted on the Saturday thread...Hope ya dont mind Kim I found it & copied/pasted so we could all read-- LOL THANKS for writing it!!!

"Okay finished Day 13. Did Kenpo, I like this workout, not too repetitive, not too hard, not too easy. LOL I can't believe that DH has almost finished up 2 full weeks of structured workouts so unlike him. He plays hockey and runs. He will do occasional random weight work but I think he like these workouts because they seem more manly so I think he will be doing Pylo after he finishes his 90 days just as a cardio option.

DH went out this afternoon and helped ds with his papers. We do have adult carriers for the daily newspapers as well. What ds does is a bundle of flyers twice a week. So its all the store flyers that come with the daily papers but delivered to the household that don't get the paper. He delivers twice and week and is making about $130 a month which is pretty good for a 10 yr except mom and dad do half the work.

Carol- Do you like your haircut? Find any good deals when you were shopping. There seems to be a lot of January birthdays in this group.Was it your birthday this weekend?

Sandra- Seems like you're putting lots of thought into your eating and fitness plans for the next while. Some of my coworkers do ww, it always seems like such a good sensible plan to me. WTG on losing and keeping off all that weight! I'm with you on the S&H, there was no way I could pay so much for express delivery on top of the $200 at least the dollar is strong right now. That's funny you mentioned Treehouse, I thought we were finally done with that and dd was watching it this afternoon. I get extremely bored with kids stuff too, I really do try but it's hard that part of the reason I hate dd's Music for Young Children's class. It's parent participation for a whole hour. It's really a great program to learn piano and she loves it but I don't really have the patience for it. The hour seems endless sometimes.

Jeannette How old was your grandson turning? I hope you weren't too disappointed with getting your bike ride cancelled.

Wendy- Hope you're feeling better today. This is the first day I feel great all week no calf pain and no allergies. yesterday I took a sudafed because of my allergies and it made me so sleepy I didn't feel like doing anything all afternoon. I even had a nap which I rarely do.

Tracy I'm glad that you like the new workouts. I'm so impressed that your son was able to lose 50 lbs. Had he problems with his weight as a child. Big ((HUGS)) on the aging pet. Our dog will be 15 at the end of Jan and slowing down lots. She has bad eyes and knees otherwise the vet says she's very healthy for age but with the poor vision and knees she won't do the steps anymore. So every morning she wants outside at 6am, I carry her down the backsteps in my pjs and snowboots. What we do for out babies.

Traci-X Do you really think that we could get STS by early May? That would totally screw up my schedule for the year. LOL From APril-June is my marathon training time and if I got STS I would have to start those. LOL My guess is the end of summer. Now I'm really curious why do you get up so early?? Glad that you got to have a nice long talk with your ds yesterday. I've heard quite a bit in the news about the mortgage/housing problems in the USA some predictions that things might get worse that way.

Well after all your discussion with Jeannette, I'm glad that I decided not to do the lean rotation. Has anyone done the doubles rotation? I was wondering if I might do that when I start Phase 2 just to get some running going. What do you think?

Christiane - I'm so impressed with how you and DH get your workouts in. I guess with your lifestyle you have to figure out how to manage. Have a good flight!

Debra-That beach getaway sounds just like what you need right now.

Nicole Yippee on the knee feeling better! What a change overnight. Enjoy the flowers, what a sweet DH!

Amy Enjoy your birthday! Sounds like you're getting spoiled. I always get fitness gifts for birthdays/Christmas too. P90X was my Christmas gift and I guess STS will be my birthday gift.

DH took kiddos to a movie, so I have the house to myself. I'm off to watch ER which I taped on Thursday. Any other ER fans here? I've been watching that show for years, it's the one show I tape if I'm not home. I don't even know if I really enjoy it that much anymore it's just such a habit."
Kim

Hi all...things back to normal here, I guess....the diva is taking forever in the bathroom and I am headed to school after I drop her off. Wish me luck on my presentation today! I am planning on either doing cardio or Squeeze...haven't decided yet...I will see how energetic I am once I get back. I am still in the middle of my recover week...I am definitely feeling less physically fatigued...mentally is another story, though....LOL! I also have to hang out with the germ infested urchins for a while after my class. They had better not get me sick before my birthday!!!!!!

Okay...I am off for now...bbl to catch up....sorry for being MIA all weekend....but I am on the mend now!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Thanks Traci!! I'm not very computer literate.

Good luck Debra!!

I'm off to work and to enjoy my second rest day. Kim

Classic/ Week 9/ Day 1/ Chest & Back; ARX (+SB w/u, SJP step)

Good morning,

Day 1 of the P90X meal plan starts today! I went bought all the groceries yesterday and made the blueberry muffin that will be part of my breakfast. Mid morning I'm supposed to have a Recovery Drink, so I'm going to have my vanilla Boost now, as my pre-workout nutrition. If I get hungry mid-morning I'll have to munch on some raw vegetables or something.

Time to go Bring It! I'll bbl to catch up with how you're all doing.

Sandra

Happy Monday Xers!!

Sorry I didn't get back on last night, but without a network here (what good is a geeky DH if he won't set up wifi? lol), I have to fight DS and DH for the computer. I lost. Anyway, today marks the start of week 7 for me. I did the IM2 Blast Mania premix again. I was going to do the original Imax blasts only, but I wasn't feeling the love at 7am, lol. This afternoon will be ARX and CST. I'm glad this is the last week of these sets of workouts. I'll be happy to have something different next week.

Thank you all for the bday wishes :D Just for record-keeping purposes, though, my actual bday was on Thursday (I was super busy and didn't post, anyway). I had a blast shopping, though :D I had my hair appt first and it turned out really cute. It's a great cut! Then I went out to lunch with my mom, who instantly turned on her drama, but I tuned her out! ha ha ha. She was on good behavior for shopping, though, and we hit the sales at Ann Taylor Loft, Talbots, & Victoria's Secret (LOVE their clearance sale!). I did stop off and pay full price (though I did have a gift card, so I got some discount) for bras, but I needed some good fitting ones (though not my true size, good luck finding a 30C in a retail store!). The girls are thankful for new bras, lol. Then we met up with my sister, and she and my mom were doing their usual bickering. I was not upset when my mom said she was tired and wanted to bail. So my sister and I ended up going to NY & Company and DSW and called it a very wonderful day :D She was fine once my mom was gone, so it all worked out ok in the end. We had a lovely dinner with my parents, too :) Yesterday was all about chores and errands, but I laid the law down with DH, and made him help out, lol. He's so lazy that he usually "lets" me run around like a crazed woman while he sits in front of the TV or computer all day. It was better yesterday, though. That's mostly what's going on around here. Today is back to the usual. I hope this week is less busy than last week. I'll be back when the kids are doing seatwork, but right now I have to get them rolling with history. I hope you all have a great day!

Carol

Doubles/Phase II /Week 5/ Day 1
Workout: pending……x( x( x(

Good Morning Xers:)

How is everyone doing? Me, I’m good, feeling better and better each day.

Let’s talk P90X the questions are. Can I finish this race? Will I finish this race? That’s my concern. This is where I need to find GREAT strength within myself. My mind want to quit and my body (not sure WTH) it wants, lol really, I need your support guys. HELP!!!

Ever since I got sick my workouts been lacking, more like hit and miss. I need to step my game up. I woke up late this morning (((((TED)))))) but will do my workout tonight, for sure! Sunday I did CC#5 + 30 minutes. I really like these workouts.

Back to catch up & let the house warm a bit to workout… we just started a bit of a cold streak again for the week…No running for me this week! ;-) ….

I mastered the alarm clock & successfully turned alarm off…Not sure HOW I did it tho but at least its off! LOLOLOL…. All of you who said to un-plug & de-battery it ROF

YES I took my siesta at 2pm as planned yesterday! Slept right thru telephones ringing!

Round 2: Lean
Phase2: Week 3: Day 1

Core Syn subbing The Parts Full Body ;-)

WENDY…
Hope poochie is feeling OK today… Maybe something did scare her….~~~Funny girl- I slept in til 5AM today!!! I am groggy tho- anymore than 5-6 hours & its hard to get the cobwebs out for me. I hope you get that workout in today…If nothing else it’s a little “me” time that you probably need desperately! XXOO ~~ Happy to hear you are committed to the retreat…No backin’ out now! WooHoo!!!! ~~ Did you see the post from SNM about the leg work in STS? Its NOT like slow heavy they so more like 4 DVDs of B&G…. but based on the rest of what you say I bet you can just wait for reviews & order ala carte later.

NICOLE…
Be careful w/ your lurker…I didn’t get anything- Don’t respond & be sure & report(forward) it to SNM they can probably track the IP address. I am aware that there was another incident regarding lude emails a bit ago but don’t know enough to talk about it without it being idle gossip… just be smart OK?? ~ Congrats on the game!

JEANETTE…
Well I shall be right there on the retreat team of least fit Xers if my trend doesn’t change dramaticcly & soon! I REALLY don’t know what going on with my body – a little of December sugar revolt + stress + lack of lifting seems to have completely taken its toll. I am taking this week to decide if I am completing XX or if I’m going to start on my PYRAMIDS after 3 weeks of full body. DECISIONS DECISIONS! ~~ Congrats on doing WW! If it is a good program for you then you’ll master it soon- you are very dedicated to the cause. I did decide to wait & purchase Cathe’s planner whatever it looks like. ~~Funny how times have changed…At our large family events we have all side of all families old/new together…Everyone gets along well enough… Glad the party was a success! GREAT ride yesterday- glad you were warm enough! The soup sounds like a good idea- w/ colder temps this week I need a low cal comfort food ready on hand…A crockpot week I believe.

DEBRA…
Happy presentation day! I’m sure you rocked!!! Tell us about it!!!~ I tthink its great you had this to focus on today… What XDH is doing – well it just “IS”…. Sounds like you are already kicking into “I am Woman” mode. XXOOXXOXOX

LEA::
Congrats to you on the game! Wasn’t it a nail biter??? I LOVE those kind of playoffs- I was rooting for Dallas – Wendell for NYG but he wants GB in the end… LOLOLOL~~ LOVE this new juicer…well worth the 99.00 total cost – its really a heavy duty one. The blade alone weighs more than my dept store one that cost 79.00. Lesson learned. ~ Would you mind elaborating on a comment you made to TRACY ? You said you do better w/ less carbs & also said you were partially raw vs. 100%.... On the carbs are you including veggie carbs? I’m confused… Not that its any big deal but I like to know how you’re feeding your body- you are my health guru! ~~ ^5 doing a MAX yesterday- Plyo would have been easier! LOL ~

TRACY…
I do hope this week goes a bit smoother at work for you. ~ You got a ton accomplished on your weekend….Do you think DH ever notices that a weekend isn’t time-off for a women???? Mine rarely notices that… I told him that since I “retired” 3 years ago I haven’t had a single day off! LOL ~~~ Good for you on decision on sticking w/” X al la Tracy” !!! I think I’m going to bag it…still deciding…. I think I want 3 weeks of Full Body then I’ll go into my pyramids for 6 weeks…..thinking thinking thinking…. I’ll post my plan when I get a firm thought! Ha ~~~~~ Morrows legs… I wonder if anyone would ever tell us true about how they get so cut…. I think theres a lot more to it than just 1 type of program don’t you??? I mean ya gotta mix up moves, reps, pace, etc… to see that don’t you? ~~ Well he)) trac- if you SAW a diff after one session of Core+ then OF COURSE I’m doing it! LOLOLOL- I’ll scarp The Parts Core and do Core+!! Your BF is probably 20% lower than mine tho so I may FEEL it-but surely wont SEE it! ~ BTW: Thanks for being a source of inspiration yourself around here. ~~ On your certifications… COOL! If you want to dig right in then ACE or AFAA is the way to go & because of your knowledge base you’ll be fine… I started w/ AFPA because it’s a National one as well but particularly in Texas its big… I needed a bit of a more basic one to get my feet wet…. AFAA is my plan for next one… They offer it at a gym in a small community about 40 miles from the bay so I’d just stay down there & commute for a week. ~~ Very happy you found a way to use SloMo Legs that work for you!

SANDRA…
I think I dedcided to wait & join “Cathes Fit Club” ;-) – from the sounds of it there is a release in February possibly…. WW On line charges for 3 months so I don’t want to start/stop something… I know that even if I had a handle on my eating/wt/bf that I’d STILL buy Cathes program – just because its Cathes program! LOLOLOL ~~I am so saddened about the retreat but I do understand…. It just has to happen at some point tho… You are the heart of the group and you write so much better than I do! LOLOLOL YOU GO GIRL on the X Nutrition Plan!!! Keep us in the loop about that.

KIM…
Thanks for the nice post!!! LOL on the wrong day- I swear it’s a daily brain teaser for me to make sure I’m on the right day! WOOHOO on the feeling no pain day!!! CONTINUED good vibes!!! ~ On STS…. If they film Feb/Mar then edit Mar/Apr I say SURE!!! LOL- What do I know? NADA!!!! I actually think it might be late April if all goes smoothly… I think unless editing becomes a challenge it’ll be smooth- I think the have had this in the works for a couple of years so it should be flawless in actually making it all come together.. just my hopes! ~~ LOL – I’m just an early morning gal…have been all my life..As a kid I’d get up w/ my dad on the weekends at 4am & sit & watch him while he read the sports page & drank coffee.

SWIFT AMY…
Did ya feel the *smack* today??? The day after, Queen For A Day one! ;-) Just kidding! I do hope your day was super special & made you feel special!!!

CAROL…
Hope all is well & you are back & ready to BRING IT today!!! Post new “do” pics!!! Week 7 already???? Where does the time go??? Thanks for sharing all about your birthday celebrations!! How totally FUN! Yes- even w/ mom drama!!! LOL So glad you are feeling great!

LAURIE…
Miss you!!! Hope you had a great weekend!!! I threw away my X+ book!!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH Is it available on BB for download???? I know YOU’d know if anyone does! ;-)

TEDDYGIRL::
Hope you had a great weekend!!!! Read all of the Friday/Sat posts...

CHRISTIANE::
Happy TRAVELS!!!

Huggers to all in X-Land!!!

TeddyGirl:
You snuck in on me..... Whats one more post before a workout!?}(

On your X motivation.... Others will offer advise so heres mine....

IF and only IF you really believe that X will give desired results you are after then I say just look at it 1 day at a time & push play.... Dont deviate from the strength work as I think thats a big key BUT if you sub MAKE SURE you are subbing apples for apples.... Its a program because of how ALL the DVDs work together - it really is well thought out.

Having said that- You have to decide on your motivation...If its to get an "X" behind your name then I personally think thats not going to work for ya.... I certainly do not care one bit if you are TeddyX;-) ... IF you need the 90 day commitment to push your brain & body to another level then DO IT! Completing the program pushed me into a whole new zone for my fitness.. It also taught me things about my body I just had to see to believe.... It was life changing in terms of my fitness viewpoint..... You just have to be honest about your reasons and make a decision from there.

We're all here for you one way or another.
XXOO

Good morning,

Round 2, Phase 2, Week 3, Day 1 - Core Syn

Like Traci, I subbed with Tracey Staehle's Total Body, but I did the wrong one and did pilates and yoga before discovering this was not the right sub. I did do some upper and lower body work, but I sure didn't bring it today. Oh well. Girls, I'm not pleased with my P90X experience this time and have a dread pushing play on those workouts. I'm hoping to get a walk in today at work.

Wendy, how is your sister doing in Thailand? Is she enjoying the experience? Is she helping to build a house too? Hopefully, you'll get your blog up soon so we can hear more about the country and your experience there. LowMax and yoga sounds good.

Traci, I picked the wrong workout today. Nowhere near the intensity of Core Syn, but really, I didn't care.

Debra, I know you will do well today. Just focus on the presentation and try to block out any negativity from other parts of your life right now. It won't do any good to dwell on it, doesn't make it better at all. Much easier said than done, I know.

Kim, enjoy your rest day today. Hope the temps are higher for you and your son. I can't even imagine it being that cold.

Sandra, enjoy your C&B today. Hope you are not too hungry today. I remember how famished I was for the first few days of Round 1.

Carol, hang in there with the workouts, you're almost done with the phase. Sorry that your sister and Mom don't get along well and it must make a shopping experience not so pleasant. I'm the one that should be running around like crazy at home but didn't do it this week. The house looks okay, but really needs some organization of cabinets and such.

Latrese, good to hear from you. Yep, you can finish the X. You're strong mentally and physically. Physically is usually not the case for any of us. It's bringing it over and over that's tough. I'm not a good one to talk to you right now. I'm struggling with motivation to PP for Tony.

Okay, I get to go to work a little bit later today as I'm on my straight 8 schedule. Gives me a little bit more time at home in the morning. I'll get off work earlier too... HOORAY!

Jeanette

Traci - Hey there. Really quick, the carbs I meant were the bread, pasta carbs. Yeah, I am not 100% raw now. I am done killing myself. More like 80-90%. My body likes it better that way. If I feel like a vegan burrito, then I don't have to beat myself up over eating it. I also stay away from sugar too. Great news about the juicer. How does it make nut milk? Also, next weeks game should be a good one, hopefully. But...Dallas??? I won't tell DH;) .

Lea

Ok gals- Decision made…. My post to Teddy was probably my way of working it all out in my mind for myself.
XX Status is not good enough reason to move forward for me. Time is precious & I want/need to make the most of it- I spent years wasting fitness time so although it’s not the Lean X fault I just cant continue on its path. I do believe it was exactly the “no- brainer” I needed to make it thru my horrid December but as I slowly move past that difficult month I think I also need to move past my “no-brainer” workout plan.
Its time to get ME back to where I feel empowered & in control of my life again so its going to be 3 full bodys a week for 3 weeks to get my endurance back… In February I’ll start my advanced pyramid system that I’ll share as time draws closer ;-) ….

Jeanette: Hang tough if its what you want… You already know how to get past the mental block if that’s all it is ….. Whatever you do- we’re here! Maybe the faux paux was really exactly what you needed. ;-)

Morning Xersm

Round 3/Phase 2/Week 2/Day 6
Workout: Kenpo Cardio Plus

Had issues with our computer at home this weekend, so wasn't able to post. And of course I wasn't able to order the new STS. x( Will get that done today for sure. ;-) I didn't do any workouts all weekend. I had planned on getting KCP in on Friday, because I knew our weekend would be fabric shopping and Packer party. ^5 to the Packers. :D Sunday our house was like a three ring circus with all the people that stopped by.

I soooooo enjoyed Kenpo Cardio Plus which I will now call KCP (not to be confused with KPC :7 or maybe call it KC+?) This is a great workout, and my heart rate stayed up through the whole thing. I liked how he incorporated blocks/punches/kicks into his rounds. My favorite was the high blocks with the knee ups. Sometimes I was off pace, but I don't think that matters to Tony. Of course, Tony is his same goofy self in this one too, and made me laugh out loud. Like Traci I can already feel my shoulders. :D I think that you get a lot of workout for 45 min.

Debra, Good luck with your presentation today. You will do great! Bit {{{{{Hugs}}}}} to you for all that you have been going through.

Carol, Happy Belated Birthday! My Christmas money from my MIL will be going to the new STS. :D Wonder how she will feel knowing that I spent money on 37 DVD's. :D

Traci, Do you need the rotation information that the booklet had. I can send you and e-mail with that information if you need it. I will make sure that oldest does only one leg workout. I need to watch her first workout to make sure she is doing squats correctly. I wonder if P90X legs would be good because it doesn't use weights. I also have a Kathy Smith workout that doesn't use weights for the legs. She might like Tony. :D I'm going to look at that link you have. I am thinking that I am not going heavy enough on some exercises.

Sandra, You are continuing the X, and starting on the P90X meal plan. Things change so quickly around here when I don't chat on weekends. This should teach me a lesson, and now I need DH to figure out what the heck is wrong with the computer. Or we just need to get a new one.

Jeanette, Isn't it funny how those unexpected guests can make our workout plans go away fast. That is how my day was yesterday. But you had better company than we did. :D Two of the people that visited us I was fine with, the third person was trying to make nice with my DH. He wants a new character to play at fair. I just don't agree with the guys choice. Neither does DH.

Nicole, I'm so glad that your knees are feeling better. We will see about the ACE cert. In the past I hated to study, so wonder how I would do at the certification process.

Tracy, Sounds like everyone was busy with the cleaning this weekend. We had the same thing going, in-between entertaining people. I agree with you on the P90X+ rotations looking repetitive. The classic rotations looks interesting though.

Christiane, You and your DH really deserve kudos for keeping up with your workouts. I think that the new STS are like P90X with a Cathe twist. :D I will be switching from STS to P90X to STS to P90X+. :7 :7 :7 Just wonder if that is possible. :7 :7

Kim, You are doing an awsome job with sticking to your workouts too, with having to cart kids around all over the place. :D :D I feel like I want to be like your Mom. My oldest wants to do a marathon. I told her we would look to do something like that when she gets out of HS. I don't know how our state is with that type of thing. But then she said "couldn't we just train for a marathon?" Had to say yes we can, but you may have to train with a slow poke. :D

Wendy, Is you head feeling better today? Off to Thailand are you? Hope you are able to gather all the information you need. Wow Feb 5th will be getting her shortly.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Tracie: Thank you! Went back and read Fri thru Sun; I tell you, I miss so much not having a computer at home. Sunday we went to Micro Soft in Mayfield, Ted had to get some DVD disc or something, but we looked at a few computers, we seen some SHARP ones, OMG they were sharp prices were as high as $2500, we did see one for $700 I told him we need to put away a few bucks. I hope to have one soon.

Nicole: I’ve been wanting dreads for about 10 years, I was to little afraid to get them, “don’t ask” For some reason my hair isn’t growing as fast as it use too, everything slows down as I get older. But once my hair reaches shoulder length that’s where I’m going to maintain them at, hopefully by spring I should have some length, I pray. Phase one of dreads is extremly hard, not for all but my hair was short had to cut out perm then recut blah..blah..I will post more pictures in a few months. Take Care!

Wendy: Thanks for the card and picture, your daughter is very lovely;-)

Carol: Happy Belated Birthday, hope you had a WONDERFUL day :) :)

Core Synergistics

I always dread this workout. When I feel that way about a workout that usually means it works you good:p I think the Dreya Rolls unassisted may have been the culprit to my knee. I will make sure to help myself up.

Thanks Traci for the lurker info. I made my profile private so if any of you are wondering, that's why it's gone. I did not tell DH because he would say I told you so and tell me to get off the computer}(

I'll get back to chat in full when DS goes down for a nap.

Everyone have a great morning!

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Tracie: My girl! :) Thank you! :) Boredom gets me every time ARGH…… Right now, I’m not sure what I’m going to do, who knows, alls :+ I know is I need to push play and get busy OMG, maybe my hair is twisted too tight? But what I did do, I wiped out last weeks workouts like I said, my workouts has been hit and miss and going to re-start week 5 over I wasn’t happy with results. I shall see.

Question did I read this right, that you can buy Cathe’s STS workouts “IF” like for ONLY $5.38 per DVD?

Good morning again!

CB went well enough, I suppose. I went up in some places, but lower in others. I think when I increase reps or pounds with an exercise, it tires my muscles more for the ones that follow. At any rate, I got a good pump in the upper body, and my elbows only mildly protested, so I think I did good. I don't think CB was the workout that stressed them; I think it was CST and BB. I'll probably go lighter when I do those next week. I'll really focus on form, and possibly stick within a 12-15 rep range. Because they have all those compound exercises that require smaller and larger muscles to be working together, they feel better suited to going lighter and longer.

All you people talking about KC+ have me so itching to do it. I sincerely hope I receive them by this Saturday, so I can sub KenpoX.

I got on the scale this morning, and my weight is up some more. I feel it, too. I just don't feel very light on my feet anymore. It's seriously time to address the excess weight. So far today I've had my Boost pre-workout drink. For breakfast, I had the P90X blueberry muffin, and a bowl of 8oz non-fat plain yogurt mixed with 1 cup of mixed berries. I've also had my 2 coffees, with only a bit of low-fat milk to chase away the bitterness. I'm quite satisfied so far. I'm supposed to have a sourdough pretzel for my afternoon snack, but heck if I could find one yesterday. I did find a website where a Canadian bemoaned the inability to find sourdough pretzels in Canada, so I guess I'm not the only one :) I'm happy to just substitute my home made whole wheat oatmeal bread (it's healthier!), but just don't know how much to sub. I'm guessing about 1oz/100cal; that seems to be the standard 1 carb/bread serving. I'm sure that will be fine.

Tracy....You're doing S&H today? Which one is that? I never got around to XStretch yesterday, so thanks for doing it for me :) Since I just can't seem to find more time to workout in front of the tv, I've pulled out my "Stretching" book by Bob Anderson and am going to implement mini-stretch sessions throughout the day. It's about time your got yourself ACE certified. I'm still considering it, for after I finish the thesis.

Wendy....Your sister called at 4am?! Nasssty! Enjoy Lowmax today.

Traci....You dear sweet lady. You will do amazing things for yourself when you put a personalized routine together. You don't need Tony telling you what to do. You can also better design a program to accommodate your shoulder. How is that feeling these days? I hope you're not still getting all the pain/numbness that you had before. I'm soooo not the heart of the group, you silly!! Excellent job on finding the alarm off button LOL!!! If you do 3 weeks of full body, then you'll be ready to do your pyramids just when I'm finishing the X, and maybe I can join you? I love pyramids. I read somewhere that Morrow has had 4 children. Cathe's Fit Club. Is that what they're calling it? I had to think for a few minutes to understand what you're talking about. Hopefully when I finish my 28 days of X-eating, and am bored beyond belief with it, they'll have that program up and running.

Lea....Give me a hey! Give me a ho ho!! Nice to see you!

Kim....Didn't you say yesterday that it was -32C?? Ooooh my, we haven't had any days THAT cold so far this year. When we moved here, it was the case that we had more days per year hit -30 than +30, but in the last few years we haven't been able to say that. It's supposed to be +2 today! I'm not missing all those cold days, but it is concerning when the weather just doesn't do what it's been doing for the last thousand years. Treehouse is a terrific channel when you have young ones. I hate commercials, so that's one channel that doesn't send me running for the mute button every 7 minutes :) Thanks for making me feel better about the boredom factor with kids' activities. I'd dread a whole hour of a music class, too. I think Weight Watchers is the most sensible, reasonable weight loss program out there. I have a pile of their recipe books, and each of them has dog-eared pages. Their recipes are feasible to make, appealing to the whole family, and very tasty. My favourite is their "Cook It Quick" book. Tell DH to get those "before" photos done really soon, so he can see the results of his hard work in 90 days. If he's going to go along for the ride, he might as well reap the reward. And we want to see them :) The authoring and editing process of dvd making seems to take a veeery long time. I'm thinking we'll get them by mid-June. However, they're only making single-layer disks this time, so perhaps that will cut down on the authoring/editing phase of the workouts. We can only wait and see, I guess.

Debra....How did the presentation go? Going through a divorce at the same time that you tackle a new academic program will be a challenge. I like the sounds of the weekend that CB has planned!! You keep those kids away from you!!

Carol....I don't think I said it before, so I'll say it now: belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Despite the issues with mom and sis, it sounds like you had a great weekend.

Teddygirl....You're exactly at the point where many people find their motivation starts to flag. You haven't seen much results, yet, but the novelty of the program has worn off. Stick with it, ONE DAY AT A TIME!!! Like Tony says, JUST PUSH PLAY. I also want to mention that you might consider cutting down on the extra exercise that you're doing. You might be wearing yourself out too quickly. Remember, slow and steady wins the race. The P90X workouts are much more approachable if you're not starting them when you're already tired out. And finally: Do your best, on that particular day. Take it one day at a time, don't think about the rest. Your mini-dreads look cute, btw!! Thanks for posting the pics on Friday!

Jeanette....I hope I don't get that famished feeling from this phase of the eating plan. It's much more carb heavy, which I need for my mental peace. Carbs keep me happy, and if I'm happy, I don't feel the need to eat to get myself happy. Know what I mean? I'm sorry you aren't seeing good results from the Lean rotation, either. Are you going to stick with it anyway? Phase 3 of Lean is almost the same as Phase 3 of Classic. How will you do a walk at work today, if you've gone to this straight-8 day?

Laurie....Yep, you have to stay attached to the forums to keep up LOL! I can't wait to try KC+! Wish me good-mailing vibes that it arrives this week! Oh, and just get a new computer. I'm lovin' my new iMac. I'd like to do an Oprah and give one to everybody!!!!!!!!

Okay, I've got to hit the showers. I have no plans to leave the house today, so I'll be back to check up on ya'll. Have a great day! P90X lunch is supposed to be a veggie burger and a salad.

Sandra

Hi honey, I'm home!! Just time for a quickie post right now. I haven't been sleeping well..wonder why?? Anyhoo, I want to get a little siesta in as well as my workout before I pick up the diva from school. I got all of my other chores for the day done, so I am feeling pretty caught up. My presentation went relatively well...I know mine was better than the other 2 folks who went today....so at least there is that! The diva has dance this afternoon so I will try to catch up with personals then.

As far as the drama with XDH goes...he is being a real a**hole with the separation agreement...so I am waiting to hear back from my attorney to get an appointment with her this week to see where we go from here. It is just so hurtful when this person that you have spent a chunk of your life with turns mean...I don't know why I was surprised...but now I am over the hurt, and I am just angry...which is I guess the way I will have to be now. It is just not my nature to hurt other people...but I have to protect myself and DD. I did order my STS...on XDH's credit card...LOL!!

Anyways.....I only have a couple of quick comments to make....and then I will sign off until this afternoon....

Nicole....
What a creep! Thanks for the warning!

Carol...
30 C?? How do you get those kind of measurements??? Happy belated birthday!!

Traci...
One of good things about being a personal trainer is that you know your body best...so you can do the workouts that YOU want as long as they further your goals! You rock woman! Thanks for all the support. Congrats on learning how to use your alarm clock. I am so proud of you...LOL!

Swifty....
Happy belated birthday!!!!!

Sandra...
Good luck with the following the diet plan...I did really well on it for a couple of months...but then my old bad habits snuck in!

Teddygirl...
I would suggest keeping with the strength workouts of the X and subbing a cardio that is as close as possible to the X cardio to help get you through.

Jeanette...
Keep you chin up!! I always feel like if you are not having fun doing your workouts, then what is the point. I certainly got that way during my first round...and it was this group that kept me going to the end....but I also knew that I would never do it again. I here to cheer for you either way!!

Waving to Lea, Kim, Tracy, Laurie, Christiane, and Wendy. I will bbl for more in depth personals...Kisses to all!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.