Xers.......Mistical Monday........................

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just getting us started.

Today is S&H legs, 30 minutes of cardio, plus some yoga. Have a great day!

Tracy

Hi Gang... Completed Today: 1 Round Plyo X + Legs & Back X
I will do Kenpo this afternoon if I have time ....

Internet issues are escalating... All day yesterday and thus far today... If Company is up then I am down & when I am up company is down.... I threw such a fit this morning that DH took the company down so I could get to my business emails.... Not sure whats gonna give but something surely will....

Back later if able with personals...

Classic/ Week 5/ Day 1/ Chest, Shoulders, Triceps; ARX (+30 min cardio)

Good morning,

Tracy, I want to do your workout today. I like the sounds of that.

Traci, That's a huge PITA about the internet connection. Yes, something must change!!! How do you do only 1 round of PlyoX? Do you skip forward after every round, instead of repeating each move? That would make PlyoX much more enjoyable, IMO.

I'm very much dreading today's workout, don't know why. But I'll just do my best, and forget the rest. It won't be as bad as I'm imagining, I'm sure.

Wii is truly Wheeee!!!! We had a ball yesterday with the sports package (bowling, golfing, boxing, tennis, baseball).

Okay, time to stop procrastinating. My cardio today is going to be SB warm up, SJP step, SB cool down & stretch (28mins).

Hello to everyone!
Sandra

Just jumping on quickly before getting the diva to school. Hope everyone got tons and tons of things done this weekend! I have completed about 2/3 of my Xmas cards...I will definitely finish today! I must also go to the grocery stores as the fridge is a bit bare. Had a good time with CB last night...he brought over some shrimp, so I boiled those up and made red beans and rice too.

Traci....
Hope you get your problems solved..You must be going CRAZY!

Sandra...
I am sure once you get into your workout you'll be fine!!!

Tracy...
Thanks for starting us off!

Jeanette...
Thanks for the pics....They are great! I will post a longer personal later.

Off for now!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

:::::Sandra:::::
Hooray on the 9 hrs of sleep! I so wish there was one day a week called Sleep Day! We could stay in our jammies all day and just veg out. Wii!!!! You lucky girl! Why before Chrsitmas???? What did the girls think? ~ Yes it’s the BM2 Group that I really love… For some reason the music makes it all so good for me plus I love the lower body focus with all the premixes… To me cardio is a waste of my precious time if it doesn’t provide leg / booty DOMS! ~ Your slumber party kids must be pre-hormonal as Debra said… I wonder if that’s really accurate. ~ How strange indeed about your uncle… I often wonder if I would look upon a few extra months or a couple of years as something I’d fight like heck to have… I mean once I knew I was a gonner then I’d think I’d do all my unfinished business quickly… I am not one who believes in living without quality of life- but of course that quality is subjective isn’t it? ~ Oh I cant wait to hear about your BIG mirrors!! Mine are all the full length small ones like for the inside of a door- I just have multiple ones place strategically… Now how do you THINK I enjoyed the 45 min of Yoga X? It aint no thigh lickin’ baby! ~~ Todays post: Yep- you do every exercise 1x! Its about a 20 minute workout if you don’t take the Tony talk breaks & water breaks… I used it as a warm up. Actually I LOVE Plyo X going thru everything 1x then going back & doing round 2 – You aren’t always wiped out for the last few moves that way… Enjoy your w/o!!! Come back & tell me how much you loved it- After my “recovery” week I’ll be pulling out Ch/Sh/Tri- I recall loving that one tho…

:::::Jeanette:::::
Thanks for the pics! What a beautiful view you have. Seems all your pics are just in the loveliest settings… I have always loved northern ca except for the cold weather. ROF on the golf pee! LOL – I swear if my brain knows there isn’t a bathroom I have to go every 20 minutes! ~ I must say I would LOVE a relative that is just a bit “Off” but in a good way… All mine get old and bitter & angry… Who knows if Elvis really is dead anyway! ~ I did a Prime Rib a few years back for DH’s birthday- I had no thermometer and I did just fine. I think they are actually kind of hard to mess up- only because they are a rare meat anyway so little chance of drying it out… I also worry about Wendi ut I bet ya cash that any day now she pops on with a big I’M HOME!!!!!!! So glad your overall weekend was just what you wanted!!!

:::::Tracy:::::
I’m sorry to report that there is no cure for Soda Hangover and bloat… I still have it today…. I drank over a gallon of water yesterday and ate healthy but still I have the darned bloat & headache today… I think the effects are worse because of ttom too…. YUCK! I think it’s whatever makes carbonation – anything carbonated makes me blow up. ~ AWESOME day yesterday… You were on a roll – bet it feels great to look at all you accomplished.

:::::Debra:::::
Glad the headache didn’t last all day… I checked out the Wine Bar link…YES LETS GO THERE!!!!!! It looks just amazing! I don’t think half of Yoga X ONCE in 3 weeks deserves a God Bless You but thanks anyway!!! LOL ~ I do think Polly & Sandy are reacting the same to the cold ground this year… Must be a girl thing as my boys just want to roll on it to hear the crackle! ~ So did you love your leg workout yesterday? *ducking from the flying BB* ~ Do I dare ask about the Xmas card situation?????????????? I say you write nothing (since you obviously wont be using my wonderful words!) Just enclose 2 pics… You / CB/ DD and XDH/A Russian love goddess. ~ Todays Post: Oh I see we are making great progress on the cards!!!! Zippity! You may have them out by days end!!!

:::::TeddyGirl:::::
Thanks for popping in yesterday! Is all the holiday shopping done now?

:::::Laurie:::::
Love the Cami stories in the snow… Today we had a hard freeze on the ground and Sandy acted like she was being forced to poo in Iceland! My kids are all like mom & dad for sure- hot weather makes us happy! Hope the party was great fun last night!!!

:::::Nicole:::::
ROF about Kenpo mix up & GB House… You are just having too much “fun” out there this week!

ETA: Lukie seems to have found a new favorite food... Poop Cycles! ewwwwwwww

XXOO to all Xers!

Doubles/Phase 1/week 3/day 1
Workout: Rest Day:)

Good morning guys,

I had a great weekend? I was glad too that I was able to pop in on Sunday. No workout this morning legs are fried and I didn’t go too bed till 2am I had a good night. Be back :7

Morning to all:

Round 2, Lean Rotation, Phase 1, Week 4 - YogaX

No, didn't do YogaX, but did do Bryan Kest's Power Yoga - Tone. That one had my legs burning. I'm looking forward to another yoga session this week.

Traci, so sorry about the internet issues. Do you think Wendell was trying to build up a "credit" yesterday with putting the mirrors up? Hoping that will help him not be in such bad trouble today? Good thinking on doing PlyoX like you did. Nice when we can give ourselves permission to modify. So do you think Wendy will be home in time for Christmas? I would be so sad if I wasn't home with everyone. I remember back in 1978 going to a "biker reunion" in San Francisco during Thanksgiving. There were 6 of us that got together, but I'll never forget the frozen pumpkin pie, eating on the floor (no chairs), stuffing out of a box. It just wasn't like home. I'm sure we can pull off the prime rib. I'll find out today if it's a go. We do live in some nice country. Not many people and tons of public land. Yep, it does get chilly in the winter. My least favorite season for sure.

Sandra, bet you will love your workout today. I love SB & SJP music and moves. Would be good for a recovery week cardio for me. So is Wii designed to get everyone off the couch? I'm not real familiar with it.

Debra, bet you get those cards done today. I love shrimp and DH loves to cook it up. He likes to be creative and throws in this and that. Most of the time it works.

Latrese, you were up till 2:00 a.m. last night? Don't you work today? You crazy girl!!! Enjoy the rest day.

Got to run now,

Jeanette

Sandra: previewed Legs & Back and glad I did:9 definitely going to put into my regimen

Jeanette: Yep, I’m crazy I know x( wasn’t my intention to stay up but....it was worth it:p

Tracie: Hello:) I tell ya, I couldn’t help but too order Kimberly Kickboxing workout only paid $11.07.

I’m so tired my gosh! When, I get off work tonight Teddy should have me a hot bubble bath awaiting and then I’m going straight to bed. I really hate I missed my workout this morning but,,,,,,,,Teddy does happen.

My workout I had scheduled for today will be tomorrow: This is what my week is looking like thus far: It doesn't matter when I get Xstretch in, that's a must do, cant even tell you how much this workout has helped my overrall performance;-)

Tues: cardio + legs
Wed” P90 C&B + arx
Thurs: 30 minutes run +Plyo X
Fri: P90x S&A + abx
Sat: P90X legs & back + cardio
Sun: Kenpo X + ????????

Hey guys, next week is recovery week Yeah! Cant wait!:p

Good morning again,

Workout done! It's surprising what a difference it makes to your stamina when don't work opposing muscle groups, as you do in CB and SA. Most of the moves in CST tap into all of the CST muscle group somehow, and it's noticeable in the number of push ups I can do, and the amount of db weight I can lift. I fatigue quicker in this workout than in CB and SA. But that's okay. The key is to reach fatigue, whether that's at pushup number 12, or pushup number 20. I imagine I'll find the same thing with BB on Wednesday.

Debra....DD is sitting on my lap, dancing along with your Meez. She really seems to like this one. Excellent progress on your Xmas cards! I gave up on those years ago. Maybe my New Year's Resolution will be to create a database with all my relatives/friends' addresses in it, so I can more easily do the card thing next year. The sleepover went super-good, thanks for asking. Three girls came, two slept over, and they actually slept! 10pm-7am; not bad at all. Everyone was pleasant, there were no spats or tears. They all seemed to enjoy their presents, the movie, the popcorn, the pizza, the candy, the jungle pancakes for breakfast, and each other. DD's school ends on Friday, until Jan 7. So glad we got a Wii to keep her busy for 2 weeks!!!! Yes, I guess not all sisters come to love each other so much. Due to moving so much in university, I've lost touch with all my former BFFs. I always imagined that a sister is one person who I wouldn't eventually lose touch with.

Traci....I love the idea of having a weekly Sleep Day. I'm so there. I did manage to stay in my jammies until 1:30pm yesterday. Then I had to actually leave the house for a bit, and since I'm not Debra, I choose to wear regular clothes in public. I really, really enjoy the BM2+ workouts, as well. That's probably pretty obvious, given how much I do one or the other. I don't know how I'd react in a situation like my uncle's. I mean really, he could still outlive me, if I get hit by a bus tomorrow. People who know the specifics of their likely demise are no more mortal than those of us wandering around clueless. When I was pregnant with DD#1 I was struck one day with the realization that as sure as I'd created a life, I'd also created a death: I'd created a person who, like the rest of us, was going to die one day. It was a disconcerting moment. Anyhow, on to more enjoyable things.....Well, even if you didn't enjoy YogaX most-intense-45mins, at least you can call it done!! You deserve a pat on the back for that. One round of PlyoX is only 20 mins, without Tony's jabbering? Wow! That means 2 rounds is only 40 mins. Heck, I can suffer through that. I'm supposed to do PlyoX tomorrow, and now it doesn't seem so bad. I just hate all those squat-jump-turns. Ooooh, I just remembered: I own P90 Masters Plyo Legs! I've never done it. Is it a good sub for PlyoX? Apparently soda is loaded with sodium. The diet ones are even more so, to compensate for the lack of sugar. I didn't see the sense in keeping the Wii under wraps, as we all knew about it. It wasn't a surprise for anyone. Santa's already going to be very good to the kids, so it wasn't necessary to add this to the bunch. I think I'll buy a second remote and put it under the tree, though.

Jeanette....Thank you for the pics! I took a quick peek last night, and showed the one of your 75 year old friend to my DH. He was impressed. I am too. I'll look at the rest more closely today. Yes, the Wii games are very active. You have a remote control that acts like what ever tool the game uses. With bowling, you pretend the remote is the ball and have to do the steps, lunge, throw action. With boxing, you hold the remote while you punch, duck and weave. DD#1 loves that one. She just flails her arms as fast as she can. It's hilarious. She was complaining about having sore arms yesterday. With golf, you "swing" the remote. It's quite unique. There's a wrist strap and a soft plastic casing on the remote so it won't break your tv if it flings out of your hand. This was apparently a big problem when the Wii was first released. When we get another remote, we can play against each other, instead of against the computer. That will get two people off the couch :) Tennis should be fun. I can see my floor lamp getting knocked over frequently.

Teddygirl....LB isn't so bad. And like I said before, the additional back work hits the entire upper body and core. You have a tough week planned, but that doesn't surprise me. After KenpoX, add on the Blast Challenge from KickMax. I did that in Round 1, and they work together really well.

Laurie....LOL about the cold hands on your neck. I'm sure we've all been there. Was pay-back a handful of snow down the back of his shirt?

Tracy....Wow, I wish I had 1/10 of your energy yesterday!!!! I did ZERO by way of chores yesterday. We even reheated leftover Indian takeout food for dinner. The less I had to do yesterday, the better.

Nicole....LOL, I'm sure 3 stamps would more than cover the cost of the letter to Canada. I know it's not that different than what we pay for our letters. You can probably check the US Postal website and see what the rate is to Canada, for a standard letter? Where did this passion for gingerbread house building come from?

Well, DD#2 is asking me to do a puzzle with her, so I'll go do that. Maybe later I'll load the Teletubbies website on the tv, and let her chase the bunnies around with the Wii remote.

Have a great day!
Sandra

YogaX

I really wanted to get to yoga this morning but DS is throwing up, ewww! I'll have to wait until he's sleeping:(

I was supposed yo go to lunch with my BFF because today is her birthday. Unfortunately my DS's timing has delayed said lunch plans:(

Traci-X, Sorry you're still having internet troubles but because your with ATT, I delight in their shortcomings. They are the biggest competition for DH's company. I don't know where this GB bug came from but I'm just about over it. He said he doesn't want pictures up of it because he thinks family will steal his ideas. i told him tough luck, everyone wants to see this thing that has been stealing all of our time}{

Go Debra, Go Debra! You can do it! 2/3 of the way is almost there:) Just think, next year maybe it will be less since XDH will be out of the picture. Hey, did you get anymore "L" words last night? Do you think it's headed that way for you too? I guess time will tell. I am with you on leg work. I don't like it much either. That's why it's good to do P()X because it forces me to work them:D

Sandra, I'm glad you're enjoying your Wii. I have yet to investigate their usefulness. I guess I can take cues from your enjoyment:) I shall send the card via extra stamps today if I get out again. I have lovely in-laws that offer to pick up the remaining children from school if one is sick. I am so lucky to have such fantastic in-laws!

Tracy, Sounds like a nice mix of workouts today. Enjoy! How is work going? Are you done with classes? How is DS's GF doing? Do you think he is starting to figure out that she is not the dedicated, hard working woman he may want her to be? I get so surprised what girls some guys pick to fancy. I guess it's the knight in shining armor syndrome:p I'm glad you liked the card. Merry Christmas!

Teddygirl, If Ted can't spoil you at Christmas when can he? Oh never mind it's Ted, he does it all the time:p It must be nice to have a man dote on you. Is all of your shopping done?

Laurie, I hope you haven't frozen up;) Did you get anymore snow? Does Cami play in it at all or just do her business and run back in?

Jeanette, I think BK is a good sub for YogaX. He is really good with form pointers and I'm always sore the next day. I guess that's a good sign. Are you golfing or riding tonight? I haven't seen a weather report in days so I don't know if we will be getting a storm too.

Off to doctor my poor wee one. You all be good while I'm gone:*

Nicole

Bring it!!!

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Sandra: You really think that’s a tough week, I’m surprise you think that. KenpoX + Blast Challenge Hm…….hm…………..not bad. I’m looking forward to CST myself don't think I made it that far, hm...I shall see once I push play. You have a great day.

Nicole: I hope your son feel better soon. What can I say bout me Teddy he’s good to have around. Then when the alarm clock went off had the audacity to say, our you getting up to do your workout, PAY BACK tonight. Yesterday, he cooked big pot of spaghetti you talking about something good, I brought a bowl of it and some broccoli for my lunch. Enjoy your day.

Saturday, I made a low fat apple pie, I like to think that. I used 3 big Granny apples, 6 packs of splenda added vanilla flavor and quite a bit of country crock, cooked for 40 minutes and until crust was golden brown. It came out pretty good, darn it! I forgot to bring a slice

Saturday, after I finished my workout ran out to the mall to do more Xmas shopping Not quite finished almost.

Wow, it's a ghost town in here today. Are you all off living busy and fulfilling lives?

Nicole....Is this the same DS as was sick last week? Or has the germ migrated to another one? Poor kid. I hope he feels better soon. Yup, I can imagine that having in-laws who live locally would be very beneficial to you.

Teddygirl....Ah, yeah that seems like a pretty tough week to me. PlyoX PLUS a 30 min run? Yowza. Lots of cardio, lots of tough weight work. You'll have a great time :)

Well, maybe I'll preview P90 Plyo Legs and see if it's a refreshing sub for PlyoX.

Have a good night,
Sandra

Where is everyone today??? I hope all is well in your workout worlds! And that everyone's internet service is up and running! Let's see...I got a lot of my list completed today. I still have a couple of more Xmas cards to do...maybe after I finish posting I'll knock those out. My pooch is back from the groomer and smells much better now! I did SH back and chest plus Kari Anderson's Curl...I did the abs first..then planks then chest then back. I am sure I will be feeling my chest in the morning. I have major DOMS in my buttocks and hammies today from Slo Mo yesterday...maybe that's why I don't like to do legs...LOL! I am planning on doing cardio and maybe SH shoulders tomorrow.

I also just found out that CB is going to have off from work on my birthday weekend...so we are going to get to plan a little getaway! Anyone have any ideas for a good place to go??

Personals......

Jeanette...
Good gracious...2 prime ribs?? I guess you are feeding a crowd! Napa Valley has always been my idea of a great vacation! I really want to visit San Francisco, and then do Napa too. Did you ever see the movie "Sideways"? Funny movie!! A must for a wine person. LOL about the "homey" touch on the Xmas cards by actually signing them!! You crack me up. You must remember to go to the bathroom before you get to the golf course from here on out. Glad you enjoyed Bryan today...I like that one too.

Traci...
So sorry about all of your internet problems...I bet you have been stomping all over Wendell's head today! Glad you liked the looks of the menu at the wine bar....Once we are a 100% go, I will book it if everyone else likes it too. I'm sure with notice they can accommodate a large group. Glad you ducked from the bb I threw at you! Why do I hate legs so bad?? I LOVE the way my legs look when I work them...but I dread that workout every week. Before the X, I didn't even do legs regularly. But I can see a huge difference in the way my legs look now...much more muscular, less cellulite, etc. There are definitely some leg workouts I like better than others...X legs and BG are probably my 2 favorites...if there is a favorite to be had....lol. If it makes you feel any better about Lukie's diet...Polly goes and eats the cat's poop. YUCK.

Teddygirl...
Well, if Ted happens, I guess it just happens...LOL!

Sandra...
Interesting notes on the non opposing muscle groups...I will keep that in mind as I continue with my slow heavy rotation. I have already started this week...but I will try that next week when I go back to Slo Mo. I have always had to do the card thing since we have lived so far away from most of our friends and family. And my grandmother owned a card shop...so it's just something we do in my family. Glad the sleepover went well...I may give DD that option for her birthday this year. My DD gets out of school this Wednesday...and my mom is taking her for the afternoon and night. She goes back to school on Jan 3. XDH will be here to entertain her for a few days, too. We are going to do some holiday baking this Friday, so that should be be fun. I certainly understand about moving around. We moved 8 times in 10 years...and it is certainly hard to keep up with those friends you have. I have been lucky enough to make at least one good friend most places that we have lived and still keep in touch with a lot of them. I am actually going to see 2 of my BFF's from high school over the Christmas holiday...one of which I see about once a year or so...but the other one I haven't seen in probably 6 years or so...I guess there is a bonus to moving back to my hometown..along with running into all of those ex boyfriends...LOL! And just to let you know...I went out in public today with my jammies on...I pumped gas and went to the groomer to take the dog. I did draw the line at standing in line at the post office..although I did give it a thought...but the line was too long.

Nicole...
Hope DS is feeling better. Is it a bug or something he ate?? Poor thing! Were you able to get your workout in today? I am almost there with the cards...only 4 more to go!!! How is the GB house coming along??

Well, I don't know where everyone else is...but hope you are all well!! I will see you all in the morning.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Good evening,
Hope everyone had good days today. Mine was very busy, but makes the day fly. I didn't get my walk in this afternoon as an inmate escaped from one of the camps. I was left to answer phones in the office as the clerical staff had all gone to the Warden's office to scribe. Hope he gets nabbed.

Latrese, the bubble bath sounds WONDERFUL! Hope you are relaxed and asleep by now. Hope you like Legs & Back. I think it's a good one too. Are you cooking for Christmas? Bet you and Ted will be together for it. I've done XStretch several times and enjoyed it too. I noticed "magic" during Recovery Week. I'm on Recovery Week for the Lean Rotation right now. Hoping that magic kicks in. The lowfat apple pie sounds good. Did it have a crust?

Sandra, sounds like the sleepover party was a huge success. I would have had a great time at it too; movie, popcorn, pizza, pancakes! My 3 favorite "P" foods! LOL re: your DD flailing her arms with the boxing Wii. Maybe a Wii would help my golf pitching and chipping. I'm glad Wii games are popular. Anything that gets them moving their limbs. When we were kids, we moved around a lot, pinching, pulling hair, fighting. Don't know how our mother put up with us. We're all pretty close now. My 75 year old friend is an awesome mtn. bike rider too. He can do all that technical stuff on the trail pretty easily. I enjoy my Sunday rides with him.

Nicole, thanks so much for the Christmas card. I received it today. What a great picture of your family! Thanks again! So sorry your DS is sick. I hated throwing up when I was a kid. Just hated it. Just ignore your DH, WE want to see your pictures of the GB house. How was the competition on the Food Channel? I love that channel. We may be getting a bit of snow tomorrow and then again on Thursday.

Debra, when is your birthday? You and CB could go to some romantic lodge and go skiing. You know, the brandy by the lodge fire thing. Yep, I think we are having from 20-25 people here. I got busy today and didn't call my prime rib connection guy. If he can't get it, we may just have ham as I don't think I can afford that much prime rib for everyone. My parents went to a Portuguese celebration a few years ago. There is always an auction. Well, they bid on and received some wine and the movie "Sideways". They didn't know anything about it. They brought it over to our house to watch. To say the least, it was embarrassing to watch with them, then it just got funny. It was definitely not their kind of movie (nor ours really), but it was filmed around our home town (Lompoc and Santa Barbara - Nicole you may know the area) so they wanted to see it. Bet they've never watched it again. I loved the wine country when we went cycling there 4 years ago. Really want to go back. I did go to the bathroom twice before heading to the golf course. Must be the swing that stimulates the kidneys. Happens every time. LOL re: you out in public in your jammies. Sweats would be the closest I might get to doing that.

I'd better get off here now. Might pop in a movie. Have 2 sitting here that I need to watch before they can send my Harry/Sally movie.

Night,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.