Xers.........Merry Monday! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Happy Holidays to all.

I did Amy's Hi/Lo again yesterday, did I tell you all that I love that workout:)? Then Shiva's live yoga. I'm still feeling tight in an almost bad way from the Slo Mo legs.

Today is a run and some/lots of cleaning.

I see Traci is not starting us off. I almost used mournful Monday, but in an attempt to remember to celebrate the good things, I decided on Merry.

BBl,

Tracy

Good Christmas Eve morning,

Round 2, Lean Rotation, Phase 2, Week 5 (or is it 1?), Day 1 - Core Synergistics

Good workout today, though I had a little dread going into it. Think I did it last Friday as I was out of synch. I challenged myself for some of the moves and produced a nice sweat. Maybe the wine from yesterday is making me sweat more today. Anyway, felt good and stronger in the core. The bananas are not pretty. I don't put my legs down very far as I feel it in my back, better safe than sorry for sure.

Have to only work 1/2 a day, then pick up the prime rib. It's a 7 bone so it will probably look like Fred Flintstone's rack of ribs. Have cleaning to do, baking tonite, and few dog presents to wrap. Of course, I did nothing yesterday as those things were on my list yesterday morning too I think.

(((Hugs))) to Traci, I fear it's a sad morning. Hoping not, my friend.

Nicole, what a nice tradition to shop with your parents. Enjoy your time with them. It would sure be nice to do that with my parents, but alas, my mom is a huge procrastinator and is usually spending the day and night knitting or crocheting up gifts for everyone. She usually brings it right down to the wire, but is ALWAYS so tense during the holiday season. Guess maybe that is her comfort zone. Don't think I can change that for her. After these holidays, we can focus on eating better for sure. I had plenty of bars, cookies, snacks and 1 1/2 pieces of pie yesterday at the party. Not to mention the wine...

Tracy, what is it about Amy's Slo-Mo legs that everyone complains about potential back injuries? What kind of moves are tough for backs in this one? Will you be running with your DS? I used to always ride my horse on Thanksgiving or Christmas morning, before all the festivities began and if the weather allowed. It was a nice little tradition for me. I will get up early and get my workout in before it all starts up. No problem there.

Hi to everyone else that follows.

Jeanette

I think I caught up with everyone else yesterday,

Jeanette - If I can find someone, I always enjoy the conversation when I bike. I probably should join the local biking group and may this year. I think DH has probably seen almost every movie ever made. Since we got Dish, he watches movies every night into the wee hours of the am. Have a nice time with the family. Do you eat the fish they catch?

Nicole - It sounds like you all have some nice family traditions. Glad you popped in.

Tracy

Classic/ Week 6/ Day 1/ Chest, Shoulders, Triceps; ARX (+LIC combos 1-3).

Good morning,

DH is off work for the week and wants to do P90X with me. But he's not a 5am exerciser, so here it is almost 8am and we haven't worked out yet. I'm going to head down and do my 30 min cardio. Hopefully he'll be ready to go with the weights by then.

Traci.....I read your post from yesterday. I feel terrible for you and dear Sandy. I'm thinking of you. <<<<HUUUUUUGGGGSSSSSS>>>>>

Tracy and Jeanette: Merry Christmas Eve!! I'll be back after the workout to write a longer post.

Good day to all the Xers who are around today!!!
Sandra

Doubles/Phase 1/ Week 4 recovery :p/Day 1
Workout: 20 min jog + Butts & Guts (leg blast & floor work)

Thank you guys for the lovely Xmas cards:) :)

Good morning, I had a fabulous weekend, last night our family met over too my brother house for gift exchange it was nice and the food so good, My sister in law is a excellent cook. I got home late had so much fun, only wish I didn’t have to come to work today ARGH……………We are working 1/2:) :) day today. I finished all my shopping yesterday, Ted wrapped all my gifts this morning, that was sweet. I’m going home to clean and prepare for tomorrow, all me grandbabies will be coming over to see me, can’t wait!

This is what my Recovery week is looking like, altho this could possibly change;)

D2: CoreSyn
D3: Kenpo X + KM leg drills
D4: Hour jog or Imax +Stretch X
D5: CoreSyn
D6 YogaX or Stretch X
D7: Hour jog + GS legs

Hi All-
My little angel is now free of all pain & limitations...It was a beautiful experience guys.... she was so ready to go and all is well...... We put one of her puppy pictures in the Xmas Tree branches so she'll be with us ........ Lukie, Kabo & wendell are struggling much more than I am but I've been nursing her for so many months that I am finding myself smiling & laughing inbetween tears.
All is well my friends.... bless you for being who you are in my life.
Wendell & I are going to go out and soak up some holiday cheer by shopping for kabo & Lukie today...I hadnt shopped yet not sure what to expect for Xmas morning. Wendell is struggling so but even he said he felt the angels meet her spirit when she took her last breathe... I wish we humans were as humane to each other at our lifes end.

Thank you all for going thru this with me & holding my hand... I am blessed. Happy Christmas Eve to all & yours- I shall see you in the morning! I love you
:*

Merry and Happy to All Xers!

Traci, thinking of you at this time. It's a bittersweet event - love to all. Happier days are in the near future. Christmas is such a beautiful time. You and Wendell must surely be leaning on one another hard now. You are so fortunate to have each other's love and understanding. Thank you for the lovely holiday card. Enjoy your day shopping for your woofers!:)

Tracy, A super high five to your superior 20 pull up performance of last week.:7 How do you do it? What type of bar/bands/equipment did you train on for such a stupendous physical display of strength? Wow! Have yourselves a merry little holiday there in VA!:p

Debra, Enjoy the CB and DD holiday celebration! Live the life of single momdom and woman while it's good. It's got to be great to let your hair down and love it up with family and friends this year. Yippee! The Diva is divine! Thank you so much for the card!:p

Sandra, Go for the beer! That dinner for 2 must have been quite an evening.;) Have a joyous holiday event with your family. :+

I'm at work and it's quittin' time.

Fire up your workout sessions with good intention but, allow plenty of time to experience the full enjoyment of the holiday season ! Best to all xers - Jeannette, Carol, Amy, TG, Wendy, Lea, Carol, Laurie, Nicole, did I miss someone? Well you too! Love to all hope Santa brings you everything you want.}(

Hi all,

Traci - I was thinking about you this morning. I'm happy and sad for you at the same time. Sometimes gifts are unexpected.

TG - Glad the holiday is going well. You sound a little perkier than before. I'm off today, glad your day is short. What is Santa brining you?

Swifty - Perky as ever. Remind me later and I'll talk about the chin ups. Have a happy and safe holiday.

Back to cleaning. Thankfully I'm almost done, then I'm going out for a long run.

Happy festivities to all.

Tracy

Traci,

Your post brought me to tears. I really don't know what else to say, but please know that emotionally I am touched by all you've been through, and wish you, Wendell, Kabo and Lukie much strength and peace in the upcoming weeks.

Sandra

Hi all!! Just wanted to stop by and say hello before I begin making pies....and I am also planning on some nectar from Eoin in a bit. No time for long personals right now, since I still have some things to do before we head over to my mom's tonight for Christmas eve.

Traci...
{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

Swifty...
Nice to see you fly by!

Teddygirl....
Merry Christmas! Have fun with all of the grandkids!

Tracy...
Sorry you are feeling rough from Slo Mo legs...It's a tough one to do without hurting yourself, I think. I slept again last night, too....WooHoo!

Nicole...
I bet you will be glad when this holiday is over so that you can get some rest!

Jeanette..
I will be wishing I was there gnawing some of that prime rib tonight. DD enjoyed her visit with Santa yesterday....she still has to write her letter to him for tonight. You'll love 'The Saint'!

Sandra...
Tell that man to get a move on...you don't have all day to wait for him to exercise...LOL! Well, now that you mention it, I guess the considerate thing is to clean the poop off the floor before company comes.

Okay...off to bake pies...from scratch, let me add...And also let me say the reason I have to bake pies is that my mom's friend's (who we are eating with tomorrow) said I made the best pecan pie she had ever had....So there!!

Merry Christmas....I hope to be back later this afternoon...but if not, know that I am thinking of you all and wishing you the happiest of holidays.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

I'm back from my workout, and had a hoot. The kids like to join in with us periodically, and that always makes it enjoyable. ARX had all four of us on the floor together, and it was pretty funny watching us all. The toddler is hilarious.

Teddygirl....Nice recovery week. Christmas Day spent with the grandkids sounds like a lot of fun.

SwiftAmy....Merry Christmas to you too!! I suppose for you and Laurie that should be: Merry XXmas!

Tracy....I made it through most of Tosca's workout book yesterday. Here's what I think. It seems to be geared towards beginner weight trainers, primarily. There is some stuff for the intermediate and advanced level, but I'd say 80% is about trying to convince people to take up weight training, and how to go about it. She also views the purpose of weight training to be to shape your body into specific shapes, with an emphasis on "physique training". It's less about losing weight or improving general health than it is about making your body look proportionately pleasing. She argues the health benefits will follow. The specific physique shaping is where I become skeptical. For years we've heard that there's no such thing as spot-reducing, meaning you can't thin your thighs by doing side leg lifts. I agree with that. This argument that you can change your shape based on which exercises you emphasize, and you can change how your muscles look based on how you lift sounds a lot to me like the same kind of "spot reduction" argument. What do you think? Do you think you can change your proportions by weight training? I always thought proportions were genetically determined, and the best we can hope to accomplish by weight training is to make our overall muscle mass "pop", and cardio helps to reduce the fat covering them so they're more visible. Tosca argues that you can do so much more than that; as though your body is a lump of clay and all you have to do is alter your weight training a bit here and there (and eat super clean!) to change the shape of your body. Is it truly possible?

Jeanette....Your day yesterday sounded super enjoyable: fun exercise, good coffee, good company, good celebrations. Very nice!! Man, your posts are funny some times. The bit about your face and boobs racing to the floor cracked me up. The first Val Kilmer movie I ever saw was when he was quite young. It was a silly comedy/spoof that I can't recall the name of. But I developed a huge teenage crush on him. I don't see many of his movies, though, because he seems to be in the sort of stuff I don't care to see. I did enjoy him as Jim Morrison in The Doors, though. He was a perfect type-cast for that one. DH and I watched Ocean's Eleven *again* last night, while wrapping Xmas presents. We ran out of tape half way through, so will have to find something else to watch while we wrap tonight. Even though we ran out of tape, we watched the movie to the end. I love that show. DH is about half way through his second round of P90, and I'm gradually introducing him to more variety. Doing the same 2 workouts for 45 days, then another 2 workouts for 45 days, is a recipe for a plateau, don't you think? I'm thrilled he did CST and ARX with me today, even though he really struggled with it. He's already complaining about being sore LOL! I told him to only attempt 10 reps of each ARX exercise, so he doesn't blow out his back. He groaned when I told him he had to do that 2 more times this week :) I'm attempting to push him harder, so he can see the potential of what he can achieve.

Nicole....I hope you had a great time shopping with the family today!! Your Meez seems very appropriate!!!

Ho ho ho!!!
Sandra

Debra....I missed your post. I ADORE pecan pies!! And if you make the best ever, then you must make one at the meet up, okay? Have a great day!!!

Sandra

Good evening ladies,
Worked until 11:45 today, picked up the 23# prime rib, came home and took a catnap, vacuumed and dusted and just finished my 2 desserts. Will do the rest of the baking dishes in the morning and finish mopping then too. DS should be coming back home tonite with GF's son. They will probably hit the lake fishing tomorrow morning. I'm listening to my new Sarah McLachlan Wintersong CD right now. Baking is all done now.

Tracy, funny about your DH. Mine likes to stay up and watch movies, but only can on the weekends. Biking in a group is a lot more fun for me than solo. Hope you can find a group this year with people compatible to your riding. Yes, I like to bake or BBQ the trout DS catches. It's called Eagle Lake trout and the meat is pink and firm, like a salmon.

Sandra, I think that's great that your DH wants to work out with you. When my DH did Ab....Ripper....X, I heard so much moaning, made Dreya seem like a silent sufferer. Made me laugh how unaccustomed his abs are to those kinds of moves. He's always told me how hard his jobs are as he does physical stuff, carpentry, welding, construction, cutting wood. Well whatever muscles that stuff works, it's not the same as AbX! Glad everyone got a good laugh doing AbX together. I never get tired of listening to Tony in that one. Thanks you so much for the card. I got it today, along with the videotape. I plan on doing 30 minutes of Imax3 and then popping in the new Christi. What a sweetie you are! I just took your Peanut Butter/Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies out of the oven. Know they will be good. Which 2 workouts did your DH do over and over again? Was that his choice to do it that way? Hope he enjoys P90X as much as we do. I'm sure he doesn't moan as much as my DH. No one can moan that much LOL! Try not to be too sadistic to your DH just yet, wait a little bit }(

Latrese, so glad you enjoyed your get together. We will be having a BIG one tomorrow over here. We're trying to keep the menu fairly simple, prime rib, smoked turkey, baked potatoes, shrimp cocktail, green salad, green vegetable, rolls. Then of course, pies, bars, cheesecake. You know, the usual trough with us little piggies all lined up.

Traci, (((hugs))). I am so glad that you could feel the time was right. Hope you and Wendell could spend some time together today. I know the hurt. We all do and we are here with you, connected. It's amazing the bond we have developed. (((hugs))).

Swifty, so glad you stopped by, we all miss you so much. Thank you for your words for Traci.

Debra, bet the pies turned out really good. I love pecan pie, but have never made it. The prime rib will be tomorrow. Right now the roast is wall-to-wall in my fridge. It's a big-un and is over 18" long. Don't think I even have a pan that will accommodate it. Never fear, my DH is a millwright at heart and can rig up just about anything. Glad your little Diva enjoyed Santa today. What did she ask for? Thank you for the Eoin quote. I think I do enjoy life more than I used to, and appreciate my friends and family more. I needed to enjoy, I was always so focused on my activities. I feel guilty sometimes thinking, if I only worked on my relationships with friends and family as hard as my activities it would be a better thing in my life. I feel like I'm too vanity driven and need a swift kick in the bee-hind. Oh, finding the balance in it all.

Must go, wishing each of you a wonderful Christmas Eve. Oh yeah, DS surprised his girlfriend with a new Suzuki 4-wheeler. It's black and a beauty. Totally surprised her.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.