Xers.....Managing Monday...........

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just starting us off on the last Monday of August. How the years seem to fly by anymore; not just the days.

Happy Monday.

Tracy

Hi all,

Yesterday I ended up riding my bike instead of doing IMAX2 and the walking lunges. I needed to get out of the house. I spent half of my cleaning time putting junk away. It is so frustrating. The bike ride was great and I felt really good the first 35 then hit a little bit of a wall and had to eat a power bar to finish. I don't know what is in those things, but within minutes that sore lactic acid feeling was gone from my quads. Then I did a modified Magically Hips because everything is fatigued. I needed the stretch though; everything on my backside was tight.

Today will be the butt/leg workout, 300 walking lunges and some yoga. That will put me back on track with the rotation.

Traci - I hope that you enjoyed the bay. I'm not sure when you are returning. I was reading an article on TNation. There is a controversy over almost everything related to cardio, fat burning, weight training, working out, etc. It really is hard to know if there is any one good answer to any of it.

Have a great day and Hi to all who follow.

Tracy

Happy Good Morning Xers!

Over the weekend I did part of Long & Lean Yoga- a 60 minute mix n match circuit of Timesaver DVD and LIC Lower Body Circuit. Felt very energized so took advantage and got at the cardio- felt good....
Started ttom yesterday (2 days early)- Maybe with hormones finally getting leveled I get the "perk" of pre ttom energy surge like Sandra!

This morning is SH Shoulders - deciding between SH Legs or P90X Legs... Can she do both? LOL!

Special THANK YOU to all Xers for the fine tuning comments & details of www. I think all the eyes are needed! I am trying to figure out how to pay all of you vs my gal pal that is suppose to be doing that! I think when I meet with her tomorrow I will slowly bring our business relationship to a close- sticky territory we are bestest of friends!

Anyway- In all honesty I doubt I will get to personals from past few days so forgive me- I have read most and will go back and catch up on everyones life....

TracyX: I am astounded by how quickly the years pass by- I feel like I spent an eternity in my 20's but mid 30's onward are a blur. ~I pre-ordered the book you talked about- he looks like he has done alot of research and pratical application on women & building... Very excited to get it. Thanks for the heads up! ~ WOW on your workouts since returning from vacation. You are lifting like a mad man again!! I wonder if my 20# limit is mental... Not sure how to determine that without risking injury. Also wonder if its important I break that barrier... So many things to ponder.! ~ On TNation and conflicting theories.. BOY I'LL SAY! I do think as we've talked about that some of the magic is simply the shock to the body of something new- I also wonder if people put more into a new workout because they come off of auto pilot hence better results... I also wonder if its just the accumulative effect... months turning into years of proper training and nutrition- afterall i dont think you get a body like Cathe's by being "good" for a year or two- All I know for sure is that there is a TON of information and my head swims trying to keep up with it all since clients will surely ask.
I am trying to find a personal trainer for myself actually (Not thru a gym if I can avoid it) One thing all the certification places say is that you become a better trainer when you actually use one yourself. I think for me it will prove true if not for all. ~ SPECIAL HUGS and THANKS to you for your email- ;)

Well this got lengthy- LOL;) Back later to talk to everyone! Missed you very much this weekend! :7 :* :* :* :*

Good Monday Morning!

TracyX - I'm glad you got outside for a bike ride yesterday. Your workout today is going to be tough tough! A warm bath might be in order after this one. You did great with PUB the other day. Are you feeling anything in the upper body from it? I almost did the Creative Flow yesterday, too. It's lovely. But I decided to do the Yoga Shakti Lunar Flow for Flexibility instead. Also lovely. Lots of meditation in it, too.

TraciX - Hello! How was the bay this weekend? Are you and Sandy loving the new stairs? Is this your first time doing SH Legs? I remember you saying ages ago that you've never done it. SH Legs and P90X Legs are extremely different workouts, so you could conceivably lift heavy with SH, then switch up to the endurance work of P90X. Kiss your booty for me, though. It's going to need some love after that!! You're going to hire a personal trainer? Oooooh my! What a lucky person s/he will be! You're going to be a great client, and probably end up giving him/her more ideas than you'll be getting! Why are you going to end your business relationship with your friend? Are you not getting proper service? We've synced up again, btw. AF arrived yesterday for me, too. It's a couple days early; no biggie. I'm glad to see I finally seem to be settling into a proper cycle, at long last. I think it's because I'm not undereating. I had my energy boost at the end of last week, and it felt wonderful. Tomorrow should be the dreaded Day Three (gloom gloom). Switching topics: Cathe's physique is not given enough credit for mere lifetime consistency. She's been physically active for most of her life. As such her build is a demonstration of mature development, like a fine wine that has been carefully aged. I think it's unrealistic to expect that someone can start a program and look like her within a year or two. At least, not if there's any fairness in the world! I should hope that someone who has been consistently training hard for 10+ years will have a more solid physique than someone who has only been training for a 10th of that time. I also think there's a lot to be said for training the body while it's still young and full of natural growth hormones. I think our activity levels when we're young create a base level of muscle development that can't be changed once those hormones level off and begin to decrease. Have you ever read anything about childhood activity levels and adult muscle development?

Anointed - Do you still have some energy like yesterday? Imax2 is fun. Except for those one-legged genie hops. I can't stand those.

WendyX - How are you feeling today? Still having dizzy spells? Those aren't good! Is today Day 1 of the new school year? I enjoyed your tale about the cave exploration the other day. Thanks for taking us on a virtual field trip!! What cardio will you use the CCs for? Cycling? LMAO....they're PlaTEmates, not PlaYmates!

Cheryl - Tough workout yesterday! You're doing very well with your eating.

NicoleX - Well, I'm going to do DM today, if I can get my butt unglued from the computer. Wish me luck! We only have one more week until the kiddos are back in school. Will you be making that long drive again every day?

Amy - Hola! So what did you do with your evening off work?

Is JeanetteX back from whatever adventure she went on this weekend?

Carol, Jenn, SwiftAmyX.....and whomever else I missed: have a great day.

Off to do DrillMax, then possibly the BG floorwork and stretch.

Cheers,
SandraX

Good morning ladies! Hope you guys are all well. I am getting ready to head back home from SC this morning, but just wanted to pop on to say hello. I haven't had a chance to catch up on the weekend happenings, but I will try to do that this afternoon. Haven't gotten any real exercise in this weekend...unless you count tipping back a few cocktails exercise! LOL! We went to the beach on Saturday and just laid around....the water was so warm! Then yesterday we went to the pool in the morning where I actually swam a few laps and then off to my BFF's recital and then out for dinner. At least I have eaten well this weekend....lots of seafood. Yummy!

Okay...gotta get packed and head out...Hope all you you have a great day.

Debra

Debra~
So good to see you! Sounds like your BFF Weekend was a success! Looking forward to catching up with you later.

Sandra~
LOl on legs today- I just finished SH Legs & Shoulders and had already decided that Leg X would be a grand add-on! LOL
I did 2 sets of SH Legs vs 3 in prep for Leg X in a bit. I had not done SH Legs before and was pleased with my performance. I did have to lower from my 45# bar tho but that was due to upper body giving out trying to lift it off... at one point I just stood there w/ bar on my back thnking- now how the he** will I get out of this little situation...LOL The SH Shoulder work is some of the best onthe market IMO- I am FRIED- TOASTED- POPPING OUT! }( I LOVE SH shoulders.. I so appreciate the rotator cuff work when Cathe throws it in- I can tell that I havent done alot of that in awhile- I was up to 7#s for all the SH sets a few months ago- not today...5 & 3s with lots of verbal OUCH! ~~~ Sandys "ok" on new stairs- she still has moments (early AM) when I have to go up behind her and assist booty but its MUCH better than before- I meant to take my camera to post the old version / new... Thanks for asking about her. :* Maybe this month we wont have our GLOOM day... It IS possible isnt it? :(
Thats VERY interesting about training young muscles... I havent heard/read/thought about that but makes perfect sense doesnt it? OK- Its settled...My next life I shall be an active athlete not a pudgy shy kid! ENJOY Drill Max plus all your add-ons- You and Tracy are setting out to make me a wimp! xxoo :7

Hugs to all who follow- Off to fry the remainder of my leg capacity with LegX - will push play and go til I drop! }(

Good Morning Xers:)

Tracie: Welcome Back! Terminator, just what a girl needs, I love all the workouts. Thanks you again:D

My Ted and I went out to dinner yesterday spent the entire day after church, Mexican Restaurant and drinks. Went back to my home had a wonderful evening and night. No workout, this morning but tonight going for a super long walk, lots to do clean and start packing. I was late for work this morning too}( }( Check Back~

Morning Xers,

Workout: CTX Kickbox (cardio) plus PUB Abs / Yoga (haven't decided on wich one yet) Or it just may be a Yoga, depends on how I feel when I get home. :)

I'm going to be so glad when faire is over with. :) Three more days. No rain this weekend but it sure was muddy. I had a happy moment with a young boy yesterday. I meet him and his family outside the gates. They where waiting for the grandparents to arrive. Both boys where very shy, and I was trying to talk to them. Before I left I said if I happened to see them on the streets of Bristol that I would expect them to hail me with a Good Day! Well I saw them later that day, and the oldest boy walked over and gave me a big hug. Almost made me cry. :D His brother just kept walking, and still wouldn't look at me. :)

Today DH and I are celebrating out 19th Wedding Anniversary. He is working a day shift today, so he will be home this evening. I don't know if we will be doing anything special. Just being with the girls and each other is enough. :) He gave me a dozen roses. :) And they are beautiful and smell wonderful. And he said that he is taking me to the perfume shop at the faire to get me my favorite sent. Yippee, I was running out. :)

Tracy, Sounds like a great workout today. You are doing the walking lunges outside? My neighbors look at me funny when I do the lunges. :D My DD's at first where embarrassed, they now tell the neighbor kids that I'm exercising and making my legs strong. Then they tell me what was happening. They say the neighbor kids think I'm crazy. I ask them what they think? There answer was, "you exercise for your health Mom", their parents don't exercise at all. :D

Tracy, Do you like the Long & Lean workout? If I like YogaX would I like this one. I am still looking for more yoga that I will like to do. So you are looking to get a personal trainer. Is this sort of like a doctor treating himself. :D I understand though why you would need too. When would you be starting the interviews for one? You could probably do SH Legs & P90X, but then I don't want to hear any complaining about your major DOMS! :7 :7 :7 :7 Complain away, because then I will know if this would kill me someday! ;-)

Sandra, I'm another one that doesn't like those genie hops. x( For some reason they jar my feet really bad. And you are right on target about Cathe's physique.

Debra, Glad you had a good time with your BFF. You can tell the difference in your post already. :)

Will look at the weekend posts when I get the chance.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi, everyone! Push/Pull UB premix only for me this a.m. It's all I have time for and my booty is toasted from yesterday.

Debra, glad you are back safe and that you had a good time with BFF. Just what you needed. What did she do for the recital? Does she sing? Play an instrument?

Better get going to work - but enjoying everyone's posts this morning.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

Cheryl

Good morning,
Had a wonderful weekend. Saturday was a 42 mile 4-wheeler ride up to a lake and ghost town. There were 9 4-wheelers total in our group. My sister, her DH and DD really, really enjoyed the ride. They don't get to do those kinds of things so it was a treat for them. I took some pictures and they turned out well. We're already talking about doing a similar trip next year when they come up. Sunday was spent discussing my Grandmother (age 93) and her care. She's now living up here with my parents. Up until a few weeks ago, my sister had provided Grandma's care but it was taking up more and more of her time and she just can't provide that anymore. I never got a bike ride in yesterday, or all week for that matter, as it was too windy. I did Christi Taylor's Totally Hot Step and it was really fun for me.

Today, I'm starting Nicole's rotation, but with Week #2 so I can be doing it along with her. Today was GS B,S&B. My arms are fried right now. I will try to get a short bike ride in after work tonite too. I have a hill climb competition on Thursday.

Tracy, sounded like a good bike ride for you. Glad the Power Bar helped your legs. Can you provide a link to that discussion on TNation?

Traci, glad you are back. Hope you had a good time at the Bay. TTOM is scheduled for this week for me too. Yuk. I've wondered about the density of muscle that Cathe has due to just lifting weights for so long. So you are looking for a PT for yourself? Keep us posted.

Sandra, I think you are right on with Cathe's physique being so good due to a lifetime of lifting weights and moving a lot. I like to believe that because I've only been working out for about 3 or 4 years and use that excuse as to why I don't look like her LOL!!! Enjoy this last week before the kids go back to school, or are you hoping it passes by quickly? Growing up for me, I'm sure my Mom couldn't wait until school was back in session, what with 5 kids. We fought all of the time, pinching, teasing, etc. I'm surprised she never turned to drinking with us around.

Debra, glad your time was good with your BFF. Bet there was a lot of discussion going on too re: your DH and the situation. Hopefully, you received some good advice, hugs and relaxation of your mind for a bit.

Laurie, Happy Anniversary to you and your DH. I definitely felt the love in your relationship by the way you spoke of being happy just being with your DH and children. That's the way it should be. I can imagine how awful the mud would be at the Faire and trying to keep your beautiful costumes clean. I'm sure you can't just throw those dresses in the washing machine.

Anointed, sounds like a nice day yesterday with Ted. Enjoy your walk tonite too. Are you still job hunting?

Hi to everyone else, I will try to post more tonite. Hopefully, it will be a less busy week.

Jeanette

[font face="tahoma"]Happy MONDAY Xers![font/tahoma]

General Stuff
OK- I did Leg X after SH Shoulders & Legs… Yep- I shall sit as much as possible today! LOL

My new paying client starts today at 5pm…. She’ll do Monday & Thursdays – Gotta get working on my game plan for her.

P~E~R~S~O~N~A~L~S
::::::::::******:::::::::::::::::::::**********::::::::::::::::::::::

[i ]JEANETTE-X[/i]:
What an active weekend! I bet you send your guests home READY for a vacation! What a great hostess you are!

[i ]CHERYL[/i]
GREAT WORKOUT! Fry baby fry! Thanks for snail mail enclosure!!! Havent read yet but will do soon! I appreciate the effort snail mail takes! xxoo

[i ]TEDDYGIRL[/i]
So glad you like Terminator! Its nice when people actually USE a workout they own! Want the TED details!!!!!!! I’m blushing already!

[i ]LAURIE-XX[/i]
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! That’s a BIG one! I am excited we’re making it to year 6! I think you’d REALLY like Long & Lean if you like YogaX- Only 60 minutes tho- but you could do it x2! Your Faire story choked me up- see how you make a diff in lives without really knowing it? I LOVE that feeling.

Happy Day to all!

GC BS&B (51 min) + Abs?

DH is home today and you know what that means.....less of me around here today:(

He's on a bike ride but I have to start my workout so I can get it done earlier. I have to take DS's to the dentist this morning then off to the beach for the last time this summer:(

JeanetteX, Glad to have a partner this rotation:)

DebraX, Have a safe trip home! Missed you:)

Laurie, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Traci-X, Good luck with the new paying client!!!

Cheryl, Enjoy your workout:)

SandraX, Ooooh DM! Have fun with that:)

TracyX, Enjoy those walking lunges}(

Anointed, Glad you had a nice evening with Ted:D

Hi WendyX, AmyX, SwiftyX, Carol & Jenn!

Oh, who did I forget?:(

See you later,

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

Good morning all.....er....afternoon..

I slept last night! I went to bed about 10p and didn't see the light of day until noon today! It always amazes me that I can do that, but then I've always been able to.

Traci- Good luck with the new client! I know that she will get her money's worth and you will work wonders with her!!!

I'm a bit frustrated with myself...I've been falling back into some of my old bad habits and have put enough weight on to make the clothes not fit right.x( x( x( x(

SO, I'm going to start something called the Velocity Diet. It's a proven/researched method to kickstart the weight loss as well as to crush cravings (which I NEED). It's a little extreme, but still healthy.....protein/flax/pb shakes for 28 days! I have researched it a lot over the weekend and am up to trying it! Then after the 28 days, I am hoping that my overwhelming cravings for carbs/sweets will be crushed and I can get back to me clean eating without too many issues!

Tracy- Please enjoy those walking lunges for me! Do you do them outside? I don't even have enough room in my house to do 10! Doing 300 would make me dizzy!

Debra- I am glad that you had a good weekend! Hugs!

Laurie- Happy Anniversary!

Et.Al......Hugs to you and I hope that you had a good weekend!

BBL

Tracie: I’m been blushing all morning too:) Ted details, hm let’s see, really tho, not much to tell, that I can talk about here:p OMG they’d throw me off this forum}( , just know that we had a very nice evening. We even talked about getting back together, minus all the drama, me swears I don’t need that sh$$.

This is why I wouldn’t get with him other days, we’d plan then by end of my work day it changed. Anyway, we tried our best not to focus on our pass, blaming one another and we succeeded last night. Okay at times, I would mention something than he’d say, okay now, your doing good, he did to and I'd say okay now, things are going to good. And then we'd end up snuggling and hugging:+ We did good the problem is we are both jealous of being with another, if that makes sense.

Good Afternoon Ladies,

It's so nice to see some of y'all back from your weekend away from me!;-)

First day of school is done. It was an easy day. I'll continually add more to it as the week progresses. I think I'm going to try waking up earlier to workout before the girls begin their day. If I don't, it'll probably be pushed aside for the more important stuff: my children's education, a home that doesn't resemble a environmental clean-up site, and oh... dinner.:7

Tracy-X: I hear you! Cleaning and organizing can be frustrating! I almost broke down in tears when I started putting the kitchen stuff away. The task seemed monumental. Almost everything had a layer of dust covering it. Intermingled with the kitchen things were the kids' things that were never properly put away. If it weren't so depressing, I would have lost it. It's good you were able to escape. We're still not finished putting everything away. I doubt I'll leave Phil to his own devices. I'd like to know where things are once I have a kitchen again.:7 Have fun with the lower leg/glute workout for the day!!!

Traci-X: Glad to see you took full advantage of being hormonally balanced!:) Don't tell me you did both leg w/os. Crazy!!!:7 ;) Of course Cathe didn't achieve her body from a year or two of being good. She's been in the fitness industry all her life. It's probably easier to maintain a fit body and to bounce back from illness and pregnancy than to reverse the damage done from years of bad habits and an unhealthy lifestyle at an older age.:7 I'm wondering just when I'll stop pushing ahead for a stronger, leaner body and be content to maintain with small changes. Does anyone do that anymore? I know I sound tired. I think I am.

Sandra-X: Yep! You articulated what I was thinking about Cathe's body and age. I would rather have your mind than Cathe's body!:7 I haven't had any dizzy spells today. I feel like a Victorian woman how it comes upon me without notice. I still need to make an appointment. It's starting to worry Phil. Platemates!!! OH MY WORD! Are you serious! LOLOLOL That is sooo funny! Yeah, I homeschool!}( :7 ;) I haven't decided what I'll use CC for yet. I may download some iballets if I don't end up selling my Fluidity Bar on Craig's List. DS has been wanting me to buy his generic brand MP3 player off him so he can buy one with more storage. Can you believe that! Who does he think bought him that one to begin with!!!! It's like this weekend. Phil spent $20.00 on lemonade, a cooler, cups, and ice for eldest dd's lemonade stand. And does he get a break? Nope! They made him PAY for a glass of lemonade!!!! sigh Some people's kids!:p ;) To top it off, she split the $16.00 with a neighbor girl for helping. Looks like an economics course is needed!

Debra-X: Nice to have you back again!:) Your bff's recital? Does she play an instrument? I hope you had a martini for me. I could have used one yesterday!

Laurie-XX: Ahh. What a sweet story about the boys! Happy Anniversary!!!! The roses sound beautiful. I love having fresh flowers in the house. What is your favorite perfume?

Jeanette-X: I'm glad you were able to spend some quality time with your sister and her family this weekend. I'll have to go back and take a peek at Nicole's rotation before I decide to do Carol's faux X rotation. If I do the same one y'all are doing, I'll have that added accountability. Hmmm... Do I really want that? LOL Decisions, decisions.

Nicole-X: Tell dh that although I'm sure he's a great guy and I would probably talk his ear off if I ever met him while biking, to go away now! Get back to work. Go ride his bike. Go mow the grass. Go visit the guys. Go anywhere, do anything except stay home and take our Nicole time away.:p }( ;)

My time is up for now. Hi to Carol, Jenn, Cheryl, Annointed TG, Amy-X, Amy, and anyone else I might have forgotten. Blame it on my poor mind.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi all,

I'll catch up on personals in the morning. 300 Walking lunges along with squats and a few other leg exercises are done, plus 50 minutes of yoga. I love the two sun saluatations on Fluid Power. They require so much core strength:)

It looks like everyone here has the same dread factor for walking lunges that I do. I've tried to integrate them before with no success. That's part of the reason I'm sticking to this rotation; to see if they really do any good. I do them outside and it is MENTALLY, no physically painful. It takes about 12-13 minutes. I used 5's, I should have used maybe 7's, but went heavy with the other leg work and decided against that, plus the rotation calls to do the lunges the day before the leg workout. My legs were shaking after the workout and yoga. I must say though, that after one week of this, legs 3x per week, my legs felt really strong when I rode yesterday. I'm hoping that by week 4 I'll see major improvements. I'd love to get rid of the last little fat on my legs.

Still contemplating the carb thing. I know that when I decreased carbs with the x, I saw physical results. I've been continuing to keep carbs at a minimum, except on cardio days, and my body is even adjusting to that and I don't have the cravings anymore.

Traci - I was glad to send the email comments. If you need me to look at anything else, don't hesitate to ask. The extensive revision of the thesis gave me a lot of practice. I think that you really have to consider what your goals are when you are training, and I know that I keep saying that, but it lends focus to the workout in a very literal way. I realized that I'd been plateaued on my lifting for several years, and as Sandra said once, "I don't want to just move weights." Actually this month is supposed to be more of an endurance based focus for upper body, but I'm learning that you can still make strength gains while training for endurance. They are not as fast, but in my case, building that lean muscle base slowly will hopefully prevent injuries. I think that if you want to lift heavier you surely can. A lot of it is mind over matter. I surprise myself when I push myself, but it takes a lot of mental energy, and my goal, continually keeps me focused. A totally agree about the shock and renewed mental focus when people try something new. I think that really objective fitness data is probably very hard to come by. An educated consumer is a good consumer, and in your case, I think that taking the customer's goals and personality into account will probably get the best results.

Later, I'm making burgers for the group and salad of course for me, with some fish. I'm running out of ideas for lunch/snack low carb foods.

Tracy

Just coming by to say that I love the changes you have made to your website, Traci! Everything looks fantastic! Hope things are going well with your new client tonight!

Take care all...be back tomorrow to catch up a bit more.

hugs to all!
Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Good evening,
Had a good day at work. However, TTOM came today, 2 days early. What is up with all of us and TTOM hitting at the same time. Almost freaky, huh?

I did get my bike ride in tonite and met my goal for the year. I reached 18.0 mph average on my 20 mile loop that has one good hill on it along the way. I think I will do the hill climb on Thursday night and that will probably be the last competition for me this season as my college golf class will start and take precedence over the last couple competitions.

Cheryl, Push/Pull is a good one, though it doesn't get much mention on the forums. Hope you had a great day at work today.

Traci, I can't wait to hear how your client's session went today. We want all the details!!!! I hope she realizes how special you are. I am so jealous that she gets to work with you. Wouldn't it be fun if we could all get together? Work out or just socialize?

Nicole, yep, we're in this together, however, I see you added abs to yours. I had the time, guess I should have done so too, but remember, I'm the lazy Xer and don't think of those things. Not sure what Drill Max Cardio Leg Blast is, but it's on the agenda for tomorrow.

Amy, glad you got the nice long sleep. Been ages and ages since I've really slept in. Keep us posted on the Velocity Diet. My eating hasn't been too good lately either.

Teddygirl, glad you had a nice time with Ted. Darn, no details that you can share. Must have been pretty steamy. Hoping for the best for both of you.

Wendy, glad school went well for you today. Think my DD started my GS's first day today. She homeschools too. He's in 3rd grade. Oh come on, let's do Nicole's rotation. Most of the routines are around an hour. I'm starting on the 2nd week as that's where she is. It'll be fun...

Tracy, good workout today. I'll finally be doing some yoga as Nicole has it written into her rotation that I am following. It's about time I did some...

Got to go, will check in in the a.m.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.