Xers.... iT's Tuesday......

blkblt

Cathlete
Hello Xers,
Today is Day 4, Week 3, Phase 2 so Yoga in store for me. I'll do that later. I am going on a field trip with a friend to some kind of abbey...she's the one driving. Let me see a little more of our lovely country. Bee back later to check out what's going on.
Debra ~~ When is your retreat? Who knows, if I'm going to be around and DH is somewhere in the world, maybe I can arrange to come!:)

Happy Tuesday X Team!:7 Everyone feeling good today (or at least better?);-)

My knee is tender today but no worse for wear after stepping & jumping yesterday so we're gonna call it "healed":D

Today is KPC/LG Circuits - been ages since I did this mix & if I recall time flys & its super effective... probably wont be tackling the 2 hr version as Sandra enjoys on her rest days;-) but I will do the other one (1 gr I think?).....

Thought I'd caught up with all yesterday.then I see that all the owls came out to play! Will need coffee for that! :+

BRB:*

Hi all,

Today is cardio and some sort of stretching. Nothing fun or interesting. I'm already thinking another 8 weeks of the x; ughh. I feel like I've plateaued at certain weights and I just can't push past it. I guess I'll increase my reps. It takes a lot of discipline to keep pushing on some of these exercises.

I have a long day at work. We are implementing a new computer program for our IEPS and it has several glitches. It is taking 3 hours to do what we could do in 30 minute with the old system. I'm sure in the long run it will be great, but until then we are all a little stressed. Then I have a meeting with a nutty Mom who is accusing one of the teachers of some ridiculous stuff. The majority of our parents are GREAT. Unfortunately, there are a few who are whacky.

Jeanette - I've always thought the Turbo Jams looked like fun, but I've never bought one. Glad you are getting some precipitation. We were really dry at the end of the summer too. I'm not sure we've gotten anything really noticable, just enough to keep things yucky. I'm sure the bloat will disappear with a few pounds.

Debra - Nothing at the vet is cheap anymore. It cost me $300 to get my Jessie cremated and when she had a siezure two years ago it ended up being over 1500 and they never figured out what caused it. Then I was telling my Mom and she's like you paid that much and I'm like well I wasn't doing the alternative which was to bring her home and burry her.

Nicole - Glad you are getting the eating back under control. I added extra protein to my lunch, about 100 calories, and it probably saved my 2-3oo in a snack because I wasn't hungry when I got home. I know calories in and calories out count, but what calories sure makes a difference for me.

Carol - I hope the ankle heals fast. It suc*s to get old, and you're not even old yet:) LOL.

Traci - I always enjoy C&W. It's just a nice overall workout. If I'm doing pushups regularly, I usually go heavier on rear delt work and much lighter than I can handle on front raises to balance the muscles. The anterior delt gets worked in flys too, so you just have to be really careful. Can you do dips?

Kim - I bet cancelling and rescheduling patients is a PIA. I hope DS feels better soon.

Sandra - What are you doing today? I think that the one fallacy with the x is that it probably isn't really enough time to truely build up the supporting tissue for some of the exercises and that could cause injury. I think STS will prevent that, just by the progressive nature of the lifting.

Laurie - We put tile in our kitchen area just for the clean up. I don't have to worry about it and it's different browns, and hardly ever shows the dirt.

Lea - Glad you are feeling better.

Christiane - Are you a yoga subber or will it be yoga X?

TG - The rep speed is faster on BM2, but it's more of an endurance workout. Sometimes I'll just go heavy, ignore her count, and work to failure. The sequence of the exercises is good though. I never do all of those dips either. That just seems like overkill, but again, it's endurance.

Tracy

Almost forgot I watched Dreya on the Farmers Insurance commercial- I saw it come on and actually hit RECORD! (I needa life dont I?) If you re-play over & over in slow mo & stop you see it is absolutely her! ROF! I think it was Laurie that first spotted her??? Anyway- yep its her! BTW: Are there any hidden VooDoo dolls in X+?

Jeanette X
Oh goodness pms doesnt usually "get you" does it? Sounds like its just one of those months! I wonder if shrinking fat cells make it harder?}( ~ I know my mom & sis both really struggle financially in the winter - I recall visiting one dreary Februaruy & mom would just freak out when I turned the heater above 65! I wrote a check to PG&E & went & took it to them to credit her account... I told her that it wasnt worth losing yor life over... Thats the worst part about CA living for most of us- the quality of life just goes down too much unless you are well established financially and/or have a 2 income home. I'm so glad you & DH have each other & a wood stove!:7 BTW: Is DH still on the prison grounds these days? Is it a long term gig? Do ya ever get to sneak away for a quickie lunch together??? ~ I LOVE the idea of a Pre-D Party for Debra!!! :7 If she isnt careful it will be a combo Pre-D & Engagement Party!:eek: :eek: Interesting you said that about traditional chest work vs push-ups... I woke up thinking about that today (as my chest is super duper sore from just a couple of sets of weighted chest work yesterday)- If I think back to X Days- ??Were my arms/chest/back really super toned because of all the pushups compared to using heavy weights?? I dont think so.... I'm not saying they dont have a place in our overall good fitness but to do them like X does them just seems to be to have LOTS of varied chest work since traditional doesnt offer many options... just thinking outloud;-) LOL on the book! You & I read the same way...mind wanders & we set mini-goals for # of pages! Thats hysterical! I thought I was the only one like that. SHHHHHHH I also read the last chapter of EVERY book first - just in case I dont make it!}(

Debra X
Let me GOOGLE that pool/virus thing & get back to ya!:+ Thansk for Yoga/Shoulder thoughts... I think when I was actually "doing" it vs talking about it:+ I saw the greatest posture improvement in just a few sessions..It was amazing really- I have it on my rotation but just once a week... I need to figure out how to do it a bit more. ~ See post to JeanetteX if ya wanna know what we have planned for April!:* ~~ Had a thought on how to get XDH to agree to your terms... Offer him 1 night of mind-blowing sex in exchange for his signature- kinda like that Woody Harrelson & Robert Redford & Demi Moore movie.... It may not be MILLIONS at stake but by golly whats a little nookie amongst married folks??????:+ Also- I think its in your best interest to fire your attorney & just hire me- my strategy seems to be more effective!:7 I only charge based on results!

Nicole X
It sure is good to hear you back to your old bubbly self. Its so hard to be in a "funk" regardless of the reason- I wish I had a magic pill for us all when we "go there". :* I feel like Core+ is almost an extra full body w/ bodyweight. I think that it is a gem & so well thought out. ~ Oh I agree the STS unfolding story is making me want to not only do Cathe workouts every day but actually making my mind focus to get my booty in shape! }( I am THRILLED with this project plus everything she is accomplishing...Imagine having probably 20+ years of vision unfolding? I am not only excited by her I am inspired. ~ Which High Protein/Low Glycemic bars are you using these days???? I need a good easy grab & go food to keep in my car.

Tracy X
So exciting when a girls "hang time" increases}( }( }( Seriously tho- it does require super strength is so many areas of your body- its amazing! Have a great & peaceful day!:*

Classic/ Week 11/ Day 2/ PlyoX (Subbing and add a leg workout)

Good morning. My computer tells me it's currently -42C (-44F). I don't know if I've ever seen a -40 temperature before. The house has been making these loud popping noises all night. I hope it stays together. A I sat down a few minutes ago the power went out for a minute. It's back on, obviously, but I guess I'd better be prepared for it to go off at any time.

Today I'll be doing IMAX3 and GS standing legs. This sounded like a fun idea until I had such a crappy sleep. Oh well, I'll give it a go anyway.

BBL to chat more,
Sandra

Hi all...I am headed to breakfast with CBL before I go the the pool with all of the germ infested urchins. I hope the chlorine actually works and disinfects them...LOL! I will definitely being doing PP upper today....I also have to finish preparing for my presentation. It might be a nice idea to finish up the laundry I started last week too!

Christiane...
The Xer retreat is the first weekend in April....and we would love to have you!!!!

Sandra....Brrrrrr!!!!!

I will catch up with the rest of you lovely ladies after I return from the cesspool.
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

SandraXx :+
"Dont Boys Need To Practice Too?" PRICELESS!

TracyXx
Your "Nothing fun or interesting" made me smile! Your workouts are always creative & interesting to us! Ahhh- computer upgrades! Arent they just the best? x( I shall keep my fingers crossed that all goes as smoothly as can be expected! Do you guys have an In-House IT dept or do you contract it out? ~ Good info about adding in the extra protein... I have to say that I read the "outbursts" on OD at times about Calories in/calories out, but I know for a fact it isnt true 100% of the time.(my body for 1)...calorie quality DOES count- I will go to my grave argiung that.... We are fat in America because "some expert" told us long ago that a donut @ 600 calories reacts/responds the same way in our body & in our fat cells as 600 calories of lettuce (ok- being dramatic;-) ) Its ridiculous if you ask me... You DID ask me didnt you?:eek: :eek: :eek: ~~ On the dips... I can do them if I dont go too low & if its not during a flare-up of the shoulder...Otherwise I use cables & do press downs- I get a better burn that way anyway-

OK- Time to get movin' & groovin for work this morning & PM... 3 clients today (in person) OY!

Slow&Heavy/week II/day 2
Workout: cardio coach #1 + S&H chest & Back

Good morning lovelies:) :)

Quick check in, me boss is here today argh…………x(

Last night, I didn’t feel like working out so I took me hot bath and watched TV:) I’ll check back later.

Jeanette: Hello, I’m reading Group Home GuideBook by Sarah Johnson…

Good morning xers! Popping in for a very quick hello. I’ve been busy busy. DH and I have been in study and organize mode. We created shopping, menus, schedules, to do lists on the computer over the weekend. Hoping DD will become more integrated and self-sufficient.

I’m on my 8th week of my Cathe rotation. First four weeks -GS’s and Imax3, DrillMax, Kickmax cardio and a few core from P90X and Tracie Long. Second four weeks PU, ME, BM2 double upper for upper. B&G, PLB and ME with running and above cardio. I’m seeing good strength and endurance gains.

I always do the bonus and all reps. I’m most proud of using 30# DB’s on lat rows (GS) and 40# barbell on the bi work in GS. I load 25# on the bb with ME bicep work. "It’s all about strength not time off". I love when Cathe says that.

Considering another round of X soon. I only wish I knew when STS would be released- June-August?
Okay, that’s it for my self-absorbed post.

Looks like most of us are working it hard and keeping happy. Best to those with twinges of pain. Use caution and keep at it.

Hello to Sandra, Laurie, Traci, Tracy, Carol, Debra, Lea, Jeannette, Latrese, Nicole, Christianne, Kim, Woo hoo to Wendy! Hello to those I missed:) Bye! Mwah!:*

Hi again all- Well my day has gone to he!! in a handbasket! :+ What EXACTLY does that silly phrase mean???

AM Client cancelled to tomorrow..... 1 of 2 PM clients cancelled til tomorrow.... The remaining PM client is only because she cancelled LAST NIGHT! - Good thing I'm a nice PT & dont charge for last minute cancels!

SWIFTY::
Great gains- I am Woman! :*

Teddygirl::
Tell that boss of yours you have better things to do!:7

DEBRA::
Breakfast Date? WooHoo!!!!!! Take a deep breathe & dont let it out til after you get home & disinfected!!! Hope DD is feeling like her old self today:*

SANDRA:::
When did we start adding anything to an Imax Day???? You are now officially my craziest Canadian friend:*

No excuses to NOT whip out the old workout early!!!

Good morning,
Today was Cardio & Weights. The whole thing, girls! I did the step with 2 risers as I wanted to burn some more calories. Fun cardio for sure. My upper body is feeling it too.

Christiane, enjoy the abbey today. Would love to see pictures sometime. Which yoga are you doing later on?

Traci, glad the knee is okay. If you say it's tender, seems to me it will probably be just a slight memory by next week. Of course, I only play a dr. on TV. I've seen that Dreya commercial before too. Yep, DH is still working up at the next door prison. We actually have 2 side by side prisons here. The one DH is working at is the maximum security one. I'm at the lower security one. He's getting used to the government crapola. He can only work 9 months out of the year on the program he's on, think he's off during the summer. I feel so sorry for him. Hopefully, he'll get some of those chores done around the house during that time. I thought of you during the chest presses and flies in C&W today. I like doing weighted chest work (maybe it's cuz I'm laying down) but really don't like the pushups at all. Nothing that makes me want to increase them or go lower any more. Just not motivated in that regard right now. Sorry. But I sure admire you guys that are. Sorry about the cancellations. My sister has not checked in with me since Saturday. Got to find out what's up. She's so disgusted with her weight going up again. I'm hoping I can be able to steer her in the right way when WW works out for me. Hard to tell right now, bloat, ugh!

Tracy, sorry you sound a little blah about the X today. If anyone has the determination to push thru, it's you! Hope the day goes okay. New systems can be such a pain when implementing them. Working out those bugs.

Swifty, good to hear from you. You sound wonderful!! Great that you have your DH as a study partner. So organized! I could use some of that.

Debra, hope the chlorine wipes out the germs! Try to have a good time!

Sandra, dang that's cold. I can't believe the dogs keep wanting me to let them outside. There is still lots of snow on the deck where it blew in. Stay warm.

Latrese, learning some stuff in the new book on group homes? My DD's IL's have a group home. It's a full 24 hour a day thing. I take my hat off to them, but boy, I sure couldn't commit to that. You are a special person to care so much. God bless you Latrese!

Got to go get ready for work,

BBL today,

Jeanette

I got a reprieve from the cesspool....There were extra moms there, so I get to go next week instead of today...which is just fine with me since I really want to get my presentation over with.

personals...

Traci...
Sounds like your clients schedules are pretty darn crazy! At least the 3:45am one doesn't call at 3 to say she's not coming. DD is feeling right as rain today...she got a good night's sleep last night, so she is perky today. I don't think I would call this morning a 'date', but it was nice to see CBL before he headed off to work. I guess I could offer XDH mind blowing sex...but I have to tell you, he's no Robert Redford...LOL! Yes, a pre-d party sounds great...full of cheap wine and Andy Williams songs...LOL. And, obviously you do need to get a life if you are taping Dreya commercials. WTH??

Tracy...
Sometime I wonder if it is worth to actually be able to lift heavier weights...I mean, unless you are into body building, is there really any point in being able to do bicep curls with 25# dbs if you are a woman??? I know we always want to improve out bodies and we have to set goals to do that, but when is enough enough with heavy weights? I am sure that by adding reps you can achieve the same fitness goals. Sorry about the whacky computer system and the whacky mom today. Good luck with both! I know, what you mean about the vet bills...I also just paid $600 to be told that my cat has IBS...And we kept her on the same meds she was on before the tests were done, just upped the dosage a bit. Ugh.

Swifty...
So glad to see you pop by this morning. Hope the studying is going well. My DD has some goals to start once she hits 7 years old...which is in March...she knows what she needs to do and is certainly capable of doing it now, but chooses not to...Crazy child. Glad you are enjoying your Cathe rotation...and it sounds like you are making some great gains!

TG...
Tell that boss of yours to stop looking over you shoulder so that you can be more productive...and get more chat time in too...LOL!

Jeanette...
Sorry about the puffiness...I hate that feeling! So funny about your old pooch and the icing...those crazy pups! Yes, a pre divorce party sounds just like what the doctor ordered...See my post to Traci above^^. I think I just tweaked my knee while I was bowling the other night, but the step I did on Sunday (before the brownie incident) made it worse...in fact it felt pretty weak and I stopped my workout early. I will do upper today...and then kickboxing tomorrow....probably Kenpo since there are no jumps in that...and we'll see how it is on Thursday which will be my leg day. I feel the same way as you about the chest work....I prefer the weighted work to push ups...even though I know they are good for me...I tend to feel the weighted work more the day after. Probably because my core isn't strong enough to do all of the push ups I would have to do to actually feel them the next day...LOL.

Okay, ladies...think I am caught up for now...I got to everyone else last night! Hope you guys are doing well. I am still feeling pretty fatigued, so I may take a quick nap before I get going on my presentation prep.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 2/Week 8/Day 6
Workout: Bryan Kest Sweat

This morning I almost had my arm ripped off from the dog. Cami saw a deer (and I actually saw it's white butt :D ), and wanted to go hunt it down. :D :D My crazy german shepherd hunting dog! :7 :7 :7 My workout was great this morning, and I'm getting ready for the final phase. :D

Ok this is one thing that just makes me go WHAT!!! There is a lady eating her breakfast in the bathroom!!! I just don't understand why anyone would want to eat in our bathrooms. They are clean, but.....

Christiane, Have a great time at the abbey. I have finally gotten to the point that I'm going to be subbing ARX for this last phase. I just can't do it anymore!!! :D So I'm pulling out Coremax / B&G / Ab Hits for phase 3. I do the blast the same way as Traci. I like the Bootcamp blasts with 1 min rests inbetween.

Traci, I like that premix that you are doing today. You are a very nice PT for letting them cancel. What is a handbasket? I have heard that phrase too, but never really new what it meant. I have to think of what type of things you get someone for a pre-D party!!! Oh this could be fun. :D So glad your knee is feeling better.

Tracy, Hope the computer conversion goes as well as conversions can go. :D We are headed for a new version of our maintenance system in the next few months. Should make for some unhappy people around here. :D I'm going to try the Ab+ workout, but I will have to modify until I can get a bar up.

Swifty, Glad to see you are still plugging away at your certification. So nice that your DH is in on this too.

Sandra, Dang cold by you, we will be getting the winter blast again tonight. We are suppose to be getting the high winds and snow. I have been liking the current temps. Hope that the electricity stays on for you. The dance program for the Wii sounds fun. What a great way to learn those dances.

Debra, Have a great breakfast, and get your mask on for those urchins. :D My youngest was a crabby girl this morning, so I know she was up reading before she went to bed. She is a night owl like me, but would be just as happy to sleep the morning away. :D On the Kimberly Spreen workout, I would only go as high as 9lbs on the bodybar. And I think that is what she recommends also.

TG, Looks like a great workout for you today. What are you planning on doing after SH?

Jeanette, Yep I am one of those crazy people that love push-ups. :D Hope you are able to help your sister with her weight issues. I'm guessing that we will be getting the bumpy, rutted snow tonight. We are going from 40's this morning to -5 deg by tonight. So we are starting out with rain, and changing to snow by the time I go home today. My DH's plan of letting the warm weather take care of the driveway worked. :D

Nicole, Your cheerleader is doing the plyo moves from KenpoX. :7 :7 Congrats on the eating. Keep up the good work. I'm going to be jumping like your cheerleader for you! Go Nicole Go!!! :D Kimberly is a great instructor for KB, I just love her personality.

Kim, Hope you are keeping warm.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Upper Body X+ and Abs/Core Plus

Well, I guess we'll see if this workout kills me or makes me stronger. DH and I finally got our new receiver so I'll be glad to do it in surround sound again. Our receiver has been gone for a month so I've been doing all of my workouts with only the tv speakers and it is very unmotivating:p

I'm off to DS's basketball game after I workout but I may be able to sneak back for personals before I go.

So I was watching the news yesterday and they were talking about diabetics and caffeine. They said it raises there blood glucose levels. I have my daily sugar free latte and I was wondering if it would raise my glycemic response. Anybody have an opinion on that?

The bars I eat are: (for those who are interested)
http://www.allstarhealth.com/f/greens_plus-high_protein_food_bars.htm

Off to kick my butt:D

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Well, that's a workout that made a difference! I got through Imax3 just fine, but could tell I hadn't done something this intense in quite a while. It prefatigued my lower body quite nicely for GS standing legs.

Nicole....You're launching into a P90X+ rotation already? I look forward to hearing your review of the workouts. How was Upper Plus today? That one looks really hard. My DH became convinced to do yoga when he watched himself stretch in the our new mirrors. He was stunned at how inflexible he is. He's also experienced back problems sporadically, and knows it's because he needs to stretch more. My DH turned 40 last year. He used to be quite the athelete, but age is catching up to him. Maybe your DH just isn't old enough yet to see the need for stretching. Give him time :)

Kim....Ooooh, I'm so sorry (but not surprised) that this weather is heading your way. Hopefully it warms up a bit as it traverses the prairies (not likely though, is it?). I'm not sure my furnace kicked off for more than 5 minutes at a time last night.

Debra....You have to "find a movie to illustrate your presentation"? Can it be any movie, or something specific? "Watch movies" is the kind of homework I can get into. I'm glad the diva and the dog are doing well. You're a triple-d household aren't you? My dissertation review is coming along well, thank you for asking. I've reread half of it, and am liking what I read. I meet with my supervisor for lunch on Thursday. Hopefully he's liking what he's reading, too.

Traci....Cardio & Weights is a really fun workout. I wish I hadn't burnt out on it, using it so much as is, and in the Terminator workouts. You're right, the KPC/LG circuits are some of my favourite workouts. The combos/standing leg circuits is my favourite if I only have an hour; the 82min premix is what I like best when I have more time. The dual screen feature that DH and I used with Eion's workout on Sunday is a feature on the disk, not our tv. You can go into the play settings and choose either beginner, intermediate, or dual screen. I don't believe for a second that you think you have a responsibility to do a dvd or any premix as produced. Aren't you the one who used to do Legs & Back, and ARX backwards? You take more creative license with your dvds than anyone I know. I saw what you plan to do with those pyramids; you have no intention of doing any of those dvds as produced LOL! But you know what you're doing, so there's nothing wrong with your approach, that's for sure. I'm glad your knee is behaving today. I almost bagged Imax3 today when I was having trouble with my balance on my right ankle, at the start. It's still go a mild stiffness to it. Once I got it warmed up I was fine, though. The Dreya commercial: is that the one where the woman is leaping from vehicle to post, to vehicle, because she has no way of getting work? I saw that a long time ago and immediately thought of Dreya. I kept meaning to mention it, as I know Laurie's mentioned it. That's funny, isn't it? WW is premised on that calories in/calories out belief. If all you want to do is reduce body weight, it has some merit. But if you want to lose body *fat*, increase muscle, and just generally improve your body composition, it doesn't cut the mustard. What's going on with all your clients bailing on you today? Is the weather bad, or are you working them too hard and they're scared of you now? Craziest Canadian friend? How many Canadians do you know?

Christiane....BB works as well as a compressor for inflating the arm muscles, doesn't it? I actually prefer CB over CST. They're all tough, though. I know DH's work takes you to the US and back frequently; does it ever take you elsewhere? Do you do a lot of other travelling?

Tracy....I don't think anyone thinks the hang time on the bar is easy. Quite the opposite. That's why I haven't attempted it yet; my arms are too tired from the upper body workouts to even imagine that I'd be able to do that bar-core work with good form. I'll be giving it a try soon, though. I'm ready to take my core farther than ARX has taken it thus far. I think you're exactly right about the X not giving enough time to build up supporting muscle tissues. I guess that's why they require you to have a certain fitness level before you even begin. And yes, you're probably right about how Cathe will be building us up in the first phase of STS. I was wondering about starting off with a muscle endurance phase, and what you say makes good sense. I think we naturally plateau with certain exercises, and in order to increase our performance with them, we have to turn to a different exercise and work the muscle that way for a while. Then, turn back to the first exercise and see if we've managed to build up. Does that make sense?

Jeanette....Ooooh, I hope you're not feeling too discouraged about the WI. I think Traci had an optimistic take on the situation, and she's probably right. Keep in mind that for some women, premenstrual hormones constipate them a bit, contributing to the bloating and higher weight, and the menstrual process loosens it all up, allowing for a, ah, good cleansing, and bringing the weight down again. How do you use a wood burning stove to keep a house warm overnight? Aren't there concerns about the house catching fire if the woodstove is left burning overnight, unattended? I love the smell of a real fire. Our fireplace is the propane kind where you flick a switch and it's on. We rarely use it. It seems more for atmosphere than for actually heating the house. It does a great job of adding heat, but the furnace does well enough. Since we're paying for gas to heat both the furnace and use the fireplace, it doesn't seem any different to turn on either one. What are you reading, and how do you know it picks up at page 100? CW with 2 risers? Good work!!

Swift Amy....Wow, I wish I had a DH who had a mind like yours does! That would be fun to do all that with him. I'm big on stuff like that; he's happy to go with the flow. Wow, you're doing some impressive workouts these days. Good for you!! I'm thinking June-August sounds about right for STS. But then, things can always come up....

Teddygirl....Have a great day actually working LOL! Dang boss!

Laurie....OMG, eating in the bathroom is one of the things that grosses me out to no end. That's revolting. You're bearing down on your second recovery week, I see. You'll be through Round 3 before you know it!!!

Have a great day!
Sandra

Sandra: Nice job! One day I'm gonna reach for Imax 3 :) I know, dang gone boss lurking argh..........He's cramping my style been playing solitare last couple days :p }(

Workout completed.(KPC/LG Circuit (61 min)... Good Heavens it was hard today! I wore my KB gloves & by end of first combo my arms were on fire.... It was a welcome joy to take them off & do legs a bit... I put 2# ankle wts on for 3rd segment of leg circuit (Cathe does not) as I knew I wasnt going to actually plyo those explosive squats due to knee sensitivity so I just did walking lunges forward & back... I'm whooped!}(

Gotta write out some stuff for client tonight - DH going to a Fly Fishing Demo so I'll return later in the PM.

Great day to all!

Heh heh. Sounds like you worked hard today. I'd never have thought to put ankle weights on during the leg circuit, and I don't imagine I ever will.

I might use LG for my legs & back circuit on Friday. That's such a fun one.

Sandra

Good evening ladies.
I'm going to do a self-absorbed post tonight....x( Sorry...
I had a good day with my friend at the abbey although it was quite far for what we saw. Her navigation system was not working and we went too far into Belgium and had to retrace our steps. Once there, the part we wanted to see was not open to the public...x( We still saw the historical part and the ruins, but after living in Europe for a while you see quite a number of ruins and they all start looking alike after a while. Anyway it was still a good day.
After coming back, I did Yoga but subbed for Stott Pilates Yoga, it was a little shorter, 50 minutes. Had diner by myself of course and got tomorrow's day organized.
I am not proud of my eating lately. As Traci said the quality of calories is critical and I am not satisfied with my choices. I have to whip my "butt" into being more careful and focused.
As for the retreat, I don't think I can make it. I will have just came back from the US (DD is dancing) and most likely accompany DH to Turkey. Then the week after we will most likely have friends from the US visiting us and the week after, back to the US for another ballet show. Speaking of ballet I will be seing Montreal "Les Grands Ballets Canadiens" here in Lux tomorrow. I have seen them since I took DD when she was 4 to see her first Nutcracker. My hometown ballet company here on the other side of the world!!!
Anyway, sorry for this self-absorbed post. I will be more personal tomorrow.
Night-night.

Hi all,

Well in an effort to cut down some of the high impact and do a little less cardio, I did DM today as produced. That is actually kind of hard. I am hoping that the little bit of extra upper body would be a nice finisher for the week. I'm not doing the Friday pull ups. I just don't think the joints can take it and surprisingly, the forearm feels pretty good even after B&B yesterday, so I'm not going to chance it. Plus I'm hoping that I gave the legs just a little work to prefatigue for tomorrow's leg workout. Then I did some of SM2 and called it a night.

The computer stuff went great. The meeting with the parent was eye opening. It is amazing how many people really have anger issues. Oh well, I was warned ahead of time that this Mom was a nut, and it's true. She berated how the teacher runs the class, and its not a content area class, then when it was suggested that we change the child's schedule, she refused. OK, I just don't get it.

Traci - Sorry about the clients. I'm sure it's not just about calories in and calories out, but I guess for people who are just trying to control thier diet it is a place to start. I don't think people really understand caloric content either much less nutritional content. It is amazing how ignorant a lot of the general public is. The only good thing about dips is I think a lot of shoulder and shoulder related muscles are used to stabilize which indirectly strenthens. I think that I've gotten the most definition in my chest from pushups and yoga. I really didn't notice musclular cleavage until I started doing lots of yoga. It still all boils down to what you will do consistently.

TG- Sorry about the boss. I have to be much more careful this year than previous years. Fortunately I don't have much down time at work.

Sandra - I can't possibly imagine it being that cold. We have 2 wood stoves in our house. They burn 24/7 unless someone forgets to fill them up. Only when it is below 18 or so, does the heat actually cut on.

Jeanette - The two risers make a difference don't they? I did LM on two risers the other day. I used to use 2 all of the time, but haven't recently. I like the weight work in C&W, it's a good overall burn. Dh will be home all summer? Are you glad that you'll be working? If a book doesn't have me hooked by page 75 I'm done. Oh I have no patience for that kind of stuff. I feel bad because the last several books I've started I did not finish. They were just plain old boring.

Debra - Swimming urchins today? At least the germs should be kept at bay. I'm not so sure about the progressive weight increases. I think I've platuead with the weights and my back issues. Oh well, winter is my weight focus and summer I just do outdoor cardio and whatever. It's all good.

Laurie - I think you can modify the bar work on core +. You might be able to hold yourself up between two barstools and still move your legs to work the core. I don't know how you've done arx this long. I just couldn't. You've got some cold weather too. Ugghh....

Nicole - I'm interested to hear your review of upper +. It looked good to me.

Sandra - Glad you had a nice workout. I always go back and forth about whether to do weights or cardio first. Lately I've been doing weights first. I'm not sure it really makes that much difference though. The cardio after is just a nice added stretch for me.

Later,

Tracy

Swifty - Sounds like you are making good progress.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.