Xers......Fun! ! ! ! Friday! ! ! ! !

taprice

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I'm so glad it is Friday. I wish yesterday was Friday. Oh well!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day.

I think today will be upper body and yoga, but I'm still thinking about it. I have to change my routine a little because running/walking on the day after leg work is not the best idea for me right now and that's what I've been doing.

BBL, and Hi to everyone.

Tracy

Round 2:
Phase 1 / Recovery Week / Fri: Day 6/ Yoga

Booty feeling a few DOMS after Intense Moves yesterday… I really think that Gin’s format for interval 1 min + 2 min “real” recovery allows me to go deeper and harder in intervals… For some reason Cathe’s pace and/or choreography just keep my HR way too high for entire workout so the only benefit I get is a cardio… Do slow twitch fibers affect the cardio workouts as well?

Today I’m planning HiLo Fest (Tracey) which is only 30 min + Eoin Yoga- not sure which one yet- depends on time.

تTRACY X
So is your upper body just the most buff & lean its ever been??? I cannot imagine how strong you are now- Hope your weekend brings you some freedom from “things to do” and allows you much deserved relaxation.

تWENDY
CONGRATS on entering Phase 2! WooHoo!!!! My you sound very very busy right now! I cannot imagine having all those people to take care of + animals + personal time. You must look at the rest of the world and wonder how we all move in such a slow pace. I’m planning on doing all my notes this weekend with pen & paper- GASP! I still feel more creative when I write free hand- think its from so many years in a computerless society. There is something very zen for me about feeling the flow of ideas go thru my hand & gliding on the paper. I still journal that way. I know what ya mean about prog pics … I do think that those of us who suffer from excessive bloat have to be very careful about the pics. I doubt that all those women who won BB honors took pics EXACT days of every month…. I certainly have a 10 day window where even DH says GOD YOU’RE LEAN…. Every single month! Never got around to cellulite viewing… it was just too pretty to be inside all day. I got my workouts done and got out of house! Don’t worry about how much you can or cant post in May… I’m ptetty scarce in summer too – I think we all try and take advantage of being outside. We love ya and just want to know how you are – Never heard of Supermarket Diet… Sounds interesting and simple and do-able long term… Keep us posted as to what its all about. LOL on “workout”- yep I’ve caught it a time or two,,, like Melrose Place in a gym! Actually makes me freak about ever having to work in a GYM environment! Those people are party animals and quite aggressive!
ت

Amy
About the mental aspect of not doing same workout again….I wonder if that is part of the 13 week magic? I know its there for muscle confusion but I bet that it was also for boredom factor… Week 1 is a get to know program…. Week 2 you REALLY want to do better … Week 3 you might be dreading it but gosg its your last chance to prove something for a few weeks…… Hope work is going well and those veggies were yummy!

تJeanette X
^5 on such a fabulous accomplishment! What a wonderful season this will be for you! Gosh I bet your little chest was pushed out, shoulders back & head high in pride! Hard work is paying off in big ways for you!

تNicole
Those who stuck with Yoga X really found great benefits! Last round I kind of blew off yoga altogether and did lite cardio but realized quickly that the purpose of Yoga X has absolutely no bearing on cardio- that’s might be a little perk but is irrelevant. I’m so happy I finally found some Yoga I enjoy and can actually do! Word of difference in my flexibility, rom, and its like a an extra stretch mid week! Hope you caught all of yesterdays replies about hunger! On the Calipers… I got the BB one – I thinks its 9 bucks..was easier than searching around the city for it.

تTeddyGirl
LOL on all the new purchases! Gosh there must be something in the air! I hope you LOVE cardio coach as much as well all seem to… Never done Candace but I could listen to Coach Sean all day… Mr DREAMY! Sorry about the cost of ticket…. Just drive carefully.

تDebra X
Will miss you very much!!! See ya next week…. Fingers & Toes Crossed!

تSandra X
ROFL about the gift dilemma! You are so funny when you fret! You know that you always do the most thoughtful things so this will be no different…. Yes I know all about the frantic pace of a “vacation” visiting relatives… It exhausts me – guess that’s why I go home every 2 years for 4 days…. My family is all over Central CA these days so last visit I rented a car… NOPE- NEVER AGAIN So glad we’ll be able to see you while you’re gone…. Don’t worry about personals just write us of the days comical events to keep us focued on things other than muscle pain! SAFE TRAVELS!

تKatie
CONGRATS on successful completion of PH 1 Chest & Back!! WooHoo! I know that feeling so well! You’ll actually visit it PH 3 with such determination to bring it that you’ll wonder why you despised it so much!

All caught up from yesterday afternoons busy board! That’s it gang…. Off to enjoy the great day! Hope to be back 1 more time before we head out today!!!

Good morning!

Good workout this morning, one of those feel good types! I did Supersets Upper Body Blast and then ME abs. The UBB goes thru each superset segment 2x before moving on. I didn't have time for the last 1/2 of the segment, but still am feeling nice and toasty. Not pumped like from P90X, but nice. I think I'm still on my bike hill climb high today :7. Not sure what my workout will be tomorrow as I'm way off the rotation as written. May just try out something new or try to learn a new step routine. Have a tough, tough hill climb ride this Sunday to get prepared for my first organized bike ride next Sunday.

Hi Tracy, makes me feel good that you are so in tune with what works for you and what doesn't and what's good for your health and the long run. You are one smart cookie and I mean that. I so hate to read about ladies that keep tearing down their bodies, getting sick way too often for all the "healthy eating and working out" they are doing. Something wrong there I think, but I could be wrong.

Hi Traci, so glad to hear you liked Gin's Intense Moves and thrilled that Debra gave it to me. I can't wait to try it. Think that will be next Tuesday and I'll sub it for Imax2. Thanks for the congrats on the bike hill climb. I do work hard on my cycling, but not as hard as the guys do for sure. I used to ride a lot more, but have changed my way of working out on the bike, substituting short power rides instead of the long rides. It's less time consuming and does cross over to the endurance side. I actually discovered this way year before last and since then, have steadily improved my performance. Keep me posted on the Tracey Staehle workouts, okay? I bought her High Intensity Step, but have only tried it once. Had a hard time with the choreo. Think I will do that one tomorrow as I'll have more time. It looks like fun, but a learning curve there.

BBL,

Jeanette

Wendy: If seeing your day-1 pictures gives you nightmares than Ouchhhhhhhhhhhh, I don’t stand a chances, You look GREAT You crack me up, I was referring too diamond push-ups in the X . Not sure where to places my hands some look like the they position hands about chest level others position underneath the chin, HELP somebody.....anybody....I am really confused. Scrambled Eggs is on BM2 premix:)

TracieX: Nice work, and thanks for mentioning Gin Miller name, went hunting this morning, and whatcha know I have 4 of her old ones. Gin, workout I was talking about is called Power Workout. I think Tony’s from BB is in that one, next to the black chick, they jam, that’s one of her bests, I think;-)

JeanetteX: yep, I must slow down, that so funny, same here, when driving through Solon now, I watch my speed. Police, said I was doing 50mph in a 35 zone I should kick his booty, I’m going to pay the dog gone ticket today and I’m not happy about that. That’s crazy, like people have money to throw away Arghhhh. I could have brought more workouts x( x(

SandraX: you nailed it right on the money, KM blast is a very nice compliment with Kenpo, thanks. Now tell me is that Tony from BB in Gin’s Power workout?

Last night, I did Kenpo, I liked it:p my upper body is feeling it real good, followed by KM cardio + leg drills :p

This morning, I could not decided on which cardio I wanted to do it was a toss up between Step Heat and Power workout, I choose Power workout, man that workout is awesome.

Tonight, MIS entire followed by hot bubble bath and a good movie.

Teddygirl~

Hi Teddygirl!

You sound so happy this morning, not even paying that speeding ticket will bring you down! I sometimes have to tell myself that I can choose to be happy or let something bring me down. Your evening will be something to look forward to, aaaaahhhh.....a hot bubble bath. What movie you gonna watch? I have 2 from Netflix still sitting here. My DH has been too tired to want to watch a movie. Lots of OT for him lately. I've got "Play Misty for Me" and "Little Miss Sunshine" waiting to watch.

Hope you have a great day today :7

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph1/Wk4/Day/Rnd2
Workout: XStretch

Today I'm going to take it easy and get XStretch into the rotation. I really enjoy this workout and need to get it in. Going to surprise the girls tonight and take them to a movie. Of course the only thing that they can see at the theater is Meet the Robinsons. :) So I'm going to be eating some movie popcorn (without the grease). ;-) Then getting in XStretch later tonight. DH will probably not be home until after 2am (they start their TV auction tonight), so the girls and I will be seeing zombie man for the next week. :D In case you wonder he works for the local PBS station.

Traci, You have a great time this weekend at the bay. Tried Tracey's Cardio Sweatfest yesterday, and I have to say this one will take some time to get used too. I felt I got a good workout, but sometimes the fast pace she set was a little much. I see potential in it though. The last combo had me dumbfounded and looking at the TV like an idiot. :7 :7

Wendy, When I did the first round of the X, I had no energy. This round of the X is totally different. I feel like the energizer bunny. The things I can think of is the first round my body had to get used to all the heavy lifting, and I am eating better this round.(no Christmas and New Years eating to contend with) At least that is what I tell myself. :D Plus I don't do my workouts late at night, and have six children to handle. :D Your my hero! ;-)

Sandra, You have a great time on your vacation. One of these days DH and I will be spending a vacation with just the two of us. Of couse the vacation we plan will include a Nascar race, but it will just be us. It is really hard to do that when you have young children also. But visiting with family and friends is always something that you need to do. :) And by the way aren't underwear and sock the staple DAD gifts.;-) Looked back at yesterdays thread, and oldest DD had 6:52 in the mile for her time trials in track. She didn't want another girl to beat her. The other girl came in at 7:05.:) Can you say competitive. I will admit she gets that from me. :)

Jeanette, Another ^5 from me also. You are doing so well on that bike. I can't even imagine going uphill for that amount of miles.

Debra, Have fun house hunting.

Teddygirl, I usually place my hands in the middle of my chest for the diamond pushups. This actually is where it feels most comfortable for me. Probably because I have monkey arms, and putting my hands any higher was painful. x( I don't have any Cardio Coaches, but the moving offer they have looks tempting. :) $$$$ :7

Amy, Ok now I have to check out the cellulite on CS. I will be doing that one tomorrow, so I will be looking for it. Just to make myself feel better. :)

Laurie

Hey, all!

Classic- Phase 1/Week 3/Day 2- Plyometrics

I still cringe when I hear "plyometrics" but then I have to remind myself that it's not Cathe's version of plyometrics....it's plyo that *I* can actually do!!!
I am starting to feel yesterdays Chest/Back.....especially those dive-bomber push ups!!! Well, they were more dive-bombers and less "push ups!"..but you get the ideax(
TraciX- I hope that you have a good trip to the bay and have a great weekend w/o electronics!!! Study hard, girl and we will miss you! What did you make for your weekend protein? I made turkey meatloaf with FF ground white meat turkey, poultry seasoning, garlic, egg whites and ground flax seed. I popped them into muffin cups and they baked up great! Oh, and a touch of parmesean cheese, too!

I can't remember anything else, but I send STBLATIC hugs to each and everyone of you!!!;-) :p :+

JeanetteX: thank you:)starting to feel like my ole' self :) My sister brought over two movies last night one is called Holiday, she said it’s a cute movie. I don't remember the otherx(

Laurie: thanks, from now on just going to place hands were they are the most comfortable. I did Incline push ups on my ball;)

Finished downloading CC. I’m going to do #1 Sunday, listening to #5 now, I like it, don’t like the hills tho, that’s going to be a real challenge for me. I hardly ever use the incline, sometimes, during the last 15 minutes of my workout I may play around with the levels. I mostly go for speed, these workouts should be interesting.

Morning ladies. Well, I have come to the conclusion the Plyo will NEVER get any easier for me. It didn't help that I was low on energy this morning to begin with, but man oh man that thing kicks my butt. I have to say that it made me very happy at the part where Tony bends over with his hands on his knees to get some extra breath and says, "See, I just hit my own pause button" because that was the exact same position I was in at the time. I'm sure Tony doesn't REALLY need the extra recovery time, but it made me feel better anyway. Those squat switch pick ups kill me every time!!!

Traci-X - I really don't hate C&B while I'm doing it... it's more the dread factor. I'm sure I'll be excited to try it in Phase 3 to see how far I've come. I am determined that I will do one unassisted pull up from a dead hang position by the time I'm done with this program!!!

Teddygirl - I like Kenpo too. I felt it much more the second time I did it. It feels really good in the upper body.

Amy - I'm with you girl! We are in the same place. Only I enjoy Cathe's plyo more than X Plyo. At least for the time being. Give me an IMAX any day over this workout. I feel like I'm new to working out sometimes when I'm doing it.

Laurie - I haven't tried the X Stretch workout yet. I'm excited to try it during the recovery week. Is it anything like the Yoga?

Well, it's Friday again, so I won't be back until Monday.
;(

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Katie

Round 2:
Phase 1 / Recovery Week / Fri: Day 6/ Yoga

Completed todays mission…. HiLo CardioSweatfest 3 thumbs down for me… If Kick fest wasn’t on same DVD I’d have that one mailed off to someone… just not for me. I ended up stopping the tape at 15minutes and threw in Cardio Fusion for 30 minutes… Did Eoin’s “Quickie Yoga” and am calling it a day!
Gotta pack up and get ready to hit the road…..
A few AM personals and then a HUGE “HAPPY WEEKEND” to all who I miss this afternoon…..

تLAURIE X
I kept Kick Fest slow paced majority of time… I think its good because I can make it into a Kenpo or create more cardio if I want to do her “blasts”… Are you finding DOMS in parts of your arms that you didn’t have them before? I sure did! Enjoy Stretch X- if you can still yourself for an hour it’s a wonderful stretch tape… I just have to be in right mindset to calm down that long! Have a fabulous weekend!

تNicole, تSandra X, تWendy, تNicole, تTracy X:::: BIG BIG HUGS!

تAmy
I made up turkey breast cutlets, turkey bacon, and venison burgers…. We’re all set to be healthy this weekend…. Unless of course we go to greasy spoon and stop for Donettes…. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

تJeanette X
I’ll be anxious to hear your take on Intense Moves…. We have such similar body types that I wonder if you’ll think it’s a good Lower Cardio day… Like I consider PlyoX. I don’t have Traceys step- pop in HiLo and let me know if I was just having an off day! Wonderful weekend to you my dear! BTW…. I LOVE Play Misty for Me! Gosh that’s like the freakiest obsessive love movie ever made!

تTeddyGirl
Gosh enjoy all your new cardio coach’s this weekend! I LOVE #1 and 2 & 3 (that’s all I have but plenty versatile for me!!) I place my hands near chest but MUCH further apart – I have never been able to go super low on push ups… I’m hoping for 1 really impressive Diamond this round! Blow some bubbles for me tonight!!! Hope you and sister have a healthy happy happy weekend! Stay safe!

تKatie
I have no doubt you’ll do many more than 1 un assisted pull up! You are already seeing strength gain so its inevitable! Hope your weekend is FABULOUS! I like the part where Tony calls for the bucket! That’s me totally in Plyo…

See ya all Sunday night! If I get home early I’ll start Phase 2 Sunday if not it will be Monday….

TracieX: you have a GREAT weekend :7 Boy am I tired just ate a cup of meatless chili & veggie burger with wheat crackers and I tell ya, I’m ready to hit the B…E…D have fun:) :D

Hey, gang...I'm going to play hooky tonight from work. I don't usually do this, but DH has been in a bad way for a couple of days, and I don't feel comfortable leaving him tonight. I am super thankful for FMLA in that regards! The storms Traci had a couple of days ago whipped through here yesterday and DH has back problems so bad that he can feel the weather changes! So, I'm sticking around tonight to make sure that he can get up to the bathroom and back to bed without falling (his legs give out once in a while).

Tonight will still by PlyoX and since I'm not going to work, some Eoin Finn add on.

Amy: Sorry to hear hubby isn't well :) Take Care, wishing him a speedy recovery :)

And to everyone else, be safe :D

I'm feeling pretty tired myself, going home first thing laid down for a few I have the entire evening to complete my workout, I will get it done, hate to mess up my rotation......

Tomorrow's workout, Hm.....don't really know yet, Saturday starts my week. But, I do know Sat or Sun going to do a Cardio Coach workout. Be safe all and have a wonderful:) wonderful:D weekend

Teddygirl~

Classic: Phase 1/ Week 2/ Day 5/ Round 1
Legs & Back

Hi all,

I got up at 4:45 again and did my Legs & Back workout. I really enjoy getting up early and getting my workouts done, it makes me feel so accomplished. I went on a field trip to the zoo today with my boys and got some sun and exercise. I posted the pics on my Picture Trail. Thanks for all the replies about my increased appetite, I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one.

Jeanette: I have pretty good self-control because I'm kind of OCD about my calories so I was hoping it was an increased metabolism making me feel insatiable. Good luck on the hill climb on Sunday!

Wendy: Thanks for letting me know about the hunger issue. Hopefully it's because I have soooo much muscle:)

TraciX: I have always done yoga for an hour so 1-1/2 hrs. was a bit of a stretch for me, literallly:) I'm so OCD about following programs that I probably won't deviate from P90X until the 90 days are over so that I can give it a fair evaluation. I guess we'll see! Thanks for the HUGS. Also, glad to know about Cardio Sweatfest. Thanks for the caliper suggestion too.

Everyone have a great weekend with their family!

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

What a day! Taking a breather before I head off to the 24 hour Walmart. My boys have a tendency to lose umbrellas. We'll need some for tomorrow's zoo of a day!

Phil and I did Plyo as soon as he got home from work. The recovery week sure did help us do Plyo better. I did have Phil pause it once. The 180 jumps made me DIZZY! Sudafed and fast turns don't mix.

Afterwards, we went to the mall to find a raincoat. Geesh! I had a heck of a time finding any. Oh sure, Bloomindales had a chic one for over $800!!!! That's level 10: CRAZY! I finally found one, more in my price range: a knee length one at H&M for $50.00. Since I'm highly encouraged to wear a dress with sensible shoes to the Bible Club's zoo field trip, I bought a cute sapphire babydoll knee length dress too. I'm compromising. I'll wear black leggings underneath. A pair of black strappy mary jane Sketchers will complete my feminine ensemble! ;-) Knowing how much of a rebel I can be, Phil asked if I was going to compromise with gauchos. EWWWWWW! NEVER!!!! I'll wear my progress pics attire before I consider gauchos! }(

Well, it's off to Walmart I go in search of umbrellas and food. I'm holding off on the Bootcamp diet until Monday. My eating has been good today.

Breakfast: Kashi Go Lean w/ Lactose Free fat free milk & DDcoffee
Snack: Mandarian Oranges
Lunch: a small slice of Tony's Pizza with a few pepperoni, water
Dinner: Salad w/ black beans, salsa, cheese, cubed chicken ~220 calories, water, DDcofee
Snack: 6 ounces of Mixed Fruit: grapes, pineapple, honeydew, cantaloupe, water

Have a great night. I'll be up till the crack of dawn dreading the day ahead!!!

Stay warm and dry! I know I won't.

Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.