Xers Frosty, Frozen Friday

teddy16410

Cathlete
:7 Back in a few!

~~~ Recovery Week Day 2: Yoga

Tracy::::: I am amazed that sugar cravings dont just take over your common sense at some point... My only saving grace use to be that so much of the goodies had nuts, mint etc... & I can pass on that all day long. Its the pure chocolate stuff that makes me a crazed animal! ~ I think its true that we have forgotten what true hunger is... most of us could live quite a long time with just water and our bodyfat... Look at those people on survivor- 40 days without much food and some still have a ton of fat on their bodies when they leave. ~ I'm surprises it is still warm enough for you to run...Do you bundle up like a lillt eskimo??? ~ One of the things that impressed me the most about X+ was the detail they are including with it... They stayed true to the integrity of the ENTIRE program... This was planned all along I believe... The DVD case has those unused sleeves. ~TGIF to you!!!

SANDRA:::::
I guess the reason I feel OK about the Sandy prognosis is that as long as she has no pain or discomfort and is playful & happy then really do any of us know how long we have on earth? I am watching her closely for the signs of pain that vet discussed yesterday - other than that she has a life thats really no different than the rest of us. ~ Hope the concert made you feel Fa-La-LA-LA-La!!!

LEA:::::
Well ho ho ho to you my dear!!! Congrats on officially starting X!!! Hopefully once holidays die down you will be back regularly... I miss your X Energy!

NICOLE:::::
OH MY!!!!! Major Xer Huggs & healing vibes coming your way!!! Take some time to chill out today... XXOOXOXO

Debra:::::
Happy Leg Day!!!!!!! WooHoo- I can see you dancing as I write! LOVE the "happen-stance" encounter with CB! ROF- I dont buy it for a second!!!! He's a horny toad! *pssst xers- Debras in L!!!!!!!* ~ No Xrays for Sandy.... I asked vet yesterday if Xrays were going to show us anything that can be "fixed" w/ meds- she said "NO" & because I am not allowing extreme measures like surgery there isnt any point to stressing her out by hauling her back to vet at this point for an Xray. BIG HUGS to DD!!! I'm sure it breaks your heart to have DD so sad.

Jeanette:::::
Hope your evening was super festive! I love that sort of thing to ring in the holidays!!! LOVED your little yawn... I swear I heard it!!

OK gals- thats all for me this morning. XXOO

Hi all,

I did 4ds sh/tri/bi last night plus lots of pull ups and then at the very end about unassisted 20 chin ups. The back work from the day before just didn't cut it, although I do think it is good. Then I did Radiant Heart, which is short, but in 20 minutes hits the front, back and sides pretty well.

Today is a run, so I'm coming home from work, running, then going back out to Costco. I think that is the last money that I will have to spend.

Traci - You are up early. I don't know how you do it! It's bad enough to get up at 5, but you must have been up at what 3:30?

Carol - I realized when I was working out last night that I mixed up my posts. You are not studying! Sorry. I hope you get all of your shopping done and find some relief from the stress. I just commented that I have a love hate relationship with this time of year. No matter how much I plan, I don't seem to get everything done early enough.

Sandra - Thanks for the update on the X workouts. I sure hope they are on time. Since they are relatively short, they might work well with doubles.

Jeanette - Hi as you fly by.

Nicole - Sorry about the croup. DS used to get croup and it is just aweful. It always seemed to be the worst at night.

I have to get my little self going. I have to stop and get diesel or I won't be going anywhere. That adds an extra few minutes.

Happy Frosty Friday,

Tracy

Classic/ Week 5/ Day 5/ Legs & Back; ARX (+BM2 step).

Good morning,

I'm off to Bring It.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Sandra

Happy Friday Xers!

It's not too frosty or frozen around here, lol. Just chilly and (will be later) rainy. Anyway, I didn't manage to double up yesterday :( but I did at least to Core Syn. That was an interesting workout. More compound moves than I thought there would be. The chatarunga run was, um, interesting. The other moves weren't as bad as I thought (some people on the P90X forums make them out to be horrible). Today I'll be doing Step Blast and hopefully some yoga, too (I had wanted to do PY for Happiness in its entirety, but we'll see if I have time for that). My great uncle's funeral is today, and while I'm sure that will be ok, I just hope my family members (including kiddos) can behave themselves, lol. My mom and sister are often the source of lots of drama, and my aunt doesn't help. I hope they can suck it up today, but hey, my aunt sent me a VERY nice, new iPod for Xmas, so I can't complain about her too much ;-) My youngest was laughing at mommy and daddy playing with the "grown-up toy".

Jeanette -- Post office hours make me crazy! The closest PO to us is a TRAILER (no joke) with 1 employee. They're closed for lunch, too, in the middle of the day, and they close for the day at 4! I hope you got your package, though!

Laurie -- I'm not picky on tree-toppers, but I want something better than the pathetic little star (that doesn't light up or anything) at the top. It was fine when we had a smaller tree, but this year's tree is pretty big and it needs something more proportional. I'll be hitting up my mom's nice, big garden store today, though, and I KNOW they have them.

Sandra -- Zicam is a homeopathic remedy usually taken at first symptom. It shortens the amount of time you're sick and lessens the symptoms, too. When I take it faithfully (which I didn't this time ARGH) I can usually get completely over a cold in 2-3 days. It works pretty well. I hope you're feeling better today!

Teddygirl -- That ROTS!! I'm sorry you didn't get your bonus this year. You should go practice your Kenpo skills on that Trustee }( }( }(

Traci-X -- I always have vet drama when my sister's around, lol. She's a vet tech, and she has the sickest animals on the planet! I'm glad you at least figured out the best course of action for Sandy. I hope she lives out the rest of her days peacefully and comfortably! Now, hey, if we switch, you have to clean my house :p

Nicole -- (((HUGS))) to you and your DS. Croup is tough b/c there isn't anything you can do except ride it out. I hope he's feeling better for Christams!

Tracy -- Did you have too much eggnog? ;-) That's ok, you gave me a chuckle. 20 unassisted chin-ups?? :-O At the END of the workout?? :-O Ok, you win muscle girl of the year!! lol.

Hi to everyone else! I hope you're all staying sane and healthy in the crazy-ness!

Carol

:::::Sandra:::::
Was that pop in today to keep you accountable for the workout??? Good strategy if so! Are DD’s getting all amped up about Santa???

:::::Tracy:::::
WooHoo on the 20+ unassists!!! You are STRONG woman! I shall think kind thoughts while you fight the Costco crowds today… I think I’d say forget about it til after Christmas! ~ I was actually sound asleep from midnight to 3:45… Isnt that all we women need? I actually slept on the floor in my office with Sandy & Kabo…. Lukie was having nightmares and waking up growling – a little unsettling to the household.

:::::CAROL:::::
Well Good Morning Sunshine! Your “tone” indicates you are feeling so much better!!! I could almost feel the germs before! YEA for you!!!! I was crackin up at your interesting & Core Syn – I think it’s a good workout for what its suppose to be but man- I just don’t like it at all! Sorry today is a sad day- I know you said your uncle was older but its still sad for all who loved him. ROF about family behaving!!! Are we related????? Well what a cool auntie you have! Yeah on the ipod & too funny that even the kids notice our adult toys! LOL ~ ya better think 2ce before switching lives w/ me… I don’t clean boy toilets, do miniblinds or windows… are ya sure you want me??? ~ Not sure Why this came to mind for your tree topper but my brain said- Go to Adult Toy Store! I bet they have VERY creative toppers that flash & glow in the dark!

Well- the chill is leaving the air so that means its time to change into workout clothes..... XXOO

Doubles/Phase 1/Week 3/Day 5
Workout: 30 high Intensity jog
Tonight: P90X shoulders & Arms (wouldn’t miss that for the world)

TGIF………

Last night, No workout, after I got off work went to buy me a wig. But first, I stopped in hair shop to talk to this lady about starting my locks, she twisted a few hairs about 3 weeks ago just trying to show me my hair was long enough to start locking, so I ended up buying Beeswax and setting lotions and a do rag x( went home washed my hair, called my sister she came over and we started my locks. And I must say it looks really cute;-) I pleased ;-) I thought hair was going to come looses, and that I’d have to do some twisting this morning NOPE hair is still in places I’m so happy, because my hair was looking bad, I had ended up wearing a freaking short afro and I was sick about, it every morning. But, now I’m happy

I didn’t feel like working out this morning, man oh man was I dragging, but then decided to hop on my treadmill, my plan was to do an hour run, but I couldn't,

Ted, was right this morning, he wanted me to stay in bed, I should've got my butt back in the bed and cubbled. So that what’s going on with me, bbl

Morning!

Round 2, Phase 1, Lean Rotation, Week 4, Day 5 - Core Synergistics

Core Syn for me today and it made me happy. I really like this workout and never minded it last Round. This is the 4th time I've done it this round and I feel like I am getting better at it. I love the variety. I even did 15 Dreya Rolls with no hands. I don't try the spin at the end because I'm not a superstar, and I like my knees. DH is home from work until the 2nd of January. They are taking a break from their project at the prison. He says he will clean the garage today. Don't think I could get him to wrap presents. I haven't wrapped a thing yet, but tomorrow will be the big day to finish shopping and wrapping. Poor guy, I sent him to get my package at the post office yesterday, after he got off work. He said he stood in line for 45 minutes, and for what? It is liquid hand soap (Bath & Body). He asked why I couldn't buy hand soap at Walmart? Silly, isn't he? Back in the early 80's at the sawmill I worked at, I had a boss that used to say, "Don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby". Don't think DH would have appreciated me spouting that line at him yesterday.

Traci, I love most chocolate with nuts. Now divinity or fudge I can easily pass up. I think your reasoning about Sandy being pain free for the rest of her life is a good one. I slept well last night and rarin' to go this morning. What kind of toy are you imagining for Carol's tree top? You nasty, nasty woman ;-)

Traci, great job on your workout. Awesome on the unassisted pullups!!! You are so strong! Diesel is more expensive than gas here. Doesn't make sense, does it? Think DH and I will hit Costco after this holiday stuff is over.

Carol, you are sounding better. I like Core Syn a lot as I feel it all over. I actually haven't lost weight, but feel leaner in my core, which was driving me nuts before I started this Round. Funerals are sad. Thoughts going out to you as you get thru this one. Crazy about the post office hours. Who thinks up this stuff, the employees? Our UPS office used to be like that too. Now we have a UPS store near our Walmart so it's much easier to ship. Chatarangu runs are tough, aren't they? I haven't even tried the "little dream run", I just stay up and do the regular.

Latrese, you will have to post a picture showing your no 'do. Bet it looks good on you. Glad you got up this morning to work out. My DH was still in bed, but I got up anyway. It's such a habit for me, I don't even think twice. Of course, he's not a young stud like what you've got :7 Being married for 28 years, well let me say, the thrill is not quite like it was when we first met, though I have no complaints whatsoever. Think you know what I mean.

Later, ladies. Got to shower and get to work. Work has been so busy, but in a good way.

Did I tell you all? The inmate escapee was apprehended. He was holed up in a vacant house. He surrendered without a fight. It was the only escape that the northern camp system had all year. And that's 1900 inmates scattered thru 18 camps with no walls around them.

Jeanette

Good morning...I slept awful last night!! Just as expected with DD in the bed...although, I don't think it was her fault. Just didn't sleep well..I will try to get a nap in this afternoon in between all the cookie making. I don't know why I was thinking that I needed to combine cardio and legs...I can just do one today and one tomorrow.

Personals...

Teddygirl...
I bet your hair is going to look great! you'll have to share some pics once you get it going good. You are a better woman than me...I definitely would have hopped back in the bed with Ted this morning!

Traci...
What kind of yoga are you doing today? I don't blame you for not doing Xrays so as not to stress out Sandy. I didn't mean to make it sound like it was just chance that I ran into CB...but he did call at just the right time. No fooling around last night either...LOL! Keep your chin up today, girlie. January is just around the corner!

Tracy...
Hope all goes well at Costco tonight...I don't think I would want to be there with all of the Xmas traffic! Do you get time off from work for Xmas? Have fun on your run this evening...is DS going with you?

Sandra...
Waving as you fly by on the way to see Tony and listen to Dreya moan during the calf raises!! Hope the concert was a huge success.

Carol...
I always kind of liked Core Syn except for the chatarunga runs, of course! Sorry to hear about your great uncle. Hope all the family is on their best behavior today. I am sure the kids will be fine...normally it is the adults who can't seem to behave themselves...LOL!

Jeanette...
Look at you go with the Dreya rolls! Hope your husband is very productive in the garage today. I don't know if I would want him wrapping gifts anyway...Men tend not to do such a good job with that. I guess you have lots to do tomorrow since you have such a big family! Glad the inmate was caught easily with no big to do. Glad the pic of DD made you smile. I can't wait for all of you guys to meet my DD in person.

Nicole....
Sending healing vibes your DS's way!

I guess that it is for me this morning...I will be busily making cookies this afternoon. And we have a visit to Santa planned around lunch time!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Debra: I got my Xmas card yesterday, Thank you! :) Little Ms Diva is cute as a button. I showed her off to Ted, first’s thing he said was wow she’s pretty, then he took a closer look and said, wow, she has strong features:) I said, you should see her other pictures.

Jeanette: Wow! You guys been married 28 years, how nice, both of my marriages didn’t equal to 28 years, not even closes. Nice job with Core Syn:) :)

Hey gang- Quickie FYI post- I have been enthralled with Tosca Reno's latest book..... Eat Clean Diet Workout..... She covers EVERYTHINg so well.... She also gives details on her training regimine- talks about the diet etc... Beautiful book.
Chapters:
1: Critical Body Evaluation
2: Essence of Training
3: Magic of Mind
4: Toughing it out w/ Regular Workouts
5: Bodybuilding tools
6: Supplimentation
7: losing Excess Fat (It aint all about cardio!)
8: Ideal Proportions
9: Workout Routines (several to choose from)
10: Chest & Pecs
11: Ultra Shaping the Legs
12: Shaping Arms
13: Shaping the Abs
14: Shaping Shoulders
15: Getting the V Back
16: training Principles
17: getting Ripped- Peak Preparation
18: Q&A
Extras: 30 minute DVD
Training Success Aids
Glossary

Debra: You snuck in! I really should’ve, it would have meant a lot to him it I’d just laid my butt back down, selfish me x(I knowwwwww I would have got a kick ass workout EEKx(

I type, therefore I am.

That's reassuring. I feel like I've been picked up, thrown about, then wrung out. The workout felt quite strenuous today, although the cough syrup I took this morning perked me up quite well. It's a weird feeling to be tired and stimulated at the same time. But, I'm pleased I can say it's done.

Traci....That's a great perspective on Sandy. I forgot about those unused sleeves in the dvd case. I checked it out this morning, and there's only 3 in mine. If I get rid of the introduction dvd (which I've never watched, btw) and the extra ARX (it's on every weight workout!), that will give me two more spaces. Ta da! Room for 5 new workouts! :) What yoga will you be doing today? My morning pop-in was just to let you all know I'm alive and to say good morning. I like to quickly read the new posts while huddling over my coffee cup, trying to warm up and come alive. The kiddos are very excited about Christmas this year, that's for sure! But there's been so many activities for them these past couple weeks that they're going to be thankful to finally get it over with! I'm extremely relieved that the Christmas Concert is finished with, and today was my last day to do the Bus Stop Boogie for 2 weeks. That north pole website is really fun, btw! Thanks for that!

Tracy....What do you think of Radiant Heart? I don't like the "warm up" segment; it did nothing for me. The 20 min section I liked, but have only done once. I need to get more familiar with it to determine whether I love it. Ah, the bleeding-wallet will finally get stemmed after today. It's nuts how much money people spend in December.

Carol....That was your first time doing CoreSyn? It's one that definitely gets better as you become more familiar with it. I used to loathe it, but I'm on speaking terms with it now. I hate those chataranga runs. They're tough! (which means, they work!). If I can find the motivation to leave the house today, I'll check out the Zicam.

Teddygirl....A 30 min high intensity run is still a good workout! Don't minimize your achievement. I'm impressed that you're still hanging in there with Tony. You're almost finished Week 3!! Do you plan to do the X recovery week, or sub something else? I'll bet your hair looks fantastic. Pardon my ignorance, but what is the purpose of the Beeswax?

Jeanette....Look at you, gloating over CoreSyn! It's all because you're the only one of us who's mastered the Dreya Rolls! I shall just start calling you Dreya ;) Moan a little for us, won't you? LMAO about the hand cream incident. Frankly, I'm with DH on this one!! I'm glad the inmate was caught, without incident.

Debra....Ooooh, what kinds of cookies are you going to make? Do you keep them, or distribute them? Of course you would have hopped back into bed with Ted. We all know what your priorities are these days!! Got that webcam working yet? Can I get you some wine? We've been using a webcam for years, to video conference with my parents. It's a useful way for the kids to get to know their grandparents. If anyone ever wants to video chat, I'm all set! Here's a curling website for you. If you scroll down, you'll even see links to Curling Clubs, of which there are a number of American ones. You may not be aware of it, but people around you know how to curl }( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curling

Lea....Back to square one with the X, are you? Go Lea go!!

Nicole.....Argh. Croup. We've had that a few times in this household, and the cough sounds so awful.

I did CardioX yesterday. I've done it about 3 times now. I've never before heard Tony mention that Vanessa and Dominique were engaged, having met in the test group. I wonder if they're actually married (still?) now? Reminds me of a Charlene Prickett video where they talk about the impending birth of a crew members' baby. That baby's probably 19 years old now. I wonder if they actually did use the step as a change table?

Have a great day! I'm home all day, so I'll be popping back online frequently. Someone type something, okay?

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi all,

Just a quick fly by. I'm at work and I can't stay long.

Traci - I was wondering, what are Tosca Reno's credentials? Everyone talks so much about her stuff and I'm just wondering.

Happy workouts, sounds like everyone is still going strong, well except Sandra who is tired and on perky all at once. I would imagine that is a wierd feeling.

Tracy

Sandra: Thank you. Yep! Monday I’ll be starting recovery week, and wow really feels good too say it. I plan to do X recovery week however itty bitty changes, like add- ons that it. However, I’m not sure about Yoga X will be subbing that one for X Stretch or I may just give it try, I promised myself I would, . OMG, I forgot about the Dreya Rolls, OUCHHHHHHHH

I even brought another measurement tape, :) I will be taking my measurements, Saturday and get busy, these lasts 9 weeks, I have to bring it, thinking about doing another round, with his new ons.

Hey guys, I was very impressed with the lovely Gayle from BFL check in, her progress and pictures will tell the story. You should check her out:)

http://www.bodyforlife-tracker.com/searchprofile.cfm?id=24459&sid=2

ADD......

Sandra: Beeswax is used for helping the hair to lock :7

Tracy....That's a good question about Tosca's creds. I'm trying to remember, but I know she's got a Master's degree, although not in nutrition or phys ed. I think her creds for this stuff is her own experience. She's a success story that can write well. And it probably helps that she's married to the publisher of the magazine. I'm going to grab her 1st book and review. Back in a minute....Ah, on the back of the book she's got the initials: B.Sc. and B.Ed. beside her name. So, two bachelor degrees. Yup, I'm definitely feeling weird today. Energized, but will probably experience doses of narcolepsy throughout the day. Just as long as I keep taking the cough syrup every 6 hours, I should avert all-out coma-like sleep.

Teddygirl....Hm, not a fan of the Dreya rolls either, huh? What's with the new measuring tape? Are you hoping an inch isn't always an inch? LOL! Isn't that like buying a new clock, hoping it will give you a few extra hours in a day? I'll check Gayle out. I remember when she started that journey. It will be interesting to see how she's doing.

Cheers,
Sandra

Sandra: When we start P90X I could not find my measurement tape to take my measurements, so brought new one, sick I know, I really want too give my best, these next 9 weeks.

Afternoon Ladies,

Round 3/Phase 1/Week 4/Day 4
Workout: StretchX (done)

Only have a little time right now I am elbow deep in cut out cookies. :9 Made a double batch this year. And I still want to make some carmel corn. Went out earlier and bought the girls some gift cards from their favorite clothing stores. So now they will be able to buy clothes that they like. But I get to give my $.02 :D

Traci, So the Tosca book is worth getting? I enjoyed her last book, but didn't know if this one would be all that different. Sorry to hear about Sandy. {{{HUGS}}}

Sandra, I ordered the Y4H from Amazon. It says it should be here by the 24th.

TG, Dang on the bonus. I don't even know the last time I received anything that looked like a bonus.

Jeanette, Glad you had fun watching your nephew perform. Apparently my DD did a good job on her play today too. Her little sister said the play was really good.

Lea, Congrats on starting the X again. ;-) Tiss the busy season right now for everyone.

Carol, Glad you are able to find your tree topper. It is a very important part of a tree. We went for the pretty angel.

Tracy, 20 unassisted, did I read that right!!! You go girl. ;-)

Have to get back to work,

Laurie

Have I mentioned lately that I don't like doing leg work?? I guess, though, since SH legs is just over 30 minutes, it isn't as horrible as some others! Anyway, I did it, even if I didn't like it. DD and I went to see Santa at the mall...but he was on lunch break. WTH?? I would have brought him some cookies if I had known! So we came back home and made cookies for the "real" Santa who comes to our house. We are headed out in a bit to go look at Xmas lights with my mom...and CB is coming by later to eat some cookies and play some games. We have a pretty busy weekend planned...DD and I are headed out of town tomorrow afternoon to visit some friends and have dinner. Then I have a friend who I have known since I was 7 years old coming to visit on Sunday night. In between, we have to go back to the mall to see if we can catch Santa actually working, go to the grocery store for carrots for the reindeer plus ingredients for pies that I have to make for Xmas dinner with my mom's friends. Still have some wrapping to do, gift certificates to buy, etc.

Personals....

Traci....
Thanks for the info about Tosca's new book. I will check it out when I head to the bookstore tomorrow for a calendar and gift certificates tomorrow.

Sandra...
I am assuming you have crashed after your cough syrup high this morning. At least you got your workout in. Sorry you are feeling yucky. It is miserable to be sick at Xmas...Now, do you guys do Christmas on the 25th or on Boxing Day? I had no idea what an involved sport curling was...Who knew?? Being from the South originally, I don't have a lot of knowledge of ice related games. We couldn't get on a lake here in the winter...even if it was frozen, it is just too dangerous. I remember the first year we lived in Minnesota, it was a warmer year than normal...and people kept driving their cars on the lakes and falling through the ice. It was just amazing to me that people drove their trucks onto the lake at all. Let's see...cookies...we made 7 layer cookie bars, haystacks, and peanut butter cereal cookies...Not much baking...LOL! Mostly lots of mixing on the stove. I will be baking pies on Xmas eve, though. That's nice you have been able to keep up with the grandparents with the webcam. CB was threatening to bring over wine tonight. Bad boy.

Tracy...
Waving as you fly by!

Teddygirl...
Have a fun family filled weekend...and I guess that measuring tape can be used for all sorts of things....LOL! Thanks for the compliments on DD...I think she is kind of cute. She looks great with her new hairdo, too.

Laurie...
Cookies are happening in your house today too? 'Tis the season. So what are your DD's favorite clothing stores? My DD likes limited too the best...She goes into Gap, but usually there are not enough sparkles in there for her. Glad you already have your workout completed for the day...that is always a good feeling.

Waving to all of the other Xers who I assume are busy in their winter wonderlands! Lea, Nicole, Wendy (lost in the wilds of Thailand), Amy, Swifty...Hope all is well...and no more illnesses are creeping into your worlds. I think I caught everyone else this morning. Have fun with your families tonight!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.