Xers :::::Friday:::::

teddy16410

Cathlete
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Phase 2 / Round 2
Week 1
Day 5: Legs & Back (Hooray Sneaky Lunges!)
Doubles: 30 minute Denise Austin SSC (laugh if you must!)
Oh my, my entire core is filled with DOMS this morning from MM Abs yesterday! HOORAY! It is so rare that I feel them this much the next day… I kept “ZIPPING UP” tho! Thanks for all the talk on that Tracy! I really did well with Yoga X first half.. That’s a first ever! I must be stronger- I worked up quite a sweat too so that’s always a benefit. I actually did well enough to do it again! Thanks to Eoin I am much more flexible…. Thanks to all for turning me on to that one!! My CC1 on TM was awesome! Hadn’t done a good interval run in ages – Overall yesterday was a wonderful workout day where I felt the X gains this round! YIPPEE… Its wonderful to feel coming up on halfway mark- gives me the motivation to continue strong!

Arm is less achy the last 24 hours… Ice + some rehab moves I learned might be working!

Pups are nagging me for food so I’ll be back in a bit with catch up on personals!

Friday 5/4

Phase 2 / Round 2
Week 1

::::::::::::::::: Personals::::::::::::::::::::

تDebra X
Oh Deb that’s so exciting about your measurements! Gosh you and Jeanette are doing so much better at this post X rotation than I did! Remember my month of floundering and whining? I hang my head in shame! I love all shoulder work too but gotta say that SH is my favorite Cathe in that area! Last year I used it as my shoulder work for 6 weeks and saw amazing results! Good Luck with meeting and getting all the details of move together. I may miss your afternoon post as we are heading to bay – but gosh Its nice to have you back!

تLaurie X
Have a great day!! I think I caught up with you yesterday... Have a fun weekend as I know you'll be going a hundred miles an hour!

تSandra X
Amazing to me that you are keeping up with the workouts! Must need the “break” from family? Whatever the reason you inspire me! As far as eating… I am having to go back to logging food intake today… My weight is holding steady but I am back to “picking” & I aint pickin’ at the veggie tray! I stopped logging food and logging in Sparkspeople at the same time last month – too much freedom all at once apparently… so back I go I will try and get it under control by journaling first and stay away from SP…. My main problem seems to be not eating “complete” mini meals lately… I’ll go grab a protein… later it’s a carb… later it’s a fat…. Just not meeting my brain/tummy needs.

تTracy X
Hope you are planning a great weekend and feeling strong after a rest day!

تJeanette X
So glad you had a great day out in the outdoors! Super job on controlling food choices too! Gosh I feel for you and DH! Mine has been working with a nightmare partner for 5 years and when its bad its really bad! Completely changes his personality and demeanor… I hope all is being resolved before weekend!

تAmy
I haven’t done the 90 min Eoin yet… I am amazed that your personality allows you to do 90 minute Yoga! You and I are like 2 honey bees on steroids all the time! How on earth do you calm yourself to do it? I need help in that area! If you move you’ll have an in person Cathe Friend! How fun to play at Debras house!!!

تNicole
Gosh Recovery Week is so close! Have you done Yoga X all 3 weeks? If yes, a better man than I! Its exciting that you are feeling changes already… You were pretty fit to start with tho so you are putting a lot of energy into all your workouts I’m sure! Great job! I think all of us realized we had a false sense of core strength with doing ARX. It sure taught me that my lower back needs great focus- That’s why I’m enjoying the Core Strength (Tracey Staehle) and Sculpt Sweatfest (TS) – they both are totally focused on complete core & balance work. Seems to be really helping me.

تTeddyGirl
Here’s my take on being a “free bird” with workouts: If that’s what makes you happy and keeps you going back every day then it’s a beautiful thing! You are so “fit” and are so happy with your TG Mishmoshes that I don’t think you need to worry about a rotation! Arent we the generation of “If it feels good do it?” So sorry about Amazon issues… maybe your angels are keeping you from making any more purchases?

تWendy
I was so tickled when I saw a long post from our gal! I recall you saying this month would be scarce computer time so I feel honored! Wait a minute… did you use US as your excuse not to workout???? Hmmmmmmm I think I’ve already used that one myself- you gotta find NEW ways to procrastinate! GREAT eating day woman! Were you hungry at all? STEP AWAY FROM THE HARVEST BARS! Sandra got me hooked on those last round and I SWEAR it is not possible to eat one of those without it creating a sugar frenzy! ROFL about Phil’s moaning covering up Dreya’s!!! Good one girl! Laughing about the going a bit wacky in round 1- for me it’s a control issue- I don’t follow anything exactly by the book- I can take a prize winning recipe and can not make myself follow it to the T. It’s a TERRIBLE personality trait- its who I am tho…. I guess its better it comes out in the way it does rather than more serious ways. LOL on the fruit bar- funny how the brain kicks in AFTER we have eaten the stuff!

Great day to all-

Heading to bay in the afternoon – not sure if I’ll take laptop or not…. Such decisions!

Happy Flexing/Stretching/Moaning & Grunting to all!

Good morning,

I'm supposed to be doing DrillMax's Scrambled Cardio premix today, with KM's leg conditioning drills. I'll have to come back later and report whether I did it or not. Right now it doesn't seem very appealing, but I always seem to feel that way before I start.

TraciX - Excellent progress with YogaX!!! See? It ain't so bad. I'm really enjoying Eoin's yoga - so glad this group turned me on to it. I'm sure you're going to meet your deadlines just fine. Enjoy your trip to the Bay! Mwah, Mwah! We'll miss you.

DebraX - Congratulations on the new house!!!! That's so exciting! I don't envy you having to move without DH to help. Are you hiring packers and movers?

LaurieX - Waiting for buses is aggravating at best. I'd have probably taken a nap.

Wendy - Yes, we did see the rainbow! I have a great photo that I will upload next week. I've heard of the story you mentioned, but can't remember if I ever read it. Excellent workout marathon you did yesterday. Are you feeling comfortably full with your new eating plan?

JeanetteX - Well YAY that the problem-supervisor is being dealt with, rather than DH quitting. What's the next competition that you're preparing for?

Nicole - It sounds like you're motoring along really well with P90X! Are you still enjoying the workouts?

TracyX - Your workouts are high quality these days, as usual. What sort of lower body work are you going to do, with your new body-weight focus? Would it be along the lines of "freestyle" that many people on the OD talk about? I think there's even a book on that.

Well, I'd better go. Today we're going to visit DH's grandmother, then I'm going grocery shopping for DH's 40th birthday dinner on Sunday evening. On Saturday my brother is taking us up in a 4-seater plane for a few hours in the afternoon. Then DH and I are leaving the kids with my parents, and we're going to Stratford for dinner with friends, and we will spend the night in a lovely old inn. Sunday morning, after a nice breakfast, we will go back to DH's grandmother's for her 95th b-day open house. Then back here for DH's b-day dinner. It's going to be busy, but I'm looking forward to it all. I think I'm going to be relieved to go home on Monday, just so I can rest!! If you don't hear from me on Saturday or Sunday, you'll know why.

Oh, for those left wondering: the cottage opening went well. No nasty surprises. It was a beautiful day, and the kids had a riot playing on the beach while the grown ups got things working again. After the cottage opening we drove into Sarnia, down to the river by the bridge to the US. It's a beautiful park land there. We had the most scrumptious hot fries from the chip wagon and watched the ships sail in and out for a while. A great day. Okay, now I'm going for sure!

Happy workouts to everyone,
SandraX

Morning Friday Xers! I've been incommunicato (sp?) lately. A mix of bright sunny days and X-workouts, and naps in the afternoon.

I'm into well into Phase 1/Week 2/Day 6/ :::::legs and back /ARX.

P90x is a work of genius. I can really feel the results in my upper body. Amazing isn't it? DH re-installed my pull up bar to the ceiling of the basement last Sat. It came down on me last week. Now I can really bring it! I notice my posture is better while sitting.:7

Yesterday following all 90 min of YogaX; DD and I cycled 7 mi. on local trail. I pulled her with the gator (an attachment thingy) DD and bike are an additional 65 lbs. uphill for 4 of those 7 miles. My legs were pumped truly.x( Loads of fun though. We took a picnic lunch!

I'm hoping I can pull through the 80 days left of Phase 1. As always I'm :+ you are all here.

It's off to work for now. Have a super great Friday.

Good morning all! Since DD is dragging her feet getting ready this morning, just wanted to say hello! I wish I had more DOMS in my shoulders today. I was going to tack on some extra weight work yesterday, but time was a factor. Glad to hear everyone is up and perky this morning.

Traci...Have a great time at the bay with the kids and the DH! We'll miss you this weekend. Glad your shoulder is feeling better...keep up the icing and rehab. I know you want to stay healthy!

Okay...back later with other personals. Just wanted to catch Traci before she left!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Morning,

Today was KenpoX for me. It was very nice to hear Tony again. Got to say, though, that this workout didn't get my heart rate up very much like before, and I did really try to focus on my core. Also used my weighted gloves for it. I just think that my cardio capacity is better now than when I did the X. Less intensity doesn't bother me at all, and makes me enjoy the workout more. Fun, fun today. Glad I did it.

If the weather is better after work, DH and I will take the girls out for a run. Supposed to be a nice weekend here. I'm hoping we can get that woodstove out of the house so I can start the purchasing of tile, etc. for the new hearth.

Traci, great workout for you yesterday, lots of variety too. Do you have the link for the "zip" thing? Is that the same as the pelvic tuck that Chalene does in Ab Jam? I have CC#1 and remember it as being a good one, heck they are all good. So glad the arm is less achey, that's a good sign. Please don't push it though. I'm hoping that DH's day at work goes well today. Got a feeling that it will. Sorry that your DH has the nightmare partner. What kind of work does he do? Not sure if you ever mentioned it. Will you be posting from the Bay this weekend? Hope so. LOL re: you taking a prize winning recipe and changing it. I'm kind of a rebel too and when I write a check, I never do it in the order of the check (sometimes doing the $ first, signature, date, etc.)

Sandra, your posts sound like you are having a really, really good time!!! That's what a vacation is supposed to be. The cottage opening sounded fun too. The next couple days sounds really busy, but fantastic! Hoping you have the best time at the inn and DH's birthday. He's getting socks, right?

Swifty, good on your upper body results! Hope you didn't get hurt when the bar fell. Bet the bike ride was a good workout, and glad it was fun too.

Debra, hi to you too! DOMS in the shoulders, I'm always so careful with mine that I probably don't push enough, have seen DH with his shoulder problems and it's not pretty. Hope you have a great day.

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph2/Wk5/Day5/Rnd2
Workout: Legs & Back / ARX / 3 Mile Run

Everyone recommends the Cardio Coaches, so I will have to order them. :) And of course Yoga for Happiness. :) Ladies what else do I need to spend my money on? :7 :7 :7 Probably shouldn't ask that question...right!

Traci, Ya you are right, we are going to be busy this weekend. :D Youngest DD has her last Saturday dance class tomorrow. So I will not be hauling her to that. She has her recital next weekend. I'm hoping to get my workout in early tomorrow, so that it is done and I don't have to think about it all day. Glad to hear your abs are so sore! Got to love that feeling. I have gotten all the ingredients to make that Broccoli Soup you posted. I can't wait to make it.

Debra, So glad you found a house, of course now you will be really busy. When will you be moving? Congrats on the measurements.

Sandra, Isn't it funny how we need a vaction after the vacation. Trying to pack so much into a short amount of time. Enjoy the remaining time you have left.

Jeanette, Good to hear that the boss realized that there was a problem. Takes some stress away for your DH, and of course yourself. Got to love cookies. :9 You would probably have burned those cookies off in the first mile with the wind you had to deal with. :7

Nicole, I agree with everyone, your recovery week you will see some differences. In a good way of course. ;-)

Wendy, Good idea to curl up and wait to do Kenpo this morning. :) I so love Amy's Kitchen products. In fact I had the Mushroom and Olive pizza last night. :9

Have a great day!

Laurie

Yeah It’s Friday……:) :)

Wendy: My plan is simple, every other day I plan to do a complete UB workout, that’s it. I plan to start tomorrow and continue this cycle for the next 4 weeks.

TracieX: your results are awesome, pictures, please!. I am way overdue for a good run, just maybe I get the chances this weekend to do one of Sean’s workouts. I tell you, tho, TG need to lay off the walking my booty is starting to get flatx(x( it’s so strange that walking does that to me, oh well, booty just going to be flat another summer, cuz, I’m going to walkx(

I did get an email from Amazon this morning, they are still unable to process card. And I’m glad, hate too have my bank info just pending in space, they said they can only keep open for three more days, good!.

Last night, finished lower body, and walked 1 hour. This morning, I did Imax 2 OUCH. I really wanted to give legs a days rest, OUCH. I check back later.

Teddygirl~

Good Morning Ladies,

Traci-X: You're leaving us for the weekend AGAIN! I don't blame you for wanting to go to the bay this time of the year. But, TAKE the laptop!!! The first phase of the X does make one stronger! Glad it's motivating you to continue strong. As if you wouldn't anyway! ;-) I logged my food intake yesterday evening on Sparkspeople for the first time. That is really nifty! Shocked to see that it was 1624 calories. The darn ice cream bar did me in! But, I wasn't hungry. On the contrary, I felt a bit piggish eating the last bite of all my meals since I was already full. I didn't eat the Harvest Grain bar after seeing the calorie totals! I'd like to continue logging my food intake to help me better keep track before I go over, say, 2500 calories in a day. :7 Oh, I am currently using EVERYTHING as an excuse to procrastinate. Well, almost... I was talking to my gf the other day. She's been having a little ear pressure in the morning when she wakes up. When she blinks, she can feel the air rushing out of her ear. Strange huh? So, her doctor gave her some antihistamines. Didn't help. So, now he wants her to get an MRI. When she asked him what he would be looking for, he nonchalantly replies, "A brain tumor or aneurysm." WTH. Anyhow, it's a bit far fetched!!! Her excuse is she's not working out because it might burst an aneurysm. I fell over laughing when she said that since it's highly unlikely that she has one. Girl, I'd use that excuse too if I could!!!

Sandra-X: Dd would love to see your rainbow picture of the falls. When she was four, she realized that she had never seen a rainbow. So, she prayed and asked God to show her one. Of course, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. Later, she's searching the sky for the rainbow, when she sees a hot air balloon. Wouldn't you know it. The fabric was sewn to mimic a rainbow!!! She's seen a real one since though. Every time we see one, we have to drive towards it though. Crazy! Your vacation sounds so FUN and family oriented (in a good way!). Flying in a plane, going to the cottage, playing on the beach, and filled with birthday parties. Enjoy the time of activity! Good for you for not using vacation as an excuse!

Laurie-X: Enjoy your workout! My glutes are sore from doing L&B. I can only imagine the PAIN I'd be in if I added on a 3 MILE run! Glad, I held off on Kenpo for today. I'm still on the fence with CC. I'm not a big fan of running on the TM, even though I used to do it prior to the X. Ohhh, I was considering Amy's pizza. I picked up DiGorno's vegetarian pizza. It was tangy and good! Only problem, my family wasn't as impressed. At least Amy sells personal pizza sizes.

Swift Amy: Glad to see you're still doing the X. Only 80 more days. Gosh that sounds like forever. I like to calculate how many days left in each week. Baby steps! How scary to have the pull up bar come down on you. That crosses my mind when I watch dh do chin-ups. I wonder how long our old wood trim can last bearing our weight.

Debra-X: Isn't it nice to be back home with your weights? Have a great day!

Jeanette-X: You are Wonder Woman! Kenpo still makes me breath hard and sweaty. Oh, and that's without having to tighten my core or wear weighted gloves! :7 It's a good sign that you feel dh's work will go well today. Maybe all he needed was to step away from the situation for a day.

Well, I best get dd started on her grammar before I push play. It's Kenpo now and UB tonight with Phil. I have to get to sleep early tonight. I'm taking the girls to Bethlehem tomorrow morning for a Bach workshop at the art gallery. Dd's favorite composer is Bach, so she should have a good time. I'm on my own since Phil is working overtime and the boys are going to their cousin's confirmation.

Have a great day everyone!!!

Wendy

OH! I did want to comment about the comment in OD on Pet Peeves. Well, I still stand by my Zoo attire! Knee high leather boots with three inches heels, albeit not spiked, would have been proper footwear had the weather been 54 degrees as AOL had led me to believe! I've donned those boots for outdoor, evening, autumn, harvest festivals in the past. And, believe me! Underarmor tights don't keep you warm enough on a hay ride; especially when one is HIGHLY encouraged to wear a dress!!!

The only people I would *think* that would possibly be bothered by my attire are women whose husbands are looking at my boots! Cuz, they can't see anything else all covered up in modest apparel!!!

Yes, I'm a wimp posting here instead of OD. :7 But, y'all would understand and still love me. Y'all still love me right? LOL

Yes, I'm procrastinating!!!

Wendy

Phase 2 / Round 2
Week 1

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Feeling like wonder woman this morning… 10am and all workouts done, shower taken, groceries purchased and put away, Petsmart pooper scooper mission accomplished! Whew I’m tired!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Personals ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

تWendy
Yeah girl I still luv ya!!!! Isn’t it nice how once you get to know someone you love in spite of any differences? I just LOVE that! Never read the OD thread but OK- If you want to wear boots… thongs…. Tassles hanging off the “girls” it all fine by me! You are no wimp my dear… think childbirth! Think X! Think being married! On my on your gf! A couple of years ago I had a sinus infection and my dr ordered an MRI…. Talk about WTF??? I was going to do it cuz he freaked me out but soon realized that it would be 800.00 out of pocket before insurance kicked in! NO THANK YOU!
Please tell Phil we expect controlled Kenpo moves tonight!
I’ll probably take the lap top this weekend as I am so nosey!

تJeanette X
Way cool about Kenpo today! My gosh you are inspiring!! Doing all the right things for your fitness…^5! I don’t have the Zip Link but basiclly: Lying Down pretend you are trying to zip a super tight pair of jeans… Hold that while doing the ab work! Killer difference. DH owns a technology company… He is 1 of 5 partners… That’s a huge start up error that should be resolved by year end… Funny about check writing! ME TOO!!! Lolol Good luck with all the weekend projects!

تDebra X
Thanks Deb! Gotta love when the little ones start the art of procrastination so early!! Have a great workout! No DOMS from SH ?? What are you doing these days to become so strong?

تSwifty
Glad you checked in and are doing well with X! My goodness your talk of pull up bar coming down sounds horrid! That’s why I’ll never get one.. It’s a fear for me. Glad you are OK

تTeddyGirl
Oh no don’t lose that booty!!!! Do you need to do some leg presses or something? Maybe Legs & Back X??? LOL- Imax 2 but wanted to give legs a break? You are a NUT! Good thing I love nuts!!! Have a great computer free weekend!

تLaurie X
Tell DD we are all rooting for her on the recital! How exciting all those moments must be for you & family. Hope you love the broccoli soup! I’m pulling my last batch out of freezer to take to bay- maybe I can convince my brain its powdered donuts! Congrats on the ordering plans!!!! What “holes” do you see in your library to create faux X rotations? We’ll help ya spend $$

تSandra X
Your weekend plans have my head spinning! You’re gonna need a REAL vacation come Monday! Have a fabulous time & cant wait to see pics!!!

All caught up! Happy morning to :
تTracy X
تAmy
تNicole

Great day to all-

Happy Flexing/Stretching/Moaning & Grunting to all!

Classic: Phase 1/ Week 3/ Day 5/ Round 1

Good Morning All,

This morning was Legs & Back. I can really hear my knee grinding on the one-legged squats and deadlifts. Anyone else experience this? My back has had a constant feeling of a large spider of sorts crawling up it. I am going to the chiro today to see if he can squash it:)

SandraX- That pre-workout hesitation is the reason I started getting up at 4:45 to workout. It gives me less time to think about the work I have coming:) Yes, I'm still enjoying the workouts. It's nice to have a set schedule so I know what I have to do ahead of time. We'll see if it's worth it next week. It sounds like you had a great cottage opening, how fun. What a wonderful weekend you have coming, such a blessing!

Laurie- Thanks, I'm looking forward to it. I'm jealous you're getting Yoga For Happiness. I plan on getting it as soon as I'm done with the rotation.

Amy (Swifty)- So glad you're feeling results! What a ride with your DD. Now that's a workout!

Jeanette- Yummy, cookies! At least you were able to go on a ride with your friend to facilitate in their digestion:) Glad DH's work trouble may be rectified, that will make life for you a bit easier.

Wendy- I love Amy's Enchilada Bowls. You are lucky to have your husband working out with you. I know it can be a bummer sometimes but I wish my DH and I got the chance to. It's nice to have a workout partner for inspiration. Like I said, I'm glad my aunt and her Torte cake live far, far away:)

Traci-X -Glad to here your shoulder is a bit better today and that you are happily sore. I always enjoy being sore because it means something is changing! I have done the full YogaX all three weeks because I have always done an hour of yoga s another 30 minutes wasn't too bad to add on. Hope you had a nice day at the bay.

Thanks for all the support,

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Hi all,

Today is body weight lower body exercises, the stationary bike, and Shiva yoga. I wanted to go for a walk, but DS has the truck that I usually take the dogs in. I don't want to go by myself. I'm not sure that either dog would protect me, but it is a very secluded area and I just wouldn't be comfortable on my own.

I previewed the shortest of the preprogrammed sequences on Shiva's new Fluid Yoga dvd. She takes all of the normal poses and sequences, adds some new ones and then adds movement to everything. It's almost like a combination of static and ballistic power yoga. What I saw was a nice refreshing twist on what I've been doing. You really have to preview it first, but I tried a little anyway and it is definitley not easy. For example, she does prayer twist from pigeon. I'm not sure that I actually move any where close to the way that she moves, but it should improve my overall body flexibility. There is a 77 minute hip opening sequence, and I believe a total of at least 6 preprogrammed sequences, plus the matrix. I'll be previewing that next. The production is first rate.

Glad everyone seems to be relatively happy with thier workouts. I also hope that everyone is making GREAT food choices to supplement their workout routines. I unfortunately have lost some weight in my lower body. I'm hoping that as I increase the intensity of my lower body workouts I can add some more muscle.

I agree that p90x is a work of art. Someone definitely put some thought into it. I'm sure that Cathe could create a rotation with all of her dvds that would rival the x, it's just that the packaging and promotion of the x seem to make it a little different.

Please ignore any spelling errors, I was too lazy to put this in WORD first:)

Traci - Have fun at the bay.
Sandra - Continue to enjoy your vacation, it sounds wonderful. I love to travel with my kids.

Happy Friday evening to all, off to see what kind of workout I can create.

Tracy

Hey, gang!!!

Classic/ Phase 1/ Week 4/ Day 2 - Core Synergistics

Okay, I am going to say it out loud....I preview CS last night and I'm a bit askeered of CS!!! I will do my best (and forget the rest;)) to bring it, though!!!

Traci- I hope that you have an awesome weekend at the Bay!! Keep working on your homework, though! I had to LOL about the honeybees on steroids! That's how I feel some days, but others, I'm able to quiet myself....I think that that new medication my doctor put me on helps A LOT!!! I had to laugh about SparkPeople. I haven't logged on there since starting the X. I wanted to do the X in it's entirety, which included the nutrition program, so I know that I am going WAY over what they recommend....which, by the way, it still a bit low for my height/weight/body structure. I know that now I am using the X nutrition program, I have a TON more energy than I used to!!

Debra- That would be way cool about NC!!! My move depends solely on getting my butt-ocks in gear and take the GRE as well as to fill out the application for UNC-Charlotte. I am actually looking for it to be within the next 2 years or so. Good luck on your move!!!

Wendy- I understand about the lactose intolerance. I only have soy milk in my house now....DH even drinks it because he tends to develop kidney stones if he drinks too much regular milk. I used to eat TONS of Harvest bars when they came out....probably what helped me gain to over 250 lbs (when I wasnt' exercising!!)

Nicole- Your torte sounds super yummy!! It also sounds like some of the goodies I produce out of my kitchen when I am not so concerned about my eating!:p I know that you enjoyed it immensely, though!!

Jeanette- I am glad that your DH's work situation is getting resolved without him having to quit! I have to say that I watch a lot of Discovery Channel and think of you everytime they have their commercial on where they are looking for 2 people to ride some of the hardest bike terrains, including some of the Tour de France routes for a TV show.

Laurie- All I can recommend is that you invest in Cardio Coach Press Play as one of the workouts!!! I have 4 of them that I use on my elliptical trainer and that one, by far, is my favorite one!!! It's so inspiring!!!

Okay, off to change for my workout and then off to work!

So, I am finally back. I got SH legs in this morning plus abs...and I still have SH bis to do...but I was so tired this afternoon, I had to take a nap. I slept for 2 hours!!! Still trying to wake up! I thought having a diet coke and chatting for a few minutes would get me in the mood to finish up my workout. I just didn't have time for bis this morning before my appointment with my mortgage guy. I have also been shopping for a company to move my DH's car for us since he will not be here to drive it himself.

personals....

Amy...Well, it would be great if you ended up moving up to NC. It really is a great area....More climate change seasonally than Florida...but still pretty warm all the time. Where are your and DH's family? I am thinking they are not in Florida...but I could be wrong about that. I really like Core Syn...and there is a rumor going around that you can see Dreya's cellulite...so there's always that to look for!

Wendy...I'll have to go and look at the discussion on OD...I don't always make it over there...since sometimes it seems people get a little out of control. I am sure your boots are great. And if someone else's DH was looking at you, I am sure it is because you are gorgeous, and not because of your boots! Sounds like you will have a good time with your DD's tomorrow at the Bach workshop. have fun with that naked Kenpo!

Tracy...Have fun with lower body today. I thought of you while I was doing SH legs today since i went heavier than ever with my barbell. Cathe starts with 50# and then she drops to 40# and I used 45# the whole time. My legs were definitely fatigued at the end. I wish I had time after for a short walk...so I am sure I will pay the price tomorrow with DOMS. Let me know how the Shiva hips goes...I am still battling a much tighter left side than right.

Nicole...Hope the chiro was able to squash that darn spider...I can always tell when my back is getting ready to go out too. Usually a little yoga can stave it off until I can get into the chiro. Looks like you're almost to recovery week!

Jeanette...Glad you had fun with Kenpo today. That is one that I have been doing occasionally after the X, too. Hope you guys have good weather this weekend. I am sure the girls will have a great run tonight. Good luck with the wood stove. And do you have a big ride this weekend? I am looking forward to getting moved so that I can join a bike club of some sort. There are a couple of nice bike shops in the area that I am moving to, so I am hoping they will have some info for me.

Swifty...That was certainly a workout with DD trailing behind! Glad you are enjoying the X and all the results it brings.

TG...I am sure your booty is not flat! You just keep on walking and just do some leg presses...that is sure to pump up your booty!

Laurie...Have fun this weekend. And good luck to DD on her upcoming recital. I just love those! The kids are all so cute and your heart just fills with pride to watch yours twirling around on stage! I LOVE Amy's Mushroom and olive pizza...It's my fave!

Sandra...Sounds like your vacation has been just wonderful...and you still have busy days coming up! Have a great time...and we'll see you when you get home.

I think I am actually caught up...so I guess it's time to push play. Oh, forgot to mention that I ordered "Squeeze" last night. Thanks a lot ladies.

Debra

Debra- No, both of our families live up North....mine in the western suburbs of Chicago and DH's in NW Indiana. Oh, and yes, I looked up Dreya's cellulite....all 3 dimples of it last week!

Okay, just to let ya'll know.....I am a Core Synergistics WIMP!!! Holy Moly! I was lucky to get through it, much less do about a 1/3 of each exercise! I guess that it gives a goal to work for!

Amy...Core Syn is definitely hard! But I also like it...I would probably do it more but I always feel like Tony is all over Dreya in this one. But don't get me wrong...I am lucky to do any of the chatarunga runs and the prison cell push ups! I like all the banana rolls etc in that one. You know, we are in Naperville now...your family must be pretty close to here.

Debra

Yeah, Tony is all over Dreya in CS. Oh, well, I am working too hard in my attempt to do any of the exercises to actually LOOK at the TV!!

Debra- My parents live about 5 miles south of Elburn and my younger DB lives in North Aurora. I went to Naperville the last time I was up there visiting to go to the Penzey's store. Talk about a hard thing to find! It didn't help that it was on a one-way street in the middle of the cute little shop district!

Amy...The downtown is one of the things I will miss about here. I just love it down there...and yes, Penzy's is kind of hidden away if you don't know where to look! Did you grow up around here? I certainly won't miss the winters when we get moved. I like snow and all...but it's just so nasty here during those months.

Debra

Hi,
Just got up from a little nap on the couch. Dishes won't get done until tomorrow. Manana.

Wendy, work did go well for my DH today. Guess they are getting to the bottom with the bad supervisor. Sorting it all out. We'll see. I see you get sore from Legs & Back too. I always got sore. Think it was the sneaky lunges or something. Have fun tomorrow with Bach. You are a great mom to take your kids all over. My mom was a good mom but she sure didn't have the time or $$ to take us all over. Guess we really weren't deprived though.

Traci, I'll have to practice "zipping" tomorrow when I do HSC. Think there is some abwork in it. Enjoy your time at the Bay and stay away from those powdered doughnuts. PD's are not a problem for me, I always liked the old-fashioned ones.

Nicole, no pain in the knee? I've never had grinding, but I do get clunking in my shoulder, no pain there, just like a tendon is popping or something. Hope yours is no problem. A spider-like feeling in your back? Have you had that before? Sounds creepy crawly!

Tracy, thanks for the review on Shiva's new DVD. I may want to get this one. I really like having a matrix where I can choose whatever I want and for however long I want.

Amy, I'll have to watch the Discovery Channel re: the bike routes. Thanks for thinking of me. I have a tough bike ride on Sunday, an out of town organized ride. Not sure I'll do the full century (100 miles), but something more like 70 I think. I haven't done much in the way of long distance rides this year yet. I'm with you on recommending the Cardio Coach workouts for Laurie. Works of art for sure.

Debra, glad you got the nap in. I took one also tonite. Just needed it, or it's a habit, not sure. My eyes just get so heavy. Know you will find a bike club when you move. Hope you are near some good roads to ride on. Hope you enjoy Squeeze. I like it. Got to try the upper body one soon. I couldn't even finish the shoulder work, it was that intense for me with 2# weights.

See ya tomorrow.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.