X'ers FRIDAY 12/22

CLASSIC / Phase 2 / Final Week/ 2 days to recovery week!

Did Bryan Kest Power Yoga yesterday for first time and really like him! He is a bit chatterbox but its all interesting things so I dont mind. Later if its annoying I can always mute. I found it very challenging but at least doable. He also does 45 minutes of traditional yoga but he doesnt cram in so many different poses ... The pace is more focused on holding position (challenging to me) and breathing 5 counts... For someone not familiar w/ eveything it allows me time to figure out the pose and get a nice hold. Theres also a 6 minute Power abs & an advanced abs on the DVD but it wasnt ab day so I did not view.

Today is Legs/Back/ARX... I will be getting those done by mid day.
I really do think over training is starting to come into play... My appetitie is ZILCH, my body temp is above normal, HR accelerated, a bit achy overall.... If I can get through today then Kenpo will be great to end out this week.

JEANETTE: Its so cool hearing about all your progress in Phase 1 thus far. Are you somewhat surprised by all the good stuff thats occuring?

TRACY: I do the same thing w/ carbs... I think its called Carb Zig Zagging? Anyway... my body just responds better to that. I agree w/ others.. you are very much in tune with your body. I finally feel at 43 and years of trying to figure it all out that I am becoming more intuitive about my body as well. Its hard not to go back & forth w/ all the "latest findings" but reality has set in that I have to do whats best for my body even if the world thnks its "weird".

DEBRA: When I add cardio its just the cardio parts of CTX or Timesaver DVDs. I never add more than a 30 minute Cathe and if I had to do all of this over again (which I will in March) I will do whatever P90X program EXACTLY as written. I really believe in my heart that my body responds much much much better to higher weights focus (which does give cardio benefit for me) and MUCH less cardio. For over a year I had been doing Cathe cardio/circuits for 1.5-2 hours 6 days a week.... held on to flab because I couldnt consume enough clean calories to allow my body to get out of starvation mode.
What a wonderful New Years gift seeing DH!!!! That brings a smile to my face! Its gotta be so hard....Take care of sweeties pink eye... that poor poor thing. Xmas pics will be a "story" for years and years!

BUFFY: Enjoy your holiday evening w/ firm... enjoy your wine too! I plan on dipping a bit into that tonight as well!

MONICA: I understand completely about DH. Mine is "supportive from a distance"... I think he's afraid I'll try and recruit him into a healthy lifestyle ...lolol I keep telling him- I love him for who he is and that I just want to grow old together in a healthy- happy way. This group is a heaven sent gift to me.... Its the only connection I have w/ people interested in workouts/health/pushing themself to next level. I am forever grateful to all here. Like I said in above post... I wish I hadnt added cardio to program... next time I will. For me the weight increases each week are taxing enough on my body without any extra stuff I threw in.. Next round its gonna be PURE baby!

LEA: Hope you were able to get YOGA X in yesterday! Yes- its hard to slip in a 90 minute w/o! You seem like you are getting your plan all together so KUDOS!

SANDRA: So how excited are you getting this week? Are you a picture taking fool with your cutie pie? Arent you also expecting a new grandchild? (might be Jane)... I agree with X'ers... You are an inspiration to all! I have never "met' someone who so just BRINGS IT every single day to whatever she does. I'm asking Santa for that gene as a stocking stuffer!

Many Hugs & Thank you's to all!

Morning, Traci and all fellow X'ers!!

This morning I felt the need for some exhausting cardio so I did Cardio Coach #6 (Candace). I love that workout!!!! 4 challenges instead of 3 and they are all HARD! I also did stability ball abs from B&G. This is my current fav. ab workout.

Two nites ago my stepson (who is visiting) was in my gym working out when I did ARX. Since I wanted to impress him with my workouts I worked extra hard keeping an eye on my form. Boy did I feel the difference yesterday; by abs were burning. It just goes to show you how form can make all the difference.

Traci - Enjoy legs and back. one of my favs. I'll be doing that one tomorrow.

Buffy

Morning Xers!

CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 3/DAY 5

It was Legs & Back this morning. Will do AbX tonite. Fabulous workout this morning, felt strong for my pulldowns on the Bowflex and for the 2nd round, I upped the Bowflex from 55# to 60# and pushed it. Oh yeah, last night did Cardio Coach #2, burning 283 calories according to my HRM. Felt good to be on the bike and pushing it. I think even if I don't do extra cardio in order to avoid overtraining, I need to do one Cardio Coach a week (intervals) to maintain my cycling form a bit thru the winter. I have been able to cycle on the weekends with the group, but I think this is a doable plan to maintain okay form thru winter.

Traci, 1st day of winter, huh? Guess that means the days get longer? I always like knowing that summer will come. It's always a mental boost to know it. Which Bryan Kest Power Yoga do you have? I have the set of 3, but all on video. It was one of the 1st I bought and he can be very challenging. I like the more Zenlike feel to it. Sorry you are feeling the overtraining thing. Yesterday I was a bit droopy at work, but feel top notch (lots of energy) this morning. I have to remember I'm still trying to get over a little bit of nagging phlegm from the cold last week. Traci, I AM pleased and surprised by all the good stuff already happening. My upper body is looking nice. Lower could improve lots more though. That's my problem area for sure, though I know it's strong under the fat layer. At what phase/point did you notice the most changes to your body?

Buffy, way to go on CC#6! I haven't done that one yet. I have all of them but have been hesitating to do them and P90X as I'm afraid of getting too tired. After doing CC#2 last night, I have a bit more confidence. Also, I need more carbs to respond better to harder cardio and the Cardio Coaches are as tough as any cardio I've ever done. Level 4 exertions are just plain tough. I have ARX tonite and will focus even more on form. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi to everyone else that comes.

Jeanette

Hi all,

Yesterday I ran an easy 3 miles and then did yoga x. It was nice to get out and run a little. Since I’m seeing so much progress (for me) with my flexibility, it was much easier to do the 90 minutes. My arms really burn doing yoga x the day after back and biceps.

Today is arx and legs and back. It will have to wait today, because I still have to work and run a bunch of errands.

Traci – I know what you mean about the overtraining. I’ve been flirting with it all of this phase. After both upper body workouts this week I had to force myself to eat dinner and I’ve had an eye twitch off and on. That’s why I’ve decreased the cardio a little. The cardio on top of working to failure with the weights just must be too much. It’s so interesting because before I started this I was working out 1-2 hours per day too. I love Brian Kest’s yoga and did it religiously for a while. As for the food, I am probably sort of fanatical about some things. I’m very sensitive to chemicals so I eat really clean and eating now is more a means to an end. For me, sticking with a planned zig zig of food intake is all dependent on planning and having the right stuff available. I’ll be buying more ground turkey at Costco this afternoon

Buffy – You always seem to be able to add in extra cardio. Are you eating a lot more to maintain your energy? Thanks for the tip on focusing on the form for arx. My back may round a little and I know that is not good.

Jeanette - Glad to hear you felt good today doing legs and back. Doesn't it feel good to work really hard. For me, the feeling rivals a good cardio session. I agree with you on the cardio. I think that one longer session a week is necessary to maintain, if cardio is a major part of your after p90x fitness program. I usually do mine on Sunday. I may have to get a cardio coach or two. Everyone keeps talking about how good they are. I'd eventually like to get an eliptical machine, but I don't have any extra money right now.

To everybody who is reporting seeing visible progress in their fitness. Isn’t it GREAT and so motivating to see progress???

To all who follow, I hope you find time to get your workouts in and everything else during this busy holiday season.

Tracy

Hi all!

Classic, week 4 ( really 5 but had to skip a week!), day 6

Did KenpoX today. I really like this one. With my knee problem, I wore a knee brace, hopefully that minimized the strain. If so, I think I will use this when Plyo comes up because I think that is the one that did it to my knee.

Traci: you better slow down or you will not be able to do anything. Does sound like over-training.

Good thoughts you all the X-er's out there!

;)

LEAN/Phase 1/Week 3/Day 3
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! I wasn't able to check in yesterday, but yesterday I subbed Plyo X for CardioX, and WOW, what a workout! I love it, though, since Tony changes exercises every 30 seconds, so if I really dreaded one, I knew it would be over in 30 seconds and we could move on to something else. I also liked how he mixes up the intensity - one is really super intense, and the next one not so much. I have to tell you that I finally convinced my DH to try P90X, and this guy hasn't exercised in 15 years. He played college football so was always in great shape. Well, I figured he'd better go with the Classic Rotation since he's a guy and everything. Well, after doing Chest and Back and then Plyometrics after that, he has quit the program for a while. He's so sore he can hardly move. He's going to let his muscles recover (he says) and then start the Lean Rotation. He couldn't finish the Plyometrics workout, and he was super impressed that I finished it just fine. I was breathing REALLY hard, but felt good after I was done. I've got Shoulders and Arms today with ARX. I LOVE the Shoulders and Arms workout and I'm hoping I'll get through ARX much better this time. I'm having kind of a crampy stomach this morning, so I'm not sure if it's something I ate or some kind of bug.

Traci - I feel your pain! I know when I've worked out with Cathe in the past and I've felt those overtraining symptoms. I like your attitude of "Just get through today" and then you'll have a wonderful Yoga workout that will do wonders for you. I'm feeling great during Phase 1, but I'm so nervous that Phase 2 will kill me! Are you close to your recovery week? Did you say you were 43? That is really encouraging, because I'm 37 and I'm in the best shape of my life because of Cathe and now Tony! I know that I can keep this up for many, many years. I still want to be in shape when I'm 70 and 80. I don't know if I'll be able to do Tony and Cathe, then, though. (LOL)

Jeanette - I'm glad Legs and Back went great for you! I cannot stand doing this workout, but I'm looking forward to the day when I can feel stronger and maybe it won't be so miserable for me! I like the leg portion, but not the pullups! And there are so many of them. I'm assuming you've done the Chest & Back workout, since you're doing Classic. I have to ask, "How did you get through it?" I watched my DH struggle through it and he's out of shape, but I'm sure much stronger than me. I don't have to do it until Week 9, so do you think I'll be ready to tackle it by then?

Buffy - I'm jealous of you getting a chance to run! Do you do your Cardio Coach on a treadmill or outside? I love to run outside, but it's been nasty weather here, and it is really hard on my knees. I can't do it too often. Another reason that I love Tony! The workouts are knee friendly!

Tracy - Great news about the running! I mentioned above that I really like running, but haven't in a while. I can usually only do 3 miles maximum, but I'm hoping that my increased muscle and flexibility will enable me to go longer after I'm done with Tony. At this point, I don't think I can tack on extra cardio with the P90X workouts right now.

Happy Friday everybody!

Stephanie

Merry Xmas Weekend Xers!

Well, I have decided to restart Lean Program next week after Christmas as I am struggling with the nutritional plan. I have to follow the nutritional plan to achieve my goal which is maximum results. I have loved the first 1 1/2 of the Lean and I cannot wait to restart in earnest!

A little secret: P90X is my Xmas gift from Hubby so I have to pack it up and wrap it nicely for Christmas Day. Hee Hee

My hubby, who is fit but not a fanatic, tried some of the workouts and has come to the conclusion that he needs "to get in shape before attempting P90X". But he really likes the workouts. He's a disaster with ARX as he is the 200 crunches with a 20lb weight kinda guy!

Congrats to all of you and your amazing dedication through the holidays...you're a better man than me! I will be bak to posting after Xmas.

Have a wonderful holiday with your loved ones!!!!!

X

PHASE 1 / WEEK 2 / DAY 5 / CLASSIC ROTATION

Today was Legs & Back and ARX. I really enjoy this workout -- especially how we are always doing something different with the legs. I wish that I had a pull up bar, but I am using the bands this time through P90X. I bought the heaviest strength band I could find and just give it my all. I'm sure I would benefit more though if I was doing the pull-ups. I really got a good burn in my legs today, although not in my buns so much.

I am looking forward to Kenpo X and then a rest day. Question -- Do you think it would be okay to do Chest & Back on my rest day and then have a rest day on Christmas instead? I certainly can keep it as is, but thought it might be nice to have Christmas day off. What is everyone else doing on Christmas??

TRACI -- I haven't tried Bryan Krest -- will have to pick that up after P90X. That is interesting that your appetite has decreased and your body temp is up. My appetite is crazy -- always hungry. It's actually getting on my nerves.

JEANETTE -- What is cardio coach? A CD? I may have to check it out - wonder if it is on i-tunes?

TRACY -- "Ran an easy three miles" that is so impressive. I have really never been able to run far - even in my best shape. I wish that I could. Congrats on Yoga X getting easier to complete. I think that it is my favorite part of P90X so far. I also did Legs & Back today. Glad to have it overwith.

STEPHANIE -- Isn't Plyo X something else!? It is pretty intense. I love it! Make sure that your husband is very careful, I don't think P90X is intended for someone who has not been exercising. Did he try the fit test first? My hubbie would never make it through a single P90X workout, not even Stretch X due to the sun salutations in the beginning!

X -- Hi there! Good idea to start back up right after Christmas, it will be a good start to the new year!

Everyone have a happy holiday!!! Thanks for all of your support.

Monica

Classic/Phase II/Week 3/Day 5

Good morning to everyone. How the heck are you all doing?

Yesterday I was able to do yoga, my kids even did some of it with me. I even received a compliment from my 6 year old. He said "Wow mom, you are flexible". He was very impressed, which made me feel really goo. Today I did Back and Legs today with a great ARX workout. I actually did all of those darn ab exercises today which is a first. YAY. I challenged myself since next week is rest week (whatever that is) and I did it!!! Now only if I can lay off that darn eggnog, maybe I could actually see my ab muscles. LOL

Traci - Thank you for the info on Bryan Kest. I have been wondering about him since now I have a new found love for yoga thanks to Mr. Horton. Sounds like you are having it pretty bad today. I hope that you feel better and that you are able to workout today.

Buffy - Sounds like I have to check out Cardio Coach. A lot of people seem to like those workouts. Isn't it amazing how different things feel when you concentrate on your form? Good for you. And I know that feeling of wanting to impress somebody when they are watching you workout. Give you that extra oomph!!

Jeanette - Sounds like you had a great workout. Good job on upping the weights yet again. Looks like you are into rest week next week huh?

Tracy - I hear what you are saying about the 90 minutes of yoga being easier. I am even kind of sad now when the vinyasa's are over as I am really starting to like it (except for that darn half moon, half moon twist sequence). Good luck with legs and back today.

Fox2star - I am glad to see that you are sticking with the X. Good for you. Keep it up!!! I hope that the plyo doesn't strain your knee more.

Stephanie - Plyo is a toughie huh? That is a good way to look at the workout. Have to try it next time. Tough on your DH though. I hope that the lean rotation is better for him. And here is hoping that you feel better.

X - I hope that you have a Merry Christmas. Good luck on the lean rotation.

Laurie - What a great compliment from your DD. Congrats!!! I hope that you enjoyed your yoga workout.

Debra - I am impressed that you are learning a new language. How long have you been studying Russian? Does your DH speak Russian? You must be so excited that your DH is coming home. Yay. Have a Merry Christmas and here's to hoping that you feel better too.

Monica - Good going on the arms and shoulders. I had to laugh about your complaint on the legnth of the Shavansana. If I would be able to lay there for the one minute without my kids jumping around and shouting I would be happy :).

Sandra - I hope that you are enjoying your guests. I have to say that I thought of you today as I was doing back and legs. What kind of grunting and groaning is Dreya doing during the calf raises? Tony seemed a little embarassed too. LOL. I found a song that Dreya was singing in. I will post it next time since I don't have time right now. Ok, enough of the drama today. Hope you have a great day.

I think that is all. Hi to anyone that I missed.

Lea

Good morning to all!!

classic/ph1/wk4/day2

I am previewing Core Syn while checking in...and watching Tony fawn all over Dreya!! Anyhoo...had my Russian lesson this morning..And since my DD is home with pink eye she is upstairs watching the Sound of Music so I'll be doing Core Syn after this! Yesterday I did some pilates, some Yoga, yoga belly 7 and 15 minutes of cardio. Feeling good during my rest week. I will probably add another cardio day to the week...Probably the on Sunday then take my rest/stretchx on Christmas day..then back to yoga on Tuesday (I think).

Lea..I have been doing Russian for about a month..My DH also has a tutor. He is probably coming along faster since he is there and using it everyday. Congrats on having a great ARX workout today. I like legs and back too! It's funny you mention the groaning...I was thinking the same thing when I did that workout last!!!LOL!!

Monica...I think it's fine to switch around a little bit to make this rotation into your schedule....You'll still get your rest day in, so you should be fine. I'm sure you are still doing great even without the pull up bar. I mixing pull ups and the band.

X..Have a great (and restful) Christmas with your family. I'm sure you will be able to keep your focus after the first of the year!!

Stephanie...Hope your tummy is feeling better! LOL about your DH...I think it's great you are outperforming him!! Even when guys haven't worked out in a while, they still think they can keep up!!! I like plyo for the same reasons as you! Have fun with Sh and Arms today.

fox2star...Glad you enjoyed Kenpo..I like this workout too!

Tracy..Glad you got your run in...It's always nice to do the things you enjoy! Hope you get all of your errands done in record time! It's interesting that you feel yoga in your upper body...I ALWAYS feel it more in my legs!

Jeanette..Glad you enjoyed your workout this morning..And now you can look forward to ARX!!! I think you're right to keep up cycling for the winter...And it's important to do something you enjoy!

Buffy...It's good to just push yourself and get a good sweat in!!

Traci...Good luck with getting through the week...Don't overexhaust yourself...You may be paying the price..and not in a good way! Glad you enjoyed your new yoga yesterday...I also have cardio benefits from a lot of the weight work...I'm sure your body is just screaming for your recovery week. And what great timing with that holiday week!

Happy day to all who follow...As I am previewing Core Syn I am noticing this is A LOT harder then I thought it was going to be!!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hello Everyone,

Well the DD's are finally off the computer, don't have much time we are heading for our Christmas travels. I was suppose to do Core Syn, but decieded to do KenopoX. Want to have more time with a w/o that I haven't tried before.

Debra, just wanted to say thank you for the tip on KenpoX. My heart rate didn't dive bomb on me. I tightened those abs and it was great.

Have a Merry Christmas everyone,

Laurie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.