Xers Friday ~FANTABULOUS!~

teddy16410

Cathlete
*Legs/Conditioning: Lower Body Firming Kathy Smith
*Chest: APX, GS
*YOGA: Eoin

Last day of my first full week of working legs 5x… WOW can I see a difference already! I really like this type of rotation – We’ll have to wait and see actual measurements but as far as the various cuts… Yep it’s working! :D Yesterday was the first day I wasnt walking around with lower body DOMS... I guess thats good and definitely tells me I am working varied muscles groups (per plan) each day.

Yesterdays Squeeze Abs got me good while doing them… just different enough to help muscles say “HUH?” I still dont feel abs "the next day" unless I've done a KenpoX type workout but at least I am starting to see definition coming back.

New w/o room all set up and ready for test run today! :D

Cheryl~ UPS man brought the TV stand for my w/o room… I ended up using the guest room TV and bedroom DVD. SO SORRY about PMS aliens! They can hit with a vengeance cant they? Very glad you decided to take it as an easy day with w/o’s. I’m really loving building my rotations around my strongest days of the month and tapering/changing it up for those days that I just don’t have 1000% to give. My body seems to be responding with thanks by dropping inches & BF. I see by your late night post that you are already feeling like you have more energy! Good deal- enjoy your heart thumping cardio this morning!:D

TeddyGirl~
19 siblings?????????????????????????????? HOLY MACKERAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am stunned and amazed! :D

SandraX~
You poor thing being so tired! When do you decide that tired means rest day (from w/o’s)? Wonderful Shakti mish mosh you put together! Such a creative woman.:D

TracyX~ I was reading your “lunch” and thinking… She must have forgotten something! I cannot believe that you survive on that little food especially with your workouts! I’d be chewing my arm off. Very exciting arrival next week! I bet you’ll thoroughly enjoy the zero impact. :D

Nicole~
Still sending those healing vibes your way! Gosh its got to be the pits! I have a hard time when my dogs are sick! The Abs Diet is a really good one for eating clean! I just love how simple it makes grocery shopping too! Good luck with that. :D

Have some appointments this morning so I'll be back late after DH & the boys head out to bay. Sandy & i staying home for another girls weekend. I am taking her to bay only every other weekend because of the stairs there.

Great morning to all!

:D

Hi all,

Yesterday was a nice run with hills and then magically hips. No legs or cardio today because I'm riding my bike tomorrow and I want to see how I feel with fresh legs. I'll probably do some yoga today and maybe ME upper body premix. I'm not quite sure yet.

Traci - Glad your lower body rotation is working. I saw great results with freestyle. I still would like to get back to lifting heavier for legs, but that will have to wait for a while.

Sandra - I hope you got to do the standing flow. Let me know what you think.

Nicole - Sending healthy vibes to all. Are you starting a new diet? I must have missed that.

Cheryl - Maybe TTOM will come today. I keep praying that will happen for me. I hate these last few days.

Amy - I hope all is well.

Tracy

Happy Friday, :)

I had a very pleasant evening yesterday:) I first went home finished up my workout then went to my sister home we cleaned for maybe 3 hours x(

I couldn’t sleep last night tossed and turned for hour not sure what that was about, I finally fell asleep around 2 or 3 this morning.

Tonight’s workout, Strike Zone, ttyl

Teddygirl~

Teddygirl,

I can't imagine hearing pleasant evening and cleaning for 3 hours in the same sentence. It must have been the company that made it good. Cleaning is usually not pleasant for me unless I'm in one of those OMG this is a disaster moods.

Sorry about the lack of sleep.

Tracy

Classic/ Phase 3/ Week 9/ Round 1/ Day 5

L&B

Good Morning all,

No one else is throwing up today, yeah! I am getting ready to do my workout but woke up with a headache and moving a little slow.

TracyX, Hope you have lots of fun at the bay! Thanks for the well wishes for the sickness, I hope it is all gone. I am really liking the Abs diet I feel much better eating this way.

Tracy, Yes, I'm doing the Abs Diet from my Oxygen magazine. It's all clean eating with lots of fruit and fiber and yogurt. I am feeling good eating this way so I might continue it for the summer with a day off here and there. July is a busy month full of a birthday and anniversary:) Have fun with your workout today!

Wendy, Hope you're in deal heaven:)

Catch up with the rest of you later,

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Tracy: definitely the company;-) ;-)

What are you guys doing or planning for July 4th :7 I can't wait I'll be on vacation, it starts June 29 - returning July 9th.

Teddygirl~

Good Friday morning!

The good news: DD's Track & Field day was cancelled due to weather, so I don't have to spend 3 hours this afternoon volunteering to supervise at the park. I'm disappointed for the kids, but was honestly dreading the afternoon.

The even better news: BootCamp is done, as are the KM Leg Conditioning Drills. BC was on the rotation, the LCDs were my second bout of "floorwork" for the week. Went well. Tomorrow's my rest day, and I'm looking forward to it...I need some sleep! I've gotten way too little sleep this week.

The best news: Last night I did Shiva Rea's Fluid Power Yoga: Dancing Warrior 1008 Preparation; Dancing Warrior 1008; Meditation. About 30 mins in all. I absolutely loooooved the dancing warrior salutations!

The Two Traci/y's both hitting the wall in the last couple of days. My. I guess it just shows how hard this group works, and how dedicated we are. I hope you're both feeling better today.

TracyX - Do you always eat so little? I didn't try the Standing Pose Mandala last night, because my curiosity about the DW1008 got the better of me. I think tomorrow, on my rest day, I might do the BackBend Flow. It's long, but I like the looks of everything in it. The DW1008 segments last night left me wanting to do more, but it was already late enough. So, I shall do the standing poses within the BB Flow tomorrow.

TraciX - You're with us this weekend! Yay! Thanks a million for the links. I just read what you did by 9am yesterday. Holy cow, woman!! Someone needs to shoot you with a tranquilizer dart some days. I look forward to hearing how you like your new workout room. With your lower body 5x a week plan, are you striving for a Freestyle-type approach? I take the same approach as Tracy when it comes to determining whether I need an extra rest day: I start the workout. I always give myself permission to quit at any point if it's just not happening. But until I actually get going, I can't ascertain whether it is the body or the mind that is tired. I also lower my expectations when I'm doing, say, Imax3 after 3 previous hard days, versus doing it on fresh legs. Sure, Imax3 felt harder yesterday because my legs were tired, but I think that was the point. Cathe's trying to build endurance. But identifying that "intelligent edge" is very tricky. I'm sure I've overdone it at times. I can be a bit stubborn about sticking with a plan.

Laurie - What do you do with the costumes at the end of the season?

Cheryl - Ugh. I had a stretch where my cycle would go for 6 or 7 weeks, and it made me feel awful. I bought a book called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" and learned a ton about how the female hormone system works. The most important thing I learned was how to tell when I'm ovulating, so I know when to expect my period. I think it will help me a great deal when I begin menopause.

Teddygirl - You're one of 20?? My dad is one of 17. There were 3 sets of fraternal twins, and he was one of them. He and his twin were born at midnight, so have different birthdays, and zodiak signs. Are there twins in that 20 count? Where are you in the birth order?

Nicole - I hope that today doesn't find you throwing up :( I agree that the first-am workouts are the best. Very little gets in the way. How are the kids today? I picked up that Oxygen issue. Many of the recipes look delicious. Are you following their meal plan exactly, or just eating the recipes you want?

Amy - I haven't seen you in a couple of days. I hope all is well! I'm so sorry your DH now has to deal with diabetes on top of all of his other health issues. Can it be regulated with diet?

Debra, Wendy, Jeanette - miss you!

Yesterday turned into one of those unexpectedly busy days. Now, a day that I expected to be hectic has turned unexpectedly empty. Hm. What to do??

Have a great day,
SandraX

The people that I work with are looking at me like I’m crazy. I was preparing my lunch 2 slices of wheat bread, put 2 Tbsp of ff refried beans on bread, Boca burger and a slice of eggplant, slice of ff cheese, forgot to put a tsp of sour cream on topx( But, 2 workers came to the back to see what I was doing. I offered her a bit, I knew she wouldn't you should of seen her face, they thought that was the most nastyies thing they ever seen, they are too funny………… Man oh man, was that good:9 :9 :9 They eat out, every single day for lunch. If I ate fast foods like that I’d be.......to put it nicely, I wouldn’t be a pretty sight for sore eyes…

Any of you like Key Lime Pie yummmmmmmmmy Giant Eagle now have them and it’s the best sh&& I tasted in awhile. I’m getting me one whole pie today, can’t be that fatty, can it?

SandraX: My mother birth 12 children (strong woman):) ;-) :) ;-) :) ;-)

Sandra,

I haven't tried the DW 1008 although I previewed it. It looks great for the hips. I'm addicted to the one from the hip opener sequence. I can't remember the names, but it is the second and third sequences under the hip opener column. It has the sun salutation with the lunges, half planks, and wierd side turn. It works so good for me and I feel great after I do it. I wish I had more time because I could easily spend an hour and a half doing yoga, but other obligations get in the way.

On the leg fatigue, I was thinking about that yesterday when I ran after doing Leaner Legs the day before. I think that it does build the endurance. I actually felt really good. That's why I want to ride the bike on fresh legs tomorrow to see where I really am on the legs for stength and endurance.

Tracy

Sandra, I'm following it to the tee this week then I'll pick and choose my favorites after that. The recipes really are good. How nice to have a relaxing day. Enjoy the break because it will get busy again:) Have a great day!!

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Cathe has finally made the announcement :) :7 :D 4 day Split presale and Blog updates will begin sometime on Monday, June 25th:p :p :D :D :D :D :D

Happy days all,

I just saw the announcement too. I'll be buying early because I'm going to buy anyways. I'm excited. I need someething new.

Today I ended up doing ME upper body premix and about 70 minutes of yoga Shakti. That was my upper body finisher for the week. My upper body was still fatigued from Tuesday's S&H.

Hi to all who follow,

Tracy

Tracy: I'm excited too:) ;-)

Giant Eagle did not have a whole key lime pie:-( :-( but they did have 2 slices, and I got the turtle pie too yummy.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone:) :)

Teddygirl

TracyX~
Hope the bike ride tomorrow is wonderful for those rested legs! That’s some kind of tough workouts you have pulled out with SH! I LOVE when I’ve worked a muscle group hard enough that I feel it days later. That’s working smart!

Nicole~
HOORAY that the germs are leaving the area! What a relief for you and the family. Hope this weekend is a good one for you!

SandraX~
Wondering what you did with your unexpected “quiet day”. Our new dancing warrior princess I see! What fun and how freeing that must have been. I totally agree that as a group we are among the most consistently dedicated to doing things the right way. I think that’s why I was so pleased that majority of us stayed together for check-ins. I am indeed taking a more freestyle approach… I continue to use my videos but am super careful to stay focused on the lower part I am working. Seems to be something my body likes. Hopefully someday I won’t have to work legs so often or it will be time challenging to do anything other than 1-part per day with uppers….. Speaking of, are you all set with that CC for Mondays pre-sale? I am stoked!

Hmmmmm- Cheryl, LaurieX & Amy MIA today…. Amy for a few days… Sending good thoughts!

Wendy’s still shopping…..DebraX is still on vacation but due back Monday or Tuesday….. I missed TGirl for the weekend….

My workout room is all set up and ready to have PLAY pressed! I took today as my rest since I was working off of 3 hours sleep (DH pulled a hamstring muscle and moaned all night) had Drs appointments etc… out of my 20 mile range!
I’ll be doing today’s workout tomorrow morning plus trying a BBC TM cardio for the first time.
Great night to all & hope everyone is well.

I know you guys don't believe but I am alive!!! Just popping on to say hello and I should be back on Tuesday to chat for real! Miss you all!!!!!!

Debra

Hi, everyone! I'm here! Only sort of MIA

Tracy, you are right, TOM hit this morning and ran over me like a semi. I made arrangements to work from home, slept till 11:00, attempted HCE, and didn't even make it to quite 20 minutes. AaAGH!
Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

Traci, so glad your workout room is up and going! And so sad to hear DH pulled a hamstring. That's gotta be the worst! I hope he feels better tonight - that will take him awhile to heal. Good thing he knows a personal fitness coach to help him work that all out (heh, heh)

Teddygirl, I have the funniest picture in my head of your co-workers squinching up their faces at your sandwich bite. It I'm sure you liked it. Good for you, girl!

Can't wait for the Cathe pre-sale!!! I will sign myself right up. Looking forward to that one.

Have a great night, everyone!
TGIF!
Cheryl

Hey all! It's been rather busy in the household lately...that and trying to keep track of DH. He's currently on oral medications and I have to keep reminding DH that he needs to eat. He tends to go all day without eating anything and I think that gets him into trouble.

Yesterday was freestyle upper body work at the gym. It felt really good....I was doing 70lb bench presses and was able to use the pull-up/dip station...of course with a LOT of assistance! My arms are really feeling it today. I have been doing mostly HIIT on my elliptical for cardio and that is a PIA, but feels great when I'm done!!! I have also noticed that my knee isn't clicking as much as when I was doing high impact stuff for cardio!

Traci- How's the new workout room? I can't wait to get mine in the future!

Everyone else, I apologize for my absence....oh, good news...we are getting a new dishwasher...one that actually washes the dishes without having to run it twice!!! DH finally got tired of re-washing the dishes, so we went to Sears and picked a new one out. I think that he's going to head back there tomorrow to actually pay for it!!!

Oh, can't wait for the pre-sale, either!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.