Xers....Finally......TGIF...........

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

I'm getting us started today. I am so glad it's Friday. I hope everyone has a great day and I'll bbl.

Nicole - I can't afford to shop for organic produce. It is so expensive, so I just have to buy the stuff laden with who knows what. Some fruits seen to have less chemicals than others. I can usually tell because I'll have a reaction if they have been treated. I've eaten a LOT of pineapple this year. Hang in there with the food. There is always a way to figure it out. Veggies are more reasonable, and I usually eat according to sales.

Later guys,

Tracy

HAPPY Friday Buff Xer’s!
جججججججججججج جججججججججججج جججججججججججج

Cycle Day 12: Hard!

Thigh Trimmer (PHH) + Legs & Glutes

جججججججججججج جججججججججججج جججججججججج

I think Tracy X is EXCITED its Friday!!!! Thanks for starting us off so very early today!

I haven’t done Legs & Glutes as produced in well over a year so I cant even recall the “ouch” factor- I LOVE the Extreme’s premixes but today wont be any of that!

Tracy X:
Hope the stiffness is subsiding this morning… do you tend to hold your breathe to see if those things turn into something more severe now that you’ve been thru such a long rehab process? Yesterday my rotator started aching again and I was a bit “frightened” … thank heavens it was just regular tenderness from lifting and is gone this morning. I hope you get out early today! Do you get full summer off or is your program a year round?

Jeanette X:
Hope I don’t miss you today…. Have a FABULOUS WEEKEND – relax and knock ’em dead on the ride!!! Be safe in your travels !!! Sure hope you’ll have some electricity!

Nicole:
I shop/eat like Tracy X- what’s on sale in produce becomes my staple for the week! I look at it as my way of getting variety since I tend to eat the same things over & over. I also like to buy frozen fruits & veggies- next best thing nutrient wise to fresh- that way I don’t have to worry about spoilage and it does help keep costs down. I know CA is outrageous in the produce/fruit arena.. When I go shopping for my food out there (visiting my family) I am appalled at how expensive it is. My budget doesn’t hold room for organic food at all let alone at a whole foods place! I just do what I can with what I’ve got in the budget each week and try not to over analyze it all or I’d be crazy! Out here in TX the cost of beef is a good reason to stop eating meat! LOLOLOL

Debra X:
It doesn’t really count as shopping if its for a good cause does it? What did you end up buying? Hope you got your sleep-in wish this morning! Glad your tummy is better and meds are working!

Amy:
That’s wonderful to hear about your new blooms! I just adore seeing the fruits of my labor! I recall the story last year all to well! ROFL- I think I had to cover my eyes with your @#%@# in posts! On BM2 Dbl Upper- Oh girl I started of with the 15’s and ended up with everything in between 3# - 15# out and used by the time I was done! Those arm circles were KILLER! Tony does those standing and they get me every time with just using my 3#’s! I have to laugh because on one segment when it said “Repeat Previous Segment” I muttered – “Oh F*”… I THOUGHT we had already repeated it! That Cathe ……

**We aren’t leaving for bay until tomorrow at 5am (wanting to avoid traffic since DH cant get away early today)… So I shall see you lovely ladies in a bit! **

Good Morning!!!

Today is a cardio day....I have officially given myself a vacation from the X. I haven't decided what exactly, but anything to get me to push play will do!!!

Traci- LOLOLOLOL!!! I had the same exact reaction with the repeats!!! Yes, those arm circles are killer! I did the first round with #5 and did the second round with #3! I have a pretty strong back, so all the back moves were with the #15s, but everything else was with the #12s (all the heavy moves that is). DOMS are sneaking in!!! I hope that you have a great weekend at the Bay....I'm so glad that I got to post before you leave. OH, a hint on some weekend reading.....pick up HERS Muscle & Fitness. Theres TONS of great workouts in it this month....lean/strong legs, great abs, great shoulders, etc! I have YET to make my entire way through it and I've had it since Wednesday!

Nicole- Sorry about the produce prices. I tend to hit the fresh produce aisle for the apples (sometimes pears, peaches, and nectarines) and oranges. I also like to get the pre-packaged, pre-washed broccoli and cauliflower. They are super easy because you poke a couple of holes, toss in the microwave for 3 min and they are cooked! That's what I need before heading out the door to work! Anyway, I also tend to use lots of the frozen veggies (green beans especially) and frozen berries. Yesterday I found a bag of frozen pineapple and mango! I am eager to try the pineapple out, but since I don't like mango, I left it in the store!

Jeanette- Good luck on your ride!

Debra- LOL! I had to laugh because I'm like you....I tend to justify the spending ESPECIALLY if it's for a good cause!!!

Off to snooze some more before work tonight! I hope that you ladies have a fabulous day!

Traci - On holding your breath to brace for the pain, I read an entire book about that related to back pain. It seems like people tend to get fixated on I can't do this, or I can't do that perpetuating the back problems. So I am of the mindset that I will be able to eventually do everything again. Running is a big one. Oh you can't run because you have back problems, not true. I'm close. I've found that every time I push just a little harder there is some discomfort, which goes away. Then the next time, I can go to the next level of intensity. It is a slow process, but I'm almost there. I must admit though, I notice every ache and pain, then have to go through a mental process of rationalizing whether it is just normal from working out and pushing myself or actually an injury.

I love legs and glutes.

Tracy

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph2/Wk8/Day2/Rnd2
Workout: Core Syn

As you can see I didn't get Core Syn in last night, we didn't get home until after 9pm. I have the time after work tonight, so it will be a push play day.

Oldest DD came in 6th place for 1600M race, and had a time of 5:58. :D I am very proud of her determination.

Traci, WHAT!!! No P90X!!! :) I understand totally. I am just like my DD in my determination to get this second round of the X in. :) Like a dog with a bone.

Amy, You are all done with your landscaping now. Bet it looks really nice. Another one taking a vacation from the X. Poor Tony! What's he going to think! ;( ;( :7 :7 :7 He will temp you back eventually. :D

Tracy, TGIF for me also. Doesn't it seem that when a vacation or holiday is getting near, the days never go fast enough. But I'm sure this weekend will go by very fast.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi, everyone! Yes, finally, TGIF!

Amy, I can totally relate on wanting to choose the options that motivate you to keep pushing play. I'm totally with you on that!

Traci, I've done Legs and Glutes a couple of times. It's the sit-n-stands and the inner thigh work that gets me. Definite ouch factor, but worth it.

Laurie, good luck on that Core Synth. Sounds fun (yeah right!) }(

TracyX, definite TGIF. I hope you have a good day.

I haven't decided what I will do yet. Maybe just cardio today. Extra hard work day yesterday and I worked until 11:30 on writing projects last night x( x( x(

Luckily they pay well :)

Have a great day, everyone!
Cheryl

Back to see what everyones up to this fine morning!

Amy:
Thanks for heads-up on HERS – I’ll look for it this afternoon when I go out. Have a wonderful sleep! I’m debating on taking the computer…

Tracy X:
I have read a lot about the mental blocks that get created quite easily from pain/injuries… AFPA actually did a lot of written work on this… from the standpoint of helping clients overcome the fear while listening to their bodies. Very interesting stuff!

Laurie X:
Under 6 minutes! YEAH- Goal achieved!!! Are you a proud mama today? LOL on Dog with a bone! I have so much admiration for you for doing it all the way thru AGAIN! I was outside in the yard this morning and realized that warm weather months just wont work for me and X rotation… I tend to do heavy 5-6 hour days in the yard once or twice a week and my body considers that the days workout in warm months – yet another reason I didn’t want to continue… It would be P250X if I did it that way! I think the first round was perfect timing for the consistency it offers… Nov thru Jan. What are we going to do to celebrate your XX status??? You DESERVE something big for that one!

Cheryl:
I figured you were 10 feet under in work yesterday… Your new company is just exploding out of the gate! Congratulations – well deserved! Oh I forgot about the sit n stands in L&G! YUK- LOLOLOL

Sandra X, Jeanette X, Debra X, Wendy, Swifty, Nicole…. Hope you all are doing well this morning and have BIG plans for holiday!

See ya later!

Good morning, dear ladies...DD and I have decided to take a play day...although, I still have lots to do to get ready for our move...but I let her lay out of school today...We'll probably go have lunch together and then she has a haircut this afternoon. I just needed a day not to have a scheduling rush...although we have a long weekend coming up...just feeling a bit out of sorts still from the medication.

Let's see...I won't be getting my bike ride in today since DD is home..I may also do legs and glutes...It's been a while since I did that one, too. Thanks for the suggestion, Traci! I also have SH back today. Bis are feeling nicely toasty from yesterday's workout. I need to get some cardio in, but I really haven't felt like it...I'll definitely walk the dog and count that as "light" cardio!

On to some personals!

Traci...I'm glad you are feeling okay with not finishing the X right now...Sounds like you will get plenty of workouts in the garden! I wouldn't have made it through the X the first time if it hadn't been for this check in....So, I certainly understand that you need a different kind of motivation right now. And, of course, I'm sure you learned a lot from this round too. I am glad that you are feeling good about your body weight...so now you can just take what you have learned about exercise and your body and translate that into your own rotations that work well for YOU. Have a wonderful time at the bay this weekend...We'll certainly miss you if you don't take your computer!

Laurie...WooHoo on your daughter's time!! She must have been pumped! Good luck with Core Syn tonight...I actually like that one...I probably need to pull it out again....although I never could get those chatarunga runs down!

Amy...So glad your garden is flourishing! I can't wait to get to my new house and do some planting. I don't want to do it here, since I will not get to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I certainly understand why you would need a break from the X...It is a very intense, very repetitive program. I really had a hard time finishing it myself the first time. Have sweet dreams and hoping you have an easy night at work.

Cheryl...Sounds like you business is booming...How wonderful for you! What's your favorite kind of cardio?

Tracy...Have a good day at work. Do you have any big plans for the long weekend? So, can you move like Shiva?!? I thought about you while I was doing that dvd yesterday...It is going to take some getting used to, but I enjoyed it. I actually have some DOMS in my upper back...probably from all of the "flowing"!

I am sure 12 people posted while I was...so I will check back in a bit!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Hi all,

No time to post as DH is coming back from filling up the propane tank and getting ice and probably wouldn't be happy if he's getting busy and I'm sitting here on the computer. Just finished my workout, GS Biceps and then Christi Taylor's Still Jumpin' (hi-lo). Never did this one before and it's a good one, she is such a fantastic cuer! I did about 30 minutes of it, which is more of a steady state, easier cardio. We'll be leaving to go camping here in a bit, after my shower. DH figured out the problem with the trailer, something that I had suggested the night before, but oh no, wouldn't listen to me.... Sheesh! Anyway, we have running water to the sink and toilet now, also lights!! We loaded everything up last night, 4 wheelers, Rhino, just have to load my clothes and road bike up. Mtn. bikes are on the rack behind the trailer. I'll be pulling the camp trailer and he'll be pulling the other trailer with the 4 wheelers on it. No simple back to nature camping trip for us. A far cry from Lewis and Clark. Have my metric bike ride tomorrow morning. 62 miles, but should be a beautiful, fun ride. Rolling, easy hills on it, mostly flat, quiet, rural roads that skirt the beautiful Indian Valley.

No time for personals as I think I hear his truck coming!!! Will be back on Monday, hope everyone has a great weekend. No workouts for me except roasting marshmallows LOL.

Wendy, hoping to eat that CC tonite when DH arrives! Hope you are okay, haven't heard from you, painting still?

Jeanette

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA these past couple of days. I'm trying to get as much cleaning and painting done before the cabinets arrive next week. I also have to START on my girls' homeschool portfolios. I'm not making a scrapbook type like I did last year. I'm too busy this year. I'm just gonna throw a handful of papers into a cheap two pocket notebook. A 3 ring binder or notebook is NOT gonna be needed. Hopefully, it will be good enough to pass evaluation and the school district's superintendent approval. If they want more proof that learning has occured, they're more than welcome to come into the chaos that is my home and take what they want. }(

I've been reading and it's KILLING me not to do personals. I hope y'all understand my editing issues. I think about y'all ALL the time! Tonight is CS. I hope I get time to do it. If not, I'll do it tomorrow morning again! :7 I'll try to get post later if time allows. Gotta suit up and put primer on the walls.

Ballistic HUGS to ALL!

Wendy

Good morning,

I did my workout first thing today: Christi Taylor's Totally Cool Step, incl. the bonus cardio, then BG stability ball bonus abs. Nice little workout. My glutes and quads are talking to me a bit today, after BG on Wednesday.

I'm getting the feeling that I might be coming down with a cold :( I have a mild fullness starting in my sinuses, I feel tired, and chest is feeling tight. My friend who visited on Monday phoned yesterday and sounds like death warmed over. I think I may have picked up the bug - hopefully all my healthy eating really does strengthen the immune system and I won't end up sounding like her. Poor thing. The ironic part is that she was worried about her kids picking up lice from mine. Ha!

Teddygirl - I hope you're having a great weekend! Booooo on getting another ticket!

JeanetteX - I'm glad you motivated me to pull out my Christi workouts again. I had a nice time this morning. What is a tapas resaurant? All I can envision is that tapas shoulder stretch Tony does in the P90X warm ups! The band work in the GS shoulders really does burn, doesn't it? I make a few grimaces when doing those. DH is riding to work 3-4 days a week, which is almost an hour each way. Then he's going out on a longer ride on his road bike on Sundays. That's about all he has time for these days. It would be nice if he could get out for a bit on Wednesday evenings. Maybe we can organize ourselves a bit better, so he can do that. I'm thinking of ordering that Squeeze workout. People are raving about it. If you haven't already left yet.....Have a GREAT weekend!!

Wendy - You are a machine. KenpoX at 11:30pm, after a night of no sleep? Craaaazy!! I look forward to Wendy Unedited later today, or tonight, or whenever you have a chance. :)

LaurieX - Ooooh, you sound like you're having fun with this wedding! How are you associated with the bride/groom? Sibling? Friend? Do you enjoy P90X more than Cathe workouts? No one says you ever have to stop doing P90X. And of course, there are new P90X workouts coming out soon!!! And P90X Masters....So much to do, so little time! Congrats to your daughter. She's quite the athlete!!!

TraciX - Well, you made it farther than I did with Round 2!! I know it's difficult to discern whether you're quitting because it's genuinely the best thing to do, or whether you're just getting bored and giving up. But either way, I don't think it's a bad thing. You did great for the first 2 phases, and since you've already been through the whole thing, you probably reaped the most benefits from it. I think Round 1 gives your body the greatest amount of "shock". You're going to do great with doing your own thing. Your workout library has grown in leaps and bounds!! Time to get down to business and see what you can do with it all. Maybe we'll all start another round some day with the new P90X workouts. Oh dear, if you found ingredients in the Vegan Planet book hard to find, then you will not like You Are What You Eat. She's got stuff in there that is completely unrecognizable. I recommend you pass on this book. I never made the Sweet Potato Risotto yet (that's in Tosca's book, right?). I really should give it a go; I love love love love sweet potatoes. I've been doing small ones wrapped in foil on the bbq, and am thrilled with the results. Thanks for the link to the lower body rotations. I'll check that out! You did BM2 double upper body, too? Did Amy influence you in that decision? Isn't it funny how you can pump out all those push ups in P90X, and yet the push ups in BM2 upper body still feel hard?? I wonder why that is? I love the music in LG, and Cathe has such a relaxed, fun demeanor. It's been a while for me, too. There's sit and stands in LG? I don't remember those. It might be time to pull that workout out again. Have a terrific time at the Bay! Are you going to be incommunicado, or in communicado?

Amy - My, I'm very curious about this eating plan you've been working on! So, are you going to finish the X rotation? I can certainly relate to flagging motivation when life gets disrupted. But keep in mind that it was only a few days of interruption; out of the whole 90 days, it's not really that much, and you will still see great results if you keep on keeping on. I have yet to do that BM2 upper body 2x premix. I find one round challenging enough; I have no doubt 2 rounds will sting. Oh my, the water lilies sound amazingly beautiful. Pull a Monet and paint them, won't you? Ahhh, I'm getting caught up, and I see you're going to take a P90X vacation. It sounds like the BM2 weight work fries you just as good! Between your and TraciX's moaning today, I don't know that I'm too eager to try it myself :) I planted all my sprouts and seeds last night, then had to cover them all with garbage bags because there was a risk of frost. Hopefully something in these 8 large pots will grow and bear fruit.

Nicole - YogaX has a great cardio factor, doesn't it? I always enjoyed that workout. Where did the free cell phones come from for you to list on ebay? Do you have a home business of some sort? If you enjoy doing yoga, you won't regret PY4H. Fun! Do you really have to drive your kids 80 miles every day for school?? I'd be eating a lot of breakfasts in the car!

DebraX - I LOVE the sounds of your neighbourhood fund raiser! That's an awesome idea to have a gathering of "home party" companies all on the same night. How did it go? How are you feeling today? Did you enjoy your new Shiva yoga? I'm still waiting for mine to even ship, as the book I concurrently ordered DH is holding up the whole order. Good thing I love him...Oh, I just read your last post from y-day. The Shiva yoga is good; your bi's are tired. I call that a good day! Did you get a good sleep?

TracyX - You know what's hilarious: I haven't even told DH that I've gone back to eating vegan....and he hasn't said a word! I don't know if he's even noticed, to be honest. Obviously he sees that I'm eating something different than they are at dinner time, but I think he might be scared that if he says something, he'll end up having to eat it too!! How are your legs today? Welcoming the break today? What's your part-time job? I don't remember you mentioning that before, but you probably did.

Cheryl, Swift Amy - Have a great weekend!

No holiday for me this weekend; we had ours last weekend, remember? Ah, ya'll are too self-absorbed LOL!!! I'm Canadian! We celebrated old Queen Victoria's birthday last Monday.

Enjoy your memorial day weekend. Isn't this the weekend of cherry pie and bbq's? Mmmmm :9 :9 Have a few bites for me, please.

SandraX

Cycle Day 12: Hard!

Thigh Trimmer (PHH) + Legs & Glutes

جججججججججججج جججججججججج
Mission accomplished and my whole body is screaming…. About halfway thru my lower marathon my upper started with DOMS…….. My chest feels like I had never done pushups before yesterday!! Weird- maybe its just the change of pace from Tony back to Cathe yesterday….

ANYWAY- Started off with PHH Thigh Trimmer……..VERY GOOD! Lots of KickMax Drill type stuff and courtesy lunges (like Legs & Glutes) but all with the Tony flare and interspersed running to get heart rate going. I was feeling slight pre-fatigue going into Legs & glutes… *for the record… No sit n stands but low ends! That’s close enough for me! I am utterly unable to move at this moment… grabbed a recovery bar and water and am planning on sitting for a bit.

We will be a small group this weekend it appears so I think I’ll take the computer…. It will be easy to keep up with just a handful of us! Posting on the lap top is a PITA to me for some reason – I shall persevere tho and be with you all!

I shall return with personals have a few calls to return.

Back for personals…

Debra X:
What a cool mom you are! Enjoy the day w/ DD. My hope for you is that Legs & Glutes works you as hard as it did me! OUCH!

Wendy:
I was beginning to think we got dumped! LOL- We know how busy you are- no worries… nothing a 3 page, single spaced personals wont cure! Happy painting!!

Sandra X:
Oh I hope you fight off the nasty germs trying to invade your space! On the X- Yep- I think next time I get the urge I’ll follow your lead and do Phase 3 only. I agree that L&G is wonderful! I think it’s a great use of body weight, music is fun and Cathe is indeed having a ball – she does her evil witch laugh in this one more than any of the others! I also LOVE the stretch in this one for some reason. The Tosca Risotto is good- I personally didn’t like the chunks of sweet potatoes so I mashed them … I think I just like creamy food! I must believe the calories “slide” right thru that way! Thanks for tip on the other book you recommended…I will take a pass on all that exotic stuff! LOL on Holiday… I really thought that you guys got 2! LOL No apple pie for me- good clean loving this weekend – hopefully some freshly caught baked snapper or red fish… yummmmmm

Weekend Plan of Attack
جججججججججججج جججججججججججج

Saturday= Cycle Day 13: Hard!
Kick Max (no drills) + Yoga 30

Sunday= Cycle Day 14: Hard
BBC Cardio + GS Legs (modified due to equipment at bay) + Yoga 30

Monday= Cycle Day 15: Hard
CC Run + MM Upper + Yoga 30

*Taking new DVD Sun Salutations to play with all weekend

Ok guys… waiting to see if DH gets home early enough to take me out to dinner! We don’t go if its past 530pm – the wait just isn’t worth it to us! LOL We sound like we need Luby’s Early Bird Special!

Great evening to all- I’ll be up around 3am to get packed up for bay so I’m sure I’ll talk to you all before I head out

Classic: Phase 2/ Week 7/ Day 5/ Round 1

Legs & Back + ARX

I really felt my back working today. My stomach feels so strong after ARX. I'll have to add it in after my rotation is over. You all would be so proud of me. I went to the grocery store today and purchased all of my items on sale and with coupons. My total was $61.19 and after coupons my total was $26.13. I was so excited. It was just basic neccesities so I was stoked. I have to put it all away now, whaaa:)

Tracy, I definitely keep an eye out for sales on certain veggies and fruits. Today I got organic strawberries for 3.00 each(1 lb.). i thought that was pretty good:)

Traci-X, I did good with my produce selections today. I but organic, pre-washed lettuce at Costco for a good price. It comes in a clamshell case which keeps it fresh a lot longer. I hate, hate, hate washing lettuce and cutting it up! I was so glad to at least cut out one step with these whole lettuce leaves. Have a fun little "vacation". I'm glad you'll post while there.

Amy, Thanks for the tips! I love frozen pineapple tidbitd at Trader Joe's. They are great for smoothies. I'm with you on frozen mango, gross.

Debra, How fun, a snow day in May:) Lunch with your daughter sounds nice. I would imagine you two are close with DH being gone a lot. Speaking of isn't he coming home soon? Good, someone to take a picture of his lovely wife:)

Jeanette, Yeah, running water and light, that's my kind of camping:) Oh, your bike ride sounds like it's going to be fabulous. Hope you enjoy your time away!

Wendy, You are a busy little bee aren't you? I can't wait to see the pictures of all these fun little projects! Just remember to look up the neti pot for Waves. You would be proud of me, I bought some clothes for myself today:)!!!!!! Just a pair of capri swets from Old Navy for our road trip and six tank tops for summer.

SandraX, I have quite a few vegan cookbooks one of which is Vegan Planet. I have got to look through those again and pick out some recipes to eat. I needed a new cell phone and with the plan my mom is on I bought one and got two free, just had to pay the $15 tax on each one. The other one is up to $60 on ebay and it ends tomorrow. Between those and all the money I saved at the grocery store, I bought myself a few new clothes:) Lucky me!!! Yes, I drive 20 miles each way morning and afternoon. I am so glad there are only 3-1/2 days left:) I keep forgetting you are in Canada. Growing up I always watched Anne of Green Gables when I was sick and dreamt of going to Prince Edward Island. It looks so beautiful in the movie.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday weekend, except for the Canadian:) You got your fun last week:p

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Hey, everyone -
What a busy bunch! TGIF, that's for sure!

Debra, my favorite form of Cardio is anything Cathe. So much variety. She makes it fun! I like intervals, step, pretty much everything except very much kickboxing. A little of that goes a long way for me, I'm afraid...

Nicole, congrats on the new clothes purchases. Cute stuff, I'm sure!

Sandra, Nicole, since we're on the topic of Vegan, here's a great recipe I cooked this week for our church nutrition group. It was really tasty and a real hit - Spicy Peanut Stew (Vegan - serves 6)
2 T Olive oil
1 med onion, diced (about 1 cup)
1 celery stalk, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
1 T. grated fresh ginger
2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp)
1 med sweet potato peeled and cut into 1" chunks
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with chilis
1 lb. butternut squash peeled and cut into 1" cubes (about 3 cups)
1/2 lb cauliflower florets (about 4 cups)
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
6 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
1 head watercress, stems removed

Heat oil in a large pot over medium low heat. Add onion and celery and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic and cook 5 minutes more until vegetables are soft. Add potato and tomatoes. Increase heat to medium and cook 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in 2 cups water and season with salt and pepper. Simmer partially covered 10 minutes. Add squash and cauliflower and cook 15 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
Whisk together peanut butter and 1/2 cup warm water in a small bowl. Add to stew and cook 4 minutes or until thickened stirring constantly. Spoon over rice and top with watercress and a spoonful of Cool Cucumber sauce.
204 calories per serving, 6 G protein, 10.5 G fat, 6 G fiber

Cool Cucumber Sauce - vegan - makes 1 1/2 cups
This is a salsa-like condiment to serve with the Spicy Peanut Stew.
1/2 peeled diced cucumber
1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 T lime juice
1 T. grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
optional - 1 stemmed, seeded and diced jalopeno pepper

Mix all ingredients together and serve alongside Spicy Peanut Stew. 19 calories per tablespoon.

Have a great night, everyone! TGIF!
Cheryl

Hi there everyone...i know a lot of you are gone for the holiday...so I'll keep this brief...I did L&G and enjoyed it...I ended up not doing SH back because my neighbors had a little impromptu get together...so I had a couple of cocktails instead of finishing my workout...oh well!! I spent MORE money today...bought some new rugs for the new house...and a buffet for the dining room...which I know sounds a little crazy, but I have never had anything to go with my dining room set...and instead of getting rid of the dining room set and getting another one with a full room, I thought I should just buy that...Don't you love my rationalizations?!? My other big news is that my DD decided to cut 3 inches off her hair...which is a REALLY big deal...she has always wanted to keep it long...more princess-like!

Cheryl...I love Cathe's cardio, too. I was just wondering if you were a runner or a biker. Thanks for the recipe...I am certainly not vegan (I like steak TOO much) but I eat vegetarian a few nights a week and my DD would be happy if she never ate meat again!

Nicole....Aren't you the smart shopper! My buffet was on sale for about $400 less than the original price...and then it was another 10% off...Not quite the same, but a bargain none the less! Yes, my DH is coming home in June...he will spend a couple of days with his stepmom, and then he will come to our new house ( which hasn't seen yet) and then we head out on vacation...and he actually leaves directly from vacation back to Russia. But we have a full week with him. I am thinking we will see each other again before the end of summer, but we have not made and definite plans yet. ARX is a great ab workout...but for some reason I just can't dig it out again!

Traci....I read you post to Sandra...and you said you were having only "good, clean loving" this weekend...Do you and DH have something special planned..LOL...I know you meant living, but I got a kick out of that! Have a fabulous time at the bay this weekend..."good loving" and all!

Sandra...Funny that your husband hasn't even noticed you're going vegan....isn't that typical?!? And no, I did not sleep well last night...DD has been asking to sleep with me lately...she's been a little needy. And she is a thrasher! But by the time she was keeping me up, it was too late to move her back to her bed. She is actually in my bed right now waiting for the tooth fairy to come...Another tooth gone this weekend! I am sending you strong healing vibes...and hoping that you guys don't have what DD and I have been fighting with! I am STILL coughing more than I would like...hence the reason I did no cardio today, again...I was moving rugs around and had a huge coughing fit that lasted for about 30 minutes! I love B&G stability ball abs....I think it is an effective and fun workout.

Wendy...Hope you are well and not working yourself into a frenzy!

Okay...I'm outta here!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Hey gang!!

It's pretty uneventful tonight at work....of which I'm NOT complaining!!!

Tonight I pulled out my elliptical trainer and did CC#6. It was awesome!!! It had been a long time since doing that. Way before P90X!

Anyway, here's the gist of my new eating plan. It's not based on caloric intake, although that is a component of it. Primarily it's based on your protein/fat needs. Basically, you take your body weight, divide it by 6, that's your protein requirement for each of your 6 meals throughout the day. Then take your body weight, muliply it by 0.4, that is your fat requirements for the day....divide that by 3. 1/3 should be consumed at olive oil, 1/3 consumed as flax oil and the other 1/3 is from your food. Now that you have your basic requirements, your daily meal structure is basically like this:

M1- Protein (1.5- 2 hrs prior to workout)
M2- Protein + Fruit (80-100 cal)
M3- Protein + Fruit (80-100 cal)
M4- Protein + Fruit (80-100 cal)
M5- Protein + Fat
M6- Protein + Fat

You have unlimited amounts of fibrous veggies everyday, to fill in your hunger spaces and you add 1/2 beans everyday to whichever meal you need it the most. That's the basic "recipe" for non-resistance training days. On your resistance training days, add your starchy carb (brown rice, oatmeal, etc) to your meal immediately post workout to replace your glycogen stores. Your starchy carbs should equal twice what your protein requirement is for that meal, i.e., Protein is 25g, then your carbs for that meal is 50g, in what ever volume you need to equal that. Granted, your meal choices should be as nutrient dense as possible and low fat, but all in all, it's not that bad. The biggest component that took me the longest to figure out is the amounts of certain foods I eat all the time to equal my protein requirement. I am used to weighing out a certain amount of chicken, usually 6 oz x 2 for my meal bowls at work. Well, now I have to weigh out 4.5 oz to equal my 30g of protein. It's just different than what I'm used to, so it takes a bit longer to work with, but I know that speed in food prep will come with familiarity.

I hope that I didn't bore you. If you have questions, I actually got this and have been working with someone on www.t-nation.com website. There is a TON of great information there!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.