Xers - Fanatics Bring It on Friday

teddy16410

Cathlete
Guess my client is a fanatic! Shes due here any time so just a quick Top of the Morn!:7 :7 :7 Back after she leaves or after my nap, after she leaves! Even 2AM is early for me! DH went to a fishing show last night so he didnt come home til 10:30PM... Thats when I could actually close my eyes for some reason... A very tired PT this morning!

:7 :7 :7 :7

Hi all,

It's raining this morning, so I'll decide this afternoon whether I'll run or do Amy's step and some yoga. I have a doctors appt at 12:45 and may just not go back to work. If it was anything like yesterday, I need a break.

Traci - I hope you charge extra for working with someone at 3am! I'd have to take a nap. I rethought your 3 day leg program. If you lifted really light for B&G, that is probably doable. I usually do the leg blast, and go heavier, so I forgot that one as produced, has so much floor work! That's surprising huh? It should give you very shapely toned legs. After the 1st week you might change the weight work to 4ds and B&G, then the next week GS and L&G, then 4ds and L&G, just a thought!

Debra - The first class I took in the doctoral program had a 45 minute presentation, yes 45 minutes! I almost dropped the class because at the time, presenting was almost like a phobia. I am very good at being able to avoid it. I stuck with it, and made it through, but boy was that painful. Then later, I took a class and they videotaped us. OMG, what an eye opener. I must have said Ummmm 500 times during the 30+ minutes. Although as I watch people speak, and realize that is very common, it taught me not to say Ummm and I am so conscious of it. I even wrote in my paper that I'd wished someone would have just raised their hand and said, "Quit saying Umm!"

I have to go do payroll and get going. Hi to all who follow,

Tracy

:7 Early training was AWESOME! There are just some of us that are stronger, have better balance & better form first thing off the bed!}( I "fear" she enjoyed it so much it shall become a staple! YOWZA!

I have gotten some computer work done & decided its back for a cat nap for me.... I'll catch up on yesterday a bit later...

Yesterday I got only my run in.... My CC2 disappeared from my ipod so I did CC3 on the hilly course so I was fried.... Today is leg & back X day so I think I'm going to do a combo of Plyo & weights.... I'll pop in the GS DVD (in full standing) & alternate those with Plyo Legs just to shock up the legs some... I will also do P&S Yoga as my stretch.... Tomorrow will be Kenpo+ as I received my DVDS}(

TRACY:::
I did scan yesterday and am so very sorry it was such a challenging day. It must be soooo difficult- I know you have to have both a thick skin + a caring heart to do that job.... I really dont know how you dont have a few more days like that. Many good thoughts for you today. ~~~ Thanks for the advice & thouts (both days) on my legs.... I think todays notes hit it on the head w/ what I was planning- I should have told ya that eh?;-) I think my greatest challenge still tends to be how to use my DVDs to create the same type of rotation that I do for clients & woukd do for myself if I were so inclined to go DVD-less. I just dont think I want to THINK so hard DURING the DVD w/o's to modify tempo, count, etc.... to what I'd do freestyle. I totally agree about future purchases too.... I will not waste anymore $$$ except on the instructors you mentioned. Lets be sure & hold each other accountable for that OK?;-) ~~ When I was in my 20's I was videotaped giving a group training (verbal not fitness)- Talk about UMMMMMMMMM being a crutch word! Best "humiliation" I ever went thru tho.... now I just insert ultra long pauses!:+

Great morning to all especially Debra who is collecting urine! :eek: :eek: Be back later today!!!!!!!!
Oh & SANDRA..... I so didnt realize your exiting XX was due to injury! I AM SO SORRY for my post to you!!!! I thought it (the injury) was an aside and you were lacking motivation! MY GAWD DEAR WOMAN of course you made the right decision!!!!! So So Sorry I mis-read!!!!!! :* Isnt that why we say NEVER substitute your own good judgement for anyone else's!?!? :*

Hi all! Hope everyone is having a great morning. I did NOT sleep as well as I had hoped last night. It took me forever to get to sleep...10 o'clock hit and I was wide awake!! What am I, a frickin' bat or something?? I didn't get to sleep until after midnight...and then I was up at 6:30...let me just say...not my norm. Although, as I was lying awake I had plenty of time to think about my presentation for Monday and came up with a few ideas....So at least there is that!

Traci...
You and the early morning client! What a dedicated professional you are!! Good luck with that...I don't think I would be that perky, if I were you.

Tracy...
We don't have to actually stand up if we don't want to for our presentation. But I am sure I will. I have the same 'um' problem. I say it my regular speech....and it just goes crazy if I am in front of a group! We are supposed to engage the class....so I have a few ideas to have more 'audience participation' so hopefully I won't have to talk as much. I hope you end up taking that half day off this afternoon...It sounds like you need it!

I will be back later to catch with the rest of you guys...I am sure there were some late night posters that I need to read. I have no idea what workout I am going to do today....Maybe some kickboxing. My calves are a little better...at least I am not hobbling around...well, not much!

Later Gators!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Good morning!

No time for a real post right now, but I'm popping in to say Howdy!!

Tracy....Have a much better day today than yesterday. Hopefully your boss feels as upset as you do about the disagreement.

Traci....Don't apologize for your words yesterday!! Unless you're sitting here with me, how do you know what I don't tell you? I haven't said boo about my elbow until just recently, 'cause I wasn't sure if it was serious enough to warrant discussion. But I think I said before that I'm happy with my upper body mass right now, and with my elbow giving my these warning signs, I think I'd only be continuing Phase 3 just because I started. I don't think it would help me in any way. So, why push the elbow through the last phase and risk long-term problems? Oh, but remember last spring when I did phase 3 by itself? So, I've technically done all 3 phases a second time, just not all at once :) What time did your client go to bed last night? She must be pinching herself that she found a PT willing to train her at 3am!!!!

Today I think I'll do the 4DS Cardio Combo (HIS/LIS cardios). Tomorrow might be Circuit Max. BBL for more chat. Have a great day everyone!

Sandra

Goodness, I finally got a hour of 'puter time last night and it took me a the whole time to read over the posts from this week by the time I was finished I had to go put kids to bed and never got back to post! You guys are sure supportive of one another! I'm enjoying the checkin more than any of the others I've tried I might not leave when I finished my 90 days;)

Today I'm going to do YogaX, I'm on Day 11/90, enjoying it so far. My calf seem to get a lot better after doing Plyo on Wed. I modified it occasionnaly like the hot foot on that foot I stopped when it started getting painful. When I was done it was incredibly painful and I thought I had made a mistake doing the workout, I headed outdoors for a hour walk to help ds10 deliver his papers. I thought I might not be able to go for the whole hour but I did and when I was finished the calf felt better than it has in a whole week:) I guess the walking afterwards really stretched it out. Not completely gone but almost. So Plyo caused and cured it. LOl

Christiane- I hope your injury isn't bothering you too much. It sounds like a long term type injury. When are you leaving for the USA? All that way for only 4days. That's so cool, that you're dd is a professional ballerina, that must have terribly hard having her move out at age 16. Did you and DH live close to her at that time? Who did she live with at that age?

Debra- I had to chuckle about your dd singing. Our kids got a Wii for Christmas and they got the High School Musical karoke which they're been using a lot. I have to say that my kids are terrible singers and DH is at the point he wants to take that game away as he doesn't want to listen to ds sing anymore. LOL I certainly understand about the diva's moods I have a diva as well. DS is so easy going but dd is just a mood little thing.
Hopefully everything with dd goes okay, the urine collectin will be such a pain today. I definitely know about people reacting to blood/ needles etc. We had a guy in the clinic today passing out, and throwing up because we took his post-op bandages off. One of the other therapists was dealing with him not me. I sure hope you're calf is feeling better today!

Tracy-BTW we lost the hockey game on Sunday. But not a big deal as we're used to that. At least the kids played a clean game, we have such a reputation (a well deserved) one of being a dirty/rough team and it can be so embarrassing at times. Of course my ds is the goalie so he's not involved in that dirty stuff;)

Glad to hear that hip is feeling better and that your were able to increase the wieghts on you SA. I increased my wts quite a bit on this workout yesterday but I'm sure I was just too low the first time. I'm sure that your arms look great! Why are people at work so unhappy?
Hope you have a better day at work and at the doctors' office. I think you deserve to go home after the doctor's and not back to work. I know that working with the disabled kids is super stressful.

Traci-X Sorry you had such a rough weekend. I can't believe that you're training someone so earlier. Does she work shift work? Do you charge extra?

Wendy I'm so glad that you have your niece with you. She's lucky to have a aunt that's looking out for her. I didn't realize that you homeschool too. You have three kids at home your hs? LOL about the dog, my dog would be in heaven if someone feed her all home cooked meals. That's great that you're so happy with your body right now. Not many of us can take a holiday and come back looking thinner and more fit.LOL Maybe it was the stress with your mom?

That's funny that you might be back to Thailand and so neat about the possiblity of a new baby. What does DH think? There has been lots of media coverage here about the Canadian shot over there by the police officer, very sad.

Sandra- Hope you are enjoying your recovery week! Sounds like you're going to be busy this spring with your thesis but it must be nice knowing that you are so close to done. What's the topic? Yes we have curling and boy do we have curling. LOL Winnipeg is curling obsessed city. I actually don't curl. I can't believe how many of my coworkers are glued to the tv when curling is on it seems so boring to watch. Have you heard of Jeff Stoughton, the curler? His wife is a physio that I work with so I hear a lot about the curling world.

Is dd feeling better today? Always so sad when kids are sick but the cuddling is nice. I'm glad that you're going to let your elbows heal. It does sound like tennis elbow although we don't seem to see this much in the clinic anymore and if it is a repetitive strain and it needs time to heal. You can buy those arm bands which sometimes help.

I understand about the no garage. I also scrap the ice off the car every morning before going to work. Yuck!

Lea- I LOL at you doiing CleanMax after I've been sick I always want to super clean/disinfect the house. Glad that the kids are enjoyiong the yoga. Just to let you know I have a hear murmur too, I go for the occasional ultrasound just to monitor it. It gives me no problems though Hope the ultrasounds goes well for you.

Laurie-That is scary about the tornado warning. It seems like weird weather to get a tornado warning and then snow. Aren't tornados associated with hot weather? That's neat that dd is doing Cathe, how old is she?

Jeanette- Is Tille ever cute! I had a look at your pics. You are one fit lady!!! I hope everything goes well with the new boss on Monday the new hours sound great. Hope everything is okay with your nephew.

TeddyGirl-I'm so glad that you are feeling better. Congrats on losing 3 lbs but not the best way to lose it.I'm sure you will have those arms looking great again in no time.

Swifty- hi! Sounds like you're studying hard.

Nicole- I'm glad that you're feeling better. Sounds like you were really sick!

Carol- I'm sure you're superbusy with the homeschooling, I can't even imagine doing that. I'm so impressed that you were able to do a double P90X day to catch up. I have to say that IMAX 2 is my absolute favourite workout of all time as well. It would be interesting to know how many times I've done that workout.

I've probably forgotten something but this is getting long and have to get kiddos up and to school and then head to the grocery store and the dentist. This afternoon is Yoga X, the vaccuum repair guy is coming, ds needs to get to a birthday party which I haven't got a present for yet. I'm sure looking forward to the weekend.

Just have to say that I'm so excited about the new dvds!! Who else is preordering tomorrow??? Kim

Good Morning Ladies,

Didn't get home till late. The lawyer was very helpful... as helpful as he could be considering he doesn't know Thai law. But, he does know immigration law. That's why I went to him. Basically, all we have to do is file an application with Immigration, do a homestudy, and file a petition with approved homestudy to adopt after the adoption is finalized with Immigration for a visa. The moment the child steps foot on American soil, he/she is automatically a citizen. Now, I have to coordinate America's requirements with Thai law.

After talking to the attorney, Phil told me to go ahead and book a flight. But, I'm still on the fence. I'm going to talk to my mom first. Right now, she's in bed snoring.

Personals off the top of my head:

Sandra: Can't you fall off a bike and fix that forearm of yours? It worked for Amy-XX!;) The X can be hostile to our bodies! You do what is best for you!!! Do what you have to do to keep yourself of the longterm IL!!!!!!!

Debra: Tracy gave you a great idea. You should videotape yourself before your presentation. For music, I videotaped my girls singing. After they watched it, their posture and singing improved more than any verbal or physical adjustments I could give! Maybe, just perhaps, your sleep cycle is all messed up from NAPS! just saying.;) Really, it's probably from the excitement of starting something new.

Traci: Are you getting paid more for having to work the night shift?!?! I don't know who this client is thinking she can have you work at 3 in the morning! You're a better person than me! Customer service and the client would be out the door the moment that idea was expressed!!!:p :7 Did she pump you up and motivate you to bring it on with little shut eye? Oh, hun! You're a little like me. I have a difficult time falling asleep at night without Phil home. Not to mention, you don't have your beloved Sandy keeping you company in the evenings either. How are you holding up?

Tracy: I hope the rain clears up for you this afternoon. What's a little water and mud?}( Don't listen to me! You don't need to twist an ankle or sprain yourself in the water and mud!!! I'm sorry you had such a terrible, horrible, no good day. I admire people like you with heaps of self control. So, you let it get to you once. That's my life times a million!}( ;) Stay home after your doctor's appointment and have a great afternoon!!!

Well ladies, I need to read yesterday's posts.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Oh! Look who snuck in on me while I was posting.

Kim! I used to say this all the time and, I still believe it... This is the BEST check-in ever!!!! :) :) :) I hope you stick around after you finish the X! If doing the X was a requirement to stay, I would have never finish Round 1!!! I would be taking month long recovery weeks.}( So, don't get any ideas!}(;) You have to keep on keeping on.:p Oh, I modified the hopping cross on one foot too. For some reason it hurt my left calf something terrible. So, I would take mini breaks as not to aggravate it. Oooo! You are a good mother to go walking outdoors in the COLD to help son deliver papers. Now, see. I would be on my treadmill instead!:p ;) Oh! If you would have seen what my holiday feast looked like, you'd known why I didn't pack on the pounds like I would have if I were home. I had to keep reminding myself that this is Thailand. sigh. Have fun with Yoga-X!!!!

Everyone: I keep asking Phil what he thinks about adopting a baby. He's mainly concerned with how much is this going to cost, and how long will this take. He doesn't want me going down a bunny trail and it breaking my heart. As for another child, he says, "You know I will fall in love with any child you bring home." I know he would because he's such a good man!!! That's one of the reasons why I love him so much!!!!

Hi to Everyone!!! I read yesterday's posts. I'll try to get back online later to post more personals.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!!!!
Wendy

Good morning,

Round 2, Lean Rotation, Phase 2, Week 2, Day 5 - Legs & Back

I subbed with Tracey Staehle's Glute Camp, and after each leg exercise, did my Bowflex lat pulldowns. I increased my weight for the lat pulldowns, now doing 65# on the rods and didn't have any shooting icy feelings in my forearms so that was good. I will probably finish up the abs from this workout tonite, or sub with something else.

Traci, why does your client want to come over so early? She must have quite a schedule, but I admire her determination to work out. Bet the drive over to your house is traffic free at that time in the morning. Good creativity on your Legs & Back today. That should shake it up. I haven't done it for a while, but I like CC#3. It's got those sprints, doesn't it?

Tracy, hope you can get the run in but good thing is, we all have lots of options. Tomorrow I will be doing a little of Amy's step (need to preview it tonite) and hi-lo and maybe some of Christi's CIA 9801. I love Saturday because I have much more time to do these workouts. However, if the Garage Boys are spinning in the morning, I may join them and forget the step or hi-lo.

Debra, sorry your sleep was not good last night. Bet if you stay awake all day today, you will sleep really well tonite. I missed my little nap when I came home from work due to the hair appointment. Had to do the dishes instead.

Sandra, good choice on the HIS/LIS combo today. That's a fun one. I wish they could have done it as a mish/mash, alternating one combo from each workout. Also, I wish she would have put the whole HIS together without the blasts in it. See, I hate repeaters and knee lifts around the world. I like my mind to be kept thinking. You are very wise to take care of the elbow. I know of a few others with elbow problems and they are very, very pesky. Any move using the weights stretched out in front of me makes my elbow hurt, especially if I roll my palm down.

Hi Kim, go glad you could check in with us. The X was the way we all got acquainted on here, but that definitely is beside the point with all these wonderful ladies. I had some kind of soreness to my legs last summer, can't even remember what it was, but I just walked a lot on my break at work and it finally went away. Funny, I can't even remember what it was or how I got it. Thanks for the compliment on Tillie and me being fit. Actually, I'm not so fit now. I've been a slacker but have some events (biking) that I want to get back in shape for. I also took up golf this summer so that took away some of my biking time.

Wendy, glad you got some clarification on the immigration laws. Are you looking for a baby baby or a young child if you do decide to adopt? Great idea for Debra on videotaping herself beforehand. I remember when I first got hired by the prison here, I rehearsed some final points about why they should hire me. It helped a lot and I got one of the best entry level jobs out here.

Time for my shower, BBL,

Jeanette

Back again..... tried w/o but too tired....tried sleeping but to caffeinated! LOL - Its gonna be one of those CRAZY kinda days I can tell!!! Good thing DH heading to bay w/ boys so I can sleep @ 3PM and get up @6pm and workout!}( Gosh I'm sounding like Wendy!:+

Lets start w/ yesterday.....

WENDY::::
I do hope you know I am so in awe of you and your wanting to bring another child into your life. I do think its people like YOU & Phil & all the kids who make up for people like me & my DH who chose to never reach out & adopt (or have naturally). It just wasnt in the cards for us this time around but both of us COULD have adopted @ some point in time.....funny- I think if I fdie with any regrets it will be that- not adopting an older child who came from a difficult family life. You & Phil are some of the good guys on this planet for sure! :* ~ Thanks for asking about Sandy... Its been a tough 7 days but I think I'm thru the worst of it- at least the long stretches of tears @ the most inopertune (sp?) times. Not only are the tears silly in public but then I go into my OUTLOUD talk... "STOP IT TRACI- THIS IS RIDICULOUS- GET IT TOGETHER!" Yes- I have given PLENTY of free freak shows for the community this week! ;-) So glad you are moving forwrad w/ attorney.... Seems that it is a "simple" process in Thai compared to ANYTHING on the American end... Do you think all our red tape is necessary or is it for the almighty buck that gets collected by drawing out all processes?

NICOLE::::
Oh BOY am I excited about STS! Just what the Dr ordered for my brain!!! I am ESTATIC! Cant wait to do my new Xplus as well.... I'm rollin' in new stuff! :+ Hope all is settling in your world and you are feeling harmonious & balanced once again.

DEBRA::::
I agree that your funky sleep patterns could be caused by all the changes & excitement of recent weeks.... I also tend to get sick quickly once my bad stressors leave the environment so just be careful w/ your workouts & such... Another week of only yoga might just be in order indeed! Smart girl. :* ~ As a professional trainer's trainer for 20 years I can tell you WAY TO GO on your thoughts on your presentation! Engaging audience thru questions and even just having a show of hands set the stage for lots of participation which makes YOU feel better and THEY get more learning out of it. Isnt adult attention span like 4 minutes or something? WHATEVER- You'll be AWESOME!!!!! ~~ Take care of those calves & EAT YOUR BANANAS! heheheheheeheh

SANDRA::::
Thanks for not making me feel like a schmuck! :* ~ I see you too are getting ready for STS Excitement! I am always (dont know why) amazed by the absolute mania of getting 20000 questions answered on boards about all the intricate details when the announcement clearly states that so many details arent decided until filming begins.... Am I just being a witch again? I am ONLY on day 2 of ttom;-) Just ignore me!}( I seem to use posts to YOU as my forum for Soapboxing...why is that? Do I feel like you will tell me in the kindest words to F-Off & get a life????? :eek: Thats it - I feel safe w/ you:D ROF about Squeeze! Heavens honey- if I only knew how to use all these damn :eek: DVDs on my shelf!!! My instructions: see Debra's instructions

LAURIE::::
LOVE LIFTING LAURIE!!!!! What on earth did they do w/ those T-shirts....I imagine it told them a little more about who you are??? Well that wouldnt work for me- all my T's are plain....wait a minute now....;-) LOL on solving other Departmental problems! Was anyone REALLY open to implementing other peoples ideas of how to do all of it? My experience says men are the WORST for taking another mans idea & doing it.... can ya tell I got a wee bit hardened in Corp. America??? ~ Write when you can- no worries!!!

TRACY::::
Thanks for previewing!!! Is Abs/Core plus worth breaking open before I have my Pull Up bar???? Not like I'll actually BE ABLE to do any of it without DH holding my arss up but........;-)

JEANETTE::::
I THOUGHT that was you I bumped in the hall at the wee hrs! WooHoo on age-eliminator!!!!:7 :7 WOW your hair grows fast in the winter!!! Mine grows like a weed in summer but its more like a lawn in the cold months... Fingers crossed for ya on the work hours!!!! You are invaluable so I'm sure its a done deal if you want it. ~ 40 milers - My Word I'll never get used to hearing that... You go girl!

Gotta post this before I lose it- Will BRB for todays!:7 ;-)

BACK FOR TODAYS CHAT ……

FYI on the Extra Charge for 3am Trainings! Rofl!!!!! NO!!! an hours an hour! Actually if I could charge more it would be for PM work!!! Ya’ll know I prefer to do all my activities before the sun goes down.

TEDDYGIRL…
WHERE ARE YOU?????????

TRACY…
Hoping your Friday is going by ZIPPITY quick! ;-) Blow off afternoon of school- you deserve a break!

KIM…
May I be the first (or not) to say….. NEVER woory about going back a full week for personals! MY WORD!!! We’ll lose you if you feel like you have to do that! Just read up on all the interesting tidbits in all our lives ;-) then jump right back in! You must have a cramp in your hand today!!!! ~~~ LEAVE after 90 days??? Didn’t you see the fine print…If ya finish X you NEVER get to leave!!!! Too funny & so true about exercises that “kill & heal!” You just keep modifying as you need to & the walking is a great stretch!!!! ~ Too funny about the guy passing out in clinic! Well I guess it’s funny if you aren’t one of the involved parties! ~ I have to comment on your support comment… The way I think of this group is that we all started off with one common goal- The X (that was 1 year ago November/December)… It QUICKLY turned into so much more. There have been MANY who have come & gone thru the group- I think its a lot like life with us… There are people who are in your life for a very specific reason & when that purpose is fulfilled then the relationship ends naturally- Then theres people who come into your life that will remain there for long periods of time thru forever…. Those are what the Xers have become to me. I don’t think I’d take time away from my life to go on a Roadtrip with hundreds of people… If I need to meet Cathe- I’ll go & meet her on my own- But to have the chance in April to meet even 1 of the Xers is an experience I would sell my DVD collection for. That about says it all for me. – We’re VERY happy you’re here w/ us for however long it feels right for you.

SWIFT AMY…
Hope you can pop in this weekend!!! PRETEND you’re studying and come visit!

WENDY…
Oh I do agree that Phil is a keeper…. Heck I’d worry about the $ & emotional investment too…. All will work out as it should.

DEBRA…
Careful w/ the calf & KBing…. After a Cathe KB my calves are always tight…I think its cuz she doesn’t stay GROUNDED! Ha!!!!

JEANETTE…
Don’t ya LUV Glute Camp??? I have that on tap for tomorrow… I think 4DS Legs & Calves + Glute Camp are my all time favorite lowers now…closely followed by so many others! LOL ~ SWEET on the Pulldown work & improvement! I for some reason decided I want a V- Shape in my back…. Never wanted it before – probably wont care again in a week! ;-) ~ This client is just awesome… She actually lives less than 2 miles so its an easy early for her too…. I’m having her train alternating weeks: Wk A) 3 days (splits 12-15 reps) + 3@ home Ellen Barrett Pilates/Yoga DVDs Wk B) 2 days full body heavy 8 reps + 1@ home Ellen Barrett Pilates/Yoga DVDs + 2 cardio Coach runs ---- We’re really seeing her BF drop now- plus her eating is pretty clean except for weekends- it works for her tho. ~~ YES- CC3 is full of sprints! YOWZA on the golf course! ~ I cant recall if I thanked you for sharing the cutest Candy Cane in CA w/ us!!! (I looked @ it during my sad week) Anyway Tillie is just the cutest!! I always wonder what our pets think when we put clothes on them… do they thank us or think WTH??? LOLOLOL
Hope you get your GB time in this weekend…That’ll put you back in the racing spirit for sure!

LEA…
Miss you- hope you are still healthy & the boys are all flexible now!!!!

SANDRA…
ENJOY your 4DS day!!! As if you wouldn’t! ;-)

CAROL…
Hope your Fridays rockin!

LAURIE…
~~~~~~~More waves~~~~~~

NICOLE…
More ~~~~~ waves ~~~~~ to you today

Huggers to all in X-Land!!!

x( I'm feeling like Debra! My post just posted waaaayyyyy up there --- So to quote our Hostess w/ the Mostest:

Look^^^^^^^:7

Hello all! Hope all is well with everyone today...I still have no idea what workout I am going to do today...I may end up doing yoga...It is my recovery week afterall...so I can do what I want...I may try to make myself do KB, though. Class was good again today. I think I will end up doing well....a lot of these kids seem kind of shy, so I am just talking up a storm which is what communications is all about, right? I am already better prepared for the presentation than most, so I am sure it will be fine.

I didn't mean for you guys to think that I am collecting urine today!! No...gotta order the kit from the urine company...so it will be a couple of weeks before we get to it. I am going out with CB tonight since DD is staying with my mom. I don't know what we are doing yet, since my transgendered friend always changing his mind at the last minute. And my sweet boy is working all weekend this weekend so that he can take off for my birthday next weekend. What a good guy! I am really looking forward to getting away for a couple of days.

Personals........

Sandra...
Thanks for popping on to say hello this morning! I wish I was feeling like a good cardio today, but not feeling the love! Hope you are having a good day..and hope DD is better!

Kim....
Nice to see you have such a long post this morning! Oh, yes, you must stay after your 90 days....The Xers don't end after that!! Glad the calf is feeling better! I think mine should be totally healed by tomorrow...at least that is what I am hoping. Have fun with yoga today. At least my DD sings mostly in her bedroom...so it isn't too loud downstairs. Sometimes in the car, though, she really gets going...LOL! Needles and stuff don't bother me, but I guess DD has just had too much blood taken in her young life and she has developed a sort of phobia. Poor thing! Sounds like you have a busy day planned with all of your running around.

Wendy...
Hi there!! I guess I could have DD film me....but I am planning on making the class do most of the talking....it's supposed to be 'interactive'! I know, I shouldn't take the naps...but I was so tired I couldn't keep my eyes open. I could barely keep my eyes open at 8 o'clock, but by 10...Wide awake!! What a great DH you have in Phil. It is wonderful how supportive he is!!

Jeanette...
Sounds like you had a nice workout today! I wouldn't be worried about sleeping tonight if I wasn't seeing CB, but I don't sleep as well with him yet. Glad you are feeling fresh and perky with your new 'do! Wow...your hair grows fast!! What kind of pooches are you looking at for your parents? I have a problem with rolling and deep veins too...sometimes they stick me a few times before they get one. Ugh. Let's see...weekend plans...CB tonight and tomorrow DD and I have a neighborhood thing to go to in the early evening. No other big plans, though. Maybe a trip to the farmer's market. DD is actually pretty bold as long as I am there to make an introduction...after that she can talk to a tree....LOL!

Traci...
Sorry, about YOUR sleep! I hate trying to take a nap and not being able to! So, do you follow the boys out to the bay tomorrow? I am not going to be able to start my lean rotation until after I get back from my birthday trip. I will just kind of wing it for a week and a half. Thanks for the vote of confidence for the presentation. We actually get graded on whether we have audience participation or not..interpersonal communications and all! I should eat bananas...but I actually do take potassium pills. I think I must have just strained my calf a little bit. Wait, a second...do I note some sort of sexual connotation with the banana reference??? I think I just got that, you silly woman! I am obviously a bit slow today! I know it has been a tough haul for you and Wendell with the loss of Sandy...and you have permission to cry in public anytime you need too!! I am glad you guys are starting to see your way through, though. Keep talking to yourself...at least you know someone is listening! About the KB...I still have Strike Zone that I haven't done yet....but I may end up with yoga anyway. I tried the step and hi/lo the other day...and it really aggravated it more.

Okay...gotta go for now! Hope everyone else is doing well today! I will bbl to check on you guys!

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Hi there gang. A little late posting today. I got my chest and back workout done, but had to do BodyMax 2 abs today. I just could not hang with doing ARX AGAIN!!!! But it did feel good.

Today is another busy day. I am so pooped from this week. I guess I have to get use to all of the running around. Thank you for all the concerns about the heart murmur. It is nothing major. I just need to check to see if I need to take antibiotics before dental work, that's all. I guess I just loooooove drama sometimes;-) .

Who here is purchasing the STS system when it comes out? I all ready know that Miss Traci is. Did you pre-order that thing all ready Traci?

Ok, time to go to work. I hope that all of you wonderful gals have a happy Friday.

Lea

Good morning again!

I decided to do Circuit Max today instead of tomorrow. I'm not sure why, except that I wanted to do more than only cardio. Tomorrow I may do the Cardio Kicks/Leaner Legs circuit I made up a few years ago. I don't know. Maybe I'll do High Step Challenge cardio/lower body premix.

It occurred to me that a good lean rotation might be:
Day 1....circuit upper body weights/cardio
Day 2....circuit lower body weights/cardio
Day 3....cardio
Day 4....yoga, rest, or start with Day 1 again.

Kim....It's great to hear from you! I'm so glad your calf is feeling better. Looks like you just had to show it who's boss LOL! We have that High School Musical Wii Sing It, too. DD's having a ball with it. Maybe I'll actually watch the movie some time, and learn to sing along with her. I'm super-queasy about physical injuries. I had some moles shaved off by my dr 10 years ago, and couldn't look under the band aids while they were healing because I would almost pass out. My thesis topic is Public Sector Unions and Government Workplace Restructuring. It was a highly relevant topic when I started it :) Nobody's going to show you the door on Day 90. Quite the contrary. This list is like the Hotel California: You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave! :)

Speaking of people trying to escape, where are Teddygirl and Christiane? If you're lurking, but don't have time to type, just give us a wave and a smile. Smile and wave, ladies, smile and wave....

Tracy....Is this dr appt a follow up from your mammogram a couple weeks ago? How did that go? Do you have the all-is-good? I agree with you about using Cathe's dvds and remaining injury free. I had few complaints from my joints until I started the X last year. If I get smarter about how I use Cathe's workouts, I'm sure I could see just as good a result from them. In her STS description, she alluded to pull ups. Yay!!

Traci....I'm so surprised at how much running you're suddenly doing. What's up with that? Are you looking to change the shape of your legs? I look forward to seeing what sorts of workouts Cathe makes for MP3 players. I wonder if they'll be the kind of thing you use at a gym, or if they'll have any value for the home user, too. You must still be napping. Sweet dreams!!

Debra....School Day 2! That's unfortunate that you didn't get a good sleep. That's so aggravating, isn't it? Did you see Kim's post? Did you?? See, I wasn't making up all that curling stuff! If you ever come visit me, I'll take you to a curling arena. Yes, we have whole arenas built just for curling. Thank you for your thoughts on the Squeeze workout. What I'm specifically trying to understand is how this workout is intended to change my body shape. Or is it? While I have no doubt it feels very challenging, and I'll probably struggle even with 2lb dbs, I just don't understand what I should expect to see happen to my muscles by doing it? I really liked that she had a section that just focuses on the "waist." That would probably benefit me very well. However, I've already got great muscle tone (IMO) in my upper body from lifting heavy. Will Squeeze help me to maintain that, without the strain of heavy weights on the tendons and joints? Her approach reminds me of Joyce Vedral. Do you know of her? I used to have a couple of her books yeeears ago. About DD's kidneys & calcium: one of the things I read numerous times in my vegan books is that digesting meat causes the kidneys to secrete more calcium than in non-meat eaters. I can't speak to the medical veracity of that, but it seems to be a truism amongst vegans. I'm wondering if a lower animal-protein diet would be beneficial to your dd, to prevent more stones? My DD is right as rain, thank you for asking. She's just got the sniffles.

Wendy....What is a homestudy? Does someone evaluate your household to determine if it's a good environment for the child? From your post, it sounds like you've definitely made up your mind to go through with this adoption. How exciting is that!! A new family member! Woohoo!! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I love that Phil!

Jeanette....You're really pulling the weight on that Bowflex! Wow! Do you use the Bowflex for more than back work? I seem to recall from the commercials that are broadcast ad nauseum during the Tour de France that these things can do anything and everything. Do you have the squat rack that Cathe will be using in the STS? I agree with you on wanting to see more mish moshing of the 4DS cardio. But that workout blender should help with that, if they ever get it up and running. I'm also thinking I should try and see if I can load Cathe's dvds into iTunes, or at least onto my computer, and burn mish moshes onto dvds to play in the basement. I have no intention of repurchasing any of Cathe's workouts, except for maybe CM and CK, which I have on VHS.

Laurie....So, what do you think about the STS update? Are you preordering tomorrow? I think it's funny that you're such a Nascar fan, yet you never talk about it with us. Are you on a Nascar forum? I'll bet you don't mention the X there, do you? I think when I receive my P90X+ workouts, the KenpoX+ and the core workouts will be the ones I try first. Did you get any documentation with the workouts, such as worksheets or rotations?

Nicole, Carol, Teddygirl, Christiane, Lea, Swift Amy, anyone else I've forgotten: Have a great day!

Sandra

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 2/Week 2/Day 5
Workout: KenpoX is on schedule for today, just might change it to Kenpo Cardio. }(

I forgot to give my workout information for yesterday. I did Trainers Edge Long and Lean. I was going to work with Eion, but was to lazy to get the DVD from upstairs. :7

Yesterday my DD's took over my workout room. :7 :7 :7 Youngest was running on the treadmill, and the oldest was doing yoga. :D I pointed out the workouts she could incorporate into a workout routine that her coach gave in his meeting. I think that I will set up a weekly workout routine for her based on his recommendations. I will be looking at the runners world workouts for working up to a 5k or 10k. They have interval runs etc, that I can incorporate with weight work. One question I have is he wants them to do one day upper body and one day lower body. Do you all think that she could use PUB for upper? I was thinking any of Cathe leg workouts would be good for this also? The other though was she could do the premixes in MM. Give me ideas ladies. :D I'm also going to have her download some CC's into her I-pod. I think she will like those.

I just got out of a budget meeting with my boss, finance and our plant manager. I just got a huge ego boost from the plant manager, and finance. They complimented me on how I kept my bosses budget on track. They will be using my worksheet as a model for other departments. :D

Traci, You are an early bird this morning and full of energy. If your client would happen to want to workout that early in the morning, how many days a week would that be? You are right the boss held up the t-shirts and we had to guess who's shirt it was. If you had the most you could get a gift card. I only guess 2 right. :D And one of them happened to be the guy I work with everyday. :D

Tracy, I'm all for not heading into work after the dr. appointment. After what you went through yesterday, you can call that as a mental health day. At least that is what people call them around here. :) I to am sticking to certain instructors. I'm including Kimberly Spreen in my list, because I like her KB style.

Debra, Good luck with your presentation today. I know you will do a great job. The L words you came up with where really great. There is only one other girl in our department (and happens to be named Laurie also), and she could have used your help with hers. She asked me yesterday if I would like to work out with her at the fitness center. Maybe I could use the elliptical that is up there. So will be checking into it.

Sandra, You are right to take care of your elbows. Maybe I should stick to my bands for back exercises in the X. :D I have not done one pull-up yet. But I so want to get something to do pull-ups. Maybe I have to start thinking outside of the box in what I can put up in my basement. Maybe I need DH to start really thinking about this with the mechanical mind that he has. :D

Kim, Our weather went from high 50's to low 40's during that storm, so that is why we had the tornados. While in the 50's, just to the north of us they where having snow and in the low 30's. My oldest DD is 14 soon to be 15. Both my DD's where born in March, and are 4 years apart. Not something that was planned on our part at all. :D And we of course are a great bunch of ladies, and yes you need to stick around after the X. You never know when you might want to start another round. :D Don't worry about catching up on us, if you have a question just ask. We all love talking about ourselves. :D

Wendy, I hope that everything comes together for you with the adoption. Both you and Phil have so much love to give children, that I will pray also for this to happen for you too. If I had been drinking coffee when I read your post yesterday I would have spit at the monitor. :D

Jeanette, I have heard some good things about Tracey's Glute Camp. How do you like it? Not that I probably would be getting that one. :D I think I have enough butt torture workouts already. :7 :7 I didn't flex my bicep, but my DD asked me to flex for her last night. Apparently there is a young man that thinks having a Mom that works out to be funny. My DD said that my Moms bicep is bigger than yours. :7 :7 So last night she wanted to make sure she wasn't telling a lie. After I flexed she said, "your bicep is way bigger than Lukes. :7 :7

Lea, I have a heart murmur also. Mine of course has it's own name. Mitro valve prolapse. I have had some symptoms from it like rapid heart beat, and irregular beat. But doctors says this is a okay. Glad the physical went well.

Nicole, I am also excieted about the STS. Wonder how long it will take to film this series? Should I start asking Cathe on the Ask Cathe forum about this. Of course I won't, I'm willing to wait. ;-)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Sandra, Guess we where typing at the same time. Yes there is a booklet in the new DVD's. There is actually 4 rotations listed. Lean, Classic, Doubles and a Maintenance. I would have missed the maintenance if I hadn't read on one of the blogs that they where including this in. You can only be on the Maintenance program for 8 weeks before you would probably lose muscle strength. I found this interesting. Nope I'm not on a Nascar forum. It is just something that both DH and I enjoy watching together. And of course our oldest is getting into it too. :D I think that she finds that boys are impressed that she knows who the drivers are. :D :D :D

Laurie

Yesterday: Core Synergistics
Today: Yoga

Girls, I feel like I'm falling apart at the seams. I've either turned into a hypochondriac, a whiner or a klutz:p My knee has lost all mobility and it's a good thing it's a yoga day because I can hardly put pressure on it right now. DH rubbed Mineral Ice on it last night which did nothing so I'll have to try real ice after yoga. I'm hoping the yoga will loosen it up a bit.

Traci-X, I'm glad you have a client that is so motivated. When I was working out last year before I took the boys to school it was great! I felt like I had so much more time. I may try that again but not until spring. It's just too hard to get up when it's still dark and workout in a cold house. Yeah!! Have you been able to preview the new DVD's? What do you think? I got my chin up bar yesterday and tried one, hah! I do not know how anyone does a full one. Of course, DH had to come bust ten out to show me up:D I will try some with a chair today. I know, I know, the new STS is so exciting! I have never pre-ordered the first day but I will this time. I want to get mine first:) Thanks for the harmonious wishes:* I'm trying but my body disagrees, darn it:p

Tracy, Sounds like you need a deserved long weekend. I hope you were able to take the rest of the day off and leave the problems to someone else. I guess that's the downside to dealing with special needs children, their parents. It's amazing that they don't see that they are the problem. I was watching a guy on 60 Minutes the other day who was born with no legs and his parents didn't treat him any different than their other children. He lives by himself, has a girlfriend and travels the world without help. I wish more parents would stop enabling their children to be so needy and helpless. I guess then there would be rest for the weary but I guess people like that think you don't need any;)

Debra, Sounds like someone is excited and antsy about their new class:p How is it going? It sounds like you're fitting right in just as I figured you would. Do you think you'll be a career college student now?;) Sorry you didn't sleep, I know that's a big deal for you. Give it a few weeks and you'll be ok. Of course, then there will be another assignment}( Isn't CB such a sweetie! I've been gone for so long I didn't hear what you all ended up deciding to do for your big day. Where are you going? Are you just so excited?

Sandra, I'm glad you are to a point in your fitness maturity that you know when to say when. I'm sorry your elbow is bugging you again. I know you'll find a way around it because you always do Sergent;) It looks like cardio is the workout of choice lately. Will you stick with that for a bit until your elbow calms down? How are the girls? Have you taken them to anymore craft classes lately? Did you volunteer to help with Pump & Jump class? Sorry for the excessive questions but I've been MIA lately:p

Kim, I'm glad you found the key to making your calf pain tolerable. Stretching is a big key to pain management. I think when you do a program this tough you have to expect that there will be some pain involved. As long as you stay on top of it, don't push it too hard, modify and stretch you'll be fine. It took me a while to figure that out but I may be getting it:p I am so impressed with your ability to keep up with personals. You are even doing better than me lately. This is a fantastic group of women and they all are so supportive that it's hard not to talk at length everyday. I'll be right there with you doing YogaX today. I do love that one even though it's a toughie:) I am pre-ordering tomorrow for sure! I am so excited!!

Wendy, Girl, you are crazy;) Now it will have to be 7swans4me:) If you have a ton of love to spread, I say go for it! I know you have been praying hard and listening to God's voice on this decision. Phil being behind you is a big plus! What do the kids think? I come from 7 kids and we are all very close and never felt left out or unloved. The more the merrier I say:D I remember when my mom had to get a hysterectomy, we were all so sad. We wanted her to have more babies and we told her she needed to adopt a baby. I think when there are that many kids you don't realize that more would be tough for a mom to handle. I know you can do it though. You know I'm mad at you for being so tiny as of late. That will not fly come April! My size 10 butt will look gi-normous compared to your child size one:p Go get a DD coffee with cream please;)

Jeanette, How's it been going with you? How is DGM doing? I'm sure she's back to her feisty little self:) Did you get her to the dentist? What a drive! Aren't you a sweet GD. How bout the little dog, did you find one? That would be so nice for her. Have you been out riding in the sunny weather? We are supposed to be in the mid 70's this weekend. DH is so glad he'll be able to get out and ride. He ahs not been motivated to get on the trainer so he's got a little pudge in the middle. Of course he wears a size 30 pant so a little pudge is never noticed. He tells me he just has to think about eating better and he loses wieght}( gag! I am so glad my week got mixed up because of being sick. I'd be hard pressed to do L&B today. My knee is so bad:(

Laurie, Have you been frozen out yet? Do not read my post to Jeanette because I don't want you to know what the weather is like here. My cousin that lives by you reads my blog and sees the temps here and tells me to stop posting such depressing news:) How are the girls? Is track over now? This month is basketball for #1 and I have to drive so far to go to the games. The Wisconsin Synod schools are so spread out so I have to drive upwards of an hour and a half to get to some games:( DH tells me to quit whining but the games end in the middle of rush hour traffic}( To think DH wants me to sign them up for other sports as well:p Yes, the STS series looks so cool! I can't believe we'll get 37 DVD's for $200! Sounds like a deal to me.

Swifty, It's almost your big day! Any plans? Just more studying? You need to rest for a day. Isn't it great to have a birthday on a Sunday? Both you and Debra luck out this year:)

Lea, I'm glad you found out about the heart murmur. I'm sure it's ok but it will give you peace of mind to know for sure. I am pre-ordering the new STS for sure! I want to brag that I got mine first;) Forget it, all of the east coasters will get it before us:(

Christiane, Glad to have you along with all of us crazy girls:) How fun it must be to live in another country for a bit. My friend is a flight attendant and lives in Slovakia most of the time. She always has interesting stories to tell. I'm sure it's draining sometimes but it's different and that has to be a nice change. When are you coming to the States next? Do your kids miss you? Nice to meet you and I hope I get to know you better as time goes on.

Carol, Glad you are still plugging away at the X! I see you are adding Doubles now. Glad you are feeling better now and can really bring it! I've been checking your blog intermittently as I am a blogger and love to read. I haven't had as much time lately but I try to sneak a peek here and there:)

Ok, I have to workout now. I am so glad I got in here for a good chat. Can't wait to see you later,

Nicole

Bring it!!!
070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Cou-cou ladies,
Sorry for not posting yesterday. I had a full day of scrapbooking with another expat. from MI and we just had a ball. I'm doing an album for my in-laws that came to visit us last spring for 2 weeks. Just got me fired up. Then later when she left I did Yoga X. I had a very good workout and it helped my neck. It's getting more mobile. I will be attempting CST Saturday. However I will start the 1st time with weights slightly lower than I normally use and do the push-ups from my knees. I promise that if I have any sign of pain in my neck I will stop RIGHT THERE AND NOW and not complete the workout...;) I've also decided to restart Phase 2. I was beginning my second week when the injury occured, but since I will be very careful and probably not go all the way out, I've decided to give it the full 3 consecutive weeks.
To day I went for an hour jog/walk as the weather here in Lux was decent. It even got sunny during my w/o. I did not take Coach Sean with me but w/o on a techno mix that DD did for us. WOW was the music good. I was soooo pleased... I am NOT BY ANY STERTCH OF THE IMAGINATION A RUNNER and I jogged the first 30 minutes. This may sound like nothing to most of you but as I said I am NOT a runner. I usually power walk. It felt so good. My shins though are a little tender tonight.
I'll do a few personals and I promise I'll be back tomorrow for more. I'll evevn start us up:p

TracyX~~ I can't even imagine training at 3AM. When DS was playing hockey, one of the mom was training around 5AM and I thought it was crazy. Even when I wake up early (and early for me is 6:30AM) I have to wait an hour-1-1/2 hour before my body is warm enough to function. I might be able to get cardio in right up the bat, but no weight lifting. It takes that long for a 52 year old back to loosen-up...lol :)

Kim~~ I am leaving Sunday for the US so ladies I will not have time for posting. We want to get our workout early before leaving so we don't have to do it when we get home late at night (after 12 hours of flying). As for DD, she was 5 hours away when she moved to study ballet. She lived with a host family which brought a whole set of issues. Can't tell you how many times I dropped everything to go see my baby because she was miserable. But she is a wonderful independent and responsible lady today and has no regrets.

Jeanette~~ I also use the Bowflex here in Lux for the back exercises. We have no door frames and can't get a pull-up bar installed. However we have one in MI and I alternate between the Bowflex pull-downs and bar pull-ups (assisted with a chair)

Sandra~~ cou-cou I'me here...:+

To all the other X-ers friends HUGS and KISSES...;) :) ;)

Sandra....I guess I feel that Squeeze can probably bring some definition to the body parts that I listed as being worked well...Does that make sense? Obviously you are not going to gain muscle mass...I take it as more of a leaning out workout...I feel like I have gained some shoulder definition from it....it also gives me a good leg/glute burn without using weights (since everyone knows I hate leg work!).....So it helps me get in a second leg workout some weeks. Don't get me wrong...this is not a workout to use every day...and maybe not even every week. I probably use it every other week or so...usually in place of yoga. So, I guess to answer your actual question, I think it will help you maintain muscle definition...and maybe even gain some. As far as DD and meat...she is actually not a huge meat eater anyway. Protein in general is a bear to get in her. I do remember when we first started going through this kidney drill that her nephrologist asked me to give him an average week's menu for her...he was worried about her meat intake. DD eats lots of carbs and fruit, though, for the most part....with a few veggies and chicken thrown in....although, she really likes ribs, if you can believe that!!

Okay...back later to catch up with the rest of personals...this is DD's early day from school....so I actually have to go pick her up in just a bit.
Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.