Xers Fabulous Friday.....................

Good Morning Tracy & all who follow.... FLYING thru today.... Have an early client & gotta workout but will return later. Missed you all yesterday:)

Wow!! There seem to be a lot of witches flying through this morning!!! Hope all is well with everyone! I am off to school after I take the diva. I have a few errands to run this afternoon before I take DD to my mom's for the night. CBL and I are planning on going out to dinner...so I am looking forward to that.

Have NO idea what workout I am doing today. I am actually officially done with my lean rotation....so I think I am going to to PUB/LB over the weekend and start on my modified Cathe Feb. rotation next week. I probably need to write out my plan, hunh?

Caught up with most everyone last night...except for dear Jeanette, who is always the last to post! Back later to catch up with her and today's doings.

Happy Friday to all!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Oh, I hope it's going to be a fabulous Friday. Why wouldn't it be?

Tracy....Good morning. Sure, if Phil (?) can stir up trouble, then chili can count as soup. Do you eat it with a spoon or a fork?

Jeanette....The KPC pikes are definitely friendlier than the PUB ones, aren't they? Er, you're doing a leg rotation; why are your arms looking better? :) My thoughts on the athlete/cardio question you posed yeseterday are that endurance athletes are not trying to lose weight. They're usually young when they enter their field, and thin enough to begin with. I don't believe that too much cardio will make you fat, so much as too much cardio can impede fat loss. So, if you aren't heavy to begin with, all that cardio, fueled by a proper diet, and combined with youthful muscle growth and metabolism, is not a problem. I also believe that athletes who are in the top tier of their sport probably do long term damage to their bodies, with their intense and frequent training sessions. Professional athletes "use up" their bodies for the sake of their sport. They aren't simply trying to keep themselves healthy for the long haul, but trying to get the most out of their physiques in the short term, for the next competition. Drs. Oz and Mehmet, in their first "You" book, state this very clearly: after a certain level, exercise damages rather than enhances. If you're looking for long term health and thinness, you want to keep the exercise quite moderate (but include both cardio and strength training), and eat very healthy. I have no doubt that *you* could drop pounds if you stopped exercising altogether and simply followed WW to the letter. Your cycling fitness would plummet, but you'd be skinnier! So, what do you want more: fitness, or thinness? That's my take on the whole scenario.

Wendy....Your George quote yesterday really cracked me up!! Tony was on the Colbert the other night? Cool. I tape Jon and Steve throughout the week, and watch them on the weekends. So, Crazy Asian is doing better? Thank heavens.

Teddygirl....Did you get 4DS last night? Did you preview?

Laurie....Is that you holding DD? She's adoooorable. I'm presuming it is, because most 2 year olds won't cuddle up to someone else like that. You both look so sweet together. Do you miss the days when you could hold your kids like that? Those dresses are really something. I can't believe you hand sew them every year. That's amazing. If that is you, you look very different than your Xmas photo. The XXX has agreed with you!! Round 4 is like having another baby? LOL!! Yes, give it some time for the hormones to calm down, get some regular sleep again, then reconsider.

Debra....All this fatigue simply from too much diuretic medicine? Oh. Okay. I sincerely hope it's as simple as that. I hope you don't start getting more kidney stones though!! The Good Fairies didn't come because they're apparently on vacation. Jeanette and I are still waiting, too. If I were your doctor, I'd prescribe you to wear a helmut and elbow/knee pads at all times. Maybe you lose your balance easily because you're blood pressure is too low and get dizzy easily? My parents have picked up germs from us before, yet they insist on coming back. But we keep trying....;)

Nicole....What's 4 days in the length of a life time? Don't worry about it. You'll be back in the swing of things soon, and this will be just a terrible memory.

Like Jeanette, I'm waiting for Traci to come back and play. I hope she had a nice day off yesterday. This morning I'm going to do 4DS Bootcamp. I'm actually dreading the bicep work; it's tough! But what the hey....it'll do me lots of good.

Have a great day!
Sandra

Morning Gang,:)

TGIF:eek: :) :) :) :) :p :p

First thing I did when I got to work this morning was ordered STS:D Next, I’m going to order P90X plus probably 2 weeks into 4DS rotation:D

This morning, I did Low Max barely got through it, feeling lazy. I just wanted to stay in me warm bed and cuddle with Teddy. But my thought was this, since I am working the Election Polls next Tuesday I will be taken 2 rest days Tuesday and if needed Wednesday all depend how Tuesday goes :D

Sandra: I did get them yesterday, and I preview 4DS KB I like it mainly the leg work.

Well back to work 4 report scheduled for today, chat later.

Thank Goodness it's Friday. It's being a crazy week but this weekend looks quieter today is errands, groceries, dog to groomer's, kid's dentist appt and then we told kids that if their report cards were good today that we would take them out for supper. This weekend is swimming lessons, hockey playoffs, birthday party, long run with friends and a funeral (friend's dad) okay so maybe not so guiet.

I finished recovery week number 2 and today start Phase 3. Dh just skipped the recovery so he's ahead of me now ;) he's still using the workouts but making up his own schedule because he knows so much about fitness being an accountant and all ;-) (yeah, Traci we definitely need some different smilies can you get on that when you phone Chris and Cathe?)

I did get to the dentist and I'm scheduled to go back for a crown but she decided a root canal wasn't needed, thank goodness. She said that the bad sinus infection/cold that I just had weaken the nerve to that tooth (the nerve runs through the sinus) She could tell by my xray that I had recent sinus infection. Very weird!

Personals::

Traci- Hope you enjoyed your day off!! Wow that dog groomer you use is expensive. I think I pay $36. The lady that Bandit visits just works out of her home. I'm going to bring a sweater for Bandit to wear after her cut, it's still cold here -20s so going from a panda bear look to a cocker spaniel look she will be cold. She'll need lots of treats in the car on the way home ;-)

Tracy- Glad that you're feeling better. That's great that ds is seeing results, do you think guys get results easier than women>

Jeanette- WTG on the great performance appraisal!! I'm sure it was well deserved, are you getting out for your lunchtime walks? I'm glad that ordered sts maybe we can all do a rotation together.

Debra- Daffodils in your yard! I'm so jealous, I love spring time. Well hopefully the doctor was right about your medication, how long before you see an effect from cutting back??

TeddyGirl How do you like 4ds? Have you dove into the Girl Scout cookies yet?

Christiane How did dd's audition go?

Nicole- ;( Oh no on still being sick. DO NOT worry about missed workouts, you just need to concentrate on feeling better right now! That's so nice of your IL's to help out with ds's birthday. Is he having a birthday party>

Laurie- I love that dress! Did you really sew it all yourself? What kind of event is that you wear it too? The running outside during winter definitely tires you out doesn't it!

Lea- Are you worried about being underweight? I bet you're very healthy and fit! It sounds like you eat so healthy! We really could improve a lot of how we eat.

Sandra- Are you enjoying your visit with your parents? Is dd still sick? My sister just returned from a vacation to Edmonton yesterday. Her and her DH just decided to fly out with their boys (ages 1 &4) for 4 days just for a getaway. They stayed at the mall and went to the waterpark and rides. Sounds like they enjoyed it but they got home yesterday and found out one of her best friend's son had died (age ?9) He had autism was in the tub, had a seizure and died. My sister felt bad because she hadn't told her friend that they were going on holidays she got home and had tons of messages from her friend. What an awful thing to happen.

Kim

Kim: You do have a busy weekend x( So far the only one I previewed was 4DS KB I like it; short and sweet, I’ll be preview the others over the weekend.

Forgot too mention, unopen cookies are in a safe places. I left the box I opened on our kitchen table for the others to eat, smart aint I.:7

My son's ex-girlfriend, the babysitter, stood us up last night. If she thinks I'm going to encourage ds to hook back up with her, she's sorely mistaken!:p It was probably a good thing that we didn't do yoga last night. After Phil got out of the shower, his entire body was bright [font color= red]red[/font]!!! I've never seen a sunburn victim as red as he was!!! The only thing different was the conditioner I bought home from Thailand. No telling what chemicals they use in Suave! He took some antihistamines and was better in no time.

I didn't do yoga with Eoin or Rodney. Ds called. He said, "Mom, remember how you wanted each of children to pick a continent to live, so you could come to visit. Well, I'm going to Germany!!!":eek: Since when do my children listen to me!!!:p;) He's shocked and excited. He was just happy the army didn't ship him to Alaska.:7 He wants me to try and visit him there. Here we go again... Although, I hear Germany is more modern than Thailand.:) Oooo! I also asked him if he told his ex-girlfriend this before she stood me up! I thought that might be the reason why she didn't show up. He didn't tell her at the time. But, he did call her after we finished talking. Now, ex-girlfriend should harbor no delusions of a reconnection. :p}(

Did I tell you that instead of coming here to post personals, I watched the NYPO's North Korea performance on PBS. Of course, dh fell asleep during it. At least, he tried.

Enough about my boring life. Onto Personals!!!!:) :) :) :) :)

Kim: Why did your dh skip the recovery week? Is he doing classic? I loved and needed the recovery week! LOLOLOL on his fitness expertise! You're cracking me up!!! I've never had a root canal. I'd be happy to avoid one of those too! Enjoy your weekend!!! I wish I could bribe my girls with good report cards.:p :+ ;)

Teddygirl: I must get the girls to record a praise song for Cathe that played for each order placed! :7 I still have some time to pre-order before the prices increase.

Sandra: 4 dvds of vacation pictures!!! Have you kicked them out of your house yet?:p :+ I think all of my pictures could fit onto one dvd. And, I thought I took a lot of pictures. Are you sure your mother isn't a Crazy Asian in disguise?:+ Interesting thoughts you wrote to Jeanette. I totally agree. I got skinny and lost strength while away. Now, I'm up three pounds and haven't gained back nearly as much strength. :-( You need to email Debra your phone number, so we can have a conference call during the retreat.

Debra: I finally checked out the CBL pictures on your picturetrail!!!! He is a CUTIE!!!!

Tracy: Is your dh's name Phil too?

Gotta heat up my coffee and continue personals in another post.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Jeanette: You and your dh have such a sweet life. I hope Phil and I will still love spending time with each other when the kids are grown and out of the house. CA is doing much better. I talked with her yesterday. She sounds so much better! It was the opportunity to give her a lecture about calling me the next time she's in the hospital. In retrospect, I bet I would have flown down there the moment I heard she was in the ICU. So, I guess my mom knows best.

Sandra: You tape John and Colbert for weekend viewing? I wanna come to your house for the weekend! Of course...after your parents leave.:+ Yes, I was soooo enamored when I saw my Tony. You're right, he is the Former White House Press Secretary. He never did get around to saying what he's up to these days. Maybe he did, but I was too fixated on his looks to notice.}( And, Steven kept butting in on my man while he was moving his lips.x( Did you know I have a t-shirt that says, "Keep talking, I like watching your lips move." I'm going to wear it if I ever get to meet Tony. LOLOLOL Oh, you liked the George soup quote. The other Tony in my life reminded me of it. On No Reservations, Anthony Bourdain quoted it when he was in Sicily fishing for calamari when the sea started to get restless. Oh! I was wrong. It's 5 dvds of pictures. I wish I could help you. But, you're on your own! Ha-Ha!!! Yes, I was able to do some of the 4DS. I can't wait to sub the Kenpo and Legs with it. I wasn't fond of the complexity. I'm sure I'll warm up to it once I get the routine down. Till then, I'm scared of falling off the step and being on the IL!

Nicole: How are you feeling today? I'm so happy you found a CHEAP ticket! I want your friends without the drama!:p :+ Is your dh jealous he's not going too?

Debra: LOL on your graceless reality. Yesterday the twins were reviewing adverbs. Waves had to think of an adverb on how she should walk. She picked gracefully. That little girl walked as gracefully as she could all day!!! I hope cutting back on the meds help! Well, if the insurance won't cover the recurrence of the kidney stones, just spend more of soon to be XDH's money!!!!! C&W is my absolute favorite because of the music. LOL on the diva telling you to hush! I'd be remembering that the next time she breaks out her Hanna Montana cd. :p :7 How did the people watching go? Were you able to find any bickering couples?

Tracy: I'm surprised... Survivor and now Wife Swap.:D We must be mirror image twins! Phil teases me with my reality shows. However, I watch Housewives of Orange County (makes me feel normal and sane compared to them), Project Runway (love the gays!), Work Out (sometimes they toss in a fitness related idea), and Millionaire Matchmaker (makes me glad I'm married!!!).

Laurie: You are a fashionista!!!! I'm so impressed with your skills!!!!!!! Your daughter was an adorable toddler!!!! Do you ever miss their sweet, innocent baby days? Back to the dress... I wish it was normal to wear those clothes during the winter. But, you wear them in the summer!!! What do you do in order to not pass out from the weight of that dress and heat of the sun? You must be skeletal underneath all that material!

Traci: Have enough toxins flowed away for you to begin posting?!?!}(

Hi to Lea, Christiane and anyone else I might have forgotten. It's me, not you!

Ballistic Hugs!!!
Wendy

Hi ladies,
Power went out this morning so I couldn't post ;( I looked at my hair with the assistance of a flashlight, decided it wasn't too bad and got ready for work without my usual shower and foofing. Now that the lights are back on, UGH and scary! Oh well. Car's warming up so I'm going in.

I'll be back to talk tonite. Did GS Legs this morning. Was really looking forward to my hot Oat Bran cereal as a reward for getting thru GS Legs and the Slo Mo lunges. Went to pour the skim milk on it and another UGH! Stinky. I hadn't used the milk in a couple days and it's past expiration. So no cereal. Bad start this morning.

I can get thru this, I can get thru this, I can get thru this...

I'll be back (in Arnold voice)....

Netta Van Petta (fit and fluffy :7)

Hi all...back for a quick chat. Luckily, we didn't have our test in class today...well, I actually wouldn't have minded, but now it will definitely be Monday, so I will know to be prepared. Turned in my people watching paper today...and do you know..there were several students in the class who didn't...It always amazes me how unprepared some people are. Even when I went to college the first time I always studied for my tests (even if it was the night before) and I always turned in my papers on time (even if they were completed at 4am that morning). Amazing.

Anyhoo...I have decided today is a rest day. I am feeling pretty tired....and since I am really done with my last rotation...I am taking the day off. I will do PUB tomorrow and PLB on Sunday and be ready to start my next rotation on Monday. I suppose I will have to vacuum, mop and finish up the laundry today since Sandra said the good fairies are on vacation. What they are taking a break from, I have no idea!

personals....

Jeanette...
So glad you and DH got some good time together last night. Sounds like fun! My arm is still really hurting today. What a goofball I am! I am concerned about the recurrence of kidney stones since I know that I have 2 small ones in my left kidney right now...and my insurance does not cover my kidneys (pre-existing conditions and the rest of that BS)....but I guess I have to limit that medication. I obviously won't have time to take naps when I start working again. I hear employers frown on that. Gracious! It sounds like you have had a bit of a bad start to your day...Well, it can only get better from here!!

Wendy....
The problem with the recurrence of the kidney stones is that it would likely be AFTER I have XDH's money to spend...although I am stashing a little away each month. When I actually start working again, I am sure to have better insurance since work insurance normally doesn't limit pre-existing conditions. I looked for bickering couples, but just ended up with what looked to be a job interview. Oh, well...at least it was different! LOL about Phil coming out of the shower looking like a lobster last night...Poor guy! Hope the antihistamines took care of that. I have an allergy to sulfa and I break out in a very attractive red rash over my ENTIRE body....it's very nice. We try not to take that anymore! Thanks for the compliments on CBL...We were laughing the other day about the whole 'magic mechanic' thing....He said he would come over in a pair of overalls with grease smeared on his face while you guys were here. Germany is lovely...I am glad DS is going there as opposed to somewhere else a lot more dangerous. You will love visiting him there.

Teddygirl...
You will definitely like most of 4DS...it is all short and sweet, but you can always double up the cardio if you so chose. Glad you got the chance to preview some of it last night. So, will you be working the polls on Tuesday for the big primary??

Kim....
Dear woman! What a busy life you have!! Where are you guys going to dinner with the good report cards? Somewhere mom and dad like too, I hope! LOL about DH doing his own version of the X...I am sure he knows waaaaaaay more than Tony and crew given his extensive background in taxes....LOL! I have no idea how long it will take to see the effects of cutting back the medication...I actually forgot and took a whole pill this morning instead of cutting it in half...so I guess it will take a bit longer....lol. Thank goodness you don't have to have a root canal...That does not sound like any fun!

Sandra....
I kind of had the same reaction about lessening the medication....Especially considering I have been on this diuretic for over 2 years and the fatigue is fairly recent. That is why I am going to see a gyno, too. I think those docs tend to pay more attention to the details of women's bodies. My GP never mentioned anything about hormone related issues, so who knows. I certainly don't want to have a recurrence of my kidney stones...'cause I gotta tell you, besides being painful, simply don't have the time to be that sick right now! I have always been a klutz...from as long as I can remember...doesn't have anything to do with medication induces dizziness...just general clumsiness...LOL! Hope DD is feeling better today...and hope that if the parents catch the bug, they wait until they get back home before coming down with the yucky symptoms!

Waving again to Tracy and Traci! Hope everyone is having a great day...I guess I have no excuse left...I must get out the vacuum. UGH. I'll try to check back before my big date tonight.

Debra

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 3/Week 12/Day 7
Workout: StretchX

Can you really call StretchX a workout. Probably not, but it did feel good. My legs where pretty sore from the outdoor running. :D

Guess what was on the ground this morning. SNOW!!!!! I'm done with it. Some time this weekend we are suppose to get rain, so maybe this stuff will disapear fast. Cami and I saw the deer (3 does)this morning. Our neighbor has to be feeding them, because they have a trail right to his back yard. Cami hardly ever barks, but she was barking at them at 5am. :7

Tracy, Waving as you fly by. Yep DH and I made the dresses.

Debra, Hope you have a great time with CBL tonight. My DH is actually going to be home tonight. Very rare for him not to be working on Friday evening. I would love to be going out to dinner. I too find it funny that people don't hand in their work. My oldest is like that with her homework. I would never even have thought of it when I was going to school. A professor I know says that the generation that is in college right now do this all the time. And he is in a private college. Dang that BP you had was really low.

Sandra, I am thinking this is going to be a fabulous friday too. Yes that is me holding DD, and I am at about 190 lbs. That was the heaviest I have ever been. I really do miss holding my kids like that, she loves sitting on my lap to this day. But she is getting so big, that she can't stay too long without my legs feeling it. I have always loved that dress, and that is why we are going to recreate it.

TG, Congrats on the STS purchase. I can't wait to see these things on my doorstep. :7 Sounds like a good idea to give your body the rest when you will be so stressed from the election. I am probably going to be getting the GS cookies this weekend.

Kim, Your weekend doesn't sound quiet at all. My DH is working this weekend so I'm planning on shopping with the DD's. Oldest needs to get new running shoes and spikes for track. And of course they want to go shopping for spring clothes. :7 :7 I need a new pair of running shoes too. Glad to hear they didn't have to do a root canal. My DH actually does all the sewing on the dress, I do all the beading that you see on the sleeves. I make the hats too.

Wendy, Sorry to hear that your sitter bailed on you. :D Glad you DS is happy about heading to Germany. Most of the guys that I went to school with came home from Germany with a new wife in tow. :D Noooottt that you DS will do that. :D We get asked about the heat a lot. When it is humid it can be miserable. But the cotten chemise (shirt) we wear actually keeps us cool, because it collects all the sweat. Sometimes I think that I am cooler than a lot of the people who come to visit us. :D

Jeanette, Bummer on the bad start to your day. Don't know if my DD's could start their day without the hair straightener. :7 :7 :7 Going to the bathroom in those dresses is soooo not fun. We call it the kick and pray. Kick the dress and pray that you butt hits the seat. :7 :7 Are you going to be taking golf lessons again this year?

Nicole, Are you out of your fog yet? Hope today is a better day for you.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie: Thank you:D Today is payday, had a few X bucks. It’s snowing like crazy, here. If this keeps up, I NOoooooo we are leaving early today}( You had a nice relaxing workout, nice!

Jeanette: GS legs sounds like a plan this weekend, thank you. I'm glad your electricity is back on, my goodness! What’d we do without it. Okay, take a deep breathe aw…….now let it out, feel better? I hope your day get better:)

Debra: I HOPE I like them, trying to get a few ideals for a rotation. I’m going to put something together this weekend.

Wendy: LOL sing my child sing, just don’t sing the blues, LOL You have ten whole days too order. I was going to wait until the last minutE, like the 10th but figured what the heck, I hate shelling out all that money. OUCH!.

Tracie: You.....who.....where are you :D Hope workout and client was good for you today, you rock woman! :D

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to do Gauntlet, my all legs version.

Jeanette - Ohhh that sounds like a nasty morning. I hope your day turned around. What leg workouts do you have? Have you become a believer?

Traci - I hope the training went well.

Sandra - Did I read right that you have company and you're still finding time to post?

Debra - I think DH would totally have agreed with you about the witch nick name last night. Ohh... he was mad at me and I was not happy to come home to the kitchen being a total disaster. He said, "I'm leaving" and I said, "Go Ahead". Needless to say, it's all hot air and he's still here.

Nicole - All is well and you do what you have to do. We understand:)

Kim - I skipped the second recovery week because I was sick. I'm at week 3 of phase 3. It's been a really busy week at work. I never sat down today.

I got to go.

Tracy

Wendy - Yeah, another reality tv fan. What channel are your shows on? Not that I have time for any more:) I don't watch many on cable. No DH's name is not Phil.

Tracy

Just a quick fly by before I head out to shower before heading out to dinner. Seems like everyone is busy on this fabulous Friday!

Laurie..
Wow!! More snow?? I bet you will be excited to get down here for a few days!! Hope we don't get on of those freak April snows we get here sometimes. No...I guess SM isn't technically a workout, but it sure does feel good, hunh? I bet Cami was going wild with the deer...Polly wouldn't have known what to do...We stopped in the car one day when we saw some wild turkeys, and she tried to jump out the window...Crazy dog! Wish you and DH were headed out to dinner tonight, too. I guess you have a weekend of shuttling your DD's around...anything exciting going on?

Tracy...
Have fun with the Gauntlet tonight..I know you will!!! Is DS working out with you? Funny about you and DH...they never leave when you want them to, I have noticed....LOL! Hope work was okay, even if it was busy this week. No overly angry parental meetings, I hope. Any big plans for the weekend? A Costco run perhaps??

Okay...I must get my stinky self in the shower so that I can be clean and well shaven for the Magic Mechanic tonight. See you all in the late morning...Have a great evening...and I hope everyone gets a lube job, if they so desire....LOL!

Debra

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Still no workout:(

I am just plum tuckered out! No energy, foggy brain, irritable. I think we're looking at one full week of blah. I guess this would be considered a full recovery week. Does that mean I am an XX'er now? I guess Sandra would have to verify;)

Tracy, Thanks for the support. I hate being a last minute party pooper and I am very envious of the fun you all will have. Since I had to take a rain check on the drive maybe next trip I can take you up on it. Did you enjoy Survivor last night? Thursday nights are busy tv nights for me. Of course I record all of my shows and watch them the next day. Are your legs still attached? I have to work mine more on the next rotation.

Debra, You are such a sweet woman arranging all of the festivities. I hope I didn't throw you off too much. Are you glad it's Friday? I'm sure it has a whole new meaning now that you are back in school. I was the same way when i was in college, prepared. My professors always appreciated it because it shows respect for their time too. Where are you and CBL going to dinner? I'm glad you are near family so you can have time for yourself. I am beginning to realize how important that is. When I told my DMIL that I would be going to KS instead she said she wanted to make sure I was going to get some "me" time while I was there. I told my sister we had to get a facial and massage while I was there or it was a no go;) Hope the new dose of medication helps your fatigue get better.

Sandra, Yes, I do hope this will all be a terrible memory:) I'm glad I read that you were going to do 4DSBC because it reminded me that I want to do a 4DS rotation which I have yet to do. Well am I official? Do I get an XX'er or do I have to redo the recovery week?;) How are you and the girls doing? Everyone on the mend and ready to go? Glad to see you had your mom there to help out with the throwing up stuff:eek: Any exciting plans for Super Saturday?

Teddygirl, Wooohooo, glad you took the plunge:D Now you won't be out of the loop when we're all talking about STS. Good job leaving the cookies out for others to eat!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kim, If that's a "quiet" weekend I don't want to know what a busy one is:) Glad you don't have to throw a root canal in there:p No party for DS. I told them they could have one when they turn 10. Other than that we have so much family that it's enough to look like a party. Have a fun filled weekend!

Wendy, Sorry you didn't get to go to yoga last night. Is Phil ok this morning with his reddness? I guess you'll know if he tries the conditioner again if that was it. That would be fun to visit DS in Germany. Christiane could show you around:) I am so bummed I don't get to meet you all in person:( I know it will happen one day. Phil will get used to it being a yearly thing. We can all save up and meet at a resort one year:D You be my eyes and ears ok? Lots of pictures!!!

Jeanette, Sounds like you had quite a morning! I would have found a way to call in sick for sure! Glad you made it through your workout before you found out that the milk was bad. Have you been outside? It is just gorgeous here! I thought I saw high pressure up your way but I don't remember. Sounds like you had a lovely evening with DH. I can't wait for those days.

Laurie, I hope you can call X Stretch a workout because that may be all I get in this week:p Sorry the snow is still bogging you down:( My sister is sick of it too. Hey, I was listening to KLOVE radio yesterday and someone from Waukesha was on. Small world. She was calling to say that they had a new radio station in Milwaukee and she could get KLove on her radio now. Too funny! Made me think of you. I loved the pictures yesterday. Must be fun to get all dressed up like that.

Lea, Glad you have been finding ways to keep the boys busy. It will be summer before we know it and they'll be running us ragged:) Hope you can relax a bit this weekend.

Tonight is pizza and movie night and we are going to watch Crocodile Dundee. Haven't seen that in years and years. I'm sure the boys will enjoy it.

It's good to get on here and chat again and feel like part of the group. Have a nice night all!

Nicole

This has been me for the last week:p
1008_10033769575.gif
[/url]

Nicole: Sarge might make you do 125 push-ups first.;) You must be joking or delirious! How do you expect me to be your eyes and ears on the retreat when I haven't even posted all my pictures on my blog!!!!:p I'm hoping Jeanette hosts the next retreat in Vegas. Phil would be all for that trip!}( Although, it would be nice to relax at the bay house with Traci too!!!

Christiane: I'm counting on you to show me the sights if I visit my ds in Germany!!!! I expect a shot of Nespresso too! My! I sound demanding.:p :+

Debra: Where you headed for dinner? Phil just made his signature shrimp scampi dish and cesar salad. I haven't gotten around to telling Phil about the Magic Mechanic. He would totally understand what I was talking about. It's not like he hasn't been married to me for over 10 years.

Tracy: Most of the reality shows I watch are on Bravo TV. They are starting a new reality show about Manhattan Housewives. I'm not sure if that one will hook me. They seem sort of B!tchy compared to the superficial, easy-going CA housewives. A new season of work-out is about to start. Hopefully, they will focus more on the fitness side this season instead of pure drama.

Teddygirl: I have to wait until next week.... unless I decide to sell my Bar Method dvds. Apparently, they got pulled off the shelves due to the video company not sharing the profits. The set sold for $177 on ebay!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: That's just CRAZY!!!!!! I think I paid $15 for the set!

Laurie: One of the first things I told ds... Do NOT bring home a German bride!!!! He just laughed and told me not to worry; they were too aggressive for him. He wants a submissive wife from Japan. LOLOLOL Yeah, right. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes home married. I hope he waits to marry until he's older and more mature. So, when does your dh audition for Project Runway? :+

Jeanette: Glad you noticed before you took a bite! We had to be careful with dairy in Thailand. Refrigeration is a new concept for most of them. When I ordered cream for my coffee, room service sent up cream with curdles in it. YUCK YUCK YUCK Needless to say, I drank it black!!!!

Okay, I've gotta push play. It's a yoga night since we didn't do a darn thing last night.

Wendy

Hi gals,
Today was quite the day at work. Totally off my rhythm (boy, that's a hard word to spell), but managed to make it. Except one little mishap. I was in my boss's office talking to him. Someone told me I had a phone call so I got up to answer it. Guess a cord from the conference call speaker was wrapped around my foot and it tripped me up and I took a digger to the floor full length right in front of him and a facility captain. I wasn't hurt, just very embarrassed. Of course they were concerned and wanted me to fill out a worker's comp form, but it really didn't hurt. Just a rug burn on my knee. Another weird thing, a gal walks in this morning and compliments my hair, saying it always looks good. Heck, today was the first day I have ever gone to work without washing it and felt like it looked terrible. It was just a disjointed, out of body experience kind of day.

Realized last night, after returning from the desert, that I hadn't planned on a dinner to bring to Mom and Dad's for tonite. Decided to go get Chinese food for them. Came home from work, picked up DH and we picked up the food and brought it to them. They really enjoyed it, and Grandma ate, and ate, and ate. DH and I ate too. The medicine to boost Grandma's appetite has been kicking in big time. She looked very perky too. My Mom is thrilled that Grandma is eating so well.

Nicole, I ate your Chinese food for you, sparing the bloat you would have acquired. I also had a glass of wine just because it was that kind of day today. Oh, who am I kidding, I just enjoy wine. I am so sorry you are still sick. Enough is enough. Have you been to a doctor? Is it the terrible flu that's been hitting all over the country? Whatever, I'm praying you feel better in the morning. It felt sooooo good to go outdoors with DH and the dogs last night. Smacked heavily of summer coming. Been so long since I've sat around a campfire. Think it was in December when we went Christmas tree cutting. Guess it wasn't that long ago after all, but it sure seems like it.

Traci, where are you today? Hope all is well. Perhaps going to Bay?

Debra, how was dinner tonite? Hope the medication quantity change works. I would think if that was the answer, you'd see a difference pretty soon. I really like the Pyramids. One of my favorite, even the leg work. Anything's got to be better than those burners in GS Legs, you know, the slo mo lunges with only 5# DB's. I was burning big time today. Yep, my day got better all right, included a fall. Hope your arm is feeling better. How do you know you have 2 kidney stones still? Can they blast them while in your kidney, or do you have to be in the throes of a kidney stone attack for them to do that?

Sandra, I've been thinking about your idea on cardio and leanness. I'm thinking that it probably depends on how a body reacts to cardio/stress. Mine seems to retain the water after each cardio workout. A few years or more ago, when I was really doing more long rides, I would weigh myself each day and for the few days after a long ride, I would be up about 3#. It would take about 3 days for that water weight to go away. Of course, I'd do another ride and up it would go again. However, I have an Ironman girlfriend that is 44 years old now and has a very lean, non-puffy, tiny body. She trains full time, running, cycling, etc., lots of cardio in her schedule, with little weight work. Maybe when she's near 50, her body won't be so lean, but then who knows. I love cycling and exerting hard, but not killing myself. I love the lean look that Cathe has. Are you saying that if Cathe were to start doing long endurance cardio (like bike rides over an hour for 4-5x a week), plus some weight work, she could lose that very lean look? I sure don't like the idea of having one or the other, great cardio fitness with lots of endurance or leanness. Of course, I want both things. The cycling is a social activity that I enjoy too, so giving it up to look leaner doesn't appeal to me much, and seems so shallow. Maybe the answer is to just make the most of my cardio workouts so that there are fewer sessions, but tougher. Sigh. Well, it would give me more time for golf.

Latrese, glad you ordered STS. Has everyone of the Xers ordered it now? Lowmax is a goodie, think I've told you that before. I was reluctant about spending that money too, but would kick myself if I had to pay full price later one. I think this one sounds really, really good.

Kim, your weekend makes my head swim. Ah, to be young again and have that energy. No thanks LOL! I enjoy my evenings and weekends when I don't have to do too much. Last weekend I had to stay with my Grandma so I'm looking forward to spending my time here, hopefully doing something productive. Enjoy Phase 3 of P90X. More variety on this phase. How have your DH's results been? Yours? Glad you don't have to have a root canal, though I've never had a problem with one. Funny, the stuff they can see on an Xray. Sadly, I haven't been getting in my walks. I really need to make the time. It's just been so hectic here at work. Yes, I am very pleased with my performance appraisal. This job is challenging, but satisfying. I've got a feeling that some of us at least will be doing STS at the same time. I didn't order right away so I'll probably have to wait a little longer to receive. Pretty exciting stuff!

Wendy, poor, poor Phil! Gosh, that's awful about the reaction to the conditioner. Wonder what was in it. Germany sounds like a good place for your DS to go. My girlfriend's son was there for a while and had a great time. He traveled a lot and also cycled a lot too. Loved the Black Forest if I remember right. Yep, you could hook up with Christiane. The world is a smaller place, isn't it? Glad your mother is doing better. I'm sure you and DH will enjoy life after the kids have gone. My DH is sacked out now, sitting on the floor, leaning against the couch. Mouth open. With the History Channel playing on TV. What a romantic, exciting life we have. Bet you can't wait to experience the thrill.... Might be too much for you :p . Ewwww, curdled cream. Yuk! Good thing the smell hit me this morning, because with the power off, I couldn't see the rotten milk.

Laurie, so sorry about more snow. I think we are expecting a little for tomorrow ourselves, then it bounces back up to 60 on Monday. The dress is just gorgeous, gorgeous! What kind of character does your DH play? I'm hoping to take some golfing lessons, Lord knows I need them. I found another gal at work that plays so may play with her soon. Kick and pray LOL! I can't imagine wearing those dresses in the heat. I would have to have a fan running on me.

Tracy, I'm pleased so far with the little bit of change I'm seeing in my legs. Thinking that another leg rotation would be good as I'm just starting to see the changes. Of course, the Chinese food eaten tonite will negate visual effects for a few days. And it wasn't even that good of Chinese food. For leg workouts I own: GS Legs, S&H Legs, Leaner Legs, Pyramids, Legs & Glutes, Butts & Guts. I also have Tracey Staehle's Parts, Legs & Back from P90X, Plyo Legs. I don't have the Pure Strength workouts. I own most of Cathe's workouts except her very early ones. I also have Slim Series. Can't think of others right now. If you could suggest a rotation, I would love it. Otherwise, I'll repeat this one, but sub for my other leg workouts.

Got to go now. DH and I are going to go shoot handguns tomorrow with a guy from work. Will go after I work out and eat a decent hot cereal breakfast. With good milk. And a shower.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.