X'ers Fabulous Friday 1/5

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Friday X'ers & lurkers!!! We know you're out there!!! lol
Classic - Phase 3 - Week 1 - Day 6 (wooHoo! Wk 2 of 4 coming soon)
Feeling Mondays w/o like crazy in Tri & Sh today :eek: .... Also legs are nice & toasty after yesterdays Legs & Back & YogaX marathon. Today is Kenpo... may have to do without the weighted gloves...we shall see!

For you evening posters that I missed:

:D Stephanie: GREAT JOB hanging in there w/ core syn! For me Banana's get "do-able" not easier! Spinx P/U...well they are just beyond me totally! Classic is more strength focused but not
necessarily "harder". I think it depends on how much you like strength work! lol I also think you'll enjoy it next round regardless. I'm trying to figure out exactly when to start my next one as I want to make sure my official measurements day is in my Skinny/Lean week that I have once a month! This time it falls in PMS week....NOT MOTIVATING! lol

:DSANDRA: Please raise your right hand and say... "My name is Sandra & I am a P90X Addict!"..... I think I am as well as I was all "fired up" reading the posts yesterday on open from the person writing "reviews".... had to lol at myself cuz I was like "Geez... I guess this is Rogers & Eberts wife"... lol. I normally am not like that about any kind of posts.....
So excited that you & others are seeing & feeling results from all your hard work...makes it so worth all the time & energy! Great way to work thru mental junk that creeps in from time to time for most of us. YIPPEE on weighted gloves! I think you're gonna really love Kenpo with them. They are such a great pairing w/ that type of workout...much more so I think than a High Impact Kick type. I'm hearing good things about PlateMates (other than cost). I guess what I need to consider first is if I plan on being at the "in-between" wt for any length of time. If I plan to get stronger pretty fast then its better I think to just get the next set of DB's I need. Mine are 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 20. Its the jumps from 12-15 & 15-20 that I have to kinda play with right now. Also happy to hear that you'll be going back to your eye candy later.... I mean swim instructor, it use to make you a very happy camper!

:DJEANETTE: I am really happy that your energy level is coming back with more carbs! Thats a great feeling learning your perfect food combination for optimum performance! Great job. BTW: I think you are so right about the posts being so motivating... I couldnt do this without all of them throughout the day!

:DTracy, Deb, DB, X , Gayle, Lea, Laurie, Monica, Buffy, JohnsWife:
(I think this is the core group now!)
Have a fabulous day and workout or stretch! Hope everyone has some fun planned for the weekend!
Catch up later with ya'll
:)

Happy Friday!

Classic/Phase 2/Week 5/ Day 6 Hooray!

Hey Traci: no matter how fast I finish and feed the dogs etc. I can never beat you here! Today was Legs and Back, and I have to say, out of all the weight workouts this is my least favorite. I don;t like the leg excercises he does. I actually subbed using my weight bench and did leg extensions, and also did regular squats in place of both sets of wall squats. I think it was better for my knee.

Hope everyone has a great day and if this is your last workout day of he week, a good rest day tomorow!

Deb B

Hi, Ladies!

Classic/Phase 1/Week 1/Day 5

Legs & Back and AbRipper X. After all the tips and help with assisted pull ups, I finally found a suitable position for my high step to help boost me up. Finally. But, I ordered a set of bands last night to do the assisted. I'll feel much safer with them, I think.

Deb-I was surprised, honestly, how little weights were used in the leg workout. But, I'm trusting it and will see how it works. Just felt weird not to be using my barbell! LOL

(from yesterday's posts):
Stephanie….can YOU do ‘crane’ yet? LOL I attempted, several times, but Tony was right…I should have put the pillow under my head! LOL

Sandra-you mentioned you swam until you started P90X. Did it interfere at all??? I’m curious, because I’m planning on getting in the pool a few times a week for 20-30 minutes a session.

Today.....I'm headed to the Y to swim a half-horu of laps to practice, then I have my 9:15 Pilates class that I'm trying out this session! Lots of physical activity for me early today, but I'll manage! LOL. It will make for an awesome lunch with my friends this afternoon!

BBL

YOU LADIES ROCK!!!!!!!!

Gayle

Good Morning!!

Running late this morning. I did Plyox. Loved it.

Deb, I'm surpised you don't like Legs and Back. This is one of my favs. Not too much weight but I feel it like crazy in my glutes as opposed to my thighs which is what I like. Initially I thought I was getting a good workout but by bu** really speaks to me the next day.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Morning X'rs,

Classic/Ph2/Week1/Day5

Today will be Legs & Back and ABX.

Traci, I will also join in the group My name is Laurie and I am a P90X addict. So far I'm loving the way this rotation works.

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi all,

Yesterday was yoga x, but I ended up doing Brian Kest’s Tone, and I also went for a much less than all out, interval run. The weather here has been unbelievable and I just couldn’t resist going out and running; it was almost 60 degrees. I felt better than I have in a while, and my back didn’t bother me. I felt pretty good about the yoga. He does the behind the leg grab from the prayer twist lunge and I was able to do the pose and grab my hands. I have never been able to do that.

Traci – I know what you mean about the timing and ttom etc. I think I have two good weeks then it’s all down hill. It really stinks. I have been doing extra ab work for my back and I still have the lower ab pouch.

Sandra – I enjoyed reading your post last night. I have to work to keep myself from fixating on my exercise, what I did yesterday, what I’m doing today, what I’ll do tomorrow, what I’m going to do post p90x. There’s just so much to think about and then I have to fit in work!

Gayle – Glad your with us. I have the bands, but haven’t had the energy to try them yet. Maybe I’ll get them out tonight. Have fun with the swim and pilates.

Buffy – I didn’t do plyo x this week and I missed it. I think that is such a great workout.

Laurie - Legs and back for me and arx too. I enjoy that workout and am looking forward to it. p90x addict??? I think you're in the right place.

I’m getting a picture of a $1000.00 bill to put by my workout area. What a great motivator.

I’ll be back with more personals later today. Hi to all and I enjoy reading everyone’s posts and comments. It seems there’s just not enough time in the day for my fitness and everything else.

Tracy

Hi All Xers, TGIF!

Classic Hybrid/Ph1/Wk1/Day4

Today I switched KPC with YogaX for 2 reasons: I do like KenpoX very much but I need the calorie burning, higher paced cardio of Cathe's KPC for my goals, and I love Yoga and want to be able to be 100% present for the 90 minutes which I would be unable to do on a weekday morning before work.

I was skeptical as to whether my shoulders would be burned from Shoulders and Arms just 24 hours before but they felt good and strong. I am high reps and relatively lower weights with S&A, using #8, #10 and #5's for the switch grip Tri kickbacks. I look forward to the time where I can really left for strength (8-10)with heavier weights.

So my first Phase, weeks 1-3 of my Classic Hybrid look like this:

Chest and Back/ARX
Plyometrics alt with Imax3 (thank you Traci, I think...? who gave that suggestion)
Shoulders and Arms/ARX
KPC alt with KenpoX
Legs and Back/ARX
YogaX....ahhhhhh

This is my modified Lean Rotation while following Classic weight days.

Some of your posts crack me up, make me smile or simply give me ongoing inspiration. Time for more personals over the weekend!

X

Morning Xers!

Classic/Phase 2/Week 1/Day 5

It was Legs & Back today and I brought it good! I was able to increase reps on the 1st round (in comparison to the last time I did Legs & Back 2 weeks ago) and the 2nd round I upped my weights and increased there also so I am jazzed and feeling real good. My Cardio Coach #1 session on my bike went well too. I love Sean's voice during these workouts. So motivating. I own some Spinervals too but haven't even pulled them out since last winter, though I know they are really good for making your stronger too. Tonite I will do AbX and help DH work out too.

Traci, good for you for getting in both of those workouts yesterday. Way to stay on course! KenpoX today? Weighted gloves or not? I know you will do the right thing in that area. Not worth an injury, that's for sure. Love my weighted gloves too.

Fox2, sorry Legs & Back isn't a good one for you. The one I don't really like is the fabulous Dreya kick one where you lunge out to the side and come back with a kick and then lunch at a 45 and come back with a kick and then again to the front. That one is not one of my favorites. I notice more and more that so many of the exercises use the core to stabilize, even though we are focusing on legs. I do like this workout for my legs and PlyoX and for the first time, I'm seeing some slimming results. I have such short legs that bulk is not where I want to go at all.

Gayle, glad you're working out the pullup situation. I'm using my Bowflex lat tower and gradually increasing my weights (power rods). I haven't even attempted a pullup. Kind of scared to see I guess. You know, I don't miss hoisting that barbell on my back at all. I was always adjusting it so it didn't put my nerves in my back and neck. Less weighted work seems to be working more for me. Have a great time at the pool. Our pool in town closed down a couple of years ago. So many kids are not learning how to swim now and I think that's pretty sad.

Buffy, PlyoX is a great workout. I always feel Legs & Back, along with KenpoX on my rest day. I usually feel it in my glutes.

Laurie, nice to meet you LOL! I'm an addict too. Absolutely love this way of working out. I'm not killing myself with all that cardio any more, yet still seeming to maintain my cardio conditioning. The proof for me is when I go ride my bike on the weekends with the other riders. So far, so good and I'm very pleased.

I'll BBL and try to post again.

Jeanette

Hi X,
Sounds like you are getting it dialed in to fit your goals and to be able to work out with your DH. Funny thing, I've never yet been conscious of the previous weight work session causing difficulty with the next one. I agree with others that this is a well thought out system.

Must run,

Jeanette

Hi to all! Just popping in real quick to say hi! Hope you guys are all doing well. My eating and exercising have really suffered with my DH in town, but he leaves today and I should be able to be back on program tomorrow and starting phase 2 week 2 (I got week 1 in while my DH was here)...So, sorry for no personals, but should be ready to go in the morning!!

Happy Day to all!!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi Debra,
Glad you could pop in, bet you really enjoyed having DH home. Phase 2 will be ready for you tomorrow!

Jeanette

Hey Jeanette!

How's your hubby doing? Is he doing the "other" DVD's in between the weighted workouts? How's he feeling?

My hubby is not really serious about the Plyo or Yoga. I think he's considering the Kenpo though. He is so sold on the weight workouts. He's like a new man reporting his DOMs in places he's never felt them. He's very inspired to eat clean on his own, and we both haven't touched booze for almost a week! Now that's something for this cocktailing couple!

I think he was like so many other guys, where he had his "routine" of 200 crunches, bench presses, and vanilla curls. So he is really learning alot and enjoying it! He is 52 y.o. BTW and so far has been outdoor running in the early am on non weight workout days.

X

X
My DH just started working out again. He attempted AbX with me the other night and then 2 nights ago worked on the Bowflex alone. He's not doing P90X yet, don't think he's really fit enough for it (Plyo, Kenpo, Core Syn), but I think he would really like it. He doesn't want to try girlie workouts (Cathe, etc.) but did try a Gilad once with me and he really moaned and groaned.

I need to help him on the Bowflex tonite. He does better if I'm adjusting the rods and giving him form tips.

He hasn't quit the beer drinking yet, but is watching what he eats more.

Really have to run to work now,

Jeanette

CLASSIC / PHASE 2 / WEEK 4 / DAY 5

Today was Core Synergistics again. I have to say that my second time doing this workout went MUCH better! I got so much more out of it this time. That actually scares me though -- if my DOMS in my abs was that sore the first time, who knows how bad it will be this time? I was much better able to execute the moves this morning and BRING IT! I had a lot of fun with it, although I still find it to be VERY DIFFICULT. Below are just a few comments on some of the moves:

* The sphinx push-ups are sooo hard! Don't know if I will every get them down.

* Sometimes I wonder if I am doing the Low Lateral Skaters correctly in Core Syn. I don't feel like I get a lot out of that one. Any suggestions?

* Prison Cell Push-Up -- I REALLY struggle with this one. I only did six and they were pathetic. I don't understand because I do pretty well with push-ups on my toes. I also do well with the Terminators in Cathe's Boot Camp. For some reason these absolutely exhaust me.

* Side Hip Raise -- These are awesome! I think that is where a lot of my DOMS came from the first time I did this. I really feel it in my sides.

* Lunge Kickback Curl Press -- I love these, feels like it takes forever though. They remind me of sneaky lunges in Legs & Back, which I also adore.

* Table Dip Leg Rais -- Not sure where I am supposed to be feeling this. I feel it in my triceps, but I don't think that I am supposed to.

OK - sorry for the long post. I'm looking forward to Yoga X tomorrow and Stretch or Rest Sunday - though I think that I might just rest and skip the Stretch. A nice day of nothing before entering Phase 2 attempting some doubles!

Monica

Classic/Phase 3/Week 1/Day 5

GOOD MORNING!!! I had to shout as I am in a great mood and I really "brought it" today with legs and back. Ok, not so much ARX again, but hey, my abs are sore sore sore from ARX on Wednesday and then Yoga belly 7 yesterday. After only a few days of eating clean(ok, had to throw out the cinnamon covered almonds last night) I am starting to notice the holiday bloatiness saying bye bye. Still have a little ways to go, but it is a great start.

I have been lurking on the ETL check in and they have some great food ideas. Yummy.

Ok, now for personals.

Traci - Isn't it amazing the DOMS that we are getting? My shoulders have been screaming at me for the past two days. BTW, what kind of insane woman works out on little sleep and different sinus meds? And you are calling Sandra an addict? I think that maybe you should head the XA meetings!! LOL. Have fun doing Kenpo today. And have a great time going out of town.

Deb - Have a great rest day tomorrow! I wish that Tony made another leg workout myself, but I really can't complain at the results I am getting.

Gayle - Hi there. I think you will be amazed at how your legs will look after doing the X. I don't think I have seen my butt so toned!!!Sounds like you are really having fun with the swimming. Enjoy.

Buffy - Great job on Plyo X. have a good day at work.

Laurie - I am glad that you are loving the X. Amazing how much of an addiction it becomes.

Tracy - Holy cow!! How flexible are you??? Great job. I am glad that you got a run in yesterday. Sounds the weather is really nice. My DH really would like me to check out VA to live because he absolutely loves it there. I hope that you are feeling better. Hate that ttom.

Jeanette - Great job on the weight increase. It sounds like your workouts are going really well for you. I am glad. I am not too fond of that Dreya kick move either. Sometimes I think that they had to put several of her moves in for pc reasons. Good for you for helping your DH get into shape. It's a great feeling when the DH's take interest in what you do.

X - I have to try Cathe's KPC when I am done with my journey. Everybody seems to like this one. Your rotation looks good. Enjoy your day.

Debra - So sorry that DH is leaving today. But I am sure that your eating and exercising will get back on track when he leaves:(. Have an awesome day!!

Monica - I am glad that you have a better opinion about Core. With the sphinx pushups, don't give up. I felt the same way, and then poof one day I was able to do them. That one really does have to do with a lot of core!! Yikes! The table dip leg raises are tricky because you have to focus on so many things. Think Yoga X for the table, you know, tighten your buttocks, stomach and then do a tricep dip while everything is tight. That one is still hard for me because you do have to focus on so many things. But keep up the work. You will be amazed at the improvements. Have a great yoga workout tomorrow.

DB - Good for you for doing doubles. That is what I am planning on doing my next round of P90X. After I am done with my 90 days, I do plan on incorporating some of the Cathe gym styles into my rotation. Especially the legs. How I miss that one.

Johnswife - Those chin ups are a killer, even assisted. I am glad that you are listening to your body and not trying to push it when you aren't ready. Good luck with your decision. Congratulations on the weight loss too. I am glad that the lean rotation worked for you.

Sandra - You just really love this Tony and Dreya stuff don't ya? I thought you would get a kick out of the boob grabbing. Yeah, I didn't believe the sister comment either, but what are you going to say when the gal is married? LOL. By the way, you really have an imagination don't you? $1,000 bill in the butt? That really is a way to look at doing planks. Boy your kids must really have a great time with you!!! You have to let me know what you think of Imax 3 when you are finished with the X.

I really hope that I didn't miss anyone. If I did, sorry and hi. Have a great day, weekend, etc....

Lea

Oh yeah - I almost forgot! After Core Syn this morning I tried some shakes that I think Gayle may have recommended: EAS AdvantEdge Protein Shake. I had the french vanilla flavor and it was yummy! I did not buy the carb control, because I want the carbs after a cardio workout.

I am a little concerned as liquid meals do not cut it for me -- so I drank this in addition to my usual daily intake. The P90X handbook says it is important to get enough calories, so I don't think that I am in any danger of being too low. I usually get between 1800 and 2000 calories. The shake has 180 calories. I'll only use it on cardio days -- as I have not been using a recovery drink. On weight lifting days I make a whey protein shake with 1/2 cup skim milk and 1/2 cup Diet V8 Splash Tropical, 1 scoop whey protein powder.

Everyone have a great weekend!
Monica

Ok, I am getting a little concerned now. Does anyone have this problem? My jeans are having a hard time fitting my legs now. It is very very frustrating (but yes, I am still in a good mood). The waist is the same, still have room there, but my frickin legs are just having such a tough time. I remember during phase 1 i lost weight and had to lower a pant size, but now I am trying to fit into my regular size jeans and those darn legs keep having a problem. I don't feel that I have gained that much weight, I feel pretty tone. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Just curious.

Lea

Hi all,

I’m just curious how everyone goes about increasing their weights on the upper body routines. I usually do as many as I can with the higher weight then complete the 12-15 with the weight I used previously. From this week, no DOMS in my shoulders and biceps, which I thought I worked to failure, but lots in my triceps, which I didn’t think I worked to quite as close to failure. It seems like it should be the opposite.

Lea - Another person who brought it today with legs and back! I hope I feel the same once I get home. I’ve been lurking on the ETL checkin too. I need some new food ideas. We had 2 cakes and 2 pies left at our house after Christmas. It all went in the trash. I love VA, I’ve lived here my entire life. As far as the pants I've had a week of thinking my glutes have gotten bigger and I'm not so sure about my thighs either. Some pants were tight, others falling off, I don't know. I'm fighting the urge to decrease calories. I want to see how I look more toned. I know that I can drop the weight or decrease size if I just stop doing what I'm doing, so I'm sticking with it for now.

Jeanette – You have really been bringing it the last few days. I haven’t brought much of anything either mentally or physically. Fortunately, I did increase all weights and reps for both weight workouts, even though mentally I wasn’t on my best game. It really does help to write things down. I think it keeps you honest with what you are doing. Did you buy that Kest Power/sculpt in the set or did you find it elsewhere? I’d love to get that one.

X – I probably would struggle with sh & arms followed by KPC, but if it works for you, I’d go for it.

Debra – My eating always suffers when my schedule changes, no matter how hard I try. Fortunately there is always tomorrow. Glad you stopped by.

Monica – I couldn’t do one sphinx push up the first time around, but was able to do a few on my toes and a few more on my knees the second time. I think that it is a lot of core. I don’t really feel the low lateral skaters either except that it’s not easy to get my foot off the ground! I love the lunge curl kickback press. I think that it is the combination and sequencing of the exercises as much as anything that makes the whole thing so hard in a good way.

Traci – Great job on being creative about not missing a workout. I think that’s why I don’t get upset about missing a workout anymore. I’ve resorted to all sorts of measures to get it done, even late at night, which is highly unusual. Have fun and enjoy the break.

Hi to all who follow,

Tracy

Doubles/PH2/Week 4/Day 6

Yoga X tonight then rest tomorrow. How great is that! Really brought it with Core Syn. last night. Tried the Chat. run, but still wasn't happenin'. Only did about 4 Dreya rolls assisted. Don't have time to talk, but I want to comment on just about everything everyone said. Also, I'm really excited the Traci considered me part of the "core" group here - yippee! Thanks Traci.

Monica - Great comments! Yes, I also feel the table dip leg raises in my tris. I think your supposed to. As Tony describes, synergistics means working everything together - all muscle groups. Although it's a burner, great workout. I'll definitely be throwing that one in my homemade rotation.

Gayle - TRUST legs and back. It is your friend. I was a big runner before this and really had decent leg shape (I thought). I was also apprehensive about the little weight work with legs when I started this program. But, all the leg work in Plyo and Yoga, coupled with L&B... you'll really see a difference. Have you ever done Cathe's Legs and Glutes? There's a lot of non-weighted leg work in that and I always feel the burn. That's my fav leg workout from Cathe.

Hope you all have fabulous days! I'll be checking in later hopefully to actually respond to all the great stuff you guys are commenting on.

Hi,

I just finished my workout. I did CTX 10/10/10 and the step part of HSTA, then legs and back. I felt good. The cardio takes on a whole new feel if you really try to land softly and not just thud down. I just love working legs and back, they are my two favorite parts to work. I increased all of my weights during legs and did very respectable with the pull ups. I added the usual squats and deadlifts before the workout, and although I decreased my weight some, I was happy to be able to do them.

To all of you who love legs and back, you should really consider a rotation doing a freestyle approach to legs post p90x. I got great results, shape and endurance, working my legs (standing) 3x per week with light weights and multiple exercises. I'm sure that's why I don't get DOMS from this. I think real freestyle includes floorwork, but I hate it, so I don't do it.

Have a great evening.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.