Xers CheckIn Saturday 12/23

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning Die Hard Xers!

Today is Kenpo for me... Planning on getting it done early as have plans all afternoon w/ DH.

Hope you all are enjoying the Christmas countdown! I wont be checking in much but will definitely be here at least 1x per day.

Great job to all who are sticking w/ program thru this terribly busy & frantic time of year!

Classic/Phase II/Week 3/Day 6

Kenpo for me also. My legs are really sore from back and legs yesterday, so I hope that Kenpo doesn't kill me today.

And instead of a rest day tomorrow, I think I will do Monday's workout which is yoga and take Monday off.

Have a great weekend and Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Lea

Hi all,

I have kenpox and I'll do that later today. I'm going to focus on form and tightening my core. I have to run errands again today and if I don't get out early it will be a nightmare. I did legs and back last nignt and arx. I really tried hard to concentrate on my form for arx and it did make a difference. I ate salty nachoes last night and abs still looked pretty good. One thing about arx is it seems to keep the abs tight longer than some other things that I've done. When I was doing legs and back I kept thinking about comments from everyone and it helped me to keep pushing even though I was tired last night. The back stuff was good, but legs were burning.

Checking in with everyone is very motivating and hearing everyone's comments about the workouts helps to keep me honest about what I'm really doing. Getting on autopilot doesn't get results. I think that it's sometimes difficult to keep an edge with working out when you workout by yourself.

No time for personals now, but Hi to all who follow.

Tracy

Tracy - Thank you for the reminder to focus on form and the core. I did and I seriously thought that I was going to bonk in the middle of the workout. It was the best Kenpo workout that I have had so far.

Lea

Good morning,

CLASSIC, PHASE 1/WEEK 3/DAY 6

It was KenpoX for me this morning. I didn't think my weighted gloves had arrived, but I looked out on the front porch this morning and they were here! I enjoyed wearing them, had TONS of energy this morning and really brought it good! They help to keep the heart rate up a bit. My shoulders and arms are nicely warm right now. They are 1# gloves. I feel like a boxer when I wear them. Absolutely loved KenpoX this morning. I also did my AbX last night.

Traci, hope you enjoyed KenpoX as much as I did this morning. Wonderful to feel STRONG!!! Hope you get lots done with DH today. Oh yeah, I believe KenpoX is the workout that has your signature line in it.

Lea, seems like a bunch of us are Kenpoing it today. You may be surprised and have tons of energy. Good plan on the workout for tomorrow and resting on Monday. I have a little soreness in my glutes from Legs & Back. This workout continues to deliver DOMS for me for some reason. Which exercise/s do you think are the ones that do it? I think sneaky lunges (I always type lunches for some reason) are fun.

Tracy, thanks for the reminder of staying off of autopilot. As some of these workouts get more familiar, I find myself thinking of other things and need to bring intensity to it. Today was intense and focused (must have been the gloves making me feel like Rocky LOL). Love having everyone to check in with too.

Good workouts everyone!

Jeanette

PHASE 1 / WEEK 2 / DAY 6 / CLASSIC ROTATION

Today was also KenpoX for me. I tried the recommendation to keep my core tight. Also, I found that during the blocks section it really helps to stay lower in the horse stance with a tightened core. I was staying pretty low in horse stance and my legs were burning.

I am so excited that I have now made it through Weed 2 -- only 11 weeks to go!

Tomorrow is rest day or Stretch X -- I am tempted to do what Lea is doing though and switch so that I can have Christmas off. We'll see.

Have a great day!
Monica

Hello to all....I, too, am doing Kenpo today...I am in the middle of my first rest week and so far so good. I am feeling well...getting lots of rest (if you can believe that!) I really enjoy Kenpo..especially since I figured out how to get more out of it!! Yesterday I did Core Syn...and it was easier than I first thought it would be during the previews. I enjoyed it and will be looking forward to doing it again.

I am going to workout this afternoon...I was busy this morning... my DD had a haircut and then we went to see "Charlotte's Web"...which was a really cute movie! Now it's time to work out and then Santa has a few things to do!

Happy Christmas Eve Eve! Or whatever you celebrate..Chrismukah, Festivus, Etc!!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Classic/Phase II/Week 3/Day 6

Lea & Jeanette - Even though I felt tired once I got to doing legs and back last night, I haven’t had any doms ever. I’ve been working my legs really hard. I can almost squat 3 / 15 of my body weight, which is good for me after years of 40-50 lbs. My legs have felt really tired, but not sore. I think that the recovery drink and stretching has helped, plus all that freestyle I did earlier this year.

Monica – You and I were thinking alike because I tried to get really low in the horse stance and maintain it. That definitely forced me to engage my core more and intensified that part of the workout. I just love the hooks and uppercuts. I can really engage my core.

Debra – Core syn is one of my favorites and can’t wait to do it again. It seemed to do wonders for my core. Good job getting rest on the recovery week. For me it’s so tempting to add in more cardio.

Happy Holidays,

Tracy

Tracy...I am tempted to add in some cardio...I was thinking I would do some cardio again tomorrow so that I can take a rest day on Chritmas...but I think I've decided to do YogaX tomorrow since I didn't do it at the beginning of the week (I subbed another yoga/pilates dvd)..Then rest on Christmas (between unpackaging Barbies!) and then Core Syn again on Tuesday, StretchX Wednesday and then I'll be into phase 2 on Thursday...I actually don't have anything pressing to do tomorrow during the day, so it would be a good day for me to do yoga since it's so long...I will try hard to focus on my form the next time I do ARX..since I really don't like this one much!

Anyhoo...after that long winded, rambling, self-centered reply....

Traci, Lea, Tracy, Jeanette and Monica...hope you're well and having fun!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

LEAN/Phase 1/Week 3/Day 4

YEah, YogaX for me today! Some of you may remember a couple of weeks ago when I did this workout for the first time, how I disliked it. After doing it a couple of times, I really have begun to enjoy it and today I really look forward to it. Sounds like a lot of you are doing KenpoX. I'll be doing that one on Christmas Day. I have had trouble keeping my heartrate up, so I will try to focus on my form and core and see if that helps.

Jeanette - I'll bet those weighted gloves really bring up the intensity of Kenpo X. I've wanted to try them even with Cathe's kickboxing workouts. (Not the blast section of KickMax, though!) It's amazing what adding a couple of pounds can do to increase the intensity of a kickboxing workout!

Monica - I try to stay low on those horse stances, too. Maybe I'll try a little lower, though. My legs feel it, but they're not quite at the burning stage. I think I may be trying to cheat a little when I don't focus on form. Tony's good about reminding us, when he says, "Don't just swing your arms. That ain't working out," or something like that.

Debra - Sounds like you and your DD had a fun day out! My DD is only 3 and right now she's giving me a hair makeover with her new beauty salon she just got for her birthday! I love Core Synergistics because it does cover it all. I always feel like I've had the best workout and my body is really feeling it. Hey, by the way, are you a Seinfeld fan? "It's a Festivus for the Rest of us!" LOL!

Tracy - I totally agree with you about ARX. It engages my core like no other workout I've ever done. I haven't even been able to finish all the exercises, yet. I'm dreaming of the day when I can actually do all the exercises, and then I'll try to do them like the Tony and his crew with amazing form! I love how you can really target those lower abs that are always so hard to get with traditional ab exercises.

Traci - Thanks for keeping our check in going strong even during this crazy time! I really need it to help me stay motivated!

Have a great day X'ers!
Stephanie

CL/PH1/WK3/DAY6

Hi Xers!

Like most of the group today I did KenpoX. It's my third time through, and felt the most intense so far. Now that I've figured out how this workout is paced and how it flows together, I found I could really put more oompfh into it. It was FUN! And I really worked hard. Like the others have said, engaging the core, especially during the blocking segments, really helps. I had tons of good energy today and was really ready to bring it.

Yesterday I did Legs & Back, and ARX. Funny thing - 15 mins into Legs & Back, we lost our power. So, I opened the curtains to let in some sunlight, propped open the manual, and finished the workout using the book! You can't do that with a Cathe workout LOL! I put my MP3 player on, and ended up thoroughly enjoying myself. Actually, I think I liked it better without Tony distracting me. And doing ARX at my own pace was quite nice. I did a very good job with my form. BTW, ARX would be easy to do if you're on the road. Just jot down the list of exercises, and that's all you need.

I'm glad I'm not the only one focusing hard on getting through the holidays while staying on track. You all are very helpful in keeping me staying motivated. Have a great day!!

Sandra

Hi, had a friend come over and visit me today. Yakked and yakked and yakked. She does Ironman competitions. She's done 7 so far and qualified and competed year before last in Hawaii at the Kona one. She's competing at Lake Placid in July. Pretty cool, but no way I'd want to train as much as she does.

Monica, glad you enjoyed KenpoX. A really fun workout. Congrats on getting thru the 2nd week.

Debra, I loved Charlotte's Web, the book and cartoon. Have got to see the new movie. Nice to know Core Syn wasn't as hard as you thought it would be. It'll be a new one for me too.

Tracy, you like Core Syn too, huh? Can't wait to try it.

Stephanie, glad you liked YogaX. I think it's okay and really good for me to do, but will probably do a different yoga this week. Hey, send your daughter this way, I could use a hair makeover too. LOL, bet she's pretty cute.

Sandra, another good one for KenpoX today! Nobody sounds like they are too draggy, all of us are "bringing it"! Love this check in.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.