X'ers Checkin.....Jan 13

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Classic/phase3/day6.......the count down is on!

Just wanted to get us started. I have kenpo x and will probably do 30 minutes of cardio before. Looking forward to all the posts later.

Tracy

Good morning. I have Kenpo X too. But first I have to grab some coffee and wake myself up. I spoke with my SIL yesterday who is a personal trainer and has a lot of knowledge about the body and we both agreed that I seem to have an iron defeciency and that is why I have been feeling fluish. So I am going to start taking iron supplements and I actually took one last night and it has helped me a little so far. My heart isn't pounding my chest really hard any more which was starting to freak me out a little. And I spoke with my DH about it last night and he is going to try to help me figure out what I need to help make me start feeling better. I don't eat meat but might have to start eating a little for health reasons.

I will try to catch up on personals, but right now it is a little hard because the in-laws are in town. I miss reading everything and might sneak away when I have a moment. Thank you all for your get wells, it makes me feel great to have all of your support. Keep working hard. And hopefully I can see what is going on with all of you soon :).

Take care,
Lea

Last night I did Ch-Sh-Tris. This was only my second time for it, but all went really well. I don’t love the push-ups, but I modify and the variety of different styles is kind of interesting. Also, I just love working the upper body for some reason. I wonder if I’ll be saying that by Phase 3! I used a cushy mat to do ARX and it helped my tailbone a lot, except I still couldn‘t do crunchy frogs. After it was over, the left side of my lower back by my tailbone really hurt, down into my left glute. I’m wondering if my back is out of whack and it’s causing some pain in that area. Also, it’s weird because when I do the oblique work on ARX, one side I do just fine and the other I can’t get in a comfortable position. I sure don’t want to lose any gains I’ve made in ARX, so maybe I’ll take it easy on YogaX today and not do the upward dogs or the yoga belly stuff. I’m really looking forward to those stretches, though. I wanted to thank everyone for your responses on my concern that I wasn’t seeing any weight increases. By doing the LEAN version, I realized that’s not the goal of this particular program. It’s just so interesting because the CLASSIC has all the same workouts, but the goals are different. Anyway, the LEAN is just what I want right now. When my muscles are more toned, then in March, I’ll plan on doing the CLASSIC rotation.

Traci - Wow, I’m terribly jealous of your trip! I hope you have a wonderful time, and get some much deserved relaxation. I love boating and water skiing, but haven’t been for ages. I’m just a water person, which is hard to be in mid America. Not many opportunities. It is kinda of unique having kids so far apart in ages. It’s difficult because they don’t all enjoy the same things, so vacations are hard to plan, but it’s nice in a lot of respects because older ones definitely help out with the little one. However, DH and I are realizing that we’ll probably be grandparents before the youngest has graduated from high school.! And we’ll be doing various events, and sports until we’re in our 50’s. Sometimes I wonder, “WHAT DID WE DO THAT FOR?” I’ll need to keep working out to have the energy to get through this! LOL!

Sandra - Congratulations on your accomplishments on your thesis! (Is that what you’re currently working on?) What field are you getting your Dr. in? I’ll bet it’s just such an amazing feeling to reach the goals you’ve set for yourself academically! And now you can relax for a little bit! Maybe you can catch a nap or get in some extra rest to help fight your fatigue. I know what you’re feeling. Every morning I wake up with that feeling from the previous evening’s workout. It takes me a while to get the blood flowing and the muscles warmed up. I’ve been known to do hamstring and lower back stretches in the shower!

DB - Don’t feel guilty about putting your workouts on hold. Obviously, your body is trying to tell you that it needs a break. The Classic looks like a very intense set of workouts, so take those breaks when you need them, is my philosophy. Like Traci, before P90X, I often took 2 or 3 rest days to let my body recuperate.

X - I always watch the black guy in KenpoX, too. Actually, I didn’t think Wesley got down into his horse stance all that well, either. I try to get as low as possible so I’ll feel that leg burn. I seriously doubt that the redhead is feeling anything. I still look ridiculous doing the “stars.” You have a little yellow lab? I LOVE labs! So friendly and smart. Ours weighs 120 lbs. though. He’s really overweight, although we don’t overfeed him. We live on a farm and he tends to eat some of the cattle feed as well as his regular meals. (Did I say they were smart? Well, most of them!) I really admire your commitment to the clean eating. You are going to see amazing results at the end of this thing. You’ve got will power of steel if you can eat clean during TTOM.

Lea - So glad you’re feeling better. Also, I’m really glad you found out why you weren’t feeling to well. Are you feeling well enough to continue to workouts at this point? Do you take vitamins on a regular basis? I don’t, and I know I should.

Debra - Another one going on a little excursion? Well, I hope you have a great time! Are you visiting a friend down there? That’s lucky that it happens to be on your rest week! Ch-Sh-Tris is one of my favorites, too. I modify most of the pushups, of course.

Jeanette - Oh, so nice having a four day break! Enjoy every minute of it! Are you going to workout the whole time? (LOL) Did you have a fun day with your mom? I still have to work on Monday! Well, an interesting weather system is coming through here so maybe the snow will get bad enough to cancel school and I’ll get an extra day, too. (I’m a teacher.) OK, that’s probably wishful thinking.

Monica - Did you end up doing CardioX yesterday? Like you , I sometimes take a tumble on parts of the YogaX. I just crack up when Tony says, “You might tumble, that’s OK.” I think in Core Syn. he comments on Adam, “Did you tumble? I think Adam tumbled.” and Adam admits he “tumbled.” It’s such a funny word coming from those guys for some reason. I have weird thoughts while working out after doing them so many times. BTW, there’s no way I’d do yoga in front of a bunch of guys, either. I know when doing those prayer twist behind the back grab thingys, I look so graceful! LOL! BTW, I LOVE DQ butterscotch sundaes. Have you tried the butterscotch dip cones? Oh, man! What part of the country do you live in? We’re supposed to get some freezing rain and a little bit of snow this weekend, too.

Laurie - Et, tu, Laurie? So many people going on get-aways! The water park sounds like so much fun! What age are your girls? Well, I know you’ll have a great time! It’s so nice to have a little R&R!

Tracy - I hope you’re not coming down with something. How did Legs and Back go? Were you able to complete it? I admire that you’re willing to try, but if you really feel crummy, it might be best to take a rest day. I know what you mean about hoisting yourself up on that pullup bar. I dread that after every leg segment during the whole workout. Do you do assisted pull-ups? I can only do about 8-10 assisted ones in each set.

Well, X'ers, have an X-tremely great weekend. I'll be looking forward to reading everyone's posts today and finding out what your all up to today.

Stephanie

Hey X'ers!

Long time no see. :) I'm still loving P90X! I just wanted to get a couple of things off my chest and then it's off to do KenpoX.

Since you're all up on the Tony/Drea/Ned love triangle I thought I'd mention that in Legs & Back it always breaks my heart at the end when they're doing the pot stirrers and he asks Sophia what kind of soup she has and she says lobster bisque and he says something about how it sounds too fattening or whatever. I don't know why this bothers me - probably b/c he's so busy praising Drea during this whole workout but telling Sophia to stand up straighter, straighten her leg more, blah, blah blah. And Sophia just seems sooooooooo nice, doesn't she? And Drea just seems soooooo....ummm....hmmmm......

Anyway, on the other hand, I still LOVE Tony anyway and really don't let that bother me other than that comment at the end. :) When you all had been talking about the love triangle I had mentioned it to DH, you know, like he's really interested. :p So the other day I said, "I really love P90X and I really like Tony." And he looks at me and says, "But he likes Drea." :7 Ah, he is listening! I thought that was pretty funny and thought you'd all get a kick out of it.

ETA: My shoulder is completely healed after going to pulldowns for the remainder of Phase 1, then recovery week and going back to normal workouts during Phase 2. On Phase 2 I do assisted pullups on the first round then pulldowns on the second round since I feel this gives me a better workout and hopefully is making me stronger.

Have a GREAT weekend everybody!!!!!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi X'ers,

Just checking in to see what's going on. Legs and back went good for me last night even though I really didn't feel that good. My muscles felt ok and I was able to do a few unassisted pull ups and more unassisted chin ups, but I have to cheat just a little and give myself a tiny boost to get the first one started. My legs have really gotten more defined again, like when I was doing freestyle. My husband commented this morning that I look the best I've ever looked, so that made all the hard work worthwhile.

I really feell like I'm working hard at this and maybe that is the added edge that's gotten the results.

Lea - I hope the iron helps and you feel better. I've finally realized that I need more protien than I was eating. I don't eat much meat. I don't see how you could manage this rotation without eating some meat, unless you are extremely saavy about food and nutrition. I would have to down so many whey protien drinks that I think I would get sick of them. I'm scared of too much soy because of comments with possible connections to breast cancer, plus I don't like how it tastes. If you find any resources related to non-meat protien sources I'd be intersted.

Stephanie - I usually try for whatever I can manage unassisted, which is none a lot of the time, then 10-12 assisted. I could do more but then I have to assist more. I'm wondering what is better, fewer with less assist or more with more assist. Be careful iwth your back. I strained mine almost 3 weeks ago and I think that it was during core syn and pushing myself when I didn't really have the core strength. It hurt in my lower back and glute; no fun.

Suz - Glad you stopped by! I was watching Dreya last night (L&B) and the way she kind of hops around after some of the exercises is annoying. Luckily I don't look up that often. Have fun with kenpox.

Tracy

Morning all!!!

Just doing a quick one right now. Will BBL. Today is KenpoX, but first I need to do GroceryShoppingX. I'm not sure when I'll get around to the workout, but you can bet that I will (eventually....).

Cheers,
Sandra

I'm hanging out at the computer today as kind of a break! I've been doing some online shopping.

Tracy - so glad Legs and Back went well for you. I also wonder what's better, fewer pullups with less assists or more assisted. I just had to comment about your DH saying you look the best you've ever looked! Now, that's what I call a compliment. That makes you feel so great, and motivates you to keep going!

Suz - LOL about Tony/Dreya/Ned love triangle. Monica and I have annoyed by Dreya too and all her overconfident bows and arm sweeps! Hey, how about when at the beginning of Legs and BAck when Tony goes on and on about how wonderful Dreya is, and all he can say about Sophia is that she's got good TEETH!

BBL!

Stephanie

Hi x'ers!

It's my weekly fly through and it looks like the gang has expanded a bit..!! GO X'ers!!!

Just wanted to mention to X- you will get there with Kenpox, I found myself practically knocking my self out with all those arm movements..it will come. I now use weighted wristweights because I plateaued quick with that one. But I still love it! I love KPC too a bunch, but the styles are very different I agree.

I see Suz has popped in tooo! We are 1/2 done over on the maniac thread. Meaning Phase 2 week 2 is done!!! YEah...and I'm happy to report I have lost 4 inches total. Can't say much about weight though 2 weeks ago I was up 6 pounds and haven't dared to weigh myself since.

Keep bringing it you inspirational ladies!!

:) :)

Amber

Oh forgot to mention....

Dreya..."she flies through the air with the greatest of ease"

it looks like I missed some scoop on the dreya tony drama...but I did see her in a law and order re-run the other day, she's pretty good!!

Amber

Hi to all this cool and wet morning!

Don't have time for personals now...We are selling our house and we have a showing in a little while...Keep your fingers crossed for us!!!! I was supposed to do PlyoX today...but I had a bit of an accident with my dog last night...I was taking her out for her last peepee of the day when she thought she saw a bunny and took off after it, pulling me down in the process! It turned out to be a dried hydrangea (sp) bloom that had blown off one of our bushes...So I was laying on my asphalt driveway at 10:30 last night with the dog licking my face. I have a very large and painful bruise on my butt-ocks and my lower back is a bit achy this morning. So, I'm thinking I will do a little yoga later today and see if this helps my back a bit...Don't think I'll be able to jump around with plyo!

Anyway, after my totally self-involved post I will bbl for personals! Hope you guys are all having a great weekend...And just wanted to say you guys are cracking me up with the Dreya and Tony gossip!!!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

>Oh forgot to mention....
>
>Dreya..."she flies through the air with the greatest of ease"

Amber....ARGH!!!!!!x(

Lea

Hi to all who have stopped by.

I did rythmic step up until the challenge and then kenpox. I tried to land as softly as possible and I think that increases the intensity. I felt good today which is surprising after the way I felt yesterday. I think I've lost just a little cardio conditioning. I didn't notice it when I rode my bike last week, but when I ran on Thursday and today I could notice an ever so slight difference in my stamina. I'm sure it will come back quickly, but it is definitely there.....

Debra - Sorry about the fall. Plyox is definitely not for a touchy back. I had to skip it one week too. Yoga did seem to help. I used to take my dogs out off leash in the front yard (not fenced) to pee and then they started running off for no reason, in the dark. No more privledges for them.

Tracy

Good afternoon,

Classic/Phase 2/Week 2/Day 6

Late check in today as we went to breakfast early, came home and DH and I did KenpoX, then some errands and on to Grandson's 8th birthday party. Just got back from that. Had a lot of fun there, took lots of pics. Ate chili and cornbread and then cake and ice cream. Hey, GS's birthday only comes once a year and I wanted to celebrate :7 . Will be going to see Night in the Museum with my mom tonite. Looking forward to it.

DH and I did KenpoX this morning. I didn't get a real intense workout as I would pause to show DH a combo move and help him with it. It was lots of fun doing this one and he was a good sport and attempted everything. About 2/3 of the way thru, both of our sons popped in and were making faces at him and giving him a teasing. DH then started to get a bit self-conscious but kept at it. I think he'll do better next time with the moves. Good workout and I had fun.

Cold today. Will try to do a short bike ride tomorrow later on in the afternoon if it warms up. The group ride probably won't happen as it will be too cold at 10 a.m.

Lea, that's good to know there may be a reason for feeling off. Hope you can take care of it easily and start feeling top notch again. Hope you enjoy your in-laws. Try to sneak back here if you can :7

Stephanie, I like CST myself and will be looking forward to increasing my weights again on Monday (hopefully). I like the variety in it. You don't repeat anything at all. I may try the lean rotation next time. Have you seen any results from this one? I love labs too. I lost our beloved black lab Shyanne, about 5 years ago. She is missed. Great dogs they are. I had a really nice time with mom yesterday and tonite she and I will be going to the movies so the fun is extended. No, I'll maybe ride my bike tomorrow and then do the regularly scheduled CST on Monday. Not much other working out, though the house could use some cleaning.

Hi Suz, glad you could check in today! Hope you enjoyed KenpoX. Did you use your weighted gloves? I love the little bit of burn I get in the shoulders when I use them. It's just enough right now. I enjoy Tony's personality immensely, but am always wondering what is going thru his mind when he's working out next to Dreya, correcting her um.. form, hugging his neighbor, etc. Sorry your trip to Colorado didn't happen. I hate driving on the ice. We didn't get any precip at all from this system, just cold, but not as cold as you have. Think we got down to 5 or 6 degrees this morning. Hoping for a little bike ride tomorrow afternoon if it gets into the 30's at all. Not sure.

Tracy, nice that your DH commented on your legs. Legs/butt are my tough part. I'm really pleased what P90X has done for my upper body. Lower is better, but needs more help. I too try not to look at Dreya flitting around. I'm sure you will easily get your cardio capacity back. Easily.

Amber, nice to see you on here. I read the Hardcores but no way can I keep up with another check in. Sorry I just couldn't manage posting personals for everybody and so late in the day too. Seemed like I hardly got a response because I would post late. Way to go on your 4 inches:7 :7 :7 That is just fantastic!!! I wonder if I've lost in places where we don't measure? Like my ankles or neck or something. Does that count?

Debra, hope the house showing is a successful one for you. Sorry that you had a spill with your dog. Yoga sounds like it would be good for you. A soak in the hot tub would be nice too.

Got to go now,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.