X'ers Checkin 12/20 WEDNESDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Wednesday Xers... Moving right along this holiday week...

CLASSIC / PH: 2 / WK: 3 / DAY: 4 (4 workouts to recovery week!!!)
Back & Biceps + Ab Ripper

Not much new to report.... I am ready for recovery week...}( I am ready for holiday food to go away.....}( I am ready for Final Phase to begin.}( My body is sore this week. Every workout feels like a full body workout.}(
My limbs are feeling like lead this AM so I will definately go back to eating breakfast before tackling workout. I am also planning on taking the tip here of splitting up ARX from B&B. Perhaps I will be able to feel like I can Bring It to ARX this way.

BTW: Was it Jeanette that went to Walmart in the PM 5 days before Christmas?????????? You are 1 brave woman!!!!

Hope all is well... Also sending "un-eventful vibes" to all those who are traveling & have family traveling this week. Be safe !
:7

Hi all,

CL/ph2/wk3/d4

Back and biceps and arx

I got up, didn't think and directly went and got arx done. One down...I'll have to use the rest of the day to gear up for back and biceps:)

Traci - I'm with you on the recovery week. I can't wait. My body couldn't take another week of this.

To all who follow, thanks for checking in. It's fun to hear about others' experiences with the program and their insights about working out.

Tracy

TRACY: Gotta try the "ARX while still groggy" strategy... I'm sitting here just builing the dread factor... Goal is to have ARX done before 7am. Can I call you "The Bull" for Bringing It so early?:7

(modified) Doubles/PH: 2/WK: 2/DAY: 4 (Yoga X tonight)

I've never checked in here before, but I've been reading all your posts. As you can see, I'm a fellow Xer (my first time through the program).

Anyways, I just wanted to leave everyone here with my favorite quote of the day (especially since both the Tracy(i)s have already posted that they're doing B&B today).

"Does anyone have tickets to the show? Does anyone have tickets to the show?" "What show Tony?" "This show!" --- that makes me laugh everytime I hear it. It's worth doing the whole workout just to here that.

Good luck everyone with your X workouts today. I'm really glad you started this check-in because it's great to know that others are going through the same pain I am.

Have wonderful holidays!

PHASE 1, WEEK 2, DAY 3, CLASSIC ROTATION

Well, I wasn't able to pull my butt out of bed in time this morning to do Shoulders & Arms and ARX before work. I am mad at myself, but I guess that I needed the rest. So it looks like I will be doing them when I get home from work tonight.

Tracy and Traci -- You guys have got me nervous about Phase 2. It sounds like it may be more difficult.

Oh well, I better start getting ready for work. Everyone have a great day,

Monica

Morning X'rs,

Classic/Ph1/Wk3/Day 7

Today is X Stretch for me and then starts recovery week. This is good because we are heading up to my parents starting on Friday, so I will be able to do a couple of workouts before we leave.

Debra, thanks for the info on KenpoX. I will have to remember that the next time I try it. I should have looked at your post before I attempted the work out last night. I have kenpo in the recovery phase, so I will tighten the abs for that one and see how it works out.

Sandra, thanks for the support on not watching the DVD before tackling it. I just don't have the time before I actually will be attempting the workout on Friday. At least I'm not working that day, so I can take my time if I need to rewind.

DB, welcome to the X check-in.

Have a

Mid morning Check In-
CLASSIC / PH: 2 / WK: 3 / DAY 4
Got ARX whipped out by 7am:7 Thanks for the push Tracy! I really feel this was my absolute strongest performance of this one! I was super focused on engaging core... paused for about 15-20 seconds after each move to stretch & loosen hip flexors and I actualy did V sit ups un-modified for first time. My abs are toasty now and thats a 1st for me w/ ARX! Only took me 7 weeks to Bring It! lol... I guess this really is a learning round for me. March will be a much stronger one I'm sure! That and no holiday foods to derail me!
Back & Bi will be completed before noon.

DB: Welcome & thanks for the quote... gotta be honest here and say I have NO recollection of that or any other phrases in Phase 2... Its been really difficult building this level.}( Check In any time... You are 1 day ahead of the rest of Phase 2 people here so you are now the resident PRO!

MONICA: Glad you took the additional minutes to rest this am. Remember that holiday times can be extra taxing on all of us - esp. women... be kind to yourself, Tony & Vodoo Doll will wait for you
;-) ... IMO Phase 2 Weeks 2 & 3 are by far the most challenging thus far... I feel like I am pushing my body to an entire new level..This was the point I guess but man is this a foreign feeling for me.

LAURIE: WooHoo & High 5 on making it through Phase 1 (I think?) How awesome its done before your holiday trip! ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY What are you planning for recovery week? Will you do as written or modify w/ other cardio & abs?

Happy day to all the rest to follow- I STILL cant find the voodoo doll! I got all excited yesterday thinking I saw it- upon closer examination it was a water bottle!:7

Hi Xers!

L/Ph1/Wk2/D9- subbed PlyoX for CardioX

Still love PlyoX, still have lots to achieve, working on good form. A great cardio burn. I haven't worked up to the sports "bonus" round but boy does it look like a bonus!

Hey DB, how's your doubles rotation going? Is this your first ride on P90X train? What are your goals...are you looking for muscle growth, fat burning, both? Just curious about Doubles.

Nutrition still in dire neeed of tweeking. But I keep thinking about Traci's comment yesterday which helped me so much: the workouts are still very beneficial it's just that the results won't be screaming with the absence of the clean eating component. I agree!

My goal will be to stay on plan today.

Have an Xcellent and Xtraordinary day!

X

SANDRA my dear....

Would you mind posting your recovery drink / protein bar / protein drink name/brands just 1 more time? I swear I keep writing it down & then I cannot find... perhaps its been wrapped in DH Xmas gifts???

I promise not to bother you again about this!!!!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{thank you}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Morning all!

CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 3/DAY 3:

It was Shoulders and Arms today for me. AbX will be tonite. Hard for me to do over an hour in the morning. Due to my poor cardio capacity yesterday with PlyoX I was a little tentative about my strength going into this one, but sure found out differently! I upped almost all of my weights and felt MAHVELOUS! I'm showing steady improvement in almost all areas so I'm jazzed. Quite the arm pump this morning too.

Traci, I did go to Walmart but it was at 6:30 or so so crowds mostly gone. My paint didn't match up too well so I'll be painting kitchen, living room, family room and hall after the holidays. It needs it anyway. Tonite I have to clean up the sheetrock dust, vacuum, etc. AND get my AbX in. I actually like AbX a lot. Sounds like Phase 2 is tough, but I'm ready to bring it. I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE LINE!!! Way to go on AbX this morning. I'm still looking for Senor Mysterioso also.

Tracy, hope Biceps & Back goes well for you. Way to get up and get AbX done. Can you or Traci explain why 2nd phase is so much harder?

Welcome, DB! Nice to have new people going thru what we are. Also, it's nice to hear what's coming ahead. What are your goals with P90X?
Which workout do we hear about the show?

Hey, Monica, I'm a little nervous about Phase 2 but KNOW that we can kick butt anyway. My dad always says "if it was easy, everybody'd be doing it". Hey, I think we're a cut above.

lvnascar, I'm looking forward to the rest and different routine next week. Will be good cuz my sister will be here visiting. Enjoy your trip.

X - I'm kind of a klutz on the sports round of PlyoX, especially throwing left handed. They all make me feel more athletic though. Stay focused on the clean eating today, it's worth it. I like feeling stronger, but I LOVE looking it. The right eating makes the difference there, I think.

Hi to all that follow!

Jeanette

Traci - Glad you like my early arx strategy. That way I have no time to think about how hard it is. I feel so much better when it's done, plus I'm seeing great results.

X - I still have lots to do on plyox and I was thinking about it last night as I did the 'rock star hops'. The first 10 were quiet landings, but the last 10 sounded horrible. And those fast tuck jumps; none of those are quiet. I can't imagine what kind of shape you have to be in to complete that workout and always land quietly.

DB - Glad you joined us check in when you can. I'm doing a modified doubles. I did more extra cardio in phase one. I have kept up with the extra leg work for phase 2 and slightly less extra cardio. I just can't manage it all.

I land too loud on the gap jumps, but I've increased my distance at least 10 inches. Oh well, more work to do.

I'm starving today, that's not good.

Tracy

Good morning.

Classic/Phase II/Week 3/Day 3

Traci - I am sooo ready for recovery week too. I am with you on the bod feeling so sore this week. Good luck on the back/biceps today. I all ready did that, and as much as I didn't want to work out this am, I actually upped my weight. 20's on biceps and sometimes 25's on back. ARX was a killer today. One of those times that I had to imagine myself with a six pack. Definately glad that yoga is tomorrow.

And you are starting a round 2 in March? That was my plan too, maybe doing doubles (gotta get bikini ready right?)

Tracy - Good job on the ARX. It is a mental challenge too isn't it? Good idea to do it when you are still waking up. Good luck with back and biceps today.

DB - Welcome! That Tony can really be a jokester huh?

Monica - Sorry that you couldn't do your am workout. Hopefully you will be able to do it tonight. And don't be so afraid of phase II}( .

lvnascar - Lucky dog. I love stretch X. And that fabulous recovery week. Have fun at your parents house.

X - Subbing Plyo X for Cardio X. You must have a lot of energy this am. Good luck with the eating. I know that it is soooo hard right now.

Jeanette - Good job on upping the weights. It's amazing what we can do when we put our mind to it.

Tomorrow is yoga X. Yay!!! Have a wonderful day everyone.

Lea

This morning was PlyoX (my favorite). I still have ARX to do but I'll save that for tonite. I may try to throw in a B&G premix but we have company in from out of town so may not be able to get in anything else.

My chest and tris are feeling it big time from Ch-Sh-Tri from yesterday. My shoulders never seem to feel it from that workout.

Monica- I hear you on not being able to get out of bed. It's cold up here and my bed is so warm; it took everything I had to get up. I've learned that if I don't work out in the morning, I'm a grouch for the rest of the day.

Traci - I'm ready for recovery week too. Sunday is my last day of this phase. Oh joy, Monday please get here.

DB - Welcome. I think Tony's pretty amusing in a dorkish kind of way. Some people find him annoying but I'm not one of them. Sometimes he just cracks me up.

Buffy

classic/ph 1/day 7/wk 3
Today is rest for me...I may be able to sneak in Stretch X later this afternoon...but I have been a busy bee cleaning out toys in my DD's room to make way for more toys from Santa!!! Next week is recovery week for me....For those of you who have done this before, or at least who are farther along then me I am looking for a little advice...Did you add any cardio to your recovery week? I haven't watched Core Syn yet, but I'm guessing this is not a cardio workout...Just let me know what worked in the past for you when you get time!

Buffy...Glad you had fun with plyo...I like this one too! Hope your chest and tris are easing off a bit!

DB...Welcome!!

Tracy..Good luck with Back and Bis tonight...Good for you for jumping up ready to go!

Monica...Don't feel bad about not getting up...I'm sure your body was trying to tell you something! Good luck with Shoulders and Arms tonight..It is my favorite strength training in this program so far!

Laurie...It looks like we are on the same rotation. I start recovery week too! Have fun at your parents house for the holidays!

Traci..Congrats on ARX...This is such a tough one!! I am glad you felt it in your abs..'cause I never do! Hope you are having fun with Back and Bis.. I was LOL about the voodoo doll (ie water bottle)...I thought the same thing on one of the videos!!!Congrats on almost making it through phase 2!!!

X....Good luck with staying on plan today...I struggle with the nutritional aspect as well. It's hard enough to eat well normally..and then at the holidays with all those cookies in the house!!! I tend to get lazy and not cook what I should...Although I did have baked chicken last night and I am planning on having Orange Roughy tonight! Now if I can just my veggies like a good girl! Glad you had fun with Plyo!

Jeanette..Glad you did so great with Shoulders and Arms!!! Congrats on upping your weights....I like the feeling of accomplishment I get when I see it on paper!! Even when I go to back to Cathe, I will use a notebook to track my weights. It really helps! It looks like you have your work cut out for you tonight with all the cleaning..Good luck!

Lea..Congrats on upping your weights...And have fun with Yoga tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a great day!! Think of me as I am studying Russian tonight!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

So, since I received a few questions through your posts, I thought I'd take a break from my insane work and reply (Being an Accountant has it's bonuses sometimes, but from December thru April it's pure agony!).

Here's the quick and dirty in regards to what my usual routine was pre-P90x: Big runner (did my 2nd 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours in October - very proud of that), probably between 20-30 mpw. That's not tons of running, but couple that with Cathe lifting and cardio, and it pretty much wore me out. I've never done intensive weight training due to my body shape. I never get "skinny", just sort of buff out (my arms have always been big and my belly is definitely where I hold my fat stores). However, through all my fitness readings, I've learned that building muscle is a better way to burn calories more consistently throughout a day vs. burning 700 calories in one cardio session. Also, seeing Cedie in the Cathe videos, who's also not skinny but seems to have my body shape, really helped me to focus on where I wanted my body to be.

I'm always looking for challenging tapes/DVDs to buy. My collection is probably VERY small in comparison to some, but I heard of P90x through the check-in forum here, did my research for a few months, and had to take the plunge. I started with a "modified" doubles because that's what was closest to my current workout schedule. I was so scared that I was going to gain weight the first 4 weeks (I'm not following the eating plan - I'm a pizza-a-holic), but after not being able to move after the first week, I thought my body's probably definitely burning SOMETHING, hopefully fat, and I'd just keep with it. Now, I do a double (cardio x and whatever weight video on schedule and ARX) on Sunday, and the other two double days I throw in a 20 minute treadmill run (heart rate at very limit of my max) pre-weight work and ARX. I've found that my running hasn't suffered too much (endurance a little lacking vs. the 13 milers I was putting in before), but my legs, arms and abs are REALLY developing. I may start the eating plan in phase III, because I think the results I already have would pop even more. I LOVE Tony and all his awesome jokes (I know that's corny, but it really helps get me through the workout). When I started this I wasn't really looking for results - just something different and challenging. Well, I got it! I definitely feel more confident about making up my own workouts once this is done.

Sorry to have gone on so long. All of your posts are awesome. I just don't get the same gratification and information from the posts at the Beachbody.com website. Thanks for starting this and I'll be back. Hope you all weren't bored to death reading my crazy long post. Its not often I get to expound on how wonderful this program is and how anyone who wants an intense fitness program should try it.

Have wonderful days!

Lean Rotation/Ph 1/Week 3/Day 1
Didn't get a chance to check in yesterday, but it was a heavenly, glorious, rest day! I woke up and first thing I thought was, "Yeah, rest day!" I wanted to thank Traci and Monica for their advice to just lay off the ARX last time and take a break. I feel much better and know that I will be ready to tackle it full force tomorrow. (I think?) We are begging off a holiday party today because DH and I just have so much to do. I feel a bit guilty, but my daughter's birthday is Friday and we have to get cakes baked, presents wrapped, and I still have to work on tomorrow!

DB - Welcome to the check in! I love Tony's goofiness, too, and find him enjoyable to work out with. Except when he's drooling over Dreya! LOL!

Monica - I'm also nervous about Phase 2. I just started Week 3 of the Lean Rotation, but this stuff already is kicking my butt!

Traci - I am so impressed that you have seen such great gains in the abs in a short 7 weeks. That in itself is keeping me motivated to stick with this and I can't wait until I'm farther along in the program.

X - You are really convincing me to try Plyo X in place of CardioX on one of the days. I haven't previewed it yet, but the way everyone talks about it, it sounds great. I see you're doing the Lean Rotation, too. What kind of results are you getting at this point? Are we at about the same place? Also, I'm not really following the eating plan, but I am trying to watch my carbs and increase my proteins. However, I do feel like I am getting some results, especially in my abs.

Happy Workouts everyone!

Stephanie

>classic/ph 1/day 7/wk 3
>Today is rest for me...I may be able to sneak in Stretch X
>later this afternoon...but I have been a busy bee cleaning out
>toys in my DD's room to make way for more toys from Santa!!!
>Next week is recovery week for me....For those of you who have
>done this before, or at least who are farther along then me I
>am looking for a little advice...Did you add any cardio to
>your recovery week? I haven't watched Core Syn yet, but I'm
>guessing this is not a cardio workout...Just let me know what
>worked in the past for you when you get time!
>
>Buffy...Glad you had fun with plyo...I like this one too!
>Hope your chest and tris are easing off a bit!
>
>DB...Welcome!!
>
>Tracy..Good luck with Back and Bis tonight...Good for you for
>jumping up ready to go!
>
>Monica...Don't feel bad about not getting up...I'm sure your
>body was trying to tell you something! Good luck with
>Shoulders and Arms tonight..It is my favorite strength
>training in this program so far!
>
>Laurie...It looks like we are on the same rotation. I start
>recovery week too! Have fun at your parents house for the
>holidays!
>
>Traci..Congrats on ARX...This is such a tough one!! I am glad
>you felt it in your abs..'cause I never do! Hope you are
>having fun with Back and Bis.. I was LOL about the voodoo
>doll (ie water bottle)...I thought the same thing on one of
>the videos!!!Congrats on almost making it through phase 2!!!
>
>X....Good luck with staying on plan today...I struggle with
>the nutritional aspect as well. It's hard enough to eat well
>normally..and then at the holidays with all those cookies in
>the house!!! I tend to get lazy and not cook what I
>should...Although I did have baked chicken last night and I am
>planning on having Orange Roughy tonight! Now if I can just
>my veggies like a good girl! Glad you had fun with Plyo!
>
>Jeanette..Glad you did so great with Shoulders and Arms!!!
>Congrats on upping your weights....I like the feeling of
>accomplishment I get when I see it on paper!! Even when I go
>to back to Cathe, I will use a notebook to track my weights.
>It really helps! It looks like you have your work cut out for
>you tonight with all the cleaning..Good luck!
>
>
>Lea..Congrats on upping your weights...And have fun with Yoga
>tomorrow!
>
>Hope everyone has a great day!! Think of me as I am studying
>Russian tonight!!
>
>Debra
>
>Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella
>Williams

Debra - You are right Core Synergistics is not a cardio workout. I personally added a bit of cardio to the recovery week, but then again, I'm doing sort of a modified doubles program, i.e., I add two more cardio sessions a week on top of the Plyox and KenpoX workouts (sometimes I substitute KPC for Kenpo because KPC is more intense). I'm really addicted to cardio coach and I can't get through the week without a couple thrown in. BTW, I'm trying to lose that last bit of body fat that seems to be hanging on and that's why I do the extra cardio.

Buffy

Stephanie...Glad you had a great rest day...Sounds like you have plenty on your plate without a holiday party to go to!

DB..You have certainly had a journey with fitness. Congrats on completing your half marathons!! That is a REAL accomplishment!! I like checking in here, too, instead of beachbody...Anyway, welcome!

Buffy...Thanks for your input on the added cardio...I think I will a little cardio maybe 2 or 3 30-45 minute sessions...I think I'll feel better if I add it. I'll feel guilty if I don't!!!

Have a great evening, ladies!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

CL/PH1/WK3/Day3

Hi! Insane day today. I'm deliberately taking a break and letting things continue in chaotic fashion around my little bubble.

I did Shoulders & Arms today, and Ab RipperX. Did alls 40 mason twists without a break!! Woohoo!

Man, the baby is pulling at me and crying. She wants her "soooaahh" (soother). Thank heavens for big sisters who can run and get it for her....

Traci - Bar: PowerBar Harvest Bars (double dipped chocolate is my favourite); Recovery Drink: Boost (regular, NOT the extra-calorie one LOL!).

Okay, my time out is timed out. I'll try to be a bit more chatty tomorrow, 'cause I know you all don't spend enough time reading emails :)

Cheers,
Sandra
-forearms still seem to be inflated 8 hours after my workout!!

I'm back, sheesh, it's almost bedtime! Had to come home and clean up sheetrock dust and vaccuum. I hate sheetrock dust, but at least it's done now.

I just finished AbX and did well (I think). The mason twists are getting easier. Actually all of it is getting easier. Hope I'm not adapting too much. Tomorrow is YogaX in the morning and I'm going to do a Cardio Coach (short one) in the evening on the bike.

Sandra, I totally understand not having time for personals. It's tough for me nowadays, but next week I'm off so should be able to devote more time. Wow, your forearms are still inflated? It's always my biceps. To tell you the truth, I've never felt the "pump" before until P90X. Honest to God truth.

Tracy, I won't be doing PlyoX for a couple of weeks but I'll try to think about the landings and using my core. Great thinking on your part.

Lea, Wow! 20's on biceps. I picked up my 20's today for some bicep work in Shoulders and Arms and it wasn't going to happen yet. Maybe later. I'll be doing YogaX with you tomorrow.

Buffy, I like Tony too. He doesn't annoy me at all. Goofy doesn't bother me usually.

Debra, you're right about writing down the weights when doing Cathe. I've never done it and I don't seem to advance because I'm afraid of going slower than her. Think that's what's been holding me back, "choreographed lifting". I hate being left behind. Love P90X cuz I can do my own thing. I'm hoping to get some more bike riding in next week as I'm off work. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate to allow it.

DB, nice to hear your exercise background. Sounds like you are getting great results. I'm in the 3rd week and definitely seeing upper body results, lower are slower but I do see them.

Stephanie, hope you enjoyed your rest day. It is sooo hard for me to rest. What I usually do on a rest day is ride my bike because I don't really consider it a workout like step or weights, but really it isn't resting. I just feel like it's play to me.

Talk to you all in the morning.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.