X'ers check in...Sunday Jan 14

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

I hope everone is enjoying their weekend. I couldn't sleep, so I'm up early which is really a bummer on the weekend when I should be catching up. Today is rest or stretch x. I'll do some yoga instead and probably some legs:) I figure if I do two 50 minute yoga sessions per week that makes up for the 1.5 hours of yogax.

Sandra - Still enjoying your days off from the dissertation? How was kenpox?

Jeanette - I hope it warms up enough for you to get a bike ride in. Glad kenpox went good. I used the weighted gloves and felt like I got a pretty good workout in. Still struggling with the cardio thing because I do mentally enjoy my endurance based cardio. There's just nothing like a good long ride or run. What can I say?

Debra - I hope your are feeling better today.

Amber - Glad you lost some inches. I didn't take measurements but I think I've lost some inches. No telling about the weight, it's probably up because I'm definitely more muscular, but I don't do the scale either.

Stephanie - How's the tailbone/back? I'm still nursing my back a little, sleeping on the hard floor, and being really careful with what I do.

Lea - I hope you are enjoying the visit from the in laws.

Traci - Did you enjoy your trip to the bay? Were you able to get in the cardio c?

I'm going browsing on line for some new step for my month after p90x.

Wishing great workouts to all.

Tracy

LEAN/Phase 2/Week 6/Day 5

Good Morning X-ers! It’s bitter cold here this weekend, so we’ve been staying inside, reading, playing games, and watching movies. Today I’ll have to get in gear and do some laundry and house cleaning. I did YogaX yesterday, and it didn’t seem to do anything worse for my back, but I did feel twinges on the left side of my lower back when doing moves on the right side. Tailbone is still sore, but I padded up the floor and could do most of the floor work OK. I’m not sure if this will just get better on its own, or if I should take a rest day. I have Legs and Back today, followed by KenpoX tomorrow, and then a rest day. I might have to substitute something for KenpoX. I think all that twisting will aggravate my lower back.

Tracy - I’ll bet Rhythmic Step was a fun change. Do you think maybe you’ll be able to take a nap today since you didn’t get much sleep last night? I’ll bet it’s fun looking for new workouts post P90X! What are you thinking about getting? I just received my replacement Cathe DVD’s and I’m looking forward to doing those a little since I only did each one a couple of times before I started P90X. I really like Drill Max!

Jeanette - How was Night at the Museum? I really want to see that. I think Ben Stiller is hilarious! Did you say you had an 8 year old grandson? That’s not possible! You look fantastic in your picture trail pictures. That’s an inspiration for me, as I keep worrying about the effects of aging on my fitness abilities. I’m 37 right now, and Cathe’s high impact stuff has been killing my joints. It’s lucky I found Tony! I didn’t know I could maintain this level of fitness without so much impact on my body. At first, I wasn’t seeing any results from the LEAN rotation, but just during this week I’ve really started to see my body change. I don’t know how I would describe it, but my DH just said yesterday I looked more “athletic.” I didn’t take any measurements or anything because I didn’t want to be disappointed if nothing happened, but I definitely have more muscle tone all over, and I’ve lost 2 lbs. The biggest change is in my core, which the CLASSIC people are probably seeing, too. I can actually do more push-ups than I ever could, but I think it’s due to a stronger core. I think I’m seeing the beginnings of a 2-pack. (LOL)

Sandra - How did GroceryShoppingX go? Did you get around to KenpoX yesterday? What workout do you plan on doing today?

Debra - Sorry about your accident. How’s it feeling today? Did the yoga help any?

Traci - Hope you pop in for a second when you get back from your trip. Today, we’re supposed to have a high of 16 degrees!

Wishing everyone an X-cellent Sunday!

Stephanie

Hi ladies!!

Stephanie...Well, we're a pair aren't we! Sorry to hear about your tender back...Hope it's feeling better. Congrats on the changes you are seeing in your physique! It's great you DH has noticed too! Good luck with legs and back...That shouldn't put too much strain on your lower back..but take it easy!

Tracy...Hope you have fun with shopping for your new step! Good luck with yoga today...I felt better last night after getting in a little Bryan. I hate waking up early on the weekends...well, in fact I hate waking up early anytime...I am not a morning person.

Jeanette...Tell your husband how proud we are of him over here for giving the X a try...It's great that he is working out with you...and keeping with it! Good for you too, for helping him with all the combos on kenpo! Hope you get your ride in today...we have some ice on the ground this morning, but hopefully that will melt off later.

Well, I am undecided what to do today since my butt-ocks still really hurt! I did 50 minutes of yoga yesterday..and felt pretty good...my back is a little tender, but not too bad...So..I need to catch up on a cardio day, but not sure if I'm up to PlyoX...I thought about CardioX, but then remembered the Dreya rolls and bananas...and that's not happening! So I may pull out a Cathe today...Rhythmic Step maybe (thanks Tracy) or maybe even Imax 2..I'm so familiar with that one, it will be easy for me to modify if my back starts to get tweaky. Anyway, I won't be attempting any of them until this afternoon..I have some phone calls to make this morning and then my DD has a b-day party to attend at Chuck E Cheese. Hopefully I'll be able to get a decent lunch (somewhere beside Chuck's of course) and then get a grocery store run in. Normally Monday is my shopping day, but I am actually helping out with my DD's school tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed for me...I will be with 40 or so 3-6 year olds for about 4 and a half hours!!! I'm sure my ears will be ringing when I get home!!

Anyway, happy day to all!! I'll check in this afternoon!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Tracy - Sorry, I misread your post. I thought you were looking for new step workouts, not a new step. My comments probably didn't make any sense. (LOL) I think I need more coffee!

Debra - Wow, sounds like you have a couple of full days in the works! There's no way I could do Dreya rolls, either. (too bad!
;-) ) I can kind of do bananas, but definitely NOT the boats. I'm doing what I can, and it sounds like you are, too. Let us know what you decide to do. IMAX 2 sounds really fun at this point. Maybe I'll sub that for KenpoX tomorrow.

Stephanie

Good morning Crew!

I'm around today, but will have to post a longer reply later. Yes, I did do KenpoX y-day (there's a story there) and GroceryShoppingX. Right now I'm off to go pick up a few items from another grocery store, then take DD1 to the pet shop to get some tubes for her hamster to run through.

I'm in the swing of PMS bloat and mood swings. Ugh. It's making me very anxious. I want to go running back to Cathe intense cardio 6 days a week, (I'm getting fat!), but I'm resisting. Deep breathing. It's only PMS. And hormones.

Okay, be back later,
Sandra

Hi,
Too cold for the group bike ride for me today (in the 20's), but it's already up to 33 so I think this afternoon I will do an easy spin. Am doing housework now, visiting with DS and relaxing. Will check back later.

Jeanette

Hi,

Classic/Phase 2/Week 2/Day 7

I did a bike ride by myself this afternoon, though it was 36 degrees when I got back. Always harder to exert yourself in those conditions. Rode into a breeze going out so that was even colder.

Tracy, glad you liked the weighted gloves. Yep, I feel it more when I wear them and it gives my shoulders more of a workout, which I like. Have you tried any of the Christi Taylor step tapes? They are more complex but I like the music and the challenge of them. I also like her hi-lo work.

Stephanie, sounds like the back is a bit better for you. I enjoyed Night At the Museum last night. It was funny and entertaining. Mom liked it too. I have a couple of grandchildren, but really, they are from my step-daughter (who I raised and love dearly). My DH and I were married when she was 4 years old. She is now 32 and a real sweetie! Thanks for the compliments. I'm now 48 and feel fantastic, no aches and pains, thank God. So far, the curve is still heading upward, and I'm faster on the bike than I was 7 years ago so time hasn't hurt anything. Age is just a number. I ride bikes regularly with people in their 50's, 60's, and 70's that can blow me away any day they want, they are so fit. That's great that your DH is noticing some results in your P90X rotation. That's exactly the word I used when I first started seeing some results too "more athletic". I like that and bet you do too. Way to go on the 2 pack! Your hard work is definitely paying off and you've lost 2 pounds!!!

Debra, I will tell my DH about how proud you are for him trying some of P90X. I think that will motivate him more. Today is a rest day for him, plus he worked overtime out in the cold today. He's enjoying the game right now and then we'll watch a Sherlock Holmes movie. Tomorrow is a day off so I'll see if he wants to join me with some of C-S-T and then maybe we'll do a walk with the girls (our dogs). Helping him with KenpoX definitely lowered my intensity, but hey, it was worth it to help him get some of the combos down. No biggee for me, it's all good. Hope you have a good time helping out the kiddos. I'd offer you some earplugs or earbuds, but that might be frowned upon. Oh yeah, my butt-talks are sore today too. Every week after Legs & Back and KenpoX they are sore. Can you believe it?

Sandra, I had the bloat earlier this week and last week. I just kept slamming water and hoping it would go away. It did. Why, oh why does this body feel the need to retain water during TTOM? Wish someone could answer this for me. My DH put together a new hamster cage yesterday for our granddaughter. It had all kinds of tubes and balls and stuff to it. Guess they like that kind of thing? Can't wait to hear about yesterday's KenpoX for you. What happened?

Kind of a slow day posting, huh? I'm ready to bring it good for tomorrow's C-S-T.

Traci, are you back? Hope you had a nice weekend.

Jeanette

CL/PH2/WK2/Day7: rest/XStretch

Hi!

I haven't gotten round to XStretch today, although I'm hoping to by time the day is out. I have to start making supper soon.

I'm going to start by reviewing yesterday's posts, then come back to today.

Lea - the heart pounding sounds very alarming! I hope it is indeed only (!) an iron deficiency. It's too bad you don't feel you can stick to vegetarian eating. I'm not a vegetarian, but I do think it's a wonderful way of eating and I highly support it. Today I made Nancy Clark's Molasses, Flax, Date muffins. Have you ever made those? They're tasty, not overly sweet, and packed full of the good stuff. I selfishly look forward to your in-laws going home :) You need your internet play time!

Stephanie - Oooooh, too bad the tailbone is so sore. It certainly sounds like there's something going on down there. My area is the Sociology of Work, Industrial Relations, and Unions. A lot of political science in thrown in there, too. What area is your master's in? I think you told us a long time ago, although my memory might have you mixed up with someone on another check in. Online shopping, huh? What'd you buy me? (hey, it's my kid's favourite question...)

Suz - Nice to see you! And even better news to hear that your shoulder is doing so much better.

Tracy - LOVE the comment by the hubby!!! I have a husband who, gotta love him, doesn't seem to notice a bit if I gain weight, but gotta hate him, also doesn't seem to notice when I improve things. There are different ways to assist yourself during a pull/chin up. I think if you can do only a few unassisted ones, then when you reach fatigue, assist yourself to do more, but make it one of the tougher ways to assist (i.e., lower stool height). I'm confident the cardio conditioning will come back "with the greatest of ease"....Did you say Hi to Cathe for me when you did RS yesterday? That was a long workout for you!

Amber - Hi! Wow!! Down 4 inches, but up 6 pounds! I don't want to mess with you in a dark alley LOL! Great work!

Debra - how did the house showing go? Have you already bought a new home? Are you planning to move far? Why are you moving? (nosy, aren't I? :) ). Take care of that butt-ock and back. It's so annoying when Life impedes your workouts! OMG - your day tomorrow sounds......ah.....like you must love your DD very much LOL!!

Jeanette - awwwww, your GS turned 8? That's a great age! How many GC's do you have? How old are they? The chili and cornbread sounds smashingly delicious. What movie did you go to see with your Mom?

Traci - I hope you had a great trip!

I did KenpoX yesterday, as planned, but it took longer than I anticipated. We had our drywall delivered yesterday, by a couple of DH's co-workers. Since our basement is in the process of being finished, I started KenpoX in the living room. The guys came *hours* earlier than we thought they would, so they interrupted me just after the warm up x( . A mild annoyance, but I can deal with that. The plan was they would deliver the drywall through the basement window. So I went back to the workout. Next thing I know, they're traipsing through the house....kind of like Monica's DH's bandmate showing up early! I was very self-conscious, and getting quite rankled. x( x( Soon after, they went back outside. So I tried to relax into the workout again. Then DH informed me that my assistance was required in getting the drywall into the house x( x( x( I was NOT a happy camper. Aggravated beyond measure. So, 15 mins into KenpoX I went into the basement and helped DH carry in the drywall. About 20 minutes of heavy lifting. So glad I've gotten used to it. The guys finally left, and I finished KPX - 2 hours after I started it. So, it wasn't a great experience, but at least it got done. I just found it extra annoying to have all the interruptions because it was the one workout of the whole week where I had DH at home to take care of the kids. Every workout this past week had children-related interruptions; I wanted one that I could just DO. Oh well. I can always just not do the workouts, but then I'm even worse off, aren't I?

I had a really good eating day today. I've eaten a lot of sugar and "treat" foods on Fri and Sat, due to PMS, and today I realized I needed to counter it with some strong doses of healthy foods: Vector cereal for breakfast, tuna salad with field greens and avocado for lunch, an orange, ww tortilla with natural peanut butter and chopped dates for a snack, salmon teriyaki with brown rice and baby carrots for supper. Lime soft tofu for dessert. I feel really good now. The anxiety has flown the coop. I definitely have noticed a trend between my percieved anxiety levels, my food intake, and my hormone cycles. I need to stay away from high levels of simple carbs, and make sure I get good doses of omega fats. And eat leafy green veggies. And lots of water.

Is anyone familiar with books/resources that talk about how women should eat, to stay in sync with their hormones? I know there's books about how menopausal and post-menopausal women are effected by their diets. Is there anything for the pre-menopausal woman?

See you tomorrow!
Sandra

Hi everyone. Just wanted to pop in to say hello. No workout today. Lots of football though. I told DH that I definately need computer time on Tuesday (in-laws leave Monday night) to catch up with you guys. I miss you!!

Have a great workout tomorrow. Talk with you soon.

Lea

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.