X'ers Check In Sunday 12/24 Happy Christmas EVE!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Good morning wonderful P90X gang! What a GLORIOUS day it will be I'm sure! Up at 1am due to a mad man SNORING ..... Thank goodness I love mornings!

CLASSIC: Week 4 RECOVERY!!!!! Zippity Do Da!

Like most of you I am flip flopping today & tomorrow... Core Syn today and off tomorrow. If I have down time tomorrow I may do something but its doubtful!;-) Hope today I can find the love for Core Syn... Not one of my favs but cant pin point why... I will look for VooDoo Doll today as that may help me focus.... My mind wanders all over w/ this one!

LEA: I agree totally that Tracy's reminders & tips on Kenpo X make a world of difference! I love using my 1# gloves and getting really low in horse stance in order to execute. Welcome to recovery week! Can you believe we only have 1 more stretch to go?... Are you going to take measurements and report for us at end of recovery week? I get so excited about those #s!!:7

TRACY: You must have really had strong legs if never any DOMS! I bow to you!! My booty is where I feel Legs & Back the most...I'm telling you its those pesky sneaky lunges!:7
Welcome to your recovery week as well!

JEANETTE: An Ironman? Oh my it must be motivational to have "fitness minded" friends! You guys are my only contact in the entire world w/ fitness buffs.. I really doubt I'd have made as much progress this past year without this forum. I am so thankful! So excited for you and your gloves! I just adore mine as I am always looking for low impact ways to increase intensity... at 43 my knees just need a break once in awhile from high impact. ;) Hope your first recovery week meets / exceeds all your expectations

MONICA: CONGRATS on finishing week 2! :D I am so happy that I didnt wait til first of year to start all this... Even tho eating hasnt been as "perfect" as I'd like I am still jazzed about all I think I have learned about my body, nutrition as fuel etc....I feel as I have taken all my fitness knowledge and finally have seen the light as to how it all fits together for my body. My greatest concern is already how I will translate this into Cathe rotations. LOL: I think we just found our next check in group!!!

DEBRA: I still struggle with parts of Core Syn.... I cant quite take a liking to anything that has banana in its name! You must be very strong and limber to find it fairly easy. Hope Santa got all his chores done without a hitch... I'm one of those creepy people that shops all year round so I am 100% complete by Dec 1... }( DH on the other hand was MIA for 4 hours last night and walked in door just a bit frazzeled! lololol

STEPHANIE: You are so sweet to thank me for keeping check in going... purely selfish as my attention span on rotations is that of a peanut... I just love getting to know each person here and find it hugely motivational to know that I have accountability. I think Tracy is dead on about working out alone being a bit challenging at times.;-)

SANDRA: I ADORE your "power lost" story!!! You are my greatest inspiration ... When we met on the other check in months ago I knew you were a force to be reckoned with and you have not disappointed!:D Your commitment to excellence and adhereing to all aspects of whatever program you are doing is a lesson for me in consistency. I think thats what I've always lacked before. Thank you for bringing so much more to me than just a P90X check in. I think I'm going to follow you to your next check in area when you're done here! LOLOLOL... can you say stalker?:D }(

Happiest of Holidays to all my wondersul fellow X'ers! However you choose to celebrate I hope its safe, happy and filled with joy!
Many Many Hugs to each of you for being the BEST EVER!

Good Morning and I wish you all a wonderful Christmas Eve! Can you believe it's already here? I'm up early this morning because I need to get in my Legs and Back workout before my family begins showing up and we'll be busy until bedtime. So many of you really like this workout, but it has a real dread factor for me. I'm on the check in first this morning because I'm putting off doing the workout until I absolutely have to do it! Only two more workouts until recovery week, though! I'll keep that in mind as I'm grunting and struggling my way up that pull up bar while Dreya's pumping out pull up after pull up like it's no big deal. I did YogaX last night and I'm surprised at how much better I've gotten in three short weeks, although I still don't have the form or strength that Tony and his crew have - YET.

Tracy - I can relate with the mad man SNORING! LOL! There's many nights I have to crawl into my DS's bunkbed to get any sleep. Congratulations on your recovery week - I'm jealous and can't wait for mine. It looks like a great week - A couple of YogaX workouts, KenpoX, Core Synergistics, and Stretching. Ahhhhh!

Well, enough procrastinating. Legs and Back is waiting for me so I'll wish you all a wonderful Christmas Eve!

Stephanie

Hi X'ers. Happy Christmas Eve!!!

I am going to do my yoga X today instead of tomorrow so that I can concentrate on Christmas and the kids and not have to worry about it.

No time for personals now, but BBL if I have the time.

Good luck to everyone today. Hi to all and enjoy your day!

Lea

Merry Christmas Eve!

CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 3/DAY 7

Today I'm doing our club's Sunday group ride. Hope it warms up some by 10:00 a.m. Later on I'll do StretchX. I'm planning on YogaX or some other yoga tomorrow morning as no one will be up for a while anyway so I'll just stay on schedule. Oh yeah, my right shoulder (outside muscle, not sure what it's called) is a little sore in a good way from KenpoX and the weighted gloves.

Traci, let me know how Core Syn goes, I'm really curious and looking forward to doing that one. Where are you supposed to look for the voodoo doll? I haven't seen it at all yet, though I know what it looks like from a P90X thread. I'm curious about your comment as to Recovery Week meeting my expectations. Will I notice something magical about it? I'd love to shed a few pounds, though the scale has not really budged, nor has the bodyfat% changed either (Tanita scale). I do feel leaner and looking at myself yesterday in jeans, my legs seem thinner for some reason. I think you posted your stats after 30 days so I should go back and look. Did you have this check in started then? Or should I look in the WW thread?

Stephanie, I hope Legs & Back flies by for you. I do like this workout for some reason, guess because there are no repeats on the legs stuff. Good plan for doing YogaX today.

Must go, will BBL.

Jeanette

Merry Christmas to all you fine "X-er's" out there! It is sure nice to see everyone still "bringing it" even with the holiday season. Not sure about the rest of you, but my eating has been cr*p! I will get better once tomorrow is over!

Classic/phase 2/week 5/ Day 1

Did Chest, Shoulders and Tri's today. I still cannot do a push up on my knees unless I do them cold and only half way down. I can get about 4 or 5 then it's all over. Needless to say, all of these were on my knees and the one arm ones were no where to be found! I just did regular ones. Oh well, as Tony says, do your best and forget the rest!

I am with you all about Core syn. I did not like most of it because I couldn't do the excercises.. forget about those bannana boat things!

Hope you all have a great holiday!

Deb:+

Deb,

Glad you could make it to the check in today! My eating has been total cr*p, too, and I still have to go to my in-laws on the 26th! That's the one that really scares me, because I mentioned before that they are huge eaters, and there is a lot of garbage like chips, sweets, cheese on everything, etc. And they keep it all out all day, so I'm always tempted to nosh all day! Grrrr! Chest, Shoulders, and Tri's sounds really intense! I haven't done it yet And did you say you they do one arm push ups? Yikes! Good luck finishing this week!

Stephanie

Hi all,

Classic / phase2/ 3rd week day7

I'm taking a welcome break from the holiday preparations. I’ve been cooking all morning. We are having our holiday gathering at my house this year and I’m doing most of the vegetables. That’s good for me because I can control what goes into them and then I’ll have something to eat that is not too terrible. Hopefully I can keep up flavor and cut the fat; sometimes that works and sometimes not:)

Today is a rest day, but I’m going to do some step instead. I plan to do yogax tomorrow unless I don’t have enough time then I’ll do core syn. My kids are older and I should be able to spare the time. After all of the comments, I’m going to get some 1lb gloves.

Traci – I’ve lived with a snorer for the past 24 years. I think I must sleep like a zombie because only on rare occasions does it bother me. Sorry you had to get up that early, I couldn’t function. I hope you can find the beauty in core syn. It just works the core so efficiently. I can’t wait to do it twice this week.

Lea – This is off topic, but I looked at your avatar. The kids are so cute. How far apart are they in age? Mine are almost exactly 2 years and of course, much older. The picture reminded me of when mine were that age.

Jeanette – I hope you enjoy your ride. For me it feels good to do something that I’m familiar with.

Deb – I don’t envy you on ch/sh/tri. That one is mentally very challenging for me. I had a revelation the last time and decided it requires a tremendous amount of core strength to do all of those push up variations. My core is better, but not that strong yet!

Stephanie – I was cursing the last time I did the bar stuff on legs and back. I felt good, but it’s so X*& hard. At least all the bar work is semi doable. I tried doing different modifications like one leg assist, no assist on the negatives etc. I feel like I burn a tremendous amount of calories, but who knows.

Sandra – Did planning your food help to keep you eating the right stuff? Glad you were able to finish even without the power. Having the manual is a benefit. There is nothing I hate worse than to have my workout interrupted.

Happy Holidays to all,

Tracy

Merry Christmas Eve..or Festivus..or Chrismukah...or whatever..anyhoo, Happy day!!!!!

Today is YogaX for me...I'm in the middle of my first recovery week and am really looking forward to starting phase 2 next week. I'll be happy to have some different videos to do! I am planning on taking tomorrow off to play with my DD!!

Deb...Don't beat yourself up over not keeping with the eating plan...I am a big believer in enjoying all that the holidays have to offer..It only comes once a year!! Just keep up with your workouts, which it certainly sounds like you are doing, and you'll get back on track after the first of the year!! Good luck and have fun!!

Jeanette...Hope you had a great time on your ride this morning. Glad you had a good workout with the gloves yesterday! I may have to invest in some of those myself, just to bring a little more to the workout. Good luck with YogaX in the morning...Maybe you can invite St Nick to join you...I'm sure he has to stay limber to get down all those chimneys!!! I really thought that this Charlotte's Web was well done..Very cute with enough adult stuff to keep you interested. I thought my DD would be upset when Charlotte died, so I told her about it ahead of time (she can be a little emotional)..So during the movie, I was the one who was crying!! My DD turns to me and puts her hand on my cheek and says "Oh mommy, you don't have to cry!"

Stephanie..Yes, I am a huge Seinfeld fan!! I'm sure your hair must have been lovely after your DD finished with it! Glad you felt good after YogaX..that one has a bit of a dread factor for me! Hope legs and back went well for you today. Have fun with your family!

Sandra...God bless you for finishing legs and back!! I would have probably just bagged it. That took a HUGE amount of motivation!!! WOW!!

Traci...Hope you enjoyed Core Syn today....I did NOT mean to give the impression that I thought it was easy..only not as hard as I thought!! I will enjoy it more next time since I'll know what's soming. I can see myself using this one after my initial rotation is over. Hope you found that voodoo doll!!!!

To anyone I missed and all who follow...Have a great day and have fun with the season!!! I'll be around on the boards until my DH comes home on the 28th...Then I'll probably be out of pocket for a while!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Tracy..We were posting at the same time...Hope you have fun with step today! One thing I really miss is Cathe!!!!! Have fun with your family over the holiday...and good luck fitting in YogaX tomorrow!!

Debra

Hi all,
Had a nice bike ride this morning. Pretty cold, 35 degrees when we started. Did 28 miles and felt pretty good, averaged 16.2 mph overall. Not too bad for winter and all the clothes you have to wear. Will try to get StretchX in tonite. Have to run uptown now.

Deb, I have a week until CST so I won't worry about the 1 armed pushups. I can't even imagine. I haven't previewed that one yet at all. Maybe I won't to avoid the dread thing.

Stephanie, I'm going to just try to eat smaller portions and try not to go hog wild. Hey, it's Christmas and I've been pretty good on my eating so far. I know it's hard when faced with all that tasty food.

Tracy, what kind of veggies are you cooking? I'm always looking for something new that everyone might enjoy too, that's halfway healthy.

Debra, sounds like I've got to see Charlotte's Web soon. I'll probably be bawling my head off too. The bike ride was great this morning. Just 2 of us out. I always feel like we are the lucky ones to get to ride and get out in the weather and fresh air. Feels soooo good.

Got to go,

Jeanette

Got my XStretch in tonite too. My hamstrings are less tight and my spinal twist was better too. Good stretch tonite.

Jeanette

Jeanette...You crazy woman! What are you doing posting so late!! I thought I was the only one up!! I am heading to bed now...after getting all of Santa's presents set up.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Debra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.