Xers Check In SUNDAY 12/17

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning gang-
CLASSIC/ Phase 2 / Week 3
I am sooooooooooo tired but pups were hungry so had to rise ... Party was .... I'll tall ya later....lol Just starting thread... Will have to BB w/ all personals and such. Detoxing from sugar thats all I had yesterday albeit not much but enough to make me feel sugar hangover BADLY today.
CH-SH TRI ABS today.
Hugs to all BB late morning as kitchens a disaster and must get cleaned!:7

Hi all,

CL/Phase2/week5/ day 7

Traci - I hate the sugar hang over. For me it is always combined with the urge to just eat more sugar. Ugghh....I end up having to get up fairly early every day too. My dogs have a routine and they don't know whether its the weekend or I'm tired or what. I don't envy you on the clean up. I hope it goes by quickly.

Today is a rest day, but I'm doing some cardio and probably legs. I still can't get past the lack of steady state cardio....

Tracy

Good Morning!!

Today I will do the legs and back that I blew off yesterday. Sunday is my usual rest day but I wasn't feeling up to working out yesterday.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Hi all,

Today was Yogax. I lasted for 23 minutes! ugh hate it! I am doing the recovery week as I missed it last week when I was away for work.

Traci: you are doing so well!

Buffy: that's the spirit! you have to listen to your body.

Tracy: hope you are resting at some point during the week! I know what you mean about the sugar. My problem is that once I eat one thing I can't stop!

Have a great day everyone!;-)

Good morning!

Traci - Oooooh, I feel for you! And I completely understand about the sugar hangover. Been there, done that, and it's not pretty. It's too bad it's combined with Nasty Clean Up, too. Drink lots of extra water. That can sometimes help.

Tracy - It's awful how a little sugar = more sugar. I know a bite or two of a treat here and there won't hurt me; it's all the rest of the treat that subsequently gets inhaled that does all the damage! Enjoy your SS cardio today.

Buffy - Have fun with Legs & Back!

Today's my rest day, but I'm hoping to get XStretch in at some point. First off, though, I'm heading out the door by 8am to hit the stores early and finish my Xmas shopping. I need to eat a breakfast before I go, but nothing seems the slightest bit appealing at the minute. I'd like to take something with me to eat, but this protein-heavy diet makes that very difficult. Argh! DH is currently at McD's, picking up some hotcake and sausage meals for DD1, DD2, and DD1's friend who slept over last night. Now THAT does sound appealing. Oooooh, darn those carbs!!

Have a good day,
Sandra

CL/Phase 2/Week 6/Day 7

Good morning everyone!!

Today is rest day. Yay!! I think I might do Stretch X though as I really have the DOMS today.

Traci - Can't wait to hear about the party. Sorry that you have the sugar hang over. Yuck. Those are no fun. Have fun doing Ch/Sh/Tri's today. Sorry that your pups got you up early. It seems a few of us here got up a little on the early side. YAWN!!

Tracy - LOL on the cardio. It took me a while to get use to not doing it too, but I find that I have actually lost some of my fat doing the X. I also agree on sticking with the Kenpo. Thanks for the advice.

Buffy - Good for you for taking a rest when your body is telling you too. I know that it is hard to do this program, working out 6 days a week every week. Sometimes I wake up and really dread working out because I know that I am going to have to give it my all. So have a great workout today!!!

X - Did you have a fabulous run yesterday? Sounds like it was really nice weather in Boston. It's a good feeling to get those DOMS after doing a workout like yoga, isn't it? Thanks for the tip on Senior Mysterioso. I cheated and checked where he was on the BB website, so now I am going to have to look for him. LOL.

Jeanette - Wow, 232 on the HRM?? That's funny. Kenpo is a nice easy workout that makes you sweat. I hope that you have a great bike ride today with your group. I also hope that you feel better too and that the nasty cold goes away.

Sandra - Are you feeling any DOMS today from Kenpo? I am. My a** is sore along with my core. Sounds like we have the same bedtime schedule. My friends laugh saying that they don't want to call past 8 since they might wake me up!! Ahh...the joy of having kids.

Stephanie - Congrats on getting new workout clothes!! Can you stand the wait? I really hope that you do start enjoying yoga. Took me a while to like it too, but hang in there. (By the way, Ned is Dreya's DH.)

Debra - I always feel ARX in my hip flexors too. Hang in there, you will see after a while that it gets a little easier and you will be able to do more. But I still feel my hip flexors in the beginning. Have a great time making those cookies!!

Monica - Glad you enjoyed your first week. It's lovely feeling all of those DOMS huh? Enjoy your rest day.

Suz - A big hi to you!! Did you ever get that hanging tongue for your other dog to imitate Gizmo that Kathryn suggested???

All right gals. Until tomorrow, have a great Sunday!!

Lea

Hey x'ers!
Just popped in to say Hi and go chickies! I just realized last week there was other whole x-rs' checkin and almost posted after I saw Netta's name. I see both suz and Jeannette have been sharing there wonderful tidbits too! I'm over at hardcore and will be popping in to see how you guys are hanging in there! Impressive.

It looks like many of you are already in phase 2, so I am enjoying that information, as well as a little soap opera observations. I have to admit I thought Tony was pretty hot stuff, till I noticed the bare legs...ewwwww.

I just finished week 2 of Ph 1 Classic along with Suz and Netta.

Happy x-ing!

Amber

Morning X'ers! I trust everyone's workouts went great yesterday!
Last night we had a Christening party for my new niece and I felt that I did very well with the eating. DH's family are BIG eaters so there is always tons of food whenever they get together. I just ate some soup and a lot of the raw vegetable tray, and of course, I had a piece of cake. I didn't indulge in any of the alcohol that was served, either. I know the whole family was looking at me like, "Oh, she's on that health food kick!" It didn't help that my DH said, "Well, we have to get home early because she HAS to work out!" Grrrr! OK, maybe I'm paranoid. After the party, I came home and did YogaX. Lea, you're right! I did enjoy it much better the second time. Your muscles sure feel it, don't they? Can anyone do "crane?" If you can, you must be bionic! I wanted to try it, so I just sort of leaned my knees on my upper arms and kept the toes of both feet on the floor. I still couldn't do that very long! LOL! Legs and Back is today! Not one of my favorite workouts.

Traci - I know what you mean by the sugar hangover! I have two kids who have birthdays in December. It's what I call "Birthday Cake" season. My DS birthday was the 12th and I overindulged on the cake! The next day I definitely had a birthday cake hangover. I didn't want to eat anything but a banana for the longest time! Sunday is always housecleaning day for me, so I'll be scrubbing the kitchen right along with you, but I'll also be scrubbing toilets, too. Yuck!

Tracy - I know what you mean about steady state cardio. I want to throw in a run occassionally, but Tony's workouts keep me pretty busy! I'm kind of missing Cathe, but one of the things I really love about P90X, is that it isn't high impact and I feel like I'm getting fantastic workouts. My knees and hips are enjoying the time off!

Buffy - That's what I did last week when I couldn't fit in one of the workouts in the rotation. Just pick up where you left off and keep on going!

fox2star - Give YogaX another chance. I was the same way, but I'm liked it more the second time I did it.

Lea - Thanks for informing me about Ned! Enjoy your rest day and thanks for the yoga support! I mentioned above that it was better the second time around.

Debra - My hip flexors have been sore for two days from doing ARX. I hope they are going to get stronger, as I've always had trouble with them hurting while doing Cathe's core and leg work, too. I think I could do more core work, but those hip flexors hurt so bad!

Sandra - You have a rest day, too? Lucky! Enjoy it and I hope you finish all your Christmas shopping! Let us know if it's a jungle out there!

Amber - LOL about Tony's bare legs! I guess I never noticed, although when I do YogaX, I'm a bit grossed out by his feet. I'm not a foot person, though. All feet gross me out, except for baby feet. I'll have to check it out next time I do a workout! I am just finishing Week 2 of Phase 1 Lean Rotation.

Have a great Sunday, X'ers!

Stephanie

Good morning to all!

Classic/ph1/wk3/day5ish

Today is YogaX for me...which I actually like okay. I do keep my eye on the counter to get through that first 45 minutes, but after that the time flies for me. I really like the balance postures and I love the yoga belly section!
And then after all that work I will be making cookies!!

Traci...My pup was good this morning and let me sleep late! I'm sure your kitchen will sparkle when you're done! Good luck with CH-SH Tris today.

Tracy...I always add in some extra cardio, too. Have fun with legs and back..I really enjoy the legs part of that workout.

Buffy...Hope you are feeling better today to tackle legs and back!

Lea..Hope you have a great rest day...I haven't done Stretch X yet..let me know how it goes. So, the plot thickens...I thought Ned was just Dreya's SO...Hmmmm...An actual husband...and hugging on Tony!

Sandra...Hope you got all of your shopping done. I keep saying I'm done, but then I think of something that I missed! I still have my DD's to wrap too! I know what you mean about the lack of carbs....They always sound good to me too. Have fun on your much deserved rest day!

Amber...Congrats on finishing week 2!

To all...Just wondering how closely you are all following the diet plan..and which level and phases you guys are in. I have a tough time with this...although my diet has certainly improved...mostly due to the food diary, I don't cook at home as much as I should. With my DH in Russia and a 5 year old who eats a steady diet of fruit, yogurt, and celery...it's not much fun to cook for one. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated!

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Debra - Thanks. Ok, let me correct myself. I am assuming that Ned is the DH. But, not close enough to the situation to know.....until next time:+ .

Lea

Busy Check In today....VERY COOL!
I'm Back
CL/ Day 1 / Wk 3 of 4/ Phase 2

Need a few opinions... as said earlier my body is revolting from sugar & fatty foods yesterday .... I also got little sleep. Feeling really poorly today... Is it best to do CH-SH-TRI and do it at half steam (its super duper- really challenging for those still in ph 1) or is it better to take today as my REST- drinks tons of water to flush my system and tackle it tomorrow? I just dont know whats best long term... I hate doing a P90 and not being able to compare my reps/wts accurately w/ previous week. ADVICE?????

DEBRA: Enjoy Yoga X... lol YES first 45 minutes are BRUTAL but love the last 45. I actually am a yoga newbie so I got some suggested "beginners" and intermediate tapes... I now do 1 of those and go back and do Tonys last 45 minutes. That way I get something out of it...Tony is just way to advanced for me and little instruction. SOMEDAY!
Yes I follow P90X eating plan... Shredder Phase 1 Menu Planner. I have been 80% on over last 6 weeks... usually 100% 6 days a week and less just 1 day. I have eaten that way pretty much in last year but did up my calories a couple of hundred a day to be closer to the 1800 mark he advises. It will lean you out for sure!

STEPHANIE: LOL Our In Laws sound like the same family! Eating with them is such an issue for me and they make such a big deal out of it that other than Xmas or restaurants I avoid food functions like the plague! Easier to do since I have no children to go see grandma every weekend! LOL on Crane... just a CRAZY thing that I'm sure you'll be able to to do someday if you really want to...for me I just look like I'm constipated if ya ask me! Have a dandy of a good tome doing Sneaky Lunges today! My GLUTES are still having MAJOR DOMS today from Fridays L&B

AMBER: LOL Thanx for stopping by to bring my attention to Tonys legs... Now I gotta look for the vodoo statue and his legs ...oh yeah, & his FEET too thanks to Stephanie!

SANDRA: Thanks for water suggestion... Its a 1 gallon + day for me. My ring is so tight I feel like I weigh 400 pounds! Enjoy rest day, enjoy shopping and DROP THAT MICKEY D's NOW!:+ ... Seriously Sandra, I dont care what you say, I "know" you too well now and there isnt a chance in he** that you will be putting that crud into your body today or any other day during P90X. You are too determined!

LEA:Happy Rest Day to you as well! YES we do have some early birds around here... mines genetic and I passed in on to the animals all my life! Welcome to week 7... I'm starting w/ you tomorrow if I end up taking today off!

FOX2: LOLOLOLOL on YOGA! My first week I lasted 40 minutes and siad "SCRE* YOU TONY!" lololol Have a great Sunday!

BUFFY: Enjoy your w/o...

TRACY: Yep... let the cravings begin! Very frustrating as I had been clean for 2 months and the cravings were no longer a part of my life even at ttom.... oh well... we start anew today!Enjoy restday aka: Cardio day! You are so driven!

HAPPY HAPPY DAY to all who follow!

Oh my, my,

L/Ph1/Wk1/D6- a bust.

Big Ditto on the sugar and scotch hangover for me!!! Hubby's Christmas party last night...oh boy, I'm in trouble here. I think my problem was that I didn't really eat much at all, had 2 small scotches stretched out over 4 hours but danced my ass off all night in 3 inch heels after doing Legs and Back yesterday. So my quads are toast (advil time), I'm dehydrated and I'm going to do something I haven't done for over 20 years....go back to bed!

I give all kudos for your great work through the holiday time! I love this check in and seeing your progress.

I'm fading...later!

X

Hey everybody. Mind if I jump in here with a question. I know there is TONS of info on the X on these boards, plus the BB boards. But, I thought I'd go right to our local experts!

I'm waiting on my shipment of the P90X series....should be any day now. I'm getting anxious. My question is pretty simple, I think. Where do I find the list(s) of rotations that I hear all you guys chatting about...lean, doubles, yada yada??? Does that come with the shipment? (I bought it used from a lady, but all the paperwork is included.) Are the rotations on the BB site somewhere?

Sorry if I'm jumping the gun, but I REALLY want to get everything lined up and ready to go for Jan 1....if they arrive by then.

Thanks!

Gayle

Gayle - First off, congrats on ordering the X. I think that you will really love it. If you receive the manual with the dvd's, all of the rotations will be in there. Also there is a separate sheet that has the rotations too. If you receive all of the paperwork, the manual, the food guide, the worksheets you will be well imformed. IMO, the manual is the really useful one. I read it all the time.

Good luck!!

Lea

Hi Gayle! Congrats on new arrival soon!
The complete package is :

12 workout DVDs in a sturdy case + 1 How to Use Program DVD
1 Book with all the menu plan / P90X Diet Options / Menus / Recipes
1 Manual with all the workout descriptions, rotations, detailed description of every move in every workout as well as crital info to overall success of program
1 welcome DVD (about on-line services)

Hope you join us regularly on check in

Classic/Phase 2/Week 3

Afternoon Xers:

CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 2/DAY 7

Today is supposed to be Rest or StretchX (which I may do later), but I did our bike club's weekly Sunday road ride. I missed last week, so felt like I really needed to get on my bike and spin my legs. My cold is on it's way out, no coughing at all, so I went for it. There were 4 of us riders and we rode 28 miles (mid-30's temps). I noticed a little bit less cardio capacity but that could be due to my slight cold and also the temperature, but mostly my quads and hip flexors were fatigued and then sore. This could be from Legs & Back on Friday and then KenpoX yesterday. That's what I'm thinking anyway. Usually a ride like that would be nothing for my legs. Anyways, it felt good to get out. Think I will do a Cardio Coach this week, probably in the evening of a strength day. Don't want to do it in conjunction with PlyoX as I won't be able to give it my all. Any ideas on when to add a Cardio Coach workout?

Traci, I know what you mean about the sugar hangover. I had one last Sunday myself. Felt icky and I usually don't get hung over from sugar. Sounds like the party was a complete success. Yes, drink tons of water. I know exactly about the rings being tight, face puffy, etc. Happened to me 2 days after my popcorn/dessert night last Saturday night. I actually went up 3 pounds (lots of water weight before it left). I really have to watch it with the salt.

Tracy, enjoy your rest. I had to get in the steady state cardio myself today. Just had to.

Buffy, enjoy Legs & Back. Good to be flexible and change the workouts around if you need to.

Fox2, maybe you can find another yoga to do in YogaX's place? I subbed Bryan Kest's Power Yoga and wasn't sorry I did.

Lea, did you do StretchX? Think I will do that one later as it should help my legs. My bike ride was good today and the cold is on it's way out (I'm pretty sure). I like KenpoX. I ordered some weighted gloves to up the intensity some. I especially feel sore hip flexors at the start of AbX too.

Sandra, hope you got the shopping done today. I love pancakes. DH and I don't go out for dinner very often, but we do like to go out for breakfast. Did I say I love pancakes?

Hi Amber, glad you could check in here. These gals provide great motivation and good tips for the X. Did you do StretchX today? I still need to check in over at the Hardcores. Sheesh, these checkins take lots of time, don't they?

Hi Stephanie, can't do "crane" either. I tried and put a pillow in front of me. I let my toes touch the floor too. I think it is something to aspire to if one is so inclined. I can take it or leave it though. My knees are doing well on this rotation too. I'll have to check out Tony's feet next time. Gosh, I have to find Senor too.

Debra, I'm trying to follow the Phase 1 eating plan. I am getting leaner, but have not dropped any weight nor has the BF% on my Tanita scale really moved much, but at least it's not all over the place. I was like super hungry the first 2 days but not any more. I'm doing okay, but glad I'm not seriously doing bicycling training right now because I need the carbs for that.

X- get lots of rest today. Sounds like you have a wonderful time though.

Gayle, think Traci summarized the P90X package pretty darned well.

Jeanette

Hi all,

I ended up doing Imax extreme. It felt good to do some old cardio that I’m comfortable with, but maybe that’s why I hit the plateau that I couldn’t seem to budge off of.; I was just too comfortable with everything I was doing. Who knows???

Buffy – I hope you enjoyed legs and back. That is one of my favorites. I have a bad habit of pushing through a bad day and I’m sure it doesn’t do me any good. I know it’s always better to listen to your body.

Fox 2- I envy you and your run. I’ve decided to stop running for a little while. It seems to really irritate an old hamstring injury. I’ve been walking, but it’s not the same. I love the yoga. I started with Brian Kest, felt so great, and realized why people have been doing it for so many years. I guess it’s not for everyone. It does really work the upper body though.

Lea- You and I are at exactly the same day. I didn’t get to stretch x, and I really need those forearm stretches. This week’s workouts just killed my forearms. I actually think they are bigger.

Sandra – I hope you finished your shopping. I did some more on line. I just couldn’t brave the crowds.

Amber – Glad you stopped by.

Stephanie – I noticed the shaved legs too. I’m on the fence about shaved legs for men. His calves look a little small to me. I guess everyone has an area that bugs them.

Debra – I’m not following the diet plan. I just can’t do all of that counting, but I do watch my fat intake very closely and I’ve tried to increase my protein intake. Then when I’m running low on fuel, I throw in some carbs. I don’t do the scale, but my clothes are loose around the butt and legs and tighter up top. I cook something different for myself almost every night. I try to cook enough for more than one meal.

Traci – I’m interested to see whether you decided to workout or not. I have trouble not sticking to the program, but I know that sometimes it’s not always the best decision. Sugar, it’s addictive. I bought some candy canes for decorations and I’ve had one a day for the past two days. It is ridiculous, I don’t even want it, I just eat it.

X – Glad to hear you had fun last night.

Gayle – You will not regret your purchase. Check in with us when you can.

Jeanette – Did you get to ride today? I hope you enjoyed it if you did.

Tracy

Hi to all...Finished making my cookies...with only a couple of tastes...not too bad! I have a neighborhood cookie swap tomorrow and needed 3 dozen cookies to take. Also made some spiced nuts to add to cookies for teacher gifts.

Traci...Just wondering what you decided on for your workout...I'm sure you've made a decision by now, but I probably would have just added a 30-45 minute steady state cardio along with lots of water and gotten back on track the next day. Let us know what you decided! Thanks for the info on you diet.

Stephanie....didn't see your post until now..I did enjoy YogaX today...partially because my DD was trying to do the moves next to me...she kept saying that her legs hurt!! I'm thinking, so do mine! I was very excited when I saw the counter get to 45 minutes, though! Sorry your in-laws are such a pain...Mine luckily live across the country, so I don't have to see them too often!!!

Lea...SO or DH...they still coo a lot!!

Just to let everyone know...I did very well on my balance poses because I was busy looking at the screen in search of the Vodoo doll....and I really thought I saw it during one shot...It was probably just my imagination at that point...just a haze through the exhaustion!!

Happy Day to everyone!!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Tracy,
I did get to ride today :7 :7 :7, but I was going to do a Cathe step workout or something else if that didn't work out. I'm missing some cardio and wondering if that'll help get more results. I exercise for cycling performance too so I hate to let anything go in that area. Good I'm doing this program this time of year. I always am second guessing myself. I am trying to trust the program. I do feel leaner and less bloated. Feeling good so far...

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.