Xers Check In 12/16 SATURDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Saturday X'ers!
CL/PH:2/WK:6 last day!
Woke up early ULTRA MEGA SORE like after my first P90 encounter!
I was able to go much deeper on Legs & Back yesterday and followed it with the strongest form & execution of Kenpo. I dont really understand the new found strength & flexibility but feels good to have such major DOMS at this point in program. My glutes * back are on fire like never before w/ L&G and my shoulders feel like I lifted "Sandra" weights from Kenpo.
Today is my big In-Law Xmas party and suppose to be a rest but will do a timesaver cardio and ab ripper X instead.

X: Great job in sticking w/ eating plan so consistently... I have not been 100% but more like 80% the past couple of weeks... do the taquitos I had last nite fall into the 80 or 20?;-) Dont worry about not having personals time every day... its a very busy time for all and I dont take offense..just so happy you are started and enjoying your program thus far.

SANDRA: Ok I am just sitting scratching my head... I am trying to get a pictire of you in my minds eye lifting all that weight... no I dont think 8-10 reps is why you lift so heavy... I think you are just 1 very strong woman & I aspire to you! Thank you for sharing the poundage you use... I know its possible for me as well in 2007 at some point! You are so correct when you say that its not about the # its about each persons personal max load. I have never really understood all the "lifting as heavy as Cathe" talk as Cathe is a 20 year professional that works out for a living... I think its cool to be able to do it but I have to set my goals on my own personal data..thats motivating to me to keep plugging along every day.
Yes we all think it must have been gastro infection for Lukie- a little dissettling that there was never a specific diagnosis but he is doing well...even started a fight with his brother yesterday...ahhh to have him back!:7 I LOL at the Cosby show memory... I really wanted to grab TP and just do it for the fun of it! High 5 on Mason Twists! LOL how excited we all get when we breakthrough the pain threshold and BRING IT! Nice Nice Nice... So does this mean you will be adding 10 per ARX session now?:7

STEPHANIE: I agree ARX is by far the greatest challenge for me in P90X. I think its because its not a do as many as you can but a set #. I am just now getting anywhere close to 25 on everything w/out modifications...Like Tony says. It aint pretty but its getting done!

LEA: Where did you find that info on Tony & Dreyas Movie??? OMG how weird was that? Is this something I now have to go rent to see the "sparks"? Maybe they are like Bogey & Bacall on screen:7 I think theres something there as well.... not sure Tony would really be hitting on someones wife on camera but definitaly a story! LOL Heh- when I focus on the gossip the pain seems less:p Enjoy Kenpo

JEANETTE: Hope HRM worked for you! I am lost without mine.. very motivating to me... I burned 400 calories in Legs & Back yesterday... I was cookin'. Had to LOL at your "I love Sneaky Lunges". Yesterday I said "Note to self... dislike sneaky lunges!" LOL Thats where I think I got all the glute action tho... I really went deep and dirty and felt my glutes the entire 20. Thanks for kind words about Lukie- He's a 5 yr Golden Retriever, (looks like the Bush's Baked Beans Dog) I have his dad who's 7yrs old (a light tan (My stepsons as of 6 years ago)... My girl Sandy is 15 and is a rescue dog that is a mix of all the wonderful dogs on the planet. She is also large coming in at just under 100#s. So it me & DH, and 325 dog pounds going down the street!

Have a wonderful Saturday to all! I hope to get a few sneaks before party starts this afternoon.

Hi all,

CL/Phase 2/week 2/day6

Yesterday was legs and back and I did xtrain express cardio circuit first, but did my own weights. I felt really good yesterday. I didn't increase my weights much with legs and back because of the work I did before, but I was able to do some unassisted chin and pull ups. I'm getting callouses on my hands! I don't know if I can work on the bar with gloves though. I guess I'll have to try. Just a pointer for those working on the pull up bar and doing assisted reps. Be sure to go all the way down to hanging before going back up. I know it says that in the manuel, but when doing assisted, it's easy not to.

Traci - Great job with the two workouts back to back. I'm sure if I did that I'd struggle with balance and execution at the end. I'm loving the new found flexibility too. It is amazing how much easier some of the moves are when your hamstrings aren't tight. They are my problem area and are much better now. I haven't been as tired this week. I increased my protien intake, I think that is helping.

X - Kudos to following the plan. I'm doing pretty good, but ate nachos thurs. and felt the bloat from the salt yesterday. There are some things I'm just not giving up. I have cut down the number of chips and amount of cheese and increased the beans and veggies for the nachos.

Stephanie - I have a love hate relationship with ARX. It does such great things to my mid section, but it is hard! I break such a good sweat. I have it for today because I skipped it yesterday.

Sandra - Wow on the weights! I use 25s for some of the back work and go down to 17s for some. I picked up the 30s on Wed for back and it was like no way. My biceps are my weakest area, which is probably impacting my potential ability to do more pullups, especially wide grip ones.

Jeanette - I probably will evnetually have to invest in a HRM. I'd love to know how many calories I'm burning. By the time I eat before and after, if I'm not burning a lot of calories than I'd be gaining, so I guess I must be burning a lot.

To all who follow, happy Saturday and enjoy the holiday preparations.

Tracy

CL: PH1: Week2: Day6

Good morning!

Traci - you have such a busy and exciting day planned! I hope you have a fabulous time. What are you plans for eating today? Stick with some kind of eating program, or hang it all and dig in? How awesome that you feel so DOMS'd today! You obviously brought it to a whole new level yesterday. I love it that you can be six weeks into this program, and still discovering new levels of working it. You burned 400 calories with Legs & Back??? Really??? See, I want to get one of those heart rate monitors, just so I can see approximately how many calories I'm burning. I have a feeling I might be working harder than I think I am. DH has one that he never uses. I should usurp it. My glutes are a little stiff this morning, which I presume is from LB, or perhaps lingering from YogaX on Thursday. The funny thing about picking your poundage is that if you DO try to use a weight that is more than you can handle, you don't do yourself any good, do you? You're right when you talk about Cathe being a 20 year professional. It takes a long time to develop a physique like that; incremental layers built up over years of consistent workouts. For Cathe's sake I should hope that the effects of all of her years of dedication and hard work are not achievable by someone 6 months into their first fitness program! Just imagine how we're going to look 5 years from now? Fabulous - not flabulous!

Stephanie - I know what you're saying about Ab Ripper X. It's the hardest core workout I've ever done, too. But what I'm learning is that every time I do it, I DO see improvement. Who knows? Maybe by the end of 90 days I'll even have my hands off the ground for those In and Outs? Can't imagine that right now, but it appears to be possible. Even after 2 weeks (6 rounds) of ARX I'm seeing better definition in my core. Maybe the diet is helping, too, because I'm not as bloated around the middle, so my 4-pack is able to shine through. I'm still digging around to find my 6 pack.

Lea - OMG that link you found to the movie fascinated me beyond belief and kept me up way past my bedtime. Have you seen it? Is Tony's part very big in it? When I clicked on his name it only showed this movie as part of his acting history, but Dreya's been in lots of stuff - mostly directed, etc. by Ned Farr. In Shoulders & Arms Tony talks about that "lucky boy, Ned Farr", so I'm presuming he's the "Mr. Dreya." I am so curious now about this little triangle. I agree with Traci that it seems strange for Tony to hit on someone else's dame on camera, but my goodness, his admiration of her is palpable. Is Dreya in the Phase 2 workouts? Does this fawning continue? Now I want to do those workouts just for the drama. Ohhhh, the drama....Enjoy Kenpo today! It's on my To Do List, too! I liked it last time, although found it a tad on the easy side. Maybe like PlyoX it will be harder the second time around, since I'm more familiar with it.

Jeanette - so how'd the new HRM work during Kenpo? ARX is all about the form, isn't it? If you cheat your way through it, you only waste your time, and not your waist (groaaaaning at my own bad pun). I love the Sneaky Lunges too (yes, Traci, I really do :) ). Not sure how well I actually did at the dinner last night. I had a spring roll with plum sauce (fried :-( ), 2 chicken wings (again fried :( ), 1 meatball (size of a golf-ball) with a mushroom-cream cheese sauce, about 10 lime-tortilla chips with crab dip, some of the seasoned tofu I brought, lots of raw veggies without dip (okay, I put the crab dip on a few of the celery pieces :9 ), a few chunks of fresh fruit, and when I came home I had a square of Lindt Chocolate, 70% cocoa. I went to the party knowing I still had 2 protein servings, my single carb for the day, my fat serving, 1 vegetable serving, my snack, and my condiment. This melange I had filled me up without stuffing me, so I think I probably didn't do much damage, if any. I'm so anal about following their diet; they emphasize it so much in the manuals.

Tracy - YOU DID UNASSISTED CHIN UPS *AND* PULL UPS?!?! I bow down to you! You are amazing, awesome, and I don't want to meet you in a dark alley LOL! Is this your first time, or are you old-hat at this? You really must go the Chinners-Check-In and brag about this! Catherine will stop speaking to you, but she does that to everyone who can do these things unassisted. Question: when you do these unassisted, do you really feel it in the core? I have a feeling that part of the key to these is to keep the lower body very, very tight. Kind of like the Levitation Holds that Cathe does in the start of CoreMax1 (I can't do those, either). I'm anticipating that I will be able to do a pull/chin up down the road, when my core has become stronger. Do you think that might be the case? Why do you say lowering yourself all the way down to a hang is so key? Yes, I'm mindful to do it, but I'm just wondering why you are emphasizing it? Should I spend some time just "hanging around" some day? Maybe hang for a bit, then try a little pulse up?

Okay, it's 6am and I've not cracked a book yet, so I'd better go. Once the family gets up, my concentrated work time ends. I'll be KenpoX-ing it later on this morning. Have a great day!

Sandra

Good Morning Xers!

Well I must say this little check-in got quite interesting yesterday with the Tony/Drea/Ned love triangle. I'm gonna have to visit here more often! :p Now I have to see that movie, can't wait to do that workout again, etc., etc... Poor Tony has an undying love for a woman he can't have. Oh my.

Thanks for all of your shoulder advice. It did feel good doing the pulldowns. I felt like I got a good workout. And no, pull-ups are definitely NOT my only goal with P90X. :) Of course I would love to be able to crank 'em out - or crank even ONE out, but if I never do, so be it. My goals are much bigger than that thank goodness. I LOVE LOVE LOVE P90X and what it's done for me so far. Once I got over the initial "why me why now" whiny stage of hurting my shoulder I realized that is only one small part of this entire program and of my entire body and I snapped out of it. Like I mentioned, I've brought it back from this same injury a number of times in the past (just not when pull-ups are involved) and I'll do it again. I just didn't want to. See, I'm just being a whiny baby. :p

Alright - I'll be checking in for more of "The Fit and the X's" - kind of like The Young and the Restless???

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

CL/PH.2/WK6/Day 6

Good morning everybody!!

I woke up this morning feeling icky. Yuck, but I am trying to snap out of it so that I can do Kenpo today. It's amazing what guilt can do to you.

Traci - Good luck with your in-law Christmas party. Sounds like it is going to be some fun. Way to "bring it" with Legs/Back and Kenpo? No wonder why you have major DOMS. I told you, you are a CRAZY woman!!LOL.
I think that I have way too much time on my hands. Actually DH found the movie. For some reason, reading the description of the movie, I don't think that there will be any chemistry between Tony and Dreya. I know, sad.

Tracy - Way to go on the unassited chin ups and pull ups. Thanks for the tip on the assited pull/chin ups. I always have to remind myself to go all the way down before doing another pull up.

Sandra - So sorry to keep you up past your bedtime. No. I haven't seen the movie, but I am intrigued. Hmmm.... I looked up Ned Farr and he has some posts on the BB website and seems that he has had a hand on some of the P90X stuff, like the posters, some music, etc.
Have fun doing Kenpo today. I am doing it minus the wrist weights this time. I figure if I concentrate on my form, then hopefully it will be harder. At least that is what I did with ARX yesterday, really tightened up my abs and wowzers are my abs sore today.

Suz - I hope that your shoulder feels better. I am happy that you love the X!! And BTW, you are not being a whiny baby!

Until next time. Like sands through the hourglass....... Have a great weekend everyone. And hi to anybody that I haven't mentioned.

Lea

Lea - you found Ned's fingerprints all over P90X, too? Very, very interesting. And is Dreya not the woman in the photos on all the P90X manuals? Yes, I was surprised to read that the movie was a big hit in the same-sex community. The chemistry isn't between "Chad" and the Dreya character LOL! I'll be concentrating hard on form for KenpoX today, too. I feel whooped today. I'm glad the workout isn't PlyoX today.

Suz - great attitude adjustment about your shoulder! And if you can't whine to us, then to whom can you?! Whine away!

Cheers,
Sandra

Sandra - Yes, I do believe that is Dreya in the manual too. Oh, only to have the chisel like her......And what a cute name for Tony, "Chad".

Have fun doing Kenpo. I really had a workout today once I really concentrated on my form. I had to mop the floor after the workout (not like plyo mind you), but I still had to do it. Good luck!!

Lea

Hi, Happy Weekend Before the Biggy,

L/Ph1/Wk1/D5
Surprise, surpise, I woke up with shoulder, tri and oblique DOMS that I think came from the tough YogaX with all those Chatarungas and Downword Dogs. What an unbelievable non weighted workout that was!

Today: Legs abd Back. Love it, yes indeed. I am using a thick band and got super back workout...and back is my least favorite to work. Loved the leg work, some of it is reminiscent of some of the routines in Core Synergistics. Perfect type workout for me, didn't miss heavy weights or barbells at all. ARX still a great challenge to me and I have to say that my abs have been sore and tigh all week on this Lean rotation.

Followed the workout with a delightful 3 mile outdoor rolling hill run w/ Hubby and dog. I live outside of Boston and the sun was shining strong and I ran in a short sleave T shirt.

OK....DISH TIME: I think the Dreya / Tony mutual admiration club is not only obvious (or palpable as one of you Xers said), there's clearly some kind of sexual tension going on. Actually it kind of bothers me when there are other women in the group and he always says, "Dreya, she's gorgeous" and then he goes over to the other chick and says: "Look at her, she's all teeth"! Puleeze

Has anyone heard about "Senior Mysterioso" who is a little doll that Ned Farr hides in each of the workout sets? There's a lot of talk about Senior on the P90X forum. I can't find him. I'm too busy trying not to lose my balance!

Hey Ladies...great job! Enjoy your weekends to the maX.

X

I forgot to mention I did Cardio Coach #5 on the elliptical today. I wasn't really going to sub any workouts during P90X, but Kenpo X doesn't get my HR up AT ALL and I was going to buy weighted gloves yesterday and never got to it, so I decided to do a CC instead b/c I really wanted a calorie burn b/c I have 2 Christmas parties to go to and plus I just don't feel like I'm getting a good workout whatsoever with Kenpo X. Maybe the gloves will make a difference?? I'll get some before next Saturday and give it another shot. I'm not giving up. So, as opposed to last week's HR of 127, today my HR was in the upper 180's/lower 190's. MUCH better. :) Now I won't feel so guilty if I enjoy a little bit of food tonight.

Lea and Sandra - thanks for not making me feel like a whiny baby. :)

Off to watch the last 15 minutes or so of The Devil Wears Prada. After some intense personnel issues at work this past week, I think some people see me as this person and this movie is making me feel like Mr. Rogers compared to her. I knew it would and so DH bought it for me last night. LOVE him!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Suz - Good job on Cardio Coach. Try the weighted gloves if Kenpo isn't doing it for you. I did wrist weights last week, 2 pounders, and they kicked my butt.

I also had to say, look at those guns on your week 2 pics. Good work there Suz. Keep it up!!

Lea

Awwww...thanks Lea! :)

Glad to hear adding the weights kicked your butt. I'm not a huge kickbox fan, so I'm looking for any excuse not to do it. But I'm sure there's a good reason to keep in in there. Discipline. I'll be sure to pick up the weights before Saturday.

Suz

Just back to say I did KenpoX - my second time through that workout. It went MUCH much better the second time. I know my heart rate got up there! I'm drenched and feel wonderful. My back, core and shoulders will be feeling this one tomorrow. This may become a favourite workout, as I love feeling so worked without a lot of joint pounding.

X- Thanks for the tip about the doll! I'll be looking for that now! Nice workout you had today!

Lea - yes, it really appears that P90X is the Tony-Dreya-Ned show. Well there you go! I guess Tony can't do it all himself, can he? Glad you got a good workout with Kenpo today, too!

Suz - I'd rent that movie - if I could possibly stay up past 9pm, but unfortunately the Sleep Cloud settles around me at that time every day, if I dare to sit still for a minute. One of these days I'll be a big girl and get to stay up to watch movies! You have a thoughtful DH!

Cheers,
Sandra

Good morning!

CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 2/DAY 6: Today's workout was KenpoX and with my new digital HRM. The HRM worked almost the entire time for me. Once it spiked and stuck at 232 but I was able to unstick it and then it acted normally the entire workout. I was able to really think about the form on this workout more and was able to get my HR up into the 140's once or twice. Think I need some weighted gloves. Of course during the blocks, it goes down a lot. When Tony said his HR was 164 I looked and mine said 118 and then jumped to 110. I did sweat a lot though and felt it was a better workout than last week's. Maybe the lack of carbs makes you weaker so you can do easier workouts and still feel them? Hmmmm... I keep saying this, but maybe I'll add in another cardio workout next week. Haven't been on my bike in 2 weeks. Today is a beautiful morning and hopefully tomorrow will be also for our group bike ride. If it's decent and I feel well, I'm going for it. Oh yeah, calorie burn today on KenpoX was 383, though I don't think that's true. This HRM only asks for your weight, not age, gender or SS#. My other HRM (M32) said I only burned slightly over 200 when doing a Cardio Coach (much harder workout IMO). I'll just use it for comparison purposes.

Traci, sounds like you really focused hard on yesterday's workout and "brought it" just like you should. I certainly hope you have a wonderful time at the party tonite.

Tracy, callouses on the hands, now that's a sign of someone working hard! LOL, I remember playing on the monkey bars a lot when we were kids and we would get blisters on our hands that would pop. I find the HRM really useful in doing Cardio Coach workouts as you have to be in certain zones during those workouts. For calorie burning purposes, I don't really think this one is accurate, 383 calories is a lot, but I'm thinking it might be less than 200 realistically.

Sandra, sounds like you did pretty well eating wise at the party. Hope it was lots of fun. Last week, my glutes were a little stiff, but were really much more sore on Sunday. I wonder if I'll be more sore tomorrow. So far, not too sore. Cracks me up, about wondering about Tony and Dreya. Think there is a move named after her, the Dreya Roll. She does look really strong but uses lower weights than I use in Shoulders & Arms and I'm a weakling. Yep, KenpoX was good and if you really put more effort into the form, the intensity comes up. Think, though, that I'll have to add some weights. I had my little ankle weights out but they have a slight sand leak in them so I tend not to use them. Maybe I should duct tape them? Or buy some new gloves. I think you are right about the core coming into play while doing pullups. I can just picture it, though I can't do one (yet).

Hi Suz, glad the lat pulldowns felt effective. Way to go on doing Cardio Coach! I haven't done any and keep talking myself out of it "oh, I need my strength for the next workout", and "oh, maybe too much cardio is bad for my body", and "oh, I'm coming down with a cold". Think maybe it's a case of the lazies. Hope your parties are really fun tonite. Glad you got those work issues behind you.

Lea, sorry you aren't feeling well. Glad you enjoyed KenpoX. Sometimes just getting things moving makes me feel better. I've got a little cold but felt pretty good this morning.

X - Yeah, DOMS! I had those last week in the upper back, shoulders, glutes, you name it. Not so much this week. Even when I coughed, I could feel it in my lower abs. Senior - never heard of him. I'll have to do a search on the BB forum. Which workout is he hidden in? Now I'm anxious to do the next set of workouts and see the chemistry between Tony and Dreya. Yep, it's pretty obvious to me. Of course, she's his "buddy".

Got to go, have some housecleaning to do.

Jeanette

Hi all,

Looks like many of us did kenpo x today. I'm going to try to persuade everyone to stick with this workout. Here's why, I think that it works the muscles just enough differently and it really seems like their is a huge variety of movements, strategically chosen, to really help to challenge every part of the body. Tony talks about it being a calorie burner, but I think of it as a sculpting upper body/core workout. Didn't Cathe say one time with the mason twists that its the stopping motion that really works the muscle? Well I try to concentrate on that motion as I do the workout and keep my core tight. I'm physically done by the end and feel like I've done myself good. That being said, I did BM2 wrmup through the 3rd cardio then started kenpo x at the drills, then did both stretches at the end. I needed the extra movement before I started the drills because I was a little stiff and sore, especially the lats, from yesterday's workout. My HR drops during the blocks too, but doing the extra cardio first helps me to get a fairly solid aerobic workout, especially if I keep jogging or moving while he's setting up for the next drill. JMO, but I think that kenpo x is essential to the program.

Tracy

Another episode of the "Young and the X'ers" today, huh? LOL! Just now got on the boards because DH and I went Christmas shopping today, and he bought me some new workout clothes for Christmas! I'm so excited and can't hardly wait for Christmas! I tried them on, and I'm supposed to act surprised when I open them on Christmas morning! I did Shoulders and Arms with ARX last night - LOVE IT!! Shoulders and Biceps are my favorite body part to work. Triceps not so much. YogaX today, and last time I didn't enjoy it all that much, but I'm giving it another chance, because everyone says how great it is for your body.

Tracy - Good advice on lowering completely down on the pull-ups. I've only done Legs and Back once, but my hands were definitely sore, too. I've got some coushiony(sp?) material that velcros around on my bar, thought, so it helps a lot.

Sandra - Hands off the ground for in & outs? I don't know if I'll ever be able to do that!:) It would be cool, though. Can you believe Adam in ARX? He looks like everything is so effortless with perfect form.

Suz - Good to hear the positive attitude you've developed about P90X regardless of the shoulder. Your body is going to be so fit, and your shoulder is only one small part of a fit body. I LOVED the movie, "The Devil Wears Prada" and I want to see it again on DVD. Maybe during my Christmas break, I can relax some evening with a cup of tea and pop it in then.

Lea - How are you feeling later in the day? Kenpo X might not be so bad if you're feeling just slightly less than 100% Did you end up doing it? Who's Ned? I need to get up to speed here!

X - I know! Tony is ALWAYS saying how "gorgeous" Dreya is while basically acknowledging the others in the workout. The back is my least favorite to work, too! I'm glad I'm not alone there! Who's Ned?

Jeanette - I noticed that Dreya uses lighter weights than I do on Shoulders and Arms, too, but I really suck at the "Dreya Roll." I have to give everyone who can do those without pushing off the floor my complete admiration.

Happy Exercising X'ers!
Stephanie

Hi Stephanie!

How exciting about the new workout clothes! I desperately need some too. Can you suggest any good sources? Something online would be good as all we have here is Wally World.

So glad you are loving P90X as are all of us. I can't believe how I'm still getting sore with some of these workouts. I was thinking I wasn't feeling Legs & Back and KenpoX like I did last week, but lo and behold, I just went to the bathroom and sure felt it when I was sitting down. How does it sneak up on me like that? Love the muscle confusion!!!

Think the Dreya Roll is in Core Synergistics, which I haven't done yet. That comes after next week...

Jeanette

Hello Xers!
CL/ph1/wk3/day4ish

I'm always off with the workouts...it seems every week a workout hits on a day that it's not convenient to do...for example, today was supposed to be YogaX...but I did not have an 1 1/2 hours today to workout...so I did ARX and 30 minutes of Cathe step. I did ARX before my cardio and I feel like I got a lot more out of it. I ususally don't like this one much. I always feel it more in my hip flexors then my abs. Am I doing something wrong? My DD and I went to the local production of the Nutcracker and then out to dinner, so that is why I am posting so late.

Traci...hope you have a great time at your In Law party! I'm sure my golden-doodle would love to play with all of your pooches!

Tracey...I was having trouble with my hands, too, but I got some weight lifting gloves and they have REALLY helped...no slipping at all on the bar now...and much more comfortable. And any advice you have about pull ups I'll take!

Sandra...hope you had a good study day...and had fun with Kenpo...I really like this workout...I seem to be able to make it plenty intense so as to raise my heart rate!

Suz...Sorry to hear you have a shoulder injury...Hope you heal soon! And no way are you a whiny baby...Take care of yourself! And I'm sure you cannot be anything like the Meryl Streep character!

Lea...You were cracking me up with the Tony/Ned/Dreya triangle! Hope you had fun with Kenpo...I said it above, but I really like this workout..and I feel like if you push you CAN get your heartrate up...but mine comes down during the blocks, too, as others have mentioned! Hope you are feeling better.

X...I had major DOMs after my first YogaX experience! I really like the legs and back workout, too...especially the legs section. You're going to have me looking for the Senior now...instead of concentrating on my form!!!!

Jeanette...glad to hear you new monitor is working relatively well. I always add an extra cardio workout in...mostly because I feel guilty without it!!! And I miss Cathe!

Stephanie...shoulders and arms is my favorite so far of these workouts...and one I can see myself using frequently after I'm done with this round of P90X. Hope you made it through Yoga X...It is definitely a tough workout...and sometimes a little monotonous...even though I know it's good for me....it's so long, though, I really have to plan for it, in fact I am doing it tomorrow! Hope you and your DH got most of your shopping done..and congrats on the new clothes!!! Just think of what you have to look forward to wearing on the 26th!!

Happy weekend to all!! I'll be making cookies with my DD after Yoga tomorrow...Is this a conflict of interest?

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

WEEK 1, DAY 6, CLASSIC ROTATION

Good evening! I haven't been able to get on the computer in a while. Catching up from yesterday.

I woke up VERY SORE today from Legs & Back. Made my way through Kenpo and am ready for my day off tomorrow. I really enjoyed Kenpo, the time flew. I enjoyed all of the workouts in this first week, even though every inch of my body is feeling it.

BUFFY -- I agree -- I feel GS Legs more in my quads as well. I am really feeling it today in my hamstrings and glutes from Legs & Back X. You were right!

TRACY -- That is a good idea to prefatigue the legs before Legs & Back. I think that my first time through P90X I am going to do it as they state to. My second time through though (this summer) I will probably incorporate this idea!

TRACI -- I am glad to hear you are getting good results from Legs & Back and are getting the slimming that you want. I am going with your advice to trust the process. I hope that I also experience a new found strength and flexibility. I also have major DOMS. I hope you have fun at your in-loaws. I cannot believe how much baking you did yesterday! That is really impressive!

DEBRA -- I think that I will also miss doing weighted chest work. After I complete P90X I will have to do a Hardcore rotation.

SANDRA -- Wow! Great job on the biceps heavy weights. I hope to get there. I am only in phase 1 -- but I keep hearing that the bicep work in phase 2 is killer. Can't wait to get there! I also did KenpoX today, I sweated buckets. I was surprised because I do Cathe's KPC and KickMax, and old Taebo DVDs, and they seem more intense. But I feel like I got a great workout with KenpoX. The moves were very controlled which allowed me to focus a lot on my form.

X -- I am also using a thick band for the back work as I do not have a pull up bar at this time. My back was very sore from Legs & Back with the band yesterday. I might also do some barbell rows from time to time to change it up. I think that I will try to have a pull-up bar for my second round of P90x this summer. ARX is also still a challenge for me! I have not noticed Senor Mysterioso -- I will have to pay attention. That is too funny!

SUZ -- I loved "The Devil Wears Prada". Cute movie! Hope you enjoyed it!

Everyone have a great weekend!! I am off tomorrow, but may do Stretch X.

Monica

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.