Xers Check In 12/13 Wednesday

teddy16410

Cathlete
Good Morning Xers!
Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and words on yesterdays boards. My Lukie is home from hospital as of 7pm last night and I am having to get up w/ him every few hours to make sure he takes in liquids and tries to have a bm. Every test on earth has been run in the last 48 hours and all we know is what ISNT wrong. No contagious elements ... thank God we have two more here! Not joint/Hip related....no blockage....no liver /kidney failure. He had 2 enemas yesterday at noon and still cannot go to the bathroom. He is on all liquids now and vet is calling at 6am. If he still hasnt gone I have no clue what the plan is. He is still on antibiotics and running a low grade fever but the emergency room team nor his regular vet know why. It is so frustrating when they are sick and cannot communicate at all. DH & I are just frazzeled and emotional and at a loss how to help him. At any rate... thank you again for all your kindeness... we will perservere and hopefully have huge bms today!
I need to go back & digest all of yesterday happenings & will BBL to talk P90X!
Many Thanks

BUFFY: GREAT JOB sneaking PLYO X in before the big meeting! You are amazing w/ your dedication to both AM/PM workouts!

JEANETTE: Plyo Girl! Cool about HRM... I am so addicted to mine now and it really has taught me that I dont have to jump like a crazy woman in order to get a good calorie burn. Sometimes less is indeed more! My body is like yours.. all cardio /little wts= NOT GOOD! Lesson will hopefully be engrained by the end of 12 weeks!

LEA: Hope that bug is gone today cuz Back Biceps Abs is no easy task! I did that one for second time yesterday and it was BRUTAL for me. I'm not a big bicep kinda girl but must say I did flex a few times after the w/o and was SMILING fot the first time in my life! :D LOL on Plyo.... you just go ahead and sub Cardio X anytime!!! Its in the manual, on the BB Boards & Tony eventalks about it at beginning of PlyoX. We are all so hard on ourselves aren't we?

LAURIE: Hope KenpoX was rewarding for you yesterday. I just LOVE that one and its cool because it falls on last day before rest so it is easy for me to just BRING IT! Its always hard for me if my last day before rest is a "dread factor"... I can come up w. every excuse in the book...

TRACY: I find that a little pre-Kenpo Cardio works well for me. I usually do CTX Kick or TSaver Kick or Amy Bento's Bonus Bag Add On (w/out a bag for me)... It is a way to warm up my body a bit better.
Congrats on the wt increases & 1-arm pushups! MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
About afterburn hunger... Man oh man I know what you mean! I just try to slip in an extra protein shake w/ a banana or yogurt for substance. Some days I have to add in 2! I think as long as its the right "food" you are probably doing your body good by feeding it..(imo)

Monica: Happy Day 3 today! I love the first week HIGHS... the second week I was so sore I cant recall if I was excited... Week 3 I recall VIVIDLY: Ready for recovery week!!!!!!!!! lol
I was lol reading your post about the names of moves in PlyoX... Yes our Tony is a creative soul heh? I think he does that for pain/fun factor...keep them laughing & they wont realize how hard they'reworking...until they wake up for 3 days w/ DOMS! Enjoy Sh & ARMs.... I REALLY miss that one in Phase 2... but its back in Phase 3 (classic)

SANDRA: YOU LEAN MACHINE! I'm really trying to get Amy on board over here as well! She's a keeper! My little guardian angel these days. GREAT JOB on PLYOX.... I'm telling ya... there REALLY is a magically element to this rotation! I am keeping logs & notes like crazy so I can at least try and re-create the elements & sequencing for my non-P90X rotations... Its just amazing.
OK~ I give.. Whats Moon Sand?

STEPHANIE: LOL... I did my first 3 days as LEAN rotation then switched.... I swear I cant look at all the stuff without flip flopping! I am doing a Classic/ faux doubles actually... (faux because I do it all at same time vs AM/PM)I like additional cardio (just 30 min) IF I am feeling strong... I just do it as a warm up to the P90X of the day. Havent been adding it in too much tho;-)

X: last but certainly not least in my book! heheheheheheheeheh on getting started unofficially.... caught the fever did ya???? I agree that each of these is challenging and thats a good thing! I really love his tracking and note taking (never did it before)and I find it motivates me to push harder and also give myself credit on days I feel maybe I didnt BRING IT .... Even yesterday doing Back Bi Abs... I thought I was really weak and yet each time I went to log I was up in WTS and reps... I guess I really was BRINGING IT! Thank you so much for the BB Thread! I get a bit confused perusing their site for some reason... seems everywhere I turn I gotta pay to see anything... Are you paying to be on those boards? If yes is it worth it?

BBL later gang- gotta go take care of my Lukie boy.

Traci - I hope your Lukie gets better real soon.

Last nite I did B&G premix (standing legs and bonus abs). This morning I will do back and biceps. Still hurting a bit from CST from Monday.

I really think this program is making me leaner, I just feel it. Can't believe I'm almost half way through. Can't wait to see what changes the next 6 weeks will bring.

Buffy

Good morning,
Today's workout was Shoulders & Arms. Got to say "I brought it" today and upped almost all of my weights. I'm pretty excited at the weight increase that seemed to be fairly easy to accomplish. I never thought I'd be doing 12# lying tricep extensions or 15# for upright rows. I can see that on some exercises I may be able to try my 20#ers next time. As this is the 2nd time I've done it, I was able to relax a little more and fine tune. Loved it, and what an arm pump! My arms were so full I actually went and measured my biceps afterwards and they were 1" fuller than my before P90X bicep measurements. Of course, I don't want my butt bigger LOL, didn't measure that. I'll do AbX after work today. I'm going to see if I can maintain better form if my core isn't as exhausted like after Chest & Back.

Traci, hope your baby improves. Yes, it is sooo tough that they can't talk and tell us what's the matter. I lost a beloved mare to colic a number of years back. She had a twisted colon, but was so stoic thru it. We attempted surgery, but to no avail and lost her. My thoughts will be with you thru this. Here's hoping for a good day for you.

Buffy, so glad you are feeling leaner. You are 1/2 way through so that's awesome. I'm at TTOM today so I'm pretty puffy, plus I made a cake last night for today's special lunch at work and I was bad and did some snacking. Think most of the special occasion eatfests are over for a while (until Christmas) so I plan on buckling down. It's a prime rib/turkey lunch today so I'll do some turkey and veggies. Will skip the baked potatoes and rolls.

Hi to all that check in.

Jeanette

Good for you Jeanette with planning ahead for your lunch. I try to do that also, I think it helps keep you focused.

This morning I did back and biceps. I also tried to up my weight on the exercises. Several years ago when I worked out with a personal trainer, he upped my weights every week. It really kept my progress steady. I tried to use 15# for most of the bicep work (sometimes 12#) but that's a pretty big improvement for me.

Cardio Coach 1 or 2 on tap for tonite. Then wrapping X-mas packages that must be mailed out tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Today is KenpoX. DH just diagnosed me with a meniscus strain in my left knee last night, so low impact is the name of my game now! I have been modifying most to low impact for over a month now anyway, but I just can't help myself with Imax2 is playing! Anyway, ice, NAIDS and low impact for me!

Traci- Thanks so much for those kind words! I am glad that Lukie is home (I know that being in a foreign place just adds to the pet's stress level!) Keep up the great work, Nurse!!!

Buffy- I blow me away with your workouts! I am happy with 10# for bicep curls!

Hi Ladies,

Im gathering some Mojo and have decided to start my program. I woke up this morning and gave myself a brisk dope slap for foolishly negotiating some dumb deal about eating freely because of the holidays! What's more important? What is my priority?

So I will be officially on my second day (more later)but today I will start the fat shredder nutritional plan. I need to study it a little more but know that this plan works well for me. Unfortunately I will face a miserable 48 hours of sugar/carb/wine detox. Instead of giving myself a pass to party and slack with food for the next few weeks I am going to mentally "Bring It".

So here goes:

Could some of you do this code so I can tell where you are in your progress and what you have to teach me?

L/Ph1/Wk1/D2 (Lean, Phase 1, Week 1, Day 2)

PlyoX, subbed for CardioX
Xcellent work otu and challenge. Love the moves and my body is clearly shocked and in awe. I have reserved some of the double time moves (tuck jumps, lunges) and the bonus round for working up to achievement. I am very cautios not to crash and burn at the start of this program.
Get a kick out of the ski hop groovy music. Very impressed w/ Eric working out w/ the prosthesis! I have to point that out to my DH who is shaking at the thought of PlyoX.
Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't point out that I could not do half of this workout without good form and endurance if it wasn't for Cathe's interval workouts. I thought about her a lot. I wish she would do a straight Plyo/Interval w/o without step or equipment.

Tell me more about this recovery drink. Any Xers use this? Taste? Preparation? Consistency? Meal replacement?

Traci, almost sounds like Lukie has a partial bowel obstruction. Does he have bowel sounds? Unfortunately animals were never really meant to be adaptable to so many of our "human surgeries", unlike us they have an amazing abiltiy to self heal or adapt to their journey's destiny. They sense our love which is their best medicine.

X

DAY 3, WEEK 1

Jeanette - Congrats on your weight increase in Shoulders & Arms! That is encouraging. Today was my first time doing it, so I was just trying to figure out what weights I should be using. I don't have 20# dumbbells -- I might use a Barbell for some of the exercises when I get to that level.

Buffy -- WOW! Adding on some of B&G to this program is pretty intense. I am so impressed!

Well, my glutes and hamstrings were sore from Plyo X when I woke up this morning. I was very thankful that I only had upper body work to do this morning. I did Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper. Ab Ripper seemed to go better this time. I am really looking forward to Yoga X tomorrow -- I have read a lot of posts on it, and it sounds intense.

Last night my husband and I went Christmas shopping at the mall. I ate dinner at home before we left. My husband had not yet eaten, so we stopped in at the Cheesecake Factory to get him some dinner. It took all of my willpower to not eat. I did snack on some of the bread though. And the hardest part was actually not ordering a drink. I really wanted to get a Singapore Slinger, but NO -- I was good. I ordered green tea! I am determined to eat well while doing this program.

I cannot follow any of the nutrition plans with P90X though as I have a tummy problem that we are trying to diagnose. It is either SOD Type III or Chronic Pancreatitis -- either way, I have to eat an extremely low fat diet or I end up in the ER with abdominal and back pain.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for listening.

Can anyone tell me their thoughts and opinions on Cardio X? I am curious as I may do a Doubles rotation when I start Phase 2.

Thanks,
Monica

Monica - Not eating at Cheesecake Factor? Now that's what I call willpower (or won't power). Congrats on that.

Buffy

Hi X'ers!!!

Traci - I hope that your poor Lukie feels better. At least he has a good mom to take care of him. Isn't back and biceps great for getting results. I have been flexing too just to see the improvement!! Too funny.

Buffy - Congrats on upping to 15's on the biceps. Wow. That is very impressive. Especially with all of the bicep work in there. Are you able to lift your arms now???

Jeanette - Good for you for upping your weights too. Isn't it a great feeling to be getting stronger?? And how impressive that your bicep is 1" fuller! LOL on the butt measurement.

Amy - I hope that you have a great workout with Kenpo. So sorry to hear about your knee!! Hopefully it will heal quickly.

X - Good for you for getting out of the holiday eating mind set. It is difficult isn't it? Great job for doing plyo today. Eric is impressive isn't he? As for the recovery drink, have you gone to the BB website? It lists out all the ingredients there.

Monica - Good job on doing plyo yesterday. Sorry to hear that you are having stomach issues. What willpower to pass up the Cheesecake Factory.

Ok, working up the guts to do Back/Biceps and ARX today.

Lea

Good morning All!

Traci, I'm glad to hear Lukie is home with you, getting TLC from those who love him most. Are the other kids sensitive to each other? Are they acting concerned about him? I hope they figure out the problem really soon, so they can help make him better.

I don't have time to do personals today. I have to go Xmas shopping this afternoon (gotta buy that Moon Sand. I'll explain it in more detail later, Traci. Once I figure out what the heck it is). I have to get the baby down for her nap so I can do Shoulders & Arms, and ARX. Then it's a quick shower, bring DD to the neighbour's, drive the neighbour's son to preschool, cram as much shopping into 2 1/2 hours as I can, pick up neighbour's son from preschool, stop at bus stop on the way home and pick up my own DD#1, then home in time to exchange neighbour's son for my DD#2, then back here to make dinner. If I end up even 5 minutes behind today, then someone gets left behind somewhere.

I may not be back again until tomorrow. So until then, BRING IT, and have a great day!

Sandra

Hi all-
Lukie on the mend this morning... a bit of his playful, mischevious self is starting to show thru... HAPPY DANCE!
I have Yoga on tap today and adding 30 minute cardio- Timesaver 1 Step. Cleaning big time for my In Law Holiday gathering this Saturday.. 35-40 of them!

BUFFY: I am so happy for you and your leaning out... It is an incredible transformation to watch for sure! If my peri menopausal body is responding like it is I can only imagine how awesome everyone starts looking by week 3 or 4. Still boggles my mind.

Jeanette: AWESOMe on shoulders & Arms!!! I gotta LOL at the measuring of biceps... theres one I hadnt thought of! too cool for you! Must have been something in the air last night... 2 chocolate cupcakes for me:7

AMERS!!!!!!!!!!! are you gonna be here regularly????}( Did we give you the "bug"???? I am so sorry about your knee woman... I had no idea it had gottenso bad. Whats your rehab plan ... other than laying off plyo stuff for awhile? LOL on 10# bicep curls... ME TOO! and I just got there last week! I actually did 15 reps w/ 10's and was so excited.
X: YIPPEE you are officially OFFICIAL!!!!!
No problem on our secret code: CL/PH 2/ Wk 6/ D39?
I tackled (still do) PLYOX just like you are... I did what I could each time, bring it a little more each week but am so happy I have not "Mastered" it even now. I think thats why 12 weeks of basically same w/os isnt bothering me... I have a long way to go to master any of them. LOVE the challenge
Recovery Drink: I do use the P90X after workouts. Because I workout in AM most days I actually drinj half of it about 30 minutes prior and the other half immediately after. Sandras a great resource for alternatives tho... I think she posted Boost?
I use Protein bars on as needed basis... right now using P90X Mocha - I like because its only 2 grams sugar... tough for me to find ones I like locally that arent full of sugar.
On Lukies obstruction- I TOTALLY agree! Unfortunately Xrays continue to show nothing... But goodness - If you were given 2 full enemas and STILL had BMs hard as rocks I'd say that there is something there. I am doing the motherly duty of searching thru poo ... lol only a mommy will do these things!

MONICA: Awesome job w/ restaurant eating.... still my weakness! My glutes & hammies have yet to have a day in 6 weeks where they dont talk to me! I am so sorry about your stomach issues. I would think that tummy stuff is one of the hardest to live with. {{hugs}}. As far as Cardio X... LOVE IT! Time flys... about 15 min of yoga, 15 of Plyo, 15 of Kenpo.... love love love it. Its the "easiest" of Tonys cardio (he says) but I think you can make it as intense as you have the inclination to do.

LEA: Back & Bi is a real mental thing for me too! Not my 2 favorite body parts to work but gosh I think if you measure before & after it will make it more fun... Thats my plan for next week! THANKS FOR TIP JEANETTE!

Off to clean baseboards! Hugs to all

SANDRA: Missed you in my post!!!! Oh no that just wont do!!! Did you notice you got Amy to check in today}( She did Kenpo:7 I think WE GOT HER!
Enjoy you w/o... I know you like that one too! Happy cramming and be sure to count heads everytime you leave & return from a place!
Hugs

SA and ARX DONE!!! Love it!! My arms are rock hard from shoulder to wrist. Upped my weights in a number of places - did 30 tricep pushups on each side during the last round of the bonus reps. Does this mean Tony is coming to my house? :D

Traci - great idea on the counting heads thing. I'll be sure to do that. I'm glad Lukie is starting to perk up!!! And I hope Amy becomes as regular here as Lukie's BMs are supposed to be (not that I think of her as a lump of poo :eek: ).

Amy - Love you!!

Will be back later to read more about Jeanette's biceps and all the rest of the hard work you guys have been doing. I stink.

Sandra
-hitting the showers. There will only be one head to count in there :-(

Subed YOGA ZONE Beginners w/ Alan Fingers for YogaX today.... WOW
I really think its a good thing I got some basic stuff as the poses were quite difficult for me... I think Yoga X moves to quickly for me never having done Yoga before & my form must have been willy-nilly. Today the focus was all about form and I am feeling it! A really good 57 minute yoga. (thanks for tips on tapes!) I also received Bryan Kest Power Yoga for Wt Loss... Might have to preview that one to see if I can use it now.

Sandra: I am so happy for your progress so quickly! 30 Tricep pushups is FABULOUS! Yes I do believe you deserve a visit from Tony AND film crew:7 LOLOLOL amy-regular-Lukie-BMs!! You crack me up!

Have a good night folks... I am looking forward to sleeping in my bed vs sofa and getting a wonderful nights rest so I can BRING IT w/ Legs & back & ARX tomorrow.

Hello Everyone,

Well I finally got my w/o in and I did StretchX. I stayed home today because my youngest DD was sick. She had a stomach flu and all morning she was in the bathroom. Poor kid. She seems fine now. I think the stretching did me some good. Released the tension.

Laurie

Good evening,
On late tonite. Did get AbX in tonite. Was much easier doing it separate from the strength workout. Was able to do all of the mason twists too. Have YogaX tomorrow.

Hi Buffy, did you get your CC's in tonite? I haven't done one in a couple of weeks and miss it. Kind of glad I didn't do one this week as I am getting a cold. I probably will stay home tomorrow, though I'm not miserable, just don't want to go to work with it. I stuck to my plan pretty well, was bad in that I did have some small desserts. Yep, I like writing down my weights and trying to improve on them.

Amy, sorry about the knee problem. Hopefully rest will make it better. I'm looking forward to KenpoX too. Hope you enjoyed it. Glad to have you posting here too.

X- glad you started P90X. I'm really, really enjoying it. I was super hungry for 2 days and 3rd day was much better and has been since then. I'm not an expert at all on the recovery drink, but I know Sandra (fiddlefit) says something about 4:1 (carb to protein) ratio. I love the vanilla protein powder mixed with fat free milk, with a 1/2 a banana, yummy! How did I live without this before? I agree, Cathe's workouts have made PlyoX very doable for me. I was able to bring it even better the 2nd time thru. We had a little dachshund that ate a peach pit and it wedged in his intestine. The vet found it after a few days when the dog lost a little weight. He then performed surgery and removed the pit. That dog always was a garbage gut LOL!

Monica, it was my 2nd time doing Shoulders and Arms. First time I was just like guessing and experimenting with the weights. Nice that you have a 2nd round to fine tune a little. I made notes then and followed them for today's workout. You are a wonder woman to resist cheesecake! Way to go! I may be starting the Doubles on Phase 2 also. I've just been holding back as I want to have enough energy to fuel my strength workouts.

Lea, hope Back & Biceps was good for you today. Sounds like a tough one. Are you doing pullups for that one? I'm using the lat pulldowns on my Bowflex.

Hi Traci, glad Lukie is feeling better. Hope he was able to go to the bathroom. Misery it must be. Wow, that will be some big Christmas get-together. I thought ours was big with 25. Do your arms get a "pump" when you work out? Mine never did before. Just these last 2 workouts (this week). What's up with that? They went back down later on. Traci, thanks so much for relaying your experiences on this P90X to us. It's sure a learning experience. Loving it though. Oh yeah, YogaZone was my first yoga tape and I liked it a lot.

Sandra, sounds like a really busy day for you. So you got a pump too from Shoulders & Arms! I honestly had never experienced that before with my other strength workouts. 30 tricep pushups is great. I think the guys in the DVD struggle more with these than us women. Think because they have more upper body weight to push up? I find them fairly easy.

Laurie, sorry your DD is sick. That's hard to watch when they don't feel well. I enjoyed StretchX last Sunday. I kept thinking of the Slim Series Cool It Off, which I liked a lot too.

See you all in the a.m.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.