Xers Chai Time Thursday

Hi all,

I ended up doing 4ds Bootcamp lower circuit and added on the last leg round at the end. That workout is actually pretty good, and I was sweating buckets, but I think that was mostly because its over 70. I'm tryng to vary the weights for different exercises each time I do legs, so heavier on squats one workout, then lunges, step ups etc. the next. I couldn't stick with the one heavy one light leg workout per week, unless I'm injured or on a recovery week. It was a nice idea though. Then I did Amy's slo mo core. No yoga, just some stretching out of the hips because my upper body is tired.

Today is my rest day. I have class tonight. This one is actually pretty good. I found out a couple of weeks ago that the final certification requires more $$ and about 1500 hours of a supervised internship. Oh well, I'm really not doing anything else right now, and it sure beats domestic stuff.

Have a great day and I'll catch up with personals between work and class.

Tracy

Back for a few personals.

Debra: Sorry to hear about CB issues. Hopefully, everything will level itself out with a little patience and time. I'm hurt. Where's the love? Of all the Xers ladies here, I thought you would spare me a little sympathy and understanding for my suffering feet. Humph! I'll remember this!:p ;)

Sandra: I'm so proud of you! Working on your thesis, being Super Mommy, and sticking with another round of the X. Wish I could join you and Laurie, but I have no desire to buy X+ within the next few weeks. I can't wait to hear what y'all have to say about it though. Check you out! A British nanny! You'll do anything to stay in bed won't you. :p :7 ;) Speaking of which, I spent most of my day in bed yesterday. After posting here, I took a bath, talked on the phone, did a quick run to buy bottled water, and went to visit the Thai restaurant owner. I know, I should be sick of Thai food by now. Anyhow after lunch, I slept until 7PM, ate some dinner and slept until 2AM. So, yeah. I guess I do have some serious sleep issues.

Teddygirl: Nice to see you still cranking away with workouts. I'll have to continue reading to see if you did back to back Cathe chest workouts. Are you CRAZY!

Jeanette: What's Garage Boys? Is it a bunch of guys from your bike group riding trainers with you in the garage? Does your husband know about this!:eek: ;) I'm so glad to be back home. I tell you, it's tough posting pictures at a coffee shop. It takes forever. While the picture is loading, I am so bored. It's not like being at home, where I can use the bathroom, heat up my coffee, let the dog outside, etc... I just sit there and stare at people (not the most polite thing to do.) Thanks for the gym style recommendation. I will do that one today since I don't own any of the pyramids. I might throw in a core workout too.

Laurie: Don't think I didn't see your Starbucks reference. I would never veto coffee!!!! In fact, bring some! Please. I find coffee always tastes better when someone else makes it!:D What a good dh! I had to bribe Phil to massage my feet last night. They're still sore. I'm so not conditioned to be sexy!;( I hope the snows move away from you soon. It's no fun having to let the dog out and drive in it.

Okay, I'll have to continue personals after I heat up some more coffee and let Baby out for her morning cat chase.

BBS
Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Hi all!! Just hopping on to wish everyone a good day! DD is heading to the circus today with her school and she is very excited....and it saves me from taking her! CBL asked me to meet him for breakfast this morning, but other than that I don't have anything big going on today. I need to clean up some paperwork and pay some bills...which doesn't doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun to me. I will definitely be spending some quality time with Eoin today...I don't think I did any yoga last week due to illness...I just ended up skipping those days...and I know that these hips are definitely tragic now!

Well....the diva is ready early this morning...Can you believe that?? It is all due to the excitement of the circus. At least I am not riding on that bus!!!

I will bbl to catch up with personals....I go to most everyone last night except for Jeanette's late night post...and Lea's...and of course, Wendy is up and perky this morning now that she has her DD coffee! Wendy, I posted a quick catch up on everyone yesterday evening....just as you requested.

Good day to all!! See you this afternoon.

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

To be a part of this Dance even for a moment is an unfathomably huge gift---Eoin Finn

0101_10009001662.gif
[/url]

Classic/ Week 12/ Day 4/ YogaX

Nope, no yoga today! I'm enjoying my 3x30 minute sessions throughout the week. Today I'm going to do pure fun cardio: Amy Bento's Step Challenge II.

The Chinese New Years thing yesterday was because we have Chinese neighbours up the street from us. Their 8 year old daughter is my DD's best friend, and I babysit her for a couple hours after school every day. The father also picks up my DD in his car at the front door every morning, and takes her to the bus stop with his own DD. Saves me so much aggravation. Yesterday morning he gave me a tray of Chinese New Years cakes, since it's the start of their holiday. I wanted to get them something in return, but didn't know anything about the Chinese New Year. I went to Wikipedia and learned lots. Under a section about symbols, they mentioned that a number of flowers are associated with various things (luck, opportunity, etc). I thought, hey, I'll bet I can buy a bouquet of Chinese New Year flowers at my grocery store; they have a heavy international focus in both their food and products. And yes, there they were. So, I bought them a bouquet. The wife was so touched when I gave her the bouquet. Doing something nice for others is really the best way to make yourself feel good, isn't it? I'm so narcissistic :)

Okay, off to get jiggy with it. I'll BBL for more chat.

Cheers,
Sandra

:+ This morning! Its only 645am & ya'll wanna know whats up & where I am!!!! OK OK I'll tell......... George Clooney & I have finally decided its time to stop hiding our luv. We killed Wendell- had to dump the body & are now living a life of secret lust in Texas! I shall not be around much as George adores me and loves to do Yoga with me....He also says he likes mushy women so I dont have to workout anymore!:+ --- Dont ya luv a good murder mystery/romance story????

Silly gals...... Slept solid last night- have clients today so a good thing. Starting Pyramids schedule....
Biceps - 5 pyramids Up Only -using 7 exercises from GS/PS
Legs: GS Legs standing - floor if I feel the luv

LEA:::
Oh I am so glad you got some relief yesterday! I think acupuncture is so under-valued in this country. Good for you! }( ROF about DS! I do believe seeing mommy with needles in her body would be a bit disturbing! POOR CHILD! Cross Dr, seamstress, dentist, etc.... off the list of potential jobs!

JEANETTE::
LOL- Deb reminded you & you reminded me that I have clothes that have been in dryer for 3 days!:eek: The weather went from hot to cold so I totally forgot about all the tanks & shorts! LOL WOOHOO on the kickin' GB session!!! I think just thinking of warmer weather & activities makes me workout harder.... Beginning of winter is always mentally tough for me. :7 Are all these people in the videos we know what Cathe refers to as "Professionals" for STS??? Could I get THAT job???? What a blast!!! ~ Gotta love when you can hear your own breath!!! VERY COOL on the new trainer!

DEBRA:::
How fun watching a game! LOL on helping the teacher... I do believe its because the younger generation isnt really all that into helping others... Not being rude just saying that it seems to be a trait they got.... potentially from being born into higher income families & not having to work as hard to go to college, buy cars etc...They probably look @ you think whats up w/ that? ;-) Your weekend sounds like a total blast!! I'll ask ONE MORE TIME- can I PLEEZE have just a day of your life w/ CBL?:7 I am really happy that the CBL issues are things you are both willing to work thru... He sounds like a good man & we all know what a living doll you are so if things can be worked out GREAT! (& if they cant is he still vailable to take us out in April):eek: :eek: :eek:

TRACY:::
So sorry but I cant figure out your post to me yesterday... "I remember you commenting on SBT possibly being the only weight training you will need? I don't think I could do anything like that more than 2x per year no matter how effective." --- Best bet is STS??? If yes then I think I had said that "programs" STS, X+, X would be the basis for my workouts for most part...OF course if any other new "systems" come out.... }( }( }( I am working on re-building some lean body mass - I've lost some since December & just havent felt up to par since.

TEDDYGIRL::
Where ya been? I have taken more rest days in past 60 days than actual workout days ! - (well it seems that way!) LUV YA & so happy you are once again happy!!!:*

I'm all caught up with last night ut gotta run as I have a client..... I shall return AFTER Biceps to chat up today!!! :* :* :*

Slow & Heavy/week 3/day 4
Workout: S&H CB + MIS CB & planks

Good morning,

How is everyone, me I’m good:7

Wendy: Glad you are back:) will get the chances to check out your pictures, can’t wait!

Tracey: Nice work! Do enjoy your rest day, you are so dedicated, awesome!!!!

Tracie: I know you take rest days, I was only kidding with you:+ Your work outs are ALWAYS on point, true that. Okay, I hafta ask, are you starting PUB rotation today, Talk too me:eek:

BBL

I did it! I pushed play. How long has it been since I worked out? Since the end of November? Yes, I do believe it's been that long. Man oh man, it wasn't easy. After running up and down the stairs to change clothes, for a hair clip and my bottled water, I had to search my bedroom for GS legs. It took almost half an hour of searching before I was able to run back downstairs to load the dvd... only to find out that the girls took the X-box with them to grandmom's house!!!x( No problem. There's a dvd player upstairs. I grab the dvd and my blue band and run back upstairs for the umpteenth time. Finally push play and realize after the 2nd exercise that I have to run back downstairs to get the highstep and risers. All that running up and down the stairs counts for cardio. Right? ;-)

Gotta open another window for personals.

Wendy

Good morning,
Today was Slow & Heavy Legs. Went heavier with them today, really concentrating on feeling the fibers. I'm sore on the sides of my bootay from Leg Conditioning Drills yesterday. I also previewed a little of Gay Gasper's Cardio Step Express and think she is a great cuer, like Christi Taylor, cueing far enough in advance for your mind to register what she's saying, then react.

I don't have much time to post as I went to Wendy's blog and was laughing so much. Oh my gosh about the toilet!

Tracy, good job on the 4DS legwork. I have not tried any leg work yet from 4DS, but now that my mind is tuned in to working legs, I'm sure going to. Which workout in this April 06 rotation would I sub 4DS for?

Wendy, I LOVED reading your blog this morning!!!! So funny. You sure have a gift for writing. The Garage Boys is just a bunch of us biking enthusiasts/racers that would rather suffer together than in our own garages. The guy that hosts it has a nice big garage and so kindly allows us to leave our bikes set up on the trainers. He also has a heater for really chilly days (you don't need it for long, believe me), a TV for watching the DVD's. Yep, DH knows all about it, but he's so used to me doing group sport activities with other genders that he has no problem with it. Most all the guys he's met before. Now, if I start slapping on the perfume, making sure my hair is just so, wearing boots with 4" heels on them to it, hmmmm, he might suspect something.

Debra, hope your diva enjoys the circus today. How exciting for her. Have a good time at breakfast. I love breakfast out. I could really use some yoga for these tragic hips. I should have done that instead of previewing the new step DVD this morning. Oh well.

Sandra, have fun with Amy's SCII. I received SC in the mail yesterday. Need to preview it. So thoughtful of you to give the flowers.

Traci, LOL about you and George! We are definitely on the same wavelength here. Those eyes of his!!! You are making me jealous with talk of wearing shorts. We usually don't get the shorts out for another 2-3 months or more. I might have to get the fake tan stuff out soon.

Latrese, hope that boss goes away. Bosses really cramp our style.

Got to run, BBL tonite.

Jeanette

Continuing with personals...

Sandra: Whooo Hooo BB and ARX are done! Congrats!!! BB was never one of my favorites. Heck neither was ARX!!!!LOL

Traci: I miss seeing your smiling face in the wee hours of the morning! Tell George to get in line! We've been here much longer than him. And, shhhh... He's not as hot as he used to be.:p ;) Y'all can stop it with needing downtime. Not to sound harsh. But, I'm back and I need some butt kicking. You ladies need to step up to the plate and deal with me!!!!:7 :7 :7 :+ Kids? Oh yes, my children.:) They are still at grandmom's house. I guess Phil wanted a little Wendy time to himself.}( We are driving there tonight to bring them home. I miss them much. They shouldn't be too far behind in their school work. Phil and his mom has been working with the twins. Eldest dd is doing all of her work independently with a little help and check from MIL too. OMW!!!! Hussy!!! LOLOLOL Yes, that's a language that needs no translation. In retrospect, I should put the heels in my carry on and wore slippers until my plane landed.

Nicole: What's this I hear? Problems on the home front? I need to go back and catch up with your life. Do I need to tell your dh to go back to work and leave you alone?:eek: Or have you already taken care of that?;) Seriously, I hope everything is okay with you both. Hugs!!!!

Teddygirl: Glad to hear everything is back on track with you and Ted. Let me tell you, he can't be any worse than the salespeople at the malls in Thailand. OMW! I kept saying, "Thanks for announcing the discount. But, I can read. If I need anything, I'll find you." Apparently, the only thing most of them could understand in english were numbers (discount, price, change due). So, they would literally follow me around their section of the store announcing the discounts for each item I touched. Finally, I turned to them and say, "Why you gotta be all up my back? Goodness, you act as if I'm gonna steal these cheap clothes which are a good 5 years behind the times!" They would just smile and inform me that the shirt in my hands was 20% off. sigh

Tracy: What a pompous a$$! You go on and humble that man!!! LOL WTG! I can't believe you have any fat to lose! Your son must look chiseled. He must post his pics and shame my dh into another rotation!:7 Interesting post to Sandra about lactic acid. I haven't read her original question though. So what does this mean? Should one focus on endurance before heavy weights? Or does heavy weights work best once the endurance is built up for a particular weight selection? As you can see, I'm confused. What's new!:7 No, you're not out of the loop. Normally, I travel in comfort. But, dh really adores me in high heels. Must be a guy thing. LOL Anyhow, absence made my heart grow fonder and Thailand made my mind go a little crazier. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!:+

Okay, I've gotta take a bathroom break, make a few phone calls, and let the dog out. BBL to finish with yesterday's personals.

Ballistic Hugs to All!
Wendy

Morning Xers,

Round 3/Phase 3/Week 10/Day 1
Workout: Chest Shoulders & Triceps (done) / Ab workout later today and Kimberly Spreen's Box 'n Flow

The snow has stopped for now! :D We had about a foot of snow, and because of the blowing DH had to blow out the driveway twice. x( Church cancelled service last night, so I didn't have to venture out. We decided to watch a movie (Pirates At Worlds End), and had some munchies (popcorn). It was a nice relaxing evening, and my headache went away as soon as I went out to help DH with the driveway. So I did get a little cardio and back work in yesterday. :D

I have never done a Firm workout, but has anyone seen the new one that they are putting out. It looks like it might be a sub for Core Syn. http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1184834060 of course I always hate the fact that they have to have gadgets for their workouts. x( I don't know why this one makes me interested. I have never liked what I have seen from the Firm before. :D

Wendy, I had to LOL at your blog, you have a way with words. :D I will like any coffee we get also. It is a have to have for me in the morning, just to get going. :D :D It sure was funny watching our dog try to manuver the snow banks. Since the banks where higher than her head. :D Yes I do believe that running up and down stairs counts as cardio.

Debra, Nope paying bills does not sound like fun. x( Have a great time with CBL at breakfast this morning. Hope your DD has a great time at the circus. Guess where I am going on Friday night! If you guessed High School Musical on Ice then you get a gold star for the day! x( I have heard this show on our TV so often, that it just kills me that I know some of these songs. :D

Sandra (Cathe Cat), What a wonderful thing to do for your neighbors. I should be so thoughtful. :7 :7 I just never think of things like that. ;-) I did make DH feel guilty about not putting the dog out. So last night after the snow had ended, he had to go out and help a friend get his van out of his driveway. DH did let the dog out. :7 :7

Traci, Dang, does George have a brother. :7 :7 :7 You just can't go missing for no reason. What you wanted to sleep well this morning! :7 It was a slower ride into work this morning than yesterday! :7 :7 All the bad drivers where back on the road. :7 :7 Our company did say that we could work remote from home, and LOTS of office people took advantage of that. Of course I don't have that feature, so I came in to work. I'm glad I left work at the time I did, because we had blizzard conditions when I did finally get home.

TG, Glad you and Ted could work things out. You are really working your chest & back today! So you are back to adding on MIC to your workout. I remember it being a fav of yours.

Jeanette, Those Leg Conditioning Drills are good for that area. :D DD's vacuumed the family room, and emptied the dishwasher. So what I had on the list did get done. We probably won't start seeing spring until some time in March. But we do get snowstorms in March and April too.

Tracy, You got that lawyer good, sounds like he was just trying to be contrary! :) Glad your DS is seeing results from the P90X rotation. These workouts really fit men the best, at least I think that. But I do like the way they work my upper body too.

Lea, I like the word yoganess. I'm guessing that your soreness is because your chiro did a good job on that back? :D

Just received a phone call from one of my suppliers. He is an inside sales guy that I talk to often. He had a stroke at Christmas, and I'm guessing he was a little bored at home. But said if I wasn't getting my problems solved because of him being away to just send him an e-mail. The guy doesn't have use of his right hand, or leg but still wants to keep busy. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie: The Firm, I’m liken what I seen, good Lordy! I uses too be a firm believer BIG TIME, OMG. I still have some of The Firm workouts, I just can’t part with the oldies, like Standing Legs, Sandra (name check) :+ who played in Conan the Barbarian, (movie check) :+ I decided in order for me to get guns, yeah right :+ or a nice tone BY the summer, I have to bring it! each and every time I work UB, Enjoy!:)

Back again! SCII was so much fun today. I finally nailed the last bit of tricky footwork/timing. Sweat was flying. Fun fun.

Wendy - I briefly skimmed the pics on the blog. I was alarmed at the red toilet/tub! I'll have to go back and read your commentary to understand all that. When does my Chai arrive? Thank you for your kind words. Did I mention that I've missed you? :D I absolutely think your stair climbing today counts for cardio! The aggravation factor alone probably brought your HR up at least 10bpm! I don't own even one pair of high heel shoes. No fibbing.

Tracy - I did that premix once, and I agree that it's good. But then, I'm unabashed in my enjoyment of those workouts. Yes, your leg workout idea was a good one LOL!! Too bad not all ideas manifest as well in reality. So, what will this certification be called? Will you be able to use it to move around on the career matrix? Holy crap about the arrogant lawyer/dad. Maybe you can get a job where you don't have to deal with parents! Yes, a social science PhD here does not compensate enough to make the extra aggravation worth it. I seriously wish I'd have stopped with my Masters and gotten my career started. But I didn't, and there's no point moaning about it. I'll just make the best of where I am now. I don't understand the point of endurance type workouts anymore. Heavy lifting tones your muscles at the same time as it makes them stronger and more defined. You get two-for-one! Who seriously needs to be able to curl a 25lb bb for 10 minutes? Unless you're a rower or something. I'm a mother; I need to be able to lift 40lb children in and out of shopping carts, 12-15 times on grocery days.

Debra - Dearest Debbie, how was breakfast today? Do you meet at a restaurant? And does anyone call you Debbie, or did I just commit a faux pas? I hope DD enjoys the circus! I'm glad I'm not the parent chaperone for that trip! Loved your Wendy Update yesterday! What a KB mish mosh you did yesterday! All that changing of dvds would have driven me bonkers. I look forward to the Workout Blender software, so I can create stuff like that without all the changing. I'm glad it made you feel so good. Good for you for learning to deflect the blame for everything that goes wrong in a relationship. And no relationship is perfect all the time, is it? Having said that, there are limits, and you obviously reached yours with XDH. He actually sounds as though he was mentally abusive. That, obviously, cannot be tolerated. I'm glad he's gone; you set a powerful model for DD to learn that she should not tolerate that kind of treatment from men. She deserves better than that. You already sound pretty mature to me. You hit the nail on the head though, in that the "ideal" woman in our society is one who remains infantile compared to her paternal husband. It's a systemic form of chauvinism. If you think my girls are going to grow up thinking they need to get permission from their husbands/boyfriends for anything, you can think again LOL!!

Traci - Aaah, there you are! I *wondered* why George wasn't coming around here quite so often!! Tell him he's neglecting his other "duties" and if he doesn't get here soon, I'll cancel the post-dated cheques!! Money talks! I *hope* programs like STS and X, X+ are effective for year-round training, because it's what I intend to do! I've come to love the heavier weight training and am reluctant to turn back to the lighter weights. My biceps and back are that lovely tired today that tells me I did good yesterday. Frankly, when I see the definition in my body these days, I just want to keep on truckin' on with P90X! I never thought I'd be saying those words at the end of Week 12!! Not one day of whimpering and whining for me?? Did you miss that whole end-of-phase-2 "My elbow hurts, I'm tired, I'm bored, I'm quitting" saga I put us all through?? Or maybe you were smart and skimmed past it all LOL! I whine every dang morning until the coffee kicks in. Then I want me weights!!

Teddygirl - My hat's off to you for sticking with the slow pace of SH for so many weeks. Thanks for giving me an echo yesterday. I was feeling a little sad that no one would give me a hey and a ho ho :) So you're still Teddygirl! What happened to Anointed?

Jeanette - Oh, you must do 4DS legs soon. I think you'll like them. I'd substitute them for GS Legs, PLB, or SH Legs. They focus on short sets and heavier weights. No endless low-ends to be found! Okay, I'll preview Amy's SC along with you this week, and maybe throw it in my recovery week. Has George been busy with you, too??? That man must have gotten onto my computer and skimmed through my address book. I'm sure the Xer women are his cup of tea! The CST woman is Laura. Even notice how Phil grabs her hand at one point when they're getting a drink? Then Tony comments he "can feel the love" in the room. Yeah, I've watched these workouts too many times...and have yet to see a voodoo doll!

Laurie - Man, move to Edmonton! We get less snow than you!! Is this a larger than usual amount for you? Guess what? A year after registering, I finally found out what my MDB password is! I was skimming through old emails looking for something and found one from BeachBody that I don't know I ever read. There at the top was my MDB password. Who knew?? I even managed to log on today and play around on the website a bit. They have meal plans they'll put together for you, similar to what's found in the P90X Nutrition manual. You're in the homestretch of Round 3!! Are you noticing any physical changes? Are your weak areas improving? (Do you have any weak areas left by now?).

Lea - A late evening post from you! I'm glad the acupuncture/chiro gave you some relief. My father even extolled the virtues of accupuncture to help his back, and he's soooo not the type to go for that sort of stuff. It must work, if he's willing to pony up the money for it!

Time to shower and vaccuum before I go pick up the nanny for the afternoon. Have a GREAT day!
Sandra

Starting off with saying that I am beginning my personals w/ today thru Sandra post;-) I am alotted only so much computer time today as I have GS Legs to do so all who post below Sandra- HOWDY HO!!!!:7 I'll catch ya later tonight or tomorrow!:*

Pyramids ala Traci completed.... that was about an hour ago & the arms are STILL shaking..... My word I'm a good trainer;-) In an effort to push thru this grueling workout I started talking to myself (outloud of course) EXACTLY as I talk to clients who need a push.... IT WORKED!

Heres what I did - 5 Pyramids UP for each exercise..about 35 minutes..... YOWZA
BB Curls: 4/4 count
DB Crazy 8's: 2/2 count (YES- Crazy 8's in rep counts of Pyramids + increasing weights!)
Concentration Curls: 2/2 count
Curl Ups/Forearms Down: 4/4 count
Wrist Curls (palms up) standing (no using legs to support my forearms!)2/4 count
Eccentric Hammer Curls: 2/2 count adding wt load to bottom of DBs (thank you bowflex select tech weights!)
OH MY OH MY OH MY!

I shall probably get the BB stuck on my back w/ GS Legs :eek:

Personals:

WENDY
I LOVE seeing you starting the thread!!!!! Made me smile immediately! So glad you are home sweets!!!!:* I must say the bathtub/toilet pics turned my tummy and I quickly closed the screen! I cant handle vivisd images as they stay w/ me....May I call you tonight when I have nightmares @ 2am?;-) ~ I must say our taste in men differes just a tad! I think Clooney & MOST men just start to look hot at 40+. To me all the "boyish charm" is wasted on the young- I like wrinkles on men- I think it tells a story of their life.... I also like when a man no longer feels he MUST be cute- he can just "BE".... When I was in my 20's I only dated 35+ old men... They had a much larger perspective of the world & since I was a serious corporate ladder climber I was more mature than most "girls" that age... anyway- all that to say...GOOD! Find your own hottie!!}( !~ Happy SEE THE KIDS day!!! What a great evening for you!!! HOORAY on pushing play AND the awesome stair workout!!! If I had stairs in the house I'd make my clienst do stair climbing circuits!!!}(

TRACY
Your workout yesterday actually sounds like a total blast! I LOVE BC & I know you didnt really get into it so I'm happy you have found a way to use it!!! YEAH! Have fun in class & glad its something you see as useful long term... Lifes too short to do anything less.

DEBRA, DEB, DEBBIE}( If Debbie is a faux paux then I'm sure all my "Deb's" drive you crazy!!! Do you have a nickname???? My alias's are Tree, Trac, Teddy..... I also answer to Stacy but thats only used when I'm being a *itch! :7 Hope breakfast was AWESOME! I love breakfast too - seems Jeanette does as well! I could wait til 11am to eat & just pork out on a big breakfast & call it a day on food! ~~ In TOTAL agreement w/ Sandra that you are a wonderful role model for DD! Life without challenges is no lesson for kids in my opinion...Its showing them how strong the human spirit is & that as women we are of as much value on this planet as anyone. Marianne Williamson wrote a beautiful book years ago called "A Womans Worth" it is such a great gift to give any woman finding herself-

TeddyGirl
Thanks for trying not to make me feel like a slug with all my days off!:* I think I'll blame it all on Wendy...ever since she started this riduculous travel schedule I have been "off".... works for me! ~~~ Feel free to join me in my rotation ;-) I LOVE company!!!

JEANETTE
OY! I REALLY dislike SH Legs!!! Even SLO-Mo legs is torture to me- I have the attention span of a pea!!! ^5 on all you are accomplishing & willing to try with your leg workouts!!! Be safe...Heavy legs is hard on the body- at least for me. ~ PLEEZE dont wear "our" George out on the days you have him!!!!:*

LAURIE
I'm gonna wring your neck!!!!! NOW I have to have those new cardio core FIRMS! Looks like effective fun to me! Let me know when they go on sale.....How much is THIS gonna cost my company?;-) I am very glad you are safe- stay that way..... Have you ordered your XXX Tank yet???

SANDRA
What a sweetheart you are! Isnt it wonderful living around people of diverse cultures? I just love it!!! When my dad came to visit he would comment all the time about "no white folks in Texas" - I told him thats one reason I stayed! He's from that generation that only knows what they knew....Oh Well- his loss!~~~ Nearly 100% of our new grocery stores (chains) all have HUGE international sections..Its wonderful to get the real deal. ~~ ANOTHER woman I have to share George with? wait a minute! I'm actually pretty darned impressed at his stamina!:eek: I guess you can buy THAT as well these days!!!! ;-) ~ ~WooHoo on nailing your footwork!!!! Now what will you do to keep them exciting? Perhaps a BOSU in your future???~ I have an idea for you for yet ANOTHER business...I think you should write greeting cards! Your way w/ words is just so eloquent! ~ LOL on the phase two era! OF COURSE I recall all that but it wasnt REALLY whing- it was talking out what to do to prevent further injury....WASNT IT???:7 BTW: Make the nanny vaccuum! }(

ETA; ROFL!!!!!!!! I LOVE Chris!! (STS Forum answer)
"""Let me try to answer your question from several different angles. You asked; what is the science behind lifting heavy doing only one body part per week?" :+ "Well, let me begin by asking; what is the science behind lifting heavy doing three total body workouts per week?":+ ROF "To be honest, there really is no exact answer to these questions because science has never (nor will it ever) be able to precisely define what is the optimum workout? You can certainly find books that do this, but not true and valid scientific studies. Both types of workouts listed above are totally acceptable as they fulfill the requirement of at least 48 hours “rest” between workouts using the same muscle groups."

Hugs to all- off to fry the legs!!!:+ :+

Hey!!:eek: :eek: Where'd everybody go?????:eek: :eek: :eek:

ANYWho..... GS Legs done.... All of standing & half of floor (timing issue) OK- today has kicked my butt:eek:

Off to lick my wounded muscle endurance ego
:7

Tracie: I'm here!:) Nice job with your workout today:) I most definitely will be including PUB in my weekly rotation, geez, I forgot how brilliant this workout is, thank goodness tomorrow is leg day. My upper body is feeling the pain and the gain, even me triceps:9

Wendy: Pewee on the toilets what is that? I could barely look:eek: is that blood or sh##?:+ You crack me up, but I vote yes ripping and running back and forth up the stairs surely merit you a cardio workout.

Hey Traci and Teddygirl! I'm here! Taking a break from my writing to see how you're all doing.

Traci, Can I just ask how someone who doesn't have the attention span for SH has the attention span to do what you did today with your biceps? My goodness, you've worked it today! Do you follow Cathe's pyramid scheme of 12, 10, 8 reps? You say you did 5 pyramids up, so I'm thinking you did not follow Cathe' format. You probably have all that information in the rotation you sent me, but humour me. I forget :) That's interesting what you did with the Bowflex dbs. I saw them do that in the P90X+ upper body workout and thought it was genius. I could do something similar using my platemates, couldn't I? Did you get the BB over your head? I'll keep Amy's workouts exciting simply by not doing them very often LOL! And her premixes are actually excellent ways of adding variety. She's got some good alternative versions that promise to be at least as advanced, and possibly tougher. I'd make the nanny vaccum, but then I'd have to hire a housekeeper to play with the toddler! :) Chris gave a good answer to a good question. Why is your ME ego bruised? Was it something I said? I'm not being very supportive of the ME style these days, am I? My bad.

Well, time to get back to work.
Sandra

Howdy Xers!!

Yoga for me today. I'm not sure if I'm feeling Tony or Eoin, but it'll be something ;-) Busy, busy, but at least everyone's healthy :D :D :D

Wendy -- WELCOME HOME!!! 2AM? :-O I hope your body adjusts more quickly this time. Great job working out again!!! When are you starting the next round of the X? ;-) I loved your pics and description in the blog. I think I may just have used a field or tree. Sounds more sanitary, lol.

Hi to everyone else!! I'm off to do yoga and then I'll be back to catch up for real :)

Carol

Sandra:
Dont take too many breaks!;-) The pyramids this week are
12, 10, 8, 6, 4 let me just say... By the time I got to 4reps on exercise #3 I was screamin' for mercy! Doing the Crazy 8's as second exercise was really the kicker.... My guns were showin'! (already deflated tho!:-( ) .... The bruised ego for ME was jsut my way of saying that with the 4 weeks of circuits I found I had decent strength today but nada on the endurance.... The rest from heavy weights didnt seem to take its toll but the rest? Fa-get-about-it! :7 I felt very fortunate that only the first GS Leg move made me hoist that BB! I forgot she uses liter DBs & then just the BB for hamstrings later.... Oh thats right about Amys premixes! She usually does the "good, better, best" thing doesnt she? Good investment. GET BACK TO WORK!:D

CAROL::: Well Well Well! You are alive & kickin'! We miss you....
Speaking of missing....

NICOLE!!!!! Where are you???? Hope you are OK.

TEDDYGIRL:::
Join me any old time for some Pyramids! I'm sure you lift MUCH heavier than I do but we'd still have a ball!

Gotta clean up the workout area in prep for client tonight... :*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.