Xers......Celebration Wednesday....An old friend is back!

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Please ignore any typos. I ran out of time to edit:)

Yesterday I did PUB back and biceps, inserting 4 sets of assisted pull ups during the back pyramid, then doing 7/7/5/5/5 unassisted chin ups before doing the bicep work. It was a great workout and even with the pull/chins I was able to use heavy weights, the same I used on Saturday, so that was good. Then I ran, SS at a decent pace for about 2/3 then sprints for about ¾ of a mile and then a slower cool down. It was a good workout and I was drenched again from head to toe. Running gets so much done in so little time.

Today will be the butt/leg workout, PUB ch/sh/tri and some yoga. I’m going to insert extra push ups/dips between weight changes. No more upper body for me this week after today’s workout. I’ve done enough of that. So much for endurance weeks, I went to failure on the medium weight of the bicep exercises, so I guess that was good.

Traci – Does your fee include your travel time? That would be an issue around here because it can take a long time to go a short distance. Glad it went well. I’ll be interested in reading the rules book. I take nothing as the end all anymore. There are just no absolutes.

Amy – Didn’t you do the diet where you were eating lots of fat/protein a while ago? I was reading about the whole fat protein carb thing. I think the problem with the fat/protein type diet is that you still have to monitor calorie intake and it is hard to do if you eat fat. You were gaining then weren’t you?

Jeanette – I’m glad we don’t life where DSs could use four wheelers consistently. He probably would have had one and he has a need for speed. It is unfortunate that forest land is being closed, but I sometimes feel that its the only way that it will be preserved. I hope you enjoy the golf. I missed it, is DH taking golf lessons too? You are drinking coffee at 10? I would be awake all night! Caffeine past 7 and I toss and turn all night.

Cheryl- Keeping my fingers crossed for you good eating. It has to be a way of life.

Laurie – We can be terrible housekeepers together. The best thing we ever did was to put this white/tan/brown tile in our kitchen. You can never tell that it is dirty!

Wendy – GS legs is great! You can devise some subs for CTX & PS. CTX will be work getting whenever the downloads come. It is old but great. My kitchen remodeling is at a standstill because we ran out of money. For a LONG time, I had the ceiling half pulled out and nails everywhere. You can’t imagine. Finally we did get all of the drywall fixed because we took out walls. They are easy to take out, but the refinishing is a mess. All we need now is new cabinets. We have a mix of old junk in for the time being and I’m just used to it. I’m hoping that maybe if DH’s business holds up this fall we can finish. Last year we went to New Zealand, so that was my cabinets. I wouldn’t trade it though. I usually run about 3/5-4 miles. I’m trying not to go any further and work on speed instead of distance. I run on trails down by the river which is close to my house. I take the dogs, so I feel pretty safe, but even DS said the one trail is a little creepy. It is during the summer when leaves and foliage are out. I’m used to it, but still get unnerved every now and then.

Annointed – I love it when stores send me coupons. Did you get anything good? How long do you average working out a day?

Debra – The cleaning fairies rarely visit my house. I’d even settle for some pixies I find that I shrug one shoulder when I ride my bike. It is a constant effort to maintain good form, otherwise my shoulder hurts. I don’t know how I got that habit either.

Nicole – It isn’t in the high 90s, but low 90s/ high 80s. I think we are just used to it. That’s why we love to visit the west in the summer.

Sandra – I still love spending the day outdoors with the kids. Of course the outings have changed, but they love and appreciate the outdoors and I’m so happy that I could help them with that appreciation. It is so overlooked these days for all of the ridiculous gimmicks that people are into.

Lea – The avatar looks great. The new diet must be working for you. I just emailed my principal to give her a heads up as to why I avoid all of these breakfasts and lunches. All they have is carbs and foods I don’t eat. She was OK with it and said she is trying to eat healthy now too. People eat so bad.

Carol, Jenn, and anyone else; Hi.

Off to work.

Tracy

[font face="tahoma"]Happy Wednesday Xers![font/tahoma]

General Stuff
Training tonight with my guinea pig client… Doing Total Body again as I as I only see her 1x per week… Tennis rained out AGAIN! We are in the time of year where about 3pm every day we get downpours- yesterdays had such intense lightening that I closed all the blinds and took kids to center area with no windows- probably the most frightened I’ve been this year- the lightening strikes looked like they were on my patio.

Workout Plan:
I am supposed to do Plyo Legs & Triceps….. I went really heavy on SH back yesterday and feel extremely tight – not in muscle area- more in spine area—I think I will make Fluid Power Yoga a priority this morning and play the “scheduled w/o” by ear. Any one have suggestions for segments designed to help ease the back into normal?

P~E~R~S~O~N~A~L~S
::::::::::******:::::::::::::::::::::**********:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::******
Caught most yesterday afternoon -

[i ]AMY[/i]
Have you started Velocity yet? Fingers & toes crossed!

[i ]LEA- X[/i]
I totally agree with SandraX…. Daily recipes of every meal pleeze! LOLOL At least you need to cook- I thought Raw Foodist just picked from tree or ground and went on their merry way! I am wearing my Xer shirt to train in tonight… I just LOVE it! {{{{{{baby kitty cat}}}}}}} I can’t imagine… I bet you and Nicole will get to meet up soon- I am so jealous! Wanna come to Bakersfield in October????
Ok- Your days worth of food is ONE MEAL for me… Guess that explains your body vs. mine! Your new pic is really cute- I STILL like butt in air the best!

[i ]DebraX:[/i]
Biking..Pool Time… I REALLY want to be your adopted sister! Your routes for biking always sound so nice then you mention cars..I am such a weenie! Glad the glasses are working well for you and that you are figuring out all your new paraphernalia! LOL on your what do we call DH…. Will he be a DH-X????

[i ]JEANETTE-X[/i]:
WOOHOOOOOOO on successful golf ball swings! That must have tickled you pink! ~ I agree that TNation intimidates me… I’ll be reading something with interest then SMACK in the head with F-Bomb’s that don’t seem to really have a purpose. I’m no prude but do find the testosterone talk a little distracting and finds it makes me take the entire post less seriously- flaws in my personality I’m sure. ~ How sweet of DH to comment on your awesome physique! KEEP HIM! ` ROF about your act of aggression with dental assistant! Serves her right!! LOL

[i ]CHERYL[/i]
Hope you have a wonderfully productive day! We could have a eat raw day with Lea!

[i ]NICOLE-X[/i]:
Well you snuck in right before my post yesterday afternoon so I missed you! Your new avatar is darling! My gosh I never noticed how much you look like my first paying client Holly! That’s amazing!! Great pic ! Ms Photogenic! What yoga do you have on tap for today? ROF your detox post to Amy! I am so with ya on that one! I see you are back onto Sandra X for some updated pics… You go girl! We’ve had more Xer pics posted since you came on board than anytime in history!

[i ]TRACY-X[/i]
TracyX – Your title for todays thread brought a wonderful early morning smile to my face… YES- It feels like we are again complete. Thanks for thinking of the wording! Travel time IS included in fee as are 30 minute follow up meetings in first session + every 4 weeks. As far as travel- Houston is so big that I am only targeting & taking on clients in a 10 mile radius. That’s about 100,000 people so I think I’ll be fine! LOL!! Your Pyramid work is amazing girl…. I am ready to dig in to increasing weights again. Thanks for pep talk about it past few days. ~ LOVE that you took initiative to email about food choices in school! You are a pioneer!

[i ]SANDRA-X[/i]
I appear to have danced around your question about my client roster yesterday… I would like to have 3 early morning weekday clients and 8-10 day time weekday clients… Can ya round that up for me please? ~~ I’m worried about you! WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU BRING HOME EXTRA CHILDREN???????? What is this vegan lifestyle doing to you?????? ROFL on the group shopping outing- ROF

[i ]WENDY-X[/i]
Hope Mr. Sandman visited last night and you feel well rested!

[i ]TEDDYGIRL[/i]
Any sleep over company last night?

[i ]LAURIE-XX[/i]
Hope you have a great day!

[i ]JENN[/i], & [i ]CAROL[/i], & [i ]Swifty-X[/i]
Hope you guys are well!

Off to start the work day gang!

Good morning,

I'm heading to the basement to do some yoga. Today was going to be MuscleMax, but I think I'll do Yoga Shakti's Solar Flow II instead. I never got any yoga in yesterday, but didn't even realize it until I was tucked into bed.

Have a great morning, and I'll check back later and see how you're all progressing. Looks like everyone's admirably doing their part to generate lots of heat.

Cheers,
SandraX

RE: Xers......Celebration Wednesday....An old friend is...

And how is everyone this lovely Wednesday morning? I’m good. Yesterday, we shopped till we dropped brought lots of things man oh man did we caught nice end of summer sales, ended up with 4 pair of capris. Its' sad, a few days ago I went shopping in my closets and took out 7 pair of capris and 4 pants that I brought this year with tags still on them, also brought a couple pair of jean shorts the ones too your knees pretty sharp and a few other things. I’m all ready for trip just got to get my hair cut after work wash a few loads clean blah…blah…

Tracie: No Teddy Ted last night have way to much to do.

Tracey: your workouts are on point nice job.

This morning no time for down time :p hour jog and abs Tonight, legs and glutes if I have the time, maybe in between washing I can push it out who knows:D }(

Good morning,

My workout today was Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti matrix for about 50 minutes. Been so long, but it felt good and I needed it badly.

Tracy, nice topic for today, and yes, I'm soooo glad that Lea can join us!! Your workouts are definitely very thoughtfully planned. No, DH isn't taking golf lessons, nor does he really have a desire to right now. Think he will go with me next Thursday for a game with some friends and dinner out afterwards. My DS used to be into racing motocross, but now he's more into going slow and rock crawling with his 4-wheeler. Thanks goodness as I hated the flying thru the air and all. He got injured a few times, one time really rang his bell. Think that scared him and he quit. I usually don't drink coffee at night at all as it can keep me up. Last night, I was asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, even after 2 cups of coffee really late.

Traci, so sorry the tennis was rained out again. Was your DH sorry too? I love lightning, but it causes fires around here so no good. Hopefully, we will get thru the rest of this fire season without anything near this area. They predicted a really bad fire season, but so far, it hasn't been too bad up this way. The poor dental tech didn't hurt me on purpose, but I really didn't want her even going back to that sensitive spot and let her know STRONGLY that I meant it.

Sandra, enjoy the yoga this morning. I would need every bit of relaxation and drugs LOL to watch all those kids today.

Anointed, where will your trip take you? Will we be without you for a while? Glad you found some good buys on clothes. I don't even own one pair of capris. I need to get with the program. My legs are so short that I figure they will make them look even shorter. I should just try some on and see, instead of speculating.

Got to run,

Jeanette

Back in from my vanishing act. Geez! x(

WO- P90X Phase 1/ Week 2/ Day 1 C&B/ ARX - complete

With week one over, this time I'm feeling it good.:eek: DOMS with the inner thighs, and chest muscles and Abs all over. Not sure if I'm more comfortable with the flow and knowing the routines leaving me with more ability to concentrate on the muscles themselves. I'm really pumped for this Round2. Ability to do more reps on the pushup with better form. Pull ups are aggravating my hand injury but I'm watching so I don't get an injury. Yoga never felt so good last week.

I have a goal to order several yoga wo's which I see you gals use often. Any good suggestions to where the best place to order from?

Reading your posts - All I can Say is You girls rock! Working out and pushing yourselves.:7 I'm going to need some of your vibes to get me through this Round. It's going to be toughx( I can feel it already.

:7 Put DD on the bus for 1st grade today. I feel some freedom building into my wo and daily schedule.

DD's b-day party was a success! DH and I went to see Bourne Ultimatum Sun. and out for a sandwich following. Just a small celebration for our anniversary.

I promised myself I wouldn't spend all my day away pounding the keys.

But..... I'm tortured waiting for ttom to come. Suggestions for a 43 yo woman whose cycle is every 60 some days? I hate to see a doc and her recommend the "pill" to regulate. I just can't seem to get rid of the grouchies and bloated feeling while I wait. Okay, enough.

I miss you all. Have a super day!

Huggers to everyone! :7

Hi, everyone!

Taking a rest day today - need it - but couldn't resist checking in anyway.

Amy, a cycle every 60 some days? Sounds like heaven to me - but I am imagining you must have symptoms raging on during much of that time, which is not good. I have had very good luck with bioidentical hormones. If you have a practitioner anywhere near you, checking in with them might help.

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

Cheryl

Traci - good luck with that client tonight. Can't wait to hear the report.

Good Morning! Yes, that's 2 mornings in a row, guys!!! I was actually up a bit after 7 and went for a walk around the neighborhood already! I'm off to the gym for some total body stuff later, though.

Tracy- No, I haven't ever done the protein/fat thing. I guess that I'm a bit too "fat-phobic" to go Atkins-like. I was trying to get healthy fats in as well as to ensure that I had enough protein. I was also eating carbs as well, but when I went on the RT, I wasn't able to eat like that, so I got the taste for the bad stuff and haven't been able to kick it yet. I didn't gain any weight on that way of eating, but I *did* lose almost 9 inches! I plan to go back to that when I'm done with the V-diet.

Speaking of which, Day 3....still going good. I'm getting a bit tired of the chocolate/vanilla swap off of the shakes, but that's okay because I am supposed to be received a shipment of banana, strawberry, and orange cream today in the mail! Breakfast is a chocolate/mocha shake with a touch of instant coffee added.....YUM!

SwiftAmy- Welcome back from the festivities! I can't believe that you are already into round 2!!! I am sorry, but I don't have any recommendations about the cycle, thing. I know that Traci and Cheryl found Bio-Identical hormones a HUGE help, though!

Sandra- Waving to the Blur!!!

Traci- I hope that your guinea pig is enjoying herself! I know that you are putting a lot of yourself into the workouts! I am sorry about the raining of the tennis. We had showers here, yesterday, too!

Lea- Good to see you again, girl! Missed you!

Wendy- Are you buried in the schoolwork yet???

Nicole- Yes, I love your avatar and you are gorgeous!!! I concur with Traci.....Ms. Photogenic!

More Huggers to pass around!!!

Morning Xers,

Workout: YogaX :) Have to get my Tony fix. I have been neglecting yoga lately so have decided to chuck PLB for today. I will do a full body workout tomorrow.

DD ran her first Xcountry meet yesterday in very humid and hot conditions. Two girls where taken to the hospital and apparently their where a bunch that went down from the heat. It actually made the news broadcast this morning. She is on the JV team and finished 16th out of around 60 girls. She was the first freshman from her team to finish in the top 20, and both her coaches said they where very proud of her. She said she felt fine through the whole race. Told her sweating in 30lbs of clothing every weekend probably helps. :D She laughed. Ok so bragging about DD is finished.

Tonight is meet the teacher at youngest DD school, and she also has to get her picture taken. So that means I will be doing hair sometime tonight, and getting oldest to her Xcountry practice. But guess what, DH is home tonight, he will be helping out with one of these things.

Lea, So glad you are back in Xer land, and I think of you every time I put on my shirt. I don't have a stain on mine either. :D Had a friend of mine that dipped his hand into the whole foods. I don't think he was as informed as you are. He is back to eating vegan. :) Love your avitar.

Tracy, LOL about the floor, we have hardwood and it doesn't show the dirt either. Yesterday the girls must have spilt something on the floor, because my socks where sticking in places. So I HAD to clean the floor. ;-) With lots of grumbling on my part mind you. You are doing some awsome workouts. Oh yes adding the drills from cardio kicks to CTX kickbox is something I have done before also. Oh and believe me I feel like my life is not in control at the moment. I have not been able to get the girls out shopping for school clothes. This will be the first thing we do on Saturday next weekend. They will have to deal with the clothes they have for now. :D

Sandra, You are taking how many 6 year olds to the grocery store? :D My Mom had us hold onto the grocery cart when we where kids. :) I did the same thing with my DD's. We keep our fair clothes in our basement over the winter. Everything is hanging in my workout area. :D But it isn't in my way.

Jeanette, We usually send the dresses to the dry cleaners, because that is about all you can do with the beading on it. But we try to get as much of the dirt off of them as possible. My parents ATV is a quad, and they bought the seat so my Dad will drive and Mom will be the passenger. :D They are usually off with my Dad's brother, or my Mom's brothers. I can never get a hold of them. We are on shutdown mode here at work right now and I have been buying motors, v-belts, pumps and pulleys for all our air handling units on our roof. Being without air conditioning this week has been really hard. Yesterday was bad with the heat and humidity. x( Right now it is in the 80's in my office.

Wendy, Yes the perfume does have a hint of spice to it. I just love it. She has some new scents too that I like, so maybe he will buy me more than one. :D Will let you know how I do on the sneaky toe lunges. I think it is great that you are able to teach your DD's at home. Something that I know I would never have the patience for. I can teach them thing that I am comfortable with, like sewing, knitting and sports. :D

Nicole, So it took you this long to figure out the Nascar thing. :7 I figured there wouldn't be that many people on cathe.com that would have that as their log-in. :7 When we are done, as of this weekend, we will spend our Sunday afternoons watching and snoozing through races. :D Life will get back to some type of normal daily life. Youngest DD is signed up for ballet classes on Saturday mornings, and oldest DD is of course doing the running thing.

Traci, Yep I did the workout that drives me crazy also, but it is a good leg workout. :D She had it on the rotation for tomorrow also, but of course I'm changing it. :D I couldn't see myself doing that workout again. I am checking out prices on the L&L, so I will let you know when I receive it. As long as I'm checking are there any other YogaX like workouts that you, or anyone else for that matter, would recommend? I have to get back into the swing of yoga, I really miss it. Cathe has 200 walking lunges, I figure I can change some of those to sneaky. Those always really work the leg good. :)

Debra, Have a great time at the pool party today. Sounds like you had a great ride on your bike. I need to get some time on mine. Haven't really done to much.

Almost lost my post, it timed out. :D Guess that is what I get for trying to do my job and posting. Sorry for any errors, didn't double check today. Ok so I popped in to edit.

Have a great day!

Laurie

I'm back again, because it took so long for me to post some ladies snuck in on me. ;-)

Anointed, Your post put a smile on my face, it sounded so happy. Shopping must have been alot of fun. I take it you like capris. I actually bought my first pair a couple of weeks ago. In the past they never looked good on me. I have large calf muscles, and fat knees (don't laugh I do!). I think P90X legs helped my calf muscles alot, and I got a pair that covered up my knees. DD's and DH said they looked great on me.

Swifty, I understand what you are goin through with the P90X workouts the second time around. I gave myself permission to change Plyo, Yoga, and Kenpo with other workouts. I kept doing the weight workouts as is. Otherwise I think I would have given up. :) But it was so great to see myself doing all those dang push-ups.

Amy, Up early two days in a row, wonder if the shakes are giving you more energy! :)

Cheryl, Have a great rest day!

Now I'm off,

Laurie

Quick POP In before heading out for errands....

Stretched m back then decided to do a little back work on Door Gym that I didnt do yesterday... SH Triceps + some Military Push Ups + Plyo Legs.... Used 2# ankle weights so I did 2/3 of reps. I toast... Still not sure what Fluid Power sequence to do but I'm out of AM time anyway so I'll do that before training tonight... Been working all dang morning and reading WHERE ARE U emails from my mother every 15 seconds.....

I'll try and be back later gang! HUGS & :* 's to all!

Yoga.........check:)

DS to the orthodontist...............On my way!

BBL,

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

GS/BSB....check:)

Today calls for Drill Max Cardio leg blast premix. I feel like I should be hating Nicole now.}( ;-)

It's going to be a busy day. I'll try to get back on later tonight for personals.

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Oh, before I head off to the wonderful world of learning...

What the heck has been going on over on the OD?!?! Where have I been?!?! I can't believe some people! Where's the humility?!?!?! Is being right in one's own eyes more important than causing personal offense to another that might have been taken painfully? I think NOT! Makes me glad I wasn't playing on OD this week! Okay, I'll keep the rest of my thoughts to myself.

Now. Where's my coffee....

Wendy, who thinks Brenda can out step me with more grace any day!

Thanks for the advice on the bioidentical hormones. I will have to check into it.

Would a regular doctor know about this? I see the word practitioner (as in OB office/nurse practitioner?).:)

Walk- Check
Gym- check!
Play with the babies....check!
shower...no quite, but on the way

SwiftAmy- I think that Traci/Cheryl actually see a Bio-Identical practitioner instead, but you'd have to check with them to be sure.

Wendy- I here you! I just think that it's pitiful that someone has to come in, rag on everyone, and insult people, then cry "Why's everyone picking on me!" before disappearing! Talk about a hit and run tactic!

Amy - Thanks for the quick reply. Now go get that shower and come back smelling like a flower.:7 Oh, someone get me out of here. I'm ready to crack. Have a super evening Amy!

Wendy - I received my EZ Pass violation letter in the mail today. Your pedals are ready to ship out tomorrow. I am working on including a note with them.

I have some RT pics. I am interested in getting the one of Lorraine and I flexing on my pic trail. It may be a while. Hang in.;-)

I placed my order for Shiva Read Shakti and Long and Lean. Should be here next week. Yeah!

Hi everyone. No time for personals right now, even though I would love to catch up with each and every one of you. Just wanted to say that I have done my Gym Style Chest and Tri's and Slow and heavy Abs. I am taking a little break from Tony. I think he went flying through the air with the greatest of ease.

But I really wanted to thank everyone again for their kind and warm welcome backs. I love you all!!:p

For those of you who are really interested in my food intake(Traci X and Sandra X), here is what I ate so far today:
Breakfast: almond milk, raw chocolate, cacao nibs, banana, goji berries

Snack: Celery with Playfood Cheeze(vegan cheese made out of raw cashews, really yummy) and flax seed crackers

Lunch: salad w/homemade flax seed dressing and hemp seeds on top

Dinner: Probably a green smoothie(kale, orange juice(freshly squeezed),cinammon,banana, water)

How about you guys, what is your food intake, hmmmmmm??????

I hope that everyone has a great day!!! Catch up soon.

BTW, Tracy X - What a sweet post today. Thank you.

Lea X

Lea asked....How about you guys, what is your food intake, hmmmmmm??????

dont ask

x(

I stopping by to tell SwiftAmy that I smell like honeysuckle now....thanks to Cheryl!!!:p

Tells Lea that I'm doing a protein shake diet for the next 25 days! The first hurdle was telling DH what I was up to, the second was the shipment of protein powder (10 jugs!) that came in the mail today!!! He asked what that was and I said, "My groceries for the next month!"
So far, after 2 full days, I've lost 2.5 lbs! Of course it's all water weight now, but there's still hope!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.