Xers.....another quiet......Sunday

taprice

Cathlete
Hi all,

Just getting us started again. I'm going back to catch up from yesterday.

Looks like everyone was busy yesterday with life, but thanks to all who posted and we look forward to hearing from everyone else when they can find the time.

Tracy

Hi,

Yesterday I went to my FIL's 92 birthday party. He is the one who has been very sick and was in ICU most of last summer. He is doing OK, but every time one medical issue is resolved another pops up. If it wasn't for my BIL monitoring every medication and challenging the doctors' advice, I'm sure my FIL would be gone by now. He was happy to celebrate his birthday.

Only Yoga for me yesterday. Legs, cardio, and yoga today.

Jeanette - I'm so sorry about your dog:(. And it never fails that those things happen at the worst of times. Hopefully she'll be OK and dogs usually adapt quite well to things like that. Good luck on the triathalon.

Amy - There is a sense of accomplishment when you workout when you really don't feel like it. I actually had some of my best workouts then, but there is a difference between mentally being of and then just physically feeling like cra**!

Sandra - We've had some deserts here left from Mother's day and I've been indulging ever so slightly, but I can definitely see a difference in my attitude. I'm glad they are gone. Sugar is not good for me and I know it. It is just so addictive for me and I know that it is just empty calories, which I cannot afford.

Debra - I hope the cough subsides soon. That is so bothersome. Someitmes when I'm sort of sick I feel like a good sweat does do me some good. My DH swears it helps to get rid of toxins.

Tracy

Jeanette,
I am so sorry that happened to your baby!!! I can't imagine how horrible it was for everyone! My stomach turns when one of my girls get a scrape on the leg. I don't blame your dh one ioda for being angry. I know I would be furious! Did anyone realize that the border collie had this aggression in her? Or was it an unexpected fluke? Thankfully, y'all were able to locate a vet and get her some help. I've been thinking of you this weekend while away. Inlaws took us to see a nearby state park. There was a bike ride going on at the time. MIL's computer was down and I couldn't check-in before you left. I hope you got enough rest for today's tri! Sending you {{{HUGS}}} and ~~~~SWIFT~~~ vibes!!!

Tracy: Thanks for holding down the fort this weekend! Congrats to your FIL! 92 years old is something to celebrate!!! Enjoy your workout for the day. Which yoga will you be doing? Magically hips? I've gotta add Eoin's dvd to my collection!

Amy: CST gives me the DOMS. I never stopped to think about which of the exercises did it to me as I believe they all worked together to give my CST the DOMS. Good job pushing play! Sometimes that's all that's needed to get into the groove.

Debra: I hope you are feeling better today. Nice to see you got to sleep early Friday night while dd was at her friend's house.

Sandra: Sounds like you weren't able to go away for the weekend. How's your neighbor holding up with the delayed due date? Hope she's not too miserable! Thanks for the book recommendations and link. I will have to check it out later today. Spit out the chocolate! ;-) I won't even begin to tell y'all what I've been eating this weekend. ;(

Nicole: Hope you are still pushing play. How are you doing? How's the legs?

I didn't do Yoga Friday night as I intended. I haven't worked out this weekend either. I'm not sure if I'll try to play catch up or just start where I left off. Most likely I'll catch up on yoga, skip the rest day and go straight into my recovery week w/o which I don't recall what it is right now.

We arrived at my inlaws late Friday. I slept in Saturday morning. Then we spent the day sightseeing. FIL looks okay. He was shaking a bit after we stopped at the park. His appetite isn't like it used to be. I was suprised that he was able to remember a hot topic conversation we had about religion, drinking and homosexuality. About an hour later, he mentioned a conversation he had about drinking with his favorite uncle. He must have been thinking about it since his short term memory has left the building.

I've got a ton of laundry with my name on it. Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Hi to Laurie, Traci, Swift Amy, Cheryl, Mary, Lea, Debfer, Teddygirl, and all who follows. Sorry if I missed anyone. Slept in again this morning. I'm not fully awake.

Ballistic Hugs to All!
Wendy

Good morning,

Hi Tracy! You're right...it appears it's going to be a quiet Sunday. I'll try to liven it up a bit. How's your back? Did your flare-up subside? You must get quite frustrated by that. I don't recall: did you do the LM workout I mentioned on Friday? I did, and thought it was a nice variation. The blast premix on that one is not nearly as hard as on the other Imax's. I also held my medicine ball for all the blasts, except #3 and #7. There's a chapter in Eat to Live that discusses the relationship between animal protein consumption and cancer. It's got me convinced that avoiding meat and dairy is a good idea. But I think to make this work for me in the long term I need to be flexible. I'll probably eat some animal protein if we're eating at a friend's home, or on a special occaision (what's life without a Christmas turkey?). Sugar is such a nasty thing, isn't it? Especially when transformed into chocolate. Furhman encourages people to eat as much fruit in a day as they can handle. This is helping to keep my sweet tooth in check. Your CW workout with the pull/chin/push ups added in is very creative. You're doing so much better than I at sticking with those things. I keep intending to do them, but never seem to get around to it. Hmmmm.

LaurieX - you have a busy weekend on the go. Enjoy! We might take DD to see Shrek3 today or tomorrow. She really wants to go. How did you all like it? My DD changes clothes frequently, too. Every individual degree of temperature requires it's own wardrobe.

TraciX - Miss you, but I know you're enjoying your weekend without the computer. Your version of fried cabbage sounds delicious LOL! Is that something they make in the south?

JeanetteX - On Friday you sounded so pumped up and excited about your weekend, and then bam, that terrible incident with your dog ensued. How's she doing? How was the bbq? And I'm looking forward to hearing the Relay Report!!! Did you take your friend's advice and go easy the first 10 minutes? Ooooh, you're tackling the woodstove tomorrow! Good luck with that!!

Wendy - So, you have computer access, but are choosing not to use it? Hmmm? Where are you, mon ami? How was the sleepover at the grandparents' house? My kindness towards my neighbour is one of those "what goes around, comes around" kind of things. I was in the same position when I was due with DD#2, and am extremely grateful to the friendly people who went out of their way to help us out. While I can't repay those people in the exact same way, I can give that kindness back out to the universe, you know what I mean? LMAO at your Shiva impression for DebraX. Excellent.

DebraX - How are you feeling today? That's nice that DD had a sleepover, so you had a chance to just rest. How was the antique show today? Find anything good?

Nicole - You say you're "bulking up", but has the number on the scale increased?

Mary - I'm sorry, have you recently lost your mother? My heart goes out to you.

Still no baby next door, so we aren't going to Drumheller. That's okay. My To-Do list is very long.

Cheryl, Teddygirl, Nicole, Amy, hello!

Yesterday I did High Step Challenge, and despite my exhaustion, the workout turned out to be excellent. Not sure where the energy came from. My motivation came from Tony. I told myself I would do that workout even if I had to "Cheat like hell" to get through it. Turns out, no cheating was necessary. Then I tacked on GS Legs' floorwork. That's not as difficult without all the standing leg workout immediately before it. I'm going to try to do floorwork 2x a week for a few weeks and see if anything good comes of it.

Today's a rest day. If I can squeeze it in, I'll do some PY4H.

Have a great day!
SandraX.

Thanks all for the advice. DH has been around all weekend so I couldn't sit at the computer. I don't want him thinking that's all I do:) He's gone right now so I'm writing my personals really quick. I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! I'll check in tomorrow. I did Kenpo yesterday and had a great time doing it. I don't know if that's because it's too easy or because I like pretending I'm beating someone up, like my tight pants:) You all are so wonderful and encouraging, I'm glad you're all here!

Wendy, My jeans are just getting tighter every time I put them on and we're talking witin days. I know I'm bloated because it's TTOM but I have never had this much water retention or hip expansion, ever! The wierdest part is that my measurements and weight are basically the same. I know my body has totally reconfigured to a shape I'm not used to. I like the flatter tummy but the tighter pants are not floatin' my boat. I usually carry my weight in my gut but now it has shifted to my lower body. All of my sisters hold their weight in their lower body. I am the only one who carries it in my stomach. Maybe it's morphing:) Hope you have fun with all the laundry, I'm headed that way after church:)

Debra, Thanks for the encouragement. Some days I'll feel good and other days I feel like crud. I started yesterday so I think that probably has a little to do with the bloated feeling I'm having right now. My weekend eating has been less than perfect. I really need to reign it in before vacation. I know I'm not going to keep strong on my diet on vacation but I am o.k. with that as long as I am down in weight before I leave.

Jeanette, Oh, poor Tillie. What a sad thing especially when you had a triathalon to be worried about. Life has the darndest timing. I hope she is chasing cats today:) Let us know how the big triathalon went! I'll say a prayer for you today.

SandraX, Way to go on the vegan eating. If my family could handle me doing that again, I would. I wish I was rich and could have a personal chef to cook my vegan food and I could cook the food for my family at the same time:) I do feel like I'm bulking up but my measurements are the same but my thighs are "smaller according to the tape. I don't know what's going on but I'm annoyed. I'll wait until recovery week to weigh myself again.

Tracy, Wow, 92 what a trooper. Sounds like he has a wonderful son taking care of him! Sounds like you're going to have a busy day with your workouts today! I took my measurements and weighed myself at the end of recovery week and they were the same. My thighs actually got smaller which is weird since ym pants are tighter than they were before. My weight is still 139 as of last week but I will not get on the scale right now because it would make me upset, I know. I have three sisters and they all carry their weight in their lower body and I carry mine in my stomach. I think my body shape is starting to change and I don't think I like the tighter pants part of it. The part I do like is the looser waist. I guess it's not so much"looser" as it is I can hold my stomach flat and it doesn't bug me as much as it used to. Maybe it's because I have switched my focus to the bottom half. I just hate putting on pants:(

DH is home, gotta go!

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Hi all,

Well, I ran/walked today and added about 3/4 of a mile. Then I did MM leg premix and added a few lunges. I still have yoga to do yet, not sure which one though.

Sandra - No I didn't get to the LM variation, but I will do it that way soon. I try not to eat too much red meat and try to eat more fruits, but to be honest, I have to be careful with the chemicals that they put on fruit because they do not agree with me. I probably eat more vegetables. My 92 year old FIL has always eaten lots of fruits and vegetables straight from the garden. I'm sure that is one of the reasons that he has lived so long. His wife outlived every one of her 8 or 9 siblings and I'm sure diet had something to do with it.

Wendy - Enjoy your time away, the computer and workouts will wait until another day. I found that out after we vacationed for 3 weeks last year. You can maintain with minimal effort.

Nicole - You are smart not to get on that scale. You're probably just changing shape. The good consolation is that if you don't really like it, it won't take long to get back to the original shape. A more shapely rear always tends to make my pants feel tight. Plus aren't thinner thighs a good thing? I get grief for being on the computer too. I'm more savvy about it now.

Jeanette - Still thinking of you. I hope that you are able to focus on your ride. Wishing you all the best.

Hi to everyone else.....

Tracy

Hey there ladies...Spent most of my day at the antique fair...which was lots of fun, but I coughed a lot...and I am feeling pretty worn out. I am planning on getting in a little pilates or yoga...but we'll see how I am feeling once I get done posting. I may try to get to the Dr tomorrow if I am still coughing like this in the morning...I have too much going on the next few weeks to be sick.

Jeanette...Thinking of you today on your ride! And hoping your pup is healing well!

Tracy...I would love to get a good sweat in, but every time I start to breathe heavy, I start coughing like crazy and can't catch my breath. Glad you got to see you FIL yesterday..sounds like he is doing pretty darn good for his age! I'm glad you enjoyed your workout today, too. How long were did you do yoga for?

Nicole...I certainly know how that is...I can be in a good mood and feeling good...and then get on the scale and if I am heavier than I want, my mood gets much darker! I try not to get on the scale if I'm in a good mood and just save those days for when I'm in a bad mood...then I can always be pleasantly surprised! When do you guys go on vacation? Glad you enjoyed Kenpo yesterday...I bring that one out still.

Sandra....Still waiting for that darn baby to come? i certainly didn't have that problem with mine...she started trying to get out at 28 weeks! Glad you just pushed play yesterday...most of the time when I do that I end up feeling better than when I started. I really like floorwork, I guess I am in the minority!

Wendy...Glad FIL is still doing well. It sounds like he was pretty engaged which is great! I wish you would do my laundry while you're at it...surely you wouldn't notice a couple of more people's clothes! Hope you got in your yoga...If not, just jump in with the rest of your recovery week.

Okay...I'm going for now and will try to fold some laundry since Wendy has come to pick mine up yet...and then gotta clean my goodies from the antique show...and then I will try to do some kind of workout. Hope the rest of you are having a fun weekend!

later gators!!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Hi all,

I'm back from the triathlon and will address that in a minute.

First of all, thank you, everyone of you, for your concern toward my little Tillie. Happy to report that she came thru the surgery just fine. DH picked her up yesterday from the vet's, with antibiotics and pain medication. I phoned a few times to check on her and each time DH reported that she was doing well, a little groggy at first, but getting more spunky. Today when I got home, she leaped up into my arms and just wagged her tail so hard and hugged my neck, definitely glad to see her mama. Her eyelids on her left eye are sewed shut. I have to call the vet tomorrow and see when the stitches need to be removed. She has a little swelling, but considering the trauma, that's very understandable. She pretty much is back to normal, already growling and playing and being bossy to our German Shorthair Lexxie, 3 years her senior. It's amazing how well she's doing. The vet did say when I took her in the other night that she'd bounce back quickly.

Now, on to the triathlon. I arrived in Auburn yesterday, went to the area where I was supposed to stay the night camping and attempted to find a spot to pitch my tent. I found an area, but afterwards started thinking I was too secluded and was a bit concerned, so moved my tent over by the lake next to my swimmer friend, who had just arrived. We went to the competitor's meeting which was packed and picked up our timing chip (which was passed from the swimmer, to me, and then to the runner), free T-shirt, free water bottle and other stuff. There were all kinds of maps of the different routes, but they were confusing to me, thankfully, I'd ridden the route the week before so decided to just trust my memory, also there would be volunteers pointing the way at all the turns. Also fun to check out all the folks, their body types and shapes. Some very lean, some very muscular and bulky, some packing some pounds, and just very normal and non-athletic looking. Met up with our runner and we relayed to each other what color tops we would be wearing so we could see each other when we handed off. There were tons of people there so you really needed to know what color to look for.

Went back to the camping spot, made myself some oatmeal and a banana for dinner, some cocoa and went to bed. Didn't sleep well for the 2nd night in a row. Still thinking about Tillie, and also that feeling that you have to go to the bathroom just a little, and that feeling won't be ignored. You might as well just get up and get out of the sleeping bag and go as it's not going to get better. Did that twice during the night and finally toward dawn, drifted off for maybe an hour or 2 of sleep.

Got up about 5:30 a.m., broke camp, made another bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and Jaimee (the swimmer) and I drove my bike over to where the swimming started. There were 8 porta potties set up and a huge long line which I got in. I had plenty of time as the relay wave of swimming went last. I got a chance to warm up on the bike a bit before the first of the 1/2 Ironman riders headed out on course. I rode back to where the bikes were to be lined up for the swim to bike transition.

When Jaimee came out of the water and up the ramp to where my bike was situated, I was ready. I transferred the timing chip to my leg, started my HRM, and set off. My strategy was to spend the first 10 minutes at a heart rate of around 145-150. 163 is the point where I start to go anaerobic. Worked perfect and by the time the big hills came, I was well warmed up. I passed tons of riders on the course (of course, most of them had just finished swimming .9 miles), but I felt really strong and just kept building. Having ridden the course the weekend before was a HUGE help mentally. Anyways, I finished the hilly 26 miles with a time of 1 hour and 34 minutes (thereabouts). As I pulled into the bike to run transition area, the runner spotted me, transferred the timing chip to her leg and off she went on the hilly 6 mile run, which we figured would take somewhere around an hour. I then parked my bike, ate some fruit, drank water, relaxed and watched as some of the athletes were starting to come in. The announcing was great, the whole thing seemed to run perfectly, super support, weather perfect. Our runner finished, definitely felt the heat and the climbing and was pretty fatigued. She said that she walked at one point on a long hot hill. Guess it was a pretty tough running course. We both kicked around a little after that, didn't stay for the burrito lunch and she drove me back to where my car was parked. I was wanting to hit the road and get back to my poor little Tillie.

All in all, it was a SUPER experience and I would love to do more relays like that again. My fitness and preparation was just right, couldn't have been better. Now I only did the 25 mile course. The next step up is the 1/2 Ironman, which is 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike ride and a 13 mile run. Much different deal there. Thank you everyone, for your support, thoughts and cheering. I felt you guys and had a big grin on my face for most of the ride.

Okay, this is really long, now on to some personals:

Tracy, glad you got to see your FIL. So sorry he has medical issues. My grandma is 92 also, so far not too many issues at all. She will be coming up to live with my Mom and Dad in a few months. My sister has been caring for her for the last 4 or 5 years and it's just getting to be too much. Glad your BIL can monitor your FIL. Glad he was happy at his birthday party. Thank you too for the well wishes. It was good that I heard Tillie was doing well at home. It helped me to focus on the ride instead of her.

Wendy, thanks for thinking of me. First of all, you cracked me up the other day when I read that you said you were the lazy Xer. Heck, I'm not even doing the X, that's how lazy I am. No, I think I really deserve that title. It's mine, girl. I'm off tomorrow and will be shopping for my CC ingredients. I'm so looking forward to making that for DS. No, I didn't get enough rest, but it didn't seem to matter. Think I will really sleep good tonite, with my little Tillie by my side and no real deadlines tomorrow to deal with. No workout this weekend? This will be your 2nd recovery week now I think. Hope it's a good one. Glad you got to visit with your FIL. Is the shaking from the cancer? LIfe is short and we need to spend time with our loved ones. That time will not be regretted.

Sandra, the BBQ was very good, up until the incident. I did go easy for the first part of the relay. Worked perfectly. We're going to take out the woodstove tomorrow morning and probably go out to the woods in the afternoon. Also got to get the trailer ready to roll this weekend. Glad you like the GS Legs floorwork. It's one of my favorites. Love the bandwork.

Nicole, do you think maybe your pants have just shrunk? I accuse my DH of washing my clothes in hot water and shrinking them. If your weight and measurements are the same, I can't see how you would even look any bigger. I have this silly gauge, if I can put my thumb and forefinger around my wrist, I feel okay. If I can't then I know I'm retaining water or gained weight. Like I said, it's silly. My eating has not been too good lately, but I'm feeling like I can start doing better soon. Think I will do a 1 body part a week rotation soon. Yes, when I called DH earlier today, he said that Tillie was out in the garage, worrying one of our cats, so that made me happy. Thank you for your prayers on the triathlon for me. You are so sweet!

Debra, sorry you are coughing. That's what I hate about getting a cold, the cough. I cough and cough and cough. The last cold I had too forever to get rid of that cold and post nasal drip, which makes me cough even more. Hope you get better soon. I know what you mean about being too busy to stay sick. You will be one super busy lady in a short time. I just love your house! The colors for the inside sound great.

Well, got to go now and do some more reading.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.