X'ers 12/29 FRIDAY!

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning X'ers!
Today is final day before Phase 2 measurements...so excited & nervous as PMS is officially in FULL SWING! Ya all know the drill...face puffy, rings tight, tummy not so flat in am...all the fun stuff! My neck/spinal pain really flared yesterday... attempted a move or 2 out of Core Syn to see if I could do it and just not possible. I decided to nurse the thing yesterday and today is more sore (like a bad bruise) vs downright painful (like a brokken vertabra). Will not attempt Yoga twists today but feel the need for something so will just see what the spirit moves me to do that is safe. i was starting to get frustrated yesterday about not being able to stay exactly on plan but decided to lighten up... There will be many P90 rotations in my future... I dont have to get the body of my dreams in this first 12 weeks... I mean its not like if I come out of this Miss World that I'll stop working out or anything so I just decided to enjoy the process and lighten up! (Hows that for mental health?)

TRACY: I get so upset when my posts dont post! No worries...just glad you're ok

LAURA: Sounds like you are starting to sort thru what will/will not work for your life. Thats so great that you bounced around some stuff w/ group but are making a decision that will be realistic to your lifestyle & goals. You'll find a great fit/balance for yourself! LOL- ya dont have to worry about ever saying you dislike a particular workout to me! Heck I dislike a lot of workouts if I'm not in that particular mood at the time I pop it in in. Even been a few days of Cathe in the past year that I "didnt like" her stuff either! lololol

JEANETTE: OMG you dont look like a prison employee! We have a friend who is about 58 (much older than you!) and she retired from prison system a few years back...SHE MISSED IT! and came out of retirement to go back to work! Thanks for helpiong keep all of us safe!
Had to lol at your list of 2007 things to do! You are much more ambitious than I! What you wrote about "why" you are doing P90X is a perfect verbalization of my reasons....minus the "performance in sports" part! heheheheeh

LEA: Ok you crazy girl....you need to now take full responsibility for my falling off the NO FITNESS PURCHASES FOR MONTHS wagon! I simply cannot resist getting Masters Series.... I will wait 24 hours to make sure its not an impulse buy (yeah right!) then I'm going for it. I cannot believe how terribly sweet you are to post all that info for us! You must be a speed typer....would have taken me hours! THANK YOU!!! BTW~ I thought Monica was "throwing out" her DH too! Got a great chuckle out of that one! My favorite 8 Track that I hung onto for dear life was AC/DC Highway to Hell. I recall my best friend trying to teach me to drive her stick shift and that music blaring! ahhhh to be 16 again! I am sooooo with ya on feeling like sleeping this week... Happened to me last recovery week too...could be that my recovery weeks are hitting on worst PMS days for me.

BUFFY: No worries on workouts being a bit funky this week. I think I told you that my first recovery week was Thanksgiving week and I got 1 P90 done and 1 cathe.... This week I'm off track again because of neck..... dont worry about it- your body will still respond next week!

MONICA: Congrats on almost being at first recovery week! I am so sorry about your head cold! Your plan about rearranging rest days sounds just fine! Do what you need to so you can just bring it! As far as Soy vs Whey... I think I've read that WHEY is absorbed into the muscles quicker and more efficiently tha soy.... I used to drink soy for the "soy benefit" but when I started drinking for muscle recovery and development I switched. YES! I lol when I hear that dont crack your skull! I think its near the end so the chances are even greater that I could do that!

DEBRA: OMG! DOING HAPPY DANCE about your DH coming home and your BF%!!!!!!! TOO COOL on both subjects! You must feel life is pretty darn good right now eh? I really like the burn I get from CH-SH-TRI too...shoot I get a good burn from ALL of them! lol someday I'll have to invest in an entire new set of higher weights!

JANE: I feel liberated as well! Like someone else said I was really starting to think that my 2 hour cardios would soon have to become 3,4, etc.... At some point the body jsut gets accustomed to all of it! THANK GOODNESS I have freedom & peace of mind of what to do. The way I look at this is that I can ALWAYS do an intense week of cardio (like the old days) and at least I'll get the "shock" value that I had lost! BTW: YOU ARE CRAZY! lololol... yes phase 2 is a shocker & you will indeed be working to exhaustion weather you want to or not! Now I say this keeping in mind that you are a heck of alot stronger than I am so it really may not be that challenging for you...shoot- if you report back that CH-SH-TRI is easy I swear I'll NEVER speak to you again!!!!! lolol RE: Core Syn progress ...nope- I dont find I'm getting any better at all except I do notice my core doesnt fatigue quite as quickly so thats a good thing! LOL 1929 Tape... just my way of saying they were old! I'm only looking at accumeasure caliper because I want to see what a digital one says... Hows the health situation in your household? I swear you juggle more than anyone I know!

STEHANIE: Oh YES I have that same photo box/bin in my guest closet... had mine filled...got married at 38 and combined DH's box with mine....Now I just have a MESS! Glad I can keep you laughing while being a banana! Just remember that Cathe says in one of her abs segments... "Oh Good they're laughing back there, that makes their abs contract more!" LOLOL One of my all time favorites! Congrats on Yoga improvements!!! Happy Dancing for new furniture.... I LOVE new stuff!!!!

Hope I didnt miss anyones personals... I feel awful when I do but my coffee cups empty and I need a fix!
Flex Girls!

Good Morning!!!

This morning I did KenpoX which was on yesterday's schedule. Tomorrow I'll have to double up which I tend to do anyway on Saturdays. I usually don't work on Fridays but I came in today because our office was closed Monday and Tuesday and I felt like taking today off was being a bit of a slacker.

Thanks for the pep talk Traci. I get hard on myself when I miss workouts but I guess if I'm going miss, recovery week is the time to do it.

Looking forward to the last 4 weeks of P90X. I like that the wokouts change every week instead of doing the same thing for 3 weeks in a row.

I'm having surgery (nothing serious) at the end of January so I'll be out of commission for a couple of weeks. I'm anxious to get as fit and lean as possible so taking 2 or 3 weeks off won't have as much impact.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Hi all,

Did Back & Biceps today.. wow this could become my favorite upper body workout! I plan on doing week 5 over again since I stunk last week and only did 2 workouts..

Buffy: hope your surgery is minor and you are up and around right away. I had minor surgery last Feb and had to stop any weight training for 6 weeks. I could only walk/jog etc.

Traci: you are an inspiration to us all!

Bring it! ;-)

Hi to all...Just jumping on quick while my DH is out getting coffee a Dunkin Donuts...He's really missed that in Russia!!!!I am planning on doing Back and Bis today...although I may switch up and do legs and back as my shoulder is still a little twitchy. I did BM2...the step segment and the power circuit..It was nice to see Cathe, but I could definitely tell a lack of cardio endurance!

Hope everyone is well and having good workouts today...I have to scoot, because my Russian tutor will be here any minute..Just wanted to say that I hope Buffy's surgery is nothing major..and hope she is feeling okay.

Have a great day!!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

LEAN/Phase 1/Week 4/Day 3

Well, I did Core Synergistics yesterday, and frankly I didn't do too well. I didn't think I would even make it through it. Maybe it's because it's TTOM (I like to blame a lot of things on that!) but before I didn't have that much trouble getting through this workout. Of course, I struggled with the sphinx pushups, the Dreya roll, and had to modify a couple of other moves, but I always felt I really did well. Yesterday, I had to take 2 extra breaks other than the ones Tony provides and on his water breaks, I had to pause and make them a little longer. Well, today is KenpoX which I really like, and I've learned to focus on my form and core more, so hopefully I won't have as much trouble.

Traci - What a fabulous attitude you have about your injury! Whenever I get injured I go into the whole self pity mode. I'm glad you chose not to proceed with the workouts, and to take care of yourself. Let us know how things go for you today and what workout you decide to do. I totally want to get the P90 Master's series, too! How do you plan on using them once you're done with P90X?

Buffy - Glad to hear the surgery will be minor, and I hope everything goes well. It will be nice to know you will be in great shape and your body will be more resilient. I know when I had my third child, I had been working out and my body went back to its original shape a lot faster than in my previous pregnancies. People could hardly believe I even had a baby! I know it's not the same as a surgery, but I couldn't believe how much being fit can help you in situations like these.

Debra - I am so glad for you that your DH is back from Russia! I'll bet you guys have tons of stuff planned to do! How long will he be here in the states? I also am eager to do a Cathe from time to time, but haven't found a time I can squeeze her in with all the P90X workouts. Do you think I could sub one of her step workouts for a CardioX day? That's one I really don't get into too much, and last time I subbed PlyoX for it. That is an intense one!

Lea - Thank you so much for the information on the P90 Masters series! The workouts look AWESOME! I defninitely want to get these, too. Do you know if this is a rotation, or just workouts that you incorporate into your current workouts whatever way you want? How you plan to use them when you're done with P90X?

Well, happy workouts today, fellow X'ers! I'll be checking back later today to see how everyone's doing!

Stephanie

I'm back to say hi to all who checked!

Wheres our other early bird TRACY today???? Hope all is good!

Here's what I decided & did for a workout today....
HSTAdvanced (possible core syn sub for future!)
W/U + Circuits 1&2 + Stretch
My neck was loosening up so I popped in Core Syn and did W/U + all standing work with bands and modified all push ups- did not attempt rolling on floor segments..+ Stretch.

Neck feels about the same as when I started.

Actually in HSTAdvanced the short cardio segments are also great for abs. I really had to focus on keeping core engaged and went really light on wts but think it is definitely a future option to sub out Core Syn- thanks for idea to test it Sandra! Also think DMax will be a definite sub....at least I wont have to spend more $$$ (except for Master Series which I am ordering later! hahah)

BUFFY:
I think you are doing fabulous woman! 12 weeks of 100% focus in this type of rotation is so difficult! I think all of us deserve some major at-a-boys regardless of "modifications"! I also said the same thing about Ph 3 variety...THANK HEAVENS! I certainly hope your surgery is indeed minor but I will send good vibes & thoughts & prayers anyway! You are just too special to be down for long!

FOX2:
Thanks for kind words... I think I just try and help you die hards lighten up on yourselves so I can then lighten up on myself! I couldnt be "crackin the whip" unless I wanted to turn it on myself....dont want to do that! SMART SMART SMART on repeating a poo-poo week! You will be so happy in the end I bet! I applaude you for not just trying to "get thru" the 13 weeks but rather really BRINGING IT! Bet Tony & Dreya are very proud!

SPEAKING OF Mis DREYA! Here's my 2 new theories!....(too familiar w/ routines OBVIOUSLY not focusing!)...
THEORY 1: Tony and Dreya used to have a "thing"... they broke up but remained friends and Tony introduced her to the boyfriend guy (kinda like Elaine & Jerry on Seinfeld).
THEORY 2: Tony either had the boyfriend finance the P90X series venture OR he wants boyfriend to finance a future venture so he's sucking up to DREYA and thats how she got in the video in the first place! Noticed in Core Syn today that Tony did not say she was a P90grad like he does w/ others....hmmmmmmmmmm

DEBRA:
Hooray honeys home!!!! So what did he say about your new hard bod??? lololol I am so happy for you! cant believe you checked in AND are still having the tutor over..... GREAT workout!! Were you showing off just a tad for hubby???

STEPHANIE:
Not sure how I'll use Master Series.... I will probably end up doing the wt work as is , use Cathe cardio 2-3x a week........SHOOT I JUST DONT KNOW! lololololol Being in recovery and not feeling your best during any of the workouts is probably more physical than mental. I too find my body simply exhausted by week 4 of each phase... I just give myself permission to "Do my best & forget the rest"... It really is a taxing program and if you look back next week at all your gains in weeks 1-3 I think you will appreciate what you pushed yourself to do. I personally have never pushed so hard consistently 3 weeks in a row... You will ROCK again come phase 2! I swear its part of the "magic".

Well- I think all my babbling has earned me yet another cup of coffee! Have a wonderful afternoon!
:7

Good morning. I am FINALLY getting my energy back. Must have been the holiday stress. Did Core Syn. today. Now I am looking forward to weight work and plyo next week if you can believe it. Tomorrow is Yoga X. Ahhh, love it.

Traci - Gotta love that PMS don't you? I get it pretty bad too. I think that I am halfway normal for two weeks out of the month and the other two, forget about it. Sorry that your neck and spine are hurting, but it is good to see that you have a healthy attitude about it with working out. You definately don't want to injure it any more than it is.

Oh and I do apologize about your fitness purchases (snicker snicker). But I guess that you realize that the wagon isn't stopping for anybody!! And AC/DC. I didn't have an 8-track of them, but I did have the Highway to Hell cassette tape. LOL. Things sure have changed. I also have a question. After your 90 days is up, are you still going to be posting on the X'ers forum? I know that you are on several other forums you busy gal!!

Buffy - Don't you love when that guilt gets to you? At least you have Monday and Tuesday off from work. I too am looking forward to phase III and having the workouts change every week. Good luck on your surgery, but since it is at the end of January, there will be plenty of time for good lucks, eh?

fox2star - Isn't back and biceps great? I love/hate how the biceps are fatigued by the end of the workout.

Debra - Yay!! Your hubby is back. I miss Dunkin Donuts too. I live on the west coast and have to get it every single time I visit my in-laws. Fattening I know, but hey, it's Dunkin. Anyway, I really do hope that you are enjoying your DH being back. You must be in heaven.

Stephanie - Sometimes I have a really hard time on the exercises too. I think that it depends on what I eat the night before, or in the am. I hope that you are able to get back on track with Kenpo. It does get frustrating when you were able to do the exercises before and then have a hard time next round. As far as P90 Master, there are no rotations. I know that I am going to switch back and forth between P90 Master and Cathe. I definately don't want to lose what P90X has brought to me. Maybe do Cathe cardio and gym style legs workout while doing P90 Master for everything else. I don't know what I am going to do to be honest.

Jeanette - That sucks that you had to wait all of that time and not get called. Do you know when you have to go back yet? Glad that you were able to get X Stretch in. I'm also glad that we don't have to do so much cardio. It is definately nice to see the results with a lot of weight work and less cardio. But I tell you, I am going to do a Cathe step dvd once this is over, because I kind of do miss it. I just won't do 5 days worth of cardio like before.

Hi to anyone else I missed. Have a great day.

Lea

Good morning Xers!

CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 4/DAY 5 (Recovery Week)

Today was Core Syn today and got to say, like Lea, my energy is up higher today and the workout was GOOD!!! I really did enjoy it and didn't struggle as much with the moves. I still can't do Chata Runs (do plank runs instead) and I need help with my arm flopping from superman to banana but most of the rest of it was much improved over doing it on Tuesday. I also notice that any of the moves with a pushup involved (unless it was Chata pushups) I had greater range of movement in, meaning I could get lower without feeling it so much in my shoulders. I am pleased that it went so well. I'd say it went 75% better than Tuesday's first attempt, but that is usually the case until I learn the moves. If it warms up a little, I think I will take a spin on my bike later this afternoon. Itching to do that too.

Traci, good for you for holding back on Core Syn, just not worth it to make an injury worse. I'm hoping that your stats will be pleasing to you. I need to take mine for the 1st 30 days here shortly. I track my periods on a calendar at work so I have no idea when it will be TTOM as I'm at home this week. Hopefully, not on the 30 days picture day. I do so admire your attitude with this little injury. A lot of people would be really bummed and let it set them back further than if they just modified a bit. Yep, I've been a State prison employee for almost 16 years now. I sit at a computer most of the time, but try to get out twice a day to walk the mail up to the administration building and stretch my legs and get a little light cardio in. When I retire (in about 7 years), no way will I miss the place, or at least that's what I'm thinking now. I've got many more things I'd like to do. Interesting about your 2 theories re: Tony & Dreya. I'm not sure. What I do wonder is if Pam is a P90X grad, what Core workout did she do in her rotation, or any of the grads for that matter. Did they have another DVD that they used and then filmed these afterwards?

Buffy, hope KenpoX was good for you. I think I'll like a different routine each week in the last phase also.

Fox2, I think you are the only one I've heard likes Back & Biceps. I get to do it next week so that's encouraging to hear.

Debra, I'm so happy for you that your DH is home! How long will he be staying? I'm missing my Cathe too. The way I huff and puff in Core Syn, I'm thinking I've lost cardio endurance. Tony sure huffs and puffs a lot too. Must be the focus on weights more so than cardio as a lot of ladies do.

Stephanie, sorry Core Syn wasn't 100% for you. I felt that way about PlyoX last time I did it. It will get better for you, I'm sure. Just do your best. I modified some of the moves too, but also tried to concentrate on engaging.

Lea, I'm just like you, finally feeling like I'm getting some energy back. I have just felt soooo lazy until this morning. Yep, I like less cardio and more eating for sure. Checked the scale and again no weight gain (or loss) and with only a Stretch workout yesterday and same eating. I like that! I'm looking into the future for after this and am sure wanting to make my workouts more productive and less time consuming. I DO NOT ever want to have to increase the length of my workouts. I think 1 hour is fine and maybe popping in a short ab workout in the evening is okay too, but no way do I ever want to do marathon sessions of exercise. Like you, I'm not going back to all that cardio. I'm going to have to start counting my bike riding as my cardio. Before it was always in addition to it.

Got to run,

Jeanette

Traci - I just wanted to let you know that Dreya is in several of the P90 Master Series. I seriously hope I don't have to hear for the umpteenth time that she flies through the air with the greatest of ease. I think Tony mentions that like 5 times on Core. LOL. Oh and if I don't have enough time on my hands, here is a sample of Ned Farr's music with Dreya singing.

http://www.nedfarr.com/records_WS.html

Lea

Netta; I'm glad you got a good workout with Core Syn. Those banana/superman things kill me. Too fast for my taste. I kind of just go at my own pace with that one. I'm going to do this one tomorrow. I think I'll add in some cardio coach for good measure.

Lea: LOL. That guilt gets me every time. It's part of what motivates me to work out (that and my fear of flab). I'd rather just get it done even if I don't want to than feel guilty about it later.

Traci: Thanks for the support. Take care of that neck. I had some neck issues a few months ago and I bought a new foam pillow with neck contores and started training myself to sleep on my back. I'm not completely trained but I'd say I spend 90% of the time on my back at night and no neck aches. I'm usually a tummy sleeper but I've found that back sleeping has other benefits, for example I don't wake up with undereye puffiness.

Stephanie - You must be my twin. I don't care for Core Syn. and the last time I did it I quite early (which for me is rare). I also did KenpoX today which I like. I try to hold 1 lb. handweights to crank up the resistance a bit.

Debra - Hope you enjoyed BM2. I have this one but haven't gotten to it yet since I stared P90X at the same time the new Cathes' arrived. I actually tried to do BM2 but I had some freezing issues and gave up.

Thanks to all of you for the good wishes on my surgery. Like I said, nothing major, but its good to have that positive energy coming my way.

Buffy

Hi all,

I felt great after my rest day yesterday and I just got back from a moderately paced 6 mile run. I felt good, and was able to maintain my pace without any trouble. (In case anyone is curious, I’ve added 2 /30 minute and 1 /60 minute step cardio session per week extra to the rotation.) I was really trying to follow the recovery week, but I couldn’t help myself. The weather is beautiful almost 60. I still have core syn, but I had to eat first. I hate having to eat so much.

Traci – Nick pain and PMS all in one day. You are right; it’s not the end of the world if you get off track a little. After years of working out like an addict, I find it a personal accomplishment if I can actually do what is right for my body.

Buffy – I’m looking forward to phase 3 if only to get a weeks break from phase 2. I took almost 3 weeks off this summer, ( I squeezed in maybe 5-6, 3-4 mile runs, plus a few 10 mile hikes) and still came back stronger than ever. In fact I lost weight on the trip.

Fox2 – Back and biceps nearly killed me and I think my forearms grew a little in the process. Good for you if it is a favorite. I don’t have particularly strong biceps, so that could be part of my problem. This program doesn’t allow you to cheat on body parts.

Debra – My weakness is donuts, but I’ve been so good the last few months and resisted when I was at the grocery store. I love the glazed ones with chocolate icing. I hope the injury heals up quickly.

Stephanie – The last time I did legs and back I had no energy and had to take extra breaks. I’m not sure what it was. I think maybe just the culmination of a long 3 weeks, plus extra weight work, anyways; it sure does nothing for the psyche. I’m sure you’ll feel better today and if not, maybe consider overtraining? I hate that word.

Lea – Glad you’re getting your energy back. It’s sometimes tough to push through those periods. OK, so maybe since Dreya flies with the greatest of ease is why she can bang out so many pull /chin ups or are they possibly doing some creative editing (only kidding). I am really pretty good at blocking that stuff out although in my mind I keep hearing Tony say, “Gorgeous” for some stupid reason.

Jeanette – Glad your getting your energy back too. I’m not going back to hours of working out either. I want to work out smarter, not longer. I think that is part of the problem with step cardio. It is good until a point, and then becomes more of a maintenance routine. I’ve gotten to where I can do IMAX2 & 3 and double the blasts and skip the recoveries. I don’t know what else to do with it.

Tracy

Hi Tracy,
Sounds like your run was good today. I just got back from a bike ride (Brrrr, 35 degree weather). Did 16 miles at a pretty good pace, though riding in that cold is more difficult on the breathing for sure.

Okay, question?
How do we balance endurance and performance and muscle definition without overdoing the cardio? And not working out for hours and hours? I guess I want it all, but want to look good too. Is it possible? This year, my typical cycling week was riding 3 times a week. One ride was a short but intense Cardio Coach workout (about 20 miles), the 2nd ride was a hill climb workout at a lesser pace with some other ladies (30 miles) and the 3rd ride was a longer endurance ride of 40-60 miles on the weekend at a moderate pace. This, along with Cathe cardio maybe 4 times a week (30 minutes to 45) and some weight work got me in really good shape cardio-wise. However, my body is feeling so much leaner with less cardio now and more intense weight work as in P90X. Of course, I'm eating cleaner but less carbs right now, which I know won't work with the harder bike rides.

Any ideas, theories?

Jeanette

CL/PH1/WK4/Day5

Hi! I decided to get a couple of extra hours sleep this morning, so haven't had a chance to post until now. We took the kids skating this afternoon on the pond and had a fun afternoon. Ahhhhhh. I wish DH never had to go to work (or me either, for that matter).

Today was Core Syn for me - second time. Okay, that workout is HARD! I was anticipating that since it was included only in the "Recovery" weeks, it wouldn't be a really tough workout. WRONG! I rank that one up there with PlyoX in terms of intensity. Now that I understand that, I can say that I liked it much better than I did on Tuesday. I notice that all of us in this first Classic Rotation recovery week seem to be experiencing the same energy rhythms. I was whooped for the first few days of this week, and am finally feeling restored again. Now that CoreSyn has "clicked" in my brain, I realize that my fatigue on Thursday (after doing CoreSyn and Kenpox) was quite justified. Tomorrow is YogaX. Yay! I really do enjoy that workout.

Traci - I seriously doubt that I will be calling CH-TRI-SH an easy workout. If I do, then I should be lifting heavier, shouldn't I? And since I DO want you to continue to talk to me (even if you call me Jane ;-) ) I will be sure to wax poetic about how hard it is. Is the accumeasure calipers digital? Who knew? I really should put more effort into looking into one of those. Health appears to be on the mend around here, thank goodness. After fighting a fever for almost 5 days, the baby has perked back up. I think she's also getting some new teeth, and they seem to be really bothering her. There's always a new challenge. How's your pup? Is he back to his old self? How's your neck? I'm glad you gingered it today. I so completely agree about not being driven to get the body of your dreams in the first 12 weeks. That's a great perspective. I'm going to try to lighten up about it all, too. This shouldn't be emotionally stressful, should it? It should be about a stimulating, fun challenge. After doing CoreSyn for the second time today, I am more convinced that HSTA will be a great substitute. As will High Step Challenge, BootCamp, and Drill Max. I'm getting really excited about my post-90X workouts now! About your Tony/Dreya theories: very interesting! I've noticed that in each of the workouts Tony has one P90X grads, one of his workout buddies, and one person who is an expert in that particular field (kickboxing or yoga, for example). I think, personally, Dreya is in the videos because Ned Farr (who directs them, I believe) thinks Tony's awesome, and wanted another starring vehicle for his Dreya.

Well, it's getting late. Interesting posts today. Have a great evening (if you're reading this this late), and I'll see you tomorrow.

Cheers,
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.