X'ers 12/28 THURSDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Good Morning to all! So what will you be doing today to honor the memories of 2006???? I am "Winter Cleaning".... Threw out about 75 2006 magazines, about 50 1929 Cassette taped musics.... (at least I didnt un-earth any 8-tracks!)... Its like an archeological find in my house right now!

CL / Ph 2 coming to an end and then I REALLY gotta bring it come Sunday morning!!! CORE SYN on tap for today. Slept wrong or Yoga/Stretch got me yesterday...my neck & upper spinal area is so knotted up I could hardly get out of bed...better nurse that for a bit before flopping around on floor like a banana in heat:+

Gotta go read some late posts from yesterday to catch up on all the days events so I'll be back in a few....

If I miss anyone for the day MAKE IT A GREAT ONE!!! Keep Flexing you hard bodies!:7

SANDRA: Thanks for the Boxing Day info! I love that it just may mean boxing these up for the store returns... that sounds pretty accurate to me. As far as all your servants... you just tell them its time to treat the queen today!:D OMG you had me laughing about men and outside perimeters...never thought about it before but boy is that accurate! I just thought my dad and DH had wandering minds and forgot they were suppose to walk inside! LOL on the cant quite mind enough to meditatate- funny thing is when I was working high powered corporate jobs I could shut down those voices and really experience meditation...Since I retired 15 months ago I cannot for the life of me sit still! Guess the type A personality will always be a part of me. I might invest in an AccuMeasure as well down the road (AFTER my 6 month spending sabatical that is!) The BB one isnt anything fancy but it sure is better than my 70.00 scale!x( I had to go to Walmart the day after Xmas for food & DH's birthday gifts...I agree, I didnt see any sales at all that looked like deals to me. I think thats just a sign of the times right now...Your dinner sounded so delightful that I think I will make that for my dinner tonight! DH doesnt touch Salmon so I'll make him a burger and he'll be a happy camper!

LAURA: Hi again! Yes there is quite a thread about CardioX isnt there? I have to laugh as I often wonder why people just dont do what they dont like - opinions on workouts are pretty much like opinions on movies..its all subjective isnt it? ANYWAY! I think you should indeed do some running during your program if thats what you like to do. IMO any cardio can replace CardioX but as far as KENPO I'd say to do that one. Kenpo is very much an Ab/Upper body workout. The cardio benefit (& its a good one) comes 100% from using arm/leg/Ab muscles not bouncing & jarring. The amount of cardio you get is truly about what you put into it and the abs/arms will thank you with a great burn. Just my opinion. If I recall theres a few on boards that did P90 rotation and kept running ... Carole is one but I think there are others as well. This is just my thoughts others here will share and you can test the waters for yourself. GOOD LUCK!

OK- Think Im all caught up! Have a great morning

Traci- thanks for your thoughts on p90x. I agree that the workout is what you put into it. but I do love running and dont want to give my runs up . I will however try the Kenpo and maybe also add a short run on those days. I hope to achieve the results you have from this program and will start the 1st of the year. I am excited. I love the arms and shldr workout. I have done this a couple of times. I have to see about my band for the pull down because my door ways dont seem to have a wide enough opening to use the door attachment that I have. anyway thanks again.

Doubles/PH2/Week 3/Day 5

Good morning everyone. Although I said I'd post about once a week, I decided to chime in considering the Cardio X question posted last night and commented on today.

I am a huge running fan too. My long run was up to between 11 and 13 miles on the weekend, and I was very nervous that the cardio would just not be enough in the P90x workouts. But, as I said yesterday, the cardio is what you make of it. I find it refreshing that I've had no weight gain or muscle loss in my legs from doing only the cardio prescribed in the series. I live in PA, therefore, the dark and cold sort of prevent me from really getting in a good run in the evenings when I work out. I do hop on the treadmill for 20 minutes on my double days when I can't fit in Cardio X, but it's still not what I was used to. I think most of my results are coming from the fact that I've changed my routine. When I do get on the treadmill, I feel like I'm flying. Although I think my endurance has suffered a little, that's nothing that a few long runs in the spring time won't cure. I definitely don't think there is a problem with doing your own cardio on the cardio days, but I do agree about Kenpo. It's neat to really get your HR up there when really your focusing only on your arms, chest, shoulders, and core. Also, I read somewhere on the beachbody website that eventually, as you become more experienced, your HR should actually go higher when your lifting, almost making it more cardio-like. I've found that this is true. I'm able to focus so much more on working my muscles and have a good grasp on what weights really make me feel the burn. If you continue to run during the program, I think that's great. It's all about what goals you're setting for yourself and what you want your workout focus to be. I wanted muscle and definition gain, therefore, I thought I'd just go along with the program and see where I got. Whatever the case, exercise is great, you're doing something awesome for your body, and that's what counts. :)

Tonight is Legs and Back, ARX, and 20 minutes on the treadmill. Love Legs and Back, but man is it a challenge! Hope I can get enough water and calories in me today to have an awesome workout.

Everyone have great workouts and I'll be reading!

LEAN/Phase 1/Week 4/Day 2 (Recovery Week - Yeah!)

Happy Thursday morning fellow X'ers! I trust everyone is doing well today! (Traci - take care of that neck, please.) Yesterday was YogaX and I still felt that pain but I feel that my form is getting better. During the yoga belly stuff, I really felt that I held the positions with a higher, straighter back and I actually completed all of the ab exercises with good form. I have Core Synergistics today. Now, I actually like this workout. A lot of variety, works many different body parts, keeps my heartrate up. It's one of my favorites! We're getting new furniture delivered today, so I have to rearrange my workout room in the basement to make room for the old furniture.

Traci - Wow! You are going to feel so good after cleaning out all of that old stuff in your house! My goal is to go through our photographs and get them all sorted out. Right now I have a huge Rubbermaid container where I just throw my packages of pictures. I've been doing that for about 14 years, so it's getting a little out of control! Congratulations on making it to Phase 3! I just finished Phase 1 and wish that I was in your position. LOL! Sorry to hear about your injury - do you think it's caused by doing the Yoga? I wonder if it's from doing the shoulder stands since that's when I worry about hurting my neck. Maybe once you warm it up it will feel well enough to flop around on the floor like a banana in heat! LOLOLOLOL! :) Now I'm going to think of that whenever I have to do those exercises and I have Core Synergistics today, so I hope I can get through them!

DB - Wow, your long runs are between 11 and 13 miles! I really admire that! I like to run, too, but I live in the country so the weather conditions have to be just right for me to get out there. NO wind, temperature not too hot, not too cold. I really like it to mix up my workouts, but it's been really hard on my knees and hips. I can usually only get 3 or 4 miles at the most. I read on the Cathe boards somewhere that after P90X, some runners could actually run MORE since their endurance improved. I hope that's the case. I'll try out the theory when it gets nicer out. It's funny the different workouts we all like. Now, me, I truly dislike Legs and Back because of all the different varieties of pullups, which I hate. They are so incredibly hard for me, even with a chair. I know it's good for me, but I was really discouraged to see that I have to do the workout every week except for recovery weeks. (Blech!)

Have a great day everyone. Remember to "Bring it!" I know I am!

Stephanie

Morning, everyone! I'm posting early this morning (blowing off my academic work), just 'cause I want to. I haven't done my workout yet - XStretch - but I'm really looking forward to doing it later on. When I was lying in bed, thinking about the day to come, I remembered it's an XStretch day, and it made me smile. I love all the stretching in the recovery week.

I think I'm going to order some Baron Baptiste power yoga for post-P90X. I'm starting to think about my post-P90X rotations, and am getting excited to start back with Cathe, but in a different way now. I plan to do less cardio, more stretching/yoga, and continue with split days heavy weight training. Now that I've seen that I don't have to do cardio 6 days a week to keep my weight under control, I'm feeling liberated from the tyranny of intense cardio. I remember Cathe has put out a few strength-focused rotations that had way too little cardio for my comfort level. I might pull out one of those and give it another gander. But my enthusiasm is getting away from me. I have another 2 phases of P90X to finish first!

I read the P90X manual's descriptions of the exercises in the two Phase 2 upper body workouts, and call me crazy, but I'm actually looking forward to doing them! Those of you ahead of me are consistent in agreeing that they're harder than Phase 1, but for some reason I'm not worried about that. I'm actually missing my upper body pump this recovery week.

Traci - CoreSyn for you today, hey? Do you find you're getting any better at it, the more you do it? We don't do it very often in the Classic rotation, so I wonder how much improvement I'll actually see. I have no idea what 1929 Cassette taped music is, but I'm sure you could sell it on ebay for some good $$$! And then you can buy more workouts....I wonder if your stiff neck is from doing plow/shoulder stand yesterday? That one can be tough on the neck if you're not vigilant about form. LOL at the banana in heat remark!! Too funny!! I think that describes me during CoreSyn exactly. Yes, the pions around here need to learn how to treat their Lady better than they currently do. They actually expect me to *feed* them THREE times a day, at least!! Have you ever heard of such a thing? Enjoy your dinner tonight! It was a good one. I had a full day of good eating yesterday, and I feel much, much better for it today. The salmon I had was actually a frozen prepared lemon-herb salmon that bakes for 16 minutes. Super easy, and tasty. I like easy and tasty. Do the BB calipers not give you enough information for your liking? I'm looking into the Accumeasure calipers simply because I don't want to pay the cost of having BB mail me theirs. Mind you, I haven't been looking that hard. I used my Zone book to take my measurements, plug them into their charts, do some math with the figures they gave me, and learned that according to them, my BF a month ago was around 23%. A healthy plump?

Laura - Many of us experienced the same hesitation you have to give up the cardio we'd been doing before P90X. Some of us have decided to follow the program exactly as written (me, and a few others), while others have supplemented the P90X cardio with their favourite activities. I don't think anyone has outright substituted the P90X cardio. I could be wrong, though. I agree with the other posters who said that the P90X cardio workouts are important for more than just cardio reasons. All of them work your body in a variety of ways. PlyoX is a second lower body workout for the week, while KenpoX hits the core, inner/outer thighs, and upper body for a second time. IMO, both of these cardios are the perfect complement to a rotation that is designed to shape your body via muscle toning/building. I wouldn't skip either of them, but possibly supplement with shorter runs (not marathon training). Just my opinion.

Oh gee, the baby just woke up, and she's not happy. Gotta go! Well, what do you know? She cried for a second, then went right back to sleep. What a good baby.

DB - nice to see you posting more frequently!

Stephanie - the pull ups in Legs & Back make me dread the workout, too. I finally decided to just give myself a break with those on that day. I DO them, but I lower my expectations of them. I do them only at my own pace (with chair assist, of course), and only until I choose to stop; not until dead exhaustion, unless I want to. I figure it's the second time in a week I'm doing those things, the workout is supposed to be lower body, so my goal with those pull ups is simply to get a bit of a pump in my upper body, and get some blood in the muscles. When I go into the workout I focus hard on the lower body work, throw in some pull/chin ups for good measure, then move on back to the lower body stuff. Sometimes I surprise myself and work harder during the pull/chin ups then I intend, but I just consider that a bonus.

Have a great day everyone, and "hello" to all those who follow!

Cheers!
Sandra

Good morning to all!!!!

Classic/Phase 2/ day 2/ wk 1

Just wanted to share all of my good new with you guys today. First and foremost my DH is coming home for the first time since August!!! I have seen him twice since then, but he hasn't been here. Secondly, and second only because of my DH, I did my BF% yesterday.....And I am down an incrdible 4% from beginning the program!!!!!!!!! I literally couldn't believe it...I must have pinched myself with those calipers about a hundred times yesterday to make sure I was right....I am down from about 22% to about 18%. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!! I really have not lost any weight...Maybe down a pound or 2 from starting, so I was plesantly surprised!! See what a little exercise and watching what you eat can do?

Sorry I wasn't able to check in yesterday, but I was feeling kind of punk and after taking my DD to school (her school is open all year) I came home and took a nap!!!! I did end up doing Shoulders, Chest and Tris yesterday which I liked. I probably didn't do as well as I could have, but I was still nursing my neck a bit and didn't go as high in my shoulder weights as I could have healthy. But I still have some DOMs in my chest and upper back today, which I'm taking to be a good thing. I was able to do most of the exercises except the plyo push ups, too much jostling on my shoulder and neck. That being said, PlyoX is on the books today, but I think I am going to sub something from Cathe since myneck is still not 100%. I am thinking I am going to do the step and power circuit from BM2 to make sure I keep a focus on my legs.

Traci...Sounds like we have the same injury! I did Core Syn while hurting and I don't feel like I hurt myself more..you should be fine. Just ice that neck and shoulder and alternate with heat. That really seemed to help me. I still have a couple of cassette tapes that I just can't let go of for some reason...I don't know where I think I'm going to play them!!!

Laura...Good luck with starting on the 1st!! I am sure you will enjoy the program. I agree with Traci that you can sub running in when you want...but I would keep the Kenpo...I have that I really like this one. And it does great things for your upper body...it really compliments the other work you are doing. Good luck!!

DB... thanks for posting. Hope things go well tonight with legs and back...I like this workout, too. Between the sneaky lunges and the wall squats I have definitely seen results!! I agree with you assessment of the cardio in this program...I, too, think I have lost a bit of endurance, but, like you said, I can gain that back pretty easily. You're right about results coming from changing up your routine. I would have never thought to do so little cardio...But so far so good!

Have a great day everyone!! I will be on the boards today, but my DH gets in this afternoon, so my participation over the next week or so will be limited...But I'll check in when I can and let you guys know how it's going, but I may no have time for personals.

Happy day to all and Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Stephanie and Sandra...we must have been posting at the same time!

Sandra...Glad you are looking forward to StetchX I like this one, too, although it's a little long for my taste. I am a fan of Baron Baptiste. I think he gives a lot of good pointers on form that are maybe missing from Tony. The workouts themselves are similar to Tony, but not as long. I know what you mean about the lack of cardio...but it seems to be working!!! Hope you have a great day..and your baby naps for a long time!!

Stephanie...YogaX is always challenging for me too...Just to keep my focus for that long is difficult!! My legs are always BURNING during this workout...I do like the yoga belly section..I feel like my abs get a lot out of it! Have fun with Core Syn. I enjoy this one too...Have good rest during your recovery week!

Bye again!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Hi guys. Just finished up with Stretch X today. I don't know what it is, but I feel like I could sleep all day this week.

Traci - Really? Are we suppose to be doing something in the memory of 2006???? LOL. That would have been funny if you did uncover some 8 tracks. I totally remember those. Too funny:+ .

Sorry that your neck is sore. Hope that you feel better. Good luck with Core today.

DB - Wow you are doing doubles. That is great. Have fun doing legs/back and ARX tonight.

Debra - You are having a fantastic day aren't you? Great news that you will be able to see your DH. It must be really hard not having him around. AND your BF%, great job!! Sounds like you are reaplacing fat with muscle which is great, and why you probably aren't seeing a huge jump down in the scale.

I hope that your neck feels better too. Have fun doing cardio today. And you have a Happy New Year yourself!!

Sandra - I love that stretching too. I think I almost fell asleep doing the frog today. I hear ya on the Cathe front. I also am starting to think about what to do after. It will be a nice change to do some of Cathe's step work AND actually do her new dvd's that I got a while back and haven't tried.

The Phase II arms are a killer. But in a nice way. You will probably find that you will be working your arms more to fatigue this round.

Monica - I find that the two days of yoga in recovery week glorious. I am glad that you will be able to enjoy your yoga days without having to worry about going to work. Yay. I hope that you are feeling good today.

Stephanie - I will try to go throught the dvd's of the P90 Master Series and list out what is on them. I know that BB doesn't have much info on it.

That is all for right now. Hi to anybody I missed. TTYL.

Lea

PHASE 1 / WEEK 3 / DAY 4 / CLASSIC ROTATION

Hi everyone. It's official, I have a head cold. Today Yoga X is on tap, however I may just move my rest day to today. Since my recovery week is next week, I think that it would be okay to take my rest day today and move straight into my recovery week schedule without another rest day. What do you guys think?

After Arms & Shoulders yesterday I went to make my protein shake and noticed that I accidentally bought Soy Protein instead of Whey Protein. Any thoughts? I have always used Whey -- the soy didn't taste quite as good. I'm not sure what to do, so I would love anyone's opinion on this.

During Arms & Shoulders -- during the tricep work, does anyone else just crack up when Tony says something like, "Tip of the day -- don't crush your skull." That cracks me up every time!

TRACI -- How impressive, it is hard throw out old stuff. Especially my husband, he is such a pack rat. Congratulations on making it to Phase 3. I can't wait to hear about your progress through this final phase.

STEPHANIE -- Have fun with Core Synergistics. I am looking forward to trying this for the first time next week. I am excited for you getting new furniture! It is so fun to get new furniture! By the way, I haven't done the P90 Masters Series, I don't really know much about it.

DEBRA -- Your DH will be so impressed when he sees your new firm physique! He won't be able to keep his hands off of you! Enjoy BM2 -- that is such a fun workout. I look forward to doing Cathe workouts again after this rotation.

SANDRA -- Stretch X makes me smile too. I really look forward to it. I too am thinking about post P90X rotations already -- I am still in Phase 1. This has really made me think differently about what it takes to achieve my fitness goals. I think that I will continue with either less frequent or possibly shorter duration cardio sessions. I am also looking forward to the upper body workouts in Phase 2.

LEA -- Hi Lea! Thanks for your sweet post on the Open Discussion topic as well. You are very kind. Just curious, what part of the country do you live in? I wish I had people like you, and everyone on this check-in for that matter, living close by. I'm in St. Louis, MO. I hope you enjoyed Stretch X today.

JEANETTE -- I was so jealous when I read your post yesterday about walking the dogs out in the desert. It is so cold and dark here all the time in winter, I really miss walking my doggies and being outside in the warm air. I know it is only December, but I can't wait for spring!!!!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Monica

:) :) :)

Monica - I just had to laugh at the post you wrote to Traci. <<it is hard throw out old stuff. Especially my husband>> I thought you wanted to throw out you husband. LOL. That is what I get for reading fast.

I live in Southern California. I agree that it would be nice if we all lived around each other. At least we have the Cathe forum though. But I bet since you are starting to focus in a different direction now, you will attract people that like the same things as you. It just takes time, but there are people out there who like to go out and have fun not drinking, etc.

I hope that you feel better. Head colds are not fun!!! Take a rest day. Your body probably needs it.

Lea

Hi Fellow X'ers!!!

Feel like I've been a bit mia lately. This week has been so off for me exercisewise. I'm glad its my recovery week but still, I haven't been able to get in my daily workouts.

I had a super early drs. appt. this morning so I wasn't able to do KenpoX which was on the schedule. I'm going to do it tonite if I don't poop out. Otherwise, I'll double up on Sat.

I'm glad everyone else seems to be doing so well.

Buffy

Hi guys. Here is a list of all the exercises on the P90 Master Series for those of you who were curious. I hope that this helps:

P90 Master Series

PLYO LEGS

Warm up
Calf Raise Squats :30
Run Stance Squats 1:00
Super Skater - 20 each leg
Heisman Plus One 1:00
Up Down Teeter Totter 1:00
Mary Katherine Linge 1:00
Graucho Walk - 50 Steps
Run Stance Squat Switch 1:00
Dead Lift Squats - 20 each leg
Leap Frog Squats 1:00
Waterbreak
Chair Salutation :30
Gap Jump 1:00
One Legged Chair 1:00 (switching every 10 sec)
Tires 1:00
Squat Jacks 1:00
Side Lunge Reach - 20 times
Run Stance 190 Switch :30
Speed Squats 80/20 - 40 times
Egan Brothers 1:00
Cool Down and Stretch

CARDIO INTERVALS

Warm Up Squat and Kicks 1:00
Squat and Kicks 1:00
Tires 1:00
Squat Run 1:00
Waterbreak
Wacky Jacks 1:00
Planks 1:00
Run-Stance Squats 1:00
Egan Brothers 1:00
Horton Hammer 1:00
Running 1:00
Jacks 1:00
Repeat everything up to Horton Hammer
Cool Down

CORE CARDIO

Warm Up
Prison Cell Push-Ups 1:00
Side Kicks 1:00
Abranome – 22 total
Crescent Quick Switch – 30 total
WaterBreak
Cockeyed Sphinx Push-Up 1:00
Run Jacks 1:00
Kayak Bike – 30 total
Lateral Lunge Touch – 30 total
Repeat from Cockeyed Sphinx Push-Up
Dreya Roll Push-Up 1:00
Defensive Back Scoop :30
Feet to Fingers Crunch – 25 total
Boxer Switch – 30 times
Repeat from Dreya Roll Push-Ups
Cool Down and Stretch

SWEAT 5-6

Warm Up
Yoga for about 6 minutes
Workout:
Duck and Cover :30
Twist and Pivot :30
Squat Knee Raises :30
Repeat from Duck and Cover 2 times
Water Break
Graucho in a Hurry :30
DB Scoot :30
Tires on Fire :30
Repeat from Graucho in a Hurry 2 times
Water Break
Jab Slide Uppercut :15 each side
Low Block Lunge Punch :15 each side
Jump Kicks :15 each side
Repeat from Jab Slide 2 times
Water Break
Cool Down

SCULPT 5-6

Warm Up
Side to Side Push Ups :45
Heavy Pants One leg at a Time :45
Six Direction Shoulder Fly 1:00
Preacher Curls :45
Split Let Wide Tri Rise :30 each side
One Legged Hamstring Press – 12 each side
Plange Push Up :50
Reverse Grip Heavy Pants :30
Straight Arm Shoulder Fly :45
Incline Curls :40
Elevated Chair Dips :40
One-Leg Russian Ruble Squat – 15 each leg
Water Break
Rami Push-Up :48
Two Way Lawnmower :25 each side
Scarecrow Press :47
In and Out Hammer Curls :45
Flared Arm Sphinx :28
Prayer Squat to Toe Raise – 20 total
Salutation Push-Up 1:00
Locomotive Lawn Mower 1:12
Upright Row Y Press :55
Open Arm 21’s – 3 – 7’s
Reverse Grip Tricep Ext. :28
Plyo 80-20’s – 25 each side
Cool Down

UML

Warm Up
Two Point Back Kicks –
Switch Hand Push Ups :50 20 each leg
Negative Push Ups 1:20
Wide Leg Crunchy Frog :30 Up and Overs – 30
Sumo Walk – 30 total Run Stance Squat Walk – 30 Steps
Water Break Plank to Side Arm
Plyo Push Ups 1:00 Balance 1:00
ISH Gate – 30 total
Heavenly Twists – 30 total High Low Twist and
Warrior Lunges – 20 total Pivot - 15 each side
Water Break
Downward Sphinx 1:10
Fifer Scissor Twist – 30 total
Spin Squat – 20 total
Pike Press :42
Banana Boat :30
Two Point Back Kicks - 20 each leg
Negative Push Ups 1:20
Up and Overs - 30 Total
Run Stnace Squat Walks - 30 total
Plank to Side Arm Balance 1:00
ISH Gate - 30 Total
High Low Twist and Pivot - 15 each side
Cool Down

I am still putting Cathe in my rotation after the P90X is done. I do miss her :(

Lea

CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 4/DAY 4 (Recovery Week)

Hi ladies, finally made it to post. I overslept this morning and had to go out to the prison where I work as I was subpoenaed as a witness to a State Personnel Board case at 10:00. They went thru 1/2 of the witnesses with me still to go and dismissed us after 3 1/2 hours of waiting around. Will postpone till later. Great.

Went home, stoked the woodstove and did StretchX. I woke up this morning feeling sore from I'm guessing KenpoX and Core Syn so the stretch was good.

Traci, I haven't done anything to honor 2006 memories, but I sure need to paint the living room, family room, hall and kitchen. That will be for 2007, I can assure you, and not 2006! I've felt lazy this week, guess because it is Recovery Week? Hope you worked out the kinks in your neck area. I too woke up with some stiffness in my neck and upper back, but it's pretty much gone now.

Laura, I've been worried about less cardio on this rotation affecting my bike riding on the weekends. Of course it's pretty cold out so I only ride once a week during the winter anyway. I'm figuring I'll get my endurance back later. I'm doing P90X for one reason, because I'm tired of putting in all that time, eating pretty cleanly and not seeing results on the other rotations, even the cardio heavy rotations. So I'm finding that more cardio actually makes me puffier and less lean looking. I'm trying to find a balance between performance in a sport and looking good too.

DB, how was Legs & Back & AbX? I can see why the Recovery Week is there, it's so you start feeling the pain again (it's a good pain). You're really not supposed to get to where these workouts are a breeze. Sigh...but I'm understanding this concept more and hopefully will use it in future rotations that I make up.

Stephanie, how was Core Syn today? Think I have it on Saturday and am looking to do it better as I was just learning the moves when I did it earlier this week. I'm hoping I don't lose too much endurance on the bike but we'll see. I think part of the endurance lost is the lack of carbs for me, or at least I'm telling myself that and when I bump them back up, I'll be superwoman again.

Debra, so exciting about your DH returning. Bet he'll like the results so far of P90X. Great results in BF% you are getting! Way to go! I haven't lost any weight, but haven't gained either and have been eating more and working out less hard so that's a good thing too. I do feel leaner. And this is only Phase 1. I think that shaking up our normal routines plays a big part in seeing good changes.

Sandra, hope you enjoyed StretchX, I sure did today. I too am feeling so liberated from feeling like I had to do longer and harder cardio sessions. I was wondering where it would end, would we all have to be doing marathons to see results, or Ironman competitions. I'm loving not having to do quite so much cardio, though I do miss the step routines. However, I really don't like to do more than 45 minutes of cardio at all. I just get bored. Cycling, now that's something different for me entirely. I have Eoin Finn's Power Yoga For Happiness and like it a lot, also the premixes on it. I have Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti too. Lorajc, from the Hardcore Thread, is a great resource on Yoga DVD's. Bryan Kest is good too.

Lea, You've felt like sleeping a lot this week? I've felt soooo lazy. Just not moving around much in the house. I'm on vacation and it's been a pretty uneventful one. Thanks for listing the P90 cardio exercises. Some of them sound interesting.

Monica, sorry about the head cold. I got a slight one a couple weeks ago and it's still making phlegm in my throat. Hope yours goes away soon. I hear whey protein is better, but I can't tell you why. DH and I get out at least once a week to take our "girls" for rides, walks, etc. We bought a Yamaha Rhino (think golf cart on steroids) and we're having a blast with that. Right now it's too cold to take out, but come springtime, we'll be out a lot. We live in northeastern California, surrounded by public land, and are on the edge of desert and forest. 15 minutes and you are out having fun.

Buffy, hope you can get KenpoX in tonite. Post when you can.

Got to go now,

Jeanette

thanks for the tips ladies. I dont plan on skipping the plyo x, I liked that workout and kenpo wasnt bad either but I truly thought cardio x was a waste of time. sorry to anyone who likes it but I didnt feel it was hard enough. I want to continue running at least 2 days a week because I do 5k's and half marathons and dont want to lose all that I have worked for getting here with the races. I plan on doing a half marathon in may and will have many 5k's in between that is the only reason I dont want to not run. I also teach a bootcamp class 2x week so I dont know how I am going to fit them into the rotation . Theres no getting out of those two workouts as I am the instructor and obviously have to do it. with everyone on the forum, I sure I will figure it out to make it work for me. once again thanks for all of your advice.

Hi all,

Looks like everyone is working hard as usual. I thought I had posted earlier and now when I came back it looks like it never went through. Oh well, I had personals to all, but I don't have time to redo.

I went on a spur of the moment overnight camping trip yesterdat and got back late today. After 3 hours in the car yesterday, my core, glutes, and hamstrings were tight. I think it was the core syn and kenpo back to back. Today is stretch x. I had good intentions of doing it, but decided to just take one day off. I haven't had a day off since the start of the rotation.

I'm eyeing my next p90x start date and like everyone else, starting to think about what I'll do during that month between rotations; looks like I'm going to have to spend some money on some new dvds.

Monica - I think whey protien is processed right away, soy possibly utilized over a longer period of time. I tried soy and didn't like it plus it didn't give me the immediate nutrients that I needed. I'll try to find the post about the protien.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.