X'ers 12/27 Wednesday

teddy16410

Cathlete
Good Morning all X'ers! What a great and motivating set of posts yesterday! I am so happy that I am a part of this particular group of X'ers! Ups, Downs, Likes, Dislikes....We're all still workin' it hard! VERY COOL we didnt "lose" anyone during holidays.... We are one smokin' force to be reckoned with! Thanks for everyones time & energy in posting...takes a lot of time I know but boy do I learn alot and always get a chuckle a or 2.:+

CL / PH 2 / Week 4 Recovery / Day 4
Woke up with Shoulder and quad DOMS big time today (Kenpo was yesterday)... I either REALLY brought it or just didnt stretch enough!:D Today is STRETCH X plus I want to do some Kundalini yoga to see what type of workout it is.

Thanks for everyones input yesterday about a Core Syn type w/o for non P90X rotations....looks like I will be heading over to collage video to make a purchase or 2x( ... that will be breaking my only 2007 goal..NO NEW DVDS FOR 6 MONTHS!

DEBRA: How's the neck this morning? Thats sounds a little scary... I do hope you take a day or 2 off to heal properly... It just isnt worth it to chance that sort of a thing. All your suggestions for CoreSyn subs were great...time to start exploring...maybe its "functional fitness" that I dont like and not just Core Syn.. If thats the case it will be like Yoga is for me...gotta do it so just find some that I can deal with once a week.:7

JEANETTE: lol...my hair has been cut in long layers for 25 years! The overall length changes & I style differently but I swear its all the hairdressers! EVERY time I take in a pic they have always said "Its just long layers" ... I think I need to find some different stylests!!!!!:D Hope you got a great cut! On BF%... Its down 6% now. Started at 24! YES I AM A HAPPY CAMPER as I have struggled w/ this for 2 years! Most of the loss came this phase (2). Phase 1 30 day results were just at 1.5% loss... I actually think my body was a week late in results tho because the week after recovery I saw a few %s down. I also was ttom at time of official measuring and quite bloated.
I swear Jeanette- just stick to the program the best you can and you will see results! I am so NOT overly strict on any aspect of this I just do my best & forget the rest!;-)

TRACY: I still think ya da bomb! on Core Syn moves.... I aspire to do a Chata... run and a spinx p/u.... Maybe you can make us a step by step video !!!!!:7

Think I caught up with everyone else on yesterdays board so just have a great great morning everyone!
:D :D :D :D :D :D

D/PH2/Week 3/Day 4

Good Morning All X'ers,
I checked in sometime last week for the first time, and thought I'd make an appearance weekly. I did check all of your yesterday posts, and I have to say I'm so impressed by how much info everyone throws out there. I was a little too intimidated to check-in last night. My posts are never that descriptive and I always miss commenting on something someone says. Anyways, happy holidays to all and you all sound like you made it through the holidays with little cookie and pie intake - great job!

I wanted to comment on Core Syn. - I love this tape. Well, "I hate it, but I love it." It's very challenging for me. The first time I did it, I had bruises where my hip bones are due to all of the rolling floor work. The Dreya roll - wow! That really gets my heart going. I can only do about 5 without my hands. Even then, I'm teetering once I get up. When I heard there was a Recovery Week in the program, I was very hesitant. I felt like there probably wouldn't be enough cardio and that I'd gain 5lbs. in a week. Oh, was I wrong. One, you definitely need the break by the time Recovery Week hits, and two, Recovery Week is still hard core. As some of you said yesterday in your posts, these videos are what you make of them. Cardio X and Kenpo X are supposidly the easiest cardio DVDs, which they are, but they're still challenging if you really work them. It's really refreshing to hear that some of you actually get DOMS from Kenpo X. My shoulders definitely feel it the next day.

Tonight is Yoga X for me and I'm happy about that. I definitely wasn't a yogi before all this, but my next DVD purchases (once my 90 days are up) will be some more Power Yoga DVDs. I really think I've seen some major gains from doing the Yoga DVD. Only 3 more days to Recovery - thank goodness.

Traci - Your BF% is awesome! I haven't had mine checked in years. I doubt I'm under 20%, but if I was, I would definitely celebrate. Great job on that. BTW, I recently had layers cut into my hair. Love 'em! You can do a lot of different stuff with long layers. Bet your hair looks great.

Too all - I'm interested to find out what everyone's doing AFTER the 90 days. I've caught snipets here and there from all of you, but I'm sort of scared to have the rotations end. I think I might pull all my fitness mags together and make my own weight routines, supplemented by Cathe cardio and any new Yoga DVDs I can find that meet my specs. Please, anyone, give me guidance!

Way to go to anyone who's using weighted gloves for Kenpo X. I bet your arm muscles really pop after the workout using the gloves. You have my uptmost admiration.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Good luck in your X workouts this week. I'll try to check back later this week, but I'll be reading all your posts. Thanks for keeping my motivation up!

PHASE 1, WEEK 3, DAY 3, CLASSIC ROTATION

Yesterday I completed Plyo X after work -- I am so happy that I don't have to do that next week during Recovery week! That workout will never get easy.

This morning I got up and did Shoulders & Arms and ARX. Feels so good to have my workout done in the morning and know that my evening is all mine. I can't believe I won't see that workout again for six weeks!

OK - you guys are scaring me. What in the world is a Chata Run -- sounds hard!

TRACI - I am interested to hear how the Kundalini yoga goes!

Monica

LEAN/Phase 1/Week 4/Day 1

Good Wednesday morning X'ers! We're finally done with all our Christmases around here and hopefully things can get back to normal. I finally made it to my recovery week and hoping I'll see some results, although I doubt it because it's ttom for me and I've really made a mess out of my eating the last couple of days! I get to do Yoga X today, so I really need it after the stress from being with my in-laws yesterday! On Monday, I did KenpoX and incorporated a lot of the suggestions about focusing on your form and tightening your core and it did make a difference. I really got down low on the horse stance during the blocks and my legs were burning! However, did anyone else notice that the girl in this workout doesn't get low AT ALL during these? I mean, she hardly bends her legs. The guy on the right of the screen gets really low so I try to follow his form.

Traci - What new DVD's are you planning on getting? I must have missed that conversation on Core Syn type workouts on one of the check ins. I really like this workout so if you have some suggestions let me know. I also can't do the Chatarunga run or the Sphinx pushups!

DB - Looks like we're both doing YogaX today! I'm also thinking about life after Tony. I'll probably go back to doing my own thing with Cathe, but I'm thinking about getting her Gym Style series, which I don't currently have. A lot of people on this check in have said they are going to do another P90X rotation in March and I'll probably want to do that as well. I'm thinking of doing the Classic rotation then. Maybe before too long Tony will come out with another P90 rotation! Who knows?

Have a great Wednesday everyone! Keep up the hard work!

Stephanie

This morning I did core synergistics which I did not have time to do yesterday due to post-holiday comings and goings. Glad to be back at work today and back to my regularly scheduled first thing in the morning workouts. Holidays throw my normally rigid schedule into a tizzy.

Sadly, still don't really like core syergistics. Oh well, all of the workouts can't be winners.

I got back on track yesterday with eating and doing well so far. I'm off sugar and starchy carbs for awhile. That should kickstart my way back down again. I won't get on the scale until Fri. to see if I manage to undo some of the weekend's naughty eating.

BTW, Traci, awesome job with the progress you are making. You have really "brought it."

Buffy

Hi all,

It sounds like everyone is happy to get back to their usual routines. I have some DOMS in my glutes and lower back from core syn yesterday. I was sweating buckets by the end, so maybe I was really working hard. I did kenpox this morning. Hats off to all who can use the weighted gloves for the entire workout. I haven’t gotten mine yet, but held my 1 lb ankle weights for the first 4 combinations then decided that it was way too much. I can punch harder without the weights. I’ll have to try again next time. I did pick them back up for the blocks, but that’s all.

Traci – Thanks for your encouraging, upbeat posts. It’s an inspiration to us all.

DB – Glad you stopped by. I’m not sure what I’m doing after this rotation. Probably another one fairly quickly because once summer hits, I can’t commit to 90 days and will probably go on some sort of maintenance because we usually travel a lot.

Stephanie – I hate the pre ttom body. I must say that my lower abs aren’t pouching as much now as in previous months, but it still is discouraging. I try to watch the guy on the right in kenpox too. I think his form is the best and he really seems to be giving his all.

Monica – If you are like me, you will be wishing that you were doing shoulders and arms instead of the two workouts for phase 2. I’ll be interested to hear everyone’s comments. That phase is hard. I can’t wait to get to do shoulders and arms next week. Chatar..runs.. you do a plank and run, then you go down, chest 1’above the ground and attempt to run again. It’s quite challenging.

Jeanette – Same haircut for me for the past … well too many years to count. It’s shoulder length. I went short once and regretted it. I do get it highlighted now to cover the gray.

Happy workouts to all who follow,

Tracy

Classic/Phase II/Week 4/Day 3

Hello everybody. Did Kenpo X today, I felt so lazy this morning that I really didn't want to do it. But now I am glad that I did. I feel so much better. But I am really looking forward to X Stretch tomorrow though.

Traci - I agree that this is a great group. Thanks for starting it!! Good luck with X Stretch today you lucky dog.

DB - You don't need to feel intimidated. There is no need to get descriptive. We just like to hear what everyone is doing and how they are feeling for the day. I had to laugh at the love/hate thing with Core Synergistics. I feel that way with a lot of the X workouts.
Good luck with Yoga today. I love it too.

Oh and after this workout ends :(, I am going to go back to doing some Cathe, probably the gym style series and fortunately my DH bought me the P90 Master Series for Christmas, so I don't have to miss Tony too during my break:). I think that I am going to try to keep the same rotation. Lots of stregnth training, some cardio and yoga. I am definately doing the X again in March and probably going to do the doubles.

Stephanie - I hope that you get some relaxation from Yoga today. Yesterday sounded really stressful for you. I also try to focus on the form of the guy on the right in Kenpo. That was who I was watching today.

Monica - Almost at a recovery week. Yay. Good for you for completing Plyo at the end of the day. Wow you have some energy there. How did you feel doing a workout last night and then another one this am? Are you really sore?

Buffy - It is hard to stay on track during the holidays. For me, the motivation is barely there. But good for you for sticking with it. Good luck with the eating. I know that I need to cut some of my holiday eating/drinking out now to get rid of all this junk in my body.

Tracy - It's amazing the place you get DOMS from doing Core isn't it? I felt it this am too. Really looking forward to the glute DOMS after doing Core and Kenpo. Thankfully stretching tomorrow for both of us eh?

And to anyone I missed, have a great day and happy working out!!!

Lea

>Monica - Almost at a recovery week. Yay. Good for you for
>completing Plyo at the end of the day. Wow you have some
>energy there. How did you feel doing a workout last night and
>then another one this am? Are you really sore?

Hi Lea! Yes, it was hard to complete Plyo at the end of the day. I am determined to not get behind schedule if I can help it. I was pretty sore -- especially my legs, which made ARX tough this morning.

Aren't you glad you did KenpoX and got it over with? I don't know about you, but the warm-up and stretch portion in the beginning of KenpoX is tough! Not a typical cardio warm-up. I have a hard time with raising my arms into cresent and holding the runner's lunge, then holding the lunge longer while I do the one arm chest opener stretch. My legs burn!

You know what I am looking forward to most in my recovery week? Only having two days of 1.5 hour workouts!!! The yoga days will be the longest workout days and I love the yoga. I will also be off of work both of those days. I have to say that workout out for almost 1.5 hours every day gets old in the mornings before work. I always look forward to KenpoX day because it is only 1 hour.

Okay - I am blabbing on and on. Everyone have a great day!
Also - I apologize for any typos -- I am not proof reading -- I am starving and want to go heat up my lunch!

Monica

Just a quick mid morning looksy at whats up with the gang... gotta still get stretchX & Kundalini Yoga completed.. busy busy morning at the homefront.

DB: Hi there! No worries on posts...we love having you! Way to go on Dreya Rolls... I do 5 WITH my hands and I'm spent! I think the group is about half /half now on Core Syn feelings... Me...not a fan but I think its mainly because I dont want to work that dang hard on recovery week! hahahah Enjoy Yoga tonight! Thanks re BF... Its so sad but I think thats my greatest 2006 accomplishment...GOTTA get a life! lololo POST P90X is 6 weeks of CTX & Timesaver Series just so I dont go back to overdoing cardio and lose all my muscle!

STEPHANIE: Happy recovery week! Yoga should do your stress level a world of good! Enjoy every 92 minutes of it! LOL... I guess we are all following the guy on the right in Kenpo- Not only is his form awesome I think he has a great body...not that I'm looking! The group gave me some ideas for possible similar Core Syn ... Had to have been in yesterdays posts. I havent gone to collage yet as I am still 4 weeks away from worrying about it..I'll keep ya posted on what I get. I also am considering the P90 Master Series and hoping theres a Core Syn sub in there as well....so many choices! BTW: I too keep hoping for yet another version of P90X to be released in 2007! I'm hooked

MONICA: I am so jealous! I have missed Sh & Arms to the point of whining at Tony during Phase 2 workouts! Only a few days and I'll be pulling it out again...YIPPEE!... Will let you know about my Kundalini once I just go get the dang thing done! lolol.... BTW: The Chat Run is simple to describe....ITS PURE EVIL and NOT AT ALL FUN even when I'm just doing the mosified version....

BUFFY: Thanks on kind words... Do you suffer from the sugar / carb detox as I do? You seem to have come out of holiday eating and right back in the swing...I envy you if theres no lingering repurcussions! Its just like a drug to me.

TRACI: Thanks for your sweet comments. The weighted gloves are much more balanced than other weights so I think you'll really enjoy using them. Before I got them I used 1# wrist weights and I really couldnt get good punches w/ them. I'm w/ ya on the hilites to cover gray! I cannot believe how they are popping up the past 2 years! My grandmother let her hair be natural gray (beautiful silver gray) since she turned 25 and was 10% gray! I always wonder if I'll ever have the nerve to go natural again.

LEA: I WANT MaSTER SERIES so badly! I almost bought it for myself the week before Xmas but then I looked at the checking balance....lololol I really do want it! Glad you went ahead and got Kenpo completed... I am feeling the same way EVERYDAY for the past week... just gotta get started and I'm ok but man oh man I could EASILY be talked out of all of it this week!

Have a great afternoon all!
:7

Good morning Xer buddies!

CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 4 DAY 3 (Recovery Week):

Today's workout was KenpoX. I used my weighted gloves and gave it my all, had to mentally keep pressing on to do a good job. Yes, it's easy to go thru the motions on this workout, but it's providing the "crispness" on my punches and kicks that helps me a lot. Thanks to others tips on here, I really concentrated on keeping my core tight for the blocking portion. It was a good workout this morning, but got to say, it didn't feel any easier than last week so I guess that's good?

Yesterday afternoon, DH and I drove the dogs out to the desert area and we walked up a long hill. It was a good little cardio workout too. Fun for us and good for the dogs to get out.

Traci, I too think it's great that we haven't lost anyone over the holidays. I, for one, am glad to have started this rotation WITH holidays within it as it sure helped to keep me motivated to eat better and get back on the wagon quickly. I will be having my 30 day pictures taken this coming weekend and am hoping to see a difference. I've already let my niece know that I need her to come over this coming weekend. 6% is so darned AWESOME!!!!! My mouth is hanging open!! I cannot wait to see your stats! My BF (on my Tanita scale) just has not budged below 25%. With cleaner, consistent eating, and staying plenty hydrated it doesn't fluctuate wildly, but still doesn't want to even go down to the 24's. I am encouraged that your biggest drop happened during Phase 2. I'm sure hoping that happens for me. Yes, I'm trusting it to happen. You encourage me and others on here so much. Thank you, Traci :7 .

Hi DB, glad you stopped by and posted. I enjoy reading your insights so please check in any time you can. I too am wondering after P90X what I can do to maintain. Of course, I won't worry about it right now too much as I still have 8 weeks to go. I do use the weighted gloves for KenpoX and they do help. I think I had better form this time using them than the first time. Less klutzy I guess.

Stephanie, I was watching that gal today on KenpoX and noticing how low she wasn't going into horse stance. The black guy on the right has great form and a great bod too. I thought Core Syn was very challenging. Lots of moves I couldn't do very well, kind of floundered a lot, but something to work towards.

Monica, my 3rd time doing PlyoX was a killer in energy for me. Way to go on getting it done. I'm a little scared for Phase 2 strength workouts. Shoulders and Arms was awesome the last time I did it, really made some strength gains. Yep, Bye, bye for a while on that workout. I only have one hour to work out in the morning. Have been able to do AbX in the evenings so that's working out nicely. Only takes 16 minutes and I can do it from my computer so it doesn't tie up the TV for DH. I'm really wanting to learn to work out smarter, not harder and get results. That's one thing I'm hoping to get from P90X. Learning what will work for me.

Buffy, I like it when my routine is set, it's like I can't argue with myself as I have a definite timetable that I can work out. I'm off work this week so I can more leisurely do my workouts in the morning. Still bringing it, no question about that. I avoided the scale yesterday after Christmas goodies, but was brave and got on today. Wasn't disappointed but could be better. Yep, I've always been a slave to the scale since high school days (many moons ago). Keeps me honest.

Tracy, I don't have much DOMS from Core Syn yesterday, but it was my first time doing it and I usually don't "bring it" hard enough the first time through. Next time I'll know the moves better and know that I can live through it. There is such a mental element for me. Even on my cycling. The weighted gloves make a difference for KenpoX. They do get my HR up a bit more.

Lea, glad you got KenpoX in. I sure am too. I've been lazier just staying home this week (vacation). At work, I'm on the go all the time. I've been slacking at home this week, no real deadlines or things I have to get done. It's kind of nice. You'll have to keep us informed on the P90 series. I think we're all wondering about what to do next or doing something smarter than before. That's why most of us are here, cuz we want better results than what we were doing before. I like StretchX too. Glad to hear that's on the burner for tomorrow.

I'm wanting to get in a Cardio Coach this week. I'm thinking tomorrow sometime. Should do it in the morning and then StretchX in the evening would probably make more sense. We'll see.

Jeanette

Monica - OK, I'm really interested in the P90 Masters Series. Have you previewed any of the workouts? Is it like P90X? Harder? Easier? I looked at it on the beachbody website and it didn't really give a whole lot of information, although the workouts look interesting. Give us the scoop on it, because I'm really interested in it now! I've got some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket.

Stephanie

Hi!!

YAY! I have my house back!! I guess what I really mean to say is: I have my routine back! My family are fine as far as being house guests - I just find disrupting our routine for a week to be stressful. As sad as I was to see them go this morning, I felt great relief as well. I spent much of the morning putting the house back the way we like it, and washing bedding. I also KenpoX'd it. I really enjoy that workout, and will definitely be putting it in my future rotations. I can see myself doing a lot of Cathe/P90X hybrid rotations in the future. I'm so glad I found these workouts, and all of you!

Yesterday was my first time doing Core Synergistics. I'm not sure how to evaluate that workout. I was feeling awful, and not at all in the mood to Bring It. Since it was the first time through, I found it choppy and awkward. I did decently well, but did not really enjoy it. I just worked on getting it done, and was so glad when it ended. I have to withhold judgement about that workout until I do it again later this week. Hopefully I'll feel peppier, and familiarity will help it flow better. I also had a hard time truly focusing on my core because I was just trying to figure out what they were doing in the first place. So, while I have a bit of stiffness in my middle today, I think I can do better the next time.

Monica - you have a lot of challenges ahead of you in terms of getting your workouts in. Remain focused and stubborn. This is a meaningful activity for you, and is a top priority. It's only for a little while, then you get to go back to the schedule you prefer. Just get it done, and don't worry about *how* it gets done. Do your best...and forget the rest!

Debra - I don't think CoreSyn was as hard as it looked, either. It flew by. But like I said above, I'm not sure I really "brought it." Hopefully I can report back with better results the next time through. I miss Cathe a lot right now, too. What workout are you wanting to do the most, right now? DD is slowly improving, but her fever seems to keep coming back. Poor thing. Oh well, that's how it is with children, isn't it?

Traci - you asked yesterday about CoreSyn substitutes, and I have been thinking hard about that. I'm thinking that Drill Max might be acceptable, as there is so much functional fitness in that workout, and you need to engage your core for a lot of it. There's obviously more cardio in Drill Max, but there is probably a DM premix or two that would have less or no cardio in it, n'est pas? Like you, I'm thinking of doing a P90X-like rotation using Cathe dvds, and need to find a sub for CoreSyn. In the faux P90X rotations posted by other Catheites, CoreMax 1,2&3 are substituted during the recovery week, but I think that's too much of a focus on abs. Of course, in High Step Training Advanced Cathe says she left out an ab segment because the core is recruited so much in the rest of the workout - so perhaps HSTA (with cardio segments skipped) would also be an acceptable subsitute? I love it that you saw such a big drop in BF during Phase2. Do you think it had anything to do with reducing your cardio? I notice you haven't been doing any marathon sessions of late. Perhaps you are not overtraining anymore, and your body is thanking you for it? Whatever the cause - you rock!

Tracy - I don't dread YogaX at all! I love that workout! I still struggle with the Needle-Half Moon-Twisted Half Moon segment, but I'm getting better. I feel so invigorated after I finish YogaX. The 90 minutes seems to go by pretty quick. I think in my future rotations I'm going to insert a day of Power Yoga in lieu of a cardio. Flexible hamstrings make your back feel better, don't they? It's a good thing. I haven't gotten weighted gloves for Kenpox, either. I've found that I am able to bring it quite well without them. For me, it really is all about the core and back. Keeping control of the core during all that twisting and pivoting is quite a workout. Speaking of KenpoX form, the tall guy in the back is very sloppy during his jumping jacks. I know he's supposed to be the boxing-guy, but I think he has the poorest form of them all, and looks like he's barely working. JMHO.

Jeanette - LOL at the remark about Chataranga Runs sounding like a stomach bug. I got as low as I could for those, but that wasn't very low. I have a long way to go with those. Like you, my attempts more closely resembled plank runs. When I finish YogaX or XStretch my hips and lower back feel so good that I don't want to sit down on a chair. I feel like it will just push them back into a tight position. I sit on my stability ball instead. It's my desk chair. Love it. Your nose is now making contact with your shins? Excellent!!! You're right - Tony did make a good deal of fuss over Blam in CoreSyn. Nice to see. I wonder whether Ned Farr told Tony to fuss over Dreya lots, and make her a star pupil? Maybe Ned's wanting to shoot Dreya into the spotlight more? Just a thought.

DB - I couldn't do any of the Dreya rolls yesterday without my hands. I had to assist with them all. Those are harder than they look! As I said above, when I finish this, I'm going to do a similar rotation using Cathe workouts.

Stephanie - Yes, I've noticed as well that the woman in KenpoX doesn't get very low in her horse stance during the blocks. Maybe she's not very flexible? I don't know. I try to get as low as I can, but I still don't feel my legs burning. I'll just keep trying to get lower, I guess. Cathe's Gym Styles are her best split-weight training workouts. I highly, highly recommend them, especially if you want to continue to challenge your muscles in a similar way as P90X.

Monica - Not only will you get to put PlyoX away for a week, you also won't have to see ARX, either!! I was especially happy to be able to take a break from that one.

Buffy - good strategy on staying away from the scale for a bit. I'll be doing that, too.

Lea - good for you for doing KenpoX despite feeling tired. Sometimes a good workout is just what the doctor ordered.

Okay, time to take DD#1 to ToysRUs so she can spend her Xmas money. Have a great day! Tomorrow is XStretch, and I'm soooo happy about that!

Cheers,
Sandra

Hi to all-

FINALLY got my StretchX done and did 35 minutes of a new Kundalini Yoga DVD. LOVED IT! Its all about Breath of Life and Meditation poses and Chakra clearing poses...Now THATS my idea of yoga!

JEANETTE: LOL on Kenpo not being any easier... I must say that for me there is not 1 workout that actually gets easier... I may be getting deeper into the moves but "easier" is not something I think I will ever describe for P90X. I have met my match! Oh your dog walk w/ DH sounds great! Those are special moments in my family. Thats so great you did pics...I never did, just the measurements....I have an aversion to posting pics anywhere on the web... bad family experience a few years ago so I'm tainted. As far as BF & Tanita... let me tell you girl... Tanita is all over the board for me. When my caliper showed 18% my Tanita showed 32%! Later that day after eating I did a "test" and Tanita showed wt up 3 #'s (food I guess) but BF% dropped to 30%... nah... I dont trust it at all! At least w/ caliper I can test it and have DH test it to make sure its consistent. VERY IMPRESSED that you do AM & PMs .... I have no chance of bringing my sorry self to worlout after 3pm... I become a slug except for dinner prep.

STEPHANIE: LOLOLOL on wanting to spend $$$$! I actually bought Plyo Legs of Master Series back in January 2006 (you can buy the masters ala catre) ... LOVED IT! Same premis as Plyometrics but I think P90X is about 4 levels more difficult.

SANDRA: So happyyou have your home back! I had to LOL... The FIRST thing I do after a party or guests is get "my stuff" back to where it belongs.... I'll stay up all night moving furniture if I have to... love that sense of familiarity it brings. So sorry about DD & fever... Its been a devil of a few months for her! (& you). Hmmmmmmm What workout am I missing most..... I think its anything w/ a premix! I love mixing things up.....I get so bored knowing whats coming next all the time.......Funny you said Drill Max as possible sub for Core Syn.. that crossed my mind but I had only done it once before I strated P90... Thanks for other suggestions as well. I will preview those and probably make do as I really cannot be buying any more DVDs right now... Its only been a year w/ Cathe and I invested in every workout, P90X, 3 Amy Bentos, 3 Yogas and P90X. I do think I have enough to get me thru at least part of 2007...What do you think? Hope TRUs was a blast!

Thats it for me gang! Have a wonderful evening! and dont forget to high five yourself and flex!

Traci - It just occurred to me that I never answered your query y-day about Boxing Day. It's a term for the Day-After-Christmas that Canada has kept from our British heritage. It means nothing to us here, except as perhaps the busiest shopping day of the year. Dec 26 sales here are referred to as "Boxing Day Sales." When I was a kid, I just assumed it was called Boxing Day because that's when you either boxed up all the presents you were exchanging at the stores, or you were going out to buy more stuff, which usually came in a box. As an adult I learned that it's actually just the name that we've adopted. In Britain, it has something to do with being the day that the servants give gifts to the lords. Or the lords gave them to the servants. I'm really not sure which. But it's something we don't do. We really should, though, because I think my servants owe me big time.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to fluff the nest once the guests are gone. I think it's a lot like the urge men have to pee in the corners every time they go somewhere. Not literally, of course. My DH always likes to scope out the external property before he goes inside anywhere. If he doesn't get a chance to do it when we get out of the car, you can be sure he'll take off at some point and go examine the peripheries. I always assumed this was an adult-territorial male kind of thing, but now I'm wondering if you all think I'm married to some weird Canadian-bush guy? He's not. He's actually very civilized. Hardly ever eats with his fingers.

My goodness, you spent your $$$$$ in 2006, didn't you?! Wow! I remember the year I bought 80% of Cathe's collection, in bits and pieces. It was a good, good year filled with cheer and delight. It was capped by the release of the Body Blast Series, and I thought I'd reached workout Nirvana. I still think that's the funnest series ever.

Your yoga sounds like it was really, really nice. I need to learn to meditate. It would do great things for me, I think. But then, I think too much, and hence, I can't meditate. I can't shut off all the voices.

That's quite bizarre how different the Tanita scale and the calipers are in measuring your BF%. I certainly won't bother with a BF scale. I've heard good things about the AccuMeasure Calipers, and if I ever see them in a store I might buy them.

DD had a lot of fun spending the money on her "credit card" today. The store had very little in the way of sales, though. Very disappointing. Is it my imagination, or are the post-Christmas sales (aka Boxing Day Sales) not as good as they used to be?

I have some grilled salmon with lemon-herb sauce in the oven, baby carrots steaming on the stove, and long-grain brown rice simmering in a pot. I'm going to add a baby spinach salad with tomato and 2oz of avocado. Sounds like a delicious, clean meal. Looking forward to it!

Until tomorrow,
Sandra

hello again,
someone had posted on the open forum regarding cardio x not being a good workout. I did this workout once and didnt find it very hard at all either. I was wondering, instead of doing the cardio x and the kenpo(I think that is what it is called)could you substitute running instead ? I really am hoping for results that I havent gotten with other workouts and it seems like alot of people have had great results with p90x but I would rather run than do those two workouts. any advice would greatly be appreciated. I am not trying to down play these two workouts but I am a runner and dont want to give my runs up so if this is a way of continuing my runs and doing the rotation and having success with the program that would be great! thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.