X'ers 12/26 TUESDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning X'ers! Based on all the posts yesterday sounds like Christmas was awesome! Back to real world today for me... Starting off with a WalMart grocery run!

Classic / Phase 2 / Recovery Week Day 3

Today is Kenpo....Yippee!

Santa brought me an ipod so the first think I loaded was my 1 and only cardio caoch 3. Now I dont have to deal with that TM that I so dislike! If it warms up I may also do an outside walk/jog with CC3. (I dont run anymore)

Feeling very "lean" today... Scale stayed down to its all time low in my life and BF% is at 18%.... hoping to see a bit of a drop in BF befor I take official measurements at end of week.

LAURA: Welcome to Xers! Jump in anytime... We have another regular "X" who isnt officially starting until 1-1 but is a regular daily check in 'er! To answer your ? I have followed Level 1 (Fat Shredder Blocks) of eating plan about 80-85% .... I was actally already eating that way but "tweeked" afew things to meet my bodys needs.... If I am REALLY hungry I eat an additional carb in way of double fiber bread or extra sweet potato... I do not eat at 1800 cal level every day but somewhere between 1300-1600 seems good for my body. I chose Level 1 only because in my peri menopausal body I simply cannot eat a lot of grains and lose BF. I have been "getting to know" my bodys new needs for 2 years now.

LEA: Enjoy Core Syn today! So happy ypu had a wonderful Christmas w/ kids!

JEANETTE: To answer ? about recovery weeks.... YES that is when my body found its magic moments! Keep in mind that everyone is very different so just my experience. I have found that my body respond responds quite well to intense rotations (Cathe) by doing 3 days on and 1 day "off" or stretch or Yoga or just a semi brisk walk. Its been a mental block I must say after 20+ years of die hard 6-7 days a week. I now trust the "recovery" process 100%. 3-4 days into a recovery type format my body "shrinks" before my eyes... It is incredible to see it respond to recovery. I think of it as responding to the respect I am showing it. LOLOLOL...Your dream about Core Syn.... OMG! I SO want that 8 min w/o!
Hope DS1 made it in from Reno safely!

STEPHANIE: Congrats on the new w/o clothes!!! I love how new ones make me feel! Have a wonderful workout today! & YES - ARX gets "easier" - some exercises more than others for me but at least I'm not feeling like a "failure" anymore! lol

MONICA: GREAT way to bring it on Xmas day workout! I applaud your commitment! It aint easy babe! Have a great w/o!

DEBRA: Cracked me up about your FROG dream!!! I can only think of that crazy Yoga move in my dreams... THE CRANE.... the one where I feel like I am constipated! LOLOLOLOL What a grand time I bet you had w/ DD! Christmas truly is different when you have children I'm sure!

TRACY: Way to go doing Kest yesterday! YES I am floored by the rotaion process here. Just about the time I lose my excitement its time for a recovery week and BAM I'm all excited again because of results! Its sure showing me how important seeing tangible results are to my peace of mind and commitment level. I got a YOGA mat too from Santa.. and A Kundalini Yoga Chakra Clearing DVD I had been wanting AND Cathe High Step! Now I can put the old Firm Step in the garage and use as a step stool! Have a wonderful day!

X: Hope you are well and are still going to check in this week!

Good Morning!!!

Traci - I got an Ipod also, the nano. I already have the photo but I really wanted the nano so I can strap it on my arm and go running outside. Particularly useful for traveling. DD got me both the nano and the armband. So exited.

Today starts recovery week. Actually started yesterday with a total unplanned rest day. Just too much going on. I'll do Core Synergistics. Not my fav. but I'll get through it. Probably I'll do some kind of cardio.

Glad the holidays are over so I can get my eating back under control. 4 weeks to go in P90X and I really want to see all those muscles I know are there. Need to be extra careful with my diet.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Buffy- WooHoo on ipod! Sean will now be everywhere you go!!!! Hard to believe we are in final P90 stretch... Where does the time go? I'm with ya on Core Syn not being a fav... I'm working on that one with positive affirmations. have a great one!

Mornin' X gang!

I have found your posts very insirational but I have to say that I have had my share of thumbprint cookies, tenderloin, champagne and cheese! My body really doesn't feel crisp with this knid of eating and today I am re-studying the nutritional booklet in preparation for Jan 1st.

Traci, I am very encouraged by your feeling of "leaness" and shrinkage. That's trusting the program. I cannot wait to formally start my Lean Rotation workouts and Fat Shredder.

Today I will do KenpoX as I have not done this yet. I have a feeling I'm going to love it. Gonna grab my weighted gloves and focus on form!

Enjoy your workouts, and welcome new Xers!

X

Hi all,

Classic / Phase 2 / Recovery Week Day 2

Sounds like everyone had a great time yesterday. I'm a little long winded today and glad to get back into the regular routine, even though I enjoy the holidays.

Today is core syn for me. I can’t wait to try those chatarunga (sp?) runs again and see if I’ve made any improvements. I must be the only one that really looks forward to this workout. I’ll probably do some cardio too. I bought some weighted gloves. I ordered them from power systems. They looked bigger than the ones Jeanette ordered. They are 2 lbs each, but have 4 ½ lbs weights in them that can be removed. I had DOMS in my back from kenpo x the last time I did it, so I’m not sure about using weighted gloves.

Traci- I’ve always been one who hardly ever takes a break from working out too. Then when we went on vacation last year I had a forced break/ maintenance period and the weight just fell off too. I attributed it to no snacking, but I really don’t think that was it. It was just the recovery shock. From now on I will always plan my workouts to include a recovery period.

Buffy – I hope you get the eating under control. I always find it hard the first few days to get back to the good eating habits. I did pretty good this holiday, but that is because we went to New Zealand in August and the food was terrible and I gained a few pounds by eating lots of chocolate which took me at least 3 weeks to get rid of. I think that was in my subconscious and prevented me from eating a bunch of junk because it’s hard to loose. Also, my son has lost 45+ lbs in the last year and he doesn’t want junk food around, so we actually threw out the desserts that were left here.

BBL and hi to all who follow.

Tracy

Good morning. I am sitting here with coffee trying to wake up and get some energy to do Core Synergistics. Ugh, why couldn't it be stretching today? Too much excitement from yesterday, and maybe too much drinkage, cookies, you name it. I have to drink lots of water today and eat really really healthy to feel normal again.

Traci - I am glad that you had a great Christmas. Looks like Ipod was the way to go this year. DH got me the ipod shuffle. It is really tiny, but I like to make playlists and listen to them.

Glad that you are feeling lean today. Good work, especially after the holidays!! Have a great time with Kenpo and hopefully Cardio Coach.

Buffy - What a great gift, the ipod nano. I hear you on getting back on track on the eating front. Try to have fun with Core today.

X - Good morning. I hope that you enjoy Kenpo with the weighted gloves. It is a fun workout.

Laura - Welcome the the X'ers check in. I hope that you find us inspirational and fun. The X is a great program. I haven't been following the diet program but I try to eat as clean as possible, well except for yesterday. Good luck.

Jeanette - How was your get together. I hope that you had a good time. I can't believe that you dreamed about Core. That is too funny. I guess when it gets in our blood, it REALLY gets in our blood. Good luck with Core today.

Stephanie - I hope that you were able to enjoy your new workout clothes. That is so great. And yes, hang in there. You will definately see improvement and it is amazing how fast it comes. I feel really strong now and I am almost done with Phase II.

BTW, thanks for the compliment. I haven't been following the eating plan. I have been eating as clean as possible, but I also don't eat meat, so it is kind of difficult to follow the X diet plan. I just finished a book by Nancy Clark called Sports Nutrition and it was very informative for me, so I am following that pretty much.

Debra - Sounds like your Christmas was nice. Isn't it fun to watch your daughter enjoy her new toys? Good luck with Core today!!

Tracy - Another Corer today huh? Hope it is good. BTW, thanks for the compliment on the kids. They are three years apart. My youngest is turning 3 on New Year's Eve. I am really trying to enjoy them at this age since I know that they grow up so fast.

All right, off to try to do the Core thing. Hi to everyone else that I missed.

Lea

CL/PH1/WK4/Day2

Happy Boxing Day, Xers!

Well, I'm here. That's a good thing. My, what a couple of days it's been! I started my first Recovery Week. I did XStretch on Sunday, then YogaX on Monday. My, that feels sooooo good! I am seeing serious improvement in my flexibility, especially in the hips. YogaX is starting to feel "easier", and I'm even able to stay in that Crane pose for short periods of time.

Today is CoreSyn for the first time, and I previewed it the other day. I have to say that it does NOT look like fun, and I'm rather dreading doing it. Of course, this is probably because I'm feeling terrible and would rather just veg on the couch all day. Hopefully once I get around to doing the workout, it won't be as bad as I'm anticipating. But I can't imagine that it's going to feel good!

Until Xmas eve I managed to stick with my eating plan. Then I decided it's okay to just go with the flow for a bit. So I enjoyed a few treats on Xmas eve, and essentially ate nothing but "treats" all day yesterday. I don't regret it (or at least, I'm trying not to), because it's Christmas. I'm willing to accept the consequences of eating poorly for one of these 90 days. Many people report that they don't change their eating at all, and still see results from P90X. So, 89 days of clean eating should still be a good thing. But I have to say - one day of living on shortbread cookies (lots of those!!), chocolate, cashews, chocolate, homemade cinnamon raisin bread, chocolate, red wine (only 1 glass), and chocolate can really make you feel bad. I feel puffy everywhere.

Oh, and my sleep has been terrible for the past 3 nights, at least. Poor DD#2 developed a cold and an ear infection last Wednesday, and her night times have been pretty tough - which means my night times have been pretty busy, too. Oh well, this too shall pass and in a few days when we have our house back to ourselves, I'll be complaining about the boredom, and how much I miss my family.

Traci - I LOVE hearing about your recovery week meltdown!!! 18% BF?! AWESOME!!! How was MIL's b-day yesterday? I read the posts over the last few days - thank you so much for your very, very kind words the other day. You flatter me too much, but it's good for my super-ego, so I thank you :) You're not so keen on CoreSyn? Oh dear, you X-ers are supposed to rave about it and tell me it's the best workout since BodyMax2. 'Cause it really doesn't look like a "recovery" workout!

Laura - Welcome to X-Land!

Buffy - We bought DD#1 the IPOD Shuffle. Man, I love that thing. It's so tiny, and looks so perrrty! She's going to have to be careful, or Mama's going to dust that thing into her own pocket. CoreSyn's something you have to "get through"? Oh dear. That's not helping my motivation! But if I'm having a terrible time, I'll just think about you enduring it along with me. Good luck!

Tracy - Thank you for saying something positive about CoreSyn! My competitive nature just woke up. It's telling me that if Tracy likes it, then I will chose to LOVE it LOL!! Just kidding. You probably like it because you have such a strong core already (Mason Twists with a dumbell!!), so maybe it feels better for you. Those chatawhatever runs looks absolutely dreadful. That's what I'm dreading the most. They look like bugs trying to run under a fence before they get squished. Your son lost 45lbs this year?! He's amazing!! How old is he?

X - I'm liking KenpoX more every time I do it. The intensity comes purely from within. You can really crank it up, once you get to know the pace of the workout. The vertical punches at the very end are favourite - bam! bam! bam! bam! bam!!!! Have a great time!

I want to go squirt chocolate syrup into my coffee. Ooooh, those carb cravings are nasty. Only one more week with the Phase 1 eating. Woohoo! I'm getting tired of egg white omelets and chicken or tuna salads. I'd at least like to be able to stuff that chicken salad inside half of a whole wheat pita. Yum.

I want to do Drill Max. I'm missing Cathe - especially those 4 new workouts. I just preordered Cardio Fusion yesterday, and ordered the Calendar with an extra page of stickers. That should spend my Christmas-gift money.

Well, time to go do Mom stuff. I may be back later to report on CoreSyn. Or should I say - the next installment in the Dreya/Tony Affair? Until then, have a great day!

Cheers,
Sandra

Lea,

We posted at the same time. You have a NY baby, huh? That's really neat. He will always have a party to go to!

I share your dread about it not being a stretch day. Is this your first time through CoreSyn? I can't remember if you've mentioned it before.

I have that Clark book. It's excellent. Very informative. What she recommends is very similar to the Phase III P90X eating plan, I believe.

Enjoy your shuffling!
Sandra

Hi all,
I just finished Core Syn for first time, have to finish eating, jump in shower and get a hair cut, but will be back after the haircut to post.

Jeanette

PHASE 1 / WEEK 3 / DAY 2 / CLASSIC ROTATION

Hi everyone. I am really bummed out today. I had planned to get up and do Plyo X before work, but I must have messed up on setting the alarm clock. It never went off and I was late to work without getting in a workout. I can do it when I get home, but my hubby is on vacation and I really don't want to do Plyo in the living room while he is home. I think it is kind of embarrassing all the jumping around. I am going to do it though. I am bummed because I really don't like doing one workout in the evening and then getting up the following morning early to workout, but I will make myself do it.

Another kink in the workout schedule will happen this week. I have a little sister who is 20 years my junior, she is 10. In the summer she spends the night at my house every Wednesday and comes to work with me in the morning for breakfast in the cafeteria. She loves coming into this big tall building and going up to see my desk. Well, since she is on Christmas break she is going to spend the night this Wednesday and come in to work with me for breakfast on Thursday. That means I can't workout Thursday morning and will have to do Yoga X (all wopping 90 minutes) in the evening. I guess that this week is a true test for me.

Thanks for letting me whine.

Oh yeah -- is anyone else using bands with a door attachment instead of a pull-up bar? I had been doing all of the band pull-downs on my knees and lean forward as Tony suggests to most closely simulate a pull up / chin up. Well, yesterday during Chest & Back, I decided to sit down instead of on my knees -- It was SOOO much harder. My back is so sore today (a good kind of sore). I am excited about this discovery because I was beginning to worry that the bands weren't enough work. I now know I can make it harder, and still have room to move back to increase the tension.

**JEANETTE (OR ANYONE ELSE WHO WISHES TO RESPOND TO THIS) - Please let me know what you think of Core Syn after doing it today. I am dying to try it next week and would be very interested in hearing about it. Difficulty? Does it get your heart rate up? Is it mostly on the floor work or standing?

Thanks for listening!
Monica

Sandra - Yes, a New Year's baby, well, New Year's Eve. I believe as he gets older he will enjoy it!!! BTW, cute girls that you have. They are absolutely gorgeous. How far apart are they?

I am glad that I did Core today. It gave me a good sweat, which I really needed eating and drinking yesterday. I am glad that I did it. I am in phase II, so it's the 3rd time I believe that I have done this. I just wanna know when that darn stretch X is coming. LOL. I must be really lazy this week :).

Have fun with Core}( .

Lea

Hello to all!!!
It sounds like everyone survived Christmas!! And it sounds like a few of you ladies must have been VERY good girls this year!!

I have Core Syn today as well...I was looking forward to it until I woke up this morning and I have a bit of a kink in my neck...I don't know if it's from sleeping late (my DD was so tired after the festivities yesterday that she slept until 9:15!!!) or if I overstretched yesterday with StretchX (which I did at 8:00 last night!) Well..we'll see how it goes...maybe I'll loosen up a bit once I get going in it.

Jeanette..Well be looking forwrd to hearing how you liked Core Syn...If I remember correctly it was your first time with it. Or I could be wrong and thinking of someone else!! Anyway, I am sure your hair looks lovely!!

Sandra...Hope Core Syn went well...I didn't think it was as hard as it LOOKED..not to say tht it was easy by any stretch! I am glad you are feeling improvments with you flexibility. I am noticing the same thing this week. I am sure your eating was not as bad as you thought yesterday...but you'll just be that more diligent the rest of the week! Hope your DD is feeling better!

Lea..Good luck with Core Syn! It's hard to wake up after all the festivities, hunh? I don't follow the eating plan completely either, but I am improving my habits.

X...Hope you have fun with Kenpo..I like this workout. I am sure you'll do great with the nutrition plan since you have a lot of time to prepare for it and get you mind in the right place!

Tracy...I'm sure you had fun with Core Syn today. Good for you for keeping up with your nutrition plan. Let us know how your gloves are working out...I am thinking about investing in some as well. Are you doing Cathe today? I miss her!!!

Buffy....I am sure you will get your diet under control. It always seems easier after the holidays. I am sure you will bring renewed vigor to your habits!! Hope Core Syn went well for you today!

Traci...Your fat % is INCREDIBLE!!! Congrats to you for all your hard work! It's nice to have such great results....especially during recovery week!! I have lost a couple of pounds so far...and I am very excited about that!! I haven't done my fat % yet...waiting for the end of recovery week. And you must have been a very good girl this year for Santa to bring you such nice presents!!! I am also perimenopausal...(the women in my family start early) and I have really been struggling with my weight fluctuations this fall and winter. I am trying to be more in tune with my body and what it needs to maintain a comfortable weight for me.

Anyhoo..Happy day to all who follow...and anyone I missed!!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Monica...We must have been posting at the same time...It's tough to have your routine shaken up...My DH is going to be home next week...and I am already trying to plan when to do my workouts so that I don't have to do as much while he's here!! I really like Core Syn...I've only done it once. I think there is a good mix of standing and floor work. It seems pretty pilates based to me, which I personally enjoy. My heart rate was up, but not like a cardio workout. If you like pilates, you will probably enjoy it. And I am now signing off to go and do it myself!!

Debra

Well we are a commited check in group today ! YEAH I really needed it today!
Kenpo completed & really "brought it"... My abs are killing me from Core Syn (didnt realize it until I started engaging in Kenpo...) I guess that means that like it or not Core Syn does good things for me! DARN IT! lolol
After P90 rotation I am going to try and do a similar rotation with Cathe... What on earth could be a Core Syn sub? I have all her stuff so any ideas ladies?

TRACY: You actually do the Chartarunga runs???? HOLY SMOKES......I cannot imagine!
So happy you got the wt'ed gloves! I think they take you to a whole new level!

X: How ya doing?! Your eating doesnt really sound so bad but KENPO should take care of at leaset a few of those darn fun calories

LEA: The only downside I find to clean eating is how terriblt lethargic I feel when I stray... It really shows how much junk we were putting into our system on a daily basis before..Had to lol at your ..."When's stretchX coming?" ... I so feel that way too today.

SANDRA: Happy Boxers Day to you too! I must plead ignorance on what this day celebrates... If you enlighten me I will absolutely celebrate with you! Your progress on The Crane is so impressive... Exciting about your flexibilty as well! MIL's b-day was nice... we stayed and played Yahtzee w/ her for a few hours. She is a widow and we really try to make a big ta do over birthdays now. You have your hands full w/ DD {{{{{{{dd2}}}}}}} and guests... Good for you staying true to the program! Hope Core Syn proved exciting for you...me- I just need a Core Syn attitude adjustment!

JEANETTE: WooHoo Core Syn is done!!! Have a great time at salon!

MONICA: {{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} You do indeed sound in a bit of a funk... just dont let any of it get to you! At times like that I always try to think of the worst possible scenario and say can I live with that if it does happen?... WORST is you have to be 3 or 4 days off the P90 schedule... You can handle it if it happens... Shoot- I am really 5 days behind of my schedule because of Phase 1 illness and Phase 2 over training... I didnt undo all the good and neither will you.

DEBRA: Thanks for congrats! YES I am excited about BF%... I have struggled for 2 long years with this "new" peri body. FINALLY I think I know what it needs at this stage in life. Thats the most invigorating part of all of it!

Glad to see everyone is getting back!

X- Enjoy kenpox. Someone else posted that it is what you make it and I agree, be sure to tighten that core.

Lea – I hope you enjoyed core syn as much as I did. It gave me a great sweat and I actually did a little better than during the previous recovery week.

Sandra – Glad you’re seeing improvements in your flexibility. I am too, but for me it’s the hamstrings. Having flexible hamstrings seems to make some of the exercises easier. Plus, since I’m seeing results, I don’t dread the 90 minutes of yogax.

Monica – I can’t be of any help with the workout situation. I hate having people watch me and I hate having my routine changed. I have lightened up over the last few years. It’s so mental and it’s not easy to get past it. Good luck.

Debra – How was core syn. I did some Cathe cardio after core syn, but not as much as I wanted. I ran out of gas and would usually push it but with being on the edge of overtraining I stopped. I must admit though that the step is not as fun for me as it used to be. I’m going to have to get some new dvds.

Traci – What do you measure your body fat with? Are you still planning to do another p90x rotation after this one?

Tracy

TRACY: Good for you with Core Syn gains! I too have the tight hammy issue and do find that this rotation helps w/ that. I'm glad you didnt push past your good sense on cardio.... it is such a fine line knowing the time to go for it & the time to stop. I think you are so well tuned into your body that you always make the right choice for yourself.
As far as BF measuring... I am using the BeachBody Caliper. The instructions only have you measure 1 area so thats what I'm doing for consistency. It was fairly cheap compared to ones I've seen out there. My tanita scale is so far off on BF% it isnt funny so I had to get something. I am planning on doing another P90X rotation around March/April. Immediately after this I am doing a CTX / Timesaver rotation to ease back in to daily cardio and not "burn" all my new muscle.... after 6 weeks I'll do a Faux P90X using SH but I really need to find a good sub for CoreSyn... thats the only one I just cant seem to think of a sub....Any ideas????

Hi all you Xer's!

CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 4/DAY 2 (RECOVERY WEEK):

I'm back from getting my haircut (good haircut), then visiting with my sister and her DH at my folks house. Just now logging back on.

Core Synergistics - Good workout for me. I really liked it, it got my heart rate up there on some of the moves. I feel like it's something that I can really grow with. I enjoyed the variety and feel like this workout will be good for my bike riding too as you definitely need a strong core for that. A real keeper.

Traci, congrats on facing Walmart today. I'm staying far away from there as I know there will be a ton of people there and lots of them returning stuff. Wow, an Ipod! I have a Sandisk Mp3 player that I like. Holds 1GB, but you know what? I've about filled it up with most of my Cardio Coach workouts. I'd like to have an Ipod for my music so someday... I like CC#3, the sprints are fun because you know they are short. Easier than the climbs for me. My gosh, Traci! 18% body fat!!! Wowsa!!! What was your BF when you started P90X? That is just downright awesome to see the BF% go down! I didn't even step on the scale this morning due to very unclean eating yesterday. Actually, I'm not bummed or anything about what I ate. It's a new day today. Cannot wait to see your stats at the end of the week. I'm sure hoping that I experience the shrinkage after a few days into the Recovery Week. Hoping I didn't do too much damage yesterday. I am soooo hoping to find what works for this perimenopausal body too. It's been tough for the last couple of years for me too. That is soooo exciting to hear that you trust the recovery process 100%. Cross your fingers for me this week too. LOL, no Core Syn was nothing like my dream at all. Thanks for thinking of my DS, he made it fine from Reno and will be staying with us all week. Right now he's fishing. Hope he's catching something too. I love Eagle Lake trout. Oh yeah, hope you enjoy your new yoga mat. Traci, your posts inspire and encourage me so much. Couldn't have done this well without you. As far as the Core Syn sub, I was thinking something like a TLT workout. They are functional fitness workouts but I think somewhat less focused on the core than Core Syn. Hope you get more ideas.

Buffy, enjoy your new Ipod. I hope to get one sometime too. Hope you liked Core Syn. It was a first for me today. You have 4 weeks to go? What kind of results have you had so far?

Tracy, how were the Chataranga Runs (sounds like a stomach bug LOL)? I had a tough time with them. Did mostly the Plank Runs instead as I could not get low enough to do anything resembling Chataranga. I think it's good that you got more adjustable weight type gloves. I'm kind of locked in with the 1#ers. Wow, your son has lost 45#? That's great! How did he do that?

X - how did you like KenpoX? I really like it and like it even better with the weighted gloves on. Wish my DH would do it with me. I think he'd really like this workout. Not really any choreo to worry much about. Hey Jan 1st is not far off and we will be here for you and with you.

Lea, thanks for reminding me. I need to go get another big glass of water. Lots of cookies/bars/cheescake/toffee peanuts etc. for me yesterday. Oh well, it's in the past and Christmas only comes once a year. DH and I had the nicest time yesterday. So you are almost done with Phase II? Will you post your stats too? How was the Recovery Week for you?

Sandra, Recovery Week for you too? I'm seeing more flexibility also. I did Stretch X on Sunday and for the hamstring stretches I could really get down on my knees with my nose. Cool feeling when the hips loosen up. Yep, I was a "treater" all day yesterday too. Up until Friday, I did pretty darned good. Only thing I didn't have yesterday was the eggnog and brandy that my Dad was pouring for everyone. Drink lots of water to get rid of the puffiness. Hope your DD starts feeling better soon. Didn't notice any power hugs between Dreya and Tony today on Core Syn. He didn't drool quite as much and gave Blam more attention. How did you like Core Syn? I think I have lots of room for improvement. Right now I have no dread feelings toward doing it again. It got my heart rate up there and moved along with no repeat exercises.

Monica, sorry you are feeling bummed. This is just a little bump, you'll be back on your schedule soon. I say go for doing Plyo in front of your DH. If my DH makes fun (which he knows better, he tried Cathe once) I just tell him to join me and show me how I should be doing it. I'm not using bands or the pullup bar. I'm using the Bowflex lat tower pulldowns. They work like the bands and I notice I'm getting stronger and able to up my weights. I found Core Syn very doable, though of course I didn't do everything perfect. Like on the Superman/Banana Roll type drills I sometimes had to help with my arms. It's partial floor and standing work, some lighter weights (3#,5# and 8#'s I think I used). Very functional feel to it. Go into it with an open mind and just do your best. Core work is soooo good for everything you do. Yes and some of the work DID get my heart rate up there.

Debra, hope the kink in the neck feels better. Sometimes I just sleep wrong. Boy the neck is such a weak point for me sometimes. Knock on wood, I haven't strained anything yet. Like the stretches that Tony does beforehand. Thanks for thinking about my hair. I'm pleased with the haircut. It's pretty much the same cut I've had for a long time. Maybe someday I'll get bold and do something crazy, who knows? Being perimenopausal is tough, huh? It all USED to be so easy, it seems. I sure fight for every pound now. They go on easy, but soooo tough to take off.

Sorry this is so long.

Jeanette

Hi gals!

Tracy...Core Syn was pretty good considering I really hurt my neck/shoulder apparently! I am icing it as we speak! I was planning on starting phase 2 tomorrow, but it may have to wait another day! I wasn't able to use the weights I wanted to today..and I had to modify a few moves, but still felt okay.

Monica...I am adjusting my thoughts on Core Syn a bit...I want to add that there are a lot of functional fitness moves, too.

Traci...I am racking my brain for a good sub of Core Syn...Nothing Cathe is coming to mind. You may want to just use Tony for that day in your rotation. A couple of other DVDs you could possibly substitute are Kari Anderson's Angle, Lines and Curves..although this one is certainly not as intense...Another couple that come to mind are Tari Love's Hard Body Yoga and Self's Bikini Ready Fast..These MAY work as subs...although none are quite like Tony!

Debra

Hi,

Lea - Thanks for reminding me too about the water. I have a much harder time getting it down when I'm at home. I need to get another glass now.

Traci - I'm going to get a body fat caliper. I'd like to know what mine is. As for the chaterunga runs, I probably more like walk, but I'm able to move each leg up 8 times before the 10 seconds is up. I couldn't do any last recovery week. Same with those spinx pushups. I was able to do several on my toes then dropped to the knees. It's all in the core, mine still needs some work. My back dipped a little on the last plank chater... holds.

Sandra & Jeanette - My son is 19 now and he lost the weight over the past year. I've always eaten a low fat diet and he decided to give it a try, eat reasonable portions, plus he gave up fast food and soda. I'm really proud of him because it wasn't easy and he looks great now. Plus, I know the feeling with the perimenopausal weight, easy on, real hard off. It stinks.

Debra - Sorry to hear about the injury. It's hard to know how it happens and how far to push. I've held back on the pull/chin ups for just that reason. I had a little twinge in my shoulder and I didn't want it to get any worse.

Tracy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.