Xers 12/18 MONDAY

Hi All: Sounds like everyones enjoying the season!

Classic/Week 3/ Day 1
Decided to just chill a bit yesterday and let my body recover from sugar & excess carbonation. I must say after a gallon of water yesterday and clean "lite" eating I am still very puffy this am. I guess my body is teaching me a lesson in a big way! I will hit the CH-SH-TRI Abs this am and do a cardio this evening & pretend I'm in the doubles rotation, gotta get rid of this bloat TODAY!

Tracy: So glad you got your cardio "fix" in yesterday. I was really pining for Cathe Cardio for about 10 days but soon settled into new routine... I still throw in some of her ab work & of course the shorter cardios as add ons but I think I'm enjoying her more with this little break. Absence is making my heart grow even fonder!

JEANETTE: Your bike ride sounds dreamy! I love riding.. tough to find beautiful places in a city this size. Cool on ordering gloves! I think you'll be amazed at added results both cardio wise & definition.

LEA: Have a great day!

GAYLE: Hope we all got you the info you needed!

X: LOL... Hope you are feeling MUCH MUCH better today! I think I'll call you Twinkle Toes.

DEBRA: Thanks for thoughts on my workout yesterday! Great job "baking" vs "eating" all those cookies! Hope the swap is really fun... Voodoo Doll: Whats the scoop on BB Boards? Is it a good luck charm? Is it a Tony Prank? Is it to keep mind off of pain?

Good Morning to all I missed - Make it a great day and BRING IT!

Hi all,

Classic /Phase 2/ Week 3 / Day 1

I did arx this am and have ch/sh/tri for this afternoon. I'm making good progress with arx and can do everything pretty good, except I have to keep my legs straight on the v up roll ups. I help a 2lb weight for the mason twists. I know that not much, but it did add more of a challenge to my coordination if nothing else.

Traci- As always thanks for getting us started. I hate the puffy feeling and I got it after I ate the nachos. Sugar really is evil! Absence did make the heart grow fonder, but I know that I can't go back to doing what I did before.

Jeanette - Glad you had a nice ride. I felt not winded, but physically tired a couple of weeks ago after an hour of step, which is unusual for me. I think in order to maintain, I'm going to do 2 short and one longer step/cardio workouts per week. My overall goal is increase my endurance and stength, so I don't want to loose any of what I have. Hopefully that will allow me to maintain.

Happy Monday to all.

Tracy

Morning Xers:

CLASSIC/PHASE 1/WEEK 3/DAY 1

Today was Chest and Back for the last time in this phase. I didn't sleep very well last night. This seems to be a regular thing on Sunday nights for some reason, but anyway got my workout done and by the end of it, felt pretty darned good, surpassing all of my previous pushups. I'll leave AbX for tonite when I have more time.

Traci, I was the same way with the puffiness last weekend (Saturday night). Had a huge bowl of buttered popcorn and lots of pecan pie bars and apple cake. Was really puffy on Monday morning. I slammed the water big time and by Monday night/Tuesday was ridding myself of the excess water pretty good. Usually in my case I think it's the salt that does it because I'll bloat up on unbuttered salted popcorn too. My DH BBQ's with Accent, Adolph's tenderizer, lots of salt and boy, it's good, but that stuff will make me blow up too. He's now holding out food for me on the BBQ, unseasoned. Anyways, hope the puffiness goes down quickly. I think I will try to add a little more cardio in during this week. Hate to lose my cardio gains.

Tracy, I have to work hard to keep my legs straighter on the V sit ups too. Also, the Fifer scissors are tough for me to keep my legs straight. I have pretty tight hamstrings that make it tough. I'll focus on form tonite while doing AbX. I too will try to get in some other cardio during the week, a Cardio Coach probably to hit the legs good.

Got to run, hi to everyone else that follows,

Jeanette

Jeanette and Traci - The bloat. I hate the pre - ttom bloat that I get. It always makes me feel like I'm working my core in vain. Unfortunately, I crave salt during that time, compounding the problem.

Jeanette - I have tight hamstrings too. They are much better since starting this program. I think that I am stretching them in a more comprehensive way, if that makes sense. My son was the one who commented that the Fifer scissors are so much harder with tight hamstrings because of the more intense pull from gravity. I think he was right. They weren't as tough this morning, relatively speaking. I will say though, my core has really tightened up.

Tracy

Hi all! I hope that everyone had a great weekend. Did Chest/Shoulders/Tri's and ARX today. Had a really hard time getting through it today as my two year old was constantly crying for my attention this morning. But alas, after a while, I finished it.

Having a really tough morning with the kids (fighting each other and all), so will have to catch up later.

Have a great day.

Lea

WEEK 2, DAY 1, CLASSIC ROTATION

Good morning everyone. Had to get up super early to do Chest & Back and ARX before my Dr. appointment this morning. Was able to increase just a little bit the number of push-ups. Not much, but that's okay. Feeling good and ready for another tough week!

I did Stretch X yesterday on my rest day and it was wonderful. It is such a wonderful all over stretch. I hope to fit it in every week on my rest day.

Monica

Good afternoon X'ers! Today has been totally crazy! I woke up a half hour late and haven't been able to catch up since! I feel like I'm running on a treadmill, since I'm constantly moving, but not really getting anywhere! I'm diappointed with myself, since yesterday I did Legs and Back, and was supposed to do ARX, but right during the Crunchy Frogs, my abs completely gave out. I was able to get through most of the ab work with modifications and some rests before, but yesterday, I just couldn't do it for some reason. I tried to go ahead to the Fifer Scissor, but I could only do about 10 of those on one side and about 4 on the other. Why am I doing WORSE? Shouldn't I be getting better? I'm really frustrated. I did Yoga X the day before, and that has quite a bit of core work, so maybe that's why. I'll try it again tonight after Kenpo X.

Happy exercising everyone!
Stephanie

Stephanie,
Maybe you should consider resting your core muscles today and tomorrow on your rest day. That way when you move on to your next abs day they will be recovered? Just a suggestion. I think that your core gets some work in KenpoX without adding ARX.

Monica

Afternoon Check In;
Classic/ Phase 2 / Week 3 / Day 1

Cranked out Chest/Sh/Tri & Abs with lots of add-ons as I was feeling really strong today. I also did Chest-Sh-Tri-Abs from BM2, Abs from CTX and 70 minutes of cardio. I finally feel like bloat & sugar cravings are GONE! Hooray

TRACY: Cannot imagine holding any wts at all for Mason Twists...MONSTER- Feeling stronger in Abs this week and felt the added CTX All Abs was a great double whammy today. You will probably feel better if you add in some cardio... will you do it after your planned P90X w/o or before on the days you do it?

JEANETTE: Sorry about Sundays & sleepless nights...maybe you are thinking about all the fun you'll have w/ Chest *Back! lol Enjoy your ab work and cc add ons this week!

LEA: Glad you finally got thru your w/o... cant be easy when kids are needing attention...Kudos for just sticking w/ it! Hope all is quiet this afternoon

MONICA: Congrats on see improvement already in week 2! just think how cool your stats will be in a few weeks. I love Stretch X as well.. I like sneaking it in an extra day mid week to get the kinks out.

STEPHANIE: I cant recall where you are in program but YES it is "normal" to have days where you feel like you've taken a few steps back... (I think manual addresses this?) Anyway. Week 2 of Phase 1 I felt much weaker and was modifying a lot.... Week 3 I was strong as a beast! lol I am in my final week of Phase 2 and feel stronger but also it just feels tougher to crank out the strength... Thank goodness for recovery week coming up. Just keep at it and remember to DO YOUR BEST & FORGET THE REST! Our bodies have natural ebbs & flows so not to worry.

Great afternoon to all!

CL/Ph1/Wk3/Day1

Hi! Finally made it to the computer this afternoon, but don't have much time.

I made it through Chest & Back for the third time! Whew! I feel like I gave it my best, so I'm going to forget the rest. I have a mirror in my workout area, and I'm already loving the shape of my upper body these days. Next time I take photos, it's going to be immediately after an upper body workout, when the muscles are still inflated LOL!

I was feeling very draggy today and wondering whether it's time to move to Phase 2 of the eating plan. Then I ate my protein bar. Ah, that felt better. Then I stepped on the scale. I'm down 2.6 pounds! In 2 weeks! WOOHOO!! Things are working, so I'm going to stick with the Fat Shredders plan for 2 more weeks. Or at least, that's my goal.

Tomorrow is PlyoX and I'm expecting it to feel tough. I've been thinking about the comments many people have made about losing their cardio endurance. I think if you're following the Fat Shredders plan, the cardio workouts are going to feel harder as you go along, because you don't have all those carbohydrates sitting at the ready for your muscles to burn (called glycogen when it's in your liver, waiting to be called into duty). If I understand it right, the theory is that if there's no carbs to burn, the body will burn fat stores. Hence, this low-carb portion of the eating plan is called the fat shredder phase. It doesn't feel as good to burn this alternative fuel source, but I think it's necessary to get off a plateau. The simple carbs in the protein bar gives you the immediate energy you need to get through the workout, and the recovery drink replenishes your glyogen stores enough that you're not craving carbs and can maintain your mental functioning. I'm not going to worry about my cardio endurance until I've finished P90X. The last phase of eating is quite high carb and low protein & fat, so I anticipate when I finish Week 12, I'll have lots of glycogen back in my body, plus extra strength and endurance for steady-state cardio. This is all my own interpretation of the eating plan and its effects on our athletic performance. I would love to hear anyone else's thoughts and theories.

I'm going to skip personals today for the sake of time. It sounds like everyone is doing great; staying committed. I don't think we've lost anyone yet, have we?

BTW, have you tried any of the recipes in the food manual? I regularly eat the Protein Smoothie, Tuna Salad, Chicken Salad, and the Spinach Scramble with 2 slices of turkey bacon. Last night I prepared the garlic-lemon chicken for the family and we all agreed it was tasty. I'd love to hear what anyone has to say about these or the other recipes.

Have a great day,
Sandra

Sandra - Glad you had a good workout. Plyo tomorrow for me too. I am DREADING it as I am still dragging from this darn cold. Oh well.

I'm not really following the meal plan, but the recipes in there are good. I have made the vegetable soup (yummy), soy sausage muffin (easy and good), spinach scramble too, cumin vinaigrette for salads (took me a while to get use to it, but now I love it), lemon/garlic chicken (which was good) and so far that is about it, but really am going to try more soon.

Until later...

Lea

TRACI -- WOW! You really kicked butt today! You are an animal! 70 minutes of cardio along with Chest/Sh/Tri & Abs! I am so impressed! You do probably feel good though to get in a good sweat after you sugar hangover. As for the congrats on my improvement -- I think that this week I was able to do more push-ups because I would go to exhaustion then rest, then try to push out a few more. Last week I would just completely stop when I reached exhaustion. This week I thought that I should make the best of the free time available.

SANDRA -- Congratulations on the results in your upper body! And you are down 2.5 lbs! I love hearing about everyone's success -- it is so motivating.

LEA -- I am not following the eating plan either, but some of those recipes look great!

Monica

Hi all,

Lea – I absolutely hate it when my workout gets interrupted. Luckily everyone here leaves me alone.

Monica – I can’t wait to get back to chest and back. Enjoy it while it’s in the rotation! I usually do as many pushups as I can on my toes, then several more on my knees. The next time, I can usually do more on my toes. It's not as easy with ch/sh/tri because the pushups are so darn hard and complex.

Traci – You go girl! I was coming on here to whine about how hard ch/sh/tri is and you added extra work. My arms were like Jello today when I finished. I increased almost all my weights and all of the push up #s. By the time I got to the last compound exercise I had almost no strength. I’m feeling like I’ve pushed as much as I possibly can this phase without getting injured. I’m glad next week is a recovery week. I usually do the cardio before p90x. It actually loosens me up a bit.

Stephanie – Week before last I struggled with arx after the yoga. I thought that maybe it was because I do yoga at night and then less than 12 hours later did arx, so this week I didn’t do arx until the next day. I felt better and was able to give it my all.

Sandra – I was dreading ch/sh/tri today and I’ve already thought about plyox tomorrow. Luckily, it was mostly my brain and not my body. I think that there is a fine line between really working HARD, and overtraining. I’m right on the edge maybe a little over. I’m trying to be really mindful of that because I want to see good results. Congratulations on the weight loss. I agree about the food/diet/physiology. I sort of have to go with how I feel as to amounts of protein and carbs. Every time I put some restrictions on my diet it backfires.

Happy holidays

Tracy

Classic/ph1/wk3/day 5ish (I think!)

Hi to all!! I know I'm posting late...but it's been one of those days!!! I had my neighborhood cookie swap this morning (and let me add I ate NO cookies!!! Only a small slice of quiche!) Then on to pick my DD from school, then home to workout...legs and back today..then took my DD to dance...then to dinner...then Russian lessons...now, I am finally at my computer for the first time today!!! Tomorrow I have Kenpo which I really like and then a rest day..and then I'm in my first recovery week...although to me..YogaX twice in one week isn't a lot of recovery!!!! I am excited to try out StretchX and Core Syn, though!

Traci...Gald you listened to your body and took a rest day...I'm sure you needed it! Good for you for adding on today..and feeling good about it. I love CTX all abs!!! Plus cardio...Way to go!

Tracy...Wow! I can't believe you did the mason twists with a weight!! Those are the worst for me!! (My 5yo loves them though...she sits beside me twisting like a mad woman saying "This is sooooo easy!!!) It's great that you are making progress on your weights and numbers...I love seeing my weight numbers go up!

Jeanette...Congrats on getting through Chest and Back..It's definitely my least favorite! Sorry about your insomnia...No fun..I also have to add some cardio each week...Just to make me feel, I don't know, right>>>

Lea....sorry for all your interruptions...It's hard to get a workout in with little ones around..especially with a cold!! good luck with Plyo in the morning. Thanks for the feed back on diet, too.

Monica...Any increase is a good thing!! Glad to hear good things about StretchX..

Stephanie...I agree, maybe give your abs a day or two of rest..and then you should be able to get back at it. Don't let yourself get too frustrated.

Sandra...Congrats on getting through C&B...I love the after workout pump! And your weight loss is amazing!! I think your interpretation of the carb and protein use during exercise is good. It sounds dead on to me! I have made the mushroom omlette from the menu (and added a few extra veggies which are always hard for me to get in) and it was good!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.