X'ers 1/4 THURSDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Thursday X'ers! Woke up at 1am w/ sinus headache.... The missing 2 hours of sleep may just make Yoga X unbearable...I may have to split it into 3 - 30 minute segments rather than my usual split of 45/45. I also need to throw in ARX today as yesterday it didnt happen.:(

CL / PH 3 / WK 1 / Day 4
Shoulders really tight this am but feel fewer DOMS than Wk 1 w/ Sh & Arms... I think it really is the recovery drink helping. I didnt have one to use until week 3 of Ph 1- I was just using my protein drink... this recovery drink seems to help but not sure why.

:7 SANDRA:
lol...I did strut for awhile in my sports bra...unfortunately only the dogs were around to see! When UPS guy came I was back in my oversized comfy sweats! FINALLY got my big girl step yesterday!! WooHoo! Goodness- its DOUBLE the size of the small one! I do believe I will be fully challenged again when I go back to Cathes step work! So happy you like B&B! I really adore all the bicep work in that one...Biceps have never been my fav part to work but shoot Tony makes it all fun and he really pushes me to my limits. Interesting you mentioned forearms... Yesterday was the first time in weeks that my wrists & forearms really got tight and painful. I too took a bit longer on breaks (added about 10 min to w/o)... I need to stretch those today. I am so jealous of hands in air on ARX! Who cares why it actually occurred- the fact you could do it amazes me! Oh Sandra I just KNEW you were going to tell me to do more planks... (YUKIE! but i will!)- Yep- Its SH that has 2 segments of planks... I'll pull them out and add it to my ARX days...poo poo poo poo So how are you doing with & feeling about your eating plan now? Keep me posted on whats working for you so I can make yet ANOTHER change to my always evolving food habits! lol

:7 STEPHANIE: WELCOME TO PHASE 2!!!! 1/3 done! Great job! I think you are the only one doing Lean.... How do you like it so far? Did you have alot of lean-ness to obtain or are you pretty lean already? I agree that Core Syn is HARD! For me its because my core isnt all that strong...my abs are really pretty great but this "core region" just encompasses so many muscles that I have yet to buff... hence the need formore planks! No worries on lack of wt increases in phase 1... I didnt either. I think its the change of workouts (muscle confusion) that Tony throws into Ph 2. Do you get that in Lean as well? BTW: I bow to you for working out so late in the evenings... especially after work/kids/etc.... I just dont know how you night owls do it! All my life I am up early and early to bed. DH & I STRUGGLE with staying up past 8pm in winter months... In summer we PRAY for 9pm when sun finally is gone so we can go to bed! lolol

:7 DB & DEB: Phase 3 is just around the corner! Enjoy your last days of "recovery week" DB- What do you think of the Doubles Rotation? Do you have enough energy for it?

:7 TRACY & LEA: Have great workouts today.... Are you guys as excited as I am about Ph 3? I think I'll be doing FitnessFreaks latest rotation when I'm done w/ this. What are you guys thinking?

:7 DEBRA: Hug that wonderful DH some today... Hows the Russian coming? Whats the Russian word for DOMS?

:7 LAURIE - JEANETTE- Where's your motivation level in Ph 2? I flopped daily from bored-excited-burnt out-tired-energized... I was kinda a mental mess. Mentally it was harder than the actual workouts for me most days...

:7 MONICA: Phase 2 in sight! Are you ready!!!

:7 GAYLE & X: So after first few days what are your thoughts of program overall?

:) Buffy: Hope all is OK in your busy world! I miss ya!!

Have a great day & hope I didnt miss anyone this morning! Happy FLEXING!

Hi all,

Wow! The board was really busy yesterday. I did shoulders and arms and increased all my weights 2-3 lbs. My biceps were much stronger, but I struggled on those swimmer presses or whatever he called them. I also add abs from BM2 and LIC in the evening. That was a nice combination and the extra ab work is helping to support my back, which is almost better.

I quickly scanned yesterday's comments and I'll be back later with personals. One quick one though..

Sandra - I too thought my forearms were going to explode during back and biceps. They have gotten bigger too. I think it was the combination of the bar and heavy bicep work. I had to stop and message them a couple of times before I could continue and I can't get my palms flat on the ground either.

Tracy

Good morning all you Xers!

Classic/Phase 2/Week 1/Day 4

Just thought I'd post real quick before my workout. I have YogaX on tap for today. I may/may not do it as planned. Not sure yet. My niece came over last night and took my pictures. Nothing incredible at all, but I decided to post them to my Picture Trail so they are on there now. Actually, I was kind of pleased. It's almost TTOM so I'm feeling a little puffy too. I also just took my stats so here they are:

Date: 1/4/07 (31 days approx.)
Body Fat %: +1% (Tanita BF scale, can't trust that thing)
Weight: +1
Chest: -1"
Waist: -1"
Hips: -0-
Right Thigh: -1/2"
Left Thigh: -1/4"
Right Bicep: +1/2"
Left Bicep: +1/2"

Nothing earth shattering, but progress nonetheless.

BBL!

Jeanette

Hi all in X-Land!

Classic/Week 5/Phase 2/Day 5

I had Kenpox on schedule for today, but decided I needed a break from Tony so I did KPC with Abs instead. I love Tony and the workouts, but I don't want to burn out on his chatter and not want to do the workouts. It was kind of nice seeing Cathe and the crew again.

Got to leave for work.. so everyone have an "X-Cellent" day!

Deb B

GM Xers!

Classic Hybrid/Ph1/Wk1/Day3

OK today was Shoulders and Arms. Enjoyable but not as intense as Chest and Back. I am focusign on 12-15 reps, following Drey's form and tempo while Hubby is grunting and groaning and really looking like the boys with all his sweat. 2 very different styles but we love doing together. I wrtite everything down...Hubby claims he has it all in his head.

Tonight ARX, still resolving DOMs from 48 hours ago.

Tomorrow I will Hybrid KPC instead of scheduled Yoga. I dont like switching the routine because I know it's carefully formulated but it's a compromise that comes with having a partner. My DH will not do Yoga, he'll run with the dog.

Thanks for all your posts and fun, interesting thoughts!

X

Classic/Phase 3/Week 1/Day 4

Good morning. Yoga X on tap for today. I need the stretch. This week's workout has been giving me DOMS left and right. It's a nice feeling though.

Traci - Sorry to hear about your sinus headache. Ouch. I hope that you are able to make it through your yoga. Did you get the recovery drink from BB? I don't remember if you said. But YES, very excited about the home stretch. I think that I will do my own rotation after this for a little while, probably a month, then back to the X. I bet you can't wait to try out your new step. It will be fun. Feel better girl!!

Tracy - Good job on the increase of shoulders and arms. Have a good yoga day:) .

Jeanette - Wow!! Your pictures really show improvement after 30 days. Your arms really have definition and you stomach looks amazing. Keep it up. Great job. I wouldn't want to mess with you after your 90 days.

Deb - I hope that you enjoyed a little of Cathe. We all need our breaks sometimes. Glad you had a good time with it.

X - That is great that DH is working out with you. Are you enjoying it so far? Have fun doing KPC tomorrow. Looks like Cathe is in our mix this week.

Sandra - I hear you on the forearms. I think that it is from holding on for dear life on the bicep and pullup work. I try to loosen up, but my hands scream NO!!! LOL. Great to hear you have improvement on ARX. I haven't been doing additional cardio, just doing the X Classic rotation only. Even though I should after all this holiday eating/drinking. Hope that you are feeling better today, and no hangovers!! LOL

Stephanie - Congrats on making it to phase 2. Imax 3 is definately easier after plyo. It is the hardest one of Cathe's and it is still no walk in the park, but with plyo you are constantly jumping and with Cathe, you get a lot of breaks. I was even able to do all of the plie jacks yesterday for the first time (And there is a lot of them). It's interesting to be in phase 3. I definately see a big improvement in form and stregnth in this weeks workouts. Wow you workout at 9pm huh? I am in bed by then, but of course I got up at 4:45 am today. LOL

Ok everyone. Have an "gorgeous" day. Talk to you all later. I am going to go fly through the air with the greatest of ease now:+ .

Lea

Hello All,
Last night was Stretch X. Although I got on the scale this morning and was +2, I'm glad I got to do the workout. I feel like it definitely released all my sore areas.

Doubles/Ph2/week 4/day 5

Tonight is Core Syn. Hoping to do this right after work before dinner because I have plans with a friend. Don't know if I'll have enough energy, but maybe a quick snack before work will help in that department.

X - I write down everything to. I don't know how you can't. I wish they provided sheets to write down weights used in Core Syn. and Legs and Back (for the legs portion). Maybe I'll make sheets for my next time through.

Deb B - Do you find KPC easier now? KPC always gets me. That first 30 minutes is a real burner if you really push it. Windmills are definitely not my favorite.

Jeanette - Congrats on your stats! I didn't do before and after pics at all nor did I do measurements. Didn't want to be let down if the measurements weren't where I wanted them to be. I give you props.

Traci - I'm doing more of a modified doubles routine. I do the Cardio X and scheduled weight workout tape on the weekends and only do a 20 minute jog/run and scheduled weight workout tape on the weekdays. I'm a morning person, but not that early, so I have to fit everything in after work. That usually makes my w/o on double days 2 hours. In Ph3 it shows that your supposed to add in cardio on Plyo days. Don't know if I'll be able to function. Might add it in on Yoga days instead. I'll let you know how it goes. As for my energy level, I usually start off pretty strong, but by the time ARX is up on double days, I'm pooped! I get through it though, just because I'm such a routine kind of girl. Wish I had the drive to split out ARX and do it on a non-scheduled day.

Going to get my post-P90x routine together this weekend. I've read that some of you are going for Cathe Gym Style after this. Is it better than the Slow and Heavy series (i.e. more like Tony w/o's)?

Checked out the Brian Kest website last night. Which Yoga tapes do you all have from him? There were better reviews on some than others and he has so many!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Thanks for all the must needed support and motivation!

Morning Everyone,

Classic/Ph2/Week1/Day4 (I think I did this wrong yesterday, put day2 up instead of 3) :)

All I can say is I love Back & Biceps. I can't stop having my family feel my biceps (weird I know). All they do is go ya feels great. :D

Traci, I will let you know how I feel about ph2 after I'm not suffering from this stupid cold. I have to say though that I think PlyoX cleared up quite a bit of it. And yesterday I was sneezing for about 5 min. after doing BB.}(

Keep up the great work on the X everyone!

Laurie

Forgot to say I will be doing YogaX today.

Hi all,

Classic/Phase 2/Week 1/Day 4:

I'm back now. I subbed YogaX with Bryan Kest Power Yoga - Intensive Body Sculpting which was intense for me. He really cooks your legs in this one. I feel great now. Oh yeah, I did AbX last night while DH worked on the Bowflex, lots of grunting and groaning going on. We received Time Life's Malt Shop Memories CD collection of songs from the 50's (DH's wish), so of course, I had to mute Tony while doing AbX and listen to "Earth Angel" LOL! Whatever, as long as DH is working out.

Traci, so sorry you have a sinus headache. That cannot be fun and I can't imagine doing Down Dogs with one at all. Hope that nastiness goes away soon. Enjoy your big step. Mine is getting dusty as I haven't used it in what, 5 weeks now. Hmmm... So far, my motivation level is good. Actually taking the pictures and measuring helped that along as I see some difference. Hoping Phase 2 brings more changes.

Tracy, way to go on increasing your weights on Shoulders & Arms. That's awesome and so motivating. My left arm and shoulder are weaker than my right. That left side yesterday on B&B kept giving out before the right. I didn't have any problem with the forearm yesterday. I think you really work your biceps with the pullup work (lat pulldowns for me) so it makes it tougher.

Deb, I love the abs in KPC. Glad you did what you had to do by subbing. So far, I'm not burned out on Tony at all.

X - I think most people think the Sh & Arms is easier than Chest & Back and enjoy it more. Bet you will be increasing your weights soon on this one. My DH makes sooooo much noise when he works out. You'd think someone was dying next to me.

Lea, thanks for the compliment on my 30 days. Hope it gets better. I was really vascillating on posting them, but saw a little improvement so decided to. Enjoy that much deserved stretch. I like XStretch a lot. Happy flying!

DB, don't you hate that scale? I was up this morning on my weight, but I've been consuming so much water lately that I mostly attribute it to one less flushing than I need LOL! Bryan Kest's Power Yoga series are good. I have the set of 3 videos - tone, energize and sweat. The Bryan Kest I did this morning was excellent - Power Yoga - Intensive Body Sculpting. Think I also have a beginning Power Yoga one that's good too. I like what he says about taking care of the parts that don't show on our bodies, our hip joints, etc. I have GS and Slow & Heavy, both are good. I'm going to be working smarter after this rotation for sure, not so much cardio to burn off the muscle I'm building.

Laura, way to go on the biceps! My DH says it's great because I can pack more firewood. He's soooo practical. He's not big on compliments but sometimes I have to pry one out of him.

Got to run,

Jeanette

ALMOST THROUGH WITH RECOVERY WEEK 1

Good morning everyone. This morning was Stretch X -- I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's nice to not get all sweaty in the morning. Getting pumped about next week, but also enjoying the slower pace of this week.

Is anyone here doing Doubles as laid out by P90X? I am entering Phase 2 next week and considering trying it. The only thing that I may change is doing my weights in the morning, and Cardio X in the evening, instead of the other way around. I just don't think I could give my best effort to my weights after doing Cardio in the morning. What do you guys think?

TRACI -- I hope that you are feeling better soon. Just do what you can with Yoga X.

JEANETTE -- I tried to look at your pictures this morning, but for some reason I couldn't connect to picture trail's site. I'm sure you are looking great! I also agree with you that I will not be doing so much cardio after all of this. I do think that cardio is important, but not as much as I used to do. I like the two days per week -- maybe a third day 1/2 hour session.

DEB -- I completely agree on Tony's chatter. I liked it in the beginning, but now I just get tired of hearing him. Now that I have done Kenpo a few times I do the silence and cues only option and play my own music. I just tried that for the first time last weekend and I loved it! I play my DVDs on my computer, so I just open up i-tunes and play my music through the same speakers. I have created my own playlist on i-tunes to go with Yoga X, Stretch X, and Kenpo X.

LEA -- Good morning, enjoy Yoga X today. It is my favorite.

DB -- Don't worry so much about the scale. I have finally convinced myself not to worry about what the scale says, because my clothes say otherwise. Good luck on fitting in Core Syn tonight. I just did that one for the first time this week, and boy were my upper abs sore!

LAURIE -- I hope that your cold passes soon. I had one last week and it made Plyo X really hard for me!

Have a great day -- we are almost to the weekend!

Monica

Hi Monica,
I'm not formally doing Doubles this phase (#2), however, I am cycling on Sundays and maybe throwing in a Cardio Coach here and there. I'm getting spoiled with only an hour a day (except for 16 min. AbX 3X a week), hate to expend any more time. Why, I even shortened Yoga to 60 minutes today (did a Bryan Kest instead).

If I was doing doubles, I'd probably do the weight work in the morning too. Think it would be okay either way.

Jeanette

Good Morning!!

I've been super busy this week. I haven't even read the boards but wanted to do a quick checkin.

Yesterday, I did chest and back. Boy, am I feeling it today. I'm a bit off schedule this week because of my shoulder hurting and I also didn't workout this morning because I didn't sleep well last nite. I will do ARX tonite and maybe cardio coach. Tomorrow is Plyox. I'll have to double up a bit this weekend and workout on Sunday (my usual rest day) to catch up.

I weighed myself this morning and was happy that I didn't gain any weight of the holidays. Didn't lose either that maintaining is good enough.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Hi all,

Today is yogax for me, but I'm not sure if I will do it. My left glute and back are better, but still tight. I may have to sub something, I'll see how I feel when I get home.

Jeanette - The pictures look great. You can really see some changes. Thanks for posting them.

Traci - First, great gains on the weights. I didn't get quite that much, but it still was an overall increase so I'm happy. I'm sorry about the sleep and the headache. Lack of sleep is the one thing that really takes it toll on me. I hope you catch up tonight. No DOMS for me from sh and arms, but it's only been 12 hours and typically for me it's about 20 before it sets in.

Gayle – I think plyo x gets harder as you do it and concentrate on landing softly. I’m no where close to quiet landings on some of the exercises (rock star hops). For assisted pull ups, I have a bar that is high, so I have to stand on a ladder to grab it, but here are some suggestions; two legs on your support, one leg on the support ( I usually alternate), no legs on the negative, push the support out further in front, rest sides of feet on support and don’t use any pressure. I hope that makes some sense.

Deb – Glad you liked back and biceps. I didn’t, well love hate because I thought it was intense, but I did improve the strength in my biceps, so I guess that’s a good thing. I know I said this before, but old workouts are comforting aren’t they?

Laurie – Back and biceps, love it or hate it? Sounds like you love it. Everyone at my house has noticed my new and improved muscles. It’s nice isn’t it?

X – I like splitting the workouts too. I feel like I can do my best better. I think that it is the combination of workouts that zaps the energy. I think we’ve all had days when we didn’t do as well as expected. do your best and forget the rest!

Lea – It is fun to get back to something that is familiar, but I just have to remember not to go on auto-pilot when I do something familiar. Great job using 20s; I’m up to 18.5 for some, but no more. I’ve had DOMS too. I wasn’t sure if it was the workouts or my lack of using a recovery drink like I was before. Ttom throws me off schedule, both physically and mentally, because I know that the drinks help.

Jeanette – Writing things down has been a huge help for me. I think that it helps to keep you honest. There have been a couple of times when I mentally just didn’t think I had “it,” yet I would look at my previous weights, and be able to increase. I know that if I hadn’t written it down, I would have chosen a lighter weight and still be on that plateau.

Monica – The combination of core syn and kenpox is quite effective isn’t it? Core syn is the only thing that has given my DOMS in my core. There really was a lot of thought put into this program. I hope they have something else in the works. I’m doing doubles with other cardio and it’s OK. Just be careful of overtraining. I don’t think quite as much cardio is needed as I was doing before.

Debra – Glad you’re still around. Check in when you can.

Sandra - Funny, I find the scissors the hardest in arx. It may be because of a week lower back thought because I put my hands under my glutes for some extra support, since my back is still tight, and they seemed easier. I’m going to have to work on the lower back I guess.

Stephanie – I work out in the evenings or afternoon. I worked out for years in the am, but just can’t force myself to get up at 4 in order to leave at 6:30.

DB – I have the Brian Kest with 3 separate workouts on it. It’s great. I got it at Deep discount dvd for about 14. I don’t do scales, but I was having a “fat day” yesterday. I said something to my husband and he looked at me like I was nuts and said, “are you serious?” I guess some of my weird perceptions will never go away.

Buffy – Sorry you’re still nursing the shoulder. I hope it gets back to normal soon. I’m still nursing the back. It stinks doesn’t it?

I hope everyone has a great day and productive workouts.

Tracy

Hi ladies!

I'm in what I'm calling a free week--I finished the Lean rotation just before Christmas & haven't worked out much since. Last Friday I began the Classic Rotation -- but am considering doing Doubles because I'd like to lose 5 to 8 lbs during this rotation. But because I took almost 2 weeks off, I'm having trouble getting back into the workouts--they seem harder! So this week I'm doing what I can & quitting at about 1/2 way through. Saturday I'll make the final decision on whether I'll do the Classic or Doubles & commit seroiusly.

Last night was Legs & Back for me. I got a chin up bar for Christmas so last night was the first time I actually tried one. I used my high step instead of a chair. Today my lats are FRIED!!! YIPPEE! I love DOMS!

I have some low back issues so I only do some of ARX but my goal is to be able to complete it before the end of this rotation.

Keep up the good work ladies! From what I'm reading, you all are doing AWESOME!

Quick Update and back later with AM personals....

Classic, Phase 3, Week 1

DH called said we may have to be OOT on Sat for family stuff.... My P90X Alert went off & I said NO WAY am I getting off track.... So on 4 hours sleep & 3 different sinus meds off I went to workout mania zone this morning....

Completed: Todays Yoga X + Tomorrows Legs & Back....

I will do Kenpo & ARX tomorrow and have rest days on Saturdays now just in case we have to go OOT.

My upper body is fried from yesterday...every hour DOMS get more intense but so far my Legs & back are just fatigued.... I cant believe how much better I was with Yoga X and got more out of back too as I switched to tighter bands. Feeling like I am having an out of body experience so will try and get a nap in at some point today.

Back in a bit! I'm starving so will be an early Salmon Salad for me!

Hi John'sWife!

I am swooping in at work, just noticed your post and I'm wondering if I've missed you on this thread. (Completely possible as I am always in a rush!) Please tell me your thoughts on the Lean Rotation. Did you attain your goals. I wanted to do Lean but am modifying Classic as Hubby is doing P90X too.

Thanks in advance!

X

CL/PH2/WK1/Day4

Hi all! Made it to the computer at last. Gonna be quick.

Did YogaX this morning. Just love how that workout makes me feel.

Feeling my biceps today. Ouch. Hope it doesn't get worse as the day progresses....

I checked out X's link to the P90X development process. Fascinating stuff!! Thanks so much for finding that!! Thought the bit where Tony goes to Dreya's house the most interesting. He "loves her like the sisters he has two of" Yeah RIGHT! LOL! Then he tries to grab her boobs!

Traci - oooh, sorry to hear about the sinus headache. Those aren't pleasant. Rest with a warm, wet cloth over your eyes, if you have a chance. About the planks: I'm not even suggesting you tack on all of those SH planks every day. Just roll over and attempt to hold a one minute plank. That in itself is probably all you need, if you're doing it frequently. Maybe do the SH bits once or twice a week. And when you're in the plank, focus on squeezing your butt cheeks together, which will also cause you to use your quads. Imagine there's a $1,000 bill in your butt, and you don't want anyone to take it :D

Tracy - so glad to hear I'm not the only one working the forearms so hard. I'm pretty sure it's all the pull ups, and using 20lb dbs so frequently in the bicep routines. I hope I don't end up looking like Popeye at the end of this :)

Jeanette - You're making good progress! A bunch of inches seem to have gone missing. Nice work!!

Lea - LOL! Happy flying! So, IMAX3 is easier, and you've done no extra cardio? Woohoo!!! I'm going to hold you to that, when I finish in 2 months ;)

Hello to the rest of the gang. I'm out of time. Have a great day!
Sandra

Jeanette - Thanks so much for the Brian Kest and Gym Style advice. I'll have to review his website more for the stuff you mentioned.

Thanks to all for the "scale +2" support in your posts. The only problem with me... I always buy my clothes a little bigger, therefore, it's hard for me to judge if they're fitting differently. My "skinny jeans" that I bought a year ago are even a little loose. I'm not a toothpick, but still a far cry from the 60 lbs. heavier that I was in college!

:)

Hi everybody! I can't possible reply with personals, so I apologize, but I did read it all!

Thanks for the input onthe pull ups. As for how I'm liking X so far...I LOVE IT! SOmething different yet effective. Having said that:

This morning was Yoga X. WOW. I haven't EVER done yoga, and I didn't expect the workout that I got. I'm surprised I had the patience to do it, since I love cardio and jumping around and stuff. Worked up a great sweat during the first half! wow.

It hit my son's Kindergarten class this AM then went to the Y, where I had my private swim lesson. LOVE IT LOVED IT LOVED IT! 30 minutes of lessons and then I stayed in the pool for another full HOUR doing kickboard laps, working on my breathing and my kick. I learned that I didn't know anything about proper form!!!! I've committed to meeting with her next Thursday, and committed to practicing all the mechanics she taught me today between now and then. Planning on going to the pool tomorrow when I get the boys on the bus.

It doesn't take much to get me addicted to anything athletic or fitness-related, so I really shouldn't be surprised that now I want to go out and buy myself a new suit for this purpose! LOL

Gayle

Hi X,

I enjoyed the Lean rotation. I don't think it was as intense as the Classic because it doesn't require 3 days of strength training. And during weeks 5-7 you don't do legs at all which I really missed.

I lost some weight doing it but could really see a difference in the way my clothes fit. In fact, I'm wearing anywhere from a size to 2 sizes smaller now than when i started.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.