X'ers 1/2/07 TUESDAY

teddy16410

Cathlete
Happy Tuesday to All!

CL/ Phase 3/ Week 1/Day 2

Still nursing a sore back/neck but CHEST & BACK yesterday didnt make it any worse so onward I go!

I added a Cardio Coach 3 interval outside jog/sprint yesterday and must say I was AMAZED at how strong my legs felt after not running at all for several months. My shins are not happy but I can stretch those out today.

Plyo X is on the schedule and I am planning on adding a 30 minute Cathe Kick if I feel strong enough. Feel like I got the eating back to clean yesterday as we ate on Blackeye Peas & Cabbage for NY's and I did not have the cornbread. I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new Tosca book: Eating Clean (or something like that)- I preordered w/ Amazon back in November & its due out this month.

Thinking out loud here ... Many of us feeling that check in has been good for many reasons.. I need the accountability and motivation myself as well as the continuing commitment to less cardio & more strength training and you guys are a great "fit" for me... What about between P90X's a check In like Strength Training Focus or something? Ya know I'm not the creative one w/ names... I think Jeanette or Tracy came up w/ X'ers....just a thought

TRACY: Glad you modified ARX for your back... Thats my only issue w/ that one is how extremely taxing it can be on lower back... I always end up modifing at least part of it. I think thats why I insist on doing CTX all abs 1 of 3 days... just so I can get some variety and actually complete abs w/ out modifications. Your sons sport sounds incredible! I was pricing racing bikes last year and my mouth dropped as the one I wanted (& DID NOT get) cost more than my leather sofa, chair & loveseat!

JEANETTE:
9 people sounds like a great show up for a NY day cold ride! You must be the group leader as I know sometimes you're a solo rider on group day! LOL at 51 degree heat wave! As much as I whine about Houstons heat/humidity I am such a weenie in the cold. This morning its 40 (low) and I cant believe how dang cold my feet are! I too love the plyo pushups!!! (on knees of course)... Makes me feel like I'm super duper strong! lol

SANDRA: You must be wiped out from NYE-NYDay festivities! What a total blast that sounds like!!!! I am planning an Open House next year first week in December but have NO idea how to do it so I'll be sniffing around in a few months for ideas. Wanna come be my party planner/coordinator? Your total push up count continues to impress me... Thats how I can tell that your heavier wt lifting is a key for push ups... my 15's just aint gonna get me to that many p/up reps! I was using my 15's for lawnmowers yesterday and really need to up the wt but my set "jumps" to 20's and thats too heavy.... MUST go in search of 16/17 pounders- not sure they make them tho.... Your decision about your food/weight/focus/plan/self acceptance sounds incredibly healthy - menatally & physically! I hope you are proud of yourself for having such a major aha moment. Clarity is a wonderful gift. I've heard alot about set points over past few years and so believe its true... I also found that when I took my focus OFF of weight and onto BodyFat & health my weight & BF "magically" started in a downward trend after 2 years of not budging. Eating for health and to increase my ability to workout stronger FEELS much different than eating for weight loss. I just received Vegan Planet Cookbook that I read so much about here and although I really dont have a preference of actual Vegan living or not the recipes look simple & yummy and ingredients list isnt so "out there"... I love veggies and soups so the 500 + pages will be well used. If I get off of animal protein a bit thats good too but again my focus will remain on eating for health & vitality as I look at 44 in the face soon. again...HIGH 5 on the clarity!

Have a great morning all & hope those of you heading back to work today have a wonderful day getting back into the grind. Back later!

Hi all,

Just a quick check in to say hi as culture shock has hit and its back to work today. I hope everyone has a great day and wonderful, productive workouts.

Traci - Count me in on the in between check in, sounds great!

I'll catch up on personals later.

Tracy

Good Morning!!!

Just a quickie for me too this morning. On my way out to the gym.

Yesterday I did pure cardio with cardio coach #6 (Candace) and KPC abs. My shoulder is better but still hurting a bit. I think I'll give it another day to heal and do B&G premix. Tomorrow I'll start the final phaxe of p90X rotation.

Have a great day.

Buffy

Sandra,

I just read your post from last night. I think that we all have to accept our bodies as they are and we will be much happier. There's definitley some stuff I'd like to change, but after years of working out and dieting I finally realized it's just not going to happen.

I work with severely disabled students and teachers of those students and if it is one thing that I have learned, it is to celebrate ALL successes. If you are going to attempt plyo pushups on your toes then you are really Bringing IT! I knew you had more to celebrate than you let on.

Finally, I was liberated when I put the scale away. I'm sure you will be too.

Tracy

Hi ladies. I'm checking in here with you all till I figure if this is where I'm 'supposed' to be! LOL

I was planning on starting Classic yesterday, but I had a bit too much to eat and WAY too much to drink NYE, so I postponed till today. And, I started by switching day 1 and day 2 (a change already, lol). I like starting off a new routine with cardio, so I did Plyometrics today. I have to say it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I LOVED the athletic focus that I felt. I'm an athlete by nature so this workout brought back a lot of good memories from high school and college sports practices. Worked up a great sweat.

I'm really looking forward to these workouts and getting to know them. At the same time, IF I start to lose my focus with them, I do plan on subbing in Cathe. But, I'm not thinking that's going to happen right away. I just want to be prepared in case the 'moodies' set in and I don't want to get derailed.

BBL

Gayle

LEAN/Phase 1/Week 4/Day 7

I, too, am back to the real world today! I have my a rest day today and then on to Phase 2!

Traci - I would love to be a part of a new check in when we're all done with this! I was just scoping out other workouts to do when I'm done with Tony (and I'm just starting Phase 2.) I looked at the P90 Master's Series which I assume to be not as difficult as P90X, so I don't know how effective it is. I'm debating whether to order it or Cathe's Gym Style Series. Whatever, I do, I'm wanting to continue to keep the focus on muscle building and strength.

Sandra - Great to hear from you, and I'm glad you've decided to make acceptance your New Year's Resolution. I'm also impressed with the pushups from Ch-Tr-Bi (is that the one?) I will probably have to modify most of the pushups in that workout when I get to it, but maybe I'll surprise myself as well.

Buffy - Congratulations and getting to that final Phase! That's gotta feel great!

Tracy - I'm preparing myself for the culture shock of going back to work today, also. I'll check back in later and let you know how it goes. Right now, I'm putting it off! I laid in bed forever this morning, so now I'll probably be late to work!

Gayle - Welcome to the world of P90X! This check in will definitely help you keep your focus with the program. I really like Plyometrics, too, and also really like anything with athletic moves in it. I also like the way you only have to do an exercise for 30 seconds and then you get a short breather. It helps the time go quickly.

Gotta go! Have a great day and productive workouts everyone!

Stephanie

Classic/Phase 3/Week 1/Day 2

Good morning. Just doing a quick check in. Ok, so today is the day that I really start cleaning up my eating (and drinking) act. I am really feeling it today.

Plyo X is on schedule for today, but I am missing Cathe a little, so I think that I will sub Imax 3. Sounds more fun right now.

I will check in with personals later if I have the time. Hope everybody has a great day.

Lea

Good morning,

<Groooaaan>. Man, I'm sitting here in complete sugar-withdrawl and sleep deprivation. Not a good combination. I'm drinking my first cup of java of the day, but it's just not doing the job. I might take a Tylenol just to see if that helps. If it helps for an alcohol hangover, then surely it can help with a sugar one?

Today is PlyoX day. I'm not looking forward to that, but I'll just do my best and forget the rest. If it feels bad today, at least I'll know it can't feel any worse the next time!

Traci - Honestly, girl, where did you get your amazing personality from?? I always look forward to seeing what you have to say everyday. Not just to me, but to everyone. Did you make a NYResolution this year? Just wondering what it is, if you have. So glad you enjoyed your CC yesterday! How reassuring to see that you're maintaining all your gains from your pre-P90X life, and seeing even more benefits. Great purchase on the Vegan Planet. I bought it last spring, and enjoyed all the recipes I tried. There's one in there using kale, figs, and garlic all sauteed in olive oil. It's yummy, and I make it frequently. I saw that Tosca book advertised in the Oxygen Clean Eating Special Issue. Give us a review when you receive it, please. My gosh I love cornbread. I don't make it much because I'm the only one here who likes it. I've never had the BEPeas and Cabbage meal you're talking about. Is it a Southern dish? I'm not sure I understand the focus of the new checkin? What would we talk about there, that we don't talk about here? Bikes are freakishly expensive, aren't they? My DH does road cycling as a hobby, and sinks a lot of pennies into the sport. Your open house will be a lot of fun! I imagine my menu would be very, very different than yours - all that delicious southern food!! I wouldn't even know where to start. The best part of yesterday was when the guys took all the kids to the pond for a skate, while the women hung around the kitchen, drank coffee and tea, and had a proper visit. I couldn't think of a more enjoyable way to spend an afternoon. We even had one family stay long enough to order pizza for dinner. Spending the day relaxing with our closest friends was the perfect start to the new year. Did you enjoy the game yesterday (or was that the day before? I'm getting mixed up, I think)?

I can't explain why some people have such a hard time with straight-legged push ups, and others don't. I was able to do SL push ups before I lifted as heavy as I do now, although you are right that as I lift heavier, I can do more. GSChest really helped me increase my stamina for pushups. For me, a key element is having a strong core. When doing them, it helps to actively engage the entire lower body: core, glutes, quads. After my last pregnancy I wasn't able to do a SL push up again until I'd first regained my core strength. Intuitively I feel that this is also the key to doing a pull/chin up, but I still haven't got that figured out yet. Or my core and back just isn't strong enough yet.

Jeanette - I loved reading about your ride yesterday. My DH would be very jealous if he knew. Our riding season here is very short. He goes out with a bunch of guys from one of the cycling shops in town, and like you, has found himself alone on occaision. I think it must be fun to ride in a pack, where you take turns drafting one another. Do you watch the Tour de France? We're big fans of it in our house. And yes, we watch it even when Lance isn't in it :) On to Phase II eating! It's nice just to change things up a bit, isn't it? Are you feeling any DOMS from CH-TRI-SH yesterday? I'm feeling a bit of stiffness in the front of my shoulders, but otherwise I'm okay. I might feel it more tomorrow. Sometimes it takes a while for the DOMS to really sink in.

Tracy - Hello! (waving). Good luck getting back into the routine.

Buffy - Glad to hear you're taking care of yourself. I like how you aren't afraid to modify the rotation based on how you're feeling. You're very smart.

Gayle - welcome to P90X!!! I had to LOL at your statement about PlyoX. I think we ALL said that the first time we did it! For some reason, it gets harder as you go along. I think it's from all the weight work fatiguing the muscles. By time you get back to PlyoX in a week, you will have worked every muscle pretty hard. Glad you are joining us!

Stephanie - Woohoo on starting Phase 2! Variety is the spice of life. I can't speak to the Masters Series, although like you I think it's easier than P90X. But I can highly, highly recommend the GS Series. I did a 4 week rotation with that one a while ago, and saw terrific gains. By the end of the 4 weeks I was doing all 72 push ups on my toes, and had increased almost all of my weights. And the band work is very effective. I love that series. When I'm done P90X I'll do something that uses the GS Series and the Slow&Heavy series.

Lea - I feel for you! I briefly considered subbing an IMAX today, too, then thought better of it. I have no desire to do a zillion plie-jacks today! If you do sub IMAX3, have a great time. It's such a fun one!

Hello to the rest of the group! Have a great day!
Sandra

Morning Everyone,

Well I'm finally back to work. I'm sorry I didn't check in during the holidays. I was sick and didn't get all my workouts in. Still don't feel that great. The cough I have is most annoying.

I will be doing PlyoX today.

Laurie

I'm back waiting for breakfast to digest so I can do PlyoX with the greatsest of ease... YEAH RIGHT! I completed Tsaver Kick & Abs and actually feel like Cathes warm ups & cooldowns helped loosen up the neck a bit more.

LAURIE:
Welcome back!!! So sorry to hear you were sick for holidays. Please take it easy w/ Plyo X...it will either kill the cough or you! lol Are you repeating the week(s) you missed? Just curious so we can help cheer you on!

SANDRA:
Now stop all that kind stuff- you have me bawling this morning! Yes its ttom but have to admit I am a big fan of clearing the tear ducts often! I {{{{{{luv}}}}} ya too! My theory about why some of us (ME!) struggle with SL Pushups.....MY BUTT.... REALLY I just cannot get it down out of the air and that thing hanging up there adds a bit of additional weight on my wrists & arms... Are you starting to get my theory???? lol Not a pretty picture is it! ha- hows that for something to go w/ your coffee! Blackeyed Peas / cabbage MUST be a southern thing... DH told me 5 years ago when we got married that there were 2 non-negotiables...Tamales on Christmas morning for luck and the NY Day menu for luck.... I cracked up because I had never heard of such things and my mom was from Louisiana so I thought I knew all the southern superstitions! No resolutions for me... I fail terribly and then beat myself up. Instead I look at all I feel I accomplished in past year and give myself a "warm fuzzy" or 2 so I feel energized to continue on.... weird I know but its better mentally for me. I havent done it yet this year because w/ pms right now I could care less if I were a good person in 2006! ha The "new" checkin would be after completing P90X and trying to stay focused on new types of rotations that we learn work w/ our bodies. For me I cannot allow myself to go back to so much cardio because it sure is engrained... I just see much better results with heavy strength training but since its not my preference / habit I thought maybe a little check in w/ this core group might be helpful... Your day w/ female friends is so awesome. My girlfriends are my lifeline... I only have 3 that are the thru thick & thin kind but man do I love and value the little time I see them. Each is so unique and different that I look forward to one on one coffee cathch-ups at Starbucks every 4-6 weeks. DH says I am a happier person after I have met w/ them too! Game was fabulous (NYEve)... Thanks for always remembering the little details of my fairly boring life!

LEA:
Enjoy whatever challenge you decide to take on! I'm sure you can find a place in IMAX to do a few Rock Star moves for Tony eh???? I'm w/ ya on feeling effects of my 1 day power binge... I feel like I need to check into the bad food detox clinic! I feel clogged ...

STEPHANIE:
I gotta agree w/ Sandra on this one....GS Series ROCKS! The use of wts & band really hits muscles that most of cathe's others tend to miss a bit. It is my favorite series of hers. If you can only order 1 of them now for "after P90X" I'd say do the GS Series.... Enjoy Real World today!

GAYLE:
Hi again! You can hang with us your entire program if you want.... We're a pretty fun group- just ask us!!!! I apologize but I was laughing out loud about 2 things in your post...1. you are already changing it - YEP- I did that the first week as well and boy was I sorry! Cant tell ya why cuz that takes the "fun" out of discovering the Magic of P90X!!! 2. YEP- Sandra & I are chuckling and nodding about PlyoX being a little less advanced than we had hoped for..... I swear I dont know what thats about in week 1 but if you are like the rest of us it gets harder and harder and harder! Last week I about threw up during it so I am stalling on todays re-play! Whatever you do for your program just ENJOY every crazy moment of it- helps with the pain....heheheheeh BTw I just started Ph 3

TRACY:
Your post had me boo-hooing as well. Isnt that a truth you wrote- to learn to celebrate all successes..... I volunteer for a Hospice and man oh man have I lightened up the past year and half.... Thanks for posting that.

BUFFY:
Great job doing good things for your body.... Phase 3 will wait until you are healed!

Ok off to check off PlyoX and get cleaned up to go face the grumpy world of back to workers.... BBL!

Good morning,

CLASSIC/PHASE 2/WEEK 1/DAY 2:

Back to work after a week off, (sigh). I'm on am 8-4 schedule at work now (5 days a week), no more 4 10 hour days a week (3 day weekend). The good thing is I'll be getting off at 4 instead of 4:30 and the other good thing is that I won't have to get up so darned early to exercise. I still have to get up at 4:30 but that's better than the 2:30 a.m. wakeup.

Well, today I brought it with PlyoX and it felt good. I was wondering after my last bout with it and feeling so bonky. I sweated like crazy this time too. I've been really drinking lots of water and it is soooo helping me with my puffiness. I woke up and looked in the mirror and looked very lean in the middle for me. My niece is coming over tomorrow after work to take my 30 day pics. I know it's getting near TTOM so I hope it doesn't hit right away. Oh yeah, did AbX with DH last night. He really struggled with it and says he needs to start easier with crunches. Okay. Hope it motivates him to start working out again. It was nice to have him next to me working out again.

Wow, lots of posts this morning, I may have to finish after work tonite.

Traci, sounds like you were able to work around your aches and pains today. Thats fabulous that you were able to run after all that time. I'm hopeful that my cycling will not suffer to much and it's good to know that I don't have to cardio myself into the ground. That is soooo liberating! I had begun to wonder where it all ended. I absolutely love cornbread and have this wonderful recipe that I make in a dutch oven. It's not very clean (the recipe, not the dutch oven). I love the idea of an inbetween check in, because I will need to focus on strength training more for sure.

Tracy, bummer going back to work, huh? Guess we are fortunate to have jobs, but it sure cramps my style!

Buffy, I have Cardio Coach #6 but haven't done it yet. Way to go and abs on top of it.

Gayle, glad you are checking in here. PlyoX wasn't as hard as I thought the first time, but it does seem to get more difficult. The Phase 1 eating was tough and left me a bit weaker I think. I'm on Phase 2 and now get the 2 servings of carbs so I'm happier. I love all the Heisman moves.

Stephanie, enjoy the rest today. I have the GS series and think they are effective. I'm going to revisit them later and plan smarter rotations. Maybe they'll be more effective without all the cardio to burn off the lean muscle.

Sandra, I so know what you mean about accepting your body. I feel like my lower body is fairly normal in measurements but with my short legs it just will never look small. I feel like a basset hound LOL. Regular dog body and short limbs. Oh well, at least I have limbs. So your DH is a cyclist? Yes, it is a thrill riding in a paceline, of course everyone has to be aware to stay safe. We were really cruising at one point yesterday. I'm short so I can get a lot of benefit from the guys, they don't get so much from me. Yes, I watch the TDF. I need to catch up on what's going on with Landis. I was pretty disgusted with the outcome last year. I do have DOMS (slight) in the front of my shoulders and under my arm pits from CST yesterday. I even dreamed about it again.

Laurie, sorry you have been sick. Be careful with PlyoX and modify if you need to. I still have a little annoying cough too.

Will check back later,

Jeanette

PHASE 1 / WEEK 4 / DAY 2 -- CLASSIC ROTATION (MAYBE DOUBLES)

Good morning everyone!

I was really bad about checking in over the holiday weekend. Sorry about that -- spent a lot of time with my hubby.

Time to get caught up! Well, I am finally getting over my head cold. It has been hard to keep up with the holidays and a cold, but somehow I have managed to do it and I am finally in my long awaited first recovery week. I overslept this morning and wasn't able to get to Core Synergistics, but I will do it after work.

I have been noticing some good progress with Yoga X, especially in the balancing postures. I really struggled to do Legs & Back after Yoga last week, my legs were exhausted!! I am so happy that this week I will not have to look at Ab Ripper X or Plyo X. I need a little break from them. Last night my husband commented on how hard my entire core region is! He kept poking it and saying "Wow!". He is also always making comments about my tricep muscle!!! That is pretty kool!

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION TIME! I never really have had a New Year's Resolution before, but this year I am going for it. My resolution is to make my best attempt to follow the Buddhist principal of "Right Speech". I am not a buddhist, however this factor of the Noble Eightfold Path has always interested me. I generally follow it, but honestly not all the time. It calls for you to abstain from four activities in speech: lying, telling tales, harsh language and frivolous talk. I don't lie or tell tales, however I do sometimes find myself participating in gossip in the office or about relatives, and I want to stop. If you learn to control your tongue, you will do better at controlling the mind and negative thoughts as well. Okay - I hope you all don't think I am a nut as this is a P90X check in. Just wanted to share my NY Resolution with you all.

Now for personals,

TRACI -- WOW - I cannot add anything onto Plyo X at this point. What are you adding on that is Cathe Kick? Kick Max? Congrats on getting back to clean eating -- I think it will be easier for us all to focus with the holiday gatherings over with.

GAYLE -- Hello and welcome. Good luck on your P90X journey. I am very impressed - you didn't find Plyo X very difficult! It exhausts me! I do a lot of huffing and puffing in that one. I am going through P90X my first time without any edits or changes to the schedule -- while I will really miss Cathe workouts, I am doing this so I can evaluate the product as they state it should be used. My second time through I plan to sub some Cathe workouts as you are.

STEPHANIE -- Good luck with Phase 2 -- I can't wait to read about it since I am one week behind you.

LEA -- Hi there -- good luck on your clean eating, I think we are all ready to step it up for 2007!

SANDRA -- Good morning! I hope the Tylenol helps you out today. You will need your energy to get through PlyoX. Sounds like you had a great New Year's Day! On the subject of push-ups -- I agree that GS: Chest really helped me up my push-up endurance.

JEANETTE -- Good job on Plyo X -- I am so happy to not have to do that this week. Congrats on your leaning out in the middle! My hubbie would never be able to make it through ARX - so hopefully it didn't make him feel to bad.

Well, have a great day everyone. I will probably be back on this evening to give my review of Core Synergistics.

Monica

Back again to confirm I did indeed survive Plyo X.... note to self...No CC3 running day prior! makes for very difficult Plyo's !!!!!

Gotta share what a dork I am... I only added Cathes Timesaver Kick today so I could use an official calendar sticker... isnt that ridiculous? I made pink P90X stickers & Cardio Coach Stickers to use as well... Its officially my "sticker" calendar. Please dont confuse that with my color coded calendar that also lists weight/calories in / calories burned... LORDY I have TOO much time on my hands in the winter months!

JEANETTE:
lol- YES 430am is much more respectable than 2:30! Enjoy all that extra sleep!!! It should help you in phase 2. High 5 on looking lean & mean!!! Cant wait to hear about all the changes your new pics show. so happy for you and a bit easier time of it w/ PlyoX. Its a bit mentally challenging for me to dig into any workout that I "suffer" thru in previous week. Wish I had that "gotta conquer it" mentality but I tend toward more of the "OH NO"..Also happy you will be adding in some carbs...shoot- between that and extra sleep you'll be doing 2 P90 workouts a day! Thanks for the bassett hound chuckle! At least we all kind find our sense of humor about our perceived flaws!... Whats up with the armpit DOMS? I get them every time after Chest work... What muscle is that exactly???

MONICA:
Welcome back! Missed you but understand about holidays and DH time! HOORAY on recovery week...although I NEVER feel recovered...lolol Major accomplishment in strong core! Very sweet of DH to notice & comment. I know mine is noticing changes because he's asked me at least 5 times in last 30 days if I'm going to leave him for some young hard body..lol Todays his 45th so he's a bit sensitive right now about his aging body that hasnt seen exercise in 2 years! Thanks for sharing your NY Resolution! WOW thats a huge one to learn to incorporate isnt it? I remember the days in workforce... it was by far the most challenging place to stay clear of mindless gossip.... I always had to remind myself that what I said about others behind their back was a reflection on the kind of person I was - not them. That usually stopped me dead in my tracks. I am sure you will do well w/ such a noble goal. have a GREAT time w/ Core Syn tonight!!!!!

I'm Back!! Ditto on the sugar and alcohol withdrawl!

Classic/Ph1/Wk1/Day1

Well hubby showed great interest in bringing it with me that we both have started Classic together. I really wanted to do lean but logistically that would be impossible at the same time. I will, however, keep my focus on 12-15 reps and like some of you I am definitely going to add on short duration HIIT (Imax 3 blasts, KPC drills, etc...) depending on time and energy level.

Today was Chest and back. A great workout. I can do about 5-8 full form push ups for most except for Dive Bombers which I will really have to work hard on. The remaining reps I do on my knees and for the first time doing the workout, I am happy with this.

Now the push/chin ups are a different story. I have been using the heavy bands for Phase 1 and will see where I am in Phase2 for chair assists. Both Hubby and I felt the workout immediately following. Due to time constraints, ARX will be on deck for tonight.

Wow, some great progress for a lot of you ladies. Very inspiring.

P.S. I loved Tony's immitation of a lawnmower!

X

Hi to everybody! It'll take me a while to get used to who's who, so bear with me.

Thanks for the welcome and all the kind words. I really did NOT plan to change day 1, but I felt it better (for me) to stick with Tuesday's workout on Tuesday. I really want to get all the way thru this rotation with the actual planned workouts, but to take the pressure off I know I can use Cathe as a backup. SO....keep me to NO SUBSTITUTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

OK.....must run. Sorry to be so short!

Gayle

Doubles/PH2/Week 4 (recovery)/Day 2

I had to quickly scan through everyone's posts so that I could get in my comments before lunch hour is up (I'm an accountant, so, go figure, I'm going to list out my reply... :) ):

1. Sounds like everyone had a great NY/NYE. I did a bit of bad eating, but probably way less than in past years. Still feel the guilt though. Just tryin' to pump a lot of water, fruits and veggies into my system in the next few days.

2. Monica - the "Right Speech" resolution really interested me. Definitely the right way to go. I don't normally make resoultions either, but this year I wrote a "goals" list (wouldn't name it resolutions for fear I would be less inclined to keep them). #10 on the list, the last goal, was to read the list at least once a week. Sad I have to make that one of the goals, but I'm hoping it'll work to keep me on track.

3. Traci - you mentioned that the jump from 15 lbs. to 20 is too much. Have you heard of Plate Mates? I can't find them at Dick's Sporting Goods or Walmart, but I've seen them online. Haven't bought them yet. I think they're magnetized weight increments of 1 and 2 lbs. that attach to your dumbells. Check them out and see if it's what you're looking for.

4. Stephanie - Like you, I'm also up for a post P90x check-in.

5. Sandra - you were talking a bit about push-ups, SL, bent knee, and the like. Besides the fact that I can now do more pushups on my toes, I've also found that my form has improved immensely. My back used to lump up in the middle. Now, it's much easier for me to engage my core and straighten it out. Definitely attributed to the massive amount of push-ups in the program and ARX.

6. Question #1 - Anyone else a vegetarian in this check-in? I noticed the Vegan Planet book info, and thought I'd see who else might be like me. Been a ovo-lacto (eat eggs and milk) for about 9 years and haven't eaten red meat for over 12 years.

7. Question #2 - I've read people's comments on different Yoga workouts that can sub for Yoga X. Although I don't want to sub for Yoga X, once the program is over, I'll be looking for another Yoga routine to supplement. The one that interests me most - Rodney Yee (I think that's the right name). Anyone tried his workouts?

Tonight is.... well, not sure. It's recovery week, that's all I know and I'm DARN happy! Did Core Synergistics yesterday and my triceps are still sore. Everytime I do that workout, it seems a different body part is hurting afterward. That's when you know it's working. Love it!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Wow, the check in is hoppin' today! I really should be working right now, but this is more fun! Traci, I HAD to LOL about your comment on PlyoX almost making you throw up last time! That's exactly how I felt the last time I did it, too! By the last segment, I'm like, "Man, I'm going to lose my lunch here!" I didn't, but thankfully the workout ended before anything unfortunate happened! x(
Not meaning to scare you, Gayle! (Ha ha) Well, that story was in no way important, but just wanted you all to know about my digestive problems during Plyometrics!:7 Have a great day!

Stephanie

Hi all,

I’m so glad everyone is back today. Well, I will not be doing plyo x as scheduled. That much jumping will not set well with my back. I think that I will do Pam Cosmi’s Step’in rhythm and then some Cathe ab work. I envy all of you doing plyo x. I really like that workout. I do have some DOMS in the chest and upper back/lats. That’s a good sign.

Jeanette – Getting up at 4:30 has to be better than 2:30. You are one dedicated person to get up and workout that early. If I get up any before 4:45, I eventually end up getting sick. Glad you felt good doing plyo x. It’s such an accomplishment. I can’t seem to down enough water, but every time I read one of your comments I drink some more. Some days are better than others.

Sandra – I’m going to have to get the Vegan Planet cookbook. That recipe with figs and kale and garlic sounds terrific! Of course, I would be the only one at my house who would eat it, but who cares, more for me.

Lea - I did IMAX 3, Sunday before last. It actually felt easy. I doubled 8of the blasts and skipped the recoveries. I was able to do that pre-p90x and still could, so that was encouraging. Have fun with whichever workout you decide to do.

Stephanie – It stinks when work gets in the way of more important stuff doesn’t it? You must be like me, checking in when I get a spare minute.

Gayle – Glad you are checking in. I’ve added some extra Cathe here and there, but until today, stuck exactly to the Classic rotation. I wanted to give the program a chance as produced. I’ve never stuck with a rotation this long and when I started, I really didn’t know if I could.

Laurie – I think a lot of people around here must have the same cough as you have. I’m trying really hard to avoid sick people. I hope you are back to normal soon.

Monica – I like your resolution. I made one similar to that a year or so ago. It wasn’t that I told lies or tales, nor gossiped a lot either; it’s just that at work sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in negative gossip or interactions. It really is so unproductive and unfair. My motto is the old saying, “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.” Luckily the little voice in my head works pretty well because invariably in a work environment there are people who do stupid things etc that I really would like to comment about.

Traci – You have more enthusiasm than anyone I know it’s so refreshing and motivating! I made a note to self after doing plyo x early on. Never try to run the day after; it’s not a good combination. Funny how we learn things the hard way huh?

DB – I like Brian Kest for yoga. There are 3 routines on the one dvd. He talks a lot about form and breathing. I find it more invigorating than yoga x. I like Shiva Rae too. That comes with a yoga matrix that you can program to choose the different body parts you want to focus on. I think I have one by Rodney Yee, but I’ll have to go look. I don’t think that I’ve done it.

X – I am using the chair assist method for the pull/chin ups. It’s amazing how many ways one can assist with a chair; one leg, two legs, no legs on the negative, sides of feet just resting on the chair, chair directly under, chair pushed out in front………

Back to work.

Tracy

Hi Everyone,

I am a P90X newbie. I actually started the Classic rotation on December 26th. I didn't see any reason to wait until the new year. This morning was Chest and Back for me. I've been using bands for the pull up work, but my Door Gym should be delivered tomorrow:) Then I will really see how few pull ups I can do. I will be happy with 2 or 3 unassisted to start with. Wish me luck.

I have already added in cardio to the rotation as I need to lose between 20-30lbs. I also added in more leg work, mainly Butts Guts overall leg premix. How do most of you feel about the P90X leg workout? It was not what I was expecting at all.

I am looking forward to checking in will all you X-er Xperts!

Diana

Last peek in for me today...DH's 45th so we are heading out to an early dinner.

DB: Thanks for suggestion on Plate Mates...I will surely start investigating! I'm the one who just got Vegan Planet...Sandra has used it in the past... not a vegetarian but have no issues cutting back on any of the "taboos".. just have to make sure the stuff is tasty and fairly easy to cook & find in stores. I live in a suburb with no healthfood stores so its limited access to off the wall items. On yoga collection... I'm just now getting into Yoga Zone Series & Brian Kest... I like both DVDs I have. LOL on core syn DOMS... I am with ya on that one!

X: Welcome back officially!!!!! I bet you are jazzed & ready to roll! Very cool about DH's interest & participation. You ENJOY your first week!

Gayle: LOL theres a lot of us that slap ourselves at least 1-2x a week to keep from re-creating the P90X wheel! I for 1 stand proud that I am rotation phobic! If it werent for the check in theres NO Way I'd be doing Tonys version of P90!

Stephanie: yeah Plyo & food of any kind just dont mix for me! i cant even drink the recovery drink during the workout... First time in my life I couldnt drink a cup of coffee while working out! LOLOL As Tony says...Get the bucket handy!

Tracy: Oh NO! I am so sorry your back is still giving you so many challenges! Do you have a therapist you can see or a masseuse perhaps? i swear I'm about at the end of my wits w/ this neck thing... I just may have to buckle and go for a massage myself this week. You are so right about learning the hard way... Its just my nature - Tell me somethings hot and I'll touch it for certain just to make sure!

Diana: WELCOME! so happy to have all the new faces here with us!!!! I'm jealous!!!! My Door Gym is on backorder with Santa as is my car seat warmer!!!! I'll be done w/ P90 right about the time it arrives! You simply MUST report on how you like yours!!! RE: Leg work.... I am ane happy camper that I dont have to use bar bells for my legs... I've lost 2 inches in my problem thighs so I am a convert to Tonys way! BTW- Im just into Phase 3 Week 1.

Great night to all! I'll catch up in the morning with all you night owls! Happy Flexing!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.