Xers ~Whimsical Wednesday

teddy16410

Cathlete
~~~~~~~~~~~ Hard & Heavy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Legs / Cardio: Low Impact Step
Back: APX, GS
Yoga: Ellen Barrett Pilates Yoga Blend

Biceps are still screaming this morning…I do believe this is first time I have ever felt burn across all parts of the Bi’s! Something got me good- maybe it was pre-exhaust with APX? I sure didn’t go super heavy with wts- I think 12’s were my top and that didn’t last long! As far as lower- Well with doing something everyday lately I have few and far between days where I don’t have some kind of DOMS somewhere! LOL…

On todays LIS I’ll be focusing on the legs and workin’ those good! I need a good stretch so if Yoga doesn’t cut it then I’ll add on some of StretchX.

JeanetteX~
You snuck in there again last night! So you are leaving us again this weekend? Do hope the wedding is perfect for the B&G (not butts & guts!). Enjoy and toast one for me! Hope your new outfit looks cute with your new cut! YES- Take some Airbourne!!

Great day to all the Xers…. Feels better now that we have everyone back safe & sound!

Hi all,

I only did S&H chest and biceps. I did decline flies instead of flat bench ones and started with incline. Declines were an interesting sensation. I started the first set with 35's then quickly went down to 25's and then on down to 18's as the sets wore on. Triceps were OK. I didn't want too much fatigue there because it impacts my yoga and they get worked a lot in yoga anyways.

Today is either cardio or a circuit. I haven't decided yet, and yoga.

Jeanette - I know the personals get time consuming. I haven't had as much free time as I had previously. We still like to hear what everyone is doing though.

Traci - APX, maybe I'll have to get that one. I was thinking of getting the Hi/lo and I think that it has most of APX on it. If your not getting a good enough stretch from the yoga then you might be doing something wrong. Most of those dvds are much more effective for stretching that stretch x.

Wendy - Have a nice trip. I hope PY4H comes before you leave.

I'll catch up with everyone else later.

Tracy

Good morning,

Today's grocery shopping day, so I won't have time to post later. This one will have to be on the quicker side, if I'm going to get my workout (Muscle Endurance) started on time.

TracyX - I'm trying to do about 30-45 mins of yoga before bed every night. I haven't tried the Fluid Power's sun salutations yet. I think tonight I'm going to do the standing flow #1 from Shakti, then maybe tomorrow night do the standing poses (27min) from Fluid Power. I did Eoin's Daily Dose of Bliss last night and enjoyed it immensely. In a perfect world I would only do yoga every day. Nice long sessions every morning. But I eat too much to get away with that! You must be very flexible all over by now! I wonder what workout you're going to decide on today. How do you do "decline" flies? Are you on your back, with your head inclined lower than your feet?

TraciX - Ooooooh bicep doms! You worked them hard yesterday! You're right - it doesn't get overly hot here. Not like you guys get, for sure. We get a few heat waves between May and September, but it's very manageable. Everyone wore jackets at the park yesterday. Your mom and mine come from the same culinary school! Maybe that's why we're so interested in cooking real food? Would those accredited sites be relevant in Canada? If so, I'd be interested in browsing through them, for sure! MIC doesn't connect for you because the hi/lo is frantic, and the step is hard! That's the general consensus, anyway.

Wendy - How's the cold this morning? You're leaving us tonight, and not coming back until...when? How many of your kids are coming with you? I'm impressed you did a treadmill workout yesterday. Sometimes, if done at the appropriate intensity, cardio can help clear the head for a little bit. I've only tried APX once, and did it as a 2-day upper body split. The entire workout is 2 hours, so I will never do it all at once. Like TraciX said, I wasn't over the moon about the workout; didn't feel like I worked hard enough. But I like what Traci's doing with it - using it as a pre-exhaust. I may try that some time. I also don't like how she uses soooo much equipment.

Nicole - Good to see you!! I haven't viewed the pics yet, but will try to do that later. The worst part of a vacation is the unpacking, etc. But it's so nice to sleep in your own bed again! I have a thing about coming home to a clean house. I'll spend days scrubbing the house clean before we go away. It makes it easier to come home again.

JeanetteX - Glad you enjoyed the IMAX2 blast premix. Traci brought that to my attention. One day I'm going to get brave and try the IMAX3 blast premix. Or maybe only half of it LOL. I'm with you on the spending-less-time-on-the-computer thing. With the longer daylight hours, I seem to manage to get more done in a day, and don't like sitting inside at the computer much. Having the sun streaming in the windows at 5:00am makes it much easier to get up and get going in the morning.

Cheryl, Teddygirl, LaurieX - Good day!!

Okay, I've got to go bust out Muscle Endurance and get busy. I'm feeling tired in the lower body, so not looking forward to the squat marathon and the leg presses. Oh well. In 70mins I'll be done.

Have a great day,
SandraX

Good morning,:7

Remind me to never do legs & glutes xtreme, EVER again x( x( That freaking workout wore me the -------- out, when I finished I was zoned out, nice workout tho, no! excellent workout:) :)
Okay I am confused, (hush Wendy):+ :p Cathe has 4 kickboxing workouts, right? KM KP&C, cardio kicks is there a fourth ?????

The fourth KB workout was what I was going to do this morning, if there is one. I had promised myself I would dig it out and try it, why come I can’t think of it, brain dead, duh. Anywho, that was the one I had plan to do but I have it vhs, I think. I wasn’t about to bring my vcr into my bed room, it would of been too much work after finishing leg & glutes. Please give name.......or is it just my imagination, running away with me, just my imagination running away with me :+ :+ :+ yall, don't know nothing about that:+

Moving right along, this morning I ended up doing cardio kicks, even tho it wasn’t my intention to do. Last night, I preview bout 15 minutes of sj&p hm....not sure how I feel about this workout, reminds me of the old skool workouts, at the gym, don’t think I’ll ever do, but who knows;-)

Moving right along, tonight I’ll be doing mis upper & abs, be back later okie dokie

Teddygirl~

Good morning,

It was Jari Love's Slim & Lean today and boy, am I burning right now. My shoulders are TOASTY! This is the first time I've done this workout but I enjoyed it. I also have a steep hill climb ride tonite. I'll be leaving tomorrow for my nephew's wedding so won't be able to post in the morning, but will try to post tonite again.

Traci, way to go on getting the biceps to burn! I'm always so pressed for my 60 minute workout that I don't get real creative, okay, I'm just lazy about it. S&L was a burner for me today, WOW!

Tracy, what are decline flies? Head lower than hips? I know what you mean about not wanting to fatigue one body part so you can save it for another workout. That's how I was about the legwork in S&L this morning, I was thinking about the tough hill climb after work. I'll just do my best.

Sandra, enjoy your shopping and ME. Haven't done that one in ages either. Gosh, I haven't done a leg press in like forever either. Yoga before bed? Usually it's computer before bed. How sad, huh? Maybe I'll have to tell myself no getting on the computer until sundown. Sounds like a vampire situation. We also have a couple Netflix that haven't been watched and have been sitting here for almost a week. I need to look into more blast premixes like Imax2's. I like those short, intense cardio sessions.

Teddygirl, I sure can't think of another Cathe kickbox, except for the kickboxing on CTX. I love SJP! It's a fun one for me. Thinking my next rotation will be a circuit one and then I can get that one in. Have you been walking lately? Are you still losing weight? I think about you walking when I take my lunch hour at work. Love that time to think, listen to music and get away from the phone at my desk!!!

Laurie, how was the volleyball and movie?

Wendy, how are you feeling this morning? Are you so sick that you wouldn't be able to taste the sugar (by mistake) in your DD coffee? I'm hoping that the town I'm going to for the wedding has a DD coffee place so I can taste this ambrosia you speak of.

Hi to everyone,

Jeanette

Jeanette: thank you, maybe it was sjp that I was going to try, hm… told ya I'm brain dead Ouchie...No, I haven’t been walking since last week, I’m done with walking. I don’t know how to just walk, I walk for 2 hours, I literally walked my a&& off. I’m working on building my butt back. Glad you enjoyed Jari:) I’m hungry :9 early breakfast, be back……

add-on
Jeanette: No, not losing any more weight, thank goodness. I’m working on a thicker, toner body. I really do feel much better since I up my carbs and protein, I won’t have one without the other and it seem to be working just fine. I’m taking my weight back to up to 135 almost there, I’m comfortable at that weight, and I look sooooo much better to.

Good Morning, ladies!!!

Well, the boys are flying this morning (Blue Angels) and sending the cats into tizzy fits! They (the boys) fly low and loud out of nowhere and is scares the cats! It's funny to watch because the cats run for under the bed, but then come right out again!

Anyway, I slept until noon yesterday....right through the men coming to service the A/C! We also lost power during the night for about 6 hrs. Yesterday's appt went okay for DH, except he now has diabetes to add to his reportoir of 'issues'!!!

Last night I did a lower leg workout, freestyle. I am enjoying those because I get to turn on the radio and go! I did #60 squats, deadlifts and step-ups (leg press), #35 overhead squats (hold the BB above head and squat). I needed to go light with that because I always feel like I'm going to lose my balance with those. I also did DB walking lunges with 2 #20's, single leg deadlifts with the #20's and just body weight single leg squats. Those are another one that the balance gets me!

Today is some HIIT on the elliptical then off to a facial! Oh, and I have to pick up DH's new diabetic medication at the pharmacy.

Jeanette- Thanks for asking about the eating plan. I'm not losing a whole lot of weight, only about 2 lbs so far, but I am losing inches....about 4 total so far! I'm still trying to get over the whole 'focus on the scale' mentality, and it's hard. I know that I've actually put on quite a bit of muscle mass in the last few weeks and that's going to off-set the scale.

Everyone else, I hope that you have a great day....Traci, when are you going to go back for another facial??? I think that my face would revolt if I didn't go once a month for it's deep cleaning!

I'm taking a break from inputting data. It's rather boring.

Sandra & Jeanette - I did decline flies with hips higher than head. I'm not really sure if that is right, but it did target the chest differently.

Jeanette - I find step ups to be really helpful to riding and hiking. I try to increase them during the summer months when we are out doing strenuous climbs. I don't fatigue nearly as quickly.

Sandra - I think that it is hard to get past the fat burning of cardio vs. yoga, but I really do think that if you can stabilize with the muscles during yoga you can burn a reasonable amount of calories. One dvd boasted 700+, but I find that hard to believe. If I had to choose floor work or yoga, it would be yoga. That's why I've always hated floorwork. It doesn't seem to burn many calories.

Teddygirl- L&G extreme is the one where I just am thinking is this ever going to end?

Amy - I don't do the scale, which I've commented on multiple occasions. If you've ever been obsessed with weight, then it is very difficult to use a scale and put on muscle.

Later,

Tracy

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph3/Wk11/Day5/Rnd2
Workout: Legs & Back / ARX / 4.5 Mile Run

We went to see Pirates yesterday, and that was lot's of fun. Now my oldest DD can talk to us about it. She had seen it before, and would have to talk out of our hearing. :) We also won at volleyball. So far there has only been one team that hasn't been in their 20's. These kids better stop drinking during the games. Their games get horrible as we go along. :) Good for us I guess.

Called to wish my Dad a Happy B'day, and found out my Mom has to go in for knee replacement surgery. She doesn't have it scheduled yet. She has been having problems with her knees for years, but this year she has been having problems walking on the one leg.

Teddygirl, I think I did L&G Extreme once. I know that my legs had a great workout, but it was really long. :)

Nicole, Welcome back from your trip. I will check out the pictures in a little while.

Jeanette, Ok so the Jari S&L is a good one? I have the workout, but haven't tried it yet. Hmmm maybe this is one that I can try out after the X. Have a great time at your nephews wedding. We where invited to a wedding this weekend. But in December we purchased our annual Nascar tickets for the Busch and Truck races here this weekend. In December we didn't know that the wedding was the same weekend. Now the couple just can't understand why we won't be at their wedding. x( It's not like they are our best friends either. I guess I would rather see cars turning left than a bride crying her eyes out. Which is something I know she will be doing. :D

Traci, Bicep DOMS, Yipee. Now I have to go back to yesterdays thread to see what workout you did. :) I don't have any of Amy Bento's workouts. But I have heard that APX is a good one. It has premixes that are really good, from what I hear.

Wendy, Hope you are feeling better today.

Sandra, You talking about the bread making did bring up fond delicious memmories. My Mom can make the best bread, but then I eat way too much of it when it's warm or toasted with lot's of butter. My oldest sister is a great bread maker also. I LOVE her WW bread the best. :9 I don't have the patience for the whole process. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Laurie: I agree the workout isn’t hard, just long. Boy, do my legs have a nice burn in them, the longer I sit at my desk, the stiffer the getx( I have legs scheduled for tomorrow, who knows, I just may do it again, or try L&G Mania. I shall see:9 ;-)

Tracy: This was my second time doing xtreme and of course there'll be a third. I loved it, finished it just under two hours. Ask your sister to make TG a few loafs of bread:) I wish I had a bread maker in my family, I lovvve bread:9 :9

Hey There Gals!
Got LIS step done at 630am and mid way just crashed physically… HR thru the roof- body cramping- cold sweats- etc…. Finished the w/o tho– felt nauseated and decided to try and take a nap- Woke up 2 hours later with just awful headache… Very weird. So I will tack back onto tomorrow and play Pilates/Yoga by ear today. I hope my bodys just tired.

TeddyGirl: So glad the new food plan is all you wanted! Feels good to be properly nourished doesn’t it? I do believe JeanetteX is right on about Kick… CTX is the only thing you’re missing. LOL on LG Extreme! I really LOVE those killer premixes… for some reason Leg Press Mania is my FAV!

LAURIEX~ Gosh I’m sorry about your moms knee! I hear either FABULOUS things or Horror stories…. Most people don’t seem to be in between! I’m sure your mom has a great dr so she should be better off after rehab. TWO MORE DAYS til graduation!!! WooHoo!!!!!!!!

TRACYX~ At least with data importing you can sneak on line! I am doing decline work too for the first time the past few weeks... I really like the different muscles it tends to hit. On the Yoga/Stretching… Today was going to be an Ellen Barrett yoga/Pilates blend so it’s not really like doing a yoga session. I know for a fact I don’t go deep enough into yoga poses yet because I had hurt myself several times by doing so a few months back so I guess I need/like traditional long stretch sessions. Sent you an email (not the work one)….

Amy~ Gosh – big hugs about Dave! I am trying my best to send you healing vibes and “LIFE- CALM DOWN” vibes too! Very cute about the cats….. Who needs TV with animals right? You must have been sleeping so good! I need to take whatever you take! I wake up at the drop of a hat- or whimper of a dog! Those are some impressive weights you’re lifting with Freestyle! MY GAWD!!! I had to read & re-read! Havent spent $ on another facial as much as I need it! I have such issues with splurging on that- its 75.00 here (cheapest)

JeanetteX~ YEAH on SL results so far! Its been AGES since I did any of Jari’s stuff! Now ya know I’ll have to drag that one out as I love shoulder work!

Sandra X~
Hope your legs survived ME! I know you did great as you are mentally tougher than I! LOL- You are probably right on me & MIC- Frantic & Hard are not my 2 favorite qualities in a workout! Sent you email on certification site.

Cheryl, Wendy, Nicole------ Happy day to you guys !!!

Off to eat a little something then head back to bed for a bit.

Traci - I hope you are feeling better. Maybe you caught Wendy's or Jeanette's hairdresser's colds LOL. Be sure it's not overtraining, maybe low blood sugar. That makes me hit a wall.

Yes, there is a fine line in yoga between stretching and tearing tissue. I think they call it your intelligent edge. It's easier to say than do. I usually back off when in doubt. My flexibility has increased so much though. I can really twist my torso and reach around and clasp behind in many positions. It's really helped my core.

Feel better soon....

Tracy

Hi, everyone!

Traci, bummer on the crashing - I hope you're not coming down with something. Maybe time for a rest day?

Teddygirl, okay, we'll remind you never to do that lower body workout again! Cardio kicks sounds fun, though. Hope you enjoyed it.

Amy, if you slept through the AC guys, did they still get the repair done? Did DH talk to them? I hope you got it resolved. Sorry to hear about the cats getting their socks scared off of them. Not good.

Jeanette, nice workout! With the "que-tip with hair" as some of the YaYa's call her }(

Sandra, enjoy that Muscle Endurance.

Laurie, hope you're having a good day -
Tracy, you too -

Today I slept in till 7:30 and then did GS Chest and Tri's for 40 minutes, everything but the final sets of kickbacks (ran out of time).
It was just enough. I'm happy.

Have a good afternoon, everyone!
Cheryl

This morning I slept in and

TraciX: Doctor Fitness, asked me, please tell the lovely Traci, I said for her to get some rest today, possibly take a few meds and get a good night sleep. I told the doctor I’d tell you. Now, what are you going to do? I hope you are feeling better, how about this rent a movie or just watch a movie and chill, pop some popcorn don’t forget the butter and relax the rest of the day. I’ll check back tomorrow, hope you are feeling better night....night.....

Nancy: you said “This morning I slept in and” OMG :7 OMG…:7 LOL. Nice workout,

WendyX: Doctor Fitness said………… :+ :p I hope you are feeling better too:)

I’m leaving early today, wonderful evening all.

Teddygirl~

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Workout with the birdies didn't happen. I didn't sleep very well last night. So, when the alarm clock rang at 5AM, I rolled over and told Phil to give me a wake up call at 9:30. :p :7 Woke up, brushed my teeth, rushed out the door, got my coffee, stopped at the bank, got lost on the turnpike, called dh many names on his voice mail, almost broke down into tears thinking I'd have to miss my hair appointment, freaked out on Phil when he called back, calmed down, found the place, bought the table, came home, did Popeye (the w/o not Robin Williams EWWWW), rushed to the salon with sweaty hair, loved the color and style, came home to Baby wearing eldest ds' ribbed muscle shirt, and am now chatting with y'all!!!!:) :) :) I still need to pack, round up the children (taking 5 of em + ds' gf), put the dog into the car (using NEW RULES), and drive three hours away to the State College area.

Oh, I forgot. I have to meet ds' gf's mother. joy. Yes, you detect sarcasm. She's already met Phil. Shouldn't that be enough? I'm too tired to play domesticated, suburban mother!!!!! Waaa-Waaa-Waaa-Waaa-Waaa. Somebody get me a bottle!!! }( :7 :p :7 :+

Okay, enough about me. Oh! I'm still sick as a dog with tuberculosis!x( But, I still pushed play!!!!!!:D :D :D I'd shout that last part, but I used up all my energy shouting this morning. ;-)

Now, I'm sick of me. Personal Time!!!:D :D :D

:D :D :D Tracy-X: Oh, I luv, luv, luv mini massages!!!:* Thanks!:) But, did I detect an evil laugh (maaawaahhh) with my smothering hugs? :7 Oh! I see! That was a smoooch! LOLOLOL I'm such an hairhead on medication!:7 :7 :7 :7 Pre-exhaust the biceps? Can you really do that? Does it really help? Your version of pre-exhaust would exhaust my little guns!!!!!!! I used to enjoy getting DOMS. But, Tony has me feeling DOMS all the time these days. I can't remember what life feels like without DOMS somewhere. I can't remember what life feels like when I'm not sick either! LOL

:D :D :D Nicole: My dear, you were correct! I'm leaving you. Now, now, it'll be alright. I'll be back before you're finished posting your vacation pictures on picturetrail. :) However, I'm not going on vacation. I'm only going to my friend's house about three hours away. There's a community yard sale I try to hit every year. Some years are better than others. One year, I found a child's rolltop desk with original chair, circa 1930's, hidden underneath a TON of stuffed animals. It was hideously painted. Nothing that an Amish with a dip tank couldn't remove. I paid $20.00 for it. It's the exact same desk that American Girl sells with the blonde haired doll. (The one in the historical period right after Samantha). I think? Anyhow, I shall return with a smile on Saturday in time to drag Phil to see Celtic Women outdoors with or without alcohol. :)

:D :D :D Jeanette-X: Yes, thanks for reminding me that I have airborne sitting in my nightstand! I wonder if it will help now that I've already been bitten by some nasty bug. Don't worry, you're safe from me. I'm coughing in Sandra's direction when she's not looking.}( My steam bath was wonderfully relaxing. See, I know how to relax at times. ;-) Did you try taking one to help your legs? Good luck with your hill climb tonight. Let the breeze blow your lovely, gawguss locks around for all to admire! :D S&L burns me too. Although, I think Jari goes a little too fast with her 1 count lunges. I always makes those a 2 count. You know, that exact thought crossed my mind!!!! So, I personally went inside and had the owner make it for me as I watched! LOL I hope you find a DDcoffee near the wedding. Have a large, extra cream, NO sugar for me. There's no DDcoffee nearby my friend's house. I'll bring up a few to store in the fridge though. Yes, My name is Wendy and I'm a Dunkin Doughnuts coffee addit. :7

:D :D :D Tracy-X: I vote circuit! I have a question. Don't answer till I return. You can dwell on my weaknesses till then. ;-) Today while doing B&B, my left bicep seemed to be getting help from the tricep. Is my left bicep not strong? Or is my right tricep and bicep muscles strong enough that I don't notice the right tricep helping it's partner along? Or does my form suck? PY4H didn't come today. :( Hopefully, it'll be here next week before I have to do YogaX!!!

:D :D :D Sarg. Sandra-X: I'm counting on you to have already finished ME. The cold is a wee bit better. It doesn't hurt to take a deep breath. It's only aggravating and a bit painful when I feel the phlem tickling my throat. Then I have force coughing fits to loosen it out. NASTY! I might like APX. It might actually exhuast me. :7

:D :D :D Teddygirl- How's the killer lower body rotation working for ya? Oh! I see. Legs and Glutes Extreme was a little too extreme for you! Well, nice to see you taking a lower body break tonight with MIS.

:D :D :D AMY: Enjoy the facial!! I like to see one of us getting pampered. I especially like it when I'm the one being pampered! Ha-Ha Nice lower body workout last night! That looks like one DOMS producing workout!!! Sorry to hear about your dh's recent dx. HUGS!

:D :D :DLaurie-X: That's really sad to see the state of our country's future! 20 year olds without any stamina or endurance!!!! Wait! I vaguely remember my 20's. Endurance and stamina only counted for how late one could bar hop. }( Nah! Really, I was a good girl! :) Glad you kicked butt and enjoyed your date night.

OH! NO she didn't! Traci got her cold the old fashioned way.... from one of her babies or Wendell; not from smothering me with goodbye hugs and kisses!!! :p Hope you feel better soon Traci!!!!

:D :D :D Cheryl: LOLOLOLOL 7:30 is EARLY. Well at least normal awake time! It's funny how my clock is different from the rest of the worlds. When I'm out and about driving at 7:30 (happens on occassions, I'm always in awe with the amount of people up and about at that hour!!!!!!! It's only then that I feel a bit abnormal around so many normal people! Nice to see 40 minutes of working out and extra sleep time made you feel good and happy!!! :)

Well, Ladies, I'm off to take a quick nap before I go on a packing frenzy. I have a couple of hours before my departure.

Ballistic HUGS to ALL!!!
Wendy:*

Classic/ Phase 3/ Week 9/ Round 1/ Day 3

S&A

My workout felt good today. My whole body is sore and it feels like it is falling apart. My back is hurting again so I'm guessing it has to do with the pull-ups. It had stopped bugging me on vacation which was nice. It makes me very tired and worn out when it hurts so bad. My DS woke up throwing up so I was glad I had finished my workout. I have been really busy with him sick and I had to do nails for two of my clients. Thank goodness they come to me and are friends that understand about sick children. I hope he feels better tomorrow so I can do my personals properly. Thanks for all of the welcome homes:) Talk to you all tomorrow.

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Hi ladies,
Last check in until probably Tuesday night or Wedn. morning. Looking forward to traveling with my Grandma. She'll be 93 tomorrow. It's about a 10 hour drive down there, but we'll take breaks and drink lots of water.

Got my steep hill climb (with a headwind to boot) in tonite. Tough, tough, but a good one. The competition will be a week from tomorrow and I probably won't get to ride at all between now and then. Oftentimes the rest from riding does me good and I perform better than I would think after not riding for a week.

Teddygirl, I wish I could walk my butt off. I'm a pear and that's where the weight likes to stay. Got a nice walk in today at work, probably about 25 minutes of walking. Felt good, and helped me to get rid of some of the lactic from last Saturday's ride. Took a little while on tonite's bike ride to get rid of the rest of the sore feeling, but it left. Thanks for passing on the dr's wishes for Traci. Buttered popcorn sounds yummy too. Almost makes me wish I was sick, NAWW!

Amy, so sorry about your DH's diagnosis. Is it something he can control with diet and exercise? Losing inches is more exciting than weight loss on the scale. FINALLY, I have gotten away from the daily weighing that I've done for all of my life since high school. I weighed myself this morning for the first time in 2 weeks and I was pleased. I think that when I weigh myself daily, I end up sabotaging my weight loss by eating more when I've lost a pound of 2. You make me want to schedule a facial. I used to get massages, but gave them up for highlights in my hair. Now I want the highlights and the massage, but maybe will do a facial instead.

Tracy, you are probably right about the step ups being good for riding. I'll have to try the decline flies on the step next time I do those. Like I told Amy, I've finally gotten away from the scale, I'm going by how my clothes fit and how I look in the mirror. I'm feeling so liberated!!

Laurie, I'm wanting to see Pirates also. I see Harry Potter will be out on July 11th. DH and I like those movies. Way to go on winning the volleyball game! What a great feeling. I always loved the teamwork in volleyball. Today was the first time for me doing S&L. I liked the workout and felt pretty toasty afterwards. Wonder if I'll be sore tomorrow. Doing the Slim Series and Jari Love workouts really made my muscles look leaner and less puffy than while doing P90X so maybe it would work for you too. I just went back to this Jari Love rotation from doing a S&H and already feeling the leanness coming back into the muscle. Of course it could be that I'm done with TTOM too. I too love the homemade bread with butter. Best for me not to even have it in the house.

Traci, dang girl, what happened during your workout? Hope you are resting and feeling better. Glad you could take a nap. Is the headache gone? That seems so weird and sounds like it came on suddenly. Anything you ate that was bad?

Cheryl, LOL re: the Q-tip with hair. That is so right. I like her okay, though she's not as natural sounding to me as Cathe. Glad you enjoyed GS Chest & Tri's. That's a good one for sure.

Wendy, you are like a whirlwind!!! You make me tired just reading all of the chores you have to do every day. Hope your trip is a wonderful one. How was meeting DS's GF's mother? Bet you were very nice and she'll be so impressed with you. You must be a great mom because your kids really seem to dote on you, massages, all that stuff. I think you should still do the Airborne or Zicam or something like that. They say it helps shorten the cold. You are exactly right about Jari going too fast on the lunges. I couldn't keep up with those. I'm going to do a search on DD and the town I'm going to. Have GOT to have one of those heavenly coffees, then I'll know what you are raving about. I need to start packing as soon as I'm off this computer. DH will probably be in bed while I'm packing and ironing. He's such a good sport about the light being on. Me, I get really cranky if the light is on while I'm trying to sleep. He's definitely my better half.

Nicole, sorry about your back and your ds's bug. Hope tomorrow is a much better day for you. We're all glad you are back.

Got to go, see you on here next Tuesday or Wedn.

Jeanette:7 :7 :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.