Xer's ~THICK (ick) THursday~

teddy16410

Cathlete
~~:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 ~~

[font face="arial"]~~~Happy Thick Thursday! –appropriate for all the ttom ladies in Xer Land! ~~~[/font/ arial]

This n That
No workout yesterday… went to meet with 2 new prospects and then just plain didn’t feel like it… All will be fine as I can sweat my booty off all weekend with new series while DH & boys are at bay. I also am getting ready to face Aunt Flow so I’m SURE that is contributing to overall BLAHS! FYI: New pics posted from my trip on trail- sorry Wendy- no time to do captions! Heres the lowdown- pregnant girl- my niece Apryl (and a couple of her husband Dan)- gal with long dark hair in ponytail – my sister Kelly – old guy- DAD! (birthday boy) Old Woman in bed with Wendell- mother (of course)…. LOL Tomorrow is DVD arrival day! ZIPPITY~~ [/i}

Wendell snored and kept me awake since 11:45 last night! Makin' me CRAZY having no sleep in 10 days... Will be awesome having just me in the big bed tonight! [/i}

Back with personals
:eek: :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

~~~~~~~~ P~E~R~S~O~N~A~L~S ~~~~~~~
::::::::::******:::::::**********:::::::::****::::****::::::***

Nicole X!!! {{{{{{huggers- ever so gently}}}}} I know its hard for you to be slowed down- I believe (so take it for what its worth) that things that force us to stop doing something are a gift – if we look at the situation with an open mind we often find that something was in need of revising in our life. I have learned that my shoulder injury was not so much about working out but about my wanting to “have the best” all the time… not so much material things but the “best” body, the “perfect” lawns, the “cleanest” kitchen I had forgotten how much I enjoyed doing fairly non-active things – until I was forced to stop “doing” all the time. Its been an enlightening experience. I have also learned to appreciate all my body is capable of doing after years of abuse in my teens & 20’s.. I had taken that for granted. I am much more in AWE now of how a muscle looks or how deeply I can squat- There is GOOD in your situation somewhere. ~ As far as your weight gain fear… I cant recall how overweight you were but I believe it was quite a bit- REALLY girl- ask yourself if you can regain all that weight in a few weeks if you eat the same as you do now… Sometimes we need a thump on the head to think rationally- *THUMP* (with love)… If the absolute WORST thing that happens IS that you gain weight think of it like Millionaires think of money… The first Million to make is extremely challenging but after that it is easily made again if it is lost… WHY? Because once you know the proper strategy to success you forever go back to it and you don’t have to waste time on “learning” the HOW…. That’s my pep talk…. XXOOXXOOOXOXOXO ~ PS: A lot of people who never received shipping notices are receiving the DVDs- UPS just got on overload I think. Maybe we’ll be able to preview together this weekend!

Cheryl!!! GREAT to see you! No travels til 12th? WOW I bet Vic is a happy camper! Hey- Do you 2 ski at all? I just imagine EVERYONE in Utah walking around with ski’s in hand ready to hit slopes! LOL

Tracy X!!! ROF – so whats the story behind “doodles”? That’s just so CUTE! Its hot & humid STILL for us… Next Tuesday we drop to the low 80’s BUT humidity will let up a bit- I guess that will be our 1 week of fall this year. ~ I shall indeed do the hip opening(s) of Shiva today… Feeling quite tight and I don’t want to risk another injury when doing Cathes new stuff…Looks INTENSE to me! ~ Between the 2 of us we’ll get Nic to slow down! I always wanted to be a tyrant! LOL

Sandra X!!! C’mon girl – no one FEELS like doing CF do they? Sick Sick Sick! LOL

Amy!!! PEANUT!!!!!!! Is that REALLY cuz you love PB so much????? ` BUSTED!
Looks like we will be the Friday Happy Gals! Maybe the new stuff will kick my TTOM Body into shape! Can ya call in sick so we can coordinate w/o times and then call each other???? Wouldn’t THAT be fun!

Jeanette X!!! LOL on your daily wood confessions! Does DH ever say anything like “Its gonna be a COLD winter around here?” - Personally woman I’d HIRE someone to do the rest of wood while I went to golf course! – What are your lans when new series arrives? Will you dive right in??? I just LOVE all the premixes… will take me 6 weeks to get thru just those!

TeddyGirl!!! Good luck with SH for 3 weeks! I just never picture you as having much patience for that series- ESPECIALLY the dreaded concentration curls which I do believe take a whole hour all by themselves! LOL

Wendy X!!! ROF – You didn’t need to take your lunch hour to re-describe your crazy conversation! OMG you had me laughing! STOP ALL MEDS you are going bonkers! ~ Why are some pics grainy? Well – probably because I use drugstore cameras …. Take a deep breath about sis- try try try to visualize a happy vacation!

Debra X!!! Seems to me you can take calf pics without help! GET CLICK’IN! Did I miss something…. You snuck in a little “I’ve dated a few times”… whats this about??? Do tell! How did you meet guys so quickly? Were you on the street in calf flex pose?????????? DETAILS GIRLFRIEND! ~ LOVE the word Doodle! I’d crack up every time I called the dog! ~ You make me so want to take a good yoga class for beginners! YOU GO GIRL! ~ YOWZA on PT work ahead!!!! You can do it for sure – will you financially be ale to just go to school or will you have to work as well?

Laurie XX!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH! That recipe looks like something I can get DH to eat…. YUM! ~ On new w/o’s – I think you’re right – more X like! WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!! I am planning a 6 week rotation of new then a recovery week then P90X2…. HOPEFULLY at some point during X Tony will sell me his new stuff so I can keep as true as possible to it.

Lea X!!! Those boys are keeping you hopping lately! Big HUGGERS to all!!!

Carol!!! Thanks for all the run-downs on the new series- that took a lot of time! … I have to admit I stay away from them because I like the “surprise” element…. I think its funny how everyone wants to know all the details even tho most will have by Tuesday of next week…. Just a personality diff I suppose… I LOVE surprises!!! LOL My first w/o will be Friday PM Kickboxing & Legs/Core…. So EXCITED!

Swifty X!!! LOL on Good & Stretchy! ~ Hope your day off was somewhat restful for you- although I DOUBT THAT! ~ Fabulous news that DD can start feeling better so darn quickly! Must be MUCH better drugs than way back when eh?

All caught up and ready for some nourishment! Hugs to all- I’ll try and BBL but I have a client tonight…. We shall see. XXOOXOXOXO

Hi all,

Ysterday I did GS legs standing only and then SS upper body only. I followed all of the exercises, but went heavier for GS and did do all of the pulses and weird counts. It felt good, then I did SS and went heavy just doing straight reps. I finished up with a few flows from Fluid Power. I think that when I was doing ARX I tightened my hip flexors up quite a bit, which could also have contributed to my back injury because it pulls the pelvis in the wrong way. For that reason, I'm still not doing any ab work, but using yoga for that. My core is the best it has ever been and I am thrilled because I hate ab work as much as leg floor work.

This is the last week that I have to take two days off. It really is doable, it just made getting in a bike ride difficult on the weekend.

To everyone who commented on taking a half day off, it was well worth it. I didn't have to rush to the store after work and then rush to get everything else done. I rarely take time off, but I felt much better when I went back to work yesterday.

Traci - You are right about taking days off. It is almost like a revelation. I commented on OD about a rest week just yesterday. I even took almost 3 weeks off two summers ago. For me it was much more mental than physical. I can't remember how I got the nickname Doodle, but the I havn't been called Mom since I can remember.

Carol - Thanks for the rundown on the new dvds. Mine are supposed to arrive today.

Jeanette - My DH deals with wood on a daily basis in his business. When we first got married and were really poor, he used to split the wood by hand and then I'd stack it in the truck, all with DS on my back in a back pack. There is not much money in selling wood around here, but it did buy food. Those were not the days! I hope you get some snow to even attempt skiing on. We're in the 80s again for the next week, it should be the 60s.

TG - I'm glad things are going well, but we miss your presence.

Swifty - Glad you enjoyed the yoga. If you want some more suggestions let me know. Both Fluid Power and Shahkti are so versitile. I just don't know how I survived before I started doing yoga. If I had been stretching my entire workout career like I do now, I probably would have had a lot fewer injuries.

Laurie - I'm going to try the carrot souffle. I always buy carrots and rarely cook them. I know they are good for you, they are just not my favorite. You will enjoy your half day off, I promise.

Sandra - I like to be able to choose too. I haven't done CF in a while. I remember it being quite long and intense.

Nicole - Again, please take care of the back. Can you get out and walk? What about light upper body? I am so happy the class is over. That one night made a huge difference in my free time, which I cherish.

Debra - Glad the PT schooling is getting under way. I'm sure you will get in. Yoga class sounds fun. I'm doing better with my alignment since I got a mirrow. That was kind of an eye opener at first. I was a little out of alignment, probably just getting into the places that were already loose instead of working on the tight areas, as Eion says.

Wendy - I'm hoping you are feeling better. That can be hard to get over and get your stregth back. Are you eating healthy?

Off to work.

Tracy

Waving as I dash off to take the diva to school...then off to take my DL test. Yipee. Then to a massage later this morning. Wendy...I still haven't forgotten that I owe you a post. Traci...I'll give you details later. Also have to say, that I know I preordered the new dvds...but I am now afraid that I ordered them while I was still in Illinois...Does anyone remember when the initial preorder started? I still have no email or anything and I am starting to get bummed.

Wishing all of you a de-thickening day!
Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]
Plant beneficial seeds, do your best and let go---Eion Finn

Good Morning Xers!

Thursday is usually my rest day, but I took Monday off in anticipation of the new workouts, so I'll be tackling Bootcamp and tris/bis later this afternoon (still have the busy-ness to contend with, and I was NOT getting up even earlier to work out, lol). I'll be sure to give you all the scoop later ;-)

Traci-X -- I'm VERY familiar with the blahs. I hope they clear up for you soon! I hope your 2 new prospects pan out, too :) It is funny about different personalities. I'm not a huge surprise person myself, lol.

Debra -- Good luck with your test :D I hope your pic turns out well, lol.

BBL for more, I have to run!

Carol

Debra: Just email Customer Service with old address & new and they can look up where you said to send. If I recall last pre-order same thing was posted in OD and outcome was that SNM just kindly sent another set to new address.

Good Morning :7

Rotation: Slow & Heavy/week II
am: 35 min jog and PLB stability ball and floor exercises/ completed
pm: Slow & Heavy bi’s & tri’s & abs

Tracie: I love your pictures you are so pretty, you look so happy. I assume that’s your mother and your sister’s lovely family. Maybe next time they’ll come too Texas, huh! I’m given you permission to rest you deserve it:)

Tracey: I tell you, I am really enjoying the S&H series;) I’ll be here for a minute, very possible eight weeks.

Debra: Good Luck taking DL test:9 I remember when I took mines I felled twice, duh! that was 50 years ago:+

Last night, I finished strong with S&H chest and back piece of cake, just kidding. I went heavy too. I loved doing all the plank work, really helped my lower back after all that lifting, Nice!

Good Morning!

Woke up to wonderful rain!!!

Traci- Love your new avatar...you are so beautiful and look awesome! Yes, I love PB, but the little one is also the color of PB and has that color around his mouth, so it looks like he got into PB and smeared it....plus, at 2.8 lbs, he's just a little peanut! No pictures yet, but they are coming....I promise!!! He's have the time of his life tear-assing around the house and exploring! The other kitties are getting used to him, but are trying to put him in his place.

Debra- good luck on the DL test!!!

Woke up a bit on the creaky, sore side after lifting yesterday, so I will probably do some HIIT today.

Other agenda....laundry and roast a turkey breast that I got last week and stashed in the fridge.

I haven't taken any measurements, but the weight is the same as last week (pre-TTOM) but the stomach and hips are smaller (well, at least I have more room in the pants....);-) :p

Three Day Spilt

Monday:
Legs (lite day)/cardio/abs

Tuesday:
S&H chest & back (heavy) /abs

Wednesday:
Shoulders & Arms (lite endurance)/cardio & abs

Thursday:
Legs (heavy) & abs

Friday:
chest & back (lite endurance)/cardio & abs

Saturday:
S&H shoulders & arms (heavy)/abs

Sunday:
Rest Day

I need to figure out which of Cathe’s workouts I can use for upper body endurance, them days I’ll be sculpturing. I also plan to do 30 minutes or so of cardio of choice. This is what I put together starting next week. Notice that I plan to work abs everyday short and sweet, also on my heavy days I do not plan to do any cardio.

Any suggestions.

Good morning,
CTX All Step for me today, then tacked on Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Step (4 combos). Golf class tonite too. Lovely, TTOM started this morning, right as I predicted. I am sooo regular most of the time.

Traci, I love your new avatar! You two make a great couple. Wendell sounds like a real sweetie. I think we are so fortunate to have the DH's that we have. Wood stacking has always been my job around here. Maybe the little fairies will have stacked it all by the time I get home from work today. I'm planning on starting right in with the new series next week, but of course, will keep the workouts to around an hour.

Tracy, so glad your time off yesterday was worthwhile. Actually around here, wood is going for about $150 a cord split for lodgepole, so not bad money. The woods were closed down for so long due to fire danger so it's in high demand now that it's open and winter is fast approaching. We still need to get a couple more loads I think. I let DH handle that part.

Debra, hope you ace that DL test this morning. Still sleeping well on that new mattress?

Teddygirl, your mind is always going with new rotations. You are a wiz for sure!

Amy, congrats on waist and hips being smaller! Yum, roasted turkey breast!

BBL,

Jeanette

Morning Xers,

Rotation: LGI8 Week5/Day6
Workout: Tracey Staehle's Sweatfest Cardio

Had a very wet walk with the dog this morning. But I can't break my walking streak now. :D I rubbed Cami down with a towel when we got back, and all of a sudden we had a fluffy dog. :7 :7 :7

Traci, Oh how I feel for you and the snoring man. My DH has kept me awake with his snoring also. Sounds like you will be getting a great nights sleep tonight. :) On the souffle, when I made that recipe, everyone commented on how good it was. The one thing I liked was that it wasn't too sweet. The recipe will not rise like a souffle, but it will be light and fluffy. I have a hard time getting my DH to eat veggies, and he just loved these carrots. Love your avitar

Tracy, I have decided to take 2 days off next week. My Mom called me last night and they are heading down to stay with us on Thursday of next week. So I will have a busy 4 day weekend, but maybe I will not be pulling my hair out. :D

Debra, Waving back at ya! Good luck with your DL test. Glad your previous classes where transfered.

Carol, I have read your other posts about the new DVD's. Keep us updated on how you like Bootcamp. I'm looking forward to doing the Kickboxing one. :)

TG, Your workouts are so great. Plank work is not one of my favorite things to do, but it is so good for the bod. :) Look at some of the premixes, they sometimes clock in at around 30 minutes.

Amy, Love the fact that your pants are getting that free fit feeling. :) Mine have been doing the same thing, and I love it. I have been going through TTOM right now and I took a peak this morning, and no weight gain for this girl. YIPEE! Just these little things make me happy. :D So I know how you are feeling.

Nicole, Take care of that back. {{{{Hugs}}}} because it sounds like you need one. Of course that is a very gentle one. :D

Wendy, My DVD's are scheduled to be in my hands today too. :) I can't wait to get home. Of course I probably will not have the time to watch them tonight. x( I think that DH's inhaler is working for him. No irritating cough from him at all last night. ;) So happy about that. It was making him crazy too.

Jeanette, Ok I will help you stack that wood, if you plan and execute this confirmation party that I need to get ready for. :D For some reason I'm just not in the party mood yet. So many things to get done, so little time. I saw that recipe for pumpkin muffins. I adore anything that has pumpkin in it. Need to make some pumpkin cookies this weekend. Have to make a goodie for church. :9 Love those cookies too.

Cheryl, Glad you are getting to stay home for a while. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

WoooooooooooHooooooooooooooo!!! just checked UPS again and says its OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!! Thats a full day early gals so check your UPS status!!!! NOW I can finally workout with some enthusiasm tomorrow!!!

I shall return with personals!

:eek: :eek: This n That :eek: :eek:
Thanks for all the sweet compliments on the new avatar… It’s the FIRST pic of just the 2 of us in TWO YEARS! I told Wendell that maybe we should have a child so someone can take our old age pics! ~~ [/i}

~~~~~~~~ P~E~R~S~O~N~A~L~S ~~~~~~~
::::::::::******:::::::**********:::::::::****::::****::::::***

Tracy X!!! Terrific full body mish mosh yesterday! I cracked up on the “weird count” thing! I can just imagine your little face! I totally agree that toning down the constant rush of life is a very good thing for Mind Body & Spirit! – I think your nickname is so endearing… the “kids” friends must get a chuckle out of that!

Amy!!! Now don’t go losing those panties while walking! Hope you have also gotten smaller support hose for work!!!! That would be hysterical! CREAKY is better than CRANKY so you just go oil thy self! ~ Tell JellyBean that my door is always open for a cute & cuddly critter if Peanut gets to be too much!

Jeanette X!!! Happy ttom & golf day! What a pleasure it must be!!! LOL ~ Hope you have a ton of fun tonight and YES those little wood chopping elves are sure to stop by one day soon! ~ You are so right about how blessed we all are to have the type of partners in life we have. I really do Thank The Big Guns every day…. Even when the snoring gets me!

TeddyGirl!!! Look at you go on that SH! I admire that so much… Actually at this stage of the month I admire any workout that gets posted! LOL – Oh those PLANKS in SH kill me! I don’t think I could hold a plank for a million bucks now… That was one of the exercises I was told not to do for 30 days because of shoulder. On the Upper endurance… Couldn’t you do any of them except SH and just do it X2? Or what about using some of your chaptered Circuits and doing those X2 or do 2 different tapes for each part… just ideas.

Debra X!!! May I call you Dashing Debra? Always on the go woman!! I think that’s the truth of your lean-ness lately…. If I were that busy with car stuff I’d move to a smaller city! I shall wait patiently for details my dear!

Laurie XX!!! Dedication lesson 101! My pups would ADORE you~ Wendell & I both raised that as long as you have a yard the dogs don’t need walking- we unfortunately follow that most of the time. DH is also like yours w/ carrots & veggies… that was what caught my eye in the first place- PLUS I have to start thinking of the BIG in-law annual Xmas Party I host every year… that sounds good for the kiddies- well better than all the cakes & cookies.

Caroll!!! Well I shall be joining you tomorrow with new w/o’s! HOORAY!!! Cant wait to hear what everyones favorite is. Are you doing them as produced this week or Weights first? What are your plans…Making a rotation with them until the November Cathe comes out??? That’s what I’m doing…If Cathe doesn’t use a lot of the premixes in NOV I will just do my own thing as 6 weeks of ANYTHING can bore me tears.

Great day to all in Xer Land!

Jeanette: I learn from the bests; you guys. This three day spilt, I can finally say me happy with. I’m trying to eliminate am & pm workouts, I think I got it. I know there will be times I will do a pm workouts, only if forced, as to say, I didn’t get up early enough to do my workout, but timing is everything. Notice I even put in a rest day, I can’t believe I’m still trying to stick something there on my rest day. Okay knowing me, I probably stick in a short cardio or something, but my goal is learn how to take a rest day, that’s going to be the hardest thing for me to do.

Laurie: Sweat Fest, enjoy! I have to say my core is getting stronger Planks our just plain awesome work for core and back. I use to shake when holding a position but it’s getting easier. Heck I’m even excited about my diet getting that in control too. Me and Ted got an understanding about what I do and how I do. When I finished my workout last night, he was bringing me a bowl of onion soup he made with bagel chips topped with cheese and I ain’t gonna lie it was so good:9 I even brought a cup for lunch today, minus the cheesex(

Traci- I will convey your offer to Jellibean, but currently he is comfortably ensconced in the bathroom sink. I also think that he would prefer to deal with Peanut than your brood, too!!! At least, he can win against Peanut!;-)

Well...I have 2 pieces of good news and one piece of bad news...I will give you the good first...I should be receiving my new Cathe's today...Yipee!!! I also passed my DL test! Another mark for the good side. Bad news...apparently I never changed my social security card to my married name and the state of NC refuses to issue me a DL until I have it changed. WTH? For the past 12 years I have been filing joint taxes, bought 5 homes, gotten DL's in 6 other states, gotten a passport (and went to Russia for goodness sakes!)...but the state of NC doesn't believe I am who I say I am! I am going to have to go to the SS office with a certified copy of my marriage license and get my card changed. Is this the craziest thing you have ever heard? I am obviously extremely irritated at this moment...but am starting to feel better knowing my new dvds will be here today. AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Okay...thanks for letting me vent....

Personals...

Teddygirl...Nice rotation! I would suggest using either Muscle Max for endurance...or possibly CTX since you can always lighten the weights with that one. I like working abs everyday...although I have gotten to lazy to do that...LOL! When I first started working out, I did 15-30 minutes of abs everyday...and I had some great results...I also had a long way to go at the time! Does your cardio of choice include Ted??

Traci...How did the meetings with the clients go? Are they hiring you? I hate a snoring man in the bed with me...I guess I have been spoiled with out having to sleep with anyone for so long! Hopefully you will get some rest this weekend while all the boys are at the bay. I have misplaced my little digital camera (I know it is in this house somewhere!) and DD can't hold the big one...so no calf pics yet...Maybe I should just send some pics of some actual baby cows...lol! I should be able to go to school and not work...at least that is what I will be asking for in the separation agreement. I have met a couple of guys while out with friends...Nothing serious going on, though. You know, XDH and I split in January for a couple of months and even though XDH came back to me then, he was never really back, if you know what I mean. He was always emotionally distant and although I was trying to work our problems out, he just never tried...Soooo, with that being said...I feel like I have been separated since January...we never really had a real relationship after that anyway. I have also been so lonely for adult companionship for so long...XDH has been in Russia for over a year now. So...yes...a few dates...with a few "cute boys" as I call them to my friends. It's actually been really nice to feel attractive again...It's been a long time since XDH made me feel that way. I am sure this waaaaay more info than you were looking for...LOL! Hope all goes well with your client this evening! Thanks for sharing you pics with us...You and Wendell look so cute together!! Your arms are looking fabulous too!

Tracy...So glad you got the mental rest you needed with your half day off. For a woman that sleeps on the floor, it cracks me up that you don't like leg floorwork or ab floorwork! It is great you are seeing so much progress with your core...I do think that yoga...probably especially Shiva...is great for overall core...especially when you do it properly. You're right about the alignment...I have mirrors too, but I can't see myself in all poses. My yoga instructor actually shows you the wrong way and then shifts his body to make it right. It has really been enlightening.

Amy...I just love kittens...They are so much fun! My dog would love to have a kitten too...my older cat won't play with her even though she tries really hard! Great job on keeping your weight steady....especially with ttom.

Carol...Good luck with BC this afternoon...I always have such a huge dread factor with that one that I rarely pull it out.

Jeanette...If you see those darn fairies please send them my way after they get done with your wood. Have fun with golf tonight. I am sure your swing will only get better from here on out! Maybe the priest could do some extra praying for your swing. I am so glad you have a massage coming up. I know having regular massages have kept me off the IL for a while.

Laurie...I remember when we first got our dog...I lost about 5 pounds just adding the walking in to my normal routine! I used to walk her even in snowstorms...Now, though I just end her out in the rain while I stand on the porch...LOL!

Cheryl...Glad you will have some time at home over the upcoming weeks. You have been traveling like a madwoman lately! Good job on your clean eating too.

Wendy....My dear, how are you feeling?? I hope you are healing up properly. Glad you are still chinning on the way to the bathroom...I guess you can't be all that sick then! LOL about your argument with the lady...you go girl! Stand up for the down trodden! It sounds like Tracy has dealt with that woman a few times...LOL! Okay...so here is my rant for the day...or is it my second? Or maybe 3rd? Anyway, so I know I told you that DD has a friend in the neighborhood who is homeschooled. Keep in mind these are very religious folk and their DD calls mine every weekend to go to church even though I have politely declined on all occasions. Wait, I digress...The other day the girls were out back (DD, her friend and her friend's sister) and they came in to tell me they found something and didn't know what it was...So I go back to look...Turns out it is a hornet's nest...so I tell the girls to stay away from it...blah, blah, blah...Anyway..We're talking about the bees and other critters etc. And the homeschooled girls said almost in unison, "We can count today as a school day!" So, I say, "What?" And they explain to me that any day they learn something they count it as a school day and since they just learned that was a hornet's nest, it counted. I have to say that I don't have a problem with homeschooling...in fact I applaud those parents who do it and have the patience for it...I am amazed at the things your girls are doing...art, music lessons, Latin, etc. I know that you are one of the mom's that actually schools their children at home. But these people are the reason that homeschooling has a bad reputation sometimes. I see those girls outside playing often during the day...My DD was helping her friend do her math work on the computer the other day (keep in mind DD is a year younger than her friend). I know that homeschooling takes less time then regular school (or can, I guess) since you are not dealing with the disruptions of a typical classroom and your kids are able to work at their level. It just really bothered me to hear those girls say that...and I probably wouldn't have thought anything about it except that they said it together...almost like it was something preached to them on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong...I am glad I was informative about the nest, but is it possible that the parents count all types of things they shouldn't as "schooling"? I hope I am not being offensive...I really just wanted to hear your thoughts on the matter. Let me know what you think.

Well...I have rambled on for way too long today. Still waiting on the UPS guy...I want to do one fo the new Cathe's today. I will be doing cardio of some sort and shoulders. Hope everyone has a great day...I am heading to my massage in just a bit. Kisses to all!

Debra

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001661.gif
[/url]
Plant beneficial seeds, do your best and let go---Eion Finn

Good morning Gang,

Today is Dreaded Day Three, and I'll frankly state that combined with a short night's sleep thanks to DH's snoring, I don't have the energy to read today. If I try, I may fall asleep. However, I'll state that I did do LIC this morning (very enjoyable). The rest of the day is CleanMax, as I attempt to make the house presentable for my parents. They arrive tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing them. They will probably keep me rather busy, though, so I won't be spending much time here. I'll pop in when I can.

Maybe I can take a break later and come back to read about what you're all up to.

Cheers,
Sandra

Do you ever get so excited about something that you start typing your message in the log in box? :7

Cathe is in the house!!!!!!:) :) :) :)

Debra-X: You ask me my opinion on a day we cancel art lessons, and quickly re-schedule more independent reading so I can preview Cathe!:7 DD was sick last night about a stuffy nose. I hope she gets better soon. She has her shots tomorrow. Getting back to your question. Yes, there exists a segment of homeschoolers that call themselves unschooled. This is the extreme of child led education. Well, I'll have to email you the rest of my thoughts since this is a public forum. And, I KNOW I'll offend someone! LOLOLOL

Tracy: I don't have much of an appetite. Last night I had a couple of spring rolls, a serving of sticky rice and spicy chicken salad. But, the rest of my intake wasn't good. I've been craving fruit and water.

Traci: OMW, I'm turning into my mother!!!!:eek: :7 ;) It's crazy of me to argue with a complete stranger on a matter not my business. She just pissed me off. See, that's why I don't watch other people's kids!!!!:p :7

Well, ladies, sorry for only answering questions and not commenting. Forgive me, I have a dvd to watch!:+

BBL tonight!

Ballistic Hugs!!!
Wendy

Tracie: Once your shoulder get better you’ll be brand new:) Great ideas:) great minds think alike, huh! as far as endurance workout X2 good possibility I’m going to check out Cathe's endurance rotation if there's one, am thinking premixes too. This may sound crazy but S&H isn’t enough need to tack on another workout or add-ons from each series, I know, I know whatcha thinking, me crazy, right :+ it's true:+ I shall see. Thank you.

No workout today. I am going to the doctor at 11:00 to get her opinion on all of this. I am sure she will tell me to take a break:( I might listen, might;)

Traci-X, Thanks for all of the encouraging words. I get so tired of this constant struggle. I told my DH I'm tired and I don't want to have to go so hard at this anymore. I wish my body and mind would agree and let me relax a bit. I have gained back 1/2 of my weight and am now in a loose 10. I had originally said that was all I wanted to be but as I lost weight I wanted to lose more and more and that's when my anorexia and bulimia started rearing it's ugly head. It's a fine line to cross between ok and not. By the by, love all the new Picture Trail pictures! I am so jealous of your DVD arrivals. Let m

Tracy, All of this take time off talk seems to be working on us all:) Glad you were able to relax and not rush. That's how I feel today. It's nice not to be rushed. I'll have to use yoga and rest days so I can try the new DVD's when they come:D

Debra, Congrats on passing your test and your DVD arrival:D Why don't you tell NC your name will be back to normal soon enough and can you just keep it. What a pain if you can't because you'll just have to switch it again in a year:p Let me know what you think of the new DVD's.

Jeanette, Have fun at golf tonight. CTX All Step is fun and so is CT. I have to pop one of hers in soon. That fall bike ride sounds wonderful! We don't really have fall colors here. Just about everything is evergreen:(

Laurie, Thanks for the gentle {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}! I hope to have it fixed soon. Wet dogs, such fun:D I've never tried TS, is she good?

Sandra, Have fun with CleanMax, I do that one a lot too:p Enjoy the time with your parents! How fun for the girls to have grandma & grandpa in town. Bake extra for me. I still have to try the pumpkin shake from Vegan Planet:9

Wendy, YYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Tell me how it is! I hope to get mine soon:) You, offend someone? Never! I too am extremely opinionated about my beliefs and morals but I keep it on the DL unless I need to unleash it on someone who needs it:D

Annointed, Are you getting the new DVD's? You sure are busting your buut! Way to go:)

Cheryl, Glad you will be able to stay home for a bit! Way to go on your eating and cardio. I wish I could say the same:p

Off to get ready to go to the doctor. I'll let you know what she says.

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.