Xers ~~tantilizing TUESDAY... ~~

teddy16410

Cathlete
~~~~~~~~~~~ Hard & Heavy / Cycle Day 10 Tuesday~~~~~~~~
Buns/Hips = PHH Bun Shaper (Power Half Hour – Tony & Dreya)
Biceps: APX & GS
Abs: Shiva Core Abs

Happy Tuesday Xers!
My legs are good and sore from yesterdays Meaner Legs… How many low ends and sit n stands can that woman do? I sweat more with that one than I have with cardio in a while!

APX (for those who asked) is Amy Bentos’s All Pump Extreme… I like combining her with Cathe as she does some creative moves and uses lots of different equipment. I also did some shoulders yesterday using cables so between APX/GS/Cables I got in a solid 30 minutes. Same plan for all body parts this week.

Thanks for all the congrats ladies! My friends here all want to celebrate with food events! I LOL as I cant be 30#s heavier while seeking clients can I now?

TeddyGirl~ ^5 on sticking with our new food plan over the weekend! That can be challenging!

SandraX ~ Very nice yoga session on rest day! Good for you for fitting a long one in with all your hustle & bustle! Hope the Chins/Pulls went well yesterday!

LaurieX~ Happy Week 11! Busy or not we know you’re giving these final days your all! Congrats!!!!

Wendy~ Interesting thing about Fluidity is that unless you do it a few times how would one know if they really like it? I think that’s why I end up with all these darn gadgets… I really cant tell if I’ll stick with something. It took me almost 2 years to buy the big girl step because I wasn’t sure I’d ever enjoy it. Glad you gave Phil a FDay to remember!

Amy~ Breakfast sounded yummy to me! Anything with Cheese & Chili in the name is a good thing! Hope all of DH’s testing is coming back as you hope for. Days at the Dr are no fun for either of you I’m sure.

TracyX~ Sorry about the run… It sure does happen tho and I think the first month of heat/humidity take its toll on our bodies more than we realize. I’m past the initial “shock” but man its hard in May for me to move & get going. Future days will be better and I applaud you for doing the Yoga at end of that run.

Hugs to all who are VERY BUSY these days…. Check in when ya can!

Hi all,

Just upper today and maybe yoga, it depends on how much time I have. Maybe the legs need a break, plus I have to go to Costco after work.

I looked at the Fluidity too. It's a lot of money. Looks too slow paced for me, similar to Squeeze in some respects. Maybe when I get older and can't do as much:)I'm proud of myself for doing floorwork twice a week.

TTOM is fast approaching and the bloat is miserable. Whenever I bloat, it seems like I have a hard time getting all of my water down, which then increases the bloat. Another vicious cycle. Plus, I ate oatmeal for dinner, which also increases the bloat.

When are Nicole and Debra coming back?

Later,

Tracy

Traci - Do you have Shiva's creative core abs? I was thinking of getting it. I just can't bring myself to do another traditional ab workout.

Tracy

Good morning,

Today was Imax2 Blasts Only (warmup and 1-8) for about 30 minutes, then switched to Christi Taylor Totally Hot Cardio and learned the first combo. 2 of my new Christi's came last Friday.

Haircut and highlight appointment tonite. My mom and Grandma came to visit me last night so I didn't get to post personals. Will probably be cutting back on my posting anyway as I really need to get some stuff done around here. I catch myself on the computer and I look out the window and it's still very much daylight outside and I could be doing some yardwork. We'll see.

Traci, I haven't done Leaner Legs in years it seems. You are so motivated and work very hard and inspire me. Maybe I'd get more inspired to mix and match and work harder if I didn't have my job. Sure gets in the way of my workouts, but I do love the $$$. I go thru the same "shock" on the bike with the heat.

Tracy, lots of sympathy here on the bloat. I'm finally losing some of it from TTOM last week for me. Plus, the long bike rides make me retain water for a few days too. Mmmmm, oatmeal, I just finished mine. You have 5 cars? We have 5 also, though nothing is newer than 1998 (my Jeep). Hope your AC problems get solved. I have to drive my grandmother (age 93) down south on Thursday. Hoping my AC doesn't go out in the car. Interesting about your DH's inner thigh cramps. Thought I was the only one that got them there. There's no way I can stretch them out while on the bike. Have to dismount and do a side stretch to get rid of the cramp.

Cheryl, you inspired me to almost do part of Lowmax today, but I have a bike hill climb tomorrow and my legs are still somewhat sore from the long bike ride on Saturday. Lowmax is a good one. It kind of starts out slow but gets moving more in the 2nd half.

Teddygirl, glad you had a good time with your grandchildren. Glad the new eating plan is making you feel better. Hope you start packing on some muscle soon.

Sandra, way to go on doing that long Shiva. You are putting me to shame as I've not done any yoga for quite some time.

Laurie, good workout for you yesterday. I like B&G stability ball abs.

Wendy, I have several riding crops that you can borrow to use on Phil if you want that real equestrian thing. The generator was WONDERFUL! I used my electric coffee maker instead of the propane one that is super slow. Also got to wash, dry and curl my hair on Sunday morning. Believe me, I needed a shower in the trailer after the long bike ride (think matted sweaty hair). Yep, I get the inner thigh cramp thing for some reason. Others get them in their hamstrings, calves or quads. Me, it used to be the muscles right above my knees, now it's the inner thighs and it's a bit** when they hit.

Amy, how is the eating plan going? Still losing weight? Hope your do nothing day yesterday was relaxing.

Got to go now,

Jeanette

I slept last night, it was needed when I got home my apartment was 100 degreesx( I turned the air on laid down and it was over. Boy do I need to step it up……

This morning, I only did Imax 2:p Tonight, legs which one I don know (WENDY) ;-) ;-) you got me with that one, I think too hard. Really tho, I’m doing legs and glutes Xtreme I can feel the burn now.

TraciX: arrrrreeee yooooou worrrrking! Your workouts have been really awesome, I’m giving you, aaa+ nice work.

Good Morning Ladies!

I'm seriously wondering if I should extend the X another week because of my mistake. Does it really matter? Is there a significant difference from doing weeks 9&11 and 10&12 consecutively vs. as written? If there is, I wouldn't have a problem extending phase 3 another week. What do y'all suggest?

Wasn't able to finish posting personals. Last night we all went to Fridays for dinner. We were celebrating Phil Day!:D He considered working on the kitchen floor during dinner until he ordered another gin and tonic. LOL I ordered a Miller lite and only drank 2 ounces of it. I'm not much of a drinker.

Today I'm coughing and my chest is tight. I think Luke gave me his cold! Depending on how I feel later, I doubt I'll be able to do Plyo. It hurts to take a full breath. What should I sub for Plyo? A steady state walk on the treadmill maybe? I don't think I can do anything high intensity unless I shake this thing by afternoon.

Traci-X: I think food plays such a big part of every culture's celebrations. It's good to know your friends want to spend time focusing on you and celebrating your accomplishments! :) If you want to borrow Fluidity (the dvds), I can send them to you. I think that would be the best way to determine if you want to purchase their barre. You can always rig something up for the barre work: countertop, desktop, Wendell sitting in a chair. :7 I won't be using Fluidity for awhile. I can always use The Bar Method until your finished playing with the Fluidity dvds. Actually, I prefer the Bar Method since I like the slower tempo. It'll give me more time to watch my form since that is the key to these types of workouts IMO. Thanks for explaining APX. Is APX an endurance total body weight workout?

Excuse me while I cough up a lung....

Tracy-X: Did you do Fluidity or preview the videos? I agree that it moves slow compared to cardio workouts. I wouldn't consider it a cardio workout though. I've heard some people classify it as isometrics. It's funny, I prefer floorwork over standing legs. Maybe that will change post-X. Sorry about the bloat. The older I get the more noticeable it is. Maybe it won't be as bad. Look on the bright side, you could sweat it out of you now that your AC is acting up again. It's supposed to get up into the 90's today. We still haven't turned on the AC. Unless it gets humid, our plaster walls keep the house cool. I think Traci said that Debra was coming back after her vacation on the 25th. That's what I want to know...

WHERE IS NICOLE?????? WHOOO HOOOO! Where are you???? WE MISS YOU!!!!

Jeanette-X: I soooo understand what you mean about getting sucked into the computer. Of course I'll miss your long posts! But, it's summer and the weather is nice. And, you have a tiling project to do! :) So much to do, so little time! How's your inner thighs today? Are they still sore? Or do they get sore after a cramp like that?

Well, I'm off to read and finish my coffee.
Hi to all who follow!

Ballistic Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph3/Wk11/Day4/Rnd2
Workout: Bryan Kest Power Yoga Sweat / Volleyball

DH called and said that he is taking the day off. So we are going to go to a movie after my volleyball game. :) It is very rare that we get a date night. :D

My Dad's Birthday is today, so I will be calling him later tonight. Knowing my parents they will not be home when I call. I must get my active schedule from them. They sent me a picture of themselves on their 4 wheeler. It was really cute, and of course it was taken on the shores of Lake Superior so they had a great back ground. :)

Wendy, take care of yourself and I would say that the walk would probably be ok. That way if you start hacking up a lung you can stop really quick.

Tracy, I saw the Fluidity infomercial on Saturday. I was sitting on my rump beading my DD's dress parts, and it was on. Some of the moves look interesting, but I didn't realize that it was slow moving. Of course I don't need another piece of equipment in my space. :)

Traci, Yep I'm headed for the final weeks of the X. I still haven't decided what I want to do. Barry's, Cathe!!!! Are you getting the new Amy Bento workouts? I am looking at her Slo-Mo I think she called it. That one looks interesting. One would think with all the workouts that are coming out that I would have enough. But I just love the variety that we can get.

Boss is asking me questions have to get going,

Laurie

Good morning,

The stars have aligned better today, and I have a bit more time to play on the computer.

I did Power Hour yesterday, and inserted 4 rounds of push & pull ups between some of the segments. Worked out great, and I had a very nice pump in the upper body by time I finished. It added about 10 minutes to the workout, which isn't too bad, since PH itself is only 55 mins.

This morning I did Cardio Coach #4, running outdoors. We don't have much by way of big hills around this neighbourhood, so for the hill challenges I just tried to run really fast up the gentle inclines. I would often get to the top of the incline, turn around and go back down, then race up again. Not a true hill run, but the best I could do in the circumstances. Then I came inside and did PLB stability ball floorwork, and PUB stability ball core. Finished with PLB stretch. Niiiiiice workout overall.

About Shiva's Fluid Power yoga: I'm really, really enjoying it! Thanks for being the tester, Tracy! I did her 43 min Beginner Flow last night, which is just a shortened version of the Hip Opener Flow I did on Sunday night. I'm getting the hang of the transitions and sequences, which helps alot. I love the mandala salutations that are all done in a 360 circle on the floor. And the hip opener segment is terrific. I see this dvd as being a transition into the Yoga Trance Dance, with all of the "free", "creative" movement in the opening meditations. I also love that you are in constant movement through these (the whole water theme is, ah, refreshing). It offers really nice variety to my collection of yoga workouts. Tonight I'm going to do Eoin's Daily Dose of Bliss, for a change of pace. I love yoga. Oh, Tracy, I have Shiva's Creatve Core Abs, but haven't even previewed it yet. Maybe I'll try that today or tomorrow. What would you like to know about it, specifically? I'll see if I can find the answer for you.

TraciX - I'm still so stoked for you in getting your certification!!!! And very envious. Where can I get myself one of these? What's your next step? How's your new workout room working for you? Meaner Legs }( Aren't those plie low-ends at the very end just the most sadistic thing ever? Ever notice how, a couple of times, Cathe puts the barbell down and backs away from it like it's going to bite her? I think she was feeling it, too!

Wendy - Hooooooooowdy!!! Did I read you right today? You mixed up your weeks? Hm. I'm not sure what to say about that. I don't imagine that it would make much difference, really. I think you should just stick with the 4 weeks as you've been doing it. Your body needs the rest, IMO. If you're loving the results, and are really feeling OCD about it, take a Recovery Week, then do Phase 3 over again, alternating the weeks as suggested.

Jeanette - So what did you think about Christi's Totally Hot Cardio? Do you like the music? I enjoy those two workouts very much. Check out the ab work on them (it's the exact same on both dvds). It's not stellar ab work, just a zillion bunch of crunches, but she does it to the music "Tequila", and I find it really fun.

Amy, Laurie, Teddygirl - You all sound like you're doing so well. Thanks for taking the time to share your efforts and successes with us.

Nicole & Debra - I'm missing you! I look forward to hearing about your fun, when you get back to us.

We were talking about breadmaking on the weekend. I'm impressed that so many people here have childhood memories of bread baking. My mother never attempted it, and I learned through trial and error over the years (my poor family). No, Wendy, I DON'T grind my own flour LOL!! I do use only whole grains, though, and follow the techniques laid out in the Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book, as she specifically focuses on whole grain bread making. Apparently most whole wheat bread recipes use techniques suitable to white flour. I love the flavour and texture of home made whole wheat bread. She has some sprouted grain recipes that I'd like to experiment with.

Tracy - you make bread on a regular basis? See, I never figured you for someone who would do that. I got the impression that the less time you spent in the kitchen, the better. Apprarently I'm wrong. Made your own tortillas? Corn, or wheat flour? I have a bag of masa corn mix in my cupboard that I'm going to try to make into tortillas some time soon.

Oh, look at the time. I'm taking DD to the park this morning, so we've got to get going. Have a great day!

Sandra

Hi, everyone!

Jeanette, hopefully I've inspired you enough to give Low Max a try in the next couple of days. I have gained new respect for it. The fun factor is also high.

Wendy, I don't think you need to add another week of X unless you really want to. Your results are looking so good. Maybe a change would be good.

Sandra, Power Hour sounds really fun. I haven't done that one in ages.

Traci, love that Meaner Legs!! Love those sit-in-stands - you'll be thanking Cathe for those tomorrow for sure! }( }(

Amy, glad you enjoyed your rest day yesterday and will be interested to see what you choose for today.

This morning I did MIC. Just love that one for some reason even though the outfits are dorky. Something about cutting loose with good old fashioned high intensity aerobics now and than, and I like the music as it goes into the step routines (the music for the floor aerobics is okay but a little skating rinkish) :)

Have a great day, everyone!

Cheryl

Well, steady state cardio hasn't happened yet. This cold is sucking every ounce of energy from me! I moped around the house begging for sympathy. The girls each took turns walking on my legs and back. My eldest son gave me a back rub. It helped to loosen up the phelm in my chest. I tried again to teach the dog how to give massages. It looks like it'll be a lonnng process involving doogie treats. :7

Teddygirl: Yep L&G give me the DOMS just thinking about it! Have a nice lower body workout!

Laurie soon to be XX: Kick butt tonight!! Enjoy your date night! What movie are you planning on seeing? How awesome that your parents have an adventure filled active life! I hope they were careful on the 4 wheeler. I had a nasty accident on one when I was 15 years old. I'll never get on another one again if I can help it! Share your post-X plans as soon as you decide. I'm still undecided myself.

Sandra-X: Hey there! Yep! I had a brain freeze and did 2 weeks of the same routine. I'm normally not anal. So, I don't think I'll extend or repeat Phase 3. Your workouts are so cool! Are you following a basic rotation using whatever fits? If so, please share. If I had the energy, I'd be hyperventilating over what to do post-X.:7

Cheryl: You're right. I'm not going to extend or repeat Phase 3. I'm thinking I should focus on endurance and cardio using Cathe workouts in preparation for the roadtrip. It'll soon be here! :)

Well ladies, I think I'm going to seek out some more sympathy and take a long steam bath. DS told me that it helped him feel better when his cold was at its worse.

Static Hugs to ALL!
Wendy

Ach! Cheryl, I apologize for missing you this morning! I always seem to miss someone if I don't go back to the previous day's thread. LowMax is a terrific workout, I agree! Ever tried it holding a medicine ball during the blasts? That's good }( }( }(

Wendy - Oh, I feel for you (but please cough in the other direction). Are you going to take a recuperation day, perhaps? I'm doing Cathe's February '07 rotation. I'm in week 3. The only changes I've made are to add floorwork 2x a week, and a session of push/pull ups 1x a week. And after the runs I do a core workout of my choice, because it helps stretch out the lower back and hips. I'm also, just generally, trying to do yoga much more frequently. I forgot earlier...you asked the other day about Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti. Yes, I have it. I've had it for quite some time, tried it once, put it away for months, then pulled it out again when people around here couldn't stop raving about it. I don't think she's a great beginner yoga instructor in these dvds, but once you are familiar with the terminology and the techniques, she's wonderful. Eoin Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness is, IMO, a much better starting place because he moves much slower between the poses and holds each pose longer. Shiva's new Fluid Power dvd is definitely not for the beginner. She moves very quickly through each pose, in constant motion. If you don't know what she's talking about, you will get lost really quick, and frustrated. Even for people familiar with the terminology and poses, her vinyasa yoga takes some practice to obtain the full benefit. I still feel like I have a lot to get out of her Yoga Shakti segments, and I've done most of those sessions a number of times. I can see myself using Fluid Power for quite some time before reaping the full benefits.

Cheers,
Sandra

Hey Sandra,

Isn't the Fluid Power great! It is just so new and inventive. The sun saluatations are not easy either. I always break a good sweat. I still really have a long way to go, but that is the great thing about yoga. The more you do yoga, the more you can get out of it. I agree, she is not a beginner instructor and you have to learn her language. I can even break a sweat with Eion now, and before I didn't.

I've been really pushing it through my hips and have seen a hugh improvement. I'm slightly sore that evening, but feel great the next day.

Tracy

Sandra,

Thanks so much for the yoga reviews. Shiva has me scratching my head in Shakti! I'm excited to try PY4H. Hoping it gets here before I leave Wednesday evening. I doubt it since I didn't sign up for Amazon Prime's expedited shipping. Unless it's in the closest warehouse, super savings shipping can take up to three weeks. :( I'll have to check out Feb 07's rotation. All of her rotations look great. The only problem is figuring out which ones will best suit what I own and would like to accomplish.

Excuse me while I turn my head to cough. ;-)
Wendy

Classic/ Phase 3/ Week 9/ Round 1

PlyoX

I'm baaack. Did you all miss me? I was actually back Sunday but I have been unpacking, cleaning and doing laundry. I did C&B yesterday and I'm sore! Vacation is a killer! Plyo kicked my butt today and it felt good:) I just spent the last three hours updating my Picture Trail with vacation photos. My children are terrorizing me and destroying the house but I wanted to pop in really quick and say HI!!!!! I'll be back in the flow tomorrow or Thursday, I hope:) Must get busy. Missed you all, can't wait to catch up:p

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Hi Nicole,

Glad you are back! Of course we missed you. I hope you had fun. The clean up on the return is always a pain. Off to do some S&H.

Tracy

Buns/Hips: PHH Bun Shaper (Power Half Hour – Tony & Dreya)
Biceps: APX & GS
Abs: Shiva Core Abs

Biceps SCREAMING almost as loud as the forearms! I forgot how Cathe gets those real good in GS! Pre-exhausted with APX and that was plenty for the biceps!

Bun Shaper is a doozy! 1 minute warm up and 29 minutes of booty- floor & standing…. OUCH OUCH OUCH!

Shiva Creative Core Abs…. I tried a different segment this time, Fire (17min). I do like the concept of this but feel I get a better burn with traditional ab work.

Nicole~ Welcome home! You were definitely missed around here! Cant wait to hear about the trip- I peeked at a few of the 101 pics! LOLOLOL

TracyX~ Hope SH was good for you today! Sorry about bloat- It is so aggravating when we do all the right things and it still gets us!

Wendy~ Will you be checking in on your little getaway? We gotta make sure you’re doing the right workout each day! SO SORRY about the cold! You are certainly having a tough time of it! Maybe you should RELAX once in awhile…Do you need me to explain that word? Should I tell your kids & Phil what that would look like for mom? Thanks for the VERY generous offer on borrowing Fluidity.. Maybe someday- I have so dang many DVDs right now that the wrapping isn’t even popped off! That’s sinful isn’t it? You are a sweetie pie tho! Thanks for the offer. APX is a full body endurance as produced- she also did splits on her premixes and of course Mix n Match I use for 1 part. Sandra X got this one but if I recall she wasn’t thrilled… I like it a lot because it hits the muscles very different than Cathe.

SandraX~ Hope the park was great fun! Must not get too terribly hot there. I think my mom is more like yours! Cooking for her was scrambled eggs…. Don’t know where I got my culinary skills from because I don’t recall anyone in my family doing more than eggs, fried bologna, tuna casserole & meatloaf! New workout room waiting to be set up – TV stand arrives tomorrow or Thursday… VERY EXCITED! R U seriously looking into a certification? If so I can send you all sorts of accredited sites to see where you want to start. LOL on Meaner Legs & Cathe! She seems sadistic to me in this one… I don’t find myself laughing at her evil witch laugh much! I think at one point I said Jesus Cathe! LOL

Cheryl~ Every time you mention MIC I try to remember what it is about that one that doesn’t connect for me… Maybe I just need to get the dang thing out again. I would split it up tho as I am no longer doing cardio that is that long. I do like HiLo tho!

LaurieX~ happy Bday to dad! That’s great about the 4 wheeler pics! I just love when parents stay active and happy! I need to check out Amy’s new stuff- I’d probably get anything that’s weights but my unused cardio collection runneth over! Hope date night is loads of fun!!!

TeddyGirl~
Thanks for the triple A+! I think you workout much more intensely than I – mine just APPEAR to be tough because I mix n match DVDs! Have fun with legs!

JeanetteX~ No worries on posting! I rarely get back here twice in same day. We just love hearing about all you are up to! Your life is WAY more exciting than mine! Hope new “do” is awesome! Sweet & Sassy for sure!

Great night to all!

Good Evening Ladies!

Feeling a wee bit better. Phil came home to my personal drama and took pity on me. :) He rubbed my back some more and, his favorite, my tush. }( :7 Felt good enough to dust off the treadmill and walk briskly for 40 minutes with a few coughing breaks.

Nicole: ABOUT TIME YOU CHECKED IN WITH US!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hurt! Picturetrail over Xers?????? Those pictures better look good!:p :7 ;-)You're just getting back and I'm leaving tomorrow evening. Hopefully, I'll be able to check in with my best ladies before I drive off into the sunset.

Tracy-X: Oooo! I still need to order GS. I can't remember which upper body muscle people say she works a little too much. Is it the biceps? If so, I can only imagine how sore you must be right now. Too bad we didn't live closer. I could send over one of my girls to massage them for you. I've trained them well since starting the X.:7 You wouldn't, by any chance, happen to know how to train dogs to give massages? I think by the time I train Baby how to do it, I'll be too old to glean any benefit. Relax? Yes, I know what the word means. I'm the lazy Xer remember?!?!?!:p :7 :D ;) LOL on having to double check my workout of the day! I'll bring my P90X bible with me and have eldest dd double check my reading.:7 It's not too sinful having a lot of dvds from which to choose your day's workout. Much better than doing the same thing day in and day out like I did back in Jan. Remember Basic Step for a month straight? LOL

All heck is breaking loose. It's thundering and a storming here tonight. Baby is freaking out, panting, and hiding underneath my computer desk. Hopefully, she won't turn the power circuit off with her rump.

I'm going to try to wake up early tomorrow morning and get the Popeye workout done. I have no choice but to workout with the birdies. I don't want to get all sweaty after my hair appointment since I can't wash my hair at my friend's house. The water is chock full of chlorine. That stuff is nasty on my freshly dyed roots! In between my workout and before my hair appointment, I'm driving an hour away to check out a farmhouse table from Craigslist. I'll have a few hours left afterwards to pack up my things, kids and dog!

I won't have any computer access while I'm gone. I'll be back sometime on Saturday in time to unpack and get ready for the concert. We haven't decided if we'll try to smuggle in any non-factory sealed beverages.}( I do plan on taking some fruit and a baked good. :9

Better get another bath. I'm all sweaty from the humidity and tm walk. Maybe it'll loosen up some more phelm. If not, I have my loving, sweet, caring dh to pester for a massage.:7

Wendy~ Smothering you with hugs & mini massages & healing vibes! You'll be missed!!!! Be safe and have a GREAT time!
mwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.