Xers ~~~ Wednesday ~~~

teddy16410

Cathlete
Round 2:
Phase 2 / Week 1 / Day 3 Wednesday /Back & Biceps

Well today is doubles day but only because I never got Plyo X in yesterday so its day 2 + 3 of this week …. I spent so much computer time working on AFPA that when I finally got up I was plum tuckered out mentally … It would have been just a matter of pushing play to get into it but the day had passed and I was just brain dead. No big deal… I’ve had to double up Plyo before… More like a full body day now! :7 :7

Keeping fingers crossed – My right rotator cuff is not good …. Dull throbbing ongoing for 2 days and when I go to reach slightly behind me (like reaching into backseat of car) the pain makes me cry out. Not a good sign! x( x( x(

تLAURIE X :7 :7
I’m pretty darn exited about any new X workouts! I got the impression from post that it wont be weight work tho… That’s OK – As long as we have some awesome subs for the ones we do every week… I’ll be first in line to purchase! So sorry DD didn’t do as well as she wanted… I gotta tell ya that HS Coaches scare me… They are so NOT about teaching proper skills… in just grind it out…. Good thing she’s got an exercise savvy mom!

تNicole :7 :7
Congrats on pushing play with Plyo! As I’m sure you read I blew it off and now have a day of X doubles! Not good to do on a regular basis! On the pushups… I actually went lower because I had stopped feeling benefit from doing them on my toes because I couldn’t go low… Hope that works for you too! I do think Plyo can temporarily bulk you up… It was week 3 when I saw the slimming and cuts appear last round… I also did not use any weights at all in legs & back round 1 and will stop using them in now because I’m not seeing the leg lean-ness I did before.

تSandra X :7 :7
Oh it sounds like you are thoroughly enjoying yourself! A busy time for sure but none the less wonderful! Congrats on doing so well with your travel workout plan! DEDICATION from Sarg! Hugs to you!

تWendy X :7 :7
Thanks for info on Butt & Legs! I really enjoyed the one time I did it but man its like Plyo X & Legs & Back on steroids! Since you are doing so well post X do tell us about your diet? Did you stay clean after X?

تWendy :7 :7
So happy that you are OK! Its just waaaay to quiet around here with you, Debra AND Sandra gone all at once! We have certainly determined our yackers! My “Bruce Lee” muscles are exactly what are so sore from all the pushups… Am I doing them right? I know pushups hit a lot of muscles if you go low and slow so maybe its OK… I cannot imagine NOT eating in AM! Of course I eat around 8am and I get up at 3-4am so its really lunch I suppose! I do like the recipes in the book! There are weeks where all I want are “clean foods” so I just eat that… many weeks tho I want “real food” so the recipes look great! BTW on BootCamp…. I’d never go that low in calories while doing X… Maybe on my rest days but 1200 was what I was eating on for 2 years and storing fat and punds like crazy… X brought me out of that darkness… My opinion is to zig zag the days so you have enough evergy for X and nutrients for muscle growth… I’d do the mid program day 1, BootCamp day 2, Maintenance Day 3 … jmo …. On Plyo X- I don’t sub that one because its perfect for my body… actually the only thing you’ll ever find me subbing is Yoga X (as produced), ARX, and a couple of Kenpos near the end! So far I have yet to find any perfect subs for the rest of program. Hope butcher block shopping was great fun!

تTracy X :7 :7
Hope you are OK too! You are very busy these days- hope you’re taking care of yourself.

تAmy :7 :7
It appears that you are receiving weekly noticeable about all your progress! I can only imagine how cool that is for you! I’ve lost 15 pounds since I stopped spinning a year ago and my old instructor stopped by the house last week… (looks EXACTLY like Tiger Woods! Yummy!) I digress…. He never once mentioned my changes… I was so mad when he left that I went to mirror and flexed for myself! Lololol …
uhhhhhhhhh you failed to mention the name of the Vanilla Ice Cream Powder!
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=2&topic_id=73847&mesg_id=73847&page=1 .. is the link to Cathe’s “pop” answer.. Its about a different exercise but I think what she’s saying is that pops (even ones that don’t hurt) should have the move modified… GREAT NEWS about in-laws visit! Its FABULOUS that you all get along so well! So Squeeze Abs are killer eh? I have only previewed… You are just doing so well Amy… You’re like me- when eating is on – its REALLY ON! Look out when its off tho… Lets you and I make a pact that May is clean up our food act ok?

تJeanette X :7 :7
Fingers crossed for new shoe arrival!! I just love having things delivered… ALWAYS something I forgot I ordered arrives and I am instantly reverted back to a 5 year old on Christmas morning…Sending good vibes for your Grandma… EVERYTHING seems so scary when they are in the 90’s! What awesome family genes! I cant wait to pull ony Intense Moves again… I’ll do it Sunday since I have a step at Bay and I already took a rest day yesterday! Tell DH thanks for steak idea… had shrimp and steak last night- yummy!

تTeddyGirl :7 :7
How many of those GS Cookies are left my dear? Glad you’ll get some use out of the recipe… I can only make it PMS week or I’ll have a month of binging! Had to Lol about shoes… You shop like you workout…All or nothing baby! I’m a big 1-legged squat girl too! I love those… ouchie!

تKatie :7 :7
WHERES KATIE??????? Gosh I hope all is well !!! Catch us up on your life!

تDebra :7 :7
Hope Dream House is found and purchased! Time to come home now tho!

Waiting for DH to get up so I can crank out my X doubles and get on with the day!

Happy Flexing to all!
:7

6am and Back/Bicep is completed... My Arms are shaking- no rotator pain when doing workout so its just when I move that arm a certain way.. the dull achy pain is still present tho.
Having a protein drink then its on to Plyo... I love just getting it done... Think I'd better go back to early AM workouts.

Back later

Hi all,

I’m enjoying reading everyone’s comments, but I’ve had little time for personals.

Yesterday I did the push up /pull up medley and rearranged the order. I got such a nice pump in the upper body with no weights. Then I did 30 minutes on the stationary bike and magically hips.

I can’t remember who asked, but I’m working upper body about 5 times in a two week period. I add in pull ups 3 of those 5 times. A good workout is to do MM and before each body part add a different set of pushups and pull ups. That is hard and adds a new twist to an old favorite. On my push up/ pull up day I usually do about 500 various pushups and about 100 pull ups (of course most assisted).

I’ve decided no more running for a while. It only tightens up the glute and hamstring and I think is just too much impact right now. I want to get an elliptical machine and I’ve asked for one for Mother’s day.

Today is B& G leg blast premix, 30 minutes on the bike and Shiva yoga.

Traci – DO NOT PUSH THE ARM. Take it from me, I was doing the same thing with my back and once you fatigue and stress the muscle just enough (overuse), you will have a major problem; it is like a cumulative effect. It is not worth it because if it happens you will be sidelined for much longer than a few days. I’ve had to work at work. My friend did have cancer and they removed part of the lung, but there was no cancer in the lymph nodes. I’m actually taking over her job next year. Since she will be out most of the rest of the school year, I’m trying to help with her responsibilities too.

Laurie – I think that they need to get a new coach. Don’t you get mad about what is going on?

BBL,

Tracy

Morning,

Tracie: I ate 7 cookies yesterday, plus added junk x( I was so worried about my results, its been 2 weeks and haven’t heard anyhing from my doctor. HOWEVER, results are in. My doctor phoned as soon as I walked into my apartment. First, I held my breathe and then he said to me "GOOD NEWS" Your liver is at a level one, THAT'S EXCELLENT, IN OTHER WORDS LIVER IS GOOD BABE, it’s like it’s not there, NEVER DEVELOPLED STILL IN REMISSION:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) I have the type of Hyp-C, that most people have and don’t even know, I couldn't believe the stats when my doctor said 7 out 10 people have it, it like herpies(spell check)

After I finished crying made tons of phone calls to my family and friends that been calling me daily about my results, I’m going to make it after all:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :)

Teddygirl~

I forgot to mention, NO workout last night, the time just flew by. By the time I finished talking and weeping it was 8:30 I had to took a double look at my clock, I was just too overwhelmed in joy. Okay, that's three restdays, not good. I’m feeling good now, and ready to focus.

Step Sweatfest arrived yesterday, I like both 30 minute segments, she is a cutie, she looks so much different than her pictures, and I'd like to order another. But first, going to order one of Amy Bento workout, which are your favorites, TG wants to know

Good morning!

Today was leg day so I did Butts & Guts floor premix, then did Squeeze lower body exercises (pretzel, fold over plank, windshield wipers, ball squeeze) and flat abs. Wonder if I'll feel this like I did last time? DH is home playing hooky today. He NEVER takes a sick day ever and loses his sick time every year, but he's worked so much overtime lately, has a bit of a bad attitude going and called in this morning. Amy, I wonder if he'll do those dishes for me today while I'm at work. Not going to bet any money on it. I have a hair appointment for cut and color after work today.

Traci, glad you got your school stuff done. You have more motivation than I do right now. I'm a huge procrastinator, unless it's something fun. Then I like to be prepared early. You really, really need to rest that shoulder. I hope no permanent damage has been done. How do you think that happened? Wow, all my online purchases may be arriving today, and with DH home! Yikes!!! What are the odds that he'd take a day off? He's going to freak at seeing 3 pairs of shoes, 2 pairs of shorts (Champion Catalog) and a pair of sunglasses! LOL!!! I'll just remind him of the Sawzall that he bought recently that just sits there, and all those tools. A girl's got to have her ammunition ready to use. LOL!! Actually, he's pretty good about this stuff. Never has said a word about all the DVD's in the cabinet. Believe me, with horses I used to spend much, much more on maintenance, shoeing, feed, lessons, shows, etc. I think he gets off pretty easy now.

Tracy, sorry you have to hold off on the running for a while, but you know what's best for you. Ooooh, an eliptical machine! Have you tried one out already to see if if doesn't bother your back?

Teddygirl, that is fantastic news about your liver!!!! I'd be celebrating and crying and talking too!! I can't tell you much about Amy Bento, except I rented one of her workouts on Netflix and liked it, though I only previewed it (didn't actually do it).

Got to run, looking forward to haircut today. Wish I was playing hooky too, but have a meeting to go to this morning. Have a bus trip tomorrow out to one of the inmate fire fighting camps. It will be an all dayer.

Jeanette

Quickie Check in as I am STINKY! Got all of Plyo X done and got lawn mowed....No better feeling than completing things you werent in mood for! I even did the Tony double point at end of Plyo- felt proud that I did it well....

TEDDYGIRL!!!!!!!!! OMG THATS WONDEFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!

I'll be back this afternoon to catch up with everyone else!

Am going to have to consider how to proceed with this injury....

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph2/Wk5/Day3/Rnd2
Workout: Back & Biceps / B&G Stability Ball Abs / 2 Mile Run

My workout is going to be interupted tonight. Having to pick up oldest DD from track, and then and hour later picking up youngest DD from school. They are on a field trip to the capital today. :D I'm thinking of starting out with my run and then the abs. Then I can get B&B in after I get youngest one home. :)

Oldest DD did much better at yesterdays track meet. She didn't win her event, but she posted a better time than her last one. 6:44 vs 6:52. She was very happy!

Teddygirl, Congrats on the results! Now stop eating those cookies. :7 :7

Amy, Isn't it nice when you get compliments. Good for you. Makes the day that much brighter. :D And of course I'm right with Traci, what type of protien drink did he recommend? Inquiring minds want to know! :D

Traci, You take it easy on that arm. I will join you on the first in line to order the new X workouts. Yes you are right, sounds like an interval and cardio type Kenpo. I'm excited about the Kenpo one, but then I'm a kickboxing junkie. :7

Wendy, I agree with Traci on the zig zagging of the calories. 1200 calories just doesn't seem to be enough. But going down that low on zig zag would be a great idea.

Tracy, Yes I am extremely upset with the coaches. I have been giving my DD the second degree on what type of stretching they do and what their warm-ups are like. Want to get as much info, so I have something to go on. I also realize that my DD sometimes will slack on actually doing the stretch and warm-up. :( I am trying to emphasis to her how important it is to put your full effort into what they ask them to do. Hopefully with what I add to the information, she will understand better.

Sandra, Glad you are having a good time on your vacation and keeping up with your exercising.

Well I better get back to work!

Have a great day!

Laurie

Good morning!

Another workout done for the day: SJP hi/lo, and DM total body weights premix. I used the Workout Blender on the SJP to string together the hi/lo combos such that #4 was my warm up, then 1,2&3. The DM total body premix is excellent.

I did manage to get my butt in gear yesterday and did all of KickMax as produced. I like the long warm up and 4 combos before the blast. She ever-so-gradually increases the intensity and impact with the combos, so I feel properly warmed up for the blast. I tried the BootCamp premix once, where you do the blast before the combos, and wasn't comfortable with that. The leg conditioning drills were doable, but it's obvious I haven't done them in a while! My legs did not stay up near hip level for very long!

JeanetteX - I hope your Grandma is doing okay? Make sure you get all your hairs cut, not just one, ha ha.

TraciX - Oh my on the rotator cuff!! Take care of that. So, what are you doubling up on today? PlyoX, BB, and ARX? Sounds like a tough day! How are you doing with your assignment? I think you'd wanted to be done by the end of April, wasn't it? What's the Tony double-point?? How'd I miss that?

TracyX - Your workout today sounds really, really nice. My plan when I return home is going to be to focus more on body-weight exercises. I agree with you that they're so effective. I think P90X's Chest & Back is a great model for a total upper body workout, using primarily body weight.

Teddygirl - YAY!!!! I'm doing the happy dance for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laurie - Tell DD the Xer-Cathe's are proud of her! That's a large improvement in her time! Kudos to you for doing your workout, despite the interruptions.

Wendy - How ya doin'? I'm glad you tried those slow-count pull ups. They really work. Those bat-wing muscles are your lats, I believe (ask Traci). If you're feeling those, then you're doing it right.

Katie, Debfer, WendyX, and anyone else I'm forgetting, have a great workout!

In a short bit we're heading out to DH's family cottage on the shore of Lake Huron (near Sarnia). We're opening it up for the season. That's always an interesting day. You never know what the condition of the cottage will be after a long winter.

Cheers,
SandraX

D'oh! I just remembered Amy!!! So sorry, Amy friend! That's very cool that the store-guy was impressed that you work out at home. The protein shake sounds delicious. I wouldn't be able to stop drinking it, if it tastes like melted ice cream! I think I'm genetically programmed to imbibe anything resembling mothers-milk in large quantities LOL! The pull-up tip is a way to help you become strong enough to do an actual unassisted pull up; don't think it would work with the bands, but am not sure. With the bar, you jump up to the top of a chin or pull up, then slowly lower yourself to a slow 6 count. Repeat about 6-10 times. If you can do this 10 times, then slow the count to a 10 count. Once you can do 6-10 of those, you're probably strong enough to do a full, unassisted pull or chin up (whichever you've been practicing).

Cheers,
SandraX

Thank you guys I truly am ecstatic about my results. My cousins and family are calling me at work, they trying to make a girl cry. I can’t wait to get home today, a workout is needed.

You all are right!!! I have discovered that 1200 calories is NOT enough for me on the X. I think that's why I've been such a piggy these past couple of days. My body is crying out for food. I don't feel as hungry today since I think I've got my needed calories during my feeding frenzy. I'll go back to 1500 calories with sprinklings of 1800 calorie days. During my rest week, I may do a 1200 calorie day with extra clean snacks to bring it up to 1500 calories. I suppose if I weren't exercising, a 1200 calorie day might be doable. However, in the book, the lady mentions that she had to increase the calories of one of her clients to 1500 because her body was in starvation mode and holding onto the fat. She didn't call it starvation mode, but basically said the same thing.

I drove to Langhorne to get the butcher block last night. Before I left, I decided that 2 free art lessons wasn't enough. So, I called dd's art teacher and left a message saying that after paying for the butcher block, gas money, and tolls, 2 classes wouldn't cover my time. I would do it for three free lessons. If you don't want to give me three lessons, then you can pick it up yourself! }( :p :7 He calls back and jokingly informs me that he doesn't want me calling if I'm stuck in traffic demanding 5 free art lessons. He knows me so well! :7

Legs and Back/ARX didn't get done last night either!!! I haven't decided how I will rearrange things. I may do Kenpo this afternoon by myself since Phil scares me with his form. That's right! It still sucks!!! Then I'll do L&B with Phil tonight. The big question:

Should I make my rest day on Fridays now or continue on with week 6 tomorrow? Thursday evening, I have a hair appointment. So, I should move my rest day, right?

I need a new monitor!!! My screen turns yellow every now and then. UGH!

Traci-X: Looks like you're not the only one doubling up. At least, I'm not doubling up doubles. Take it easy. You can always do P91X. I just may!!! Your school work got finished, and that's more important cuz ya know how much I need your advice! Now, Girl!!! You're asking ME about muscle soreness! I have no idea if you're doing push-ups correctly! I imagine if anything hurts in a good way, you are. Although, I'm asking myself, "Do I really want Bruce Lee's back????" Do you think your right rotator cuff is hurting from the push-ups? Do you use push-up bars or dumbbells for them? If you use them, you wouldn't have to go as deep since you're starting from a higher position. If it's from lifting too heavy, you might want to lower your weights for now. Keep yourself healthy!!! We don't want another on the injured list. Well aren't you the BOMB! I see you finished all your workouts AND cut the grass!!! I haven't cut our grass since the twins were born. Now that my boys are older, it's their job!!! When they move on with their lives, it'll be my girls' job. When they move on with their life, I'm hoping I have some children living close by to take over. Or Phil is going to have additional chores around here. I can't help it. I'm conditioned to having a team of workers!

Tracy-X: I don't blame you for cutting out the running. I can feel my legs and glutes tighten up when jogging on the treadmill just to lessen the impact. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed you get an elliptical for Mother's Day! I'm a scared of you! I had to read how many push-ups/pull-ups you do a couple of times. The reality of it still hasn't sunk in yet! I've never totaled all my push/pull ups yet. I can assure you it's no where near the 500/100 mark, assisted included!!!

Teddygirl: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I'm so happy for you!!! What a relief this must be for you and your family! Wonderful news!! Exclaiming it to everyone takes precedence over workouts any day!!! I almost replied to your OD Amy Bento post to shout, "CEASE with the subbing insanity!!!" Only because I'm jealous! ;-)

Jeanette-X: I hope your grandmother's swelling goes down. Phil's grandmother was very healthy when she died. She was in the hospital for tests because she was feeling a little weak. Being the independent type, she decided to use the bathroom unassisted. She fell down when getting out of bed and died from her injuries. Can't take any chances at that age. Your grandmother is smart to restrain herself from travel. That's nice your dh gets sick days. In Phil's line of work, they don't. They don't even get vacation days. When his brother owned the business, he always gave him bonuses to cover his lost hours when he had to take off for the twins' surgeries. But, now he works for a faceless corporation. And, as perfect for me as my dh is, I would pass out if he washed the dishes on his hookey day! ;-) Enjoy your haircut and color! Don't you LOVE it when they wash your hair with just the right pressure. The shampoo girls know me well enough to not wimp out and get all lazy on my head! I go for mine tomorrow. Yippee!!!

Laurie-X: Tell your dd, CONGRATS on the improved time!!! The warm-up must have really helped her. Did you restrain yourself from telling her, "I told you so!" ;-) You are so right about 1200 calories daily for the next two weeks not being enough. I don't even think I'll zigzag down to 1200 calories. I'm afraid it'll catapult me into another feeding frenzy. All my life, I've always ate when I was hungry and still be able to maintain a somewhat slim shape. I'm not good with depriving myself.

Nicole: When I was married to my ex, the first house we bought was small. We didn't realize how small it was until we moved our furniture and three boys into it. It drove me into an organizational madwoman! It's funny how living in tight quarters can effect unimagined areas of your life. Remember, if it doesn't kill you or others, it'll make you stronger. ;-) My legs were a bit bulky during Phase 1. I can tell they've slimmed down during recovery week. I think that's normal for them to bulk up a bit before slimming down. Even Cathe has said the same thing.

Amy: Sandra-X gave me some chin-up tips about a week or two ago to help me do ONE unassisted pull-up. She told me that she would jump up to the bar to help with the first pull-up. Then she would lower herself in a slow 4 count. I have to go back to the post to see what she did after doing that for awhile. She also suggested to post on the chin-up checkin for more advice. I would think you could do the same with the bands.

Debra-X: Don't you get back home today??? How was the house hunting?

Sandra-X: Busy working out while on vacation today? Did you all enjoy the lightening and thunder yesterday? Cesar Milan was RIGHT! The cold hearted, I mean, calm leadership worked. During last night's storm, Baby was as calm and submissive as ever! No panting or shaking at my legs.

Well, I need to get Kenpo outta the way. Hi to all who follow!!

Blessings,
Wendy

Tae Bo II Get Ripped Complete 6 workouts 2 DVDs is this a goodie I found it for 6.99 and Amy Bento Advance Step Challenge 12.99

Classic/Phase 1/Week 3/Day 7 - StretchX

Yesterday I didn't want to push play, but did and enjoyed it. I think that my body is used to KenpoX now because I've been doing in about once a week since December. It just didn't feel very intense for me. I also added about 30 minutes of Power Strike and that felt really good. Of course it was all done with naked feet! The DOMS in the lower back (just above the butt) and obliques made it a bit more sore than usual, but once I was warmed up, it was okay.

Oh, the vanilla protein powder is Pro Complete from Optimum Health Nutrition (www.ohnutrition.com). It's 200 calories for 2 scoops and 40 gm of protein, 4 gm carbs, but since I only use it 1 scoop at a time, it works for me. The guy also gave me a sample scoop of the strawberry shortcake and I used it in my oatmeal this morning....:9 :9 :9 :9 :9 . The chocolate is really good, too, and it really helps keep the chocolate cravings at bay!

I am a little leery of the 'Recovery' Week starting tomorrow, but also looking forward to see if I will lean out from no weights.

Oh, I had to call Beach Body CS yesterday because there was a charge on my bank account that I don't remember authorizing. Anyway, it was for some diet support something or other that I apparently signed up for 18 months ago and forgot about it. The charges slipped through the cracks of my radar because they only charged every 3 months for it and the last time was in the middle of when I was paying for P90X and stuff. Anyway, while I was on the phone, I mentioned something about Tony's new workouts and the CS guy said that they weren't really new workouts, but that the was re-working the P90 program and re-recording them.

Teddygirl- I am so glad for your results! I can certainly understand the evening of crying! I have also been looking at Amy Bento lately and may try to borrow one from Netflix to see if I like her.

SandraX- Your Niagra Falls day sounded wonderful! I have been there a couple of times and it was gorgeous both times! I didn't get a lot of time to wander around the town, but what I did, it was a very charming town. I hope that you are still enjoying your 'vacation'. Great job on keeping up the workouts, that's the hardest thing for me is to keep those up!

I have to go back and make notes on the personals. BBL!

Classic: Phase 1/ Week 3/ Day 3/ Round 1

I did Shoulders & Arms today. I always enjoy this workout. I am looking forward to Recovery Week next week so I can measure and weigh myself. I'll put up progress pics then and unlock the album.

Traci-X : Ouch! My husband has a bad rotator cuff too and it bothers him often. He doesn't want to have surgery yet so he deals with it. Thanks for the suggestion about not using weights sometimes. I kind of went lighter the other day for that reason.

Teddygirl : So glad to hear the Good News!!! It must be such a relief for you.

Jeanette : My husband is the same way, never takes a sick day and always works overtime. He doesn't love it but he knows it's a must since I stay home with the kids and send them to private school. He's such a trooper!

Wendy : Thanks for giving me a heads up about the bulking up. Recovery Week is almost here! As for my tight living quarters, I've become a tosser. I ere on the side of throwing things away to make room:)

Sandra-x : The first time I did Kickmax in it's entirety I had such DOMS I couldn't undo my bra the next day! LOL:D

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Teddygirl, Get Ripped is my all time favorites of Billy's. Of the advanced workouts you get one that is all cardio. The other one has some floorwork mixed into it. That set you describe would be 2 advanced, 2 basic, 1 18 min., and 1 instructional. That is a great deal.

Laurie

Okay, back with personals...

But first, I wanted to thank you all for the kudos! Some days, seeing the positive changes in the mirror just isn't enough because then I focus on what needs to change. Thanks again!!!

Traci- PLEASE take care of your shoulder! YES I would love to make a May pact with you to clean up the eating!

Jeanette- Keep your ammo handy!!! My DH has learned not to say anything as long as the bills keep getting paid! I hope that your grandmother is okay and that her swelling goes down!

Wendy- I am glad that you have realized that 1200 cal just isn't enough! I know that for the longest time while I was on WW that I was eating 1200 cal basically and it wasn't enough for my height and weight! I slowly increased to 1700 cal and 9 lbs came off! I honestly don't know just how many calories I need, but all the calculations I do based on my height and weight says that it's over 2000 to keep losing, especially with doing P90X!!!

Debra- I hope that you trip was successful!

SandraX Thanks so much for the pull-up tip! It sounds a bit like the push-up tip that Cathe was talking about several months ago. I don't think that it will work with the bands, but I will keep it in mind whenever I get my pull-up bar installed!

Laurie- I am so glad that you DD improved her time! I hope that she learns the value of warming up and stretching properly!

Hi all,

B& G leg blast premix done with a few mods, then 30 minutes on the bike and Sweat. If you really go slow on the vinyasas in Sweat it is quite an upper body workout. It felt good and got the muscles ever so slightly differently.

I got my Janis S and Shiva workouts today. I can't wait to preview the fluid yoga. I hope I can do most of it.....

Recovery week is a much needed rest to let the body recouperate from all of the intense workouts and probably to prevent overuse injuries. Also, I've found on multiple occasions, that when I stop working a body part for a week to 10 days, I really see how much muscle I have, which isn't nearly as much as when I an working out. I think that my muscles must retain a lot of water when they are being worked hard.

I'll try to catch up on personals tomorrow. I have to go dig out the left overs, no cooking tonight.

Tracy

Hi there Xers!

Hope you guys are all doing well. I am finally back home...but the good news is I found a great house in North Carolina! We put a bid on it and it was accepted. So we will be moving mid-June. WooHoo! Now, if I can just survive the move itself without DH, I'll be in good shape.

So...I will also be starting a new rotation this week. I am planning on doing 3 days a week cardio, an upper body part each day plus yoga added in. I am going to use Slow and Heavy for the weight work. So my weeks should look something like this:

Mon cardio + shoulders
Tues legs + bis + abs
Wed cardio + back
Thurs yoga + tris + abs
Fri cardio + chest
Sat long yoga session + abs
Sun rest

I think this will get in all my body parts plus I am, of course, hoping to trim a little body fat. Please add any feedback you have! I will try to catch up on personals in another day or two. I obviously have a lot going on for the next little bit. And it is funny how things crop up on you while you are out of town!

See you guys tomorrow!

Debra

Bite off more than you can chew. Then chew it---Ella Williams

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Good evening,

Hope everyone is having a good evening. I got my hair cut and roots colored tonite, also worked on the wine.

Traci, way to go on doing your workout and getting the yardwork done too. Good feeling, yes?

Laurie, glad your DD did well on her run. I am guessing that is the time for her mile run? I'm lucky to beat 10 minutes.

Wendy, you drove a hard bargain with your DD's art instructor but sounds like you prevailed! My DH was pretty grouchy tonite. I really think he may be on the verge of quitting his job. He's about had it with his boss. My hair appointment was very relaxing tonite. Glad you are getting your calories right. Enjoy KenpoX and watch Phil's roundhouse kick that's headed toward the TV!

Sandra, good workout! Enjoy the cottage opening today. Hope it's not too bad. Bet it is beautiful there.

Tracy, did you preview your new Shiva? Can't wait to hear about it.

Amy, hope you find the magic in Recovery Week. I consistently did. DH never said anything about the packages that came today. Think he was too upset with work stuff.

Nicole, looking forward to hearing your results. I'll bet you get some good ones. I really noticed the biggest difference after Phase 1 for me. However strength kept going up and up.

Debra, we missed you! So glad you found a house. Can you tell us about it? I like your rotation. Your DH won't be there to help with the move? I'd be lost...at first.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.