Xers ~~~ Tuesday ~~~

teddy16410

Cathlete
::::::::::::: Happy Good Morning Xers! ::::::::::::

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phase 2/ Week 2/ Day 2 / PlyoX / Round 2 (maybe I should play 2's in the lottery today!)
Doubles Workout: Sweatfest Kickbox (Tracey Staehle) + Lawn Max!

So happy to see all the Xers finally accounted for yesterday!!! I'll have to come back later with personals as I have a jam packed morning.

My arm is still feeling terrific! YIPPEE! I changed how I sleep 4 nights ago as wel as all the icing, stretching, etc advise from all of you... I think we nipped this thing in the bud! THANK YOU!! I really dont know how people do all this without incredible support systems!

I shall return at some point late morning !

Have a fabulous early AM!:7

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph2/Wk6/Day1/Rnd2
Workout: Shoulders, Chest, Triceps / ARX / 3 Mile Run

So sorry I was not around yesterday, I spent the whole day in bed sick. But I'm feeling much better today than I did Sunday or yesterday. :D

I will be back later, after I catch up with some of this work that I missed yesterday.

Have a great day!

Laurie

::::::::::::: Happy Good Morning Xers! ::::::::::::

Phase 2/ Week 2/ Day 2 / PlyoX / Round 2 (maybe I should play 2's in the lottery today!)
Doubles Workout: Sweatfest Kickbox (Tracey Staehle) + Lawn Max!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~::::::::::::::::: Personals::::::::::::::::::::

`````Sandra X
Welcome Home! I cannot imagine how tired you must be today!! Overall was it a fab trip? Cant wait to see pics!

~~~~Jeanette X
Good Vibes coming your way for tonights ride! I know you’ll do wonderfully as long as the “pit” is gone! Hope you and DH enjoyed your day together. Have a terrific day and “gas” is all gone now! Yes- I LOVE the Gin Miller Interval ticker as well! It really helps me push to the very end.

``````Nicole
Oh I understand the little freak out about scale showing up. PLEASE don’t worry! If your eating has been clean then it really is muscle gain/ muscle swell…. Subbing isn’t the crime of the century so don’t worry about that! At the end of 13 weeks you really will shrink in inches… If you didn’t have weight to lose to start with seeing a “gain” on scale isn’t unusual with all the muscle changes. Maybe avoid the scale? Easier said than done! Please take it a bit easy with that back.

~~~~ Debra X
Thanks for asking about studying…. SLOW SLOW SLOW! There is a HUGE difference between doing the requirements and actually LEARNING the information… I’ve been out of the study habit for far too long obviously… or does school really teach you to learn or just memorize temporarily? I feel like my brain has gotten lazy!
As far as Kenp Drill Subs… StrikeZone & Sweatfest Kick (ignoring high impact cardio & just sticking to the kicks & punches) are really working for me. I am also going to test drive a few others this week. Unfortunately Cathe’s current Kick’s are just to cardio focused for me to modify to what I need/want… Hopefully her new series will be better suited for me – even without the bag. I agree on Amy’s Kick… Amy is very much Cathe-ish in her tempos & goals that’s why as much as I like her personality I need to stick with other instructors I think.

~~~~~ Katie
YEAH you are alive & well!!! I was worried you bagged the X until after move & settle time! Be very proud that you are sticking with it thru all the hub-bub!

```````Laurie X
Oh sooooo sorry you’re sick! Do take care of yourself!!!!

Tracy X, Wendy, TeddyGirl, Amy- You all have a terrific morning! Cant wait to hear what you are up to!

Out the door I go!

Happy Flexing/Stretching/Moaning & Grunting to all!

Good Morning Everyone,

First off, a big apology for falling off the chat board wagon. I went through Round 1 of P90x with a lot of you and towards the last week just fell off the face of the planet. I've read some posts during the last few days and am extremely happy to see all of you doing so fabulously! Congratulations to those just starting and to those on Round 2. Keep up the good work!

I'm actually back for a minute to ask a question. I finished up P90X in January and it did wonders for me. Although I didn't follow the diet plan and, therefore, didn't shed mucho pounds, I'm sure I replaced a lot of my body fat with muscle and definitely saw intense results in muscle definition. So much so, it prompted me to join a gym (meaning more weight lifting focus and less cardio). Now that I've done the gym thing for the last three months or so, I feel like I might be ready to get back on the P90x bandwagon. Right now I'm taking a recovery week and have done the P90x version just as a change up from my regular routine. Now that I've done Core Syn and Yoga a few times this week, I'm really missing my P90x. I have some apprehension about going back on the program though. I now have this gym membership, and don't know if I should do the P90x at the gym (use the written workouts in the book modified as I see fit) or just go back full force with the tapes. I'm afraid that I'll loose interest after a little while though because I know what its all about. Especially with ARX. I've been consistently working my abs hard since P90x and feel like that workout might even be too light (if that's possible).

Anyway, my question is how you 2nd rounders are REALLY doing. Are you bored? Do you feel just as motivated as you did the first time? What modifications have you made since your 1st round? Overall, what's the experience like.

Thanks so much for your help fellow Xers. I've been debating on whether to hop on and ask these questions for the last few days, but I just don't know where to turn. I'm sitting here DOMing out due to last night's fight through Core Syn and just needed to get this all off my chest.

I hope you all have wonderful days and workouts! Keep up the great work!

DB-X

Just popping on to say good morning....gotta get DD ready for school. I am planning on doing yoga and tris today....I am looking forward to the nectar! Also just wanted to thank Traci for the bike shorts....my buttocks are much less sore today because of them!

For those interested I posted some pics of our new house on my picture trail...along with a couple of shots of DD...

ta ta for now!

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Morning,

Its’ going to be a busy day today.

Quick check in, back later

Last night, BM2 upper body doubles, nice:7 :7

This morning, not good, I decided to finally do CC1 go figure, thought I get a good hour run in, and whatcha know my TM drove me crazy with all the clicking, usually I have my head phone on with the music loud not to loud. I just can’t stand anything that takes me out of my comfort zone, and that pretty much did click… click…click… Anyway, I only did 30 minutes on my TM, then LIC 9 1/2 cardio blast x(

I’m waiting for the Treadmill Doctor to open, going to set a date to get my TM serviced, it is way overdue. I had it for 10 years, paid nice bucks for it I hope too have another 10 yrs its a Perform

Tonight’s workout, Butts & Guts either overall legs or leg blast.

Teddygirl~

Good morning,

Today was supposed to be Lowmax, but subbed 30 minutes of Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step with one riser, and then 20 minutes of Baron Baptiste Level 1. I've still got some discomfort and gas pains in my upper stomach area (right below my sternum), but hopefully that will go away over the course of the day. If it doesn't, I won't do the time trial tonite. We'll see.

Traci, so happy for you that your shoulder is cooperating. Know you will continue to take it easy with it for a while. Thanks for the good vibes. I'll see how I feel tonite. I've learned that for these time trials, I can't eat too soon before them and need at least an hour to let my food digest. Otherwise, I feel mucho discomfort all bent over onto the aerobars. So if I still have some gassiness in the upper stomach, I'll be feeling it the whole way and that's not fun.

Laurie, so sorry you have been sick. Glad you took the time and stayed in bed. Sometimes it's just so hard to slow down. Get better soon!

Hi DB! Good to hear from you. Glad you have enjoyed your gym time. I can't answer your question as I'm not doing the X right now. Just didn't feel it. Probably later this year though. I have found that eating cleaner makes a big difference so I'm trying to focus on that while doing my Cathe's and other instructors. I'm keeping the leanness, but probably am not as "pumped" as I was doing the X, which is actually okay with me. I have enough muscle for my tastes, just need to lose the fat layer. Know you will get responses from the others that are doing their 2nd round of P90X.

Debra, what a cutie your DD is!!! Oh my gosh!! And the house, what a dump LOL!! It's a very beautiful house and I'm so happy for you! Wow!! Do you have some pics of the inside too? Would love to see them.

Teddygirl, sorry about the treadmill. Hope you get the problem cleared up. Enjoy B&G tonite.

Sandra, glad to see you back and nice to hear how much you enjoyed your trip! Will love to see the pictures when you get them posted. What kind of workouts will you be focusing on now?

Jeanette

Good morning gang,

I was so happy to wake up in my own bed this morning! I'm sitting here sipping a cup of coffee...without sugar in it. It still tastes good, thankfully. I haven't read the last 3 days' posts, and only rapidly skimmed all the posts for the last 11 days, so for the sake of time I'll just jump in where we are today. If anything notable happened to anyone, please fill me in.

TraciX - Re: your arm... You're talking about the shoulder/rotator cuff problem, aren't you? I'm thrilled you've nipped it in the bud!!! How did you change how you slept? What do you do in your sleep that hurts your shoulder? If the answer is XX rated, then make sure you tell us in great detail. Yup, overall it was a fab trip! Much better than I anticipated. I want to pack up and move back to southwestern Ontario now. But I'm also so happy to be in my house. I love my house. It sounds like you must have had a great time at the Bay this weekend, if you didn't check in at all? How are your P90X results coming along, now that you're half way through?

LaurieX - Oooh, you've been sick! Ugh! I hope this didn't interfere with your ren faire preparations? Is that starting soon?

DBX - Hello! It sounds like you're doing very well in your post-P90X life. When TraciX decided to do Round 2, I decided to just repeat Phase3 along with her. So I did three weeks of Phase3 upper body weights, then subbed Cathe's for the cardio and lower body weights. I just cannot do solely P90X workouts for 3 months again. I am too much of a Cathe-fan for that. My goal was just to buff up the muscles a bit to correspondingly buff up my self-confidence before we took a trip. I enjoyed doing the weight work, combined with Cathe's workouts. But ARX got subbed quite a bit. I found I was just not giving it my all, and was not challenging myself with it. In your situation I would suggest that perhaps you can just do a P90X-style rotation at your gym? Or maybe go back and forth between a week of P90X workouts, and a week at the gym?

Hello to everyone else! I'll bbl to check out how you're all doing.

Cheers,
SandraX

Classic: Phase 1/ Week 4/ Day 2/ Round 1

Core Synergistics

Wow, this was a fun but tough workout! I worked up quite a sweat. I usually do though when I'm working my core region. Today is another hot one in sunny San Diego! It will be in the 90's. I think I might lay out and catch some rays and get tan for vacation.

Traci-X- Yeah! I'm so glad your shoulder is feeling better, maybe my back is next:) I was bummed about the scale because I reached my goal weight a few months ago and was just looking to tweak my muscles for good definition. my husband said the same thing about muscle weighing more and I told him it was just a bummer because I didn't want to get bigger even if it is muscle:) I have been eating the same as always. I write everything down everyday but Sunday and stay at about 1850 calories. I am just maintaining so I didn't restrict for the P90X routine. I have big hopes for this week

Laurie- Glad your on the mend. What a way to spend a weekend.

Debra- Your new house is beautiful!! I really like the brick. Your daughter is adorable, now how about some pictures of her mom:)

Jeanette- Have you ever had these gas pains before? They sure are lasting a long time and putting a wrinkle in your day. I hope you will feel better to do the time trials.

SandraX- Glad you had a relaxing time away with plenty of fun and food:9 I am looking forward to the same "break" in June. Relaxation, here I come!

Have a great day everyone!

P.S. Thanks again for the tip Wendy, it took me 75% less time to post this morning. Now it won't be such a chore:)

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Phase 2/ Week 6/ Day ??/ LB & ARX/ Round 1

Tracy-X: Thank you so much for your step suggestion! I did the warm-up and first step combo of Low Impact Step without any risers before YogaX. It was great! My knees are feeling fine. I can tell I'm getting stronger cardio-wise with the X workouts!

Traci-X: These ladies are great! :) Ya know, they can only give you advice. You get credit for taking care of your body! So how are you sleeping now? Propped up on a pillow? your dh? your dogs??? ;-) Lawn-Max LOL Does that include Hardcore Weed Wacker?

Laurie-X: I'm sorry you were under the weather these past few days. Did you have some sort of virus?

DB-X: Welcome Back! I don't have any advice for you. I think Sandra gave you some good advice since you already have gym access.

Debra-X: Those must be some padded bike shorts! I'll take a look at your picture trail as soon as I finish posting. You know how that goes. Did you take dd to the doctors yet? I have to call for an appointment today. Hopefully, the pediatrician will be able to take care of it and not refer dd to the allergist. Enjoy licking nectar. Much better for you than, oh say... a jelly filled doughnut. :9 I should be ashamed of myself!!!

Teddygirl: Does your treadmill make the clicking sound when it is changing incline or all the time? I have a treadmill without an automatic incline. It's okay since I don't use the incline. Enjoy B&G!

Jeanette-X: I hope you feel better by now! If not, you're probably right about skipping tonight's TT. Don't want you taking a chance of straining yourself and getting on the IL. I remember how painful air bubbles can be. Right after my c-section (twins), I thought I was going to DIE!!! It was so painful! And, Phil's mom once went to the emergency room with stomach pain only to find relief in the waiting room! LOLOLOLOL She was soooo embarrased, but thankful it wasn't anything serious. Thank you so much for the knee strengthing link!!! I will have to incorporate some of those exercises into my routine. My left knee needs help. Oh! My whole left side needs help. It's noticeably weaker than my right side.

Katie: Nice to see you again! Kudos to you for keeping up with your workouts during this season in your life. Best of wishes with your new job. Pop in every chance you get with an update on your progress!

Nicole: Try not to freak yet. You KNOW I've been the worst eater here!!!! I can not believe the changes the X has made to my body despite my fat, carb ladden diet. I really think Traci is right about the high intensity cardio not being necessary. Just today, I got on the scale FULLY dressed and after eating a slice of wheat bread smothered with Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter. And it read 113 pounds!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! I know it wasn't a license to eat a jelly filled doughnut, but can you blame me for wanting to celebrate? LOL Anyhow, why not try to incorporate a little step into your routine like Traci suggested for me to try? It might give you enough time to see the X Magic. :) Just remember to land like Catwoman! You can always modify the timing or jumping to lessen the impact on your knees.

Sandra-X: Welcome back!!!! Let's see... anything notable happen during your vacation? Well, Traci is now certified. Debra subbed another man for her 12th wedding anniversary. Jeanette is conditioned enough to compete in a triathlon all by herself! Tracy isn't really injured. Nicole's legs swelled up bigger than an elephants. Teddygirl is now known as Imelda Marcos. Amy's knees might be suffering an early death. And, I'm strutting around in 5" heels while twirling around poles. }( :7 ;-) I'm only stretching things!!! My pole came down when Phil refused to sleep in a canopy bed. Amy's knees have many years of torture ahead. Teddygirl's shoe collection hasn't reached level 10 crazy yet. Nicole's legs are still human looking. Tracy is just a smart exerciser. Jeanette is only scheduled to do the biking portion of the triathlon. Debra only subbed riding 10 miles. She's a good wife! And, Traci is only certifiably crazy. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Well, I think I've done enough damage for one day! Hi to all who follows.

Blessings,
Wendy

ETA: Debra's noticeable happening

Debra-X,

Oh MY! Your house is so stately and lovely! Just perfect for an Xer get together since I've heard not a peep from Jeanette about her organizing one!!! ;-) I love brick homes. I think it's the structure of the bricks. I can be anal like that. ;-)

Julia looks like the perfect Southern Belle! I'm sure she'll miss her friends. She'll have fun making new friends in NC.

I almost forgot... Happy Anniversary!!!! 12 years is a long time! One more year and it'll be equivalent to a highschool graduation! :)

It must be difficult on you and your dd with dh in Russia. Will he be coming back anytime soon? How long will his job keep him there?

Have fun getting ready to move into your beautiful home!

Wendy

Hi there everyone! Thanks for the compliments on the house and the DD...I know I haven't posted any pics of me...but I only have DD to take pics and they are usually of just one body part or another and aren't very flattering. DD is much more photogenic!

I walked the doggie for about 30 minutes and we were both really hot after that...then SH tris, CTX abs and 30 minutes of honey-like hips with Eion.

Here are some personals....

Wendy...Hope your DD is getting better. I think mine is finally over the worst of it. She has only coughed about 5 times today which is a definite improvement! My DH is coming home in June...but it will be for our annual vacation, so he won't be any help with the house...but we have moved nine times and I have my system down pat now. He will definitely be in Russia until August...and maybe as long as NEXT August. Hope you have a good time with LB tonight....I am thinking I may do that one this week. You guys are always welcome to come for and Xer reunion! I think that would be wonderful.

Nicole...Glad you enjoyed Core Syn...it's tough, but I always felt so accomplished when I was done! It's 83 here today, which is really hot for here.

Sandra...Glad to have you back...It sounds like you had a great vacation...I hope your DD's survived since there were lots of other adults around to keep an eye on them! It sounds like Wendy filled you in on all the happenings around here.

Jeanette...Hope your tummy is feeling better. Mine hurts all the time and I have to take a Zantac once a day so that it doesn't wake me at night. I know you'll be sad if you're not able to do your time trial tonight. Thanks for the advice on the helmet mirror...I will definitely invest in one of those. It's not a big deal in my neighborhood, but where we are moving, I will be riding on country roads and I am sure I will need. Thanks, too, for letting me know about your times....I just wanted to kind of know what I should be aiming for. I will post some inside pics, too...Although they are not very exciting since it's empty and no fun colors on the walls yet.

TG..Sorry your treadmill is sick. The clicking would drive me nuts too!

Laurie..Sorry you have been under the weather! I'm glad you are feeling better!

DB...Maybe you could mix doing some of the workouts at the gym and then some with Tony and crew...That might help stave off any boredom you may have. Good luck...and congrats for getting through round 1!

Traci...I think it is awesome that your are trying something new with your life...It certainly isn't easy to study when there is so much else going on. It took me 2 years in college to figure out how to study...and I think my mind is much mushier now then it was then! I will try StrikeZone the next time kickboxing is on my schedule. Let me know what you think about the others you try. I like Cathe's kickboxing...I just want some others to change up with. I didn't enjoy Amy because her cuing was SO far off...Cathe, to me, is so much easier to follow. I think I am spoiled with her! And, although I have complaints against Tony...his cuing is great! I also like that it tells you at the bottom of the screen what move you are doing. Glad your shoulder has healed with out much pain.

Okay...I am off for now...I'll be back this evening to check on everyone...

Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell

Hi all,

I've had a busy week at work and then had to stay late, which I hate. Unfortunately I can't avoid it because this is the week that people can interview to switch schools and we have a few vacancies, so I've been sitting in on interviews after school. I'm really glad I'm on the side of the table that I'm on. I hate to interview and I have a lot of sympathy for people interviewing for jobs. Then I found out the a really wonderful person that was once my supervisor died Sunday night. She was less than 50 and has a DD graduating from HS next month. Although she has been ill off and on, it was a shock and such a loss.

Today I walked 3 miles and then did 90 minutes of yoga. I zipped almost the entire time and my core is feeling pretty darn tight. I'm happy that I can do a few controlled core exercises and still feel benefits. I'm sure the yoga is helping too. It is unbelievable, but I actually can't wait to get through my workout, so that I can do the yoga. I just love the new Shiva. I'm sure she never lifts a weight, but she is so strong. I'm not that strong by any means. The new vinyasas are really different and require a lot of core and body strength to maintain control.

Looks like a few ups and downs this week. Laurie I hope that you and Jeanette feel better.

Wendy glad you liked the suggestion for the step before yoga. I really think that a warmup enhances the yoga. Unless of course you are like gumby and don't need to warm up.

Traci, I'm glad your arm is feeling better.

Nicole, my muscles held a lot of water during the X, yours may be too. It is surprising how much smaller they get when you quit working the like that, but I've still maintained my strength.

Sandra - I'm glad you are back and you didn't loose any of the children....

I'm too tired to look back at the posts and catch everyone for personals. I did read them though. I should have more time tomorrow because I don't have to stay late, but of course I have to go grocery shopping.

Tracy

Good Evening Ladies,

Hope everyone had a good day and got lots accomplished. I had to exchange Shelby's viola for the next size up. My baby is growing! sniff sniff

Shhh... I just finished ordering Phil some Cathe dvds for his upcoming birthday. Looks like a cheesecake is in order. Hey! I can't help it if that's his favorite dessert! I will be ready this year!!! I'm TERRIBLE with dates. I'm like a man!!! Usually we celebrate dh's bd on the 13th instead of on the 12th. For some reason, I keep thinking it's on the 13th. For years, my dds did too. LOL We couldn't break it to them. And every anniversary, he'll bring me home a bouquet of flowers. I ALWAYS sincerely ask what's the occassion! Ummm, we've been married 10 years!!! How pathetic am I! Glad he still loves me! Anyhow, I got him Slow & Heavy and Bootcamp/Muscle Endurance. Don't worry. I didn't forget about ME! I ordered LIC for me to use the cardio portion as a warm-up before yoga. :)

Tracy-X: I'm sorry to hear about your former supervisor. When I hear about a sudden death, it shifts my perspective for awhile. I wish I could live with an eternal outlook all the time. Unfortunately, I get caught up in the moment and forget what's really important. Wow, you can't wait to get to yoga??? You'll have to link me to the new Shiva. You know, I never warmed up before Yoga-X. Never crossed my mind to do so! I'll start looking forward to Yoga days since I started incorporating step.

Debra-X: Oooo! I don't know if you realize what you may have gotten yourself into hosting the first time Xers get together! ;-) I'll start pushing plans after you get settled into the new house. Yippee!!! :) However, from the sounds of it, you've got that under control. We've only moved twice since we've been married. This is supposed to be our transitional home, but here we still are. That's okay. I like the neighborhood and people here.

Jeanette-X: How are you feeling tonight? Were you able to do your TT?

Well, I best get some more laundry folded.

Blessings,
Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.