Xers ~~~ Tuesday~~~

teddy16410

Cathlete
Morning Xers!
Today is SuperSets Upper - never got GS Legs in yesterday so its today... We got home later than expected so thats got to be done as well! Kind of a full body mish mosh day }(

Back with personals...:7

Monday: Heavy Weights (cycle day 16)
GS Legs + SuperSets Upper

Debra X
Fun pamper day today I see! ENJOY!! Glad you are still finding time for that these days. Today is my big laundry day…. Wish I were done like you are!

Nicole
Congrats on all the upper definition! It will be easy to deflate those new muscles if you find they are bigger than you’d like… X is almost done can you believe it? I do indeed enjoy getting back home every week- I like my routine at least as far as working out and having all my alone time during the day! Our weekend home is a tiny 620 square foot area so when DH & “kids” are inside it’s a little too cozy for my liking!

Amy
Sleeping a lot today I’m sure… I wonder if your new eating plan will give you some extra energy? Hope you have a great morning of rest! I’ll pray for a quiet house.

Cheryl
That’s cool that some of the YaYa’s are starting X…. You can always just use the upper weight work for a few of your workouts for muscle confusion… no law says it has to be a full rotation. Glad you got a bit of downtime this weekend

Sandra X
Lol on DD’s High Maintenance mode! Is that poetic justice perhaps? …. When I’m ready to present my idea to DH about workout room I think I’ll let you do all the talking on my behalf! Sorry about scale but at least you know it cant be fat with your proper eating… I on the other hand had a HORRID weekend of poor food choices. I feel like I’m constantly going back to square one.. very frustrating for me today. I am adding fish back into my diet as well… I need a little animal protein to keep me lean and unfortunately I convinced myself all weekend that as long as I was eating bread- (my nemesis) I was staying vegan… I think I need to regroup my thinking again and think clean first - vegan second. On the GS Series (or anything else for that matter) Why cant you do the workout but use lighter weights? That may appear to be a stupid thought I know but doesn’t bulk come from the amount of the weight being lifted? Just adding in more for you to consider!

Tracy X
I am getting the impression that you are truly in the final stages of healing! I certainly hope that’s accurate!!! WooHoo! Even if you never go back to old formats its nice to know that you can if you choose!
When are you out for summer?

Happy day to all the MIA Xers! Hope the weekend was delightful! Off to workout & start laundry.

Morning Xers,

Doubles: Ph2/Wk8/Day6/Rnd2
Workout: YogaX

Had a busy weekend again. :) And when don't we. The wedding on Saturday was very beautiful, and my youngest DD look really cute. I of course shead a tear when seeing how cute she looked. :) Sunday after I sang (for the last time until fall) at church, I headed down to the faire site to stain some benches. All that bending over made my back sore. :) But came home and did some KenpoX. I think it loosened up the back a little. Monday got in my Core Syn, and for the rest of the day I finished the bead work on my DH's doublet. I was going to try to get on line yesterday, but the DD's where busy on the computer.

Tonight I have my first volleyball game.

Need to look at all the weekend posts. :)

Have a great day!

Laurie

Hi, everyone!

Traci, welcome back!! I'm with ya all the way on the re-commitment to clean eating. I had waaaay too much dark chocolate last weekend - oy!

I love your thoughts on modifying the X rotation. I think that's what I'll do.

Today was a 6 mile run and for weights I'll do MuscleMax, I think.
The workout room mirror comes today - hurray! Can't wait!

Laurie, sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Enjoy that YogaX :)

Have a great day, everyone! Feels like Monday, doesn't it?? :eek:

Cheryl

Hi to all..Just popping on really quick to say good morning...And I just have to share my month's results with you guys! Okay, so I know the month isn't really over yet, but I was feeling thin and am not sure when ttom is coming, so I wanted to go ahead and measure. Keep in mind that over the past month I have been doing Slow and Heavy one body part per day (except legs, which I have used various videos for) plus 3 days of cardio, one day of legs, and 2 days of yoga or pilates....

And here are the results....

Weight... - 1 lb
chest... -1/2 in
waist... -1/2 in
hips.... -1/2 in
thighs left -1/2 in
right -1 whole inch!!!
biceps.. left -1/4 in
right same

I am very pleased with my results...and I just wanted to let you guys know what I accomplished by using heavy weights for 3 weeks or so....I still have one more week to go until moving and vacation, so I am going to stick with this for now...

Okay dd is almost ready for school...

bbl!
Debra

we do not remember days....
we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

http://www.picturetrail.com/aschendell
0101_10009001662.gif

Good morning,

We had a very nice camping trip. Did the organized metric century (68 miles, we added on a few more miles) on Saturday, first locking myself out of my pickup when I got there so had to call Geico. Beautiful day and lots of riders. I heard there were around 600 or so, lots for this ride as a good turnout is around 300. Last year this ride had snow dumped on it the night before, so very poor turnout then. Guess everyone wanted to enjoy the beautiful weather this year.

We had a great time camping, horseshoes, riding the Rhino on various rides, visiting with Mom and Dad and DD and DG who dropped by for the day, DS and his girlfriend stayed with us. We had a wonderful time, though we were all so very dirty. Got home yesterday, opened the door and found out the refrigerator/freezer had gone out while we were gone, stinky spoiled meat smell throughout house. I tossed everything and will call the repairman today. Good thing we have our camp trailer for refrigeration. Took a while to get the camping stuff all unloaded and put away, so no time to post last night.

Today's workout was about 25 minutes of Cardio Fusion, floorwork from B&G, and then the stability ball abwork from B&G. I will do an easy spin on my bike today after work. I have the 2nd in the Hill Climb Competition on Thursday so don't want to toast my legs. Hoping we will have a good turnout for it.

Traci, I like Supersets, good workout. I know you will be just fine leaving P90X for a while, doing your own thing.

Laurie, your weekends are always full, but sound very fun and satisfying. I love volleyball, played years ago on our junior college team. Loved it. Hope you have a great time.

Cheryl, boy, the eating part is the toughest, isn't it? I too love dark chocolate. Sigh.

Debra, awesome results!!! Thanks for sharing. I'm doing the S&H/GS rotation, but modified today due to my bike riding on Thursday. I did no workouts at all this weekend, except a long bike ride on Saturday. The only arm workout I got was lifting a fork and playing horseshoes.

Jeanette

GS Legs + SuperSets Double Upper Back/Chest/Abs

I shifted gears as soon as I got started on SS Upper… Decided I wanted this week to be strong & heavy and knew that I wouldn’t be able to stay heavy if I did all of upper-so I did Chest/Back Abs today (doubles) and will do SS Dbl Shoulders tomorrow, SS Dbl Biceps Thur & SS Dbl triceps Friday… that feels better to me.

GS Legs is also completed and I feel good that it’s all done for day…
My calves & outer thighs are really feeling it already. I’ll be doing my Yoga in afternoons as a pick me up and to help with afternoon eating…1-4 seem to be trigger hours for me.

Also decided that I will be going to a Mon-Fri rotation for summer- too many drop by visitors at bay, activities etc.. and too little equipment. I’ll take some kickboxing DVDs & Yoga DVDs down there in case I want to do a little something.

Sandra X:
Rise & Shine sunshine!

Tracy X
Back to work today I imagine- hope things are less stressful for you this week

Debra X
FABULOUS results woman! Your new rotation agrees with you obviously… What an inspiration you are for not be workout-crazed – working smart not long! ^^5!

Laurie X
I always get a kick out of your busy weekends! You have so much more energy than I do! I bet your DD was darling- any pics in the future? AWESOME way to get all your workouts in too!

Jeanette X
Nice to have you back and around! Yet another short work week for you- YEAH. SO SORRY about the spoiled food! Never a fun smell or site when returning from vacation. Hope it gets fixed a lot quicker than TracyX’s did! Your vacation sounds wonderful as does your ride! I thnk you and I both had the fork workout going! Back to reality today…

Wendy
MISS YOU BIG TIME!

TeddyGirl
Hope your long weekend was fabulous!

Amy
Hope you are sleeping well!

Nicole
Busy weekend for you too I’m sure! Hope all is well

Cheryl
Dark Choco for me too! LOLOL. I was horrified to see scale up 3 pounds today. I was suppose to lose BF this month- not looking like that’s going to happen with just 3 days left… We’ll keep each other on track this week! Pinky swear!!!

Off to the grocery store for some fruit….. Have a great day all!

Good morning,

What's this TraciX? "Rise and shine"?! What the h*#(& do you think I've been doing all this time? Sleeeeping? I wish! No, I was up with the birds at 5am and by 5:57am was already pushing play. Between 5:15am and 5:57am I drank a cup of coffee, ate a half of an almond butter & 2x the Fruit Strawberry Rhubarb jam sandwich, made DD#1 a honey-peanut butter sandwich for breakfast (wrapped in cling wrap so it stays fresh until she wakes up), and reheated some spaghetti & meatballs to put in her thermos for lunch today. Finally I made it down to the basement. I did MIC this morning. Whole thing. 8" step. So there :p Then I was in the shower, waking up the baby, got her dressed, helped the DD#1 finish getting ready for school, and we were off to the bus stop at a quick clip. Then home again, fed the toddler breakfast, ate my own breakfast, and back out the door with the toddler to get some fresh air around the neighbourhood. Checked the mail: found a package from my mother (yay) and a bill for 2007 property taxes (boooooo). But am out of soymilk, so put dd in the car and drove to the store for more milk. They're out of my favourite brand, and DD was running away down the aisle, so I had to quickly grab a different brand, and run off to get her. She cried the whole time we were in the store because I didn't use a shopping cart that has a steering wheel for kids to play with. Remembered to pick up some ww tortillas, but forgot to pick up the canned mandarin oranges packed in juice that DD#1 loves. Oh well. Back home again, toddler still crying. Stopped once we pulled up in front of the house. Started again when I wouldn't let her stay outside and push the little umbrella stroller around. Stopped when I gave her her stuffed ducky and soother. So now she's eating a snack, watching tv, and I'm catching up on my emails. And what have you been doing? Hmmm?

Did you do all of GS Legs today? I'll bet your legs feel toasty now! I'm sorry you had uncontrolled eating this weekend. You're having a hard time with the vegan thing, hey? I have no trouble eschewing the animal protein. It's the low-fat, low/no sugar situation that's my problem. I want my treats, and somehow a bowl of applesauce just isn't cutting it. I completely recognize that my treat cravings are to stimulate my mood, and not because I'm genuinely hungry. I don't know if this is something I'll ever be able to get past. I'm thinking that maybe I need to add more complex grain carbs to my day; that might help. I've been quite stingy on them, which may be setting me up for caving in to more intense cravings later in the day. Have you received Barnard's BFS book yet? He wrote the introduction to Vegan Planet, I noticed the other day. BTW, yes I had noticed Oz's intro to ETL. I really like the You books.

So, how do you feel doing SS double body parts? Does it feel thorough? I enjoy SS very much. The bicep work is especially challenging, it seems.

Okay, let's call this an email to TraciX, and I'll post the rest of my personals in another one.

SandraX

Okay, here's the rest of my post!

LaurieX and JeanetteX: great to have you back! You were missed! Now, where's Teddygirl? And Wendy? And Katie, Debfer, and ah, the other people I'm forgetting. Roll call!!!!!

LaurieX - you sure are devoted to the Faire. What motivates you to spend so much time and energy with this?

Cheryl - I'm way too far away to go to any part of the RT. I second Traci's suggestion to supplement your workouts with the P90X upper body weight workouts. I'm a big fan of dark chocolate, too. Heck, I'm a big fan of any kind of chocolate!

DebraX - Oh my gosh, that's great progress for only 3 weeks! Have you ever done a SH rotation before? I'm unclear about what you were suggesting to me yesterday. Are you suggesting that perhaps my bloat isn't from the heavy lifting? I don't know what to think anymore. Maybe it's just normal body weight fluctuation, and is going to happen regardless of what I eat or how I exercise? You asked me a good question about why I want to go to more endurance-type lifting. I had to think about that a bit before answering. The answer is: because I hear time and again that heavy lifting causes the muscles to retain water, so maybe that's causing me to bloat? Plus, endurance-type work burns more calories, so will assist in my goal to lose body fat. I thought maybe it was possible to slim down while simultaneously trying to build muscle, which is counter to what a lot of people are saying these days. So I suppose I need to fully embrace one of these priorities, and let the other one slide for a while. What do you think?

JeanetteX - Will you adopt me into your family? Just on weekends, even? I would love to live your weekend life for a while. It always sounds fantastic. Except for the bit about the dead fridge. Oooy. Thank heavens you were only gone for 3 days, and not a week or more. Are you buying a new fridge now?

Amy - I hope your knee is fixable. You're so smart to get it looked at now, instead of ignoring it until it becomes too painful for anything. I had a friend who had me put my hand on her kneecap, as she extended her leg. OMG, it felt like she was popping corn in there. Really freaked me out. She said it didn't hurt, but I have think it can't be good.

Nicole - the plethora of push up variations in CST is certainly daunting, I agree. Good for you for pushing play all 3 times this round. Where are you going for your vacation, btw? Are the kids coming with you?

I'm ready for a nap. I've put DD down for her nap, and was intending to do some yoga, but I just want to sleep. Maybe I should practice shavasana? ;)

Have a good day,
SandraX

TracyX - I just noticed that we haven't heard from you today. I hope all is well and the parents are behaving well for you! How do you feel after your session of step the other day? Any lingering effects?

Cheers,
SandraX

Okay, I *just* woke up....and Sandra's post is making me want to go back for a nap!!! WHEW!! NO WONDER they calculated that a stay-at-home mom is worth almost $140,000/year!!! (american)

I am just finishing up my first cup of coffee and contemplating my workout for the day and decided that Traci had a great idea. I received SS/PP before starting the X and never got to try it, so I think that I will try one of them, upper body only....still DOMmy in the Hammies. Oh, the scale is down a total of 4 lbs since Friday (more bloat gone!!!) D)

Traci- I am sorry that the vegan thing isn't working for you. (Oh, BTW, thanks for the good sleep vibes..you know my schedule so well!;)) Anyway, I love fish and have gotten back into eating more of it with the new eating plan (it stresses 5 different varieties of protein a day). My favorite is the frozen fish filets (orange roughy, flounder, etc) from the grocery store and grilling them indoors. I have found a spice blend that is AWESOMELY YUMMY on grilled fish....Fox Point Seasoning from www.penzeys.com. It's a blend of dried shallots, salt, chives, garlic, onion, and green peppercorns.:9 :9 :9

Debra- Awesome results!!! I hope that those last stubborn lbs vacate the premises soon!!!

I just made a 'date' day with DH. He really wanted to go out to breakfast yesterday after I got home from work, but I didn't feel up to it, besides, I couldn't stay awake. Anyway, since Thursday is my 'free' day, I decided that we could 'breakfast' that day, but I also wanted to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3 that day, so I could enjoy some of DH's popcorn. So that's our plans for Thursday, and I would like everyone here to pray that he's feeling up to it, because we haven't had a 'date' day in so long that I can't remember when it was! Oftentimes, we have to cank the plans because he's not feeling up to it. Lately, he's been having LOTS of nausea due to the pain, so it's hit and miss. I didn't mean to dump all that on you guys, but I have had lots of disappointing episodes where we have plans and have to ditch them because of his disabilities.x( Keeping fingers crossed!!!

Oh, Sandra, I wish that we were neighbors, I would have given you a couple of cartons of soy milk this morning! I am trying to stay away from most things soy for now after reading a scary article about some of the things that it effects (a lot of them had my name on them, so we're experimenting).

Jeanette- I am glad that you had a great weekend....that is until you got home! YUCK! I am sorry that that happened, but am very thankful that you had your 'back-up' fridge!!! Before I got married, my roommate and I went to NYC for a long weekend to see Les Mis (her brother was in it) in January. When we got back at 10p, we discovered that our basement was flooded! Talk about a rude welcome home! We were fortunate, though, that our landlords lived upstairs from us and they helped us carry all the basement stuff upstairs to dry out. There wasn't a whole lot that was wet, because most of our boxes were in the higher areas of the floor, but my workout space got flooded out!

Everyone else, I hope that you have a great day and I will check in to see what you are all up to later!!! Ta!!!

Okay...I am getting ready to exercise...and even though I have not been chasing a toddler around all day, I have been busy none the less! I will catch everyone later...just wanted to get Sandra and Amy now....

Amy...Now you are making me nervous about MY knee!!! I just did the test and I can hear the popcorn in my knee, not just feel it...i was hurt years ago in ninth grade gym class...supposed to be doing the high jump, but I'm short, okay?!? Anyhoo, I still have problems with it sometimes...and it really started bothering me when I started Cathe's step...now I only do step once a week, so it doesn't bother me much...but I will definitely be interested in what the doc tells you....And just keeping my fingers crossed for you that DH is up to your date on Thursday...I am sorry things are so tough for him.

Sandra...I think my post yesterday was just to make you think a bit about your goals and what you want to achieve...and maybe to question if it is the scale that is bothering you with the bloat...or are you actually having tightness in your clothes? I thought of you this morning while I was measuring my chest (no, not that way!)...but I had just done SH chest yesterday and I wondered if that increased that number a bit...although most of my chest measurement comes from my incredibly broad back..which I won't even get into now. Everyone is different, of course, but I can really tell that I have leaned out on this heavy rotation and my muscles don't seem to carry any extra water...also, keep in mind, I am only doing one muscle group per day which may give my muscles more time to regulate themselves and recuperate between workouts. I think you CAN slim down and gain muscle at the same time...I feel like I have achieved that over the past month. And keep in mind my diet is not nearly as good as yours! On my previous rotation I lost a couple of pounds...but I did not see any real muscle growth...which was fine because I had just gotten done with the X and really needed to give them a break. I feel like the gains I have made over the past month are due in part to the heavy lifting and in part to just changing up my routine to shake things up a bit for my body. I also had the thought this morning when I was measuring...when is enough, enough? When do I make the decision to just maintain what I have built and live with the body I have? I'm not sure...I wear sizes 2 and 4 (depending on the brand)...so how much smaller do I really need to be? I will be interested to hear my DH's comments when I see him in a couple of weeks. Since he hasn't seen me in 3 months and obviously pays close attention to my physique...Anyway...after an incredibly long post, I just wanted you to think about your goals. I believe that it is important to find a rotation and stick with it for at least 3-4 weeks. I don't think it causes muscle confusion when you switch up all the time. Okay..I must be done by now...You DD's are probably halfway back to the grocery store by now!!

Okay gators...I will bbl to catch up with everyone else, but I knew I had to write Sandra now before I exercised so that I wouldn't be thinking of my post the whole time! I am getting ready to do "more than mat pilates...advanced" plus SH shoulders...it's CRAZY hot here today and too warm for a bike ride..I should be able to ride tomorrow morning before it gets so warm...

I'm really going now...

Debra

we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

0101_10009001662.gif

Hi all,

Yesterday I did B&G as produced, but no G. It is a good workout and I had to modify just a little of the floor work because I usually don't do it, but I'm trying to change. Then magically hips.

Today is upper, not sure what yet and Tone.

Sandra - I still have memories of a kid screaming the entire time I was at the grocery store. I guess it happens to everyone. Good thing DD waited until after you finished the X to advance to the lovely toddler stage. Here's another thing to think about regarding the workouts. Why not throw out all this research stuff and do what you have found to work for you? I've had lots of progress with prefatiging the muscles and then using moderate weights. I am plenty bulky and still strong. Plus, wrt using lighter weights, are you looking for instant gratification or results over the long haul? Because if it is water weight, it will always go away when you stop lifting heavy, but the longer you lift heavy the more dense the muscles will become. Why not rotate heavy and moderate plus body weight stuff and then use how you look and not the scale? On the arm balances, almost none of Shiva's because I don't have the hamstring flexibility, but I can do the one in magically hips that is after the standing pigeon with the shin/ankle knee on the triceps.

Traci - Bread bloats me to no end. Enough that I really don't eat much of it anymore. In theory I would love to be a vegetarian, but I realize that I am just not committed enough to have the right foods available etc. I've accepted that and sort of moved on. I do eat more fish now and less animal protien, but I will never say never.

Amy - Isn't it nice to get rid of the bloat? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the date happens.

Laurie - Busy all weekend and still getting it with the X. Good for you.

Jeanette - Glad you had a nice weekend and ride. I didn't get out to ride, but did get in a good run. It's hard to run and ride. There's only so much time in the week. Wishing you good luck on the time trial.

Debra - You lost some inches! That is always promising. Keep those abs zipped when you move, it really does help to make the abs flat. Plus I read where it helps them to eventually engage naturally. I must say, I'd give anything if my abs engaged naturally.

Nicole - Check in when you can.

Hi to all I missed.

Tracy

GS Legs + SuperSets Double Upper Back/Chest/Abs

Sandra X:
I feel honored to have such a long and detailed post all to myself! LOL you silly girl- I KNEW you were awake (you have little ones silly!) but I had no idea you were accomplishing so very much! No wonder you take naps with DD whenever you get the chance! The grocery store incident had me laughing- can you tell I don’t have children? All those hair raising shenanigans make me smile! Yes I did every last grueling minute of GS legs! I’m already sore with the Ouchies so I’m sure tomorrow will be quite fun! I envy you being able to add starchy grains to your daily menus… Even clean ones send me into cravings so I have to severely restrict them… Other than fish and egg whites I’m cool with no other animal proteins tho. I did indeed receive BFS book… I have quickly read thru it once… all makes perfect sense on paper doesn’t it? I’m not sure its all that different than Tosca-Actually every single book Ive read in past year tells me pretty much the same thing- that’s good but it just goes to show how undisciplined my palate is. I like what I like- I crave what I crave and I’m like a spoiled child after about 3 weeks of not getting what I want…. I am beginning to doubt if I will ever grow up in relation to food. SS double was ok- not too terribly challenging after all was done but I was losing focus… Tomorrow I’ll do SS & ME for shoulders and see if that keeps me interested any longer… can you tell I’m just not in the mood these days? BTW: Your logic about endurance lifting makes perfect sense from an immediate cardio benefit factor… Anxiously awaiting to hear what you decided.

Amy:
Very interesting about the 5 different protein sources a day… What is the reasoning behind that? I tend to eat the same thing for days in a row so I don’t have to cook in summer… Is there a magical quality to doing it differently? (wishful thinking for sure) I am assuming you are paying for this new service? If you don’t mind me asking what is the cost? If you do mind me asking sorry- but tell me anyway! I’ll look into that Foxpoint seasonings.. thanks for tip! Hope the date gets pulled off without a hitch! Our dates nights are the only thing that helps us thru DH’s business workaholic weeks….OK- You cant write “scary” things about too much soy without giving us a list of symptoms… You are just like my mother! She drops these little tidbits and assumes I know whats going on!

Nicole:
Hope you are well- take a few deep breathes and write when you can!

Debra X :
Enjoy your workout!

Tracy X
Glad to see your post… we tend to worry when our regulars are mia! I really love B&G but gotta tell ya the floor work in that one is mentally a challenge for me. I wonder if I start with floor and then stand if it would be less mentally painful?

Off to start dinner!

Good evening!

Just got back from running errands...i.e. dropping the comforter off at the dry cleaners (discovered that someone had an 'accident' on it last night, YUCK!). I also got a pedicure and picked up some flax oil.

Traci- No, I'm not paying for this instruction. There's a really nice person on the site that offered to help me re-structure my eating. I was able to take what she instructed me plus a few extra tidbits of information. I will do one better on the symptoms...and post the article!

Here it is-
http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1512419

The only reason why I'm recommended to get 5 different sources of protein a day is for variety and to stave off boredom. I am also one who will eat the same thing for a couple of days, but this is 'recharging' my palate again!

Classic: Phase 2/ Week 8/ Day 2/ Round 1

PlyoX

For some reason Plyo was harder today then usual. I'm sure it was the cruddy food over the weekend. I had to meet my friend for lunch this afternoon and while I was getting ready to go my DS took handfulls of ash out of the fireplace and threw it on my black armoire and tv, yeah! After that he tore down the shower curtain. Needless to say it didn't get cleaned up until I got home. I did warn my DH that if he came home for lunch there was a mess but I would be cleaning it up later.

Debra, Way to go on the measurements! You should be happy about that, especially with all of the moving preparation going on. I am leaving for vacation on June 8th and will return on the 16th. I am really looking forward to it. It will be nice to have a break from the everyday. Isn't your DH home yet?:)

Traci-X, Wow, you had a busy schedule today. Are you tired? I can't wait to shape these big muscles to lean, smaller ones:) I'm glad you enjoyed your workout today. 1-4 is my bad eating time as well. I have to distract myself, but usually my kids do that just fine(i.e. above incidents:) What did you have for dinner?

Jeanette, Glad you had a nice vacation, power and all:) Sounds like you had a great ride. Wow, 600 riders, that's quite a turnout. What a bummer about the fridge. Man, the timing of these mishaps lately have been awful:( Do you ever take a break from exercise? You go at it so hard, I know it shows though.

Laurie, Glad you had a nice time at the wedding! If you had a Picture Trail we could see what she looked like all pretty:)

SandraX, Gee, what an eventful morning you had. It must have been in the air because as you can see from above paragraph, my 2 year-old had quite a day today as well:) We are leaving for Yellowstone & the Grand Tetons in Wyoming, on the 8th of June. We will be gone for 8 days and I'm really excited. The kids are coming and they are really excited as well. We will go to dinosaur museums, tours and hike around the park. Do you enjoy living in Canada? How far are you from Prince Edward Island?

Amy. I am sooo jealous of your success, but I'm very happy for you too. I bet you feel so good. It's always nice to watch those little numbers go down again:) Oh, I do hope you get to go on a date!

TracyX, Glad you have your painting project done, even if it is a lovely shade of rose:) My husband would be so thrilled with that, LOL! I always enjoy reading your advice to everyone, it makes me excited to try new things when I'm finished with the X.

Hi Cheryl, Wendy (MIA), Teddygirl, Swifty Amy and all else who are lurking!

Nicole

Those who do not find time for exercise will have to find time for illness.
-Earl of Derby-

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?uid=7738930

Okay...I'm back...I don't have time for full personals...but please know that I read and digested all of your posts! First of all...I want to give a bit of a review on "More than Mat Pilates...Advanced"...if you are into pilates, you should try this one...Especially if you have done the reformer before...but just can't afford that on a regular basis! The work is based on reformer exercises...she in fact shows the reformer exercise before you do the mat one...which I got a lot out of. Once you master the exercises through the detailed version (51 minutes or so) then there is less than 30 minute routine to use. You need to like pilates to get this one...and there were lots of exercises I had not done before with other pilates videos. I also did SH shoulders. Okay..on to a couple of personals...

Jeanette...Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend...except for the keys, of course! So how long does a 68 mile bike ride take exactly?!? I am sure the fork lifting was really hard work..LOL! I am sure you will see good result from the heavy lifting. I'm not sure what I am going to do after vacation for my next rotation...probably 3-4 weeks of maintenance kind of work...and then I will do GS for 4 weeks with one body part a day. I want to create some muscle confusion over the month/month and a half...then back to making some more strength gains.

Tracy...I thought of you today while doing my pilates dvd...Lots of zipping and tucking! You must do more floor leg work!!! I have changed my ways and added legs to my weekly rotation...so you must try more floor work...LOL

Traci...Okay..lots of things to talk about...First of all...Motivation....we ALL struggle with that from time to time...Do whatever it takes to push play, whether that is to make a rotation for yourself or to just do what you feel like for the day...whatever it takes is okay! You aren't going to lose anything by taking a bit of a break from a rotation. Secondly...vegan eating...I applaud anyone who can stick to this as a lifestyle. I think it is a wonderful goal, but I also think that most people who are truly vegan all the time do so for philosophical reasons (cruelty to animals and all) as opposed to dietary ones. I think you can be a "lite" vegetarian (ie eat fish and eggs) and still achieve some great nutritional growth. You know what is right for you and your body. If you set unrealistic goals, you will always be disappointed. Repeat after me...Do your best and forget the rest...hey, wait, don't you have a shirt that says that?!? Sandra, if you are reading this, I give you an ovation for what you have accomplished! Okay...I think I am done for now with you!!!!

Hi to everyone else...Cheryl (good luck on your X subbing), Wendy (HELLO! where are you?), Teddygirl (too much fun over the weekend?!?), Lea (if you're lurking), Laurie (Volleyball?), Nicole (check in when you can)...And then to Katie, Debfer, and hi again to Amy and Sandra...I am sure I have missed a ton of folks...but know we are still here to support you in your quest for fitness!

Debra

we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

0101_10009001662.gif

Nicole...We must have posting at the same time. I have never been to Yellowstone....DH and I usually pick warm vacation spots! And we enjoy laying around in stead of hiking around! I am surprised that DS is still alive after "the incident"!! LOL Did I mention I love having a 6 yo girl?!? And as far as Plyo goes....Do your best and forget the rest!!!

Swifty...I knew I missed someone! Sorry....hope the wrist is 100%.

okay really leaving now...

Debra

we remember moments
--Cesare Pavese

0101_10009001662.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.